DVD Flick error

gavin

Sep 9, 2008, 5:39:54 AM9/9/08
I've installed the latest version of DVD Flick and am now getting this error
whenever I try and add a title (avi file):

Error 70 from dvdflick: Permission denied

Has anyone else experienced this or know a fix? I've Googled but couldn't
find anything helpful.

bay...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2008, 6:33:55 AM9/9/08
On Sep 9, 5:39 am, "gavin" <thesli...@cosmicdancer.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

I got this w/ the old version a couple times, but when I clicked the
file to be added a second time, it went in the list OK. I burned a
disc yesterday w/ v.1.3.0.0 & didnt notice this problem, but there may
not have been any avi's involved. I did notice it allowed a divx file
that the older version didnt recognize just a week or so ago; still no
to rm's though.

CoMa

Sep 9, 2008, 7:00:27 AM9/9/08

Do you run DVD Flick i Windows Vista ?

----------
Sometimes people have had success if they disabled desktop indexing
software (e.g. Vista indexing or Google desktop), or the Vista sidebar, or
even anti-virus.
----------

--

Regards
CoMa

http://hubbabub.deviantart.com/

gavin

Sep 9, 2008, 3:49:32 PM9/9/08

"CoMa" <hubbab...@algonet.se> wrote in message

> On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 09:39:54 GMT, "gavin"
> <thes...@cosmicdancer.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I've installed the latest version of DVD Flick and am now getting this
>>error
>>whenever I try and add a title (avi file):
>>
>>Error 70 from dvdflick: Permission denied
>>
>>Has anyone else experienced this or know a fix? I've Googled but couldn't
>>find anything helpful.
>>

> Do you run DVD Flick i Windows Vista ?

No, I'm using XP. I didn't have any problems with the previous version. It's
really annoying as I (used to) like DVD Flick a lot.

gavin

Sep 9, 2008, 3:50:39 PM9/9/08

"bayn...@yahoo.com" <bay...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I had no problems with the previous version - strange behaviour!

bay...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2008, 12:03:44 PM9/12/08
On Sep 9, 5:39 am, "gavin" <thesli...@cosmicdancer.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

I have tried three projects & two have hung badly & had to be aborted.
I think this release needed more Beta testing. For prior versions see
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvd_flick.cfm/v1_2_1_4

gavin

Sep 12, 2008, 1:57:16 PM9/12/08

"bayn...@yahoo.com" <bay...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I did uninstall the newest version and reinstall an earlier version - but I
am still getting errors. In the past that earlier version worked fine for
me.

bay...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2008, 3:38:35 PM9/12/08
On Sep 12, 1:57 pm, "gavin" <thesli...@cosmicdancer.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:
> "bayno...@yahoo.com" <bayn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Sep 9, 5:39 am, "gavin" <thesli...@cosmicdancer.freeserve.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > I've installed the latest version of DVD Flick and am now getting this
> > error
> > whenever I try and add a title (avi file):
>
> > Error 70 from dvdflick: Permission denied
>
> > Has anyone else experienced this or know a fix? I've Googled but couldn't
> > find anything helpful.
>
> I have tried three projects & two have hung badly & had to be aborted.
> I think this release needed more Beta testing. For prior versions seehttp://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_tools/dvd_flick....

> I did uninstall the newest version and reinstall an earlier version - but I
> am still getting errors. In the past that earlier version worked fine for
> me.

Did you use Revo on the uninstall by any chance??

gavin

Sep 13, 2008, 4:57:19 AM9/13/08

"bayn...@yahoo.com" <bay...@gmail.com> wrote in message

No, I used the uninstaller that comes with DVD Flick

bay...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2008, 8:55:31 AM9/13/08
On Sep 13, 4:57 am, "gavin" <thesli...@cosmicdancer.freeserve.co.uk>

You may have some registry detritus that is gumming up the works then.
Revo uses the app's uninstaller but adds clean-up.

s|b

Sep 13, 2008, 9:30:54 AM9/13/08
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:03:44 -0700 (PDT), bayn...@yahoo.com wrote:

> I have tried three projects & two have hung badly & had to be aborted.
> I think this release needed more Beta testing.

Made a project today. Not a problem. Using WinXP SP3, DVD Flick 1.3.0.0.

--
s|b

bay...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2008, 1:01:59 PM9/13/08
On Sep 13, 9:30 am, "s|b" <priv...@usenet4all.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:03:44 -0700 (PDT), bayno...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I have tried three projects & two have hung badly & had to be aborted.
> > I think this release needed more Beta testing.
>
> Made a project today. Not a problem. Using WinXP SP3, DVD Flick 1.3.0.0.
>
> --
> s|b

My project yesterday worked fine w/ the new version! XP SP2.

daveol...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015, 6:33:22 PM10/11/15
I have experienced the Permission Denied error on random occasions. I also get the Error 53 on other occasions. There really is no rhyme or reason to when it happens. I am pretty sure it is a bug. I am using DVD Flick v1.3.0.7. I tried using v1.3.0.9, but it was horribly slow, so I went back to v1.3.0.7. Note that I am on Windows 7 SP1.

In addition to this frustration, I have had 1 other problem: When I add a bunch of video clips to a single title, it will look like it works fine, but the VOB files created are smaller than they should be because not all clips are actually being included.

My solution to all of these problems has been to use DVD Flick on my old Windows XP computer. I have had zero errors on XP. I know that's not an option for many, but my experience with DVD Flick on Windows 7 has just been too frustrating.

Shadow

Oct 11, 2015, 6:53:03 PM10/11/15
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:33:16 -0700 (PDT), daveol...@gmail.com
wrote:
There are so many newer programs, with updated codecs these
days. The message you replied to was 7 years old, and the version you
are using, 6 years old.
Maybe it's time to search for something more modern. Video
converting has progressed a lot, not so with Windows versions, which
have become less secure and less efficient. So carry on with that Win
XP.
Try DVDStyler

http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/

When you move on to Linux, you won't have a learning curve.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012