Convert DWG to JPG high res.

Dean Barkley

Nov 14, 2001, 9:23:33 AM11/14/01
I need to convert AutoCAD R14 or 2000 drawings into high resolution Jpeg
files suitable for a powerpoint presentation on a large screen. The
resolution of the AutoCAD export to BMP is not good enough for my needs.
Anyone know of a utility that will handle higher resolution conversions?

NickD

Nov 14, 2001, 9:33:46 AM11/14/01
find a program that does a screen capture
"Dean Barkley" <dean.b...@NOSPAMtalk21.com> wrote in message

Jim Wolfe

Nov 14, 2001, 2:30:01 PM11/14/01
Dean,

If you can Email me a drawing, I've got a ton of graphics experience with
photoshop, autocad, powerpoint, etc, and i can give you what you need - or
you can call me at 403-818-8596.

jim

Massimo Corradi

Nov 14, 2001, 1:54:27 PM11/14/01

Install a plotdevice (from Plotter Manager / Add-A-Plotter Wizard), select
then "Raster File Formats" and chose what you want. (Tiff, Png, Jpeg)
Select "Properties" in the plott dialogue, and then under "Custom Paper
Sizes" the resolution that you want (ie 9600x9600 pixel).

Floppy

Nov 14, 2001, 1:42:21 PM11/14/01
i don't think that JPEG is the best solution for high res drawings...

if you have Microstation then open your autocad drawing in miscrostation and
choose Utilities-Image-Capture
There you can choose what you want to capture...

There's normally also a command File-Publish to Web...
There you can make a simple web page...if you then import it in Powerpoint
you can view the drawing AND zoom AND pan AND ...

Geert

Kenneth Anderson

Nov 14, 2001, 2:04:29 PM11/14/01
These are ALL a waste of time. I do this on a daily basis using Better WMF
Best $100 I ever spent on AutoCAD.
They have a free working demo there.
www.furix.com
You are wasting your time using anything else!
This is not spam, just a happy user...

K.

Dean Barkley <dean.b...@NOSPAMtalk21.com> wrote in article
<9stunj$jsm$1...@uranium.btinternet.com>...

john...@yahoo.com

Nov 14, 2001, 2:15:25 PM11/14/01
>These are ALL a waste of time. I do this on a daily basis using Better WMF

OK.... but I am curious abt something.... how is a
windows metafile better than a jpeg? In what ways?

Caveman

Nov 14, 2001, 3:03:16 PM11/14/01
<john...@yahoo.com> wrote...

This is maybe not my business to interfere, but:

WMF is a vector format. It is scalable with constant
line weight and without "jaggies" in the slanted lines
and arcs. Also the file size is reasonable (in B/W).

JPG is a raster format. It is designed for lossy
compressed presentation of photographic images.
Expanding a jpg image causes all the forementioned,
but in this case opposite and undesired effects.

Zac Carey

Nov 15, 2001, 2:46:42 AM11/15/01
We use a combination of Acrobat Writer and PhotoShop.
We use Acrobat Writer to create PDF files with the correct lineweights. PDF
files are scalable so you can specify the resolution of the final rasterized
image when you open the file inside PhotoShop. We usually save the
rasterized image as a JPEG before bringing it into Word, PowerPoint, etc.

HIH

Brian

Nov 19, 2001, 5:19:04 PM11/19/01
http://www3.autodesk.com/adsk/section/0,,163301-123112,00.html

Bruce Bretschneider

Nov 30, 2001, 11:05:02 PM11/30/01
While it isn't a utility, I used to use Corel Draw Office V9 to create
vector artwork for service manuals. That might be something to look at.
When I tried to import a wmf from AutoCAD, I found the lines were to
lightweight to print well.

Bruce B.

chill...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2013, 10:12:00 AM1/31/13
I also need to do the same but I need the high res jpeg's ratio of height to width, to be the same as in the model space in AutoCAD? I have Acrobat x and Photoshop.

blank...

Feb 1, 2013, 2:17:11 AM2/1/13
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:12:00 +0100, <chill...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I also need to do the same but I need the high res jpeg's ratio of
> height to width, to be the same as in the model space in AutoCAD? I have
> Acrobat x and Photoshop.

Install any virtual printer and "plot" away, for example:

www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator
It plots to lots of formats (jpg included), not just pdf as the name
suggests.

josewa...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2015, 4:58:04 PM3/4/15
बुधवार, 14 नवंबर 2001 को 7:56:20 अपर UTC+5:30 को, Dean Barkley ने लिखा:
Sir, the best solution will be to go for Universal Document Converter. It is a tool which lets you convert the AutoCAd files into high quality JPG images in very short time. The settings are pretty basic. Try it at www.print-driver.com
Hope it helps