chrome won't print

badgolferman

Apr 1, 2011, 7:30:23 AM4/1/11
Google Chrome will not print these Flash-enabled crossword puzzles from
the MSNBC website. I have to print them through IE Tab. I have
disabled all extensions and it still won't print although it will print
regular pages. Can someone who uses Chrome see if they can print a
blank puzzle before I go blaming Chrome for this? SRWare Iron can
print it though.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20044245/ns/entertainment-comics_games_news_of_the_weird/?cat=fcx

Bear Bottoms

Apr 1, 2011, 8:02:28 AM4/1/11
"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote in

> http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20044245/ns/entertainment-comics_games_ne
> ws_of_the_weird/?cat=fcx

It printed fine for me.

--
Bear Bottoms
Owner http://bearware.info

Ron May

Apr 1, 2011, 8:40:15 AM4/1/11

The above link prints okay for me from Chrome to my wireless network
printer (Canon Pixma MP560), but gives me "access denied" when I try to
print to .PDF and save. (It rendered a single page, but the filesize was
like 113MB!!!!)

--
Ron M.
Ubuntu User #33236 (10.10)

badgolferman

Apr 1, 2011, 8:45:29 AM4/1/11
Bear Bottoms wrote:

>>_ne ws_of_the_weird/?cat=fcx

>It printed fine for me.

I thought maybe AdBlock extension was interfering with it since the
puzzle itself is a Flash object, but I even uninstalled AdBlock and
continue to have problems.

Did you actually print a whole page of the puzzle by using the
Print>Blank Puzzle menu item or did you just print the webpage from
Chrome's menu?

Craig

Apr 1, 2011, 11:24:13 AM4/1/11
On 04/01/2011 04:30 AM, badgolferman wrote:
> Google Chrome will not print these Flash-enabled crossword puzzles from
> the MSNBC website....
> http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20044245/ns/entertainment-comics_games_news_of_the_weird/?cat=fcx

Not sure this'll help but my system has the same issue: Ubuntu 10.04LTS,
Iron 10 & wired printer. It looks like a huge file is being created (>
120MB) such that the job finally times out.

--
-Craig
http://pricelesswarehome.org/

badgolferman

Apr 1, 2011, 11:46:25 AM4/1/11
Craig wrote:

Craig,

Are you printing from the puzzle's menu or the browser's menu?

Iron is printing the file for me but Chrome won't.

I have disabled all extensions and I have installed the identical
extensions onto Iron as I have on Chrome but no joy.

Craig

Apr 1, 2011, 12:20:17 PM4/1/11
On 04/01/2011 08:46 AM, badgolferman wrote:
> Craig wrote:
>
>> On 04/01/2011 04:30 AM, badgolferman wrote:
>>> Google Chrome will not print these Flash-enabled crossword puzzles
>> >from the MSNBC website....
>>> http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20044245/ns/entertainment-comics_games_news_of_the_weird/?cat=fcx
>>
>> Not sure this'll help but my system has the same issue: Ubuntu
>> 10.04LTS, Iron 10& wired printer. It looks like a huge file is

>> being created (> 120MB) such that the job finally times out.
>
> Craig,
>
> Are you printing from the puzzle's menu or the browser's menu?

Puzzle's menu.

> Iron is printing the file for me but Chrome won't.

Too funneh.

> I have disabled all extensions and I have installed the identical
> extensions onto Iron as I have on Chrome but no joy.

I prolly won't be doing any further tests on this. G'luck! Obtw, any
compelling reason to use Chrome over Iron?

tia,
--
-Craig
http://pricelesswarehome.org/

badgolferman

Apr 1, 2011, 1:03:15 PM4/1/11
Craig wrote:

>Obtw, any compelling reason to use Chrome over Iron?

At this moment I am using the portable version of Iron on a Windows 7
64-bit machine. Launching the application invokes a run application
security warning each time, apparently since it's not installed. I may
continue to use as is or install it later, but that is why I am using
Chrome.

If someone can inform me how to stop Windows 7 from putting up the
security window that would be appreciated. I'd prefer to keep the
portable version.

Pooh the Cat

Apr 1, 2011, 1:06:53 PM4/1/11
In article <xn0hccll...@reader.albasani.net>, REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com says...

Right click > Properties > Security > Unblock

Is that what you are on about?

--
Pooh the cat
Internet Terrorist, Mass Sock puppeteer, Agent provocateur

Pooh the Cat

Apr 1, 2011, 1:08:44 PM4/1/11
In article <MPG.2800168b...@news.eternal-september.org>, super...@IPaddress.invalid says...

> Right click > Properties > Security > Unblock

That's Security on the General Tab.

Bear Bottoms

Apr 1, 2011, 1:17:54 PM4/1/11
"badgolferman" <REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com> wrote in

I printed Print>Blank Puzzle menu item and got the blank crossword
puzzle with all of the hints.

badgolferman

Apr 1, 2011, 1:19:21 PM4/1/11
Pooh the Cat wrote:

>In article <MPG.2800168b...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>super...@IPaddress.invalid says...
>
>> Right click > Properties > Security > Unblock
>

>That's Security on the General Tab.

There is no Unblock option, neither on the shortcut nor on the
application.

Pooh the Cat

Apr 1, 2011, 2:12:14 PM4/1/11
In article <xn0hccm0...@reader.albasani.net>, REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com says...

The security warning has a tick box 'Always ask before opening this file'?

Sounds like you haven't got that either. Yes/No? If not, maybe you have turned it off somehow.

Win 7 config utility perhaps?

Goggle this. 'Always ask before opening this file'. You should see what it looks like.

badgolferman

Apr 4, 2011, 10:06:03 AM4/4/11
Pooh the Cat wrote:

>In article <xn0hccm0...@reader.albasani.net>,
>REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com says...
>>
>> Pooh the Cat wrote:
>>
>> >In article <MPG.2800168b...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> >super...@IPaddress.invalid says...

>> >That's Security on the General Tab.
>>
>> There is no Unblock option, neither on the shortcut nor on the
>> application.
>
>The security warning has a tick box 'Always ask before opening this
>file'?
>
>Sounds like you haven't got that either. Yes/No? If not, maybe you
>have turned it off somehow.
>
>Win 7 config utility perhaps?
>
>Goggle this. 'Always ask before opening this file'. You should see
>what it looks like.

This is what finally worked:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winvista/1151260847

Pooh the Cat

Apr 4, 2011, 10:37:44 AM4/4/11
In article <xn0hcgon...@reader.albasani.net>, REMOVETHISb...@gmail.com says...

Ah! right, I know what you are talking about now. Didn't know you could turn it off.

I have a strange one myself now. Just one directory, that won't allow me to unzip when
in a dialog box. Don't ya just luv windows.

vicbo...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2018, 7:28:09 PM10/21/18
Not a solution I am afraid merely another sufferer. Canon 6600 series prints in Windows 10 on Opera and Edge but does not even acknowledge Chrome despite it being listed in Chrome settings as the printer!

BurfordTJustice

Oct 22, 2018, 7:04:27 AM10/22/18
Ring up the Google.

<vicbo...@gmail.com> wrote in message