Woman Hater's "My Life My Love My All" words anywhere?

Joe Magiera

May 1, 2004, 9:10:56 PM5/1/04
Can anyone please point me to a web site (if it exists), or perhaps a
printed copy in a book or magazine anywhere that has the words to the
song "My Life, My Love, My All" from the short "Woman Haters". Also
would like to know the slightly different words they used each time it
was performed in the short.

Any help/guidance much appreciated. Thanks,

Joe
joema...@ameritech.net

James Neibaur

May 1, 2004, 10:28:24 PM5/1/04
in article 7e350793.04050...@posting.google.com, Joe Magiera at
joema...@ameritech.net wrote on 5/1/04 8:10 PM:

> words to the
> song "My Life, My Love, My All" from the short "Woman Haters"

This is from memory, so bear with me:

For you
For you my life my love my all
We'll see the evening twilight falling
(I'll come home to you)
Calling
(yoo hoo hoo hoo hoo)
I'll croon
A little song about the moon
And when I'm finished with my crooning
On my knees I'll fall
My life
My love
My all

JN

Rob Petrie

May 2, 2004, 7:27:11 AM5/2/04
x-no-archive: yes

"James Neibaur" <jnei...@wi.rr.com> wrote in message

Very nice, Jim!

I've wondered if "Woman Haters" didn't set the tone for the 189 shorts
to follow and explains why so many women hate the Stooges. After all, the
Stooges "hated" women (at least most of the time in their shorts) by
including them in their slapstick abuse and disparaging words of
"endearment" such as: 'toots', 'dame', etc. The few exceptions were when
Curly grabbed-hugged Mattie Herring (Adrian Booth Brian, aka Lorna Gray),
because she was a spy all over <lol>, etc.

James Neibaur

May 2, 2004, 8:43:22 AM5/2/04
in article jW4lc.2628$Hs1....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net, Rob Petrie
at r*@att.net wrote on 5/2/04 6:27 AM:

> I've wondered if "Woman Haters" didn't set the tone for the 189 shorts
> to follow and explains why so many women hate the Stooges. After all, the
> Stooges "hated" women (at least most of the time in their shorts) by
> including them in their slapstick abuse and disparaging words of
> "endearment" such as: 'toots', 'dame', etc. The few exceptions were when
> Curly grabbed-hugged Mattie Herring (Adrian Booth Brian, aka Lorna Gray),
> because she was a spy all over <lol>, etc.

I've never really pondered it because, as I have stated, my experience has
been different. The only people, male or female, that have disliked the
Stooges have also not found any of the great comedians funny. So I can't
call them anti-stooge, they are simply anti-funny. And this is very, very
few people.

W.C. Fields presented women very unflatteringly. So did the Marx Brothers.
So did Laurel and Hardy. The idea of a shrewish woman goes back to (at
least) Shakespeare.

I think there are people who simply find slapstick to be boorish and unfunny
(which is their problem). Since the Stooges are among the most significant
practitioners of slapstick, and the most accessible, they are often touted
as examples. Slapstick is not only a very valid form of comedy, it is
central to the development of humor in cinema. The Stooges hold a pretty
lofty place within those annals, and if some don't see it, they can be
blissfully herded like sheep to the New Release section at Blockbuster and
rent Stuck On You.

JN

Gid Tanner

May 2, 2004, 9:20:05 AM5/2/04
James Neibaur <jnei...@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:<BCB9C733.3474C%jnei...@wi.rr.com>...

Nice job, Jim! One thing--I believe it's:

"A little song beneath the moon."

Gid Tanner

May 2, 2004, 9:20:47 AM5/2/04
James Neibaur <jnei...@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:<BCB9C733.3474C%jnei...@wi.rr.com>...

Nice job, Jim! One thing--I believe it's:

"A little song beneath the moon."

--or "under the moon."

John Spillane

May 2, 2004, 10:48:07 AM5/2/04
Shemp:"It's called "Kiss the moonbeams off my elbow" No,wait!!That's
Studio Stoops (1950)......lmao!!

John West Fan

May 2, 2004, 5:51:31 PM5/2/04
Other Stooge Song Titles:

"Don't Chop The Wood, Mother, Father's Coming Home With A Load"

"She Was Bred In Old Kentucky, But She's Just A Crumb Up Here"

Rob Petrie

May 3, 2004, 4:10:28 AM5/3/04
x-no-archive: yes

"John West Fan" <johnwe...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Other Stooge Song Titles:
>
> "Don't Chop The Wood, Mother, Father's Coming Home With A Load"

[SLAP!]

> "She Was Bred In Old Kentucky, But She's Just A Crumb Up Here"

Only to be sung when you are washing lettuce.

jsmit...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2016, 10:44:05 AM8/19/16
12 Years later, and someone else is looking for the exact same thing. Internet you've let us down.