Central locking failure on Peugeot 206's

Jon

Jan 28, 2002, 1:19:24 PM1/28/02
Hi

Does anyone know if there is a known defect with the central locking system
of the Peugeot 206. Mine is a 98 XS and the central locking has just packed
in at about 20K miles (by packed in I mean it immediately unlocks itself
when locked). My Dads 206 GLX had exactly the same thing happen to it at
about the same mileage.

This seems far too much of a coincidence and it must have happened to other
people.

I'd like to know if it has happened to anyone else before Peugeot try and
charge me an extortionate fee to have it fixed.

Thanks

Anonymous

Jan 28, 2002, 3:20:29 PM1/28/02
It happened to my March 2000 206 GTi.

They changed the necessary parts no questions. Definitely a known fault.

Chris

"Jon" <j...@yevin.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! ==-----

mORBis

Jan 28, 2002, 3:26:04 PM1/28/02
I have just today been to a scrap yard to get the central locking mechanism
for my boot.

Granted, I have a Peugeot 306 D Turbo, but the central locking is just the
same. I now have a 106 central locking mechanism in my boot. All that
happened to me I there was a little cog in the mechanism which had snapped.

The thing is that it caused my boot to be totally immoveable. Now working
fine.

If I where you I would check inside each of the central locking things to
see if any damage is caused.

Ask yourself, does the central locking not work when locking all doors? Does
is not work only when you use the button on your key?

Anyway, whatever the problem is, DON' T buy the parts or part needed from
peugeot.

Central locking mechanism for my boot was quoted at £42.50 from Peugeot.....
cost me £10 at the scrap yard.

I know this hasn't answered your question properly, but I hope in some way
it may help.

Jon

Jan 28, 2002, 5:26:57 PM1/28/02
Ta for the advice. I think something major is wrong with it.
It won't lock whether you use the remote control key fob or the key in the
door (any door!) itself.

It's annoying cos I really like the car, unfortunately as things keep
breaking on it I think it's unlikely I'l be buying another Pug.

"mORBis" <jedik...@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message

lifeissupersonic

Jan 29, 2002, 11:21:51 AM1/29/02
sounds like a break in the wiring harness on the doors - if it's the same as
the 306, peel the rubber seal back from the connector at the door and see if
any wires are broken - drivers door is the usual suspect

"Jon" <j...@yevin.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Christopher Povey

Jan 29, 2002, 3:57:14 PM1/29/02

"Jon" <j...@yevin.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Same happened on my 1999 206 GTi. Motors in the front doors were replaced
under warrenty. As a temp messure press the button on the key five times.
After that the key will not operate the doors remotely for several seconds.
Lock the front doors with the key in the lock then press the button again.
This should then lock the boot. The dead locks/alarm can then be activated
with the smaller button.

--
Christopher Povey.

E-Mail:- c.povey(at)ukonline.co.uk
OR :- chris(at)povey-web.freeserve.co.uk

Remove _nospam before replying!!!

Web:- http://web.ukonline.co.uk/c.povey

ilyas...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2014, 6:58:40 AM11/19/14
just bought a 206 year 2000 and it's doing the same!

Derek

Nov 19, 2014, 2:28:51 PM11/19/14
My 306 developed the problem related to the wiring loom that connects to the drivers door. It can be replaced though it is a devil of a job and the part is expensive new and scrap yard ones may be equally flawed. Mine was caused by bad manufacturing and quality control, the surplus black filler in the centre of the wires was removed during manufacture with a share blade. This cut the insulation on the wires which then didn't support the sure when flexed by the door opening and closing. Mr P refused to cover the cost of repair. Had the car from new now 18 years old. 260,000 miles on the original engine, gearbox, and clutch. The door lock wiring has been the only bug bear so overall not bad buy.