Re-activate old Verizon phone on PagePlus?

willbill

Mar 17, 2010, 1:37:20 PM3/17/10
Re-activate old Verizon phone on PagePlus?

Roughly 2 years ago, I bought a prepaid Verizon Inpulse phone,
but activated it with PagePlus.

I let it go inactive for more than a year.

Now, I'd again like to use it with PagePlus,
but am told (by PagePlus) that the phone's
ESN number is once again controlled by Verizon.

I mean, when I dial *611
I get Verizon.

When I call up Verizon, I'm told that they
don't know how to release the ESN

Is there a way to get Verizon to release the ESN?

If there is or isn't, please let me know; because
if the phone is now permanently locked in with
Verizon, then my option seems to be to buy
a phone from PagePlus.

Thank you for any help.

Bill

Larry

Mar 17, 2010, 3:37:32 PM3/17/10
willbill <po...@onNG.net> wrote in

> I mean, when I dial *611
> I get Verizon.
>
> When I call up Verizon, I'm told that they
> don't know how to release the ESN
>
> Is there a way to get Verizon to release the ESN?

When ANY pageplus customer dials 611 he gets Verizon Wireless!

Pageplug is #737, not 611. Dial #737 on it and you'll get the pageplus
system. If you're ESN (also called MEID) isn't a pageplus customer, the
system will send you to the signup server. You'll need your MEID/ESN
from the label under the battery to enter it into the pageplus system
but do that on the internet.

Just buy the $10 activation on the Pageplus webpage, and enter the
MEID/ESN into the proper box. Then, AFTER the webpage has activated
your account, simply log the phone onto whatever CDMA it natively
connects to and dial

to start the activation on the air. The system will match your pre-
entered MEID to the phone's calling in and push the Pageplus PRL, your
new phone number, etc., to the phone over the air. This takes a few
minutes, so be patient. When it's complete, you're ready to use the
phone.

These instructions are right on the pageplus website:

Click SHOP ONLINE then ACTIVATE and answer the questions....

Callingmart.com is where we get the PIN numbers from to charge up the
account. Currently they have a 10% DISCOUNT! An $80 card sells for $72
there and will charge your account with 2000 minutes of service,
bringing the per-minute rate down to 3.6 cents or $2.16/HOUR!

--
"iPad is to computing what Etch-A-Sketch is to art!"

Larry

Larry

Mar 17, 2010, 3:46:42 PM3/17/10
willbill <po...@onNG.net> wrote in

> If there is or isn't, please let me know; because

> if the phone is now permanently locked in with
> Verizon, then my option seems to be to buy
> a phone from PagePlus.

If my instructions don't put you online, you can buy a perfectly good
CDMA phone from about any thrift shop, with a charger and battery, for
$5-10. Plug in the charger before buying it and log it onto whatever
CDMA carrier it came from. Sprint phones don't always cover 850 Mhz and
are usually locked to Sprint to prevent churning so I don't recommend
them. Alltel and Verizon phones are NOT locked and will work on
pageplus.

If you live in the WESTERN states, an older CDMA phone that includes
analog AMPS is an ADVANTAGE! Pageplus has deals and its PRL connects to
mom and pop AMPS systems in the boondocks out West that Verizon phone do
not, giving you the same Pageplus service on these old system, most
without roaming charges. Watch your roaming triangle to make sure you
know if you're roaming or not. If you ARE roaming, when you make a
call, the Pageplus audio server WILL TELL YOU you are roaming before
telling you what your current balance is. Every call tells you what
your balance is on the Standard plan when you make a call,
automatically.

Ebay is a great place to get old CDMA phones in great condition. There
are millions available. I just put a Motorola 725, one of the first
CDMA phones ever sold by Verizon, which has AMPS and a more powerful
transmitter, online for a friend who travels around the country. He
reports that phone has VASTLY better service than his Blackberry on
Verizon because of its more powerful transmitter....not to mention it's
MOTOROLA....with its pullup REAL antenna which simply radiates better
than a piece of tin foil under your hand inside against the circuit
boards.

Northern California made many AMPS connections to his old Motorola
handset on Pageplus while he was out there.