Re: Why Do Atheists Loath and Despise Christians?

Skip to the first unread message
Message has been deleted

John Baker

13 Mar 2009, 07:33:1413/03/2009
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700 (PDT), "R.S."
<ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

Because the so-called "Christians" we see here in a.a are by and large
a bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-righteous assholes who think
they're better and smarter than everyone else, and who lack the good
sense and the decency to keep their idiotic beliefs to themselves.

Good enough reason for ya, Sport?

MarkA

13 Mar 2009, 07:50:0613/03/2009
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:

We don't despise ALL Christians; just the despicable ones. Is that a
tautology?

--
MarkA
Keeper of Things Put There Only Just The Night Before

Roger Jolly

13 Mar 2009, 07:56:2313/03/2009

"R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote in message
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus
> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled
> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),a Soul (mind
> - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward something, and the
> actions resulting from that will - this is your essence -who you
> personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this essense
> of you when you die), and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five
> senses, if you exist only to please those five senses thats called
> living in the flesh or living in sin, but is not only limited to
> Flesh
> but also selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and
> ego), words, and deeds.

That's one huge mess of a sentence.

Try writing something coherent and you might get a reasonable response. You
might like to ask your English teacher to edit it for you before you post
it.

walksalone

13 Mar 2009, 08:32:5913/03/2009
"R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net>

Oh my, we have been other troll on the loose. My apologies to the
audience, but some absurdities must be pointed out.

> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

Hate is too valuable and emotion to waste on people as people as you are
pretending to be, or actually are, as the case may be. It's a bit like,
but my knowledge of the gods, providing for the information and
enlightenment of those of the xian myth, essays on every god the world
has claimed. There are over 25,000 of those gods, and I'm aware of at
least 10,000. What that would mean, is I can literally flood the xian
groups with information that is pertinent to them, and if I was to act
like you, they tend it was for their spiritual good and well being.
Courtesy tells me, I do not have to act like you. And I prefer not to..

> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus

What you believe has nothing to do with reality, or the way people live
their lives. Everybody reacts to situational ethics, and free will as
claimed by the xian mythology is nonexistent. For one thing, that's a
derivative, and irrevocable derivative, based on the claims made on
behalf of the Revealed Gods of the Desert.

> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy

Maybe because most people, or at least most educated or informed people,
realize, but just because it works for you is not mean it will work for
them. Your ignorance on the subject of human requirements for a
fulfilling and spiritual life is phenomenal, and yet extremely common
among those they claim they have a personal pet named god, or in your
case, Jesus the Christ. The one history cannot find even know it has
been heavily searched for. It does not matter to you, your ignorance
will not permit it to matter, it feels your need for a warm spot in a
region of the crotch, and that is all that really matters in your case.

> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled

I see you have more ignorant than is really good for you to demonstrate
in public. A conscience of good and evil, meaningless babble way you
presented. The ability to distinguish between good and evil, as relates
to the individual or society, is an evolutionary leftover from back when
we were just a hair above the animal stage. If you doubt this, try going
on a killing spree. Just because you can, and as a xian, obviously. God
told you to. Society will not buy this, and you know this, unless you
have gone over the deep edge due to your mythology. This does happen, a
specially in societies that are heavily influenced by the mythology known
as xianity. I suspect the truth may be the same for any of the group
that follows the revealed gods of the desert. The original, one known as
él, and his greatest of children, Jesus of Nazareth and Allah. Oh that's
right, you would not be aware of él, for your handlers have not informed
you of the reality for your myth is concerned, the reality that it's
synthetic and syncretic.

> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),a Soul (mind
> - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward something, and the

Unfortunately for you, souls, like gods, are absent from the sphere of
human experience. However, like gods, there are those that claim they
exist even know they can write no evidence in support of the claim. In
other words, you are starting just so much hot air.

> actions resulting from that will - this is your essence -who you
> personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this essense

In a word, bullshit. Xians do not believe in Yahweh, but in Christ, who
supposedly is the son of yahweh and was trained by Yahweh for about 4000
years prior to his grand entrance. Of course, that brings to mind the
old saw, like father like son. Yahweh did in fact strongly resemble the
kings of old, only he was supersized.

> of you when you die), and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five
> senses, if you exist only to please those five senses thats called
> living in the flesh or living in sin, but is not only limited to
> Flesh

I certainly hope you don't babble like this in public, or if you do, you
do it the privacy own bathroom looking in the mirror.

> but also selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and
> ego), words, and deeds.

That would require me to become a xian, something that I cannot ethically
do. Somehow or another, the idea of a pet god is repulsive to me. Maybe
it's because, the result of believing in his pet god, the xian one in
particular, seems to have a corrosive effect on the majority of people
that encounter it. I have yet to meet a xian, who sets the biblical
example. Or, even understands what first Century xianity was. It
certainly is not, what is practiced today. Of course, how many xians
today even understand the foundation of the mythology can probably be
counted on both hands. And then only because they are academics.

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others

Not in the United States, it doesn't.

> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.

It doesn't matter what you believe, but it does matter what you can show.
All you has shown so far as a dog and pony show based on personal desire
for a life you do not deserve. If you're a typical xian. Rather than
getting on with it, and doing the best you can with what you have and
they can life is good possible for others, you wait for a second life.
In one of the worst heavens ever claimed by humanity.

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

So trot it out already, you're not demonstrating it, you're acting like a
typical xian troll whose only concern is growing attention to themselves.
By pretending to be such a good little boy that everyone simply has to
adore them. Care to guess again?

> Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives atheists
> to hate real Christians that practice selfless living (remember no
> one
> is perfect especially Christians, but true Christians recognized and
> acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)

By claiming no one is perfect, you're excusing the flaws in your
character that you could correct. I don't know what perfect is myself,
and neither do you. I do know, when, what around doing is less than
beneficial to society, I need to re-examine it & see if that is what is
really required. I know that when I walk into a store and cashiers to
see me in line, if they frown. I have been doing something injurious to
them, consistently complaining, argue about the prices, telling them I
don't want what they have and they need to get what I want, etc. On the
other hand, if they glanced up and they grin or smile, I'm doing right by
that person.

> Does a True Atheist believe in a Real Body of which most of us have
> five senses to please or self deny out of selflessness and do good or
> evil with that body, that that body is either alive (with Spirit) or
> pile of dead flesh, Do they believe a person creates thoughts, has
> emotions, and will (goal , desire, or self created purpose - be it
> good or evil) (Christians call it a soul and believe it can be saved
> or kept).

I don't know what your definition of a true atheist is, and by the way,
the word is not capitalized unless it's the first word in a sentence. It
is simply a noun, borrowed from the Greek combination of a, to be
without, & theos, belief in gods. Did you notice the plural there,
humanity has many gods, yours is but one of many, and has the least
evidence in spite of the popularity. But then, it appeals to greed,
self-interest, special status, and the majority of the vanities and
humanity. It's very good and stroking egos and telling you you are so
special that god wants you in his company for eternity. Given the
description of Yahweh, your Satan would be a better companion for
eternity. At least, according to mythology, he told the truth to Adam &
Eve & did not lie to them.

> Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?

Atheist, your dog & pony show is just that. Only your case, it's minus
ring, and ringmaster. It does not even have a tent or seats for the
spectators.

> Dare to go further than that?

In spite of your verbosity, and tail chasing, you have nothing to offer
me. It had nothing to offer anybody else, except logical fallacies based
on personal needs. Needs that quite a few people do not have, for they
are busy living their lives and not worrying about, oh, the state of
somebody else's spiritual journey.

> How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> a chosen nation out of Slaves?

The exodus that never happened?

> The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling
> evidence?)

No, as matter of fact, it is not. It is a logical fallacy based
series/program. It starts out stating a fact, that which is not known,
and finding supporting evidence to, surprisingly enough, prove the
validity of the claim.

As enthralled with xianity as Greece is, it's rather hard to believe it's
something that is supposedly so easily recognizable as the Ark of the
covenant, is hidden in plain sight within their building. I have watched
the video, and I am totally unimpressed because I asked questions they
avoid.

> http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-1&
> oq=#

> Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> person.

Smoke and mirrors do not work for me, and the entire promotional film, is
based on what ifs. Rather than what is. I don't call that variety of
film a documentary, rather I call it a work of apologetic nature.

> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.

How always have that option, the option to think for myself, learned for
myself, find information that others deny themselves, and grow mentally,
and on occasion, spiritually. All without the need of an orchestrated
dog and pony show. And you?

> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the

I certainly hope you're seeing a psychiatrist about your current delusion
that you are presenting in fact. This atheist and not care what you
believe in the realm of weird things. Keep those things out of my
schools & my politics, and there will be no problems from me where you
are concerned. Failure to do so, will invoke action, part that you will
probably not find favorable to your cause or your ego.

> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.

The Bible, more properly known as the Hebrew Bible, does not mention a
god man as a messiah. A certainty should know who their messiah is
because they have had messiahs before. The missing King David, as
described in the Hebrew Bible, and the very real Korash, who you may
vaguely be aware of as Cyrus the Great. They have no other messiahs, and
they are waiting on one, or even possibly too according to the latest
thinking. They had to revise because the world has changed so
drastically.

> Whose choice is it anyway?

You have a choice, be a sheep, or be human. The two are not
incompatible, but generally speaking, a sheep have a poor and less
fulfilling life. They claim otherwise, but they have together in flocks
with regularity to have their ego's stroked and told, their pet loves
him. That's the nature of pets, to love their owners. Or your pet, had
been known, according to the Hebrew Bible, to just simply give you a bad
century and the hell with a bad hair day. Of course, the Greek
testaments try to change that all around, and those that are incapable of
understanding that things are too good to be true. Usually are not real,
or require a price that no one can afford, on the recent con men are so
successful with xians. They're greedy, as most humans are. Only their
greed is condoned by a god and therefore, it must be all right to get
something for nothing.

The above circular and confused reasoning is what I see every time one of
the trolls decides to see if it can convince itself, that is a child of
god, a special person, who will get stars in his crown. If he makes it
to Heaven™, after all, if you don't play the game according to the rules,
you don't get to go. And pretending will cut it because, supposedly,
your god knows. Yet the conduct of the average Xian I have encountered
indicates, they think they can fool their gods.

> An informed You, or the Atheist - who tells you they know more than
> you and therefore you should just accept
> their opinion as the Truth.

And who is not? Are they as frequently encountered as people like you?
Or, like a gods, figments of your imagination?

> If you think that little of yourself and your own ability to make up
> your own mind, then I guess you're willing to stake your life on the
> opinion they're right.

Yet, he thinks a little of yourself you're willing to take the word of
others and failed to do the readily available research that would
establish whether or not such an entity could exist, will exist, or, in
case the Hebrew Bible, it's a national saga, which almost every nation
has one of.

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
> choose its your choice to make!

It's quite correct, and for myself, I believe in one less pantheon than
you do. In my atheism, I neglect to believe in your gods, after all, may
suffer from the same disease the other gods do. It's known as lacka, and
is common to any god claim made by a human. Lack of evidence, and lack
of need.

> Bible
> http://www.biblegateway.com/

You've never really read the Bible, have you? When did yahweh go from
being a bad guy to a good guy. According to the Hebrew Bible. And what
is the passage?

> Encouraging Sermons
> http://www.newcreationwoc.com/audio

You do realize, one hopes, his sermons are contradictory to first century
xianity. Which supposedly would be as close to what you're missing a
messiah wants than what you practice today? Probably not, and you
wouldn't be able to believe it if the information was presented to you by
someone you thought you trusted. After all, you believe you are right,
in spite of the evidence against you. And that too is all right, but you
really should learn how to house train yourself to conduct yourself when
you are imposing on others. By presenting your erroneous views in
inappropriate venues. Such is the atheist newsgroup, on the majority
that post from the US have been xians.

walksalone, who has long since understood that there are people who
cannot stand tranquilly among others that do not share their
misconceptions about reality. The leaves but one problem for their
victims, do we shoot them and put them out of misery, forcibly educate
them, or a small dog, cock a leg & pee all over their leg. Personally,
when they include on me, inclination is to cock the leg and let it fly.

All religions are the same: religion is basically guilt, with different
holidays. -Cathy Ladman, comedian, writer, actress (1955- )

jc

13 Mar 2009, 10:22:0813/03/2009

This is a little like the people who call
gays "militant" when they get upset about
being told they're going to hell.

I don't hate people for being Christian and I don't
know too many atheists who do. More particularly,
I can't think of any cases of
atheists sending death threats to outspoken Christians,
their families, judges who rule against their causes,
etc. I had the pleasure of meeting Daniel Dennett
a while back and he told me his university had
forced both him and his secretary to install panic
buttons in their offices because they were so worried,
so don't lecture me about hate.

I've learned there's almost no correlation between a
person's abstract philosophical beliefs and their
behavior, so I judge them entirely on the latter.

So, no, I don't hate "Christians", but I'm guessing
I hate you.

-jc

On Mar 13, 6:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> [...]

> person.
>

> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.
>

> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the

> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.
>

> Whose choice is it anyway?
>

> An informed You, or the Atheist - who tells you they know more than
> you and therefore you should just accept
> their opinion as the Truth.
>

> If you think that little of yourself and your own ability to make up
> your own mind, then I guess you're willing to stake your life on the
> opinion they're right.
>

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You

Syd

13 Mar 2009, 10:46:0413/03/2009
On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

Because they do what you are doing, IE, busting into someone else's
space and preaching where it is not welcome or expected. When you can
respect other people's beliefs we'll respect you, but as long as you
keep bullying your way around, we'll call you on it.

PDW

Sanity's Little Helper

13 Mar 2009, 12:04:1413/03/2009
It is an ancient "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net>, and he posteth:

> From: "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.christnet.philosophy,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.messianic,alt.religion.christian.baptist
> Subject: Why Do Atheists Loath and Despise Christians?
> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700 (PDT)

OrgName: HickoryTech Corporation
OrgID: HICKO
Address: 2730 3rd Avenue
Address: P.O. Box 3288
City: Mankato
StateProv: MN
PostalCode: 56002-3288
Country: US

NetRange: 69.24.160.0 - 69.24.191.255
CIDR: 69.24.160.0/19
NetName: HTCO-BLK-2
NetHandle: NET-69-24-160-0-1
Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.HICKORYTECH.NET
NameServer: NS2.HICKORYTECH.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2003-02-14
Updated: 2003-11-20

OrgAbuseHandle: COPYR-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: DMCA Copyright Notifications
OrgAbusePhone: +1-507-387-1151
OrgAbuseEmail: copy...@hickorytech.net

OrgAbuseHandle: HANS-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: HickoryTech Abuse and Network Security
OrgAbusePhone: +1-507-387-6430
OrgAbuseEmail: ab...@hickorytech.net

Abuse report sent.

--
David Silverman
aa #2208

Not authentic without this signature.

Sanity's Little Helper

13 Mar 2009, 12:07:2413/03/2009
It is an ancient MarkA <to...@nowhere.com>, and he posteth:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:
>
> We don't despise ALL Christians; just the despicable ones. Is that a
> tautology?

The jury's out on that one, Thanks for the evidence R.S.

Twangman

13 Mar 2009, 12:10:4513/03/2009
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:50:06 -0400, MarkA <to...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:
>
>We don't despise ALL Christians; just the despicable ones. Is that a
>tautology?

If it ain't, i'tauta be.

Mike Painter

13 Mar 2009, 13:12:2313/03/2009
R.S. wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those,
<snip>

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others
> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.

I certainly don't think any of you are wroth hating or despising.
You all make the same basic claim but then attack each other for not having
the One True Belief. You have lost the ability to kill each other over
these beliefs and for the most part have lost the ability to ruin the lives
of those who don't believe as you do.
You ignore the parts of the bible that don't suit your economic status. If
Christians did in fact show such concern for the well being of others this
land would be a much nicer place.

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

Perhaps you and the other two One True Christians practice this "Selfless
Love " but I would be surprised if you did.
The money you spend each month on the Internet could feed someone in Africa
for a month.
Do you have cable TV?
How many hours do you volunteer a month to help others?
Do you own a car? Can you honestly say that your needs can not be met with
public transportation and an occasional cab?

> Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives atheists
> to hate real Christians that practice selfless living (remember no
> one
> is perfect especially Christians, but true Christians recognized and
> acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)

Ther's the get out of jail free card "no one is perfect" may be true but it
does not excuse you from not giving up your toys to help people.
It does not excuse you from working on a soup line, or doing some of teh
otehr community service activities that are needed.

<snip>

> The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling
> evidence?)

No. Read "Who wrote the Bible" if you want a summation of over 100 years of
compelling evidence.

Jim Austin

13 Mar 2009, 13:26:2213/03/2009
On Mar 13, 4:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> a dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus
> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled
> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),a Soul (mind
> - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward something, and the
> actions resulting from that will - this is your essence -who you
> personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this essense
> of you when you die), and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five
> senses, if you exist only to please those five senses thats called
> living in the flesh or living in sin, but is not only limited to
> Flesh
> but also selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and
> ego), words, and deeds.

I don't hate Christians.

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others
> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.
>

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

Selfless Love is a contradiction in terms. True love is selfish. It is
a reaction to certain traits of another person. To love everybody is
to love nobody, to decide nobody deserves any special treatment, as in
treatment reserved for loved ones.

> Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives atheists
> to hate real Christians that practice selfless living (remember no
> one
> is perfect especially  Christians, but true Christians recognized and
> acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)

Christians who claim to love everybody in facts loves nobody, which
explains much of their actions.

> Does a True Atheist believe in a Real Body of which most of us have
> five senses to please or self deny out of selflessness and do good or
> evil with that body, that that body is either alive (with Spirit) or
> a pile of dead flesh, Do they believe a person creates thoughts, has
> emotions, and will (goal , desire, or self created purpose - be it
> good or evil) (Christians call it a soul and believe it can be saved
> or kept).

Christianity is in fact opposed to any and all pleasures, including
that of the mind.

> Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?

Still an atheist.

> Dare to go further than that?

Further than what?

> How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> a chosen nation out of Slaves?

Question assumes facts not in evidence.

> The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling

> evidence?)http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-...

History Channel documentaries on the Exodus seeks rational
explanations on the supposed miracles reported.

> Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> person.

Still an atheist.

> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.

No amount of information supports arbitrary claims of Christians.

> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the
> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.

No. Denying people the right to make decisions about what they think
is strictly a Christian trait.

> Whose choice is it anyway?

Mine.

> An informed You, or the Atheist - who tells you they know more than
> you and therefore you should just accept
> their opinion as the Truth.

I certainly don't accept the irrational drivel from Christians as
truth.

> If you think that little of yourself and your own ability to make up
> your own mind, then I guess you're willing to stake your life on the
> opinion they're right.

No. Christians are the ones who forgo their own observations and
passively go by the opinion of others. Indeed, faith in God starts out
as absolute faith in somebody who asserts there is a God.

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
> choose its your choice to make!

I know of no smart person who accepts the irrational ravings of
Christians.

<Snip> Signature block.

Terry Cross

13 Mar 2009, 13:34:1613/03/2009
On Mar 13, 4:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus
> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled
> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),

The creepy unspoken truth is that most outspoken Atheists are really
Jews who were schooled in Christian-hatred from their earliest
childhood.

Mention the Holocaust and watch how many "Atheists" leap to their feet
to defend Israel.

TCross

chibiabos

13 Mar 2009, 13:35:2713/03/2009
In article
R.S. <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus
> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit

Because you're collectively so in-your-face rude about it. You're
everywhere and you never let us forget it. Can't walk a city block
without seeing one of your temples. Your slogans are on our money. You
make national policy based on Bronze-Age Middle Eastern myths. You
extort money, time and energy from your sheep with no real return on
investment. And you demand that everyone else think the same way you
do.

If you would just keep your foolish ideas and beliefs to yourself,
things would be a lot better for everyone, including atheists.

-chib

--
Member of SMASH
Sarcastic Middle-Aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor

panam...@hotmail.com

13 Mar 2009, 13:39:5413/03/2009
On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

snip

Not all of `em. Just the pablum-sucking morons who post their dumbass
fairy tales into alt.atheism as if any of that stupid shit ever
happened.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!

JohnH

13 Mar 2009, 14:50:0013/03/2009
"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God
must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that
diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Granted, that is a hard saying, but if you never learn anything else
about Christians and our Bibles, at least try understanding this about
us: Christianity is having biblical faith. You don't have to understand
it completely, however. Just understanding it enough to be a little
more sensitive or considerate would be helpful.

Uncle Vic

13 Mar 2009, 14:51:3413/03/2009
One fine day in alt.atheism, "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
> choose its your choice to make!

I already have.

> Bible
> http://www.biblegateway.com/

From your site:

Verse of the day

“[More Than Conquerors] And we know that in all things God works for the
good of those who love him, who have been called according to his
purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Your god sure missed the boat by sending Katrina into New Orleans,
destroying hundreds of churches, but missing the entire French Quarter.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

Terry Cross

13 Mar 2009, 15:07:2713/03/2009

Meditate carefully on that statement. Jesus does not require faith in
the Bible. Jesus requires faith in God. Biblical faith makes you
totally dependent on the authors, translators, and printers of the
Bible. I suggest that where evil and human failings are afoot,
Biblical faith is not sufficient.

TCross

Christopher A. Lee

13 Mar 2009, 15:07:4213/03/2009

What kind of fucking moron rudely and stupidly cites the Bible in the
real world outside his religion to people he knows aren't Christian?

>Granted, that is a hard saying, but if you never learn anything else
>about Christians and our Bibles, at least try understanding this about
>us: Christianity is having biblical faith. You don't have to understand
>it completely, however. Just understanding it enough to be a little
>more sensitive or considerate would be helpful.

Your kind of fuckiing moron.

--

Agent 5 users can filter 90% of Usenet spam using
message-id: {google}

George

13 Mar 2009, 15:17:5013/03/2009

R.S. wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being

I think hate is a too strong a term for the pity I feel for innocents
sucked in by a rapacious belief system.
I have a list of some 5000 deities, each of which was just as
fanatically believed in as is the current crop.
And all of which have faded into history as rational thought grew
amongst the supporting populations.
There are no gods!

Thommadura

13 Mar 2009, 16:16:1013/03/2009

Nonsense

These are not anyone else's space - these are OPEN Usenet discussion
groups. You do not get to decide who is welcome or not.

A discussion group will have persons from ALL sides of an issue - not
just those that agree with your personal delusion. There will be people
who are on the side of PROVABLE truth - of which religion has none.

If YOU want a one sided relgious discussion - join a catholic church -
they will be happy to compeltely ignore you!

Sanity's Little Helper

13 Mar 2009, 15:20:4013/03/2009
It is an ancient Uncle Vic <add...@withheld.com>, and he posteth:

> One fine day in alt.atheism, "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>
>> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
>> choose its your choice to make!
>
> I already have.
>

>> Bible
>> http://www.biblegateway.com/
>
> From your site:
>
> Verse of the day
>
> “[More Than Conquerors] And we know that in all things God works for the
> good of those who love him, who have been called according to his
> purpose.”- Romans 8:28
>
> Your god sure missed the boat by sending Katrina into New Orleans,
> destroying hundreds of churches, but missing the entire French Quarter.

You have to wonder about this God guy, I mean, he did get a homosexual to
commission the first and most popular English version of his Wholly Babble

Christopher A. Lee

13 Mar 2009, 15:24:5513/03/2009
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:16:10 -0500, Thommadura
<tomm...@optonline.net> wrote:

>Syd wrote:
>> On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>>> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

Why are so many theists such dishonest, bigoted liars?

>> Because they do what you are doing, IE, busting into someone else's
>> space and preaching where it is not welcome or expected. When you can
>> respect other people's beliefs we'll respect you, but as long as you
>> keep bullying your way around, we'll call you on it.
>>
>> PDW
>
>Nonsense
>
>These are not anyone else's space - these are OPEN Usenet discussion
>groups. You do not get to decide who is welcome or not.
>
>A discussion group will have persons from ALL sides of an issue - not
>just those that agree with your personal delusion. There will be people
>who are on the side of PROVABLE truth - of which religion has none.
>
>If YOU want a one sided relgious discussion - join a catholic church -
>they will be happy to compeltely ignore you!

Alt.atheism was not set up for religionists to "discuss" their
religion with the presumption that is factual, but for atheists to
discuss our own issues.

The content of somebody else's religion is hardly an issue because it
merely what somebody else believes.

Theists who are prepared to discuss them from our point of view are
welcome.

But the kind of theist we get far too many of here, are themselves
part of the wider issue of the behaviour towards atheists these days.

Syd

13 Mar 2009, 15:56:1113/03/2009

We don't care; Keep it to yourself, and it'll be better for everyone.
But you can't, you have to tell everyone, wether they want to hear it
or not.

PDW

Syd

13 Mar 2009, 15:57:5013/03/2009

Look son- Alt-ATHEISM. Not Alt-PLEASECOMEANDPREACHATUS.
We don't want to hear it. Don't bring it here, and we won't take you
to task.

PDW

L.Roberts

13 Mar 2009, 16:31:3513/03/2009
> [...]

> person.
>
> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.
>
> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the
> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.
>
> Whose choice is it anyway?
>
> An informed You, or the Atheist - who tells you they know more than
> you and therefore you should just accept
> their opinion as the Truth.
>
> If you think that little of yourself and your own ability to make up
> your own mind, then I guess you're willing to stake your life on the
> opinion they're right.
>
> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You

As a former so called believer, for me, it is because most of them, to
me, are loathsome and despicable.

L.Roberts
aa # 2258

JohnH

13 Mar 2009, 16:55:0613/03/2009
Look, we're all people trying to live together in this world. Mike
mentioned soup lines and doing community services, and that means he's
interested in people. What's wrong with trying to help people see that
Christians are people, too?

> PDW

XaurreauX

13 Mar 2009, 17:38:5413/03/2009
On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh-

Actually, most people I know identify with Christianity and are mature
adults unlike the superstitious, willfull ignoramuses who post in
these forums.

David Canzi

13 Mar 2009, 17:45:2313/03/2009
If you think we hate all Christians, you're probably generalizing
from a sample size of 1.

--
David Canzi

Twangman

13 Mar 2009, 17:53:5313/03/2009
Why Do Atheists Loath and Despise Christians?

Well, generally speaking, we don't.

This whole, "atheists hate us, and persecute us", thing is just a bullshit line that
christian fanatics, tell each other, so that they can feel all tingly in their tightie
whities, because this is what Jesus said would happen.

They need to feel persecuted, so that they can tell them selves how righteous they are,
and if they are not personally being persecuted, then they buy into an urban myth, that
says that 88% of the population, is being persecuted by just 8%.

88%, BTW, who do everything in their power to make sure that the 8%, will never be in a
position to even stand up for their rights, never mind persecute the majority.

It is members of the 88%, who picket the funerals of your soldiers who are killed in
action.
The 8% might disagree with what they are supposedly fighting for, but they honour their
bravery, and their sacrifice.

But according to the 88%, being forced to abide by the laws, and the constitution, is
persecution.

Andy W

13 Mar 2009, 18:50:2913/03/2009
On 13 Mar, 11:05, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

That must look really weird to the readers in the Christian
newsgroups...

<snips>

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others
> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.
>

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

Ask a dozen Christians what true Christianity is like and you get a
dozen different answers, all describing how that Christian sees
himself.

<snip>>

> Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?
>
> Dare to go further than that?
>
> How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> a chosen nation out of Slaves?
>

> The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling

> evidence?)http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-...
>
> Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> person.

I thought humility was supposed to be a Christian virtue. But look at
you: first you tell us how we feel instead of asking, then imagine
that a few lines of really badly written drivel will be sufficient to
convert us from atheists to believers just like that. That's not
humility, it's prideful arrogance.

Andy

Liz

13 Mar 2009, 19:27:5513/03/2009
On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus
> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled
> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),a Soul (mind
> - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward something, and the
> actions resulting from that will - this is your essence -who you
> personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this essense
> of you when you die), and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five
> senses, if you exist only to please those five senses thats called
> living in the flesh or living in sin, but is not only limited to
> Flesh
> but also selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and
> ego), words, and deeds.

Wow! That's a lot to believe without a lick of supporting evidence.

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others
> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.
>
> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

Hippity Hop to the Barber Shop. See I can capitalize random words,
too. It makes what I say oh so much more meaningful.

Is this post an example of your selfless love? If so, your love is
hard to differentiate from sanctimonious twaddle.

> Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives atheists
> to hate real Christians that practice selfless living (remember no
> one
> is perfect especially  Christians, but true Christians recognized and
> acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)

Christians merely ask God© to forgive them when they do something
wrong. A Christian who asks forgiveness from the real person they
have actually harmed seems exceedingly rare.

BTW, I don't hate you. I merely don't believe your silly notions,
which being the True© Christian that you are, you interpret as
persecution.

> Does a True Atheist believe in a Real Body of which most of us have
> five senses to please or self deny out of selflessness and do good or
> evil with that body, that that body is either alive (with Spirit) or
> pile of dead flesh, Do they believe a person creates thoughts, has
> emotions, and will (goal , desire, or self created purpose - be it
> good or evil) (Christians call it a soul and believe it can be saved
> or kept).

Christians call a lot of things by names that don't have any real
world referent. Naming an imaginary thing does not make it exist.

> Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?

Yes, still an atheist, you silly little person.

FYI: the word atheist is not capitalized unless it is at the
beginning of a sentence. Same for agnostic, but then you capitalize
word like Real and Little, so I guess that the rules aren't that
important to you.

> Dare to go further than that?
>
> How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> a chosen nation out of Slaves?

I don't believe that fairy tales have any validity.

[---]

> Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> person.

Ah, no.

> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.

Ooooooooo. Scary.

> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the
> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.

Ah, no.

> Whose choice is it anyway?

I'm pro choice. That means that every individual choses for him/
herself.

[----]

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
> choose its your choice to make!

I choose reality.

May Lint© show you the way.

Liz #658

Ted L

13 Mar 2009, 19:53:0013/03/2009
On Mar 13, 12:26 pm, Jim Austin <b...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Just so you don't die in your own conceit, be not deceived, God is not
mocked. By one man sin entered into the world and death by sin, and
so all men die (for all have sinned). You love the darkness because
your deeds are evil, and you blithely hope you can make a compact with
death and hell in order to avert the coming wrath that will torment
your soul to everlasting. God promises you won't escape his wrath,
and your compact with death and hell isn't just voidable, it shall be
annulled. In your agony and desparation you will pray to the your god
to fall on you, but it won't hear because your wicked heart made it
all up so that you could fulfill the desires of your wicked heart for
a season; but that season is coming to an end and a new one is
approaching. Unless ye repent you will be torn out by the roots and
cast into the fire where your worm shall not die, neither shall your
fire be quenched; and you shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

"What must I do to be Saved?"
http://www.wayoflife.org/whatmust.htm

Message has been deleted

Thommadura

13 Mar 2009, 22:19:0613/03/2009

We don't question christians - until they start with the nonsense that
their reigious belief is TRUTH and the ONLY way - and we will not be
saved - and all the other nonsensical claims that have no basis in fact
or truth.

For the most part - we attack the religion - not the people.
As a former long time christian who had the religion convince him that
it is nothing but a fraud - It is just as much my right to discuss the
religion from the side of PROVABLE truth - as it is yours to be deluded
by the nonsense.

Thommadura

13 Mar 2009, 22:21:4313/03/2009

First - I am a great grandfather - Sonny.

Second - if you don't like it - you leave - YOU have no right to ask me to.

I really don't care what YOU want.

Thommadura

13 Mar 2009, 22:22:1013/03/2009

And YOU do the same thing

We are only correcting your errors for you.

Terry Cross

13 Mar 2009, 21:40:3813/03/2009
On Mar 13, 7:21 pm, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net> wrote:

> I really don't care what YOU want.

And for that attitude, there is a clinical name derived from the Greek
- as all good medical names should be.

TCross

Jim Austin

13 Mar 2009, 21:45:0013/03/2009

Such believers are congenitally incapable to forming an argument that
doesn't presuppose their own conclusion. Problem is, it only works on
those already predisposed to believe.

> "What must I do to be Saved?"

From what?

<Snip> The rest.

Smiler

13 Mar 2009, 23:17:0313/03/2009

Whoa!
First show objective evidence that this god character exists, then we'll
talk.

Smiler,
The godless one
a.a.# 2279

R.S.

13 Mar 2009, 23:33:1813/03/2009
On Mar 13, 5:50 pm, Andy W <vor...@mailinator.com> wrote:
> On 13 Mar, 11:05, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>
> > Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
>
> That must look really weird to the readers in the Christian
> newsgroups...
>
> <snips>
>

> > True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> > selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> > others
> > (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> > but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.
>
> > Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> > what real Christianity is.
>
> Ask a dozen Christians what true Christianity is like and you get a
> dozen different answers, all describing how that Christian sees
> himself.

The whole new testament describes what the character of a christian
should be like.
so when in doubt christians or thier accusers should refer to the
operating instructions (The King James Version Bible)

> <snip>>
>
> > Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?
>
> > Dare to go further than that?
>
> > How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> > a chosen nation out of Slaves?
>
> > The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling
> > evidence?)http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-...
>
> > Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> > person.
>
> I thought humility was supposed to be a Christian virtue. But look at
> you: first you tell us how we feel instead of asking, then imagine
> that a few lines of really badly written drivel will be sufficient to
> convert us from atheists to believers just like that. That's not
> humility, it's prideful arrogance.

O.K., if name calling makes you feel better go ahead,
if this little phase upsets you that much,
sorry, but you do seem pretty touchy though.

> Andy

If you chose not to agree with me thats O.K.
this is only my expressed opinion not verified facts,
if I have offended you, sorry, it is your own act of free will choice
not mine.

Mike Painter

13 Mar 2009, 23:52:3213/03/2009
JohnH wrote:
<snip>

as Shown on the History Channel (Is this
>>> compeling evidence?)

>> No. Read "Who wrote the Bible" if you want a summation of over 100
>> years of compelling evidence.
>>

> "Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to
> God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that
> diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).
>
> Granted, that is a hard saying, but if you never learn anything else
> about Christians and our Bibles, at least try understanding this about
> us: Christianity is having biblical faith. You don't have to
> understand it completely, however. Just understanding it enough to
> be a little more sensitive or considerate would be helpful.

There you go, The first response to my post tells me that something elxe is
required to be a True Christian.
Only 28,998 more to be heard from, then the ones who don't belong to one of
those groups can start.

R.S.

14 Mar 2009, 03:55:2114/03/2009
Why do atheists so hate and despise those, who believe they have

Spirit (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- which animates the body)
this is the difference between being alive and being a dead lifeless
corpse.

Soul (mind - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward something,
and the

actions resulting from that will).

This is defined as your essence - who you personally are.

Body (The Flesh) exists in the realm of your concept of reality of the
world as perceived

by your five senses, if you exist only to please those five senses
thats called

living in the flesh, living for the world, or living in sin.

But sin is not only limited to Flesh but also selfish or outright evil

thoughts
(self-centeredness and ego), words, and deeds.

Christian lifestyle defined by the King James Version of the Bible is

selflessness and a true heartfelt concern

for the well-being of others (love not lust).

They believe they are three part beings with a physical body, but also
have that above defined spirit and soul.

Sorry, if you loath the selfless love for others concept, but know it
is what real christianity is.

Anything else is fake christianity and is no more than self-promoting
idoltary and performing for cash (also called religion).

This is what drives atheists to hate real christians that practice
semi-selfless living.
No one is perfect, christians prove this fact daily, but grace, and
true humbleness and contritness,
help a christian to improve thier character.

True christians attempt to live the selfless life doing good to
others, not for self recognition,
but as a result of appreciation for what they believe Jesus did for
them on the cross (opinion),

When they make mistakes attempt to quickly correct and minimize
offenses to others
seeking forgiveness from those they wrong and make an honest effort
not to offend anyone.

Does a true atheist believe in:

A real body of which has five senses to indulge or limit selfishness.
Doing good or evil with that body.

Also that, the body, is either alive (with spirit) or a lifeless
corpse.

That a person creates thoughts, has emotions, and a will

(goal , desire, or self created purpose - be it good or evil)

(Christians call these traits thier soul and believe they can be
kept).

How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to
create
a chosen nation out of Slaves?

The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (not proof but
thought provoking)
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-...

Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an

informed decision.

Some atheists will deny people the right to make their own descision
about
whether or not Jesus lived the life the King James Bible said he did.

And also who the Bible says he is and not allow you the choice to
decide for
yourself to accept what it says he did for you or not.

Whose choice is it anyway?

An informed you, or the atheist - who tells you they know more than
you and therefore you should just accept their opinion as the truth.

If you think that little of yourself and your own ability to make up
your own mind, then I guess you're willing to stake your life on the
opinion they're right.

Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way you
choose because its your choice to make!

Atheists please ignore all below this line it is not there to offend
you and since
you believe there is no God you need not waste your time with my
drivle.(opinion)

Bible
http://www.biblegateway.com/

Read these verses out loud so you may understand thier real meaning.

Romans 3:23
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%203:23;&version=31;

Romans 6:23 (underline sin, line out death and replace with Hell,
circle in)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%206:23;&version=31;

John 3:3 (x t Why did Jesus come to die?)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%203:3;&version=31;

John 14:6
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%2014:6;&version=31;

Romans 10:9-10 (Read it again out loud.)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans%2010:9-10;&version=31;

Revelations 3:20 (If you we.re offered a good gift, for no reason, and
all you had to do to get it is to accept it. What would you do?)
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelations%203:20;&version=31;

I just want to show you where I'm coming from, not that you have to
accept my beliefs.
They are mine alone, derive your own please.

O<

Lars Eighner

14 Mar 2009, 04:10:4614/03/2009
In our last episode,
<1f12ce13-d848-43d6...@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, the
lovely and talented R.S. broadcast on alt.atheism:

> Why do atheists so hate and despise

people who try to use the power of the state to impose their religious
fictions on others?

Could it be centuries of persecution?

--
Lars Eighner *Atheist #1965* use...@larseighner.com <http://larseighner.com/>
52 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

Message has been deleted

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

14 Mar 2009, 04:58:2714/03/2009
Morontheist R.S.:

> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

Why do you arserape 5 little boys a day?

--
"To his friend a man a friend shall prove, and gifts with gifts requite;
But men shall mocking with mockery answer, and fraud with falsehood meet."

My personal judgment of monotheism:
http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus

Robibnikoff

14 Mar 2009, 05:33:0414/03/2009

"R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote in message

> Why do you so hate and despise those,

Oh, fuck you, I don't hate anyone. I just have a low tolerance for stupid.
Now, run along. The adults want to talk.
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Robibnikoff

14 Mar 2009, 05:36:1414/03/2009

On Mar 13, 11:04 am, Sanity's Little Helper <elv...@noshpam.org>
wrote:
> It is an ancient "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net>, and he posteth:

> > From: "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net>
> > Newsgroups:
> > alt.atheism,alt.christnet.philosophy,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.messianic,alt.r苟ligion.christian.baptist
> > Subject: Why Do Atheists Loath and Despise Christians?
> > Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700 (PDT)
> > Organization:http://groups.google.com
> > alt.christnet.philosophy:35659 alt.bible.prophecy:30675349
> > alt.messianic:30580707 alt.religion.christian.baptist:31175088
>
> OrgName: HickoryTech Corporation
> OrgID: HICKO
> Address: 2730 3rd Avenue
> Address: P.O. Box 3288
> City: Mankato
> StateProv: MN
> PostalCode: 56002-3288
> Country: US
>
> NetRange: 69.24.160.0 - 69.24.191.255
> CIDR: 69.24.160.0/19
> NetName: HTCO-BLK-2
> NetHandle: NET-69-24-160-0-1
> Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
> NetType: Direct Allocation
> NameServer: NS1.HICKORYTECH.NET
> NameServer: NS2.HICKORYTECH.NET
> Comment:
> RegDate: 2003-02-14
> Updated: 2003-11-20
>
> OrgAbuseHandle: COPYR-ARIN
> OrgAbuseName: DMCA Copyright Notifications
> OrgAbusePhone: +1-507-387-1151
> OrgAbuseEmail: copyri...@hickorytech.net
>
> OrgAbuseHandle: HANS-ARIN
> OrgAbuseName: HickoryTech Abuse and Network Security
> OrgAbusePhone: +1-507-387-6430
> OrgAbuseEmail: ab...@hickorytech.net
>
> Abuse report sent.
>
> --
> David Silverman
> aa #2208
> Defender of Civilisationhttp://dave-grumpygit.blogspot.com/
>
> Not authentic without this signature.- Hide quoted text -

>Abuse????? Is this not an open group with alt views regarding atheism?

Nope. Now FOAD.

Twangman

14 Mar 2009, 05:37:0814/03/2009

...But I'll bet it isn't as hard to pronounce, as your problem.

Twangman

14 Mar 2009, 07:36:3314/03/2009
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:33:18 -0700 (PDT), "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

>On Mar 13, 5:50 pm, Andy W <vor...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>> On 13 Mar, 11:05, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

snip

>> Ask a dozen Christians what true Christianity is like and you get a
>> dozen different answers, all describing how that Christian sees
>> himself.
>>
>The whole new testament describes what the character of a christian
>should be like.
>so when in doubt christians or thier accusers should refer to the
>operating instructions (The King James Version Bible)

Which doesn't invalidate Andy's statement, one iota.

I would have gone farther, and suggested that if you ask a dozen christians, you will get
thirteen different answers and at least four fights.

snip

>> I thought humility was supposed to be a Christian virtue. But look at
>> you: first you tell us how we feel instead of asking, then imagine
>> that a few lines of really badly written drivel will be sufficient to
>> convert us from atheists to believers just like that. That's not
>> humility, it's prideful arrogance.
>>
>O.K., if name calling makes you feel better go ahead,
>if this little phase upsets you that much,
>sorry, but you do seem pretty touchy though.

That is more like the christians we are used to, lying at every opportunity

Stating facts, which Andy, was, is not name calling, or insulting.

By the by, it isn't persecution, either.

>> Andy
>
>If you chose not to agree with me thats O.K.
>this is only my expressed opinion

And a very insulting opinion it is.

> not verified facts,

Obviously.

>if I have offended you, sorry,

Yea, right.

>it is your own act of free will choice
>not mine.

Okay: let's test that.

If belief is a free choice, let us see you choosing not to believe, in your godonastick.

Dare you?

I think not.

Sla#s

14 Mar 2009, 08:36:4114/03/2009
R.S. wrote:
<SNIP Nonsense>

Atheists don't hate christians.

They do however hate hypocrites.

They dislike people to lazy to think for themselves, people who regardless
of evidence to the contrary insist their beliefs over rule common sense.

They also condemn people who abuse children, not just physically, mentally
as well, those who would withhold a real education from kids just to
perpetuate their delusions.

And finally they despise those who demand their delusions become the law of
the land, as did the Catholic Church in the middles ages, forcing rational
people into silence on pain of ostracism, torture or even death.

So no we don't hate and loath christians unless of course those christians
are deluded, hypocritical, lazy, despots!

Slatts

Mark K Bilbo

14 Mar 2009, 10:48:5714/03/2009
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is what
> real Christianity is.

Yeah. That explains all the snotty, arrogant, insulting, rude, vicious,
hate spewing Christians who come to alt.atheism...

--
Mark K. Bilbo a.a. #1423
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion

- H. L. Mencken

JohnH

14 Mar 2009, 11:16:0414/03/2009
Terry Cross wrote:

> On Mar 13, 11:50 am, JohnH <jo...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> Mike Painter wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> I certainly don't think any of you are wroth hating or despising.
>>> You all make the same basic claim but then attack each other for not having
>>> the One True Belief. You have lost the ability to kill each other over
>>> these beliefs and for the most part have lost the ability to ruin the lives
>>> of those who don't believe as you do.
>>> You ignore the parts of the bible that don't suit your economic status. If
>>> Christians did in fact show such concern for the well being of others this
>>> land would be a much nicer place.
>>> Perhaps you and the other two One True Christians practice this "Selfless
>>> Love " but I would be surprised if you did.
>>> The money you spend each month on the Internet could feed someone in Africa
>>> for a month.
>>> Do you have cable TV?
>>> How many hours do you volunteer a month to help others?
>>> Do you own a car? Can you honestly say that your needs can not be met with
>>> public transportation and an occasional cab?
>>> Ther's the get out of jail free card "no one is perfect" may be true but it
>>> does not excuse you from not giving up your toys to help people.
>>> It does not excuse you from working on a soup line, or doing some of teh
>>> otehr community service activities that are needed.
>>> <snip>

>>> No. Read "Who wrote the Bible" if you want a summation of over 100 years of
>>> compelling evidence.
>> "Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God
>> must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that
>> diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).
>>
>> Granted, that is a hard saying, but if you never learn anything else
>> about Christians and our Bibles, at least try understanding this about
>> us: Christianity is having biblical faith. You don't have to understand
>> it completely, however. Just understanding it enough to be a little
>> more sensitive or considerate would be helpful.
>
> Meditate carefully on that statement. Jesus does not require faith in
> the Bible. Jesus requires faith in God. Biblical faith makes you
> totally dependent on the authors, translators, and printers of the
> Bible. I suggest that where evil and human failings are afoot,
> Biblical faith is not sufficient.

Well, I suggest that you meditate even more carefully upon the following
statements:

Your definition of "biblical faith" is NOT the one that I put forth.

And, next time, ask a person what was meant before forming an entire
theology around an imagination.

> TCross

Syd

14 Mar 2009, 11:21:3214/03/2009
On Mar 13, 4:55 pm, JohnH <jo...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Syd wrote:
> > We don't care; Keep it to yourself, and it'll be better for everyone.
> > But you can't, you have to tell everyone, wether they want to hear it
> > or not.
>
> Look, we're all people trying to live together in this world.  Mike
> mentioned soup lines and doing community services, and that means he's
> interested in people.  What's wrong with trying to help people see that
> Christians are people, too?
>

> > PDW

Can't you do it without shoving your beliefs in our faces? We can
discuss anything you like, but recognize that we don't want bible
verses yelled at us, and it'll be better.

PDW

Syd

14 Mar 2009, 11:24:5214/03/2009
On Mar 13, 7:53 pm, Ted L <tedl...@ymail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 13, 12:26 pm, Jim Austin <b...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> Just so you don't die in your own conceit, be not deceived, God is not
> mocked.

<Unwanted preaching snipped>

> "What must I do to be Saved?"http://www.wayoflife.org/whatmust.htm

Not interested, Godboy.

PDW

Syd

14 Mar 2009, 11:27:5414/03/2009
On Mar 13, 10:21 pm, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net> wrote:
> Syd wrote:
> >> Nonsense
>
> >> These are not anyone else's space - these are OPEN Usenet discussion
> >> groups. You do not get to decide who is welcome or not.
>
> >> A discussion group will have persons from ALL sides of an issue - not
> >> just those that agree with your personal delusion. There will be people
> >> who are on the side of PROVABLE truth  - of which religion has none.
>
> >> If YOU want a one sided relgious discussion - join a catholic church -
> >> they will be happy to compeltely ignore you!
>
> > Look son- Alt-ATHEISM. Not Alt-PLEASECOMEANDPREACHATUS.
> > We don't want to hear it. Don't bring it here, and we won't take you
> > to task.
>
> > PDW
>
> First - I am a great grandfather - Sonny.

Maybe so, but your not wise, asshole.

> Second - if you don't like it - you leave  - YOU have no right to ask me to.

Ah, so you didn't notice where your crossposted this nonsense to, did
you asshole?
<Hint: I'm reading in alt.atheism. And I'm a regular there. YOU are
the invader.>

> I really don't care what YOU want.

Ah, so you have no intention of behaving in our group, eh?
Then, don't complain when you get called on it, old man.

PDW

Syd

14 Mar 2009, 11:28:4014/03/2009

You are preaching where it is not wanted. We don't want to hear it.

PDW

Syd

14 Mar 2009, 11:30:2614/03/2009
On Mar 14, 3:55 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do atheists so hate and despise those, who believe they have

Repeating your lie will not make it true.

<Snip repost of whining dribble>

PDW

Mitchell Holman

14 Mar 2009, 12:03:4414/03/2009
Mark K Bilbo <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote in news:721ueoFniblpU13
@mid.individual.net:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:
>
>> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is what
>> real Christianity is.
>
> Yeah. That explains all the snotty, arrogant, insulting, rude, vicious,
> hate spewing Christians who come to alt.atheism...

"I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good.
Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called
on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't
want pluralism."
-- Randall Terry, Republican Candidate for Florida Senate

Andy W

14 Mar 2009, 13:04:0014/03/2009
On 14 Mar, 03:33, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> On Mar 13, 5:50 pm, Andy W <vor...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>

> > On 13 Mar, 11:05, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>
> > > Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
>

> > > Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> > > what real Christianity is.
>
> > Ask a dozen Christians what true Christianity is like and you get a
> > dozen different answers, all describing how that Christian sees
> > himself.
>
> The whole new testament describes what the character of a christian
> should be like.

Even these bits?

Luke 14:26
If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his
wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he
cannot be my disciple.

1 John 3:15
Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no
murderer has eternal life in him.

Is it any wonder Christians can't agree...

> so when in doubt christians or thier accusers should refer to the
> operating instructions (The King James Version Bible)

Well there's how it should be, and how it is, and you have not refuted
my point by this.

> > <snip>>
>
> > > Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?
>
> > > Dare to go further than that?
>
> > > How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> > > a chosen nation out of Slaves?
>
> > > The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling
> > > evidence?)http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-...
>
> > > Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> > > person.
>
> > I thought humility was supposed to be a Christian virtue. But look at
> > you: first you tell us how we feel instead of asking, then imagine
> > that a few lines of really badly written drivel will be sufficient to
> > convert us from atheists to believers just like that. That's not
> > humility, it's prideful arrogance.
>
> O.K., if name calling makes you feel better go ahead,
> if this little phase upsets you that much,
> sorry, but you do seem pretty touchy though.

What name have I called you? I thought you would appreciate my
pointing out your shortcomings, it gives you the opportunity to
improve yourself and be a better Christian. Perhaps just a better
person would do.

> > Andy
>
> If you chose not to agree with me thats O.K.
> this is only my expressed opinion not verified facts,
> if I have offended you, sorry, it is your own act of free will choice
> not mine.

Offended? Hardly, it takes more than this to do such a thing to me.
This is just sport. I find it curious that you think taking offence is
a conscious choice though. Did you decide what your favourite food
was, or did it just happen to you?

Andy

Thommadura

14 Mar 2009, 14:10:1714/03/2009

Sorry - but this is not the USSR of 50 years ago
And I do not have to live to a communist who think he is in charge of
who can or cannot post in an open usenet group.

It is NOT your group to begin with - child.

Thommadura

14 Mar 2009, 14:12:3714/03/2009

So - don't read it then

You are the one causing your problem

AS an true Huxley Agnostic -I only believe in what can be proven true
about gods and religion - which was the original meaning of the word.
THere was NO indecision involved.

ANd nothing can be proven.

Thommadura

14 Mar 2009, 14:19:1514/03/2009

This country was NOT formed to be a christian nation - and to this date
- the christian god has yet to be a citizen of it. IT will never
officialy recognize a religion - it is just not going to happen
Religion itself will oppose that.

You forget that the largest christian denomiantion in the USA is
Catholic. However - there are 24,000 other christian denominations
recognized by the US government for tax purposes. There is NO dominant
single religion in the USA.

It is my guess that YOU would not want your children taught that the
POPE is the Supreme Infallible Pontiff of the only true christian church
in the world - and it is unlikely they would allow their children to be
told otherwise.

If there was a god - he wouldn't need humans to conquer anything.

panam...@hotmail.com

14 Mar 2009, 13:26:1114/03/2009
On Mar 14, 3:55 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do atheists so hate and despise those, who believe they have

snip

Look, the first time you posted this, we tried to answer you.

Posting this crap again is a perfect example of *why* you people are
treated so derisvely in this newsgroup. I don't care about your bible,
I don't care about your faith, and I don't care that you do-as long as
you keep it to yourself.

Do you really think repeating the same old crap is going to change
anyone's mind here? Buy a clue, idiot. If I didn't believe that stupid
shit when it came out of the mouths of my own parents, what on earth
makes you think I'll believe it coming from the likes of *you*?

Now take your moronic voodoo hoodoo nonsense, shove it up your greasy
little cunt, and get the fuck out of alt.atheism.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Syd

14 Mar 2009, 13:47:3714/03/2009

Ah, so you do not intend to follow the RULES of this group, eh?
Sucks for you.

> It is NOT your group to begin with - child.

It's not yours either, ignorant and nasty old man.

PDW

Syd

14 Mar 2009, 13:49:2214/03/2009

better idea, asshole old man; Don't post it.

> You are the one causing your problem

Projection noted.

> AS an true Huxley Agnostic -I only believe in what can be proven true
> about gods and religion - which was the original meaning of the word.
> THere was NO indecision involved.
>
> ANd nothing can be proven.

PDW

raven1

14 Mar 2009, 14:18:4914/03/2009
<ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

>Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

If you feel people hate you for your beliefs, have you ever considered
that the problem might rest with you being insistently obnoxious in
proclaiming them to people who aren't interested, rather than others
being intolerant?

Evangelicals never cease to amaze me: they're the first to bitch and
whine when people like Richard Dawkins promote atheism, then they
don't understand why people consider them obnoxious pricks when they
do the same for their beliefs. Here's a clue: it's not what you
believe, it's how you express it, and your insistence on doing so to
people who don't care what you believe. Act like an asshole, and
that's how people will treat you.

Mitchell Holman

14 Mar 2009, 14:42:4514/03/2009
Thommadura <tomm...@optonline.net> wrote in

> Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> Mark K Bilbo <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote in news:721ueoFniblpU13
>> @mid.individual.net:

>>> Yeah. That explains all the snotty, arrogant, insulting, rude,
>>> vicious, hate spewing Christians who come to alt.atheism...
>>>

>> "I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good.
>> Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are
>> called on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time.
>> We don't want pluralism."
>> -- Randall Terry, Republican Candidate for Florida Senate
>

> This country was NOT formed to be a christian nation -

Most rational people know that. Pity we
are surrounded by the irrational.

and to this
> date - the christian god has yet to be a citizen of it. IT will never
> officialy recognize a religion - it is just not going to happen
> Religion itself will oppose that.

Rightwingers hate quotes from their heroes.

"The Constitution established the United States of
America as a Christian nation"
John McCain, June 5 2008. The Constitution in fact
makes no mention of God or of Jesus or any religion
whatsoever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9izhjnaLa3M

> You forget that the largest christian denomiantion in the USA is
> Catholic. However - there are 24,000 other christian denominations
> recognized by the US government for tax purposes. There is NO dominant
> single religion in the USA.

Except on on the Supreme Court, which has been
majority Catholic for years.

> It is my guess that YOU would not want your children taught that the
> POPE is the Supreme Infallible Pontiff of the only true christian
> church in the world - and it is unlikely they would allow their
> children to be told otherwise.
>
> If there was a god - he wouldn't need humans to conquer anything.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true."
Mark Twain

R.S.

14 Mar 2009, 15:49:4214/03/2009
On Mar 14, 3:10 am, Lars Eighner <use...@larseighner.com> wrote:
> In our last episode,
> <1f12ce13-d848-43d6-b3e8-e1583800b...@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, the

> lovely and talented R.S.  broadcast on alt.atheism:
>
> > Why do atheists so hate and despise
>
> people who try to use the power of the state to impose their religious
> fictions on others?

Isn't that what militant atheists do and are actually achieving it.
Is not the religion of an atheist (most atheists ,other than
disgruntled ex-christians)
actually the religion of self indulgence, satanism without satan?
I'm not trying to put down atheists by asking this,
but just trying to get to the core of their beliefs / opinions.
Most atheists perscribe to actively denying the right for citizens to
practice thier religion in public,
even when it is not imposed on others,

panam...@hotmail.com

14 Mar 2009, 17:45:5614/03/2009
On Mar 14, 3:49 pm, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 3:10 am, Lars Eighner <use...@larseighner.com> wrote:> In our last episode,
> > <1f12ce13-d848-43d6-b3e8-e1583800b...@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, the
> > lovely and talented R.S.  broadcast on alt.atheism:
>
> > > Why do atheists so hate and despise
>
> > people who try to use the power of the state to impose their religious
> > fictions on others?
>
> Isn't that what militant atheists do and are actually achieving it.

Oh, so you're not here looking for understanding at all. You want to
start a fight. OK, I'm in..

First of all, stuff that "militant atheist" crap back down your
diaper. All we're doing is saying we've had enough of your insults,
your lies, and your insistence that what you think your moronic
imaginary friends have to say is somehow "important". Your
superstitious garbage is no more important to the issues of the day
than your opinions upon architecture or your feelings about your
favorite sports team. Your opinions *are* important because you are a
part of the society, but the fact that you believe your imaginary
friends gave you those opinions is IRRELEVENT, and those opinions
should not be immune to commentary or ridicule.

> Is not the religion of an atheist

I have NO religion, you insulting skull-fucked piece of shit.

> (most atheists ,other than
> disgruntled ex-christians)
> actually the religion of self indulgence, satanism without satan?

No, dumbass. There ain't no "satan", either. If I don't believe in
"Batman", what use have I for "The Joker"? They're both parts of the
same fucking fairytale. Is this *really* too difficult for you and
your fellow inbred snake handlers to understand?

> I'm not trying to put down atheists by asking this,

Bullshit! You've done nothing else since you made the mistake of
posting your shit-stinking Bronze Age Witch Doctor crap here as if any
of it is anything other than your crazy-assed delusion.

> but just trying to get to the core of their beliefs / opinions.

Then why don't you try *ASKING NICELY*, instead of running around
trying to see how many people you can insult in a single afternoon,
genius?

> Most atheists perscribe to actively denying the right for citizens to
> practice thier religion in public,
> even when it is not imposed on others,

How about some evidence to support that insult, asshole? `Round here,
we don't accept a wild claim at face value just because some religious
nutter said so. *Especially* if some religious nutter said so.

Mike Painter

14 Mar 2009, 18:05:2414/03/2009
Syd wrote:

> Ah, so you do not intend to follow the RULES of this group, eh?
> Sucks for you.
>
>> It is NOT your group to begin with - child.
>
> It's not yours either, ignorant and nasty old man.

And what group would that be?
And if you can figure that out, exactly what are the rules for a group that
starts with alt?

JohnH

14 Mar 2009, 18:24:2714/03/2009
I didn't give you any Bible verses, and the only scripture, which I did
give in this thread, wasn't even addressed to you. It's not my problem
that you're agitated because you had freely decided to see what I was
saying to someone else.

> PDW

Christopher A. Lee

14 Mar 2009, 18:44:2714/03/2009

So why did you cross post it in an atheist newsgroup, whining
imbecile?

--

Agent 5 users can filter 90% of Usenet spam using
message-id: {google}

Message has been deleted

Thommadura

14 Mar 2009, 22:09:0914/03/2009

Really =- where are YOU getting this nonsense from

THis country has been overwhelming majority theists since its inception
- and non-believers - I am an agnostic - have never been in any position
to enforce what is actually truth - on anyone. We have had one President
who was not religious - Abraham Lincoln - who never belonged to a
religion in his life. Atheists have never been in a position to deny
citizens their right to have their religion - a the law allows.

It is theists who are constantly trying to enforce the teaching of their
religious beliefs on others. REligion is legally separate from our
government - and our government is legally not allowed to recognize
religion.

You statement about a satan is a belief that is irrelevant in this
discussion. That is just you showing a personal bias that has no basis
in fact. And it is NOT true as well

The statement of non-believers - is that religion is a man made
institution that has no provable basis in fact - which is a true
statement - it is ALL belief.

However - That also says that ideals - values - morals - and ethics are
ALSO man made things. They are the very basis of two non-god based
beleif systems - Buddhism and Confucianism which do not have gods. One
need not believe in gods to live a good - moral and ethical life. ANd
they are the core of our lives as well. We are still Parents -
Grandparents - (I am a great grandparent) and foster parents. We love
our kids - and we are as ethical and moral as the next person.

Based on actual statistics - non-believers commit less overall crime -
far less murders - less divorces - and less suicides than christians do.
According to United Nations statistics - countries with the higher
percentage of non-believers (Japan - Sweden - Denmark ) have crime rates
less than half of the countries with the highest number of christians -
including POland France and Italy.

In the USA - the christian research group - Barna.org - showed that the
more fundamental your beliefs - the more likely you are to divorce -
have an abortion - or commit suicide. THose rate are highest in the
Bible Belt of the south including Louisianna and Texas - often twice the
rate in the so called liberal states of NY, MASS, and California.

The overwhelming majority of convicted criminals in this country are
christians. Non-believers - who represent about 8% of the actual
population - represent less than 1% of the criminals. Ever wonder why
all the murderers are lead by a minister to their death in Texas?

Non-believers are more highly educated - and have higher IQ's than
theists as well.

And that is the point - non-believers are good people - solid citizens -
and are simply not the self indulgent satanists that theists describe
them as. That is an insult. They simply do not believe in gods and
religion. We do the right thing - not because of the threat of eternal
punishment - or for an eternal reward - we do them because they are the
right things to do - which is the correct reason over all.

With 28 million gods so far names - and hundreds of thousands of
different religions - I will bet there are a lot of religions and gods
- that you don't believe in. Non-believers have applied the same rule to
all of them - and found simply that NONE of them have any more validity
that any other.

R.S.

14 Mar 2009, 22:15:3614/03/2009
On Mar 14, 4:45 pm, panamfl...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 14, 3:49 pm, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mar 14, 3:10 am, Lars Eighner <use...@larseighner.com> wrote:> In our last episode,
> > > <1f12ce13-d848-43d6-b3e8-e1583800b...@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, the
> > > lovely and talented R.S.  broadcast on alt.atheism:

> > > people who try to use the power of the state to impose their religious
> > > fictions on others?
>
> > Isn't that what militant atheists do and are actually achieving it.
>
> Oh, so you're not here looking for understanding at all. You want to
> start a fight. OK, I'm in..
>
> First of all, stuff that "militant atheist" crap back down your
> diaper. All we're doing is saying we've had enough of your insults,
> your lies, and your insistence that what you think your moronic
> imaginary friends have to say is somehow "important". Your
> superstitious garbage is no more important to the issues of the day
> than your opinions upon architecture or your feelings about your
> favorite sports team. Your opinions *are* important because you are a
> part of the society, but the fact that you believe your imaginary
> friends gave you those opinions is IRRELEVENT, and those opinions
> should not be immune to commentary or ridicule.
>
> > Is not the religion of an atheist
>
> I have NO religion, you insulting skull-fucked piece of shit.

I'm not talking about theism or anything else like a seperate thing or
person called god, I talking about the ritual practice of self
indulgence (making yourself your god) by doing things that above all
mostly benefit yourself or indulge your ego (such as be-littling
others to puff yourself up), but ocassionally you'll pull someone
along with you if it mutually beneficial.
Seldom selfless, as you see no personal benefit in it and since you
real self promoting character believes the world revolves around you.
If it doesn't compliment you or your personal ideas it is useless in
your mind and even offensive.
Does that strike any cord with your character?
And will you continue to act like a spoiled vulgar child, who's not
getting their way or will you address the original topic post about
loathing, hate, a difference between being alive and dead, the fact
that the traits I define as a soul exist (not your definition but mine
- not some abstract thing), and the fact that your body deals mostly
with the outside world via your five senses.

> > (most atheists ,other than
> > disgruntled ex-christians)
> > actually the religion of self indulgence, satanism without satan?
>
> No, dumbass. There ain't no "satan", either. If I don't believe in
> "Batman", what use have I for "The Joker"? They're both parts of the
> same fucking fairytale.

Doesn't Anton LaVey founder of Satanism (Actor that played Satan in
Rosemary's Baby, who is really a self proclaimed atheist,
and believes in and promotes self indulgence), claim to do the Satan
thing just to get the christians' goat.

>Is this *really* too difficult for you and
> your fellow inbred snake handlers to understand?

I'm not apart of any snake handlers, (Do you believe all christians
are?), you must be trying to throw me into some crazy group to
discredit me,
instead of addressing the original post topic. That won't work.
If you can't address the post topic, then why are you posting on this
thread.
Maybe your mad because I make a point in the Spirit, Soul, and Body /
Flesh areas.

> > I'm not trying to put down atheists by asking this,
>
> Bullshit! You've done nothing else since you made the mistake of
> posting your shit-stinking Bronze Age Witch Doctor crap here as if any
> of it is anything other than your crazy-assed delusion.

What a vulgar childlike tantrum.

> > but just trying to get to the core of their beliefs / opinions.
>
> Then why don't you try *ASKING NICELY*, instead of running around
> trying to see how many people you can insult in a single afternoon,
> genius?
>
> > Most atheists perscribe to actively denying the right for citizens to
> > practice thier religion in public,
> > even when it is not imposed on others,
>
> How about some evidence to support that insult, asshole?

How about allowing the pledge of allegence in schools or allowing time
for silent prayer in schools, you sit back and allow muslims to
install ritual prayer baths in colleges at taxpayers expense and allow
them to practice their imposing religion, but letting a christian have
a few minutes in silent prayer is offensive to you, that is hypocracy.
What have you got to say about that.
How about being offended by privately owned and displayed crosses or
nativity scenes,
and not when pentagrams or other witchcraft symbols,Egyptian Mysticism
symbols (i.e. obolisks, pyramids), muslim symbols or Christmas Santa
Clauses are displayed.

>`Round here,
> we don't accept a wild claim at face value just because some religious
> nutter said so. *Especially* if some religious nutter said so.

Your vulgar way of expressing yourself implies you're leading a self
imposed lonely unfullfilling life and probably have very few friends,
who emulate your attitude and share your arrogant traits.

> -Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
> aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
> "..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
> -Mark Twain
>
> Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Knights of BAAWA isn't that one of those Illuminati support groups
something to do with knights templar rituals - cabala,
Eqyptian mysticism and alchemy, that's a far stretch from atheism
isn't it.

R.S.

14 Mar 2009, 22:25:1114/03/2009
You are so right on the money with that statement, but I guess if
thier world revolves only around them, they can do nothing else but be
offended.
Because you're not addressing them personally, they are offended for
you wasting thier all important time reading your outside of thier
realm post.
Like I been saying all along this is self-centered ego indulgence to
the extreme (What else can you call it?)

panam...@hotmail.com

14 Mar 2009, 23:16:4614/03/2009

So you're not saying "niggers steal watermelons". You're saying they
"find unused produce in the fields and take it home without benifiting
society". Gotcha.

Fuck you. You're not even trying to understand.

snip

> And will you continue to act like a spoiled vulgar child,

I'm not the one taking a shit in someone else's living room, moron.

> > > actually the religion of self indulgence, satanism without satan?
>
> > No, dumbass. There ain't no "satan", either. If I don't believe in
> > "Batman", what use have I for "The Joker"? They're both parts of the
> > same fucking fairytale.
>
> Doesn't Anton LaVey founder of Satanism (Actor that played Satan in
> Rosemary's Baby, who is really a self proclaimed atheist,
> and believes in and promotes self indulgence), claim to do the Satan
> thing just to get the christians' goat.

I do not know, and I do not care.

> >Is this *really* too difficult for you and
> > your fellow inbred snake handlers to understand?
>
> I'm not apart of any snake handlers, (Do you believe all christians
> are?), you must be trying to throw me into some crazy group to
> discredit me,

You were discredited the moment it became apparent that you're not
trying to understand atheism (or atheists) at all. My comment was a
direct insult to you.

> instead of addressing the original post topic. That won't work.
> If you can't address the post topic, then why are you posting on this
> thread.

Because I'm tired of the insults spouted by you and your ilk.

> Maybe your mad because I make a point in the Spirit, Soul, and Body /
> Flesh areas.

No, I'm mad because I've been insulted. Comprehension really isn't
your strong suit, is it?

> > > I'm not trying to put down atheists by asking this,
>
> > Bullshit! You've done nothing else since you made the mistake of
> > posting your shit-stinking Bronze Age Witch Doctor crap here as if any
> > of it is anything other than your crazy-assed delusion.
>
> What a vulgar childlike tantrum.

Says the child shitting on my rug.

If your ideas are so weak, and your "faith" so small that they cannot
combat a few raw words, I suggest you go back to your church.

> > > but just trying to get to the core of their beliefs / opinions.
>
> > Then why don't you try *ASKING NICELY*, instead of running around
> > trying to see how many people you can insult in a single afternoon,
> > genius?
>
> > > Most atheists perscribe to actively denying the right for citizens to
> > > practice thier religion in public,
> > > even when it is not imposed on others,
>
> > How about some evidence to support that insult, asshole?
>
> How about allowing the pledge of allegence in schools or allowing time
> for silent prayer in schools, you sit back and allow muslims to
> install ritual prayer baths in colleges at taxpayers expense and allow
> them to practice their imposing religion, but letting a christian have
> a few minutes in silent prayer is offensive to you, that is hypocracy.
> What have you got to say about that.

What I have to say is, "WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE?"

> How about being offended by privately owned and displayed crosses or
> nativity scenes,
> and not when pentagrams or other witchcraft symbols,Egyptian Mysticism
> symbols (i.e. obolisks, pyramids), muslim symbols or Christmas Santa
> Clauses are displayed.

You've displayed no evidence for *that*, either..

> >`Round here,
> > we don't accept a wild claim at face value just because some religious
> > nutter said so. *Especially* if some religious nutter said so.
>
> Your vulgar way of expressing yourself implies you're leading a self
> imposed lonely unfullfilling life and probably have very few friends,
> who emulate your attitude and share your arrogant traits.

Well then, you should unstain your lilly-white hands, and get the fuck
out of alt.atheism.

> Knights of BAAWA isn't that one of those Illuminati support groups

Why don't you take your tinfoil hat and suffocate yourself with it,
shitstain?

bob young

14 Mar 2009, 23:37:2514/03/2009

"R.S." wrote:

It would seem Emmett's final line was written for folks just like you:

"Atheism is the world of reality, it is reason, it is freedom. Atheism is
human concern, and intellectual honesty to a degree that the religious mind
cannot begin to understand. And yet it is more than this. Atheism is not an
old religion, it is not a new and coming religion, in fact it is not, and
never has been, a religion at all. The definition of Atheism is magnificent
in its simplicity: Atheism is merely the bed-rock of sanity in a world of
madness."
[Atheism: An Affirmative View, by Emmett F. Fields]

> > Could it be centuries of persecution?

You need to ask that of any relative of those burned to death during three
hundred years of Ecclesia Militans or as it is better known - The
Inquisition. Humans burned alive for having a different view on primitive
superstitions. Humanity has a lot to answer for, and the questions will not
be asked of the atheistic types.

Bob
Humanist, atheist, realist, sentimentalist Brit.
Member of S.M.A.S.H.
(Sarcastic Middle-aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor)

Man creates his gods in his own image;
and then spends the rest of his life
manipulating them to his heart's content

bob young

14 Mar 2009, 23:41:0414/03/2009

Thommadura wrote:

Priests...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of
daylight and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subversions of
the duperies on which they live.
[Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Correa de Serra, April 11, 1820]

R.S.

15 Mar 2009, 00:48:2115/03/2009
> > that any other.- Hide quoted text -

Still you fail to address Spirit, Soul and Body as I Defined them.
Why?

I think because it throws a monkey wrench into your concept of
reality.

You base everything on the perception of your five senses and thought
process / imagination /creative ability or appear to.

If you can't perceive a concept, then its not real to you, you demand
proof, but whats to say you or I don't perceive
everything that exists. The blind from birth can't begin to contiplate
sight,

Yet you so flipantly deny anything else outside your perceived world.
If a blind from birth person is described what sight is from a sighted
person,
I can't imagine they would or could begin to unstand the explanation.

So denying things out of that reasoning, seems like limiting
possibilities.

You can exist in that limited perspective, its your choice, but is it
really living?

bob young

15 Mar 2009, 01:10:0615/03/2009

"R.S." wrote:

You can define 'soul' ? I would like to read it again please.

> I think because it throws a monkey wrench into your concept of
> reality.
>
> You base everything on the perception of your five senses and thought
> process / imagination /creative ability or appear to.
>
> If you can't perceive a concept, then its not real to you, you demand
> proof, but whats to say you or I don't perceive
> everything that exists. The blind from birth can't begin to contiplate
> sight,
>
> Yet you so flipantly deny anything else outside your perceived world.
> If a blind from birth person is described what sight is from a sighted
> person,
> I can't imagine they would or could begin to unstand the explanation.
>
> So denying things out of that reasoning, seems like limiting
> possibilities.

Yes we can all dream up things
man has been doing it from the time he could first converse
using a basic a simple language and possibly before that.

Now you explain exactly why any of us here should believe something
simply because someone else tells us to ?

You never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of
magic and religion. Only man behaves with such gratuitous folly. It is the price
he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, quite intelligent enough.
[Aldous Leonard Huxley]

Syd

15 Mar 2009, 01:41:4315/03/2009

I'm in alt.atheism.
And alt.atheism has a charter. It's been posted quite a few times
already here, so go look it up yourself.

PDW

Syd

15 Mar 2009, 01:43:1715/03/2009

You preached at us, bible-thumper. And that's rude and against the
charter.

and the only scripture, which I did
> give in this thread, wasn't even addressed to you.  It's not my problem
> that you're agitated because you had freely decided to see what I was
> saying to someone else.

Oh, look, another rude, arrogant nasty fundy who whines about the
reaction he provoked.

PDW

fasgnadh

15 Mar 2009, 02:01:2315/03/2009
Syd reveals he doesn't even understand how usenet works:

> On Mar 14, 6:05 pm, "Mike Painter" <mddotpain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> Syd wrote:
>>

>>> Ah, so you do not intend to follow the RULES of this group, eh?
>> And what group would that be?
>> And if you can figure that out, exactly what are the rules for a group that
>> starts with alt?
>
> I'm in alt.atheism.

and crossposting to five other Usenet groups, so you are also IN THEM,
you gormless prat! B^D

You atheist Luddites are so ignorant of modern science and technology
you don't even know how Usenet works!

> And alt.atheism has a charter.

So what, if he posted from another of the 5 NG's crossposted
to then IT's charter applies, you witless atheist moron!

And as they are aly groups they are simply UNMODERATED PUBLIC
SPACE.. so who needs to believe in YOUR RULES, just because
YOU DO!? B^D

Besides you lying atheists are flagrant hypocrites who
don't even follow your OWN RULES;

Subject: AQOTM fraud is a clear Breach of AQOTM RULES!!!! 8^o
Quotemeister *nemo*toad implicated! 8^o

http://tinyurl.com/b4hemx

BwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

http://theatreinbrussels.com/ecc/images/stories/Productions/animalfarm-web.png

R.S.

15 Mar 2009, 02:33:5315/03/2009
Why do atheists so hate and despise those, who believe they have a

Spirit (Life force, i.e. life- which animates the body)
this is the difference between being alive and being a dead lifeless
corpse (at the moment of dead).
(common phrase about death is the spirit has left them)

Soul (Mind - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to plan or work toward
something,
and the actions resulting from that will).

This I defined as your essence - who you personally are.

Body (The Flesh) exists in the realm of your concept of reality of
the
world as perceived by your five senses, if you exist only to
please those five senses thats called
living in the flesh, living for the world, or living in sin.

But sin is not only limited to Flesh but also selfish or outright
evil
thoughts (self-centeredness and ego), words, and deeds.

all my opinion, but do you agree that these things, outside of what I
name them, exist, excluding the sin part.

> > I think because it throws a monkey wrench into your concept of
> > reality.
>
> > You base everything on the perception of your five senses and thought
> > process / imagination /creative ability or appear to.
>
> > If you can't perceive a concept, then its not real to you, you demand
> > proof, but whats to say you or I don't perceive
> > everything that exists. The blind from birth can't begin to contiplate
> > sight,
>
> > Yet you so flipantly deny anything else outside your perceived world.
> > If a blind from birth person is described what sight is from a sighted
> > person,
> > I can't imagine they would or could begin to unstand the explanation.
>
> > So denying things out of that reasoning, seems like limiting
> > possibilities.
>
> Yes we can all dream up things
> man has been doing it from the time he could first converse
> using a basic a simple language and possibly before that.
>
> Now you explain exactly why any of us here should believe something
> simply because someone else tells us to ?

invisible gases such as oxygen, hydrogen, and many others exist,
but do you really perceive them (especially colorless and odorless
gases)
When do we accept the existence of something, only when we perceive
it.
The denial of judeo-christian archeological artifacts is often an
excuse for unbelief.
but if we find many of these biblical artifacts don't they begin to
confirm the bible itself,

Here are some archeological finds that seem to support some bible
statements
(you don't have to believe anything I tell you, because I am a
christian)

Don't go to these links, if your going to whine about them

********Warning: atheists stay away from these sites***************
they contain christian content

Amazing Discoveries in the Lost Cities of the Dead
https://www.discoveries08.org/episode-1-high-quality

More ... of the same types of Videos Series of 23 Episodes
(Discoveries '08)
https://www.discoveries08.org/schedule

> You never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of
> magic and religion.  Only man behaves with such gratuitous folly.  It is the price
> he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, quite intelligent enough.
> [Aldous Leonard Huxley]
>

> > You can exist in that limited perspective, its your choice, but is it

> > really living?- Hide quoted text -

Lars Eighner

15 Mar 2009, 02:45:4615/03/2009
In our last episode,
<8dcf0401-0da2-4720...@o36g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, the

lovely and talented R.S. broadcast on alt.atheism:

> Still you fail to address Spirit, Soul and Body as I Defined them.
> Why?

You say "Voodoo, hoodoo, hocus pocus, abracadabbra, presto chango."
And then you want to know why we don't address that?

> I think because it throws a monkey wrench into your concept of
> reality.

Not any more than an X-Men movie. The difference is, when I have a fantasy,
I know it is a fantasy. You think it is real.

> You base everything on the perception of your five senses and thought
> process / imagination /creative ability or appear to.

> If you can't perceive a concept, then its not real to you, you demand
> proof, but whats to say you or I don't perceive everything that exists.
> The blind from birth can't begin to contiplate sight,

Blind people have always had the ability to feel the warmth of sunlight
on their skin. We are blind to microwaves, yet, human beings were able
to deduce their presence and to construct devices to detect microwaves.
Real things have real effects which can be discovered, even if the things
themselves cannot be perceived.

> Yet you so flipantly deny anything else outside your perceived world. If
> a blind from birth person is described what sight is from a sighted
> person, I can't imagine they would or could begin to unstand the
> explanation.

Yet, it would be a simple matter to demonstrate the existence of light even
to a blind person. If you perceived anything real that no one else did,
you could produce evidence of it. That you cannot is good reason to think
you are delusional.

> So denying things out of that reasoning, seems like limiting
> possibilities.

> You can exist in that limited perspective, its your choice, but is it
> really living?

I live without the perspective of being a junky. I think I can manage
without being a religion junkie.

--
Lars Eighner *Atheist #1965* use...@larseighner.com <http://larseighner.com/>
53 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

Lars Eighner

15 Mar 2009, 03:14:0715/03/2009
In our last episode,
<0a1dfbf5-c2ed-45cf...@z1g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, the

lovely and talented R.S. broadcast on alt.atheism:

> Spirit (Life force, i.e. life- which animates the body)

This is nonsense, disproven in the 19th century.

> this is the difference between being alive and being a dead lifeless
> corpse (at the moment of dead).

There is no such thing as 'the moment of death' (unless of course a body is
vaporized). Different tissues die at different rates, and those rates are
just averages, so some cells in a particular kind of tissue survive longer
than others.

> (common phrase about death is the spirit has left them)

> Soul (Mind - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to plan or work toward
> something, and the actions resulting from that will).

Observations of numerous cases of brain injuries and brain abnormalities
have shown that brain and mind are one. It is chemistry and physics and
nothing more.

> This I defined as your essence - who you personally are.

> Body (The Flesh) exists in the realm of your concept of reality of the
> world as perceived by your five senses, if you exist only to please those
> five senses thats called living in the flesh, living for the world, or
> living in sin.

Now you start with the voodoo, hocus pocus stuff. What a pile of crap
'exist only to please those five senses' is!

bob young

15 Mar 2009, 03:16:0415/03/2009

"R.S." wrote:

Is that your definition ? So when you die and you soul goes to heaven what goes there
is
'mind, thoughts and actions' !

Though so - R U B B I S H

> This I defined as your essence - who you personally are.
>
> Body (The Flesh) exists in the realm of your concept of reality of
> the
> world as perceived by your five senses, if you exist only to
> please those five senses thats called
> living in the flesh, living for the world, or living in sin.

According to the local priest but not the local doctor or psychiatrist
or any clear uncluttered thinking person it isn't.

> But sin is not only limited to Flesh but also selfish or outright
> evil
> thoughts (self-centeredness and ego), words, and deeds.

Sin was around before man could communicate in basic language, then along came his gods
and then sin was hijacked by priests and used to bamboozle it's members, small children
included [the latter being criminal IMHO]

Bob
Humanist, atheist, realist, sentimentalist Brit.
Member of S.M.A.S.H.
(Sarcastic Middle-aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor)

Man creates his gods in his own image;
and then spends the rest of his life
manipulating them to his heart's content

R.S.

15 Mar 2009, 05:39:4415/03/2009
On Mar 15, 2:14 am, Lars Eighner <use...@larseighner.com> wrote:
> In our last episode,
> <0a1dfbf5-c2ed-45cf-8398-909c9ff95...@z1g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, the

> lovely and talented R.S.  broadcast on alt.atheism:
>
> > Spirit (Life force, i.e. life- which animates the body)
>
> This is nonsense, disproven in the 19th century.
>
> > this is the difference between being alive and being a dead lifeless
> > corpse (at the moment of dead).
>
> There is no such thing as 'the moment of death' (unless of course a body is
> vaporized).

Lets call it pronounced medically dead, since you are not
comprehending what I just posted,
Which only is, that there is a difference between a living animated
body called living or alive
and a dead rotting corpse normally called dead.
If you can't tell there is a difference then why do you bury the dead
and not the living.

2 Different states: a body is either alive (animated) or dead
(stagnent-ceased to function), no in between. Right?

I am not talking about a ghost or spirit even thought you want to
argue that.

> Different tissues die at different rates, and those rates are
> just averages, so some cells in a particular kind of tissue survive longer
> than others.
>
> > (common phrase about death is the spirit has left them)
> > Soul (Mind - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to plan or work toward
> > something, and the actions resulting from that will).
>
> Observations of numerous cases of brain injuries and brain abnormalities
> have shown that brain and mind are one.  It is chemistry and physics and
> nothing more.

Then why are you arguing that point?

I just said that that I give the traits: thoughts, emotions, and will
(personally directed effort toward a purpose or goal)(my own
definition)
a name called soul I did not say these defining traits
(are some hocus pocus entity you want to make it)

Just the fact you do have thoughts, emotions, and a will.

Do you or don't you?

Unless you are in a vegetative state odds are you do.

> > This I defined as your essence - who you personally are.
> > Body (The Flesh) exists in the realm of your concept of reality of the
> > world as perceived by your five senses, if you exist only to please those
> > five senses thats called living in the flesh, living for the world, or
> > living in sin.

Why is it when a christian mentions the concept of sin, atheists feel
conviced or guilty and get offended.
They shouldn't, you know, because they don't believe in it.Right?

According to the christian perspective, atheists don't seem to
acknowledge this as self indulgence,
christians do, when it becomes your primary driving goal of your
life.Though enjoy yourself is fine,
but don't live souly to stimulate those senses.

> Now you start with the voodoo, hocus pocus stuff.  What a pile of crap
> 'exist only to please those five senses' is!

Hocus pocus you say, how is describing the way you go through life,
living in this world, by
using your sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell (regular daily
living) hocus pocus?
You don't make any sense.

You sound a little bit paranoid in admitting these things. Why?

John Baker

15 Mar 2009, 05:49:2415/03/2009
On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 01:44:42 -0700 (PDT), "R.S."
<ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

>On Mar 13, 11:04 am, Sanity's Little Helper <elv...@noshpam.org>
>wrote:
>> It is an ancient "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net>, and he posteth:

>> > From: "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net>
>> > Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.christnet.philosophy,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.messianic,alt.r­eligion.christian.baptist
>> > Subject: Why Do Atheists Loath and Despise Christians?
>> > Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700 (PDT)
>> > Organization:http://groups.google.com
>>
>> OrgName:    HickoryTech Corporation
>> OrgID:      HICKO
>> Address:    2730 3rd Avenue
>> Address:    P.O. Box 3288
>> City:       Mankato
>> StateProv:  MN
>> PostalCode: 56002-3288
>> Country:    US
>>
>> NetRange:   69.24.160.0 - 69.24.191.255
>> CIDR:       69.24.160.0/19
>> NetName:    HTCO-BLK-2
>> NetHandle:  NET-69-24-160-0-1
>> Parent:     NET-69-0-0-0-0
>> NetType:    Direct Allocation
>> NameServer: NS1.HICKORYTECH.NET
>> NameServer: NS2.HICKORYTECH.NET
>> Comment:
>> RegDate:    2003-02-14
>> Updated:    2003-11-20
>>
>> OrgAbuseHandle: COPYR-ARIN
>> OrgAbuseName:   DMCA Copyright Notifications
>> OrgAbusePhone:  +1-507-387-1151
>> OrgAbuseEmail:  copyri...@hickorytech.net
>>
>> OrgAbuseHandle: HANS-ARIN
>> OrgAbuseName:   HickoryTech Abuse and Network Security
>> OrgAbusePhone:  +1-507-387-6430
>> OrgAbuseEmail:  ab...@hickorytech.net
>>
>> Abuse report sent.
>>
>> --
>>  David Silverman
>> aa #2208
>> Defender of Civilisationhttp://dave-grumpygit.blogspot.com/
>>
>> Not authentic without this signature.- Hide quoted text -

>Abuse????? Is this not an open group with alt views regarding atheism?

No, Sport, it isn't. It's a group created *by* atheists *for*
atheists, for the purpose of discussing things of interest or
importance to us *without* having to put up with religious fuckwits
interjecting their inane, pointless drivel.

Unfortunately, said religious fuckwits never seem to get the message.

>You must be hyper-sensitive and offended by any views contrary to your
>own.
>Is this an atheist I love to read my own posts of self gratification
>group, or do you openly solicite alt view topics in regards to
>atheism?
>
>Note: it should be a subscription and permission required closed
>group, if you are unwilling to openly discuss beliefs and general
>attitude of the majority of subscribers, stating the fact that atheism
>promotes hate and promotes the persecution of others, who don't share
>your beliefs (i.e. faith).
>
>Its like the NAZIs persecuting the Jews, you share a common doctrine
>that you are somehow in your own mind believe you are superior to
>others who don't share your views.
>
>So obviously they are abusing you (you poor ting - Boo Hoo)

Fuck off, you arrogant asshole. No one invited you here and no one
here is interested in your delusions.

>What Abuse?

The deliberate abuse by you of the alt.atheism FAQ and charter, which
is going to continue be reported to your ISP if it doesn't stop.

Clear enough for ya, Skippy?

R.S.

15 Mar 2009, 06:36:1215/03/2009
Uninvited, that exclusive huh ...

> >What Abuse?
>
> The deliberate abuse by you of the alt.atheism FAQ and charter, which
> is going to continue be reported to your ISP if it doesn't stop.
>
> Clear enough for ya, Skippy?- Hide quoted text -

This is usenet and I'm not in some no free speech zone am I?

This originally posted thread which you have so admitedly attacked,
asked for simple answers to simple questions
relating to atheists demeaner toward christians.
atheism being the topic loathing christians and thier beiliefs,
now anyone with common sense, would either post a related comment
in that thread or ignor that thread altogether. But not you.
You continue to claim some imaginary form of abuse, rant.
I say again. What abuse? That someone doesn't share your personal
causes such a violent reaction by you should be looked at
psychiactrically.
You have excessive mood swings (maybe you're even Bi-Polar).
I hope you get better soon, but please don't threaten me anymore.

Is this is a don't post, if I don't edify you zone, How Fascist is
that?
I have not read any FAQ or Charter to get here,
I came straight here via a google group cross thread, of these groups
alt.atheism,alt.christnet.philosophy,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.messianic,alt.r­­
eligion.christian.baptist
If you don't want people posting in this oh so exclusive group
then you aught to tell your cross threading compadres to stop
posting in multiple groups and live here alone.

What a putz. Gee Wiz I did even have to use vulgar language to express
myself. amazing.

walksalone

15 Mar 2009, 09:27:1415/03/2009
"R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net>

No, this is not usenet. This is a group, supported by the Usenet
protocol, commonly referred to as the NNTP protocol. This is a virtual
living room, a rather a large number of people, and as such, they have
elected to create a FAQ, which only became necessary because of people
like you. The FAQ, is an agreed-upon code of conduct that you will. Or
if you won't. I was here at the time it was proposed and passed. The
idea was to limit the number of appearances of people like you.
Initially, everyone is welcome. But once you start misbehaving like a
small untrained house handle or a child that has yet to be potty broken,
then, and only them, are you reported for abuse. Usually after it had
been made abundantly clear that your presence is no longer welcome.

> This originally posted thread which you have so admitedly attacked,
> asked for simple answers to simple questions

Not all, it asked for simplistic answers to loaded questions.

> relating to atheists demeaner toward christians.

Sex is a misdemeanor, perhaps you are thinking of attitude and want to
use a fancy word for a substitute. Or perhaps you were thought the
demeaner, would be an appropriate word. It could be, but appropriate?
Not really. You are pretending that this is the attitude all xians
receive when they arrive here. Not at all. I recall one who was
extremely suspicious of & now, I call her chum. She is a class act that
you can only aspire to. And yes, on occasion, she will bring the church
into it, because she's looking for reasons or a different point of view
on why something was done. Such as their charity work, so-called, that
supposedly lifts primitive people out of their past, but at an extreme
price. The price, they have to hear xianity being proposed and taught to
them. That's not charity, nor is a charitable act. It is simply a
brainwashing under the guise of a charitable act. People who were quite
content and happy in their lifestyle, a lifestyle that they did their
environment and personalities, are being done wrong. Without their
foreknowledge. They have no idea of the cost to themselves for being
modernized. For centuries, they had lived within their environment, and
in the ways of their ancestors, which worked for them. Now they are
displaced. It's not a pretty sight, even more so when one considers is
done with the glory of god. According to the missionaries that is.

> atheism being the topic loathing christians and thier beiliefs,

Pretty large blanket you have there, but it can be applied to xians urges
other mythologies as well. It can be applied to xians versus xians of
other cults, such as Catholic and Protestant. Frequently, it's rather
violent has been the case in Northern Ireland. Even the Buddhist get in
on the act, so the idea that having a god belief is beneficial to
humanity. Just went by the wayside.

> now anyone with common sense, would either post a related comment

Anyone with common sense would not have posted it to the atheist
newsgroup and expected peace and tranquility to result. However, Eric
and xians are not famous for common sense, or courtesy come to that.

> in that thread or ignor that thread altogether. But not you.
> You continue to claim some imaginary form of abuse, rant.

It's not imaginary, you continue to abuse the hospitality of the group as
well as the charter of the group. It's not my fault that your arrogance,
you assume you have the right to go anywhere and be on the carpet. If
people do not want to set you with open arms. It's not my fault that you
are mirror of a false promises. Who's attending to get a toe in the door
by pretending to have questions that are not directly related to his
mythology. Of course, in your ignorance, you don't understand this.
Because your ignorance will not let you correct it. You presume you know
what you are talking about, and the evidence from the world around us
tells me, you haven't a clue. This does not stop you in your arrogance
from presenting everybody can't wait to hear you do your dog and pony
show. You fail to recall, which you would have known had you pursued the
archives for the groups you are involving yourself in, also known
trolling, that your arguments have been done before and had never
sustained series of scrutiny by anybody. Of course, your ignorance will
not allow you to get this, and you do not have the so-called xian love
that would allow you to lead others in peace without attempting to
interfere with their lives.

> I say again. What abuse? That someone doesn't share your personal

Not all, quite frequently in the atheist newsgroup, people disagree. The
difference is, well in your case, you will never understand this but here
it goes.

There's a series in here called JAGOTD for gods for the past of humanity,
or the present, receive a short essay. Now what in the world would that
be for?

The difference between you and it, is not presented as this is the way it
is, rather, its informational in nature. And as such, the majority if
not all are comfortable with it.
It has no loaded questions, it doesn't even care if you believe it. It
is not insipid or inane enough to assume others need the information
automatically.
Unlike you, is present in a service to the group, or as you demand the
attention the group with inane questions that cannot be safely considered
by anybody who has not been god soaked in a xian method.

> causes such a violent reaction by you should be looked at
> psychiactrically.

Try applying that to yourself. When people did not agree with you, which
regular automatically, you went down to the personal innuendos and
attempt to belittle those that were pointing out, that you had to say.
And like the adverse new clothes, you are a farce. But your ignorance
will not permit you to acknowledge that, and that is where you can
majority of the atheist newsgroup part company.
We all are ignorant about something, but the majority are capable of
correcting that ignorance to a degree if not completely. You will always
lack that scale and long if you are a xian. Or any other brand of
bleater come to that.

> You have excessive mood swings (maybe you're even Bi-Polar).
> I hope you get better soon, but please don't threaten me anymore.

You haven't been threatened, the matter-of-fact you have been waited on
hand and foot. Granted Irish style, but you have been treated as you
have earned. Earned by your conduct and abuse here. What you are doing
is the equivalent of myself posting daily, or several times a day,
articles on gods that do not pertain to the closed minded xian
population, and pretending they needed to pay attention to it and take it
seriously. You have present nothing to be taken seriously and made
yourself an article of contempt.

> Is this is a don't post, if I don't edify you zone, How Fascist is
> that?

No, this don't post unless you are on topic, or have received favorable
attention is pretty much a standard rule of conduct for the majority of
usenet. In the old days, it would been referred to as courtesy to
others. Now, because of xians like you, it had to be put in writing.

> I have not read any FAQ or Charter to get here,

That's your fault, you didn't bother to look.

> I came straight here via a google group cross thread, of these groups
> alt.atheism,alt.christnet.philosophy,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.messianic,a
> lt.r­­ eligion.christian.baptist

Whenever I encounter a new group that looks interesting, I do two things.
One would think, these two things would be common to others, but they are
not. As given your arrogant appearance here. & saying I didn't know,
simply means you didn't bother to look. Or pay attention once you
arrived.
I watch the group for about two weeks at least, that allows me a feel for
the flow of conversation as well as, who the feisty ones are. The second
thing I do, it look for an FAQ. Something you can do on your own without
supervision, if you're man enough. If you're an arrogant question, why
bother. They want to hear what you have to say anyway, according to
people like you.
It's possible they alt.philosophy newsgroup might be appropriate, but
we've been conducting yourself, I suspect not.

> If you don't want people posting in this oh so exclusive group
> then you aught to tell your cross threading compadres to stop
> posting in multiple groups and live here alone.

The problem with that, if people like you won't permit it. You post into
our newsgroup, and then expect us never to respond? Thou art daft or at
least missing at least an eighth. The secret is, as in this particular
case, those newsgroups that you are polluting with your presence are
unfortunately stuck with responses from people like me. That's why I set
follow-ups and frequently don't bother to announce it.

> What a putz. Gee Wiz I did even have to use vulgar language to express
> myself. amazing.

Not really, quite frequently mothers boys make a point not to use vulgar
language. They never realize, there is no vulgar language. There is
language that might offend you, in which case don't bother to use it.
But vulgar language, as a side effect of people like you running around
trying to control society. Have you ever noticed, the majority of the
so-called vulgar language described natural acts? I have. And I didn't
have it pointed out to me, just one day, how odd. And it is odd, fuck, a
word used to describe the sexual act, which is perfectly common. And a
lot of fun. Shit, the results of a natural act, of voiding the bowels,
and act that really is necessary for physical health and well-being. The
list is rather long because people that like to pretend they are morally
or ethically superior are fast to point out, they are above such things.
They're not, nor were your parents or you would not be here. No gods
required. However, considering the side effect of not taking a shit with
regularity, you may be suffering from constipation and the poisoning of
the body. Due to that condition. That would not condone nor explain
your aberrant behavior, but your ignorance and arrogance would.

Now toddle off, and go back to mommy and complain about those mean old
atheist. Not accepting your, confusion is a polite way of saying it, and
garnishing you with accolades, hossanahs, and words of good cheer. You
have nothing to offer, but the same tired old shit in a different
wrapper. & the wrapper is neither attractive, nor new. And the shit,
it's still rancid and not fit for humans.

walksalone, who suspects he has seen so many of these dog and pony shows
that the number would be some what, if not, beyond the absolute capacity
of numbers to express.

Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.
-H. G. Wells

Liz

15 Mar 2009, 09:29:1915/03/2009
On Mar 15, 6:36 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

[----]

> This is usenet and I'm not in some no free speech zone am I?
>
> This originally posted thread which you have so admitedly attacked,
> asked for simple answers to simple questions
> relating to atheists demeaner toward christians.
> atheism being the topic loathing christians and thier beiliefs,
> now anyone with common sense, would either post a related comment
> in that thread or ignor that thread altogether. But not you.
> You continue to claim some imaginary form of abuse, rant.
> I say again. What abuse? That someone doesn't share your personal
> causes such a violent reaction by you should be looked at
> psychiactrically.
> You have excessive mood swings (maybe you're even Bi-Polar).
> I hope you get better soon, but please don't threaten me anymore.
>
> Is this is a don't post, if I don't edify you zone, How Fascist is
> that?
> I have not read any FAQ or Charter to get here,
> I came straight here via a google group cross thread, of these groups
> alt.atheism,alt.christnet.philosophy,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.messianic,alt.r­­­
> eligion.christian.baptist
> If you don't want people posting in this oh so exclusive group
> then you aught to tell your cross threading compadres to stop
> posting in multiple groups and live here alone.
>
> What a putz. Gee Wiz I did even have to use vulgar language to express

> myself. amazing.- Hide quoted text -

ROTFLMAO As for me, I'm still waiting for an example of Christian
selflessness as well as an incident of turning the other cheek that
was promoted by your "personal Lord and Savior". Seems like neither
quality actually exists.

Liz #658

raoooul

15 Mar 2009, 10:52:3115/03/2009
On Mar 13, 3:24 pm, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:16:10 -0500, Thommadura
>
> Why are so many theists such dishonest, bigoted liars?

vz: Because not even their own bible supports their beliefs.

> Alt.atheism was not set up for religionists to "discuss" their
> religion with the presumption that is factual, but for atheists to
> discuss our own issues.

vz: Then why are you similcasting into religious forums ?

> The content of somebody else's religion is hardly an issue because it merely what somebody else believes.

vz: Not really, as the existence of G-d has been proven by science.

Santolina chamaecyparissus

15 Mar 2009, 11:11:1315/03/2009
On Mar 15, 7:52 am, raoooul <vze2j...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> vz: Not really, as the existence of G-d has been proven by science.

Why can't science find the vowels? Is the Vowel Detector broken?

Jani

15 Mar 2009, 11:45:2115/03/2009

> On Mar 15, 2:14 am, Lars Eighner <use...@larseighner.com> wrote:
>> In our last episode,
>> <0a1dfbf5-c2ed-45cf-8398-909c9ff95...@z1g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, the
>> lovely and talented R.S. broadcast on alt.atheism:
>>
>> > Spirit (Life force, i.e. life- which animates the body)
>>
>> This is nonsense, disproven in the 19th century.
>>
>> > this is the difference between being alive and being a dead lifeless
>> > corpse (at the moment of dead).
>>
>> There is no such thing as 'the moment of death' (unless of course a body
>> is
>> vaporized).
>>
> Lets call it pronounced medically dead, since you are not
> comprehending what I just posted,
> Which only is, that there is a difference between a living animated
> body called living or alive
> and a dead rotting corpse normally called dead.
> If you can't tell there is a difference then why do you bury the dead
> and not the living.

Sometimes the living are buried, and the dead kept alive. It's not as simple
as you pretend.

> 2 Different states: a body is either alive (animated) or dead
> (stagnent-ceased to function), no in between. Right?
>>
> I am not talking about a ghost or spirit even thought you want to
> argue that.

I don't think anyone had raised the idea of 'spirit' except you, in your
humpty-dumpty 'this is what I want the word to mean' post.

Jani

Lars Eighner

15 Mar 2009, 12:25:1915/03/2009
In our last episode,
<8fb00373-e890-4db8...@41g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>, the

lovely and talented R.S. broadcast on alt.atheism:

> On Mar 15, 2:14 am, Lars Eighner <use...@larseighner.com> wrote:
>> In our last episode,
>> <0a1dfbf5-c2ed-45cf-8398-909c9ff95...@z1g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>, the
>> lovely and talented R.S.  broadcast on alt.atheism:
>>
>> > Spirit (Life force, i.e. life- which animates the body)
>>
>> This is nonsense, disproven in the 19th century.
>>
>> > this is the difference between being alive and being a dead lifeless
>> > corpse (at the moment of dead).
>>
>> There is no such thing as 'the moment of death' (unless of course a body is
>> vaporized).
>>
> Lets call it pronounced medically dead, since you are not comprehending
> what I just posted, Which only is, that there is a difference between a
> living animated body called living or alive and a dead rotting corpse
> normally called dead. If you can't tell there is a difference then why do
> you bury the dead and not the living.

Yes, there is a difference between a person walking around and a rotting
corpse. It is a distinction that is easy to make in the extremes. But
there are many degrees between the extreme, which are not so clear cut.
Apparently some people have been buried alive because the people around
could not invariably tell the difference with accuracy. Nowadays it is
possible to extend some vegetative functions more or less indefinitely.
If the distinction is so clear, why was there any debate about Terry Schivo?

People appear on television who claim to have been dead several times on the
operating table. Cell lines from people who died in the 1960s are still
being propagated.

There simply is no bright-line distinction between living matter and dead
matter. Viruses would not meet 19th century criteria for being considered
living, and prions are even simpler than viruses.

> 2 Different states: a body is either alive (animated) or dead
> (stagnent-ceased to function), no in between. Right?

There is plenty of in-between. People can have necrotic tissue, so even
rotting is not a sure-fire indicator --- and rotting, after all, is a life
process, albeit the life processes of many microbes.

> I am not talking about a ghost or spirit even thought you want to
> argue that.

First you say spirit, then you say you aren't talking about spirit. There
is no magic life force, but living matter and dead matter are composed of
exactly the same things which act in accord with exactly the same chemistry
and physics. There is no magic something else in living matter. The
distinction between living and dead is a gross one which breaks down at
finer levels.

>> Different tissues die at different rates, and those rates are
>> just averages, so some cells in a particular kind of tissue survive longer
>> than others.
>>
>> > (common phrase about death is the spirit has left them)
>> > Soul (Mind - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to plan or work toward
>> > something, and the actions resulting from that will).
>>
>> Observations of numerous cases of brain injuries and brain abnormalities
>> have shown that brain and mind are one.  It is chemistry and physics and
>> nothing more.
>>
> Then why are you arguing that point?
>>

> I just said that that I give the traits: thoughts, emotions, and will
> (personally directed effort toward a purpose or goal)(my own definition) a
> name called soul I did not say these defining traits (are some hocus pocus
> entity you want to make it)

> Just the fact you do have thoughts, emotions, and a will.

> Do you or don't you?

I have chemical and physical processes.

> Unless you are in a vegetative state odds are you do.
>>
>> > This I defined as your essence - who you personally are.
>> > Body (The Flesh) exists in the realm of your concept of reality of the
>> > world as perceived by your five senses, if you exist only to please those
>> > five senses thats called living in the flesh, living for the world, or
>> > living in sin.
>>

> Why is it when a christian mentions the concept of sin, atheists feel
> conviced or guilty and get offended.

Because you seem to mean something more by 'sin' than simply wrong-doing.
We can see that people who believe in god(s) often do wrong things because
they think the god(s) commanded it, yet they do not think these things are
sins. Thus, apparently, sin is not about right and wrong. Of course it is
offense to people who know the difference between right and wrong when myth
degrees that what is right be called 'sin' and what is wrong be called
'holy.'

> They shouldn't, you know, because they don't believe in it. Right?

> According to the christian perspective, atheists don't seem to acknowledge
> this as self indulgence, christians do, when it becomes your primary

> driving goal of your life. Though enjoy yourself is fine, but don't live

> souly to stimulate those senses.

Now, you are just talking libelous crap. Razing cities, killing every man,
woman, and child and salting the earth is wrong, no matter what the
provocation. People who believe in god(s) frequently tell us that their
god(s) have commanded them to do such things. If the thing is wrong, then
the command to do the thing is also wrong, and if sin and wrong-doing are
exactly the same thing, then people who believe in god(s) are telling us
that god(s) sin(s). Thus, if even god(s) can and do sin, who are you to
reproach us?

>> Now you start with the voodoo, hocus pocus stuff.  What a pile of crap
>> 'exist only to please those five senses' is!
>>

> Hocus pocus you say, how is describing the way you go through life, living
> in this world, by using your sight, hearing, touch, taste, and smell
> (regular daily living) hocus pocus?

You did not say living by using the senses. You said existing only to
please the senses. You shift ground more often than a weasel's attorney.

> You don't make any sense.

> You sound a little bit paranoid in admitting these things. Why?

Admitting what?

Mike Painter

15 Mar 2009, 14:49:0315/03/2009

And as the FAQ for usegroups in general point out,"Don't take this all too
seriously, though. The "alt" net is the last remaining refuge away from the
control freaks, namespace purists and net.cops (like myself) that maintain
and enforce the mainstream newsgroup guidelines."
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/alt-creation-guide/

If you want control, start a moderared group and just talk about atheism.

Mike Painter

15 Mar 2009, 14:59:5315/03/2009
R.S. wrote:
> On Mar 15, 2:14 am, Lars Eighner <use...@larseighner.com> wrote:
>> In our last episode,
>> <0a1dfbf5-c2ed-45cf-8398-909c9ff95...@z1g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
>> the lovely and talented R.S. broadcast on alt.atheism:
>>
>>> Spirit (Life force, i.e. life- which animates the body)
>>
>> This is nonsense, disproven in the 19th century.
>>
>>> this is the difference between being alive and being a dead lifeless
>>> corpse (at the moment of dead).
>>
>> There is no such thing as 'the moment of death' (unless of course a
>> body is vaporized).
>>
> Lets call it pronounced medically dead, since you are not
> comprehending what I just posted,
> Which only is, that there is a difference between a living animated
> body called living or alive
> and a dead rotting corpse normally called dead.
> If you can't tell there is a difference then why do you bury the dead
> and not the living.

If that is how you define "spirit" then fine. Life = spirit and death = "no
spirit"
The meaning of the words are interchangable.
However talking about not understanding and then talk about "medically
dead" is not impressive.
There is clinical death and biological death. A person may be declared dead
under both cases in which they are legally dead. A person can recover from
clinical death and not even be dead to be legally dead.
"Medical" death is not a term I've been exposed to.

> 2 Different states: a body is either alive (animated) or dead
> (stagnent-ceased to function), no in between. Right?

Wrong.

> I am not talking about a ghost or spirit even thought you want to
> argue that.

Then why talk about it as a spirit, why not stop using meaningless terms
and use what science and medicine uses?

> Then why are you arguing that point?
>>
> I just said that that I give the traits: thoughts, emotions, and will
> (personally directed effort toward a purpose or goal)(my own
> definition)
> a name called soul I did not say these defining traits
> (are some hocus pocus entity you want to make it)
>>
> Just the fact you do have thoughts, emotions, and a will.
>>
> Do you or don't you?
>>
> Unless you are in a vegetative state odds are you do.

And if you are in such a state and don't, are you dead?
BY your definition the answer would be yes.

It's loading more messages.