Sony DCR-DVD105 DVD Handycam Camcorder with 20x Optical Zoom

Am...@barrie.com

May 22, 2009, 12:56:34 AM5/22/09
Price:$449.99
Image: http://ultradiscountfinder.info/image.php?id=B000E0G00K
Best deal: http://ultradiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B000E0G00K

Good for shooting but not editing or transferring movies to other dvds. Dont buy this product, sony is garbage.
This camera was okay for about a year, but with very little use and absolutely no abuse, it broke down. Similar problem to what others are reporting here - it records, but on playback it says "disk error" etc. Sony wants $229 to fix it. No thanks!
After 1 year this product has several problem. I think that the mechanical design is not OK. The disk cover is wear out. Drive error message came up then all recorded data will be lost forever. The cost for repair is high enough to buy a new one. Not recommend to buy this product
I bought this camera after reading recommendations on Consumer Reports website. It's a pretty good camera, but perhaps I should have bought something else. Here are the reasons for that: 1) the editing is not easy; 2) colors seem to be washed out, along with the focus; 3) camera broke down after 18 months of use. For the last bullet, it appeared to be some kind of internal electronic malfunction, resulting in complete failure when using camera in moderate sunlight situations (the screen goes white): only when the amount of sun/light is fairly low, will it function. Sony can fix it, but it will cost abuot $250 (I paid $400 for the camera). The other reviews describe problems with this camera in more detail; I just wanted to highlight reliability of the camera.
At first I really liked this camcorder, although the difficulty to edit the vob and especially the vro files on a PC was quite annoying. About a year after purchase I started having serious problems with this camcorder. After having recorded on the mini DVD disc (using Sony's accucore disc, or other brands), and switching on the device again, the error message "recording on disc disabled" appeared. There was no way to retrieve the footage that had already been filmed. I inserted a new blank disc, recorded again without problems, until one day again that error message appeared, and all data was lost. I contacted Sony Support, with little hope after the warranty period, and they told me to reset the device. So I did and at that moment it recorded without problems. However, the next day when I switched on the device the error message appeared again, and all data was lost. Sony could only offer me to bring it in for repair, but the repair would cost at least $211. I'm not going to pay that for a camcorder that obviously had an internal malfunction, as the Sony analyst who assisted me also said: "I've talked to our experts who suspect that the camcorder has an internal malfunction". He also added that this is not a common problem, and that the unit has very good reviews. Well, that doesn't help me, but I guess it's an acceptable rate of failure for Sony. No more Sony for me, although I loved the camcorders I bought from them so far.
Simple digital video and still image recording is here with the DCR-DVD105 DVD Handycam camcorder. It's simple because Sony has created a camcorder with easy-to-use features, and you can record directly onto DVD. Features such as Super SteadyShot Image Stabilization compensates for camera "shake" and makes it easy to record smoother video. It's also easy to capture distant objects with 20X optical zoom and 800X digital zoom.Though easy-to-use, the DCR-DVD105 is fully capable of capturing difficult shots. With Super NightShot Plus infrared system, you can record even in low light situations. The 2.5" LCD screen provides image clarity and easily rotates to give you the best possible viewing angle. The DCR-DVD105 also comes with additional LCD touch screen controls for extra convenience. Could digital video and digital still image recording be any easier?

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Sony ACCDVDP2 Accessory Kit for DCR-DVD 203, 403, 105, 205, 305, 405 & 505 Camcorders:http://ultradiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B000EC1SO6
Sony 3" Rewritable DVD+RW for Camcorders - 3pk:http://ultradiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B0009T8JPA
SONY 3DMW30 8CM DVD-RW Discs For Video Cameras - Three Pack:http://ultradiscountfinder.info/index.php?id=B0000DKHIO