Google Групи вече не поддържа нови публикации или абонаменти в Usenet. Съдържанието за минали периоди остава видимо.

Asus P2B rev. 1.02 overclock

34 показвания
Преминаване към първото непрочетено съобщение

Piero Bevilacqua

непрочетено,
14.07.2000 г., 3:00:0014.07.00 г.
до
I need to know what is the fastest processor that I can install in p2b
rev.1.02 motherboard. I have flashed 1012 bios.
What is best overclock at 100/133 mhz?

Glenn

непрочетено,
15.07.2000 г., 3:00:0015.07.00 г.
до
I am running a 700E/100 FC-PGA at 112mhz with no problem.
No need to set jumpers anymore.
133mhz CPU will not work. 133mhz ram is ok.

Glenn

"Piero Bevilacqua" <t...@technoworkshop.it> wrote in message

s...@west.com

непрочетено,
16.07.2000 г., 3:00:0016.07.00 г.
до
On Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:52:45 +0200, Piero Bevilacqua <t...@technoworkshop.it>
wrote:

>I need to know what is the fastest processor that I can install in p2b
>rev.1.02 motherboard. I have flashed 1012 bios.
>What is best overclock at 100/133 mhz?

Here's some good background information on FC-PGA coppermines on BX boards.
lots of it geared towards overclocking at 133mhz fsb.

Note that on a P2B motherboard with revision level less than 1.12, the on
board voltage regulator can only go down to 1.8 volts. A FC-PGA coppermine
will boot and run at this voltage, but it is technically an overvoltage
condition. On the other hand, although a 500e is spec'd at 1.6volts, Intel
runs it's 1 gig coppermine (same core) at 1.7volts.

there are three generations of slot 1 to socket adapter cards:

first generation were for Celerons only.
Iwill slocket
various others

second generation support both FC-PGA and celerons.
Asus S370-133
Iwill Slocket II
Gigabyte GA6R7 Pro
MSI MS6905 Master
Soltek SL-02A++

third generation will have on card voltage regulators. slocket III
as far as I know, the third gen cards aren't available yet.
(As time goes by, it seems they may never be available.)
Iwill Slocket III
Soltek SL-02D
http://www.soltek.com.tw/English/products/02d.htm
latest is this card will not be manufactured.
http://www.ctechnet.com/hardware/asus.htm
scroll down page to 4-17-00 for Soltek story.

User Survey Chart of Asus P2B-xx motherboards with coppermine support.
http://www.ctechnet.com/hardware/asus.htm#10100

alternate URL if above changes:
http://www.ctechnet.com/hardware/asus.htm
scroll down page until you see the yellow chart.

Note: see Celeron/P2B-xx chart on same page.

Anand's page on running 133mhz on the Asus P2B motherboard.
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=34

Anand's guide to overclocking the FC-PGA Coppermine
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1103

Anand's guide to overclocking the new Celerons
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1227

Tom's guide to PIII overclocking performance
http://www7.tomshardware.com/cpu/00q2/000511/index.html

Tom's comparing the BX chipset at 133mhz to the newer chipsets.
http://www7.tomshardware.com/mainboard/00q1/000308/index.html

Anand's Roundup of 440BX 133Mhz Motherboards
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1250

Tom's info on agp cards running at 89mhz with 133mhz FSB settings.
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/00q1/000321/index.html

Anand's info on agp cards running at 133mhz and higher.
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1270

An interesting performance comparison chart from Tom's 150mhz Project Part2
http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/00q2/000503/155mhzbus-05.html

info on FC-PGA to Slot One converter cards, three reviewed.
http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/slocketii/

Anand's review of the IWILL Slocket II converter card.
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1140

Review of Asus S370-133 Slocket card

SharkyExtreme review of the 500e/550e coppermines
http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/reviews/cpu/intel_flipchip/

article on FC-PGA Coppermine 500e
http://www.ixbt-labs.com/cpu/intel-fcpga.html

Anand's review of PC133 ram
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1213

special concerns with micron memory at 133mhz ??
http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/memory/micron/mt_pc133/micron_pc133_test2.htm

some nice pix of an overclocked BX chipset cooler and various tips.
http://bxboards.com/pc133/p133-8.shtml

Case Cooling Fun (great stuff and pix)
http://www.pyramid19.com/vh/index.htm

Preview of Agilent ArtiCooler heatsink/fan for FC-PGA
http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/cooling/arctic_ca/index.html

industrial strength cooling ;)
www.swiftnets.com

Joe

непрочетено,
18.07.2000 г., 3:00:0018.07.00 г.
до
Are you using rev 1.02 P2B? What slocket are you using? Are you using PC100
ram or PC133? At 1.8v does the Coppermine get too hot? I'm planning to do the
same with my good old trusted PB2 rev1.02 as well.

Joe

In article <B5Qb5.4732$dT5.1...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "Glenn"

<gl...@inter.net> wrote:
>I am running a 700E/100 FC-PGA at 112mhz with no problem.
>No need to set jumpers anymore.
>133mhz CPU will not work. 133mhz ram is ok.
>
>Glenn
>
>"Piero Bevilacqua" <t...@technoworkshop.it> wrote in message

Piero Bevilacqua

непрочетено,
18.07.2000 г., 3:00:0018.07.00 г.
до
I have two Pc, one with a PII 333/412 with 128 Mb Ram Pc66 Ecc, and one with a
PII 333/412 with 256 Ram Pc100.
I tested the first one at 133 Mhz x3 ( 400 Mhz) and it go fine.
Now I want to upgrade them with a PIII/133 Fc-pga, but I have read that PIII
550/100 go fine at 133, but PIII600/100 go fine at 124 MHz.
Is true? and how I can configure switches for 124 Mhz?
Thanks.

Piero

A.Estrada

непрочетено,
20.07.2000 г., 3:00:0020.07.00 г.
до
I´ve heard in some sites that 50 FSB selection is really 124 FSB. But I
don´t know what PCI and AGP divisor uses the mobo at that FSB, I
suppose 1/3 and 2/3.
But, you can tell us how do you get 133 FSB in P2B mobo?
what jumper setting?
what pci and agp divisor you have?
TIA

--
******My valid e-mail: aest...@sefh.es******

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Piero Bevilacqua

непрочетено,
20.07.2000 г., 3:00:0020.07.00 г.
до
133 FSB setting is 2-3 1-2 1-2 with 1/4 divisor.
These the articles:
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=34
http://www.anandtech.com/showdoc.html?i=1270&p=1

There was an another, but I don't remember the address. :-(

Piero

A.Estrada

непрочетено,
21.07.2000 г., 3:00:0021.07.00 г.
до
A little question more, what clock generator has your mobo. Mine is an
ICS 9150-08 with 8 clock selection: 50-66-75-83-100-103-112-133, my
mobo is a P2B-D PCB rev.104 made 06/01/98.

Piero Bevilacqua

непрочетено,
21.07.2000 г., 3:00:0021.07.00 г.
до
How I can know what clock generator I have in my mobo?

Piero

KewlGuy

непрочетено,
31.07.2000 г., 3:00:0031.07.00 г.
до
I would like to know this same information if you find out if this
works or not. I just ordered a Asus S370-133 slocket card.

Sincerely,
Scott

0 нови съобщения