Got a question about Memnoch ending...

eric ong

Jan 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/1/96
Shona Owens (sh...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Why he went mad...I guess he thought he was going againsst
: what Memnoch wanted....he did not want to do "the devil's
: work"...

but why would Lestat not want more souls to go to Heaven?

--
eric ong.
ongy...@iscs.nus.sg

Carole Hafner

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96
In article <xHMGWWk...@delphi.com> Demonia <dem...@delphi.com> writes:
>Can someone explain to me why Lestat went into a rage and had to be restrained
>after reading Memnoch's note. How did Lestat fulfill Memnoch's desire after
>he refused him and left hell so quickly?

and

In article <4brl2j$l...@nuscc.nus.sg> ongy...@iscs.nus.sg (eric ong) writes:

> what did what Lestat did do for Memnoch's mission?

I am very interested in these questions, so will anyone who responds please
either post to this news group, or cc: their answer to me?

Thanks,
Carole
haf...@ccs.neu.edu

f...@fin.com

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
Demonia wrote:

> I just read Memnoch and I loved it! It was so good to be lost again in the
> world of the Vampire Chronicles. I was confused about something though...

> Can someone explain to me why Lestat went into a rage and had to be restrained
> after reading Memnoch's note. How did Lestat fulfill Memnoch's desire after
> he refused him and left hell so quickly?
>
> I probably missed the entire "meaning" of the story here, but I really don't
> get it :(
>
> DemoniaSPOILER ALERT

The reason Lestat went mad (IMHO) is because he realised in bringing
back Veronicas Veil he re-established a kind of zealous religion not
seen since the Crusades and because of this Memnoch will be busy.

Hence Armand and Mael and other vampires have killed themselves because
finally brought proof of a God.

So thees is not the only evil left.

Hope this clears it up.

Matt

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
>>Can someone explain to me why Lestat went into a rage and had to be
restrained>>after reading Memnoch's note. How did Lestat fulfill Memnoch's
desire after>>he refused him and left hell so quickly?

>and

>> what did what Lestat did do for Memnoch's mission?

>I am very interested in these questions, so will anyone who responds please
>either post to this news group, or cc: their answer to me?

why lestat went mad? that is a good question and i can only guess at an
answer. He seemed to not believe that memnoch was actually who he said he
was. I remember(i think) him saying that "its not true" after he got his eye
back and read the letter. Or maybe he couldnt handle that memnoch was the
devil and he had helped him. Perhaps he isnt the non-believer he seemed to
be. maybe he did believe that god and the devil exist and he thought of the
devil how he was taught to think of him; as the center of all evil. Or
perhaps he felt that that was proof that memnoch was telling the truth and he
couldnt handle the fact that god didnt seem to care and all of his human
friends and relatives were dead and in hell for no reason.

what did lestat do for memnochs mission? well, if my memory serves then
memnochs mission was to get as many souls into heaven and not have to go to
hell. by giving the veil to the world he gave the people their unconditional
belief back to them. so to those people it didnt matter about how things
happened or what god did, they believed in god just for the simple fact that
he exists. the only people who go to hell are the people who cannot forgive
god. so the people with the unconditional love of god would harbor no hatred
for god, so they would go directly to heaven.

does that make sense? have i gotten my facts confused?

Matt.

ric...@shasta.com

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
f...@fin.com wrote:
Memnoch spoiler alert:

>The reason Lestat went mad (IMHO) is because he realised in bringing
>back Veronicas Veil he re-established a kind of zealous religion not
>seen since the Crusades and because of this Memnoch will be busy.

>Hence Armand and Mael and other vampires have killed themselves because
>finally brought proof of a God.

>So thees is not the only evil left.

>Hope this clears it up.

What do you mean this is not the only evil left?

Cathy