Need to disable Daytime Running Lights...

已查看 386 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Bo

未读,
2002年7月23日 18:50:132002/7/23
收件人
I like everything about my new 2002 Tundra 4x4 Ext Cab SR5 except the
Daytime Running Lights...
I do a lot of Deer hunting in the Tennessee Mountains in the Fall and Winter
and I like to "Kill" my lights when going into the woods at 4 or 4:30 AM...
How do I turn the "Blamed" Running lights off? Or just disconnect them?
Any help would be appreciated...
Bo...

D GsKi

未读,
2002年7月23日 23:00:162002/7/23
收件人
For one, you can click your E-Brake one time to turn them off and
still drive without hurting anything, or you can find a fuse for the
daytime running lights. That might work.

Keep in touch.

Dave GsKi

John W. Wells

未读,
2002年7月24日 00:18:562002/7/24
收件人
Tucked behind your battery (between the battery and the left wheel
well) are two grey plastic cable connectors. Simply disconnect the
one that....oops, I fergit which!! (I think it's the one that is
fastened to the wheel well).

I removed the battery first--there wasn't much room to get at the
connector with it in place.

I ran with it this way for a couple weeks when my 2002 Tundra was new,
but I frequently drive with lights on in the daylight hours, and when
the headlights are on, the Toyota engineers figured it must be
nighttime, and so dim the digital clock display! So I reconnected it.

Now can you tell me how to kill that damn beeper that drives me nuts
when I *choose* to leave my keys in the ignition?! Or don't
immediately buckle up?! Then there's that silly cargo light that's
sucking on my battery every time I leave a door open. And the
electric windows that require the ignition to be on....

Gawd, this truck is paternalistic!

--John W. Wells (oh, and whatever you do, please don't shoot Bambi!)

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:50:13 -0400, "Bo" <Boti...@MindSpring.com>
wrote:

MDT Tech®

未读,
2002年7月24日 00:26:212002/7/24
收件人
Bo wrote:

I dont want to be an "enabler", well, OK, so I do, be careful not to
accidently unplug the DRL resistor between the battery and the inner
fender, if that was to become unplugged, the DRL's would be rendered
inoperative and some nannys up north (hint, great white, nurse, blue,
hammer head, mako, tiger, bull, thresher, white tip, sandbar, blacknose,
lemon, basking and whale) would get their undies all wadded up.

cheflee

未读,
2002年7月24日 05:12:412002/7/24
收件人
for those beepers- I drive older stuff, but if you can get your hand up
behind the dash with the beeper going, you will be able to feel it vibrate.
Just disconnect the wire(s). This is easy on oldies, because there's plenty
of room up there.

CRWLR

未读,
2002年7月24日 14:58:292002/7/24
收件人
Defeating the door chime is easy, just unplug it.

tabern...@gmail.com

未读,
2014年9月16日 16:39:162014/9/16
收件人
What kind of lifespan on those hdlgts,burning all the time.does that affect the insurance coverage?

Just Passing Through

未读,
2016年5月19日 08:29:582016/5/19
收件人
On 09/16/2014 04:39 PM, tabern...@gmail.com wrote:
> What kind of lifespan on those hdlgts,burning all the time.does that affect the insurance coverage?

I have a 2003 GMC Jimmy also and on it I never had to change a light.
Consumption is obviously an issue. The rest depends on where you are, if
I were to disable mine the cops would pull me over and award me a
48-hours-to-restore order. I will disable it on my Tundra regardless but
with a switch or something. Daytime running lights actually mask other
and much more vulnerable traffic like bikers and pedestrians out of the
driver's *brightness depth of field* so they are essentially a really
irresponsible and stupid marketting gimmick sometimes enforced by law.
There is already a movement afoot to fight it (google up DTRL and such).

cl...@snyder.on.ca

未读,
2016年5月19日 12:50:222016/5/19
收件人
My 1996 bFord Ranger with 343000km almost incredibly still has the
original headlights. The only bulb I know was replaced was one of the
brake lamp bulbs.

The truck is Canadian so has DRLs.

There is no such thing as "need to disable daytime running lights".

And dispite your "opinion" they do have dafety advantages. I won't get
caught up in the old arguement, but as a competetive rallye driver wat
back in the seventies I have been a :daykighter" fot 45 years.

Just Passing Through

未读,
2016年5月19日 13:59:162016/5/19
收件人
Then don't join the fight, I already have, been driving for 60 years
BTW, not one accident, in case that would mean anything.

cl...@snyder.on.ca

未读,
2016年5月19日 16:08:032016/5/19
收件人
On Thu, 19 May 2016 13:58:48 -0400, Just Passing Through
Not far behind you and it doesn't meen a thing., and you are fighting
a loosing battle

Just Passing Through

未读,
2016年5月19日 19:19:562016/5/19
收件人
You're free to see it as you please, as far as I'm concerned the
industry needs so many kicks in the ass that DTRL is only the tip of the
iceberg. But this is a Toyota truck group (and this is my 3rd day as a
happy Tundra owner), let's not crucify it for the sins of the lot :-)

0 个新帖子