Vista Driver for Razr v3

Haskell Deutsch

Feb 28, 2007, 11:48:43 PM2/28/07
I installed MPT on my Vista system. The program installed, but when it tried
to install the driver, I got a message that "A service installation in this
INF is invalid". I could not find anything on the Motorola or BVRP site. Has
anyone successfully installed the Razr v3 on a Vista system?

Thanks,

Hask

wirelessfan

Mar 1, 2007, 1:40:01 PM3/1/07

Nope. MPT worked perfectly on my XP box. Recently upgraded to Vista
and MPT will no longer talk to my V3i. Looks like everyone is stuck
until the drivers are updated.

--
wirelessfan

xPosTech

Mar 1, 2007, 11:20:01 PM3/1/07
On 3/1/2007 12:40 PM, wirelessfan wrote:
> Haskell Deutsch Wrote:
>> I installed MPT on my Vista system. The program installed, but when it
>> tried
>> to install the driver, I got a message that "A service installation in
>> this
>> INF is invalid". I could not find anything on the Motorola or BVRP
>> site. Has
>> anyone successfully installed the Razr v3 on a Vista system?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Hask
>
> Nope. MPT worked perfectly on my XP box. Recently upgraded to Vista
> and MPT will no longer talk to my V3i. Looks like everyone is stuck
> until the drivers are updated.

Vista has no compatibility option on install? XP will allow you to use
98 or even 95 compatibility, IIRC.

--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

Good judgment comes from experience,
and experience comes from bad judgment.
--Fred Brook

Tim

Mar 5, 2007, 8:53:21 AM3/5/07
http://www.poolcures.com/Handset_USB_Driver_32_v2.6.2.0.zip

"xPosTech" <polk...@yatrashhoo.com> wrote in message

XS11E

Mar 6, 2007, 11:48:56 AM3/6/07
"Tim" <T...@XHemplemans.com> wrote:

> http://www.poolcures.com/Handset_USB_Driver_32_v2.6.2.0.zip

Hmmmm, got a 64 bit version or will that work in Vista 64 bit?

howardf howardf

Mar 7, 2007, 10:09:25 PM3/7/07
Try this URL .... They have both 32-Bit and 64-Bit drivers, that you
can download.

http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/usbistallation.jsp

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:48:43 -0800, "Haskell Deutsch" <ha...@cox.net>

XS11E

Mar 8, 2007, 11:01:59 AM3/8/07
howardf howardf <hfrie...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Try this URL .... They have both 32-Bit and 64-Bit drivers, that
> you can download.
>
> http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/usbistallation
> .jsp

Thank you! It worked perfectly in Vista Ultimate Edition 64 bit.

Dan

Mar 10, 2007, 10:23:53 PM3/10/07
On 3/1/07 12:40 PM, wirelessfan wrote:
> Haskell Deutsch Wrote:
>> I installed MPT on my Vista system. The program installed, but when it
>> tried
>> to install the driver, I got a message that "A service installation in
>> this
>> INF is invalid". I could not find anything on the Motorola or BVRP
>> site. Has
>> anyone successfully installed the Razr v3 on a Vista system?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Hask
>
> Nope. MPT worked perfectly on my XP box. Recently upgraded to Vista
> and MPT will no longer talk to my V3i. Looks like everyone is stuck
> until the drivers are updated.

If Vista (which I will never use), has compatibility mode you can set
for MPT try that.