Viruscan Online Problem (i think)

1 view

Chris Muller

Aug 27, 2003, 5:16:34 PM8/27/03
I have McAfee Viruscan Online. It seems to be causing problems.

XP HE, all latest udates. My hard drive gets very busy, and fills up.

Many, many files named McV**.tmp are created, eating up as much as 10
gigabytes.

I need to kill task mcvescn.exe in task manager, in order to delete
these many files.

Do I need to uninstall McAfee? Any Ideas? Thanks

Chris Muller

Aug 28, 2003, 12:00:44 PM8/28/03
chris....@mullermedia.com (Chris Muller) wrote in message news:<c216ef0e.0308...@posting.google.com>...

an update:

I finally got thru to their online chat, and they had me turn off
scriptstopper and wormstopper. (options/advanced). Forgot to mention
that I had Outlook 2000 running as well--seems to be related.

A better fix is in the works, they say.

Deborah

Aug 28, 2003, 5:56:45 PM8/28/03
chris....@mullermedia.com (Chris Muller) wrote in message news:<c216ef0e.0308...@posting.google.com>...

I had two computers here that did the same thing after an update... my
fix was to uninstall,reboot and then do a clean reinstall. Everything
is working fine now and I have every options enabled.

Deborah

George Silvis

Sep 24, 2003, 2:12:08 PM9/24/03
chris....@mullermedia.com (Chris Muller) wrote in message news:<c216ef0e.0308...@posting.google.com>...