1997 Audi A4 1.8tq auto....lost odometer, but I got it back

dave AKA vwdoc1

Mar 24, 2010, 10:03:10 PM3/24/10
Driving yesterday I stopped for gas. While attempting to reset the trip
meter I noticed that my odometer was totally dark. I shut off the ignition
and turned it back on but it was still dark. DOOM has set upon it!
I was not happy and thought I needed another display/speedo cluster. Ebay
was going to be my friend again! lol

Searched the internet and saw a post about an A6 with the same issue and it
was only a bulb.
Opened up the Bentley and sure enough they show a bulb for my A4's odometer.
It was easier to change than the spark plugs!

Now my In 01 is blinking!
Time for the oil change or maybe when I unplugged the instruments it reset.
I thought that this was in the ECM/ECU though! <g>

Just sharing my story!
--
later,
(One out of many daves)

Ken Tukyfriedturkey

Mar 25, 2010, 2:04:41 AM3/25/10

"dave AKA vwdoc1" <vwdoc1...@pleasehotmail.com> wrote in message

how/where did you get to that bulb.

dave AKA vwdoc1

Mar 25, 2010, 5:37:30 PM3/25/10
Pull out and lower Steering Wheel.
Carefully pull the plastic trim covering up the two little screws that hold
the instrument cluster.
Remove those 2 screws and pull the instrument cluster out.
Disconnect about 4 wiring plugs from the rear of the cluster and then it
free to replace any bulb.
The bulb holder I used needle nose pliers to twist aloose. Dealer has new
bulbs and I have the part # of the bulb I used, if you need it.
Remarkable easy!!!!
I did take some pictures but it is in the Bentley manual too.

--
later,
(One out of many daves)

"Ken Tukyfriedturkey" <YesI...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

mike rousealdo rouse

May 6, 2010, 12:49:11 PM5/6/10
what is the part number please, as mine has also gone out