Hiren’s BootCD 14.0 Free Download

pupuweb Blog

May 30, 2011, 10:35:26 AM5/30/11
Hiren’s BootCD 14.0 (HBCD) is free bootable CD contains series of
softwares use to analyz, recover and fix computer when operating
system not able to boot up. The softwares in HBCD divided into
categories including antivirus, backup, BIOS/CMOS, browser, file
manager, cleaner, editors, file viewers, filesystems, hard disk, MBR,
MSDOS, network, optimizers and others.

With changes from version 13.2 to 14.0, HBCD folders have restructured
and more utility software added into to strengthen it functionality
including:
- Dialupass 3.16: Find and extract Username, Password, and Domain of
DialUp/RAS/VPN networking in Windows.
- Image For Windows 2.62a: Backup and restore utility that creates a
snapshot of a selected partition or volume, and saves it to disk, or
burns it directly to most DVD+RW+R-R-RW or CD-R/RW drives.
- Parted Magic 6.1: Linux based rescue environment to manage
partitions, backup and recovery such as GParted, Parted, Partition
Image, TestDisk, Partimage, Truecrypt, Clonezilla, G4L, Firefox,
ClamAV, GSmartControl, SimpleBurn, dd, ddrescue, with supported
following file systems: btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, fat16, fat32, hfs, hfs
+, jfs, linux-swap, ntfs, reiserfs, reiser4, and xfs.
- WebBrowserPassView 1.11: View user names and passwords stored by
Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome and Internet explorer Web
browsers.

WinKeyfinder has removed from HBCD 14.0 and following softwares have
been updated:
- Autologon 3.01
- Autoruns 10.07
- Calcute 11.5.15
- Don’t Sleep 2.31
- Dos
- GRUB4DOS 2011-04-23
- isolinux/memdisk 4.04
- MiniXp
- Offline NT Password 2011-05-11
- PhotoRec 6.12
- Process Explorer 14.12
- Process Monitor 2.95
- SumatraPDF 1.1
- System Explorer 2.8.1
- TCPView 3.04
- TestDisk 6.12

Check out the full content if Hiren’ BootCD 14.0 at here and if you
like to have old version of Hiren’ BootCD then you can find from
Hiren’ BootCD all version page [http://www.hirensbootcd.org/hbcd-
v140/].

Regards,
Alex Lim
http://www.pupuweb.com/blog/hirens-bootcd-14-0-free-download/

~BD~

May 30, 2011, 11:31:00 AM5/30/11
pupuweb Blog wrote:
> Hiren’s BootCD 14.0 (HBCD) is free bootable CD contains series of
> softwares use to analyz, recover and fix computer when operating
> system not able to boot up. The softwares in HBCD divided into
> categories including antivirus, backup, BIOS/CMOS, browser, file
> manager, cleaner, editors, file viewers, filesystems, hard disk, MBR,
> MSDOS, network, optimizers and others.
[....]

Thank you for that, Alex!

With a view to assisting a friend, I've downloaded the Zip file and
opened same.

I now have an ISO Disk Image file which I'm fairly sure I can burn to a CD.

If I do this, and my friend places same in his computer with a view to
booting from the disk, will it simply 'work' and give him access to the
tools?

I have a vague notion that another step is required! Advice on this
matter will be much appreciated.

~BD~

May 31, 2011, 1:52:33 AM5/31/11

Is *anyone* here able to advise?

TIA

Dave

UnsteadyKen

May 31, 2011, 5:32:42 AM5/31/11

~BD~ wrote...

> > I have a vague notion that another step is required! Advice on this
> > matter will be much appreciated.
>
> Is *anyone* here able to advise?

Just tried it.

Burned the ISO to CD, booted from the CD and all tools were available
and worked as they should, no other steps needed as far as I can see.

--
Ken O'Meara
http://www.btinternet.com/~unsteadyken/

UnsteadyKen

May 31, 2011, 5:36:00 AM5/31/11

UnsteadyKen wrote...

> Just tried it.

Forgot to mention that I downloaded from

http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Dave Doe

May 31, 2011, 5:39:00 AM5/31/11
In article <SMedna64HPW8H3nQ...@bt.com>,
~BD~@nomail.afraid.com, ~BD~ says...

> ~BD~ wrote:
> > pupuweb Blog wrote:
> >> Hiren?s BootCD 14.0 (HBCD) is free bootable CD contains series of

Yes, that's what it will do! :)

PS: on the Hiren's page he refers to XPBurner? - a better free burning
program is ImgBurn.

--
Duncan.

sh@dow

May 31, 2011, 9:30:57 AM5/31/11
On Mon, 30 May 2011 16:31:00 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

> pupuweb Blog wrote:
>> Hiren’s BootCD 14.0 (HBCD) is free bootable CD contains series of
>> softwares use to analyz, recover and fix computer when operating system
>> not able to boot up. The softwares in HBCD divided into categories
>> including antivirus, backup, BIOS/CMOS, browser, file manager, cleaner,
>> editors, file viewers, filesystems, hard disk, MBR, MSDOS, network,
>> optimizers and others.
> [....]
>> Regards,
>> Alex Lim
>> http://www.pupuweb.com/blog/hirens-bootcd-14-0-free-download/

I'd use the authors homepage, or at least, run a MD5 on the image
before using it.

> I now have an ISO Disk Image file which I'm fairly sure I can burn to a
> CD.
>
> If I do this, and my friend places same in his computer with a view to
> booting from the disk, will it simply 'work' and give him access to the
> tools?
>
> I have a vague notion that another step is required!

You have to alter the bios so it will boot from the CD first.
Other than that, nothing.
[]'s

s|b

May 31, 2011, 1:29:16 PM5/31/11
On Mon, 30 May 2011 07:35:26 -0700 (PDT), pupuweb Blog wrote:

> Hiren’s BootCD 14.0 (HBCD) is free bootable CD contains series of
> softwares use to analyz, recover and fix computer when operating
> system not able to boot up.

I posted about HBCD a while ago, because I thought all warez were gone
and the CD contained only freeware. This is not true, the CD still
contains (illegal) payware.

You can check this on Hiren's website:
<http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd>

Mini Windows 98 and Mini Windows XP are both payware.

(Still a great CD to have though... |-)

--
s|b

s|b

May 31, 2011, 1:32:41 PM5/31/11
On Mon, 30 May 2011 16:31:00 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

> With a view to assisting a friend, I've downloaded the Zip file and
> opened same.
>
> I now have an ISO Disk Image file which I'm fairly sure I can burn to a CD.

If you extract Hiren's.BootCD.14.0.iso, then you can burn it as an
image. However, if you need to change the keyboard (because it's AZERTY
for instance), then it's best that you extract everything and run
HBCDCustomizer.exe.

> If I do this, and my friend places same in his computer with a view to
> booting from the disk, will it simply 'work' and give him access to the
> tools?

Why wouldn't it? Does he have a Mac?

--
s|b

~BD~

Jun 1, 2011, 3:25:22 AM6/1/11
~BD~ wrote:

> Is *anyone* here able to advise?

My thanks to 'UnsteadyKen', Dave Doe, 'sh@adow' and 'sjb' for their
helpful comments.

I'll burn that ISO image later today and give it a whirl on an XP machine.

@ 'sjb' My elderly friend has two laptops - one with XP and one with
Vista - he'd love a Mac like mine but I fear the learning curve would
be too great! ;-)

Cheers

Dave

~BD~

Jun 1, 2011, 8:50:32 AM6/1/11
~BD~ wrote:
> ~BD~ wrote:
>
>> Is *anyone* here able to advise?
>
> My thanks to 'UnsteadyKen', Dave Doe, 'sh@adow' and 'sjb' for their
> helpful comments.
>
> I'll burn that ISO image later today and give it a whirl on an XP machine.

I burnt an ISO image onto a CD using my iMac - no problem! :-)

I've subsequently tried to boot my XP test machine using the disk and
draw a blank! :-(

I get this error!

"DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

I wondered about BIOS settings and played for a while without any change.

I then tried booting from my retail XP Home CD - and the computer booted
up immediately, so I deduce that something must be wrong with the
procedure of trying to boot from an ISO image!

Advice still needed and welcomed! TIA

Dave

Mike Easter

Jun 1, 2011, 1:11:59 PM6/1/11
~BD~ wrote:

> I burnt an ISO image onto a CD using my iMac - no problem! :-)
>
> I've subsequently tried to boot my XP test machine using the disk and
> draw a blank! :-(
>
> I get this error!
>
> "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

If a boot disk .iso is not 'properly' burned, you will end up with an
.iso file-containing data disk instead of a bootable CD

So, the necessary ingredients are a proper .iso, which in the case of
Hiren's would optimally be obtained from one of the reliable Hiren's
sources. There are many sources of Hiren's some of which are 'evil',
since Hiren's has a rep for containing a 'mixture' of freeware and
copyrighted ware, it has been considered 'fair game' for nefarious
sorts, just like other pirated ware.

Hiren's today is mostly freeware, much less copyright ware than earlier
versions.

I don't know which Hiren's sources are just healthy 'alternates' and
which Hiren's sources are evil -- but I do know that I consider
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ a reliable way to download Hiren's
and I consider Hiren's info source a reliable source of info about
Hiren's http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

You might compare the md5 for the files you have against thos at the
.org site

Filename: Hirens.BootCD.14.0.zip
Filesize: 495.14 MB (519189647 bytes)
ISO MD5: 69F36D88FD971CF6A7EDA9286D5E19F0
ZIP MD5: 38CF0B054E5846489D2B8AC60B6783CF

... but the .info site doesn't have any info about where to dl from. The
.info site just has other freeware tools not Hiren's.

> I wondered about BIOS settings and played for a while without any change.
>
> I then tried booting from my retail XP Home CD - and the computer booted
> up immediately, so I deduce that something must be wrong with the
> procedure of trying to boot from an ISO image!

You might diagnose a wrpmg burn condition if you look at the disk with
your Win and just see one big .iso file on it.

I don't have a Hiren's 14; but my bootable Hiren's 10.4 directory shows
an autorun.inf, BootCD.txt, Windows Menu.cmd, and a HBCD folder

--
Mike Easter

~BD~

Jun 2, 2011, 4:29:31 AM6/2/11
Mike Easter wrote:
> ~BD~ wrote:
>
>> I burnt an ISO image onto a CD using my iMac - no problem! :-)
>>
>> I've subsequently tried to boot my XP test machine using the disk and
>> draw a blank! :-(
>>
>> I get this error!
>>
>> "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"
>
> If a boot disk .iso is not 'properly' burned, you will end up with an
> .iso file-containing data disk instead of a bootable CD
>
> So, the necessary ingredients are a proper .iso, which in the case of
> Hiren's would optimally be obtained from one of the reliable Hiren's
> sources. There are many sources of Hiren's some of which are 'evil',
> since Hiren's has a rep for containing a 'mixture' of freeware and
> copyrighted ware, it has been considered 'fair game' for nefarious
> sorts, just like other pirated ware.
>
> Hiren's today is mostly freeware, much less copyright ware than earlier
> versions.
>
> I don't know which Hiren's sources are just healthy 'alternates' and
> which Hiren's sources are evil -- but I do know that I consider
> http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/a reliable way to download Hiren's

> and I consider Hiren's info source a reliable source of info about
> Hiren's http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

That's where the OP directed me!

> You might compare the md5 for the files you have against thos at the
> .org site
>
> Filename: Hirens.BootCD.14.0.zip
> Filesize: 495.14 MB (519189647 bytes)
> ISO MD5: 69F36D88FD971CF6A7EDA9286D5E19F0
> ZIP MD5: 38CF0B054E5846489D2B8AC60B6783CF

Looks identical to me. Thanks.

> ... but the .info site doesn't have any info about where to dl from. The
> .info site just has other freeware tools not Hiren's.
>
>> I wondered about BIOS settings and played for a while without any change.
>>
>> I then tried booting from my retail XP Home CD - and the computer
>> booted up immediately, so I deduce that something must be wrong with
>> the procedure of trying to boot from an ISO image!
>

> You might diagnose a wrpmg (TYPO????) burn condition if you look at the disk with

> your Win and just see one big .iso file on it.

I *do* see one single ISO file <shrug> <ponder!>

> I don't have a Hiren's 14; but my bootable Hiren's 10.4 directory shows
> an autorun.inf, BootCD.txt, Windows Menu.cmd, and a HBCD folder

Ah! That might be where I went wrong. There were a number of files
contained within the .zip file downloaded. I just selected the single
'iso file and burned that. I'll try again and see if I can burn the
whole folder.

Thanks, Mike.

D.

Richard Colton

Jun 2, 2011, 8:16:50 AM6/2/11
On 02/06/2011 09:29, ~BD~ wrote:
<snip>

> Ah! That might be where I went wrong. There were a number of files
> contained within the .zip file downloaded. I just selected the single
> 'iso file and burned that. I'll try again and see if I can burn the
> whole folder.

No, you need to burn the ISO, but not as a file to the disc. Use ImgBurn.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.UselessInfo.org.uk

Mike Easter

Jun 2, 2011, 8:40:25 AM6/2/11
~BD~ wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> ~BD~ wrote:
>>
>>> I burnt an ISO image onto a CD using my iMac - no problem! :-)

You didn't handle the burn method properly.

>>> I get this error!
>>>
>>> "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"
>>
>> If a boot disk .iso is not 'properly' burned, you will end up with an
>> .iso file-containing data disk instead of a bootable CD

> Ah! That might be where I went wrong. There were a number of files

> contained within the .zip file downloaded. I just selected the single
> 'iso file and burned that. I'll try again and see if I can burn the
> whole folder.

No; that isn't the problem. The .zip may contain some other files for
doing some other functions, but the .iso contained is the .iso which
needs to be burned as a boot disk, not as a data file.

--
Mike Easter

Mike Easter

Jun 2, 2011, 8:41:30 AM6/2/11
Richard Colton wrote:
> ~BD~ wrote:

>> Ah! That might be where I went wrong. There were a number of files
>> contained within the .zip file downloaded. I just selected the single
>> 'iso file and burned that. I'll try again and see if I can burn the
>> whole folder.

No.

> No, you need to burn the ISO, but not as a file to the disc. Use ImgBurn.

He's burning with a Mac. ImgBurn is a Win app.

--
Mike Easter

s|b

Jun 2, 2011, 9:09:41 AM6/2/11
On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 09:29:31 +0100, ~BD~ wrote:

> > I don't have a Hiren's 14; but my bootable Hiren's 10.4 directory shows
> > an autorun.inf, BootCD.txt, Windows Menu.cmd, and a HBCD folder

> Ah! That might be where I went wrong. There were a number of files
> contained within the .zip file downloaded. I just selected the single
> 'iso file and burned that. I'll try again and see if I can burn the
> whole folder.

You need to burn the ISO as an image. That should work.

--
s|b

s|b

Jun 2, 2011, 9:13:38 AM6/2/11
On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 13:16:50 +0100, Richard Colton wrote:

> No, you need to burn the ISO, but not as a file to the disc. Use ImgBurn.

You don't even need ImgBurn to burn Hiren. There's a file inside the ZIP
that will do that for you.

BurnToCD.cmd will open BurnCDCC.exe which will burn the ISO for you. (Of
course, this won't work on a Mac.)

There's also HBCDCustomizer.exe which will enable you to change keyboard
settings.

--
s|b

~BD~

Jun 2, 2011, 11:00:43 AM6/2/11

Hi Guys!

I started over using my XP desktop from scratch - including the download .

Long story short - I've now got a bootable Hirens CD - tested on Mrs
BD's laptop too!

I appreciate your help everyone. Many thanks. :-)

Dave

fm2766

Jun 3, 2011, 5:46:22 AM6/3/11
Il 02/06/2011 14:40, Mike Easter ha scritto:
> No; that isn't the problem. The .zip may contain some other files for
> doing some other functions,...

I was wondering just that. There is some file (doc, txt, pdf, ...) that
explains what are the other files?

Mike Easter

Jun 3, 2011, 7:48:14 AM6/3/11

If that is a question...

Hiren's .zip contains the .iso, a burner and burner command tool, a
changes and list of the .iso's tools text files, and some keyboard patch
tools and instructions to use them in a .zip inside the .zip. You can
use those tools to modify the .iso's keyboard.bat file and make a new
.iso so that it will boot into some other keyboard layout.

--
Mike Easter

fm2766

Jun 3, 2011, 7:51:02 AM6/3/11
Il 03/06/2011 13:48, Mike Easter ha scritto:
> fm2766 wrote:
>> Mike Easter ha scritto:
>>> No; that isn't the problem. The .zip may contain some other files for
>>> doing some other functions,...
>>

>> I was wondering just that. There is some file (doc, txt, pdf, ...)
>> that explains what are the other files?
>
> If that is a question...

yes, it is :-)

> Hiren's .zip contains the .iso, a burner and burner command tool, a
> changes and list of the .iso's tools text files, and some keyboard patch
> tools and instructions to use them in a .zip inside the .zip. You can
> use those tools to modify the .iso's keyboard.bat file and make a new
> .iso so that it will boot into some other keyboard layout.

Thank you very much :-)

gumpo...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2013, 1:20:32 PM1/28/13
Has anyone tried it on an USB Key yet ?

Mike Easter

Jan 28, 2013, 2:50:44 PM1/28/13
gumpo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone tried it on an USB Key yet ?

- Hiren's is currently at 15.2, is there any particular reason you are
asking about booting 14.0?

- the hirensbootcd site has grub4dos instructions for USB booting

- the same site's faq has alternate instructions for using syslinux to
boot the grub4dos and links to a .zip file with a RunMe.bat

- are you having a problem? What is it?

--
Mike Easter