Cannon PIXMA MP470 Error 5100

Ron

Feb 11, 2008, 6:03:17 PM2/11/08
We just installed this printer new, and on the first page there was a paper
misfeed, because the guide in the feeder bin wasn't set properly. So I
turned it off, pulled out the paper, cancelled the print job on the
computer, turned the printer back on. Got the subject error, and cannot
clear it by turning the printer off. Can't get the ink cartridges to settle
in the installation positions either. The troubleshooting guide leads to
suggestion that the printer needs service! I'm hoping someone here knows a
simple way I can reset it.

Thx for any help.

Ron

Feb 11, 2008, 6:19:19 PM2/11/08
Problem solved after talking to tech support. I didn't realize it's ok to
move the cartridge holders manually while power is off. Did that in order
to reseat the cartridges and all is well.

BigJim

Feb 16, 2008, 4:39:34 AM2/16/08
good printer I use the same one.
glade you go it fixed