Fake autograph dealers?

MR SP00KY

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
Hey everyone

I see this is a controversial subject but its something that should be
addressed. Who is good dealers? Who is bad? Who can you trust and who cant
you?

So far the only dealer I trust on the net is Brian at Iconographs......

Jesse

Wayne Davis

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
I add my vote for Brian. I don't even bother checking anything I buy from him
anymore. The same goes for JD Bardwell. I could add 4 or 5 more dealers but
I'll stop here. I'm not in charge of this newsgroup, that's Sandra.

Wayne

Jeff Cecchettini

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
I agree with the two of you on Brian and JD Bardwell. I would also like to
add to the list Gregg from Sign Here Autographs and Eddy from Celebrity
Autographs. Eddy also has great prices on 8x10 unsigned photos.

Jeff

Linda Ward

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
In article <19981230195235...@ng138.aol.com>, MR SP00KY

<URL:mailto:mrsp...@aol.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone
>
> I see this is a controversial subject but its something that should be
> addressed. Who is good dealers? Who is bad? Who can you trust and who cant
> you?
>
> So far the only dealer I trust on the net is Brian at Iconographs......
>
> Jesse

Personally I look for UACC Authorised dealers....and being in the UK
it's nice to see a few Registered Dealers on their list.

Linda

Kirsten Schaulin

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
> I see this is a controversial subject but its something that should be
> addressed. Who is good dealers? Who is bad? Who can you trust and who cant
> you?
> So far the only dealer I trust on the net is Brian at Iconographs......

Who I have bought from and would readily recommend:

Agreed with Iconographs (best with customer service, prices, auctions,
quality, and selection by far)
Sign Here Autographs

Who I've never heard a complaint about but are too pricey for me:

Autograph World

I also bought from Autographs Etc a couple years ago, and while I've
never bought anything I'd consider iffy from them, they frequently have
the harder to get autos (Mel Gibson, Kate Winslet, David Duchovny,
Sandra Bullock, etc) and that makes me nervous.

Oh, and I've never gotten a fake (in my estimation) from Starr
Autographs, but her customer service really stinks and I don't buy from
there anymore unless it's something I REALLY like or the price is too
good to resist. To clarify the customer service comment, she usually
does not remove autographs from her website for days after they've been
sold (I've ordered from her 4 times now and I think 3 out of the 4 times
she had already sold one or more of the autos I ordered), she doesn't
ship promptly, and she doesn't answer email well.

Dealers that I personally would not buy from (this in no way could be
considered slanderous in a court of law so don't even bother):

Jungle Intrigue
DBR Enterprises
Mr. A's
Anyone associated with Hollywood Dreams

-Kirsten

Wayne Davis

Dec 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/31/98
UACC membership is a plus but no guarantee. Any crook can join the UACC and
remain a member until he's caught and thrown out of the UACC. Membership in the
Manuscript Society is also good, that seems to be the association for the very,
very expensive stuff. The best thing is a lot of recommendations. Even a crook
will get a good recommendation or two from people new to collecting who don't have
the knowledge to sort out the fakes yet.