Windows System Control Center

Pooh the cat

Nov 7, 2009, 7:21:01 PM11/7/09

http://www.kls-soft.com/wscc/index.php

C/P

WSCC is a free, portable program that allows you to install, update,
execute and organize the utilities from various system utility suites.
WSCC is only an interface, you need to download and install the
utilities separately. Alternatively, WSCC can use the http protocol to
download and run the programs.

The included Update Manager can check for newer versions of the
utilities already installed and can download and install the missing
items.

The setup packages are downloaded from the author's website!

WSCC uses the included WSCC Console to execute command line
applications.

WSCC is portable, installation is not required. Extract the content of
the downloaded zip archive to any directory on your computer.

end C?P

Loads of fun for techs. The wording is a bit confusing. It downloads all
this stuff for you and links it to the GUI, so it's easy to browse and
test all these utilities.

--
Pooh

Franklin John Stubbins

Nov 7, 2009, 7:58:06 PM11/7/09

"Pooh the cat" wrote:
>Loads of fun ...blah blah blah.

Hey, what are you doing posting in one of my spare sock names?
Get your own, dickhead.

das...@sbcglobal.net

Dec 19, 2009, 4:33:52 PM12/19/09
Beware, this appears to be the new malware that holds your computer hostage
by blocking your access to the PC, disabling the F8 safe mode option, and
disabling the task manager. The only way to clear it up is with a recovery
boot disk and a malware program.

Don't fall for it!

Guillaume Le Stubb

Dec 19, 2009, 5:12:26 PM12/19/09

Does it synthesise anthrax, and blow your balls up as well...

--
Pooh kat

Ron

Dec 19, 2009, 7:23:12 PM12/19/09

Not sure what the OP had a problem with, since he didn't actually
describe his difficulty. WSCC is freeware, comes in a portable version,
and seems to be a front end for Nirsoft Utilities and Sysinternals
Suite. I ran into it a couple of months ago, but haven't tried it out.
http://www.kls-soft.com/wscc/index.php

Review from Martin at ghacks.net
http://www.ghacks.net/2008/10/31/windows-system-control-center/

Seems to be plenty of information about this one, mostly pretty positive
from what I can see. Ymmv.

hth

Ron Moore

Guillaume Le Stubb

Dec 19, 2009, 7:27:23 PM12/19/09

Yep, it's just a front end for Nirsoft and Sysinternals Utilities, as Pooh
said.

It's probably just hummingbird. He likes to queer anything posted by Pooh.

--
Le Stubb

JP Loken

Dec 22, 2009, 6:04:27 PM12/22/09

Nonsense!
I've used it for several months. I haven't experienced any problems.
There must be other reasons for your problems.

--
JP Loken
Sent with Opera's e-mail program: http://www.opera.com/mail/