{BS} Huffington posts sell for $316M, writers left in the cold

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 7, 2011, 1:49:44 PM3/7/11
Arianna Huffington sold the Huffington Post to AOL for $316M. One of the
contributing idi...er, writers, who had been "blogging" Pro Bono took
exception to the amount and asked for a stipend for his articles, and
received a firm "NO!"

Huffington built this blog/"news source" on the backs of writers who were
doing the work for FREE, and then she sells for Big Bucks and keeps all
the money. A lot of the former contributing writers have expressed they
will no longer be writing for the blog. Guess AOL is going to have to find
other dupes to fill in.

Typical Liberal. All for the "common person" until they hit the gold mine,
then it's "all for me".

Hypocrites.

Message has been deleted

Mark

Mar 7, 2011, 2:40:39 PM3/7/11
Hadn't heard that about the Moore-blob, but hardly surprising.

On Mar 7, 1:23 pm, Conscience <obama...@fraud.gov> wrote:

> On 2011-03-07 10:49:44 -0800, Hachiroku ハチロク <Tru...@e86.GTS> said:
>
> > Arianna Huffington sold the Huffington Post to AOL for $316M.
>

> Perfect.
>
> The accepted definition for that acronym is "Assholes On Line".

> Always generous with other people's money.  Look at Michael Moore.  He
> avoids paying union workers for his movies by filming elsewhere, then
> appears in Wisconsin.
>
> --
> "The fact we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a
> sign of leadership failure.  Washington is shifting the burden of bad
> choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren."  -
> Sen. Barack Obama, 2006

edspyhill01

Mar 7, 2011, 6:26:34 PM3/7/11

And all this talk about being a bottomline capitalist was just
posturing. Feh!

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 7, 2011, 11:11:02 PM3/7/11

Yeah, I knw. All the time she was only in it for herself.

edspyhill01

Mar 7, 2011, 10:28:01 PM3/7/11
> Yeah, I knw. All the time she was only in it for herself.- Hide quoted text -

But THAT is you position, actually your political dogma, profit is all
that counts. So what is the issue? Personally I don't see any
issues. Nobody is surprised. But more to the point, we, liberals,
are not anti-capitalists. Wishing we were is intellectual laziness on
the part of the rank and file righties.

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 8, 2011, 1:39:13 AM3/8/11

Hmmm...when did I say people shouldn't get paid for the work they do?

Oh, yeah...NEVER! It appears that the Good Liberals are the ones who think
you can get something for nothing, and they prove it every day.

Mark

Mar 8, 2011, 8:32:51 AM3/8/11
Clarification...

Liberals think that they can not only get but *deserve* something for
nothing.

> you can get something for nothing, and they prove it every day.- Hide quoted text -

edspyhill01

Mar 8, 2011, 12:04:55 PM3/8/11
> you can get something for nothing, and they prove it every day.- Hide quoted text -

Reread your post and see the underlying feelings of inadaquacy about
your life's accomplishments. You are envious of everyone else's
accomplishments.

edspyhill01

Mar 8, 2011, 12:06:05 PM3/8/11

Then Wall Street and corporate America is one huge liberal thinktank.

FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Mar 8, 2011, 12:10:01 PM3/8/11

I haven't figured out yet what made Huffpuff so valuable.

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 8, 2011, 7:37:35 PM3/8/11

WTF?

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 8, 2011, 9:55:15 PM3/8/11

I love seeing these "Take from the rich and give to the poor" types
standing up for such a ripoff as Huffington. Simply fucking amazing.

edspyhill01

Mar 8, 2011, 10:17:53 PM3/8/11
On Mar 8, 12:10 pm, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
>   I haven't figured out yet what made Huffpuff so valuable.- Hide quoted text -

Ads and internet traffic. I think you guys are fake capitalists.

edspyhill01

Mar 8, 2011, 10:17:05 PM3/8/11
> standing up for such a ripoff as Huffington. Simply fucking amazing.- Hide quoted text -

Remember, she was a rightwing republican when she was married to one.
You guys sound like bitching house wives. I mean you guys really
sound like negative constant complainer. AND you totally make up the
positions of the other side. Get some Prozac or something - Lithium!

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 9, 2011, 12:19:54 AM3/9/11

Nah, we just don't like hypocrites.

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 9, 2011, 12:21:11 AM3/9/11

I didn't make up that Huffington told the people who made her blog a
success to chuff themselves.

edspyhill01

Mar 9, 2011, 7:06:33 AM3/9/11
> success to chuff themselves.- Hide quoted text -

She is a typical capitalist! We all are. That sale was for big
bucks. I bet she devoted 14 hours a day, 7 days a week to that
business. Really, this is a no-brainer. As far as the employees,
that is the fate of all employees. I think you are bending yourself
into a pretzel to find a way to be critical of a "liberal".

BTW, the best liberals and progressives are former conservatives/
republicans (for strategy). I've felt that way for a long time.

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 9, 2011, 5:58:10 PM3/9/11

So, basically it's OK that she built this up using free labor, and then
when she made a windfall on it, it's OK she refused to pay the people who
actually did the work?

edspyhill01

Mar 9, 2011, 9:56:52 PM3/9/11
> actually did the work?- Hide quoted text -

You are going to go round and round because you are never wrong. It's
pathological to have to right all the time and never have to correct
your positions. Every business uses interns. The biggest group being
summer interns from HS. Washington uses unpaid interns, elected
officials use unpaid interns. Let's split the difference: I'm
correct, you're "right". ;-)

Mark

Mar 10, 2011, 10:51:48 AM3/10/11
AOL announced 900 layoffs today. If I were them and had spent 40% of
my cash on "HuffPo" I'd be cutting my throat.

On Mar 7, 1:49 pm, Hachiroku ハチロク <Tru...@e86.GTS> wrote:

Message has been deleted

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 10, 2011, 4:12:12 PM3/10/11

I can go with that. But the thing is, when asked to be paid they were told
NO! It was one thing when it was basically non-profit.

edspyhill01

Mar 10, 2011, 11:42:17 PM3/10/11
> Nah, we just don't like hypocrites.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, right, a rightwingnut, Fox News watching, true believer doesn't
like hypocrites.

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 11, 2011, 2:04:47 AM3/11/11

Who watches Fox News? I watch NBC every night. I only put on Fox when TCM
isn't showing a good movie, maybe once a week for 20 minutes.

Just the same, I learned how to watch the news when I was in High School,
so no matter what kind of spin NBC tries to put on a story, I can cut
through the bullshit.

And I am glad you finally recognized Huffington as a hypocrite. There's
hope for you yet. Now, apply that same kind of thought process to Obama.

so there.

edspyhill01

Mar 11, 2011, 12:55:04 PM3/11/11
> so there.- Hide quoted text -

Are you listening to Randi Rhodes?

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 12, 2011, 12:45:03 AM3/12/11

Are you kidding? Why?

edspyhill01

Mar 12, 2011, 12:04:20 AM3/12/11
> Are you kidding? Why?- Hide quoted text -

Broaden your horizons from 2 degrees to about 180.

Message has been deleted

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 12, 2011, 1:21:10 AM3/12/11

But...she's an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!

Message has been deleted

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 12, 2011, 1:48:36 PM3/12/11
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:13:34 -0500, Gary L. Burnore wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 20:42:17 -0800 (PST), edspyhill01
> <edspy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Funny, the're upset that a business is letting people go? They justify it
> in every other case. They even justify it if it's the state or federal
> government doing it. Typical, typical, typical.

Wrong, Gary. In order to "let people go" you have to actually PAY them
first. Not the case here. This is even worse than Corporate Greed.

edspyhill01

Mar 12, 2011, 2:42:51 PM3/12/11
> But...she's an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!- Hide quoted text -

Bet you can't find any errors in her facts of any situation she is
discussing.

edspyhill01

Mar 12, 2011, 2:46:55 PM3/12/11
> first. Not the case here. This is even worse than Corporate Greed.- Hide quoted text -

othing in the financial world is worse than corporate greed since is
is the root of everything corrupt Wall Street does. Guess who caused
billions of dollars of losses in public workers' pensions - f**king
Wall Street and their self-rated derivatives and other shit
investments.

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 12, 2011, 6:41:41 PM3/12/11

Barney Frank? Chris Dodd?

DON'T say George Bush. He asked Laurel and Hardy above to look into
banking, and they did nothing.

so there.

Hachiroku ハチロク

Mar 12, 2011, 6:44:16 PM3/12/11

Dude. Pack it up. Her whole show is an error.
I'd listen to Ed Schultz first. And, I don't know who I was listening to,
but I was getting a real kick out of it. I was up in Vermont late one
evening, ~5:30-6PM and there was a "Liberal" who was a hoot! I wish I knew
who it was, he was even better than Limbaugh. All I remember was he said
"When news breaks....we fix it..."

I'd listen to him anytime.