Weird conversation

vallor

Sep 20, 2018, 10:06:40 PM9/20/18
Just had a singularly weird conversation on Facebook. Ostensibly about
artificial intelligence, the conversation meandered around until I asked
for his motivation for a project he is working on. And he said:

"Cultural preservation".

Woop, woop, woop, red alert!

So I asked him "which culture", and pointed out that our own culture is
no where near the possibility of going away -- not like other cultures
have.

Silence.

So I said "hey, good chatting with ya, here's my email" and so forth.

"Okay thanks".

I guess I didn't react properly to the dog whistle? Heh.

--
-v

%

Sep 20, 2018, 10:11:00 PM9/20/18
he may have had to go pee , he's an on call fireman ,
he changed lanes he fell asleep all of the above

Lunar Opticfibre

Sep 20, 2018, 10:18:07 PM9/20/18
Maybe the somber incantation "All Empires Fall" has gone out of style.

%

Sep 20, 2018, 10:24:35 PM9/20/18
if he didn't come back guns a blazin and ,
he didn't block you i'm sure its nothing you did

Checkmate

Sep 20, 2018, 11:58:09 PM9/20/18
Checkmate! In article <g0j21e...@mid.individual.net>,
val...@cultnix.org says...
Your point?

--
Checkmate ®
Author, Humorist, Cynic

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

"There are many here among us,
who feel that life is but a joke."

kensi." -Nadegda

vallor

Sep 21, 2018, 1:29:54 AM9/21/18
On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 20:57:49 -0700, Checkmate wrote:

> Warning! Always wear ANSI approved safety goggles when reading posts by
> Checkmate! In article <g0j21e...@mid.individual.net>,
> val...@cultnix.org says...
>

>> Just had a singularly weird conversation on Facebook. Ostensibly about
>> artificial intelligence, the conversation meandered around until I
>> asked for his motivation for a project he is working on. And he said:
>>
>> "Cultural preservation".
>>
>> Woop, woop, woop, red alert!
>>
>> So I asked him "which culture", and pointed out that our own culture is
>> no where near the possibility of going away -- not like other cultures
>> have.
>>
>> Silence.
>>
>> So I said "hey, good chatting with ya, here's my email" and so forth.
>>
>> "Okay thanks".
>>
>> I guess I didn't react properly to the dog whistle? Heh.
>
> Your point?

...was missed.

Then again, "cultural preservation" of a culture that brings one
McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Dick's, and Wal*Mart might not be such
a great goal in the first place...

--
-v

Skeeter

Sep 21, 2018, 12:30:02 PM9/21/18
In article <g0jdug...@mid.individual.net>, val...@cultnix.org
says...
Where do you shop?

Lunar Opticfibre

Sep 21, 2018, 1:48:38 PM9/21/18
That's not really a fair point. You can use your cultural function
converter to map the fastfood and shopping stores etcetera to different
regions if you spend a few minutes on it.

vallor

Sep 21, 2018, 9:33:43 PM9/21/18
Well, we had a K-Mart, but it burned down...there's still a Sears in
town, though, over at the mall.

But seriously -- to be honest, the closest I get to that sort of thing is
Costco.

I think the last time I ate at a McDonald's was when the folks were
visiting, and they wanted to try out the "grand mac", or whatever that
specialty burger was.

And yeah, its sucked.

No reason why people shouldn't upgrade their food choices. After all,
you wouldn't try to low-ball your housing situation, would you?

--
-v

Catalina

Sep 22, 2018, 2:20:41 AM9/22/18

"vallor" <val...@cultnix.org> wrote in message
Ah, so you live in Santa Rosa, California, just 7 hours to Ponoma Racway,
and only 9 hours to MIL pandora.

> But seriously -- to be honest, the closest I get to that sort of thing is
> Costco.

Did you vote for Obama?

> I think the last time I ate at a McDonald's was when the folks were
> visiting, and they wanted to try out the "grand mac", or whatever that
> specialty burger was.

Aren't you very special. I bet your Californication people love you.

> And yeah, its sucked.

Poor baby.

> No reason why people shouldn't upgrade their food choices. After all,
> you wouldn't try to low-ball your housing situation, would you?

You sound like Michael Obama, telling the kids in the USA what to eat for 8
years, while they starved. We had to start bus routes through the
neighborhoods to this day, so the kids did not starve.

Why do you care about anyone's housing situation?

vallor

Sep 22, 2018, 2:38:29 AM9/22/18
I've never had a strange drunken lady try to stalk me before.

Isn't there some kind of protocol in these situations, like finding a pet
rabbit stewing in a pot on the stove or something?

--
-v

kensi

Sep 22, 2018, 8:28:16 AM9/22/18
SPNAK!

Also: Who the hell is Michael Obama? I've never heard of him. Relative
of the President?

in here." ~Checkmate

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

Sep 22, 2018, 10:13:21 AM9/22/18
On Sat, 22 Sep 2018, kensi <kkuntsi...@vagmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:

<...>

>Also: Who the hell is Michael Obama? I've never heard of him. Relative
>of the President?

He's the uncle who still lives in a dirt hut in Kenya.

--

Yours Truly,
Gregory Hall

If a woman stumbles upon a fact that is opposed to her intuition
she will tend to reject it outright and, even if the evidence is
overwhelming, she will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand,
she has feelings that give her a reason to act in accordance with
her intuition, she will embrace them as the Gospel.

-- Capt. Neal ®

Skeeter

Sep 22, 2018, 11:37:42 AM9/22/18
In article <bk1cgq....@news.alt.net>, Cata...@beach.sun says...
> You sound like Michael Obama, telling the kids in the USA what to eat for 8
> years, while they starved. We had to start bus routes through the
> neighborhoods to this day, so the kids did not starve.
>
> Why do you care about anyone's housing situation?

It was a feeble attempt to troll.

Skeeter

Sep 22, 2018, 11:38:23 AM9/22/18
In article <g0m6b4...@mid.individual.net>, val...@cultnix.org
says...
No answers, just babble.

mixed nuts

Sep 22, 2018, 1:45:21 PM9/22/18
On 9/22/2018 8:28 AM, kensi wrote:
> On 9/22/2018 2:38 AM, vallor wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 02:21:10 -0400, Catalina wrote:
>>> You sound like Michael Obama, telling the kids in the USA what to eat
>>> for 8 years, while they starved.  We had to start bus routes through the
>>> neighborhoods to this day, so the kids did not starve.
>>>
>>> Why do you care about anyone's housing situation?
>>
>> I've never had a strange drunken lady try to stalk me before.
>>
>> Isn't there some kind of protocol in these situations, like finding a pet
>> rabbit stewing in a pot on the stove or something?
>
> SPNAK!
>
> Also: Who the hell is Michael Obama? I've never heard of him. Relative
> of the President?

Melania's speech writer, "Be Best" advisor and former White House
gardener (dirty, scruffy clothing, sneakers instead of stiletto heels
and a designer sun dress - very undignified).

--
Grizzly H.