TOM MAGUIRE VIOLATES EBAY USER AGREEMENT....AGAIN

Gary Sokolich

Nov 24, 2000, 8:37:31 PM11/24/00
Hello Gary,

Thank you for the response.

To answer your question, yes it is a violation of
eBay policy to ...........

Because of this I have warned the user illtakethat

against this type of
activity. Should the continue doing this despite
the warning, their
account will be suspended.

Thank for the information!

Tom Maguire

Nov 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/25/00
This is what happens when you place a bid that makes Gary pay more than
he wants to on eBay. I am surprised that he posted here as he regularly
slams rec.audio.[anything] and all it's posters as unprofessional.

Tom Maguire
TMI Engineering

E. Hill

Nov 25, 2000, 7:07:01 PM11/25/00
Umm... If you're going to make a case, you need to provide a bit more
information than that!

- Eric

Burt

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
that's why ebay sucks - because it's controlled by hallway monitors and you
thought you were out of high school - the best part is their BOGUS "you are
insured" BS - watch what happens when you pay for an auction and the item
never arrives - you try to collect on that insurance - and you though
insurance companies were bad

Tom Maguire <t...@idt.net> wrote in message news:3A205168...@idt.net...

> This is what happens when you place a bid that makes Gary pay more than
> he wants to on eBay. I am surprised that he posted here as he regularly
> slams rec.audio.[anything] and all it's posters as unprofessional.
>
> Tom Maguire
> TMI Engineering

Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
Burt wrote:

> that's why ebay sucks - because it's controlled by hallway monitors and you
> thought you were out of high school

Hey .. some of us here are "hallway monitors".
The only thing I "monitor" on Ebay is the auction of animals (especially birds,
dogs, cats, lizards. snakes). Because auctions are a freaking cruel way to find
your pet a new home, and shipping an animal via freight is not healthy for
anyone involved. (I won't go into the "why's" but the details are pretty gory).

There's usually 100+ live animal auctions per day on ebay. (Even though it's
against their own policies) If not for those "hallway monitors" You'd be able
to auction Your KIDS that way, too.

Self policing societies do have their drawbacks, but at least they're democratic
and non litigious unlike the Bush / Gore race.
;-).
--
Ken Kareta, Owns,
Key Audio Services

*Can we take the lovebirds with us?, They haven't hurt anyone ..*
- Alfred Hitchcock (the Birds)

Gary Sokolich

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
Tom Maguire wrote:

> This is what happens when you place a bid that makes Gary pay more than
> he wants to on eBay. I am surprised that he posted here as he regularly
> slams rec.audio.[anything] and all it's posters as unprofessional.

No this is what happens when an immoral, unethical scumbag like you (my
opinion)
not only posts private email correspondence to a public forum but also
posts my address and unlisted phone number. While it is
regrettable that such outrageous behavior is not yet condemned in the
unofficial rules of conduct for this newsgroup, such beavior is a violation

of ebay's rules which you agreed to abide by when you signed up. It is
also
a violation of ebay's rules to leave feedback for transactions that take
place totally outside ebay. Your repeated violations of ebay's rules and
your posts to this newsgroup bear clear testimony to your lack of personal
integrity (my opinion).

If you are still confused about my post, just think of it as a public
service anouncement. Anyone who ignores it will be without excuse if/when
he finds himself crawling away, from a encounter with you, with an enflamed

and bleeding rectu

Gary Sokolich

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
"E. Hill" wrote:

> Umm... If you're going to make a case, you need to provide a bit more
> information than that!

Tom Maguire is an immoral, unethical scumbag (my opinion)
who not only posted private email correspondence to a public forum but
also posted my address and unlisted phone number. Such beavior is a
violation
of ebay's rules. It is also a violation of ebay's rules to leave
feedback for
transactions that take place totally outside ebay. Tom Maguire's
repeated violations of ebay's rules and his newsgroup posts bear clear

testimony to your lack of personal
integrity (my opinion).

Just think of my post it as a public

service anouncement. Anyone who ignores it will be without excuse
if/when
he finds himself crawling away, from a encounter with you, with an
enflamed

and bleeding rectum.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
Gary Sokolich wrote:

> from a encounter with you,

Should have read "from an encounter with him."
Sorry.

Phildo

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00

"Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)" <k...@keyaudio.com> wrote in message

> Self policing societies do have their drawbacks, but at least they're
democratic
> and non litigious unlike the Bush / Gore race.

Same thing for usenet. If it wasn't for despammers taking their own time
to report the spammers to their ISPs and upstreams then you wouldn't be
able to read a single group because the posts would be drowned out in
spam.

As for TM and the whiny git who started this thread do they realise none
of us actually care one iota for their playground squabbles?

Phildo

Mark Plancke

Nov 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/26/00
"Burt" <shal...@att.netREMOVE> wrote:

>that's why ebay sucks

Actually cross-posting sucks even more.

Mark Plancke
SOUNDTECH RECORDING STUDIOS
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
http://SoundTechRecording.com

"Stop wasting your time poking around 'web sites and get real
catalogues that you can take into the bathroom with you." - Scott Dorsey

Phildo

Nov 26, 2000, 7:53:56 PM11/26/00

"Gary Sokolich" <wgs...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

<snip childish tantrum>

Spot the clue.

"We don't give a shit"

Phildo

Gary Sokolich

Nov 26, 2000, 9:13:59 PM11/26/00
Phildo wrote:

> As for TM and the whiny git who started this thread do they realise none
> of us actually care one iota for their playground squabbles?
>
> Phildo

Well Phildo,
Should you ever get involved with Tom Maguire and subsequently find yourself
crawling away from the encounter with blood dripping from your rectum, it'll
be you, not I who'll be the whiny git.
Warnings are often dismissed, expecially by mindless morons.

Richard D Pierce

Nov 26, 2000, 9:26:13 PM11/26/00
In article <3A21C354...@earthlink.net>,

Gary Sokolich <wgs...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Should you ever get involved with Tom Maguire and subsequently find yourself
>crawling away from the encounter with blood dripping from your rectum, it'll
>be you, not I who'll be the whiny git.
>Warnings are often dismissed, expecially by mindless morons.

Childish potty humor poorly disguised as silly hyperbole in
defense of even petty, unimportant personal squabbles are almost
always made by self-infatuated mindless morons as well.

--
| Dick Pierce |
| Professional Audio Development |

Phildo

Nov 26, 2000, 9:44:49 PM11/26/00

> Phildo wrote:
>
> > As for TM and the whiny git who started this thread do they realise
none
> > of us actually care one iota for their playground squabbles?
> >
> > Phildo
>
> Well Phildo,
> Should you ever get involved with Tom Maguire and subsequently find
yourself
> crawling away from the encounter with blood dripping from your rectum,
it'll
> be you, not I who'll be the whiny git.

Nah, I'll just let him deal with my attorney. Then again I wouldn't be
stupid enough to get involved with someone who has feedback like his.

> Warnings are often dismissed, expecially by mindless morons.

But you're not warning us, you're simply showing yourself up as an idiot
trying to personally smear someone we neither know nor care about. If
you have a problem with this guy then take him to court, have it out
with him or just don't deal with him but whatever you do, don't bother
us with your childish tantrums because we just don't give a shit.

When you want to discuss live sound then you are welcome here. If you
have any more personal squabbles then take them somewhere else (may I
suggest alt.playground.squabbles or rec.immature.whiny.tantrums).

Phildo

Tom Maguire

Nov 27, 2000, 12:34:46 AM11/27/00
Gary,

Do we really need to start a tampon campaign to plug your bleeding ass?
Anyone curious enough to look can easily find the auction on eBay, here
are the links:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=500070735&ed=974755703

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=500070735&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=974755703&indexURL=0&rd=1

All this and you won the mic to boot at about 40% of market price. You
are truly out of your mind. Your postings are very colorful but have no
basis in fact. I obtained your address and phone number from you, not
eBay, in a deal that you did not list with eBay. Therefore, any privacy
afforded by eBay's user agreement does not in any way apply. The reason
you got negative feedback on eBay from me was for using eBay bidder
information to make sales on the side and for reneging on them. eBay's
rules allowed what I did (and have since changed) but specifically
prohibited what you did at all times. You also left negative feedback on
my eBay page on the same transaction. When you called me a liar publicly
and then invited me to fill in the things you left out I just did what
you asked. How would I explain all this without your emails? Vulgar
accusations do not make something true. Facts make it true, a phrase you
use like a blunt object on everyone but yourself. Your emails contain
those facts and you left me no choice but to use them. In fact you
insisted on it and declined when I offered to cancel the post if you
would also retract. This entire situation is a Gary Sokolich design.

You could have listed the items with eBay. You could have honored the
deal with me. You could have taken the feedback like a man. You could
have chosen not to single out every posting of mine for some slanderous
insulting retort. You could have refrained from calling me a liar. You
could have avoided taunting me to disclose this information you are NOW
valuing as private. You could have, but you didn't and now you are
embroiled in a fight you cannot win.

Twist in the wind Gary.

Tom Maguire
TMI Engineering

Gary Sokolich wrote:

> Tom Maguire wrote:
>
> > This is what happens when you place a bid that makes Gary pay more than
> > he wants to on eBay. I am surprised that he posted here as he regularly
> > slams rec.audio.[anything] and all it's posters as unprofessional.
>
> No this is what happens when an immoral, unethical scumbag like you (my
> opinion)
> not only posts private email correspondence to a public forum but also
> posts my address and unlisted phone number. While it is
> regrettable that such outrageous behavior is not yet condemned in the
> unofficial rules of conduct for this newsgroup, such beavior is a violation
>

> of ebay's rules which you agreed to abide by when you signed up. It is

> also
> a violation of ebay's rules to leave feedback for transactions that take

> place totally outside ebay. Your repeated violations of ebay's rules and

> your posts to this newsgroup bear clear testimony to your lack of personal
> integrity (my opinion).
>
> If you are still confused about my post, just think of it as a public

Tom Maguire

Nov 27, 2000, 12:42:44 AM11/27/00
to Phildo
Dear Phildo,

Exactly what feedback was that? I have two negatives that were retracted
and two slanderous neutrals from Gary along with 31 positives. If I did
more business there, it would be higher.

Tom Maguire
TMI Engineering

Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Gary Sokolich wrote:

> Warnings are often dismissed, expecially by mindless morons.

With all due respect, Gary,
Isn't it rather Moronic to buy a used calibrated mic?
How "calibrated" could a used mic be for such a tiny price?

Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Gary Sokolich wrote:

> Should have read "from an encounter with him."
> Sorry.

Okay,
Gary & Tom,
One more cross post, and BOTH of You kids get reported to Your ISP's for NG
flooding. Learn how to post to usenet before doing so.

Gary:
You sound like someone in need of attention.
get help.

Tom:
Set a reserve price to keep the cheapskates from bidding on Your auctions.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Richard D Pierce wrote:

> Childish potty humor poorly disguised as silly hyperbole in
> defense of even petty, unimportant personal squabbles are almost
> always made by self-infatuated mindless morons as well.

Your self portrait...no doubt.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
"Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)" wrote:

> With all due respect, Gary,
> Isn't it rather Moronic to buy a used calibrated mic?
> How "calibrated" could a used mic be for such a tiny price?

If you were familiar with the equipment, you would know that there
were three items, not one, and that the description was incorrect.
Specifically, there was a 2619 1/2" mic preamp, a DB-0375 1"-1/2"
adapter and a 4144 1" mic capsule. The 1987 list prices are $1025,
$25 and $954 respectively. My primary interest was in the preamp
and adapter. If the capsule works and meets mfgr specs, that would
be an unexpected bonus. I know several people who would be fighting
each other to give me $150 for it. If it doesn't work, I'll offer
it to Tom Maguire for $250. With regard to the issue of calibration,
I have all the equipment necessary to perform both pressure and free
field response calibration as well as to obtain NIST-traceable
absolute pressure sensitivity at 250Hz. Lastly, if you followed
Bruel&Kjaer equipment on eBay, you would find that. more often than
not, it sells for well under 10cents on the dollar.

Phildo

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00

> Richard D Pierce wrote:
>
> > Childish potty humor poorly disguised as silly hyperbole in
> > defense of even petty, unimportant personal squabbles are almost
> > always made by self-infatuated mindless morons as well.
>
> Your self portrait...no doubt.

Does your mommy know you're using her computer to post to usenet?

I've heard better retorts at a kindergarten and from the inmates not the
staff..

Phildo

Gary Sokolich

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
"Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)" wrote:

> Gary:
> You sound like someone in need of attention.
> get help.
>
> Tom:
> Set a reserve price to keep the cheapskates from bidding on Your auctions.

Thank you Dr. Freud (or is it Dr. Fraud) for your biased and ignorant opinion.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Phildo wrote:

> Does your mommy know you're using her computer to post to usenet?

No. She passed away five years ago at age 96.

> I've heard better retorts at a kindergarten and from the inmates not the
> staff..

The next time I need one I'll call on someone in your class or in your
cellblock for assistance.

Curt Wells

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Hey Kenneth, have you ever walked into someplace where a riduclous argument
is going on at a screaming volume, and if you happen to look up from your
burrito platter and look one of 'em in the eye you get a "WHAT THE F&*%# ARE
YOU LOOKING AT, YOU C*&%S@%?*&ER?"

If i didn't get such a voyeristic pleasure outta reading these two, I woulda
ignored this crap a long time ago. Is there a way we can get these two on
Jerry Springer?

Biased, Ignorant, and has bad breath. Curt.

Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
Gary Sokolich wrote:

> If you were familiar with the equipment, you would know that there
> were three items, not one, and that the description was incorrect.

Gary,
If You could read newsgroup monikers better You'd realize that I'm a LIVE
AUDIO TECH,
and You have posted this to a LIVE AUDIO group IN ERROR!

Now, Considering the mics are aged studio gear at best. I'm not familiar
with these. Nor do I have any desire to be, It is of * no * financial
benefit to my company or clientele to be educated about such "Sanford & Son"
studio stuff.

> it sells for well under 10cents on the dollar.

Just like old cars, old computers, and old rings. All of which are STILL OT
to audio groups!
And guess who began all this OT cross posting bullshit, Gary.
YOU!

It just goes to show everyone that You're a sore looser who CAN'T FUCKING
READ!
Now get this shit off these OT groups like a normal human would do.

You Lost an Auction, it happens every day.
GET OVER IT!

Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00
Curt Wells wrote:

> Hey Kenneth, have you ever walked into someplace where a riduclous argument
> is going on at a screaming volume, and if you happen to look up from your
> burrito platter and look one of 'em in the eye you get a "WHAT THE F&*%# ARE
> YOU LOOKING AT, YOU C*&%S@%?*&ER?"

Ya know, that's a great moment to use Tabasco sauce as a weapon, if they get
*too* close.
;-)

> Is there a way we can get these two on
> Jerry Springer?

ROFLMAO,
I can see it now:
"People who turn violent when loosing an Ebay auction, and the Wives who outbid
them ... today on Springer"

> Biased, Ignorant, and has bad breath.

Yo, Q'ero Taco Hell ;-)

--
Ken Kareta, Owns,
Key Audio Services

*Can we take the lovebirds with us?, They haven't hurt anyone ..*

0jun...@interl.net

Nov 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/28/00

On 2000-11-28 k...@keyaudio.com said:
>And guess who began all this OT cross posting bullshit, Gary.
>YOU!
>It just goes to show everyone that You're a sore looser who CAN'T
>FUCKING READ!
>Now get this shit off these OT groups like a normal human would do.
>You Lost an Auction, it happens every day.
>GET OVER IT!
I killfiled Gary as a whining bag of shit, but the thread doesn't seem
to die. I don't buy squat from online auctions! I could give a rat's
ass about this sniveler and his boo hoo hoo sob story.
I'm tired of downloading crap just to throw it in the trash bin. I've
read TOm's posts on the pro-audio mailing list and in rec.audio.pro.
AS for this Gary character, I've seen nothing but his whining and
sniveling here for the last three days.
IF he should keep it up complain to earthlink and maybe they'll do
something about it.

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
replace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email. SOrry
folks, I had to reinstitute spam filtering. Tried it the other way, didn't like
the results.
Looking for a search engine? AVOID Excite.COM!!! They encourage spammers!!!
I DO NOT WANT TO ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS.
Same goes for mortgaging my home or improving my golf swing!
Harass a spammer today!!! call 206-350-1747 and tell them what you
think of these bogus "work from home" opportunities.
SPAM SUCKS!!!

David Shorter

Nov 28, 2000, 6:58:04 AM11/28/00
Gary Sokolich wrote:

Why don't you go back to your usual playpen (alt.science.
physics.acoustics) and carry on your bitch fight there
without annoying the users of the audio groups you have
cross posted to.

For those of you who are interested in further examples of
GS' apparent failure to grasp reality then may I suggest a
deja.com search of the above mentioned acoustics group.

--

Regards,
David Shorter

DazzReal Sound Labs
Auckland, New Zealand

Any errors in tact, fact or spelling
are entirely due to transmission error.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 28, 2000, 7:11:07 PM11/28/00
Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)" wrote:

> It just goes to show everyone that You're a sore looser who CAN'T FUCKING
> READ!
> Now get this shit off these OT groups like a normal human would do.
>
> You Lost an Auction, it happens every day.
> GET OVER IT!

1) You asked a question and I answered it POLITELY, which in light of your reply
is more than you deserved.
2) You're the one who can't read, not I. My initial post had nothing whatever
to do with any auction (recent or past), nor was it motivated by the outcome of
any auction.
3) You are right. I am not normal, and I am proud of it. I'll put my academic
credentials and professional accomplishments, and my personal and professional
integrity, up against yours any day of the week.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 28, 2000, 7:54:00 PM11/28/00
Tom Maguire wrote:

> This entire situation is a Gary Sokolich design.

No, this entire situation is a Tom Maguire royal fuck-up. Many, many,........,many months ago you bid on a B&K 2615 and

got outbid. I had several 2615s that I hadn't used for a long time and didn't plan on ever using. Realizing that you
really wanted one, I offered them to you. I did it because I am a nice guy. I certainly didn't need the money. When
it came to closing the deal, rather than being grateful and gracious, you turned into a flaming asshole. To make
matters worse, you called me and, rather than offering an apology for a possible misunderstanding, you started pounding
your shoe on the table and making demands. Now, when I'm offering to do someone (who I don't know) a favor and he
starts making demands, it's fuck-him time......and that just pissed you off to no end......and the rest is history that
is well documented both in eBay feedback and in the dejanews archive.

> ... now you are

> embroiled in a fight you cannot win.

It isn't a fight, just a public information campign. So, don't flatter yourslelf......because I don't give a rat's ass
what people in these newsgroups think of me. And, if they don't see the writing on the wall, then they deserve you and
vice versa.

> Twist in the wind Gary.

Twist on your thumb Tom.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 28, 2000, 8:12:57 PM11/28/00
0jun...@interl.net wrote:

> I killfiled Gary as a whining bag of shit, but the thread doesn't seem
> to die. I don't buy squat from online auctions! I could give a rat's
> ass about this sniveler and his boo hoo hoo sob story.
> I'm tired of downloading crap just to throw it in the trash bin. I've
> read TOm's posts on the pro-audio mailing list and in rec.audio.pro.
> AS for this Gary character, I've seen nothing but his whining and
> sniveling here for the last three days.
> IF he should keep it up complain to earthlink and maybe they'll do
> something about it.
>
> Richard Webb
> Electric Spider Productions

How profound and articulate. I assume that you got to the 8th grade, but I doubt
that you made it much past high school.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 28, 2000, 8:47:29 PM11/28/00
Curt Wells wrote:

> If i didn't get such a voyeristic pleasure outta reading these two, I woulda

> ignored this crap a long time ago. Is there a way we can get these two on
> Jerry Springer?

Right on....what a great observation and one hell of a bellylaugh; but the
answer is no.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 28, 2000, 8:55:53 PM11/28/00
"Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)" wrote:

> I can see it now:
> "People who turn violent when loosing an Ebay auction, and the Wives who outbid
> them ... today on Springer"
>
> > Biased, Ignorant, and has bad breath.

Biased, yes. Ignorant, no. If there is anyone here who is ignorant here, it is
you.

Gary Sokolich

Nov 28, 2000, 9:07:25 PM11/28/00
"Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)" wrote:

> I can see it now:
> "People who turn violent when loosing an Ebay auction, and the Wives who outbid
> them ... today on Springer"

A mindless comment from a floundering ignoramus. If you could read, and had any
reasonable level of comprehension, you would realize that the matter has nothing
whatever to do with any eBay auction.

Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
(No longer worth cross posting)

There's been 5 complaints against Gary registered at Earthlink this week,
8 will get the company "concerned" and 15 will get him ousted from Earthlink.
Gentlemen ... start Your engines!

Key Audio (Kenneth Kareta)

Nov 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/29/00
(I have sent this to the other NG's and just copied it here for reference)

Gary Sokolich wrote:

> I'll put my academic credentials and professional accomplishments, and my personal
> and professional integrity, up against yours any day of the week.

Read this entire thread again Gary,
You've already put Your "Integrity" out where everyone can see it.
You should really zip it up now, It's pretty ugly ..

I can read just fine buddy.
Fact is:
Your not reading MY message.

So I'll say it again, (For the 3rd freakin' time)
I've decided to type in 4th grade english, so You can understand it this time:

NO ONE CARES who did what to You,
Or why,
Or if You were right or wrong,
It's between You, and Tom, and should remain there, as a private issue!
I firmly suggest that You to stop cross posting this whiny OT bullshit to the audio
NG's!

Until I see a post where You've contributed more flash than You have flames,
You'll be nothing but another angry net - punk.

Kill file - on <Ploink>