IP43 support

Dumbo

Feb 28, 2009, 2:37:28 PM2/28/09
I have got an IP43 board and this morning I built it with a Coolermaster
Aquagate mini and 2GB of Corsair DDR2 PC6400 XMS2 ram but when I attached my
850W alphaCool PSU and tried to switch it on the red LED came on ok but
refuses to go off. The PC refuses to beep or POST and without a manual I am
at a lose to know what to do. I will try the clear CMOS another time and
this time I will remove the battery but I am at a loss to explain why it
wont POST.
How do I connect to the CPU fan output when my cooler only needs 3 pins.
The cooler spins up but the fan on the radiator doesn't could this be part
of the problem. There are three graphics cards for me to choose between but
the optical and HDDs aren't connected to enable the board to POST safely.

I hope you can help.

Robin

b...@hotspam.com

Mar 1, 2009, 10:34:52 AM3/1/09
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 19:37:28 -0000, "Dumbo" <rob...@gotadsl.co.uk>
wrote:

Robin,

I have the AW9D-MAX board and it would not POST until I went into the
BIOS and adjusted the correct timing for my RAM which is the same
Corsair that you have. Of course you may have a diiferent problem.

I don't know why you don't have a manual. I looked on abit's website
but I didn't see one listed there for the IP43 you could download and
abit is going out of business so there won't ever be one.

You should be able to plug your 3 pin fan into the 4 pin socket
without any problems. I've done it before. The 4th pin is for RPM
monitoring but the fan will still works fine.

I hope this helps and let us know if you get it going.

Bg

b...@hotspam.com

Mar 1, 2009, 1:19:20 PM3/1/09
On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 09:34:52 -0600, b...@hotspam.com wrote:

Also the RAM voltage

Dumbo

Mar 1, 2009, 3:35:44 PM3/1/09
My problem is the LED above the switching block is lit red and only the fan
on the radiator and the pump on the Aquagate seem to come on. The first LED
remains red but the green LED beside the RESET1 printing on the motherboard
comes and nothing else happens. There are no errors or beeps to warn me
what might be wrong. I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I may have
to RMA it.

There's no way of getting into the BIOS to adjust the RAM settings as it
just doesn't POST at all and I cant see any jumpers or whatever for setting
these timings. It may mean ripping this PC apart to try the CPU and RAM in
it, although the RAM originally came from this one anyway.

Thanks for your assistance.

Robin

Eeyore

Mar 12, 2009, 2:07:23 AM3/12/09

Dumbo wrote:

> I have got an IP43 board and this morning I built it with a Coolermaster
> Aquagate mini and 2GB of Corsair DDR2 PC6400 XMS2 ram but when I attached my
> 850W alphaCool PSU and tried to switch it on the red LED came on ok but
> refuses to go off.

Faulty PSU ?

Graham

Chris

Mar 14, 2009, 8:26:17 AM3/14/09
to Dumbo
Dumbo a écrit :

Hi,

I had a similar problem with an IP43 and 2x2GB of Kingston DDR2 PC6400
CL5 (KVR800D2N5K2/4G).

I put these in slots 1 and 3 as the IP43 manual suggests for dual-channel.
However the system would neither POST nor even beep.
The CPU fan flicked for a fraction of a second and then stopped.

After many trials and much worrying I found that the system worked with
just one stick in slot 1 and it is now running stably with the sticks in
slots 1 and 2. However it has never worked in slots 1 and 3.

I note that the Kingston site lists the PC5300 version of this RAM as
compatible with the IP43 but not the PC6400.

Maybe the board or the chipset has a problem with PC6400 RAM in
dual-channel.

I have also had problems with the on-board Gigabit Ethernet of the IP43:

With Kubuntu 8.10 it comes up with an all zero MAC address.
I have to patch the MAC address dynamically in an init script for it to
work.

I cannot get it to work at all under Windows 7 beta.

Does anybody know where the MAC address is stored and how to set it
permanently?

Cheers,
Chris

Chris

Apr 4, 2009, 6:28:40 PM4/4/09

Replying to my own post:

Chris a écrit :

> I have also had problems with the on-board Gigabit Ethernet of the IP43:
>
> With Kubuntu 8.10 it comes up with an all zero MAC address.
> I have to patch the MAC address dynamically in an init script for it to
> work.
>
> I cannot get it to work at all under Windows 7 beta.

Under Windows 7 beta the MAC address also seems to come up as all zeros.

(Incidentally under Linux I have since seen it come up occasionally with
other silly but workable MAC addresses with 6 identical bytes e.g.
FC:FC:FC:FC:FC:FC.)

Even after forcing the MAC address, the initial Windows 7 beta driver
and the two updates I received (6.208.729.2008 and 6.210.1003.2008) all
give the error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

In desperation I tried the 6.218.317.2009 Windows Vista driver from the
Realtek site:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
This driver works if the MAC address is forced in the device manager :)

Does anybody know whether the MAC address is stored in an NVRAM or an
EEPROM and how to set it permanently?

Cheers,
Chris

Robin Gordon

Aug 29, 2009, 6:54:02 AM8/29/09
I rma'd board and they said it worked and even returned it with a photo. I
copied their installation and it worked. Later I expanded and used all the
memory slots and they worked so all's well. Overclocks my Q6600 like fun
but cant overclock the memory.
Ah well cant win them all.

Robin