DBFNTX/1003 Open Error

Philip Howes

May 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/6/99
I know this may be silly, but I have inherited an accounting app running in
clipper 5 - and it works just fine. Running on Windows NT Server with
Windows 95/98 client workstations.

My problem is that I have modified one program and now I get an open error
every time I run this program - DBFNTX/1003 - Dos Error 4. This is a too
many files open error. Right now i am only running on a standalone win95
workstation but it also occurs over the network. I have tried changing the
files setting in the config.sys, tried running in DOS mode only, but nothing
seems to help.

I am not a real expert at clipper so ..... I need help. Please?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Joseph Cusatis

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Set a DOS environment variable as follows:
set clipper=f:99
Clipper is running out of file handles. This can also be addressed at link time,
depending on your linker.

Joe

Joseph Cusatis

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Sorry, I meant:
set clipper=f99
No colon. and 99 can be any number equal to the most files the app will open at a
time.

Pep Camps i Costa

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
Phil, you must execute the command set clipper=F100 before call the clipper
program. This command, puts the environment var clipper at F100 or the same
value that you put in config.sys. You can write it in the AUTOEXEC.BAT if
you want.

Hopping that solves your problem.

Pep Camps i Costa
PepC...@ATI.es