Has Samuel L. Jackson left for South Africa yet?

Byker

Nov 10, 2016, 5:59:33 PM11/10/16
These Are The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins

by Tyler Durden
Nov 9, 2016 8:25 PM

Used to dramatic theatrics even if many of them sounded dead serious, dozens
of celebs vowed over the last few months to depart the US if Donald Trump
won the White House, saying they’d buy a one way ticket to everywhere from
Canada to Jupiter. And perhaps some of them planned on carrying through on
their threat: overnight Canada’s immigration website crashed from heavy
traffic after it became clear that Trump would win.

The question, however, now is how many of these provocateurs will be true to
their word, especially in a world in which long-held conventions just got
slammed overnight: how many of these so-called starts will make good on
their promise?

So, for the sake of convenience, here is a list of celebrities who claimed
they would move out of the U.S. under a Trump administration, courtesy of
the Hill, should anyone decide to hold them accountable.

Actors

Bryan Cranston said he hopes he doesn’t have to pack his bags, but would
“definitely move” if Trump won. “Absolutely, I would definitely move,” the
“Breaking Bad” star said on “The Bestseller Experiment” podcast. “It’s not
real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won’t.”

Samuel L. Jackson slammed Trump for running a “hate”-filled campaign and
said he would move to South Africa if he wins. “If that motherf---er becomes
president, I’m moving my black ass to South Africa,” the movie star quipped
to Jimmy Kimmel.

Lena Dunham told Andy Cohen at the Matrix Awards that “I know a lot of
people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely
place in Vancouver.” The star and creator of HBO’s “Girls” has been a vocal
advocate for Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee.

Neve Campbell, an actress on the political drama “House of Cards,” vowed to
move back home to Canada, while “Orange is the New Black” actress Natasha
Lyonne said she would hightail it to a mental hospital.
* * *

Singers

Cher tweeted this summer that if Trump gets elected, “I’m moving to
Jupiter.”

Miley Cyrus wrote in an emotional Instagram post in March that tears were
running down her cheek and she was unbelievably scared and sad. “I am moving
if he is president,” the young pop star said. “I don’t say things I don’t
mean!”

Barbara Streisand, a vocal Clinton supporter, told “60 Minutes” that “I’m
either coming to your country if you’ll let me in, or Canada.”

Ne-Yo told TMZ last month that he’d move to Canada and be neighbors with
fellow R&B singer Drake if the country elected Trump.
* * *

Comedians

Comedian Amy Schumer said in September that Spain would be her destination
of choice.

“My act will change because I will need to learn to speak Spanish,” Schumer
said in an appearance on the BBC’s “Newsnight.” “Because I will move to
Spain or somewhere. It’s beyond my comprehension if Trump won. It’s just too
crazy.”

Chelsea Handler said she already made contingency plans months ago.

“I did buy a house in another country just in case,” the comedian and talk
show host said during an appearance on “Live with Kelly and Michael” in May.
“So all these people that threaten to leave the country and then don’t — I
actually will leave that country.”

Former “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart said he would consider “getting in a
rocket and going to another planet, because clearly this planet’s gone
bonkers” if the real estate mogul wins.

Whoopi Goldberg, co-host of the “The View”, said on an episode of the talk
show earlier this year that if the country elects Trump, “maybe it’s time
for me to move, you know. I can afford to go.”

Keegan-Michael Key said he would flee north to Canada. “It’s like, 10
minutes from Detroit,” the comedian told TMZ in January. “That’s where I’m
from; my mom lives there. It’d make her happy too.”

Hispanic comedian George Lopez said Trump “won’t have to worry about
immigration” if he takes the White House because “we’ll all go back.”
* * *

Political Figures

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg joked in an interview with The New
York Times in July that it’d be time to move to New Zealand if Trump were to
win.

“Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand,” she said quoting her husband
who died in 2010. “I can’t imagine what the country would be with Donald
Trump as our president. For the country, it could be four years. For the
court, it could be — I don’t even want to contemplate that.”

Ginsburg later apologized for her comments, calling them “ill-advised.”

Civil rights activist Al Sharpton told a reporter earlier this year that he’s
“reserving my ticket out of here if [Trump] wins.”

http://tinyurl.com/nz7eekr

EGK

Nov 10, 2016, 6:46:47 PM11/10/16
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:59:32 -0600, "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

>These Are The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins

Already been posted a few times. What I like about this is one of the
things they supposedly hate about Trump is his saying threat to send all
their illegal gardners and nannies back to Mexico. Yet none of them want
to go there. They all want to go to Canada.

As for Jackson, why South Africa? Is the rest of the continent too black
for him?

suzeeq

Nov 10, 2016, 6:57:55 PM11/10/16
EGK wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:59:32 -0600, "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:
>
>> These Are The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins
>
> Already been posted a few times. What I like about this is one of the
> things they supposedly hate about Trump is his saying threat to send all
> their illegal gardners and nannies back to Mexico. Yet none of them want
> to go there. They all want to go to Canada.

And the Canadian immigration info website crashed....

FPP

Nov 10, 2016, 7:02:26 PM11/10/16
On 2016-11-10 18:42:07 -0500, Ted <sam.m....@gmail.com> said:

> "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:
>> These Are The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins
>>
> They should be forced to honor their promise.

They will... right after Trump honors his.

--

Donald Trump in his own words:
"I know words, I have the best words. I have the best,
but there is no better word than stupid." - Hilton Head, SC (Dec. 30, 2015)

FPP

Nov 10, 2016, 7:46:42 PM11/10/16
On 2016-11-10 19:18:09 -0500, Ted <sam.m....@gmail.com> said:
> We'll see. Everybody will be watching. It'll be interesting.

For a lot of people, it already isn't:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/day-1-trumps-america_us_582497afe4b0cdd5e7e99e86?section=us_politics
--

If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?

FPP

Nov 10, 2016, 8:03:41 PM11/10/16
But

> Trump has nothing to do with that, no more than Obama did with the
> black thugs who called themselves "Sons of Obama" and beat up white people.

I'll believe that as soon as you show me where Obama offered to pay the
legal fees for his supporters beating up protestors.

Or where Obama told his supporters to "knock the shit out of them". Or
talking about having people bought out on stretchers.

You see... you're contributing to the false equivalency that these two
leaders are somehow the same. They're not.

One has expressed the desire to beat the shit out his antagonists - and
now that his supporters are doing it, you want to say he's blameless.

Well, we ARE going to hold him accountable for every single thing he's
said and done.
--
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." -Napoleon

Hal Womack 3-dan

Nov 10, 2016, 8:09:29 PM11/10/16
Of the 23 promised expats-2-b, the only one I'd miss would be Samuel Jackson.

SLJ co-starred with Geena Davis in LONG KISS GOODNIGHT [1995], a hilarious bang-bang Christmas action masterpiece which also essentially predicted "9/11" except, of course, it said "C.I.A" instead of "Jews".

Since the shameless HuffPo supported HRC's plans for launching general thermonuclear war, its otherwise provocative account of various small Trump victory incidents may be taken with the proverbial g o s.

========================

FPP

Nov 10, 2016, 9:18:11 PM11/10/16
> Is that really what he said?

Naahhh... I'm just making it all up!

> Trump Tells Crowd to ‘Knock the Crap Out’ of Protesters, Offers to Pay
> Legal Fees by Sam Reisman | 3:44 pm, February 1st, 2016
>
> http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump-tells-crowd-to-knock-the-crap-out-of-protesters-offers-to-pay-legal-fees/

But

I have a VERY, VERY active imagination!

> Protester Would Be 'Carried out on a Stretcher' in the Old Days, Trump
> Reminisces
>
> http://www.weeklystandard.com/protester-would-be-carried-out-on-a-stretcher-in-the-old-days-trump-reminisces/article/2001211

He

did this non-stop...

--
"We used to look up and wonder about our place in the stars. Now we
just look down and worry about our place in the dirt." - Interstellar

Michael Black

Nov 11, 2016, 1:51:43 PM11/11/16
I thought he specified South Africa when he made his statement, but I'm
not sure.

There was a story on the news here Wednesday night, the Canadian
immigration website crashed due to a sudden surge in viewers. But they
also talked to an immigration lawyer who said it could be a long process,
taking years. So by the time many get their status, Trump will be gone.

Michael

Michael Black

Nov 11, 2016, 1:54:21 PM11/11/16
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016, suzeeq wrote:

> EGK wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:59:32 -0600, "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:
>>
>>> These Are The Celebrities Who Vowed To Leave America If Trump Wins
>>
>> Already been posted a few times. What I like about this is one of the
>> things they supposedly hate about Trump is his saying threat to send all
>> their illegal gardners and nannies back to Mexico. Yet none of them want
>> to go there. They all want to go to Canada.
>
> And the Canadian immigration info website crashed....

There was a time when Mexico was a hot destination for "exiles". Vanzetti
went there to sit out WWI. Lots of writers, including some of the Beats,
lived there for varying lengths of times, because it was cheap to live
there, so they'd get a good return on what money they had. But maybe
that's no longer the case, or maybe Mexico has put more limits on who can
immigrate or just live down there for some time.

Michael

EGK

Nov 11, 2016, 2:06:02 PM11/11/16
I think that's still true of Mexico. The problem is all the violent crime
there. Gringos make good targets.

BTR1701

Nov 11, 2016, 4:06:12 PM11/11/16
In article <alpine.LNX.2.02.1...@darkstar.example.org>,
Well, that and the tens of thousands of murders and beheadings.

Rudy Canoza

Nov 11, 2016, 4:22:53 PM11/11/16
This is such a *GREAT* subject line! I just can't stop laughing over it.

Until Jackson and any others renounce their U.S. citizenship, Donald
Trump *IS*, of course, their president (-elect for another couple of
months.)

suzeeq

Nov 11, 2016, 5:19:59 PM11/11/16
Michael Black wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2016, suzeeq wrote:
>
>> EGK wrote:

>>> Already been posted a few times. What I like about this is one of the
>>> things they supposedly hate about Trump is his saying threat to send all
>>> their illegal gardners and nannies back to Mexico. Yet none of them want
>>> to go there. They all want to go to Canada.
>> And the Canadian immigration info website crashed....
>
> There was a time when Mexico was a hot destination for "exiles".

Not really. There've been people in the US threatening to move to Canada
since Vietnam.

Vanzetti
> went there to sit out WWI. Lots of writers, including some of the Beats,
> lived there for varying lengths of times, because it was cheap to live
> there, so they'd get a good return on what money they had. But maybe
> that's no longer the case, or maybe Mexico has put more limits on who can
> immigrate or just live down there for some time.

It's definitely cheaper and the weather's nicer. Helps if you surf.

Byker

Nov 11, 2016, 5:55:37 PM11/11/16
"BTR1701" wrote in message

> Well, that and the tens of thousands of murders and beheadings.

Kidnapping is a cottage industry down there...

Byker

Nov 11, 2016, 7:13:51 PM11/11/16
"suzeeq" wrote in message news:o05g6e$uqc$1...@news.albasani.net...

> It's definitely cheaper and the weather's nicer. Helps if you surf.

And like tropical diseases:

anim8rfsk

Nov 11, 2016, 7:24:26 PM11/11/16
In article <o05g6e$uqc$1...@news.albasani.net>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com>
wrote:

> Michael Black wrote:

> >> And the Canadian immigration info website crashed....
> >
> > There was a time when Mexico was a hot destination for "exiles".
>
> Not really. There've been people in the US threatening to move to Canada
> since Vietnam.

Except then they actually *did*

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

suzeeq

Nov 11, 2016, 8:45:14 PM11/11/16
They have vaccines for them.

suzeeq

Nov 11, 2016, 8:46:06 PM11/11/16
Some did during Vietnam, but since then, not so much. They've just
threatened to.

trotsky

Nov 11, 2016, 9:21:35 PM11/11/16
When they're beheaded are they somehow more dead?