Quicken 2016 R11 update

Andrew Rossmann

Feb 25, 2017, 9:07:33 AM2/25/17
Went to start Quicken, and it popped up saying it tried to update but
failed. I had 2016 R10. I checked and did a forced one-step update, and
that properly downloaded and updated to R11.

Quicken 2016 Release 11 Release Notes (February 2017)
Important upgrade for Online Bills

Upgrade: The Quicken Online bills service has been upgraded to
provide a higher quality of service and security. Quicken now supports
8000+ billers and we will continue to add new billers. To complete this
upgrade, you may be prompted to re-login to some of your biller
accounts.

Data File password

IMPROVED: Introducing the ability to remove forgotten password from
a data file by answering security questions, without having to upload
the file to a server.

Patching

REVAMPED: A modern, self-service patching infrastructure which
reduces download duration and reduces the frequency of patching errors.

Authentication

REVAMPED: A new authentication service from Quicken.

Tax Planner

Fixed: An issue in Tax Planner where 'Capital gains distributions'
were double counted - Once in 'Detail' and again in the 'Total'.
Fixed: An issue in Tax Planner where scheduled State tax quarterly
estimated payments made in the following year were included in this
year's tax planner deduction.
Fixed: An issue in Tax Planner where Long Term Capital Gains tax
bracket threshold.
Fixed: An issue in Tax Planner where AMT (Alternate Minimum Tax)
Long Term Capital Gains were incorrectly taxed as regular AMT income.
Fixed: An issue in Tax Planner where AMT excluded deductions were
incorrectly incorporating a 2.5% add-on to the medical and dental
expense.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross

Arnie Goetchius

Feb 25, 2017, 11:35:50 AM2/25/17
Andrew Rossmann wrote:
> Went to start Quicken, and it popped up saying it tried to update but
> failed. I had 2016 R10. I checked and did a forced one-step update, and
> that properly downloaded and updated to R11.

I had a similar fail situation on my laptop but no problem with the copy
installed on my desktop. With the laptop, going to Tax Planner gets me nothing
but blank pages (Works fine on the desktop). In the laptop, at the top of each
page is the subject and at bottom of each page is a <back> and <next> but
nothing in the body of the page, it as ll blank. I will restore the laptop to 5
days ago and then try a new update to see if that fixes it. What a PITA.

Sherlock

Feb 25, 2017, 2:28:04 PM2/25/17
It appears this update also removes Quicken 2016's ability to "Delete your Cloud data".

Sherlock

Feb 26, 2017, 7:14:09 PM2/26/17
On Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 11:28:04 AM UTC-8, Sherlock wrote:

> It appears this update also removes Quicken 2016's ability to "Delete your Cloud data".

I suspect "Sign in as different User" using the original Intuit ID and choosing "Don't use mobile" may be equivalent to the "Delete your Cloud data" available in the earlier release.

Sherlock

Feb 28, 2017, 3:39:46 AM2/28/17
It turns out "Sign in as different User" using the original Intuit ID and choosing "Don't use mobile" is not equivalent to the "Delete your Cloud data" available in the earlier release.

If you think you don't have any data synced to the Quicken Cloud, you may want to confirm by authenticating using the Mobile app. Unfortunately, Quicken does not allow us to delete our sync'd data sets from within Quicken or the Mobile app. I presently have access to 13 bogus "data files" (only two unique file names) synced to the Quicken cloud for one Intuit ID.

Arnie Goetchius

Feb 28, 2017, 10:54:51 AM2/28/17
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
> Andrew Rossmann wrote:
>> Went to start Quicken, and it popped up saying it tried to update but
>> failed. I had 2016 R10. I checked and did a forced one-step update, and
>> that properly downloaded and updated to R11.
>
> I had a similar fail situation on my laptop but no problem with the copy
> installed on my desktop. With the laptop, going to Tax Planner gets me nothing
> but blank pages (Works fine on the desktop). In the laptop, at the top of each
> page is the subject and at bottom of each page is a <back> and <next> but
> nothing in the body of the page, it as ll blank. I will restore the laptop to 5

Bottom line: I uninstalled Q 2016 (Windows 10). I then re-installed from the Q
2016 disc and it did all the updates. Restored my data file and everything is
now up-to-date.
====snipped====

tra...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2017, 2:35:23 PM2/28/17
This Upgrade locked me out of My account. Asks for Intuit pass word which I didn't have and I gave my email it sent mail to change password. It will not the changed password. I have another computer which I did not allow the upgrade which works fine.

tra...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2017, 2:40:58 PM2/28/17
Should read will not accept the new password. Cant get into my Quicken delux acct on Updated Quicken.

Sherlock

Mar 9, 2017, 5:13:03 PM3/9/17
As of R 11, if you would like to "Delete your Cloud data", contact Quicken Support. It only took 5 attempts and just over a week but, I've been told that Support is now up to speed on the process.