Vinyl Siding 4" or 5" dutch lap or clapboard

JHirsch1

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
I need to pick vinyl siding for my house and like the 5" clapboard. I see the
4" dutch lap all over. Is the 5" and clapboard out of style?

Chandler Knowles

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
In or out of style is a question for clothes -- not houses. The life of a
house greatly transcends periods of "style". Of course, vinyl siding is not
exactly a "heritage" material.

--
Chandler Knowles
Pensacola, Florida
JHirsch1 <jhir...@aol.com> wrote in message

Rick Prociuk

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
I don't know much about this, but just did a job (for myself) in dutch lap,
but it was more than 4" (I'm not sure if it was 5 or even 7 and it's at my
cottage and I can't find the invoice. Hoever, although I preferred the
look, I also believe that the dutch lap is a stronger extrusion (that is
more rigid overall) and because it has more angles/bends in it, whereas the
face of the clapboard is essentially flat that will more readily show up
any problems. If nothing else, this post may generate some comments from
people who know what they're talking about.

RODNEY HALL

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
They also make a 4 1/2 inch profile or referrerd as double 4 1/2, a 3 inch
profile or referred as triple three.
Vinyl siding info:
http://homepages.go.com/~rblakeh/index.html
RHall

RODNEY HALL

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Checked this site before and never found any tech info: How long are the
panels. How is it applied, overlapped or applied between two channels, H
channel spaced every length of the panels.
Appreciate in info:
RHall
Ken Bourgeois <fre...@mninter.net> wrote in message
> Check this out . http://www.vinyl-siding.com/techwall.html
> I just did my house in 3 1/2" Dutch Lap. This Vipco siding
> with the styrafoam fused to the back side, make for a great
> application.
> In article <7vhskm$1h4g$1...@newssvr04-int.news.prodigy.com>, "RODNEY HALL"

Ken Bourgeois

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99