Cashless society?

Skeeter

Jul 19, 2020, 6:01:58 PM7/19/20
For or against?

Discuss. Remember, with cashless no strippers.

%

Jul 19, 2020, 6:06:45 PM7/19/20
On 2020-07-19 3:01 p.m., Skeeter wrote:
> For or against?
>
> Discuss. Remember, with cashless no strippers.

whatever would i throw in the wishing well

vallor

Jul 19, 2020, 6:22:45 PM7/19/20
On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 16:01:55 -0600, Skeeter wrote:

> For or against?
>
> Discuss. Remember, with cashless no strippers.

Gotta have cash, but...

Future cash has _got_ to be inherently antibiotic.

--
-v https://theproblemisextremism.org

Janithor

Jul 19, 2020, 6:28:17 PM7/19/20
x-no-archive: yes

On 7/19/2020 3:01 PM, Skeeter wrote:
> For or against?
>
> Discuss. Remember, with cashless no strippers.

Doesn't matter, it will be decided by actual use. I don't like cash
because it's a pain in the ass to keep track of. With my debit card
it's all recorded and easy to see where my money went.

Skeeter

Jul 19, 2020, 6:29:24 PM7/19/20
good catch

vallor

Jul 19, 2020, 6:31:20 PM7/19/20
Yes, and with your debit card, it's all recorded and easy to see where
your money went.

Sometimes, you might not want that.

--
-v https://theproblemisextremism.org

Skeeter

Jul 19, 2020, 6:32:40 PM7/19/20
On 19 Jul 2020 22:22:44 GMT, vallor <val...@cultnix.org> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 16:01:55 -0600, Skeeter wrote:
>
>> For or against?
>>
>> Discuss. Remember, with cashless no strippers.
>
>Gotta have cash, but...
>
>Future cash has _got_ to be inherently antibiotic.

I hear that. I see all these measures being taken at the store,
plexiglass between me and the clerk, but the clerk is touching
everything I am buying. The exchange of money. Money is the dirtiest
stuff around.

Janithor

Jul 19, 2020, 6:34:02 PM7/19/20
x-no-archive: yes
It's very handy when you're doing a Schedule C.

Skeeter

Jul 19, 2020, 6:36:51 PM7/19/20
How would you buy stuff at yard sales?

%

Jul 19, 2020, 6:48:18 PM7/19/20
i launder all mine

%

Jul 19, 2020, 6:48:58 PM7/19/20
phone to phone bank transfer

vallor

Jul 19, 2020, 7:02:50 PM7/19/20
I'll bet sometimes around here, they have Square.

--
-v https://theproblemisextremism.org

vallor

Jul 19, 2020, 7:29:54 PM7/19/20
You're right.

I'm relatively new to venmo, didn't think of things like that. That's
how we pay the taco truck here in town that delivers a pizza box full of
street tacos.

--
-v https://theproblemisextremism.org

%

Jul 19, 2020, 7:42:39 PM7/19/20
it's how i pay the woman i live with for my share

The Right And The Powerful

Jul 19, 2020, 8:16:59 PM7/19/20
American dollars I bet. They're the dirtiest.

%

Jul 19, 2020, 8:38:12 PM7/19/20
whatever's in my pocket when i do laundry

Checkmate

Jul 19, 2020, 9:51:26 PM7/19/20
Checkmate.

On 19 Jul 2020 22:31:18 GMT vallor put forth the following notion,
which was duly noted and recorded:
Maybe drug dealers and money launderers would find that problematic. I
haven't handled cash in years, and I see no reason to worry about it. All
of us have been conditioned to trade our privacy for convenience, but most
of us are still tiny little fish in a great big sea.

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2020

https://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

%

Jul 19, 2020, 10:44:28 PM7/19/20
On 2020-07-19 6:51 p.m., Checkmate wrote:
> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate.
>
> On 19 Jul 2020 22:31:18 GMT vallor put forth the following notion,
> which was duly noted and recorded:
>

>> On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 15:28:16 -0700, Janithor wrote:
>>
>>> x-no-archive: yes

>>> Doesn't matter, it will be decided by actual use. I don't like cash
>>> because it's a pain in the ass to keep track of. With my debit card
>>> it's all recorded and easy to see where my money went.
>>
>> Yes, and with your debit card, it's all recorded and easy to see where
>> your money went.
>>
>> Sometimes, you might not want that.
>
> Maybe drug dealers and money launderers would find that problematic. I
> haven't handled cash in years, and I see no reason to worry about it. All
> of us have been conditioned to trade our privacy for convenience, but most
> of us are still tiny little fish in a great big sea.

not me i'm a big grouper

]v[etaphoid

Jul 20, 2020, 5:05:21 AM7/20/20
% explained on 20/07/2020 :
You give her one in the venmo?

%

Jul 20, 2020, 12:15:54 PM7/20/20
yea , mInus 10%

"Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."

Jul 20, 2020, 1:21:01 PM7/20/20
On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 19:44:26 -0700, % <per...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 2020-07-19 6:51 p.m., Checkmate wrote:
>> On 19 Jul 2020 22:31:18 GMT vallor put forth the following notion...

>>> Yes, and with your debit card, it's all recorded and easy to see where
>>> your money went.
>>>
>>> Sometimes, you might not want that.
>>
>> Maybe drug dealers and money launderers would find that problematic. I
>> haven't handled cash in years, and I see no reason to worry about it. All
>> of us have been conditioned to trade our privacy for convenience, but most
>> of us are still tiny little fish in a great big sea.
>>
>not me i'm a big grouper

Indeed! A big FAT one.
https://imgur.com/a/a6nGneS

LOL!

--
Yours Truly, Sir Gregøry

"I went to the wøøds because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the
essential facts of life, and see if I could nøt learn what it had to teach, and
nøt, when I came to die, discover that I had nøt lived." __Henry David Thøreau

%

Jul 20, 2020, 1:22:17 PM7/20/20
On 2020-07-20 10:21 a.m., "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 19:44:26 -0700, % <per...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2020-07-19 6:51 p.m., Checkmate wrote:
>>> On 19 Jul 2020 22:31:18 GMT vallor put forth the following notion...

>>> Maybe drug dealers and money launderers would find that problematic. I
>>> haven't handled cash in years, and I see no reason to worry about it. All
>>> of us have been conditioned to trade our privacy for convenience, but most
>>> of us are still tiny little fish in a great big sea.
>>>
>> not me i'm a big grouper
>
> Indeed! A big FAT one.
> https://imgur.com/a/a6nGneS
>
> LOL!

absolutely humugous gigantic

Pandora

Jul 20, 2020, 2:41:21 PM7/20/20
They are becoming very popular. We have/use on at our local Farmer's
Market. It's a breeze to use and safer than cash.

Pandora

Jul 20, 2020, 2:44:04 PM7/20/20
And obsolete, especially the ones. You can't even buy a cup of coffee
for a dollar.

%

Jul 20, 2020, 3:04:09 PM7/20/20
and for 50¢ i could get 2 candy bars and a cup of cola and a movie ,
but that was in my go to the movies days

Pandora

Jul 20, 2020, 3:19:08 PM7/20/20
Indeed. Those were the good old days.

%

Jul 20, 2020, 3:25:51 PM7/20/20
a case of beer was 5 bucks now it's 50

Pandora

Jul 20, 2020, 3:35:44 PM7/20/20
I remember that too. I haven't bought beer for a long time.

"Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."

Jul 20, 2020, 3:45:09 PM7/20/20
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 12:25:51 -0700, % <per...@gmail.com> wrote:

<...>

>a case of beer was 5 bucks now it's 50

Lying mother fucker!

https://vinepair.com/booze-news/cost-of-beer-case-24-pack-every-state/#:~:text=The%20cheapest%20state%20for%20a,five%20at%20%2416.07%20per%20case.

Only $16.08 per case in North Carolina and 'shine' is even
cheaper.

%

Jul 20, 2020, 3:57:02 PM7/20/20
i've bought a few 6 packs but ,
it's been a long time since i bought 24

%

Jul 20, 2020, 4:00:02 PM7/20/20
On 2020-07-20 12:45 p.m., "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 12:25:51 -0700, % <per...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <...>
>
>> a case of beer was 5 bucks now it's 50
>
> Lying mother fucker!
>
> https://vinepair.com/booze-news/cost-of-beer-case-24-pack-every-state/#:~:text=The%20cheapest%20state%20for%20a,five%20at%20%2416.07%20per%20case.
>
> Only $16.08 per case in North Carolina and 'shine' is even
> cheaper.

and once again i turn you into a fk head

https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/canadian-costs.png

Skeeter

Jul 20, 2020, 4:21:16 PM7/20/20
On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 15:45:07 -0400, "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."
<greg_hall@høme.fake> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 12:25:51 -0700, % <per...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
><...>
>
>>a case of beer was 5 bucks now it's 50
>
>Lying mother fucker!
>
>https://vinepair.com/booze-news/cost-of-beer-case-24-pack-every-state/#:~:text=The%20cheapest%20state%20for%20a,five%20at%20%2416.07%20per%20case.
>
>Only $16.08 per case in North Carolina and 'shine' is even
>cheaper.

He was talking aboot Canada.

%

Jul 20, 2020, 4:40:11 PM7/20/20
and i was right just ask the woman i live with that i talk about constantly

Pandora

Jul 20, 2020, 4:53:27 PM7/20/20
I'm not crazy about beer except for now and then. I prefer red wines.

%

Jul 20, 2020, 5:26:09 PM7/20/20
i lost my taste for almost anything with alcohol in it

Pandora

Jul 20, 2020, 8:34:07 PM7/20/20
I'm sorry. :-( I like a glass with dinner. It helps with the
loneliness.

%

Jul 20, 2020, 8:36:21 PM7/20/20
don't be sorry i was dying from alcoholism at one point in my life

Pandora

Jul 20, 2020, 8:39:07 PM7/20/20
Kudoes to you for surviving that.

%

Jul 20, 2020, 8:54:12 PM7/20/20
like i was saying one day i just lost the desire to bother anymore ,
i still drink but it's far from all day everyday , but thanks for saying

Pandora

Jul 20, 2020, 9:02:41 PM7/20/20
After my husband died, I drank quite a bit all day every day. Like I
said, it helped with the loneliness. BUT, one day I just decided that I
was alive and I had to keep on going in his memory. So now I just have
wine with dinner. It's the civilized thing to do. :-)

%

Jul 20, 2020, 9:20:30 PM7/20/20
i like a beer after i mow the lawn and sometimes when i'm fishing ,
i just don't want to go back to sick every morning and drinking ,
just to stop feeling sick

vallor

Jul 21, 2020, 10:06:01 AM7/21/20
I remember in the summer of 1977, there was a movie theater down by the
park (Park Cinemas) that had a kids rate that stacked with a matinee
rate, which added up to 75 cents to see a movie. (I could afford this,
since my allowance was $1.50.)

My best friend and I saw Star Wars 17 times that summer.

--
-v https://theproblemisextremism.org

Skeeter

Jul 21, 2020, 10:21:47 AM7/21/20
I remember saving up $1.00 so I could go see A Hards Days Night. It
was worth the wait.

Sir Gaygory's Owner's Owner 🐶笛

Jul 21, 2020, 11:31:04 AM7/21/20
On 21 Jul 2020 14:05:59 GMT, LO AND BEHOLD; vallor <val...@cultnix.org>
determined that the following was of great importance and subsequently
decided to freely share it with us in
<hnob27...@mid.individual.net>:
that's $26.04 worth of star wars (not including popcorn/pretzel/ju-ju-bees) when adjusted for inflation.

seems like there should be an inflation calculator that takes "value" into consideration, as i'm sure you got AT LEAST $26.04 worth of enjoyment out of that marathon. to replicate that same feat today would probably ACTUALLY cost you close to 500 bucks.

:)

"4 out of 5 dentists" won't comment on this poast...

--
[THIS POAST HAS PASSED TRIMCHECK® VALIDATION]

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

"Thanks to muzzies and their apologist-enablers like puppy whistle, this seems to be the new norm in the world. It's spreading like a cancer, and it's time we admit we're at war with pure evil. We need to put an end to this muzzie plague, or life on Earth is going to become pure hell everywhere. We need to get these people out of every civilized country, and there's only one way to do it. IOW, we have to become like them, with an emphasis on expediency over cruelty." - Checkmate (of alt.checkmate)

"Pussy Willow has just proven that Trump's crackdown on previously unenforced immigration policies is working. We'll deal with the domestic terrorists as needed, but we don't need to be letting the muzzie terrorists get a foothold in our country too. One need only look at what they're doing in Europe right now to know we're doing the right thing by keeping them out, which is our right and our duty. - Checkmate (#1 pussy willow fan)

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <Lunatic...@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <MPG.32c5bfef...@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007

Pandora

Jul 21, 2020, 12:25:25 PM7/21/20
That makes sense.

"Sir Hømer Hall, Esq."

Jul 21, 2020, 12:35:44 PM7/21/20
On Tue, 21 Jul 2020, Pandora <pan...@peak.org> wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Jul 2020, % wrote:

<...>

>> i like a beer after i mow the lawn and sometimes when i'm fishing ,
>> i just don't want to go back to sick every morning and drinking , just
>> to stop feeling sick
>
>That makes sense.

Yup, if one is a fucking worthless drunk like PeeScent
and Angela Chatwin.

Pandora

Jul 21, 2020, 12:39:41 PM7/21/20
I was a bit before that but I could get into a movie for 35 cents which
was fine since I only had my baby sitting money to spend. I used to get
24 cents an hour for baby sitting. I was happy with that.

%

Jul 21, 2020, 3:45:41 PM7/21/20
On 2020-07-21 9:35 a.m., "Sir Hømer Hall, Esq." wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020, Pandora <pan...@peak.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Jul 2020, % wrote:
>
> <...>
>
>>> i like a beer after i mow the lawn and sometimes when i'm fishing ,
>>> i just don't want to go back to sick every morning and drinking , just
>>> to stop feeling sick
>>
>> That makes sense.
>
> Yup, if one is a fucking worthless drunk like PeeScent
> and Angela Chatwin.

she's not the woman i live with

]v[etaphoid

Jul 21, 2020, 6:03:40 PM7/21/20
Janithor explained :
> x-no-archive: yes
>
> On 7/19/2020 3:01 PM, Skeeter wrote:
>> For or against?
>>
>> Discuss. Remember, with cashless no strippers.
>
> Doesn't matter, it will be decided by actual use. I don't like cash because
> it's a pain in the ass to keep track of. With my debit card it's all
> recorded and easy to see where my money went.

Paupers like Chad have lived in a cashless society for years...