2001 Caravan code P0202

tsm...@usd252.org

Aug 19, 2008, 1:46:39 PM8/19/08
I have a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport that gives me a p0202, which
is injector
circuit malfunction #2. It runs very rough.
My question is this, can I disconnect the wiring from each injector
see if it changes the idle. If I find one that does not change the
idle, and I test it with a noid light to make sure it getting the
proper signals, does this mean the injector needs replaced?

I also have other codes that come up P0122, P0123, and P1478. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Terry

maxpower

Aug 19, 2008, 4:13:40 PM8/19/08

<tsm...@usd252.org> wrote in message

The first thing to do is clear all the codes and start over, P0122 is a TPS
voltage low fault and the P0123 is a TPS high voltage code. This may have
been set if you disconnected something with the key on. As far as the p0202
code goes, there is no reason to disconnect each injector at a time. The
p0202 means it is the #2 injector circuit!!

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Dan C

Aug 19, 2008, 8:41:46 PM8/19/08
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:46:39 -0700, tsmith wrote:

> I also have other codes that come up P0122, P0123, and P1478. Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

As I already said to your identical question in the other thread: JFGI.

tsm...@usd252.org

Aug 21, 2008, 8:22:42 AM8/21/08
Thanks Glenn. I reset the codes started the van and it idled very
rough. It even died, but it did restart. I turned it off and now the
codes are as follows:
P0202 Injector #2 control circuit
P0122 Throttle Position Sensor Voltage Low
P0106 Barometric Pressure Out of Range
P1478 Battery Temp Sensor Volts Out of Limit
What do I try now? I assume that the first code listed, the injector
may cause the some of the other codes. Is this wrong?

aarcuda69062

Aug 21, 2008, 4:07:00 PM8/21/08
In article
<0bfc434e-3045-44e5...@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
tsm...@usd252.org wrote:

> Thanks Glenn. I reset the codes started the van and it idled very
> rough. It even died, but it did restart. I turned it off and now the
> codes are as follows:
> P0202 Injector #2 control circuit
> P0122 Throttle Position Sensor Voltage Low
> P0106 Barometric Pressure Out of Range
> P1478 Battery Temp Sensor Volts Out of Limit
> What do I try now?

Diagnosing the 32 injector circuit.
Is there continuity on both wires between the PCM and the injector?
Is there 12 volts at the injector?
Is the PCM pulling the injector to ground?
Is the #2 injector's resistance in spec?

> I assume that the first code listed, the injector
> may cause the some of the other codes. Is this wrong?

Yes.
No relation between the #2 injector and the TPS.
No relation between the #2 injector and the MAP sensor.
No relation between the #2 injector and the battery temp sensor.

maxpower

Aug 21, 2008, 8:50:48 PM8/21/08

"aarcuda69062" <none...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Is there more to this vehicle that you aren't saying> has the vehicle been
in an accident? fire or other kind of mishaps? The injector fault is easy to
test. make sure you have 12 volts at the injector as the vehicle is running
and make sure you get a ground signal on the other wire. if not trace them
back to the PCM.The same goes with the TPS fault. If you are getting a low
voltage fault you need to check for 5 volts at the TPS for proper voltage.
It could be shorted to ground or open. The TPS sensor could also be bad, the
sensor wire form the TPS could be shorted to ground. The Trans controller
could also cause this problem if the TP signal is shorted. This is the same
as the map sensor. Have you done something recently on this vehicle that may
have caused this problem because these faults do not appear to be related

tsm...@usd252.org

Aug 22, 2008, 8:27:02 AM8/22/08

< Have you done something recently on this vehicle that may
> have caused this problem because these faults do not  appear to be related- Hide quoted text -

The vehicle has not been in an accident, but I did change out a bad
altenator on it about 3 weeks ago. Thank for all the suggestions.
I'll try a few, but some seems a bit over my head.

Thanks Terry

maxpower

Aug 22, 2008, 3:39:42 PM8/22/08

<tsm...@usd252.org> wrote in message

Thanks Terry

Well if the problem happened after this repair was made you may want to go
back and check over your work for loose connections/pinched wires.
By any chance was this vehicle jump started with a backwards connection?

Glenn

tsm...@usd252.org

Aug 22, 2008, 8:26:18 PM8/22/08
On Aug 22, 2:39 pm, "maxpower" <gjbeas...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Well if the problem happened after this repair was made you may want to go
> back and check over your work for loose connections/pinched wires.
> By any chance was this vehicle jump started with a backwards connection?
>
> Glenn

We made a long vacation trip of about 2300 miles with no problem in
the van after the altenator was changed. The vehicle has never needed
jumped. However, I did clean the battery termanials (positive very
corroded) after it started running rough and codes were comming up
with some low and high voltage problems.

Thanks Terry

tsm...@usd252.org

Aug 28, 2008, 8:22:10 AM8/28/08
Thanks all for the help. I took it to local mechanic and all codes
related to one, the throttle position sensor. The total bill $145 and
runs great with no more codes. Its great to have a good mechanic you
can trust.

Terry