501 Permission denied.

Chris Snow

Mar 14, 2003, 8:24:26 AM3/14/03
Hi all.

Got a bit of a snag getting the server working for me. I get:

ftp> put testfile
227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,3,11,168)
501 Permission denied.

Guess it's to do with permission setup but I can't crack it. I've
trawled this group and tried a few things but to no avail! Any help
much appreciated.

I'm logging in with user root, here are the reports:

User access privs:

User Group Class S U G C D =
--------------- --------------- --------------- - - - - - -
anonymous ftp Sysadmin Y Y Y
root ftp Sysadmin Y Y Y

User home and root dir:

User Group Class Root dir.
Home dir.
--------------- --------------- --------------- --------------------
--------------------
anonymous ftp Sysadmin \
\
root ftp Sysadmin \
\

USERS AND THEIR ASSIGNED PATHS

anonymous
[Default] c:\program files\War-ftpd : *** INACTIVE
(Unresolved by VfSys)
[Class ] \ : Create Delete
Execute List Read Remove Write + Applies for subdirs.
[User ] [default permissions] : Create Delete
Execute List Read Remove Write

root
[User ] c:\ : *** INACTIVE
(Unresolved by VfSys)
[Default] c:\program files\War-ftpd : *** INACTIVE
(Unresolved by VfSys)
[User ] \ : Create Delete
Execute List Read Remove Write + Applies for subdirs.
[User ] [default permissions] : Create Delete
Execute List Read Remove Write

Chris Snow

Mar 15, 2003, 12:44:06 PM3/15/03
ch...@thesnows.info (Chris Snow) wrote in message news:<766cc1d4.03031...@posting.google.com>...

> Hi all.
>
> Got a bit of a snag getting the server working for me.

Got it sorted now after a prolonged spot of RTFM (and a fresh install)

Smart bit of software, very handy.