Will this generation see bible prophecy fulfilled?

Libertarius

Mar 30, 2001, 8:33:08β€―PM3/30/01
Don Koenig wrote:

> It is pretty clear to me that we will. For world trends that indicate that
> we are near the end of the age see www.thepropheticyears.com

===>It has been "pretty clear" to many other people, over and over,
for several centuries, each one firmly believing that those so-called
"prophecies" applied to them and their time!

Libertarius

Aaron Potts

Mar 30, 2001, 8:51:50β€―PM3/30/01
I have to agree with you there.

Aaron Potts

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC5340A.3845B033@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

pi'

Mar 31, 2001, 8:57:06β€―AM3/31/01
I agree too, but I also disagree due to the "other" bible written in stone.
The pyramid is very clear as to the time of the end and the sheer fact that the bible has the same author kinda seals it.
The other obvious thing is the sheer fact that everything points to this generation with all we know about prophecy and the word of Jesus, either way, watch for your redemption draweth nigh.
Pete...

Don Koenig

Mar 31, 2001, 9:12:55β€―AM3/31/01
"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC5340A.3845B033@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

> Don Koenig wrote:

Yes that may be true but in prior generations it was only a small segment of
believers that thought this. Today most evangelical and Pentecostal
Christians believe the time is very near. Many of the world trends that I
give on my web site are unique to this generation. Nothing in bible prophecy
other than the rapture could possibly happen until the Israeli's were back
in their land. I know you do not believe in the God of Christianity but if
you did you would have to admit the signs all point to the very near future.

Don

Libertarius

Mar 31, 2001, 9:54:03β€―AM3/31/01
Don Koenig wrote:

> "Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
> message news:3AC5340A.3845B033@Nothing_But_The.Truth...
>
> > Don Koenig wrote:
> >
> > > It is pretty clear to me that we will. For world trends that indicate
> that
> > > we are near the end of the age see www.thepropheticyears.com
> >
> > ===>It has been "pretty clear" to many other people, over and over,
> > for several centuries, each one firmly believing that those so-called
> > "prophecies" applied to them and their time!
> >
> > Libertarius
> >

> Yes that may be true but in prior generations it was only a small segment of
> believers that thought this.

===>That is not true at all. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people were
involved in the "end of the world" craze NUMEROUS times during the
past 19 centuries.

> Today most evangelical and Pentecostal
> Christians believe the time is very near.

===>SDAs and JWs have believed it since the mid 19th century.

> Many of the world trends that I
> give on my web site are unique to this generation.

===You can ALWAYS find SOMETHING that appears "unique".

> Nothing in bible prophecy
> other than the rapture could possibly happen until the Israeli's were back
> in their land. I know you do not believe in the God of Christianity but if
> you did you would have to admit the signs all point to the very near future.

===>They always have. It is a matter of interpretation. As for Israel, its
existence has no connection with the "prophecies" so-called. You guys are
simply mixing together totally unrelated statements from the various
writers compiled in the Bible.
However, the "end of the world" will definitely come for each of you
-- when you die.

Libertarius

Don Koenig

Mar 31, 2001, 10:23:45β€―AM3/31/01

> > that
> > >
> > > ===>It has been "pretty clear" to many other people, over and over,
> > > for several centuries, each one firmly believing that those so-called
> > > "prophecies" applied to them and their time!
> > >
> > > Libertarius
> > >

> > Yes that may be true but in prior generations it was only a small
segment of
> > believers that thought this.
>
> ===>That is not true at all. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people were
> involved in the "end of the world" craze NUMEROUS times during the
> past 19 centuries.

That is a small segment. Today there are hundreds of millions who believe
that the return of Jesus is very near.

> > Today most evangelical and Pentecostal
> > Christians believe the time is very near.
>
> ===>SDAs and JWs have believed it since the mid 19th century.

The SDA believed it because of one misapplied scripture from Daniel. The
JW's do not know the Jesus of the Bible so they are irrelevant.

> > Many of the world trends that I
> > give on my web site are unique to this generation.
>
> ===You can ALWAYS find SOMETHING that appears "unique".

Maybe, Let people read the signs and trends and judge for themselves. I am
convinced that the time is near and preach that to anyone with ears to hear.
I do not care if the deaf miss it.

> > Nothing in bible prophecy
> > other than the rapture could possibly happen until the Israeli's were
back
> > in their land. I know you do not believe in the God of Christianity but
if
> > you did you would have to admit the signs all point to the very near
future.

> ===>They always have. It is a matter of interpretation. As for Israel, its
> existence has no connection with the "prophecies" so-called. You guys are
> simply mixing together totally unrelated statements from the various
> writers compiled in the Bible.

That is your opinion and your opinion should have no weight with Christians
since you are a non- believer and attack the faith constantly. In fact your
attacking what I say makes the truth of what I say more valid.

> However, the "end of the world" will definitely come for each of you
> -- when you die.

We do not have an end. And the world will not have a end. It will have a new
beginning.

Don

tim gueguen

Mar 31, 2001, 12:29:53β€―PM3/31/01

"pi'" <corner...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

>I agree too, but I also disagree due to the "other" bible written in stone.
>The pyramid is very clear as to the time of the end

And what nonsensical book did you get this nonsense from?

tim gueguen 101867

Larry Righi

Mar 31, 2001, 1:20:55β€―PM3/31/01
Hi Don...I see that you and Libertarius are going at it....It seems to me
that all prophecy hinges on Israel once again becoming a nation and that has
happened . That was in 1946 wasn't it ,correct me if Im wrong. The Bible
says that the generation that sees Israel being reborn will not be all dead
till the end comes. The generation that the Bible is referring to is it
talking about the people who were adults at the rebirth of Israel or is it
talking about people like myself who were born around that time?...Larry
Don Koenig <dko...@semo.net> wrote in message

Don Koenig

Mar 31, 2001, 2:41:56β€―PM3/31/01
Hi Larry

Libertarius lives to teach Christians that they what they believe are lies.
He does not have a chance in hell (-:)+

Israel became a nation in 1948. Jesus said that those that see the things He
was talking about would not pass away before all was fulfilled. The Parable
some use to start this generation is the parable of the fig tree (the fig
tree being Israel) The theory is the generation that Jesus was referring to
started in 1948. I believe it more likely it started in 1967 when Israel put
forth leaves (captured new territory). All timetables in future bible
prophecy focus on Jerusalem. This city was taken by the Jews in 1967. If
this application is correct I believe that it is talking about the bulk of
that generation that began to see and be aware of these things. This
probably means people that were 20 and older in 1967. Since a lifespan is 70
years it would mean that all should be fulfilled by 2017. Be aware that this
is just a theory.

"Larry Righi" <ldr...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:bepx6.4315$RF1.2...@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...> Hi Don...I

Libertarius

Mar 31, 2001, 2:56:50β€―PM3/31/01
Larry Righi wrote:

> Hi Don...I see that you and Libertarius are going at it....It seems to me
> that all prophecy hinges on Israel once again becoming a nation and that has
> happened . That was in 1946 wasn't it ,correct me if Im wrong. The Bible
> says that the generation that sees Israel being reborn will not be all dead
> till the end comes.

===>Where does the Bible say that? This is just another one of the
perennial "end timers" invention. Then, when Israel will have been around for,
say,
200 years, so NO ONE even born in 1946 survives, the new "end timers"
will claim that it refers to some CLONES of those, which will undoubtedly
exist by then, or that "God" is just being "patient", as done by the author of
"2 Peter".

> The generation that the Bible is referring to is it
> talking about the people who were adults at the rebirth of Israel or is it
> talking about people like myself who were born around that time?...Larry

===>It is NOT talking about EITHER. There is NOTHING of that sort in
the Bible!

Libertarius

Libertarius

Mar 31, 2001, 4:42:45β€―PM3/31/01
Don Koenig wrote:

> Hi Larry
>
> Libertarius lives to teach Christians that they what they believe are lies.
> He does not have a chance in hell (-:)+
>
> Israel became a nation in 1948. Jesus said that those that see the things He
> was talking about would not pass away before all was fulfilled. The Parable
> some use to start this generation is the parable of the fig tree (the fig
> tree being Israel)

===>Actually, the fig tree was a symbol of ROME!
In the city of Rome the founders of the city, Romulus and Remus, had been
suckled by the she-wolf before they were found by a shepherd. The SACRED
FIG TREE grew in front of the cave.
See Mark 11, where Jesus is shown CURSING the FIG TREE!
Where did anyone get the idea that the fig tree was symbolic of
ISRAEL????

> The theory is the generation that Jesus was referring to
> started in 1948. I believe it more likely it started in 1967 when Israel put
> forth leaves (captured new territory). All timetables in future bible
> prophecy focus on Jerusalem. This city was taken by the Jews in 1967. If
> this application is correct I believe that it is talking about the bulk of
> that generation that began to see and be aware of these things. This
> probably means people that were 20 and older in 1967. Since a lifespan is 70
> years it would mean that all should be fulfilled by 2017. Be aware that this
> is just a theory.

===>It sure is, and one totally without foundation. The symbol of Israel was the

OLIVE TREE!

Libertarius

Aaron Potts

Mar 31, 2001, 10:55:43β€―PM3/31/01
I have to wonder the same thing, though I hesitate to label any book as
nonsensical until I know more about it.

By the way, what's Saskatoon, Saskatchewan like?

Aaron Potts

"tim gueguen" <ad...@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca> wrote in message

Aaron Potts

Mar 31, 2001, 10:59:00β€―PM3/31/01
Well, despite that there are some people who are having prophetic abilities
(I was able to accurately predict the future for a little bit, which
inspired me to go back and look at my shoddy faith, tear it down, and then
rebuild it), most of the stuff isn't happening that Revelations talks about.
I am again hesitant to apply "end of the world" to any time period. Only God
knows when it will happen.

Aaron Potts

"Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> wrote in message

Aaron Potts

Mar 31, 2001, 11:01:02β€―PM3/31/01
Libertarius raises some good points. We must be hesitant to try to predict
the end of the world. Be motivated to spread the Good News, but don't try
messing with prophecy. It'll just give Christians a bigger "lunatic fringe"
image.

Aaron Potts

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC636B8.EB625DD9@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

sc...@home.com

Apr 1, 2001, 12:01:29β€―AM4/1/01
I believe in the "God of Christianity" and I don't think
that there are any 'signs' pointing to the very near
future.

Why should I believe you and not believe the authors
of the New Testament?

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 1, 2001, 12:13:42β€―AM4/1/01
In <9860678...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> writes:

>Israel became a nation in 1948.

Completely irrelevant.

Even the fundamentalists teach that Israel must be
ejected from the land AGAIN and then gathered back
into the land yet again because this gathering into
the land does not meet the requirements of prophecy.

>Jesus said that those that see the things He was talking
>about would not pass away before all was fulfilled.

What He said was that those living at the time He spoke
would see all those things come to pass.

>The Parable
>some use to start this generation is the parable of the fig tree (the fig
>tree being Israel)

There is no "parable" of the fig tree.

What Jesus told His disciples was that when THEY saw
these things begin to come to pass to know that His
coming was near, in the same way that when the trees
put forth leaves they knew summer was near.

>The theory is the generation that Jesus was referring to
>started in 1948.

It's an erroneous theory based upon a faulty premiss.

> I believe it more likely it started in 1967 when Israel put
>forth leaves (captured new territory).

This theory is no better. The Isaelis have been taking
territory that doesn't belong to them for year before
1967.

>All timetables in future bible
>prophecy focus on Jerusalem.

Jerusalem, the Land, and the Temple were
all seen as one entity.

> This city was taken by the Jews in 1967. If
>this application is correct I believe that it is talking about the bulk of
>that generation that began to see and be aware of these things. This
>probably means people that were 20 and older in 1967. Since a lifespan is 70
>years it would mean that all should be fulfilled by 2017.

A generation is 40 years.

It should have been fulfilled by now.

> Be aware that this
>is just a theory.

You got that right.

Beware of "just a theory" claims.

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 1, 2001, 12:15:39β€―AM4/1/01
In <9a68sf$hgu$1...@newstest.laserlink.net>, "Aaron Potts" <g...@amexol.net> writes:
>Well, despite that there are some people who are having prophetic abilities
>(I was able to accurately predict the future for a little bit, which
>inspired me to go back and look at my shoddy faith, tear it down, and then
>rebuild it), most of the stuff isn't happening that Revelations talks about.
>I am again hesitant to apply "end of the world" to any time period. Only God
>knows when it will happen.
>
>Aaron Potts

Frankly, Jesus doesn't talk about the end of
the world. Check any modern translation.

What He talks about is "the end of the age."

What age was coming to a close when Jesus
was preaching?

Scott

Libertarius

Apr 1, 2001, 12:10:45β€―AM4/1/01
sc...@home.com wrote:

===>He was hoping to bring about the end of the age of Rome's
divine emperors and their occupation of his country.

Libertarius

Don Koenig

Apr 1, 2001, 7:45:37β€―AM4/1/01

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC64F8C.F2CD6336@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

> Don Koenig wrote:
>
> > Hi Larry
> >
> > Libertarius lives to teach Christians that they what they believe are
lies.
> > He does not have a chance in hell (-:)+
> >
> > Israel became a nation in 1948. Jesus said that those that see the
things He
> > was talking about would not pass away before all was fulfilled. The
Parable
> > some use to start this generation is the parable of the fig tree (the
fig
> > tree being Israel)
>
> ===>Actually, the fig tree was a symbol of ROME!
> In the city of Rome the founders of the city, Romulus and Remus, had been
> suckled by the she-wolf before they were found by a shepherd. The SACRED
> FIG TREE grew in front of the cave.
> See Mark 11, where Jesus is shown CURSING the FIG TREE!
> Where did anyone get the idea that the fig tree was symbolic of
> ISRAEL????

Both the fig and olive tree are used for Israel in the scriptures. example:

Joel 1:7 He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig-tree: he hath made
it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white. There
are several others that can only be applied to Israel. Jesus cursed the fig
Tree (Israel) because she did not know the time of His coming. Jesus had
nothing to say about Rome. Jesus focas was always on Israel.

> > The theory is the generation that Jesus was referring to
> > started in 1948. I believe it more likely it started in 1967 when Israel
put
> > forth leaves (captured new territory). All timetables in future bible
> > prophecy focus on Jerusalem. This city was taken by the Jews in 1967. If
> > this application is correct I believe that it is talking about the bulk
of
> > that generation that began to see and be aware of these things. This
> > probably means people that were 20 and older in 1967. Since a lifespan
is 70
> > years it would mean that all should be fulfilled by 2017. Be aware that
this
> > is just a theory.
>
> ===>It sure is, and one totally without foundation. The symbol of Israel
was the

> OLIVE TREE!

And the fig tree.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 1, 2001, 7:47:14β€―AM4/1/01
Nobody is predicting the end of the world. We are talking about the end of
the age which Jesus said would not come upon those that are watching
unaware.

"Aaron Potts" <g...@amexol.net> wrote in message

Don Koenig

Apr 1, 2001, 7:50:24β€―AM4/1/01

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC6B88D.E47DB9C@Nothing_But_The.Truth...
Nonsense, He came to die for the sins of mankind and fulfill scripture.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 1, 2001, 8:20:14β€―AM4/1/01
<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac6b...@news1.prserv.net...

> In <9860678...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net>
writes:

> >Israel became a nation in 1948.
> >
> Completely irrelevant.
>
> Even the fundamentalists teach that Israel must be
> ejected from the land AGAIN and then gathered back
> into the land yet again because this gathering into
> the land does not meet the requirements of prophecy.

There is a partial ejection where half of the city of Jerusalem is taken. At
that time Jesus will come and fight for Israel. This could not happen until
the Israelis were first back in the land.

> >Jesus said that those that see the things He was talking
> >about would not pass away before all was fulfilled.
> >
> What He said was that those living at the time He spoke
> would see all those things come to pass.

He did not. And it did not happen. And don't tell me A.D. 70. The signs
spoken of did not yet occur.

> >The Parable
> >some use to start this generation is the parable of the fig tree (the fig
> >tree being Israel)
> >
> There is no "parable" of the fig tree.
>
> What Jesus told His disciples was that when THEY saw
> these things begin to come to pass to know that His
> coming was near, in the same way that when the trees
> put forth leaves they knew summer was near.

Mark 13:28 Now from the fig tree learn her parable: when her branch is now
become tender, and putteth forth its leaves, ye know that the summer is
nigh;

Jesus said learn the parable so there must have been a parable to learn.

> >The theory is the generation that Jesus was referring to
> >started in 1948.
> >
> It's an erroneous theory based upon a faulty premiss.

Maybe, but I do not know how you can be so sure of that. I can not be
dogmatic about it either way.

> > I believe it more likely it started in 1967 when Israel put
> >forth leaves (captured new territory).
> >

> This theory is no better. The Israelis have been taking

> territory that doesn't belong to them for year before
> 1967.

Read the boundaries that God have Israel it goes as far as part of Iraq.

> >All timetables in future bible
> >prophecy focus on Jerusalem.
> >
> Jerusalem, the Land, and the Temple were
> all seen as one entity.
>

> > This city was taken by the Jews in 1967. If
> >this application is correct I believe that it is talking about the bulk
of
> >that generation that began to see and be aware of these things. This
> >probably means people that were 20 and older in 1967. Since a lifespan is
70
> >years it would mean that all should be fulfilled by 2017.
> >
> A generation is 40 years.
>
> It should have been fulfilled by now.

Some think it is 50 years some a lifespan. Besides, Jesus did not say it
would be a generation. Jesus said the generation that saw the signs He was
talking about would not die before all was fulfilled.

> > Be aware that this
> >is just a theory.
> >
> You got that right.
>
> Beware of "just a theory" claims.

Beware of those who have no answers at all. Also be aware that just because
I was telling Larry about the theory does not mean that I believe that the
interpretation is correct.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 1, 2001, 8:32:59β€―AM4/1/01
"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC636B8.EB625DD9@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

> Larry Righi wrote:
>
> > Hi Don...I see that you and Libertarius are going at it....It seems to
me
> > that all prophecy hinges on Israel once again becoming a nation and that
has
> > happened . That was in 1946 wasn't it ,correct me if Im wrong. The Bible
> > says that the generation that sees Israel being reborn will not be all
dead
> > till the end comes.
>
> ===>Where does the Bible say that? This is just another one of the
> perennial "end timers" invention. Then, when Israel will have been around
for,
> say,
> 200 years, so NO ONE even born in 1946 survives, the new "end timers"
> will claim that it refers to some CLONES of those, which will undoubtedly
> exist by then, or that "God" is just being "patient", as done by the
author of
> "2 Peter".

Get in touch with reality. Israel will not survive the attacks from its Arab
and Islamic neighbors to survive another 200 years. God will have to
intervene or their will not be any Israel.

> > The generation that the Bible is referring to is it
> > talking about the people who were adults at the rebirth of Israel or is
it
> > talking about people like myself who were born around that time?...Larry
>
> ===>It is NOT talking about EITHER. There is NOTHING of that sort in
> the Bible!
>
> Libertarius

You might read the following" From Matthew

> 27 For as the lightning cometh forth from the east, and is seen even unto
the west; so shall be the coming of the Son of man.
28 Wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be
darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall
from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then
shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man c
oming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send forth his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and
they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of
heaven to the other.
32 ΒΆ Now from the fig tree learn her parable: when her branch is now become

tender, and putteth forth its leaves, ye know that the summer is nigh;

33 even so ye also, when ye see all these things, know ye that he is nigh,
even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all
these things be accomplished.

As you see there is something of that sort in the bible

Libertarius

Apr 1, 2001, 12:51:43β€―PM4/1/01
Don Koenig wrote:

===>There is nothing symbolic about that verse.

> There are several others that can only be applied to Israel. Jesus cursed the
> fig
> Tree (Israel) because she did not know the time of His coming.

===>PREPOSTEROUS NONSENSE!
Jesus would NEVER curse Israel! How absurd can you
get in your effort to support a silly idea.

> Jesus had nothing to say about Rome. Jesus focas was always on Israel.

===>That is the GENTILE Christian myth! In fact he was a leader of the
Jewish Messianist ZEALOTS who have been opposed to Roman occupation
ever since the uprising in by "Judas THE GALILEAN" during the time Jesus
was growing up IN GALILEE. He was KNOWN as a "Galilean", i.e.
a REBEL! That is why he was court martialled and crucified, FOR SEDITION!
By the ROMANS! Reportedly along with at least two of his Zealot followers.

SEE: Hyam Maccoby 's "Jesus and the Jewish Fight for Independence"

Libertarius

> > > The theory is the generation that Jesus was referring to
> > > started in 1948. I believe it more likely it started in 1967 when Israel
> put
> > > forth leaves (captured new territory). All timetables in future bible
> > > prophecy focus on Jerusalem. This city was taken by the Jews in 1967. If
> > > this application is correct I believe that it is talking about the bulk
> of
> > > that generation that began to see and be aware of these things. This
> > > probably means people that were 20 and older in 1967. Since a lifespan
> is 70
> > > years it would mean that all should be fulfilled by 2017. Be aware that
> this
> > > is just a theory.
> >
> > ===>It sure is, and one totally without foundation. The symbol of Israel
> was the
> >
> > OLIVE TREE!
>
> And the fig tree.

===>NEVER! In fact the two are CONTRASTED in James 3:12.
They are INCOMPATIBLE, like slat water and fresh water.

"Can a fig tree, my brethren, produce olives, or a vine produce figs?
Nor can salt water produce fresh.

Libertarius

Don Koenig

Apr 1, 2001, 5:27:56β€―PM4/1/01

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC75CA2.C4C35357@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

Who do you think He was talking about Rome? Like I said there are other
verses that I will give to someone intrested but why should I will not waste
my time with you.

> > There are several others that can only be applied to Israel. Jesus
cursed the
> > fig
> > Tree (Israel) because she did not know the time of His coming.
>
> ===>PREPOSTEROUS NONSENSE!
> Jesus would NEVER curse Israel! How absurd can you
> get in your effort to support a silly idea.

Apparently not as absurd as you in your zeal to disprove it. The ax was laid
at the root of the tree because the Jews rejected their Messiah. The root
still exists and the tree is now growing again and putting forth leaves. God
cursed Israel for their adultery so what makes you think that Jesus who was
God would not?

> > Jesus had nothing to say about Rome. Jesus focas was always on Israel.
>
> ===>That is the GENTILE Christian myth! In fact he was a leader of the
> Jewish Messianist ZEALOTS who have been opposed to Roman occupation
> ever since the uprising in by "Judas THE GALILEAN" during the time Jesus
> was growing up IN GALILEE. He was KNOWN as a "Galilean", i.e.
> a REBEL! That is why he was court martialled and crucified, FOR SEDITION!
> By the ROMANS! Reportedly along with at least two of his Zealot followers.
>
> SEE: Hyam Maccoby 's "Jesus and the Jewish Fight for Independence"

You and maybe a dozen others in the world could possibly believe such total
nonsense, And you want us to take what you say serious?

Don

Libertarius

Apr 1, 2001, 5:57:07β€―PM4/1/01
Don Koenig wrote:

===>How utterly absurd can you get? READ the chapter! It is about a
PLAGUE OF LOCUSTS, of which there have been many in the Near
East! They gy is simply complaining about his CROP being devoured.
VINES, FIGS, GRAIN, OLIVE OIL, WHEAT, BARLEY...
Are ALL of these things symbols for Israel???

> Like I said there are other
> verses that I will give to someone intrested but why should I will not waste
> my time with you.
> >
> > > There are several others that can only be applied to Israel. Jesus
> cursed the
> > > fig
> > > Tree (Israel) because she did not know the time of His coming.
> >
> > ===>PREPOSTEROUS NONSENSE!
> > Jesus would NEVER curse Israel! How absurd can you
> > get in your effort to support a silly idea.
>
> Apparently not as absurd as you in your zeal to disprove it. The ax was laid
> at the root of the tree because the Jews rejected their Messiah.

===>The Jews did NOT "reject the Messiah". The MAN who believed he
could fulfill the ROLE of the Messiah had FAILED!

> The root
> still exists and the tree is now growing again and putting forth leaves.

===>NONSENSE. Today's Israel has NOTHING to do with the Israel
Jesus was hoping to liberate.

> God
> cursed Israel for their adultery so what makes you think that Jesus who was
> God would not?

===>Jesus was no "God", and he LOVED his people, even if, according
to some ridiculous "prophets" their "God" had cursed them. He GAVE HIS
LIFE for the cause of their liberation!

> > > Jesus had nothing to say about Rome. Jesus focas was always on Israel.
> >
> > ===>That is the GENTILE Christian myth! In fact he was a leader of the
> > Jewish Messianist ZEALOTS who have been opposed to Roman occupation
> > ever since the uprising in by "Judas THE GALILEAN" during the time Jesus
> > was growing up IN GALILEE. He was KNOWN as a "Galilean", i.e.
> > a REBEL! That is why he was court martialled and crucified, FOR SEDITION!
> > By the ROMANS! Reportedly along with at least two of his Zealot followers.
> >
> > SEE: Hyam Maccoby 's "Jesus and the Jewish Fight for Independence"
> >
> You and maybe a dozen others in the world could possibly believe such total
> nonsense, And you want us to take what you say serious?

===>Not someone who cannot even use the English language "correct" ;-)
You are much too narrow minded to see through all the nonsense your
preachers are teaching you.

Don Koenig

Apr 1, 2001, 7:20:23β€―PM4/1/01
"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC7A438.EE2F6A34@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

You are so unbelievably blind the prior verse says.

For a nation is come up upon my land, strong, and without number; his teeth
are the teeth of a lion, and he hath the jaw-teeth of a lioness. He is
talking about a nation that came up against Israel

> > Like I said there are other

> > verses that I will give to someone interested but why should I will not

waste
> > my time with you.

> > cursed the
> > >
> > > ===>PREPOSTEROUS NONSENSE!
> > > Jesus would NEVER curse Israel! How absurd can you
> > > get in your effort to support a silly idea.
> >
> > Apparently not as absurd as you in your zeal to disprove it. The ax was
laid
> > at the root of the tree because the Jews rejected their Messiah.
>
> ===>The Jews did NOT "reject the Messiah". The MAN who believed he
> could fulfill the ROLE of the Messiah had FAILED!

He did not fail as evidenced by the amount of time Satanic people like you
spend trying to discredit Him.

> > The root
> > still exists and the tree is now growing again and putting forth leaves.
>
> ===>NONSENSE. Today's Israel has NOTHING to do with the Israel
> Jesus was hoping to liberate.
>
> > God
> > cursed Israel for their adultery so what makes you think that Jesus who
was
> > God would not?
>
> ===>Jesus was no "God", and he LOVED his people, even if, according
> to some ridiculous "prophets" their "God" had cursed them. He GAVE HIS
> LIFE for the cause of their liberation!

Israel.

> > > ===>That is the GENTILE Christian myth! In fact he was a leader of the
> > > Jewish Messianist ZEALOTS who have been opposed to Roman occupation
> > > ever since the uprising in by "Judas THE GALILEAN" during the time
Jesus
> > > was growing up IN GALILEE. He was KNOWN as a "Galilean", i.e.
> > > a REBEL! That is why he was court martialled and crucified, FOR
SEDITION!
> > > By the ROMANS! Reportedly along with at least two of his Zealot
followers.

> > > SEE: Hyam Maccoby 's "Jesus and the Jewish Fight for Independence"
> > >
> > You and maybe a dozen others in the world could possibly believe such
total
> > nonsense, And you want us to take what you say serious?
>
> ===>Not someone who cannot even use the English language "correct" ;-)
> You are much too narrow minded to see through all the nonsense your
> preachers are teaching you.

Whither I can use the English language to your satisfaction or not does not
change not the fact that there is more hope for Balaam's donkey to see the
light then there is for you.

Don Koenig

Apr 1, 2001, 8:16:46β€―PM4/1/01
<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac6b...@news1.prserv.net...

> In <98604807...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net>

Have you read my web site?

> Why should I believe you and not believe the authors
> of the New Testament?

The authors of the NT indicated that the coming of the Lord is imminent. In
no way does my message conflict with theirs. There has to be an end to the
age sometime and Jesus said that those who are watching would be aware of
it.

Don

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:21:56β€―AM4/2/01
An interesting thesis, but not one supported
by many modern scholars.

That also does not seem to be how His followers
interpreted His message as evidenced in the New
Testament writings.

But let me say that in a sense I agree with you,
but with the provision that Jesus was not looking
to set up a physically based kingdom after the
manner of the Gentiles.

I agree because it was the "times of the Gentiles"
which were to come to a close, as pictured in the
visions of Nebuchadnezzar and Daniel as recorded
in the book of Daniel.

But at the same time, it was also the Mosaic age
that was coming to a close, as evidenced by the
preaching of Jesus that He fulfilled the Law of
Moses.

Regards,

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:24:43β€―AM4/2/01
John F. Walvoord himself, once a respected dispensationalist, has this
to say: "A common interpretation has been to interpret the fig tree as
a type of Israel and the revival of Israel as the budding of the fig tree.
The fig tree could very well be a type of Israel, but it does not seem
to be so used in Scripture." He then goes on to quote passages where
the fig is used and gives an analysis of them. I can provide them if
you like. He concludes by saying, "Accordingly, though many have
followed this interpretation, there is NO SCRIPTURAL BASIS."
(emphasis added)

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:26:46β€―AM4/2/01
And according to Luke, Jesus stated
that ALL THINGS WRITTEN were to be
fulfilled when Rome sacked Jerusalem.
(Luke 21:20-24)

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:28:33β€―AM4/2/01
In <98613132...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> writes:
><sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac6b...@news1.prserv.net...
>
>> In <9860678...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net>
>writes:

<snip>

>> >Jesus said that those that see the things He was talking
>> >about would not pass away before all was fulfilled.
>> >
>> What He said was that those living at the time He spoke
>> would see all those things come to pass.
>
>He did not. And it did not happen. And don't tell me A.D. 70. The signs
>spoken of did not yet occur.

What "sign" do you claim had not occurred
prior to A.D. 70?

Regards,

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:33:16β€―AM4/2/01
In <98613132...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> writes:
><sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac6b...@news1.prserv.net...

<snip>

>> A generation is 40 years.
>>
>> It should have been fulfilled by now.
>
>Some think it is 50 years some a lifespan.

Only because "the end" didn't happen in 1988
as predicted by Lindsey, et. al.

>Besides, Jesus did not say it
>would be a generation.

Yes, He did.

It's recorded in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21.

>Jesus said the generation that saw the signs He was
>talking about would not die before all was fulfilled.

No, He didn't.

What He said was THIS generation would not pass
away until ALL THESE THINGS would be fulfilled.

The all these things includes the "signs."

To claim that it would be some future generation
that would see the signs and that it would be THAT
generation that would not pass away until ALL THESE
THINGS were fulfilled is incoherent.

Cheers,

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:36:11β€―AM4/2/01
In <3AC75CA2.C4C35357@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> writes:

<snip>

>===>That is the GENTILE Christian myth! In fact he was a leader of the
>Jewish Messianist ZEALOTS who have been opposed to Roman occupation
>ever since the uprising in by "Judas THE GALILEAN" during the time Jesus
>was growing up IN GALILEE. He was KNOWN as a "Galilean", i.e.
>a REBEL! That is why he was court martialled and crucified, FOR SEDITION!
>By the ROMANS! Reportedly along with at least two of his Zealot followers.
>
> SEE: Hyam Maccoby 's "Jesus and the Jewish Fight for Independence"

It's really difficult to find any New Testament
scholars that agree with Maccoby. Can you
name any?

Have you personally read any other opposing
views to those of Maccoby?

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:39:47β€―AM4/2/01
In <98616059...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> writes:

<snip>

>Apparently not as absurd as you in your zeal to disprove it. The ax was laid
>at the root of the tree because the Jews rejected their Messiah. The root
>still exists and the tree is now growing again and putting forth leaves. God
>cursed Israel for their adultery so what makes you think that Jesus who was
>God would not?

Then you believe that the wrath already came,
as prophecied by John the Baptizer?

Where does the church fit into this tree?

Did Jesus curse Israel for her adultery, or was
His curse for some other reason?

Not all Jews rejected Jesus as Messiah.
Were they cut off and thrown into the
fire, or was it only the unbelieving Jews?

Regards,

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:41:50β€―AM4/2/01
In <3AC7A438.EE2F6A34@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> writes:

>Today's Israel has NOTHING to do with the Israel
>Jesus was hoping to liberate.

Another point of agreement between us.

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:47:57β€―AM4/2/01
In <98616733...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> writes:
>"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
>message news:3AC7A438.EE2F6A34@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

<snip>

>> ===>The Jews did NOT "reject the Messiah". The MAN who believed he
>> could fulfill the ROLE of the Messiah had FAILED!
>
>He did not fail as evidenced by the amount of time Satanic
>people like you spend trying to discredit Him.

Ad Hominem.

Non Sequitur.

Even if Libertarius was attempting to discredit Jesus
(which I'm not sure that He is), it would not follow
that Jesus did not fail.

Even C.S. Lewis wrote that Matt 16:27-28 was the
most embarrasing passage in the New Testament.

If Jesus did not return within the lifetime of His
disciples, He failed and was a false prophet.

The difference between myself and Libertarius
is that I believe that Jesus did return as and
when He claimed He would.

Unfortunately, you are in agreement with Libertarius
that Jesus DID NOT return when He said He would.

>Whither I can use the English language to your satisfaction or not does not
>change not the fact that there is more hope for Balaam's donkey to see the
>light then there is for you.

Ad Hominem.

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 1:55:47β€―AM4/2/01
In <98617071...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> writes:
><sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac6b...@news1.prserv.net...

<snip>

>> I believe in the "God of Christianity" and I don't think
>> that there are any 'signs' pointing to the very near
>> future.
>
>Have you read my web site?

No, but I just finished _Are We Living In The End Times?_
by LaHaye and Jenkins of "Left Behind" fame, and they
manufactured enough "signs" to satisfy anyone.

>> Why should I believe you and not believe the authors
>> of the New Testament?
>
>The authors of the NT indicated that the coming of the Lord is imminent.

Where do they ever use the word "imminent"?

>In no way does my message conflict with theirs.

Sure it does, you can't BOTH be right.

Either Jesus' return was NEAR then or it is NEAR
now, but you cannot have it both ways. Not and
have NEAR have any meaning whatsoever.

Either Jesus was to return SOON then or He is
to return SOON now, but you cannot have it
both ways.

When you say NEAR and SOON and claim that
this could be the GENERATION that sees the
return of Jesus you mean these words in their
ordinary everyday usage. You don't mean by
them that His return is "imminent" and could
thus be delayed for another 2000 years.

Sorry, you cannot have it both ways.

Either they were wrong, or you are wrong.

>There has to be an end to the age sometime and Jesus
>said that those who are watching would be aware of it.

Why does there have to be an end to the age?

Daniel says that of His kingdom there will be no end.

You also need to explain which age you are talking
about and why you think that the age we are in is
the same age that Jesus spoke of as coming to an
end.

Regards,

Scott

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 9:19:12β€―AM4/2/01

<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac81...@news1.prserv.net...

> In <98616733...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net>
writes:
> >"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
> >message news:3AC7A438.EE2F6A34@Nothing_But_The.Truth...
> >

> <snip>
> >>
> >> ===>The Jews did NOT "reject the Messiah". The MAN who believed he
> >> could fulfill the ROLE of the Messiah had FAILED!
> >
> >He did not fail as evidenced by the amount of time Satanic
> >people like you spend trying to discredit Him.
> >
> Ad Hominem.
>
> Non Sequitur.
>
> Even if Libertarius was attempting to discredit Jesus
> (which I'm not sure that He is), it would not follow
> that Jesus did not fail.
>
> Even C.S. Lewis wrote that Matt 16:27-28 was the
> most embarrasing passage in the New Testament.
>
> If Jesus did not return within the lifetime of His
> disciples, He failed and was a false prophet.
>
> The difference between myself and Libertarius
> is that I believe that Jesus did return as and
> when He claimed He would.

When was that? He did return at the feast of weeks in the form of the Holy
Spirit to indwell His Church until He physically comes. The second coming
and all its prophecies will yet be fulfilled.

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 9:37:10β€―AM4/2/01

writes:

> <snip>
> >
> >Apparently not as absurd as you in your zeal to disprove it. The ax was
laid
> >at the root of the tree because the Jews rejected their Messiah. The root
> >still exists and the tree is now growing again and putting forth leaves.
God
> >cursed Israel for their adultery so what makes you think that Jesus who
was
> >God would not?
> >
> Then you believe that the wrath already came,

> as prophesied by John the Baptizer?

It came to Israel in A.D. 70.

> Where does the church fit into this tree?

There is a natural tree and a Spiritual tree. The natural tree was cut to
its roots. The Spiritual tree include all sons of Abraham. Abraham believed
God and it was counted to Him as righteousness. All people with trusting
faith in the one righteous merciful God are part of this tree. Those that
believe in Jesus are grafted in to this tree with Jewish roots.

> Did Jesus curse Israel for her adultery, or was
> His curse for some other reason?
>
> Not all Jews rejected Jesus as Messiah.
> Were they cut off and thrown into the
> fire, or was it only the unbelieving Jews?

It all pretty much comes down to the same thing. The Messiah had come and
they did not know or accept Him. Since they did not accept the salvation of
God all they had left was the curse.

Only unbelieving Jews were cut off and thrown into the fire. Those that
accepted Jesus were the foundation of the Church which is the bride of
Christ.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 9:50:45β€―AM4/2/01

<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac80...@news1.prserv.net...
What follows are all the passages with "fig tree" let all readers judge for
themselves.
As I said in other posts, I am not sure I buy what many say the parable of
the fig tree says. I know one thing it most likely is not Rome.

Don

Judges 9:10 And the trees said to the fig-tree, Come thou, and reign over
us.
Judges 9:11 But the fig-tree said unto them, Should I leave my sweetness,
and my good fruit, and go to wave to and fro over the trees?
1 Kings 4:25 And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine
and under his fig-tree, from Dan even to Beer-sheba, all the days of
Solomon.
2 Kings 18:31 Hearken not to Hezekiah: for thus saith the king of Assyria,
{1} Make your peace with me, and come out to me; and eat ye every one of his
vine, and every one of his fig-tree, and drink ye every one the waters of
his own cistern; {1) Heb Make with me a blessing}
Proverbs 27:18 Whoso keepeth the fig-tree shall eat the fruit thereof; And
he that regardeth his master shall be honored.
Song of Solomon 2:13 The fig-tree ripeneth her green figs, And the vines
are in blossom; They give forth their fragrance. Arise, my love, my fair
one, and come away.
Isaiah 34:4 And all the host of heaven shall {1} be dissolved, and the
heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll; and all their host shall fade
away, as the leaf fadeth from off the vine, and as a fading leaf from the
fig-tree. {1) Or moulder away}
Isaiah 36:16 Hearken not to Hezekiah: for thus saith the king of Assyria,
{1} Make your peace with me, and come out to me; and eat ye every one of his
vine, and every one of his fig-tree, and drink ye every one the waters of
his own cistern; {1) Heb Make with me a blessing}
Jeremiah 8:13 I will utterly consume them, saith Jehovah: there shall be
no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig-tree, and the leaf shall fade;
and {1} the things that I have given them shall pass away from them. {1) Or
I have appointed them those that shall pass over them}
Hosea 9:10 I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your fathers
as the first-ripe in the fig-tree at its first season: but they came to
Baal-peor, and {1} consecrated themselves unto the {2} shameful thing, and
became abominable like that which they loved. {1) Or separated 2) Heb shame}
Joel 1:7 He hath laid my vine waste, and {1} barked my fig-tree: he hath
made it clean bare, and cast it {2} away; the branches thereof are made
white. {1) Or broken 2) Or down}
Joel 1:12 The vine is {1} withered, and the fig-tree languisheth; the
pomegranate-tree, the palm-tree also, and the apple-tree, even all the trees
of the field are withered: for joy is {1} withered away from the sons of
men. {1) Or ashamed}
Joel 2:22 Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field; for the pastures of the
wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth its fruit, the fig-tree and the
vine do yield their strength.
Micah 4:4 But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his
fig-tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of Jehovah of hosts
hath spoken it.
Habakkuk 3:17 For though the fig-tree shall not flourish, Neither shall
fruit be in the vines; The labor of the olive shall fail, And the fields
shall yield no food; The flock shall be cut off from the fold, And there
shall be no herd in the stalls:
Haggai 2:19 Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, the vine, and the fig-tree,
and the pomegranate, and the olive-tree have not brought forth; from this
day will I bless you.
Zechariah 3:10 In that day, saith Jehovah of hosts, shall ye invite every
man his neighbor under the vine and under the fig-tree.
Matthew 21:19 And seeing {1} a fig tree by the way side, he came to it, and
found nothing thereon, but leaves only; and he saith unto it, Let there be
no fruit from thee henceforward for ever. And immediately the fig tree withe
red away. {1) Or a single }
Matthew 21:20 And when the disciples saw it, they marvelled, saying, How
did the fig tree immediately wither away?
Matthew 21:21 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you,
If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do what is done to the
fig tree, but even if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou taken up and
cast into the sea, it shall be done.
Matthew 24:32 Now from the fig tree learn her parable: when her branch is

now become tender, and putteth forth its leaves, ye know that the summer is
nigh;

Mark 11:13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply
he might find anything thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but
leaves; for it was not the season of figs.
Mark 11:20 And as they passed by in the morning, they saw the fig tree
withered away from the roots.
Mark 11:21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Rabbi, behold,
the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.
Mark 13:28 Now from the fig tree learn her parable: when her branch is now

become tender, and putteth forth its leaves, ye know that the summer is
nigh;

Luke 13:6 And he spake this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted
in his vineyard; and he came seeking fruit thereon, and found none.
Luke 13:7 And he said unto the vinedresser, Behold, these three years I
come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why doth it
also cumber the ground?
Luke 21:29 And he spake to them a parable: Behold the fig tree, and all the
trees:
John 1:48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered
and said unto him, Before Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig
tree, I saw thee.
John 1:50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw
thee underneath the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things
than these.
James 3:12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, yield olives, or a vine figs?
Neither can salt water yield sweet.
Revelation 6:13 and the stars of the heaven fell unto the earth, as a fig
tree casteth her unripe figs when she is shaken of a great wind.

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 10:02:23β€―AM4/2/01
<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac80...@news1.prserv.net...

> In <98612953...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net>

If you take those verses in context of the chapters. Jesus is talking about
the destruction of the temple, the end of the age and His second coming. In
no way was all this fulfilled in 70 A.D. For one thing many of the signs He
gave were not fulfilled in 70 A.D. Also, if you take this discourse with the
judgments in Revelation and Daniel you will find a parallel trilogy that can
only be yet future.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 10:13:10β€―AM4/2/01

<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac80...@news1.prserv.net...

What follows are some of the scriptures:

25 And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth
distress of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of the sea and the
billows;
26 men fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are
coming on the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and
great glory.
28 But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift up your
heads; because your redemption draweth nigh.
29 Ε› And he spake to them a parable: Behold the fig tree, and all the trees:
30 when they now shoot forth, ye see it and know of your own selves that
the summer is now nigh.
31 Even so ye also, when ye see these things coming to pass, know ye that
the kingdom of God is nigh.
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all
things be accomplished.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
34 But take heed to yourselves, lest haply your hearts be overcharged with
surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day come on
you suddenly as a snare:
35 for so shall it come upon all them that dwell on the face of all the
earth.
36 But watch ye at every season, making supplication, that ye may prevail
to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the
Son of man.

This has not happened and did not happen in 70 AD. You can not even apply
this to just Israel since in verse 35 it says it will come upon all that
dwell on the face of all the earth. As I said in a previous post this can
also be paralleled with Revelation and Daniel.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 10:22:54β€―AM4/2/01

<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac80...@news1.prserv.net...

> In <98613132...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net>
writes:
> ><sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac6b...@news1.prserv.net...
> >

> <snip>
>
> >> A generation is 40 years.
> >>
> >> It should have been fulfilled by now.
> >
> >Some think it is 50 years some a lifespan.
> >
> Only because "the end" didn't happen in 1988
> as predicted by Lindsey, et. al.
>

> >Besides, Jesus did not say it
> >would be a generation.
> >
> Yes, He did.
>
> It's recorded in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21.

You missed the point. People differ on what a generation is Some say 40
years, some say 50 or a lifespan. Jesus actually said the generation that
say these things would not pass away until all was fulfilled. The generation
was the people who say these things not a specific time period.

> >Jesus said the generation that saw the signs He was
> >talking about would not die before all was fulfilled.
> >
> No, He didn't.
>
> What He said was THIS generation would not pass
> away until ALL THESE THINGS would be fulfilled.
>
> The all these things includes the "signs."
>
> To claim that it would be some future generation
> that would see the signs and that it would be THAT
> generation that would not pass away until ALL THESE
> THINGS were fulfilled is incoherent.

He was telling His followers what would happen just prior to His coming not
what would happen in their generation. He told his followers it is not for
you to know the times or the seasons. This is partly because it would not
happen in their generation.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 10:49:08β€―AM4/2/01

<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac81...@news1.prserv.net...

> In <98617071...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net>
writes:
> ><sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac6b...@news1.prserv.net...
> >
> <snip>
>
> >> I believe in the "God of Christianity" and I don't think
> >> that there are any 'signs' pointing to the very near
> >> future.
> >
> >Have you read my web site?
> >
> No, but I just finished _Are We Living In The End Times?_
> by LaHaye and Jenkins of "Left Behind" fame, and they
> manufactured enough "signs" to satisfy anyone.
>

> >> Why should I believe you and not believe the authors
> >> of the New Testament?
> >
> >The authors of the NT indicated that the coming of the Lord is imminent.
> >
> Where do they ever use the word "imminent"?

Who cares if they used the word! the teaching of the NT is that they should
be waiting for the Lords return at any time.

> >In no way does my message conflict with theirs.
> >
> Sure it does, you can't BOTH be right.
>
> Either Jesus' return was NEAR then or it is NEAR
> now, but you cannot have it both ways. Not and
> have NEAR have any meaning whatsoever.
>
> Either Jesus was to return SOON then or He is
> to return SOON now, but you cannot have it
> both ways.
>
> When you say NEAR and SOON and claim that
> this could be the GENERATION that sees the
> return of Jesus you mean these words in their
> ordinary everyday usage. You don't mean by
> them that His return is "imminent" and could
> thus be delayed for another 2000 years.
>
> Sorry, you cannot have it both ways.
>
> Either they were wrong, or you are wrong.

Neither they or I am wrong. Jesus could come at any time for His Church no
signs need preceed that. The signs are for Israel. A day is as a thousand
years with the Lord so the time was near then and it is nearer now. We can
now see the signs of the fulfillment of the prophecies about the end of the
age and the restored Jewish kingdom so we can be certain that the time is
very very near and will likely occur in this generation.

> >There has to be an end to the age sometime and Jesus
> >said that those who are watching would be aware of it.
> >
> Why does there have to be an end to the age?

Because Jesus said there would be.

Matthew 13:39 and the enemy that sowed them is the devil: and the harvest
is {1} the end of the world; and the reapers are angels. {1) Or the
consummation of the age}
Matthew 13:40 As therefore the tares are gathered up and burned with fire;
so shall it be in {1} the end of the world. {1) Or the consummation of the
age}
Matthew 13:49 So shall it be in {1} the end of the world: the angels shall
come forth, and sever the wicked from among the righteous, {1) Or the
consummation of the age}
Matthew 24:3 And as he sat on the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto
him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall
be the sign of thy {1} coming, and of {2} the end of the world? {1) Gr
presence 2) Or the consummation of the age}
Matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded
you: and lo, I am with you {1} always, even unto {2} the end of the world.
{1) Gr all the days 2) Or the consummation of the age}

> Daniel says that of His kingdom there will be no end.
>
> You also need to explain which age you are talking
> about and why you think that the age we are in is
> the same age that Jesus spoke of as coming to an
> end.

There will be no end to His kingdom.

The age He is talking about is the time we are living in prior to the next
one It can also be called the age of grace where salvation is given to
anyone who believes. It is also the times of the gentiles. The next age is
the restored Jewish kingdom where He will rule on earth for a thousand
years. Following that age there is the judgement and eternal age.

Don

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 11:42:03β€―AM4/2/01
Which of the following do you think referred
to His "coming" at the feast of weeks?

Matt 10:23.

Matt 16:28.

Matt 24:34.

Matt 25:13.

Matt 25:31.

Matt 26:64.

John 21:22.

When/where did Jesus ever say His Parousia
would be in His flesh?

regards,

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 11:53:26β€―AM4/2/01
Which of the above do you claim are "signs"
and which of them do you claim were not
fulfilled by A.D. 70?

Is the passing away of heaven and earth one
of the signs?

In the Greek the same word is used for both
Earth and Land. The translator must choose
which he thinks is the correct translation based
upon the context. The KJV translators did not
always do the best job.

In Luke, it's translated as "land":

KJV Luke 21:23 But woe unto them that are with
child, and to them that give suck, in those days!
for there shall be great distress in the land, and
wrath upon this people.

You already admitted that this was fulfilled in
A.D. 70.

Why do you doubt the rest of what Jesus said?

KJV Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance,
that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Here's another example of the KJV's mistranslation
of earth/land:

KJV James 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions
as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain:
and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years
and six months.

Are we really supposed to believe that it didn't rain on
the whole earth for three and a half years?

regards,

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 2, 2001, 12:05:05β€―PM4/2/01
In <98622155...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> writes:

><sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac80...@news1.prserv.net...
>> In <98613132...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net>
>writes:
>> ><sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac6b...@news1.prserv.net...
>> >

>> <snip>

>> >Some think it is 50 years some a lifespan.
>> >
>> Only because "the end" didn't happen in 1988
>> as predicted by Lindsey, et. al.
>>

>> >Besides, Jesus did not say it
>> >would be a generation.
>> >
>> Yes, He did.
>>
>> It's recorded in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21.
>
>You missed the point. People differ on what a generation is Some say 40
>years, some say 50 or a lifespan. Jesus actually said the generation that
>say these things would not pass away until all was fulfilled. The generation
>was the people who say these things not a specific time period.

And you miss the point. You claimed:

>> > Besides, Jesus did not say it
>> > would be a generation.

Then you went on to contradict yourself:

> Jesus actually said the generation that saw these

> things would not pass away until all was fulfilled.

Obviously it would occur within a generation.

>> >Jesus said the generation that saw the signs He was
>> >talking about would not die before all was fulfilled.
>> >
>> No, He didn't.
>>
>> What He said was THIS generation would not pass
>> away until ALL THESE THINGS would be fulfilled.
>>
>> The all these things includes the "signs."
>>
>> To claim that it would be some future generation
>> that would see the signs and that it would be THAT
>> generation that would not pass away until ALL THESE
>> THINGS were fulfilled is incoherent.
>
>He was telling His followers what would happen just prior to His coming not
>what would happen in their generation. He told his followers it is not for
>you to know the times or the seasons. This is partly because it would not
>happen in their generation.

Why doesn't His statement to His followers that it
is not for them to know the times or the seasons
apply to our generation?

And if it applies to our generation, then by your
own reasoning, Jesus tells us this because it's
not going to happen in our generation.

How can you pick and choose which passages
only apply to the first century disciples and
which passages apply to us?

Why should I believe that Jesus told the Pharisees
what would happen in their generation, but He did
not tell the disciples what would happen in THEIR
generation?

And why should I believe that He was told His
disciples that what He was telling them would
not come to pass in their generation when we
know for a fact that what He was telling them
did in fact happen within a generation (within
THEIR generation)?

KJV Matthew 24:2 And Jesus said unto them,
See ye not all these things? verily I say unto
you, There shall not be left here one stone
upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

This happened in THEIR generation. From this
I can conclude that Jesus told them things that
were to happen in THEIR generation and that He
certainly did not tell them "it is not for you to know
the times or the seasons" because these things
were not going to happen in their generation.

regards,

Scott

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 1:39:47β€―PM4/2/01

<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac89...@news1.prserv.net...

What is this multiple guess???

> When/where did Jesus ever say His Parousia
> would be in His flesh?

Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with
power and great glory.

Acts 1:11 who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into
heaven? this Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come
in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with
his angels; and then shall he render unto every man according to his {1}
deeds. {1) Gr doing}

Matthew 24:30 and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:
and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son
of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 25:31 But when the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the
angels with him, then shall he sit on the throne of his glory

> Malachi 3:2 But who can abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand
when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fuller's soap

and many more OT and NT scriptures.

Libertarius

Apr 2, 2001, 1:55:34β€―PM4/2/01

===>S.G.F. Brandon: JESUS AND THE ZEALOTS and THE TRIAL OF JESUS OF
NAZARETH;
Rudolf Bultman: JESUS CHRIST AND MYTHOLOGY; Joel Carmichael: THE DEATH
OF
JESUS; Robert Eisler: THE MESSIAH JESUS AND JOHN THE BAPTIST; Joseph
Klausner:
THE MESSIANIC IDEA IN ISRAEL; Johannes Lehmann: RABBI J.; Hugh J
Schonfield:
THE JESUS PARTY; and many others.

> Have you personally read any other opposing
> views to those of Maccoby?

===>Yes, of course.

> Scott

Libertarius

Apr 2, 2001, 2:03:05β€―PM4/2/01
sc...@home.com wrote:

> In <98616733...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> writes:
> >"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
> >message news:3AC7A438.EE2F6A34@Nothing_But_The.Truth...
> >

> <snip>
> >>
> >> ===>The Jews did NOT "reject the Messiah". The MAN who believed he
> >> could fulfill the ROLE of the Messiah had FAILED!
> >
> >He did not fail as evidenced by the amount of time Satanic
> >people like you spend trying to discredit Him.
> >
> Ad Hominem.
>
> Non Sequitur.
>
> Even if Libertarius was attempting to discredit Jesus
> (which I'm not sure that He is), it would not follow
> that Jesus did not fail.

===>You are absolutely correct and he is totally FALSE.
He feels "discredited", as he should.
Recognizing Jesus and crediting him
for what he REALLY was, rather than what
Saul/Paul and his Gentile Mystery Cult
made him out to be,
does in NO WAY "discredit" Jesus.

Libertarius

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 2:07:38β€―PM4/2/01

<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac8a...@news1.prserv.net...

Why do I have to repeat myself?

25 And there shall be signs in sun and moon and stars; and upon the earth
distress of nations, in perplexity for the roaring of the sea and the
billows;
26 men fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are
coming on the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and
great glory.

35 for so shall it come upon all them that dwell on the face of all the
earth.

> Is the passing away of heaven and earth one
> of the signs?
>
> In the Greek the same word is used for both
> Earth and Land. The translator must choose
> which he thinks is the correct translation based
> upon the context. The KJV translators did not
> always do the best job.
>
> In Luke, it's translated as "land":
>
> KJV Luke 21:23 But woe unto them that are with
> child, and to them that give suck, in those days!
> for there shall be great distress in the land, and
> wrath upon this people.
>
> You already admitted that this was fulfilled in
> A.D. 70.

I did not. There was a partial fulfillment for Isreal in 70 A.D. but if you
look in verse 35 it must come to all who dwell on the earth

> Why do you doubt the rest of what Jesus said?

It will all come to pass.

> KJV Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance,
> that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

All thinks written have not been fulfilled. Try reading the prophets and
Revelation.

> Here's another example of the KJV's mistranslation
> of earth/land:

> KJV James 5:17 Elias was a man subject to like passions
> as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain:
> and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years
> and six months.
>
> Are we really supposed to believe that it didn't rain on
> the whole earth for three and a half years?

Who cares if it was the whole earth or just the land of Isreal?

The point is, the bible is full of scriptures that have yet to be fulfilled.
Your believing that they were all fulfilled is quite short sighted and in
error.

What is your point anyway. Do you think the kingdom has been here for 2000
years? Is this your paradise or do you think we will bring it in? If you do
you need to get a reality check the world is getting more and more evil.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 2:47:40β€―PM4/2/01
<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac8a...@news1.prserv.net...

Not the way you apply it (40 years), it will occur in the lifespan of the
people old enough to have observed these things. You just said a generation
was 40 years. People live to be 70 and 80 years old. You can not have it
both ways. forty years is not 50 or 60 years. For example if everyone was 20
when it began there still would be another 50 or 60 years before the bulk of
this people passed away.

> >> No, He didn't.
> >>
> >> What He said was THIS generation would not pass
> >> away until ALL THESE THINGS would be fulfilled.
> >>
> >> The all these things includes the "signs."
> >>
> >> To claim that it would be some future generation
> >> that would see the signs and that it would be THAT
> >> generation that would not pass away until ALL THESE
> >> THINGS were fulfilled is incoherent.
> >
> >He was telling His followers what would happen just prior to His coming
not
> >what would happen in their generation. He told his followers it is not
for
> >you to know the times or the seasons. This is partly because it would not
> >happen in their generation.
> >
> Why doesn't His statement to His followers that it
> is not for them to know the times or the seasons
> apply to our generation?

> And if it applies to our generation, then by your
> own reasoning, Jesus tells us this because it's
> not going to happen in our generation.

He said that those who are watching would be aware of the general time of
His coming. He said that day would not come upon us like a thief. He said we
are of the light not of darkness that that day would come on us unaware. He
said when you see these things coming upon the earth look up for your
redeemsion draws near.

> How can you pick and choose which passages
> only apply to the first century disciples and
> which passages apply to us?

It is not an easy thing to do and takes much study. That is why there are so
many using passages wrong. You must examine everything in the light of the
entire bible. You must also understand that there is a difference between
God's covenant with Israel and the covenant with His bride. Many take
scriptures that are meant for Israel and apply them wrongly to the Church.
You must have a clear picture of the role and purpose of the bride of Christ
to apply many scriptures correctly. There are many OT pictures stories that
help as well as Paul writings. If you just read the gospels you will miss it
because Jesus at that time only came to the Jews.

> Why should I believe that Jesus told the Pharisees
> what would happen in their generation, but He did
> not tell the disciples what would happen in THEIR
> generation?

I just told you He said it was not for them to know the time or season.

> And why should I believe that He was told His
> disciples that what He was telling them would
> not come to pass in their generation when we
> know for a fact that what He was telling them
> did in fact happen within a generation (within
> THEIR generation)?

You do not know this for a fact! Most of what He said did not happen unless
you play word games and distort history to fit your theory.

> KJV Matthew 24:2 And Jesus said unto them,
> See ye not all these things? verily I say unto
> you, There shall not be left here one stone
> upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
>
> This happened in THEIR generation. From this
> I can conclude that Jesus told them things that
> were to happen in THEIR generation and that He
> certainly did not tell them "it is not for you to know
> the times or the seasons" because these things
> were not going to happen in their generation.

He certainly did!

They were asking about the restoration of the kingdom of Israel. Not the
destruction of the temple.

Here is the scripture.

6 ΒΆ They therefore, when they were come together, asked him, saying, Lord,
dost thou at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know times or seasons, which
the Father hath {1} set within His own authority. {1) Or appointed by}

Don

ollyk

Apr 2, 2001, 3:21:23β€―PM4/2/01
We saw the Chornobyl accident and the Gulf War. My estimate is that we will
see World War III within our generation. WWIII is mentioned in the Book of
Revelation. WWIII is known as the sixth trumpet in Revelation.

Ole Marius Kristensen
olema...@yahoo.no

Aaron Potts wrote:

> I have to agree with you there.
>
> Aaron Potts
>
> "Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
> message news:3AC5340A.3845B033@Nothing_But_The.Truth...
> > Don Koenig wrote:
> >
> > > It is pretty clear to me that we will. For world trends that indicate
> that
> > > we are near the end of the age see www.thepropheticyears.com
> >
> > ===>It has been "pretty clear" to many other people, over and over,
> > for several centuries, each one firmly believing that those so-called
> > "prophecies" applied to them and their time!
> >
> > Libertarius

Libertarius

Apr 2, 2001, 3:30:41β€―PM4/2/01

===>There is every reason to see the Fig Tree as a symbol of the hated
Rome ("Babylon" of the Apocalypse). This symbolism would not have been
known to the Hebrew writers, but certainly during the Roman occupation
it would have been obvious to most people. The quotation from James
shows that the Fig Tree was considered distinct from both of the symbols
of Israel, i.e. the Olive Tree and the Vine.

Libertarius

Libertarius

ollyk

Apr 2, 2001, 3:29:55β€―PM4/2/01
The end game started in the beginning of the last century, I see Titanic as
being the sign of time that marks the start of it all, saying the world does
not know what it is about to do. WWI was the first trumpet of Revelation, and
we are currently awaiting the sixth. How many more years this will take, I
don't know, but I do believe I will witness it.

Ole Marius Kristensen
mailto:olema...@yahoo.no

Don Koenig wrote:

> [...]

> > > Maybe, Let people read the signs and trends and judge for themselves. I
> am
> > > convinced that the time is near and preach that to anyone with ears to
> > hear.
> > > I do not care if the deaf miss it.

> were
> > > back
> > but
> > > if
> > > future.

> > its
> > are
> > >
> > > That is your opinion and your opinion should have no weight with
> > Christians
> > > since you are a non- believer and attack the faith constantly. In fact
> > your
> > > attacking what I say makes the truth of what I say more valid.

> > > We do not have an end. And the world will not have a end. It will have a

Libertarius

Apr 2, 2001, 4:14:16β€―PM4/2/01

===>Some fantasies, especially if based on scientific projection, may be
likely
to materialize in some future time, but NOT all, especially not the ones
based on religious and political wishes.

Libertarius

Libertarius

Apr 2, 2001, 4:16:06β€―PM4/2/01

===>And NEVER WILL!

Libertarius

I, Borg

Apr 2, 2001, 4:57:56β€―PM4/2/01
fulfill what scripture? I keep hearing this but nobody ever says what
scripture.

> "Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
> message news:3AC6B88D.E47DB9C@Nothing_But_The.Truth...
> > sc...@home.com wrote:
> >

> > > In <9a68sf$hgu$1...@newstest.laserlink.net>, "Aaron Potts"
<g...@amexol.net>
> abilities
> then
> about.
> Only God

> > > Frankly, Jesus doesn't talk about the end of
> > > the world. Check any modern translation.
> > >
> > > What He talks about is "the end of the age."
> > >
> > > What age was coming to a close when Jesus
> > > was preaching?
> >
> > ===>He was hoping to bring about the end of the age of Rome's
> > divine emperors and their occupation of his country.
> >
> Nonsense, He came to die for the sins of mankind and fulfill scripture.
>

> Don

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 4:55:16β€―PM4/2/01

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC8BED9.352E5D35@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

I am sure you will find out if you discredit him very shortly

Don

I, Borg

Apr 2, 2001, 5:04:24β€―PM4/2/01
Hmmm... sounds like alien invasion to me...

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC8DE06.F896167F@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 5:04:35β€―PM4/2/01

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC8D361.CF9E7F49@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

If your theory is correct under the same premise that some people use the
parable of the fig tree. It would mean that when the Roman empire revives
and begins to expand again the generation that saw it would not pass away
until all was fulfilled. We are that generation as well.

Don

Aaron Potts

Apr 2, 2001, 5:23:38β€―PM4/2/01
And what do Chernobyl and Gulf War have to do with biblical prophecy?

Aaron Potts

"ollyk" <ol...@online.no> wrote in message

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 6:33:55β€―PM4/2/01
All prophetic scripture in the new OT and the NT that need to be fulfilled.
There are hundreds of them.
"I, Borg" <do...@wishUk.new> wrote in message

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 6:35:37β€―PM4/2/01
Part of it will be. Look at www.thepropheticyears.com the alien link.

"I, Borg" <do...@wishUk.new> wrote in message

Libertarius

Apr 2, 2001, 6:50:26β€―PM4/2/01

===>It is interesting and quite revealing that the Christos Cult
not only deprived the Jews of a hero killed by
the enemy Romans, exonerated the Romans, and finally even
identified them with "God"! (See Romans 13). It was not the Romans,
according to you guys, but the "God" Christos himself who
came to destroy Jerusalem and the Temple. WOW!
No wonder it took centuries and a great deal of editing before the
anti-Roman Zealot-Ebionite book of the Apocalypse could be reluctantly
accepted by the Church.

Libertarius

tim gueguen

Apr 2, 2001, 6:44:25β€―PM4/2/01

> And what do Chernobyl and Gulf War have to do with biblical prophecy?

Chernobyl has been interpreted as being connected with this passage in
Revelation 8:

"And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven,
burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers,
and upon the fountains of waters; and the name of the star is called
Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men
died of the waters, because they were made bitter."

Chernobyl can supposedly be translated as wormwood, altho' I seem to
remember reading some debate over whether that is a proper Ukranian
translation of the name.

tim gueguen 101867

Aaron Potts

Apr 2, 2001, 7:04:31β€―PM4/2/01
I guess. Problem is, it sounds like an iridium- or exotic compound-tainted
asteroid to me, especially since it was a "great star falling from heaven"
(a very big meteor, meaning problably asteroid), and it was "burning as if
it were a lamp." To me, this sounds like in the end times there'll be an
asteroid impact, which could happen any time now. In addition, the death
toll from Chernobyl, while still far too high (one death is too many), was
not that high.

I'm still confused about the Gulf War being in prophecy, though.

Aaron Potts

"tim gueguen" <ad...@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca> wrote in message

Aaron Potts

Apr 2, 2001, 7:12:23β€―PM4/2/01
::groans:: Oh, no... now they're connecting aliens with Revelations... Next
you know Libertarius' lovechild will the the antichrist/Anti-Holy Fuzzy
Bunny.

Aaron Potts

"Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> wrote in message

Aaron Potts

Apr 2, 2001, 7:14:22β€―PM4/2/01
According to the NIV text note on that passage, "generation" can also be
"race." Just thought I'd mention that.

Aaron Potts

<sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac80...@news1.prserv.net...
> In <98613132...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net>
writes:
> ><sc...@home.com> wrote in message news:3ac6b...@news1.prserv.net...
> >

> <snip>
>
> >> A generation is 40 years.
> >>
> >> It should have been fulfilled by now.
> >
> >Some think it is 50 years some a lifespan.
> >
> Only because "the end" didn't happen in 1988
> as predicted by Lindsey, et. al.
>

> >Besides, Jesus did not say it
> >would be a generation.
> >
> Yes, He did.
>
> It's recorded in Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21.
>

> >Jesus said the generation that saw the signs He was
> >talking about would not die before all was fulfilled.
> >
> No, He didn't.
>
> What He said was THIS generation would not pass
> away until ALL THESE THINGS would be fulfilled.
>
> The all these things includes the "signs."
>
> To claim that it would be some future generation
> that would see the signs and that it would be THAT
> generation that would not pass away until ALL THESE
> THINGS were fulfilled is incoherent.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Scott

Dramar Ankalle

Apr 2, 2001, 7:14:14β€―PM4/2/01
Scoot must be incoherent.The gospel hadnt been preached to the ends of the
earth yet, and that was one of the prerequisites, so it is talking about *at
least* a time as it was preached throughout the world.Again, a duality in
the destruction of Jerusalem and an end time.

Aaron Potts <g...@amexol.net> wrote in message

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 8:31:19β€―PM4/2/01

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC90232.E978BC9B@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

The Romans destroyed the temple, God allowed it since they did not accept
the provision He provided for mercy, Jesus Christ.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 8:33:10β€―PM4/2/01
And what do you think is the great deception that the whole world will
believe?

"Aaron Potts" <g...@amexol.net> wrote in message

Aaron Potts

Apr 2, 2001, 8:50:41β€―PM4/2/01
I was wondering whether it might very well be secular humanism. I don't know
for sure. All I can say is that the likelihood of aliens invading is pretty
low; we're a pretty low-tech society compared to any society that would be
spacefaring, and our natural resources are fast being exhausted. Earth is
actually a pretty poor place to invade; I'd go for Mercury for metals
mining, the moons of Jupiter and Saturn for organics, and the Kuiper Belt
and Oort Cloud for water.

Aaron Potts

"Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> wrote in message

Don Koenig

Apr 2, 2001, 8:58:17β€―PM4/2/01
I am suggesting demons or fallen angels pretending to be aliens with a
different message then the one the bible gives. The obsession with UFO's and
Alien encounters that we see today could be setting the stage for the
deception.

"Aaron Potts" <g...@amexol.net> wrote in message

Aaron Potts

Apr 2, 2001, 10:13:23β€―PM4/2/01
::dawns on Aaron:: AHHH! Now I get it! Thanks.

Aaron Potts

"Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> wrote in message

pi'

Apr 3, 2001, 9:46:04β€―AM4/3/01
You are wise to not label anything until you've checked it out personally.
Mail me and I will give you a taste that will whet your appetite for more........guarenteed Aaron.
Pete....

"Aaron Potts" <g...@amexol.net> wrote in message news:9a68ma$h08$1...@newstest.laserlink.net...
> I have to wonder the same thing, though I hesitate to label any book as
> nonsensical until I know more about it.
>
> By the way, what's Saskatoon, Saskatchewan like?

> Aaron Potts
>
> "tim gueguen" <ad...@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca> wrote in message

> > "pi'" <corner...@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > >I agree too, but I also disagree due to the "other" bible written in
> stone.
> > >The pyramid is very clear as to the time of the end
> >
> > And what nonsensical book did you get this nonsense from?
> >
> > tim gueguen 101867

sc...@home.com

Apr 3, 2001, 11:34:33β€―AM4/3/01
In <9ab115$gbu$1...@nntp9.atl.mindspring.net>, "Dramar Ankalle" <mika...@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>Scott must be incoherent.The gospel hadnt been preached to the ends of the

>earth yet, and that was one of the prerequisites, so it is talking about *at
>least* a time as it was preached throughout the world.Again, a duality in
>the destruction of Jerusalem and an end time.

Where does scripture say that the gospel must
be preached to the ends of the earth?

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 3, 2001, 11:39:44β€―AM4/3/01
In <9ab0tl$h6v$1...@newstest.laserlink.net>, "Aaron Potts" <g...@amexol.net> writes:

>According to the NIV text note on that passage, "generation"
>can also be "race." Just thought I'd mention that.
>
>Aaron Potts

Yes, I am aware of this claim, but why then
didn't the NIV translate the word as "race"?
Why did they choose "generation"?

Also, can you find any other passages in the
New Testament where "generation" is translated
as "race," or even more specifically, where "this
generation" is translated as "this race."

Plug "race" into the following passage in Matthew
and see if it makes sense to you:

KJV Matthew 1:17 So all the generations from Abraham
to David are fourteen generations; and from David until
the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations;
and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are
fourteen generations.

Regards,

Scott

Libertarius

Apr 3, 2001, 11:38:12β€―AM4/3/01

===>Don and others are still confusing Jesus with the Savior God of
the Mystery Religion.

Libertarius

Libertarius

Apr 3, 2001, 11:40:46β€―AM4/3/01

===>It is YOU who are "discrediting" that MAN who gave his
life for the cause of liberating his people from foreign
domination, by equating him with the Savior God of the
PAGAN Mystery Religion!

Libertarius

> Don

sc...@home.com

Apr 3, 2001, 11:49:40β€―AM4/3/01
In <3AC90232.E978BC9B@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> writes:

<snip>

>===>It is interesting and quite revealing that the Christos
>Cult not only deprived the Jews of a hero killed by the
>enemy Romans,

Why then don't the Jews see Him as a hero?

Perhaps they deprive themselves.

>... exonerated the Romans,

Says who?

See Rev 1:7; 19:19-21.

>... and finally even identified them with "God"! (See Romans 13).

Why do you find it so unusual that armies
used by God to accomplish His purposes
are identified with God?

Don't you know your Hebrew scriptures?

>It was not the Romans,
>according to you guys, but the "God" Christos himself who
>came to destroy Jerusalem and the Temple. WOW!

Where did I ever say this?

I said that beast was Rome and that it was
Rome who burned Jerusalem with fire.

This does not mean that Rome was not
accomplishing God's purposes. Rev 17:17.

> No wonder it took centuries and a great deal of editing before the
>anti-Roman Zealot-Ebionite book of the Apocalypse could be reluctantly
>accepted by the Church.

So you agree then that Revelation is anti-Roman?

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 3, 2001, 11:51:33β€―AM4/3/01
In <9aaqe3$o7a$1...@newstest.laserlink.net>, "Aaron Potts" <g...@amexol.net> writes:

>And what do Chernobyl and Gulf War have to do with biblical prophecy?

Absolutely nothing.

regards

sc...@home.com

Apr 3, 2001, 11:54:42β€―AM4/3/01
In <98624510...@news.accessus.net>, "Don Koenig" <dko...@semo.net> writes:

>"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
>message news:3AC8BED9.352E5D35@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

<snip>

>> ===>You are absolutely correct and he is totally FALSE.
>> He feels "discredited", as he should.
>> Recognizing Jesus and crediting him
>> for what he REALLY was, rather than what
>> Saul/Paul and his Gentile Mystery Cult
>> made him out to be,
>> does in NO WAY "discredit" Jesus.
>
>I am sure you will find out if you discredit him very shortly

Do you mean "shortly" in the literal sense
or in the biblical sense?

Scott

sc...@home.com

Apr 3, 2001, 11:58:37β€―AM4/3/01
In <3AC8DE06.F896167F@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> writes:
>Don Koenig wrote:

<snip>

>> This has not happened and did not happen in 70 AD.
>
>===>And NEVER WILL!

See Don, you are in agreement with Libertarius that
all these things have not come to pass.

The only difference is that you think that some day
they will come to pass, even though it's been almost
2000 years now, whereas he thinks they never will
come to pass.

In a sense I am in agreement with him that they will
not come to pass in the future, but that is only because
all these things came to pass when Jesus said they would,
within the lifetime of those who were hearing Him speak.

Scott

Don Koenig

Apr 3, 2001, 11:48:13β€―AM4/3/01

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC9EEFE.DD753202@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

That man was God and they did not know Him when He became flesh and you do
not know Him.

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 3, 2001, 11:50:24β€―AM4/3/01

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC9EE64.1B9AD335@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

We are not confused we know whom we serve. Jesus Is God.

Libertarius

Apr 3, 2001, 12:06:41β€―PM4/3/01
Dramar Ankalle wrote:

> Scoot must be incoherent.The gospel hadnt been preached to the ends of the
> earth yet, and that was one of the prerequisites, so it is talking about *at
> least* a time as it was preached throughout the world.Again, a duality in
> the destruction of Jerusalem and an end time.

===>The Earth being a SPHERE, it will NEVER reach the "end of the
Earth".
The NT writers didn't know that.

Libertarius

==========================

Libertarius

Apr 3, 2001, 12:19:05β€―PM4/3/01

===>I know. That is the anti-Jewish explanation.
But in fact "God" did not show up on the Mount of Olives as
suggested by Zechariah, otherwise Jesus would have
succeeded in accomplishing his mission of liberating his people,
as he indicated according to his application of Isaiah 61-62
to himself. Instead, according to you guys, "God" supported
the GENTILE Romans in letting them kill Jesus and "allowing"
them to destroy Jerusalem and his Temple!

Libertarius

Libertarius

Apr 3, 2001, 12:22:41β€―PM4/3/01
Don Koenig wrote:

> And what do you think is the great deception that the whole world will
> believe?

===>Well, for one thing, a great deception is that Jesus was not
a revolutionary hero of the Jews but an incarnate savior god for
their enemies, the Gentiles. Another deception is that all those
books written by various men and compiled by other men into a
collection called "Bible" are the "Word of God".

Libertarius

=====================================

ollyk

Apr 3, 2001, 12:46:31β€―PM4/3/01

Aaron Potts wrote:

> And what do Chernobyl and Gulf War have to do with biblical prophecy?

The Book of Revelation speeks of both disasters. Read Revelation 8:10
(Chornobyl means wormwood, and an atomic meltdown can be likened to a
falling/dying star). After that, read Revelation 9:1-12. The fifth trumpet is
the Gulf war described in detail. Just to top it all, Saddam has the same
meaning as Abaddon and Apollyon -- the destroyer.

By the way: the first trump is WWI, the second is WW2, the fourth is internet,
the sixth is WWIII and the seventh is the great war in heaven.

Ole Marius Kristensen
mailto:olema...@yahoo.no

> Aaron Potts
>
> "ollyk" <ol...@online.no> wrote in message
> > We saw the Chornobyl accident and the Gulf War. My estimate is that we
> will
> > see World War III within our generation. WWIII is mentioned in the Book of
> > Revelation. WWIII is known as the sixth trumpet in Revelation.
> >
> > Ole Marius Kristensen
> > olema...@yahoo.no
> >
> > Aaron Potts wrote:
> >
> > > I have to agree with you there.
> > >
> > > Aaron Potts
> > >
> > > "Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
> > > message news:3AC5340A.3845B033@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

> indicate
> > > that

ollyk

Apr 3, 2001, 12:50:21β€―PM4/3/01

Don Koenig wrote:

> All prophetic scripture in the new OT and the NT that need to be fulfilled.
> There are hundreds of them.

The Law and the Prophets (the books of Mose and the prophecies of OT)
prophecied until John. Luke 16:16

ollyk

Apr 3, 2001, 1:06:21β€―PM4/3/01

sc...@home.com wrote:

They will see and hear, but will be like a deaf and blind man witnessing a
miracle. He won't understand nothing.

> regards

Don Koenig

Apr 3, 2001, 2:19:00β€―PM4/3/01
The first vial is hoof in mouth disease (-;

"ollyk" <ol...@online.no> wrote in message

Don Koenig

Apr 3, 2001, 2:45:18β€―PM4/3/01
"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC9F7F9.D3699983@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

He came to die that was the will of the Father. Only God could fulfill the
requirements of the law. Since He was God the grave could not hold Him and
He is alive. Yes, the Romans carried out the execution, but because He died
for the sins of the whole world we are all guilty. Because we all guilty we
all need to accept the free gift of forgiveness that Jesus offers to all who
will accept His atoning sacrifice. Those that do will inherit the new
creation that started when He came out of the grave and will go with Him
into eternity. Those that do not have rejected the God of creation and will
have no part in it.

> Libertarius

Don Koenig

Apr 3, 2001, 2:54:27β€―PM4/3/01
"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC9F8D1.383D4FFC@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

> Don Koenig wrote:
> >
> > And what do you think is the great deception that the whole world will
> > believe?
>
> ===>Well, for one thing, a great deception is that Jesus was not
> a revolutionary hero of the Jews but an incarnate savior god for
> their enemies, the Gentiles. Another deception is that all those
> books written by various men and compiled by other men into a
> collection called "Bible" are the "Word of God".

So who asked you?

Besides, you can not claim to know what the deception is if you do not even
believe that there will be one. If you claim the books are not the "Word of
God" then why try to tell us what the deception is that is written in the
"Word of God"?

Don

Don Koenig

Apr 3, 2001, 3:02:07β€―PM4/3/01
It does not say that. What it says is "Matthew 24:14 And {1} this gospel of
the kingdom shall be preached in the whole {2} world for a testimony unto
all the nations; and then shall the end come. {1) Or these good tidings 2)
Gr inhabited earth}"

This is probably not even the gospel of grace that we preach. It is the
gospel of the kingdom. It will be preached by Jews after the Church is
removed.

Don

"Libertarius" <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
message news:3AC9F511.F48E9E75@Nothing_But_The.Truth...

Libertarius

Apr 3, 2001, 4:03:39β€―PM4/3/01
sc...@home.com wrote:

> In <3AC90232.E978BC9B@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius <The_Truth_The_Whole_Truth@Nothing_But_The.Truth> writes:
> >
> <snip>
> >
> >===>It is interesting and quite revealing that the Christos
> >Cult not only deprived the Jews of a hero killed by the
> >enemy Romans,
> >
> Why then don't the Jews see Him as a hero?

===>Many of them did, as revealed even in the Christian "New Testament".
And many still do.

> Perhaps they deprive themselves.

===>Of what? They had many failed would-be messiahs.

> >... exonerated the Romans,
> >
> Says who?
>
> See Rev 1:7; 19:19-21.
>
> >... and finally even identified them with "God"! (See Romans 13).
> >
> Why do you find it so unusual that armies
> used by God to accomplish His purposes
> are identified with God?

===>They only accomplished the purpose of the Roman Empire. But it is an
insult to the IDEA of the Hebrew "God" to assume that that "God" took
the
side of the Romans in the Jewish fight for freedom!

> Don't you know your Hebrew scriptures?

===>Of course I do.

> >It was not the Romans,
> >according to you guys, but the "God" Christos himself who
> >came to destroy Jerusalem and the Temple. WOW!
> >
> Where did I ever say this?

===>It was/is claimed by many biblicists that the destruction
of Jerusalem and the Temple was the "second coming".

> I said that beast was Rome and that it was
> Rome who burned Jerusalem with fire.
>
> This does not mean that Rome was not
> accomplishing God's purposes. Rev 17:17.

===>It is predicting that the "ten kings" will turn against the
empire. Wishful thinking.

> > No wonder it took centuries and a great deal of editing before the
> >anti-Roman Zealot-Ebionite book of the Apocalypse could be reluctantly
> >accepted by the Church.
> >
> So you agree then that Revelation is anti-Roman?

===>Yes, against 1st century Rome, ORIGINALLY.
But it was extensively edited to make it less obviously so.

> You seem to be contradicting yourself.

===>Not at all. I only point to the WHOLE truth, as usual, which
biblicists, concentrating on bits and pieces and ignoring the
CONTEXT, especially the cultural and historical context, find so
difficult to see.

Libertarius

Libertarius

Apr 3, 2001, 4:06:36β€―PM4/3/01

===>Give or take a few million years. -- L.

Libertarius

Apr 3, 2001, 4:08:19β€―PM4/3/01

===>You are even more wrong than he is. -- L.

It is loading more messages.