Asking For Proof of Religion or G-d is Foolish

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 6:46:42 AM2/6/11
You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
irrelevant,They
indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.

The same is true for Judaism and Islam.

Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly

Mickey

Feb 6, 2011, 7:56:15 AM2/6/11

No, it's a way the Church came up with (telling believers not to
question their faith) tht cripples them mentally.Islam does the
same thing. And, Orthodox Judaism isn't far behind.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 6, 2011, 8:36:37 AM2/6/11
Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
03f23e...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

True. Religion is such BS that anyone who actually
THINKS about know it is a fantasy. Ergo the religious
assault on thinking.

"Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never
comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently
than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with
contempt all that emanates from God"
Martin Luther, 1533

Christopher A. Lee

Feb 6, 2011, 8:53:02 AM2/6/11
On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 07:36:37 -0600, Mitchell Holman
<nom...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
>03f23e...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:
>
>> You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
>> If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
>> All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
>> irrelevant,They
>> indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>>
>> The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>>
>> Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>
> True. Religion is such BS that anyone who actually
>THINKS about know it is a fantasy. Ergo the religious
>assault on thinking.

Bruno was lying through his teeth because it's all about "put up or
shut up" - after theists raised the subject where it is inappropriate
in the first place.

Les Hellawell

Feb 6, 2011, 9:59:24 AM2/6/11
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 03:46:42 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net>
wrote:

>You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.

We know.

It is just a claim without foundation, a notion plucked
out of ignorance and superstition, we know that,
we have always known that.

>If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.

It is the only basis for accepting it.

>All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
>irrelevant,They

Again we always knew religion was just worthless
faith.

>The same is true for Judaism and Islam.

>Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly

and so is asking us to accept it 'on faith'

My system of beliefs tell me only accept a
claim if there is sufficient evidence to justify it
being believed.

If the claim is not supported by evidence then
belief it is true is not justified.

It is why I am do not believe there are any
gods (atheist) . I do not accept claims there are gods
because there is no evidence to support the claim
sufficient to justify belief.

I do not accept evolution and reject creationism
because I am atheist but because of the same
system of belief:

I accept evolution because there is sufficient
evidence to justify belief.
I reject creationism because there is no evidence
to justify belief.

Simpy asking me to accept claims there is a
god on faith is not good enough. If you are
going to claim there is a god you aught to
able to tell me where you got the notion
from and what caused you to believe it
is true.

You admit you cannot so I am forced
to conclude someone sometime just made
it all up and anybody who accepted it must
have accepted in unquestioned (On faith)

It seems a rather strange thing to accept
anothers claims unquestioned but It is
not for me to judge others.

Les Hellawell
Greetings from:
Yorkshire -The White Rose County

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 10:06:22 AM2/6/11

Well, I'm not any church and no Jew has ever toild me not to question
any thing,Matter of fact, Jews are encouraged to ask questions. We do
it all the time.We all know we are taking things on faith.As
usual,your generalizations about religion are flawed.

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 10:16:25 AM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 5:36 am, Mitchell Holman <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
> 03f23e000...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

You say you abhor proselytizing.Yet here you are trying to convert me
to atheism.I choose to believe the basics of Judaism and it is my
right to do so, I will continue to believe in it despite your claims
It's time to mind your own business,I'll do as I please with my life
and you have no say in the matter..

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 10:21:21 AM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 5:53 am, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 07:36:37 -0600, Mitchell Holman
>

> <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
> >03f23e000...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:
>
> >> You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> >> If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
> >> All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> >> irrelevant,They
> >> indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> >> The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> >> Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>
> >     True. Religion is such BS that anyone who actually
> >THINKS about know it is a fantasy. Ergo the religious
> >assault on thinking.
>
> Bruno was lying through his teeth because it's all about "put up or
> shut up"

You don't know me and you have absolutely no idea of what I think.
Nobody has ever pressured me to accept Judaism, since proselytizing is
forbidden to Jews and has been since 300 AD.

You're just an ignorant fool who thinks everybody has to think like
you do.

- after theists raised the subject where it is inappropriate

> in the first place.- Hide quoted text -

Free Lunch

Feb 6, 2011, 10:22:43 AM2/6/11
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 07:16:25 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net>
wrote in alt.atheism:

>On Feb 6, 5:36�am, Mitchell Holman <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
>> 03f23e000...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:
>>
>> > You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
>> > If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
>> > All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
>> > irrelevant,They
>> > indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>>
>> > The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>>
>> > Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>>
>> � � �True. Religion is such BS that anyone who actually
>> THINKS about know it is a fantasy. Ergo the religious
>> assault on thinking.
>>
>> "Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never
>> comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently
>> than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with
>> contempt all that emanates from God"
>> Martin Luther, 1533
>
>You say you abhor proselytizing.Yet here you are trying to convert me
>to atheism.

Really?

>I choose to believe the basics of Judaism and it is my
>right to do so, I will continue to believe in it despite your claims
>It's time to mind your own business,I'll do as I please with my life
>and you have no say in the matter..

True, you have the choice to believe that which cannot be shown to
exist. You have the choice to deny the facts that scientists have
discovered. You have the choice to keep yourself ignorant and foolish.

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 10:25:07 AM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 7:22 am, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 07:16:25 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net>
> discovered. You have the choice to keep yourself ignorant and foolish.- Hide quoted text -

You say you abhor proselytizing, yet here you are trying to convert me
to atheism.That is hypocrisy.

Free Lunch

Feb 6, 2011, 10:27:55 AM2/6/11
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 07:25:07 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net>
wrote in alt.atheism:

>You say you abhor proselytizing, yet here you are trying to convert me
>to atheism.

I don't really care if people proselytize, as long as they aren't
completely rude about it and don't do it in the wrong newsgroups.
Alt.atheism is not a place to proselytize, but since you decided to post
here about religion, you should expect to put up with criticism.

>That is hypocrisy.

No, it is not. I won't preach to you about the Hog Father or the Tooth
Fairy, the gods are no different.

huge

Feb 6, 2011, 10:50:22 AM2/6/11

Yet you yourself seem to be saying that the word itself is not to be
questioned:

"If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
irrelevant,"

At least tell us rationally why you think 'faith' is to always
be excepted from rational debate. It's looking like a big game of
"let's pretend" to me.
--
Not on my time you don't.

Mike Jones

Feb 6, 2011, 10:54:54 AM2/6/11
Responding to Joe Bruno:

His generalisations versus your induced fantasies?

Hmmmm. I think I'll go with the generalisations Bob!

--
*=( http://www.churchofreality.org/

Mitchell Holman

Feb 6, 2011, 10:55:44 AM2/6/11
Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net> wrote in news:4d42b842-fd4e-41b1-9eee-
1db09f...@q2g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

1) YOU are the one who started a topic about
how religion requires faith alone. The quote
from Martin Luther was AGREEING WITH YOU.

2) And as for "proselytizing" - what are you
doing in an atheist newsgroup if you don't want
to hear about atheism or deal with atheists?

Mike Jones

Feb 6, 2011, 10:56:55 AM2/6/11
Responding to Joe Bruno:

[...]

>> Bruno was lying through his teeth because it's all about "put up or
>> shut up"
>
> You don't know me and

And CHL scores yet another easy punch!

Bruno hits the deck in freefall, again!

The crowd roars! %)

--
*=( http://www.churchofreality.org/

Mike Jones

Feb 6, 2011, 10:57:46 AM2/6/11
Responding to Joe Bruno:

[...]

> You say you abhor proselytizing.Yet here you are trying to convert me to
> atheism.I choose to believe

You're posting on alt.atheism, you retard!

--
*=( http://www.churchofreality.org/

Mike Jones

Feb 6, 2011, 10:58:38 AM2/6/11
Responding to Joe Bruno:

[...]

> You say you abhor proselytizing, yet here you are trying to convert me
> to atheism.That is hypocrisy.

You're posting on alt.atheism, you retard!

--
*=( http://www.churchofreality.org/

Hope Simmers

Feb 6, 2011, 11:28:45 AM2/6/11

Your opinion is noted, Sybil. I hope you find your "o" one day.

Alphabetically yours,
Hope Simmers

Les Hellawell

Feb 6, 2011, 12:12:55 PM2/6/11
On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:55:44 -0600, Mitchell Holman
<nom...@comcast.net> wrote:

I wonder if he also wanders into Christian churches
and stands up an moans about proselytizing when the
preacher start talking about Christianity?

I also wonder what the reaction would be if I
went into a Jewish temple and similarly moaned
about proselytizing when their priest starts talking
about his religion

Actually I would not for one second consider walking
into a place of religion to tell them why
I am atheist or to moan about them proselytizing
in a place where I would expect them to talk
about and practise their religion

The signs are on the doors, if you do not like
the messages expresed within do not enter.
We did not ask him to come here and he is
free to leave beliefs intact whenever he wishes.

I care not for his beliefs or whether he changes
them or not but he does not get to come here and
expect us to keep quiet lest we be accused of
proselytizing or expect to lecture us in silence.

His moaning is another example of the
hypocracy we have come to expect

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 12:35:08 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 9:12 am, Les Hellawell <l...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:55:44 -0600, Mitchell Holman
>

> <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote in news:4d42b842-fd4e-41b1-9eee-
> >1db09f37d...@q2g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

I never ever expected you to keep silent.
I expected exactly what happened-the atheists try to make me one of
their own by badmouthing religion with their usual ignorant claims
about it.

The fact is you atheists are constantly proselytizing on the one hand
and condemning the practice on the other.You are apparently
so stupid you can't recognize the contradiction.

> His moaning is another example of the
> hypocracy we have come to expect

Show proof of this "moaning".
You need remedial English.

> Les Hellawell
> Greetings from:
> Yorkshire -The White Rose County- Hide quoted text -

Les Hellawell

Feb 6, 2011, 1:28:21 PM2/6/11
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 09:35:08 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net>
wrote:

Moan moan moan

He comes to alt.atheism of his own free will, the sign is
on the door, and moans when he does not like atheist talking
about why they are atheist on a newsgroup for atheists.

Sheesh

>> >1)  YOU are the one who started a topic about
>> >how religion requires faith alone. The quote
>> >from Martin Luther was AGREEING WITH YOU.
>>
>> >2)  And as for "proselytizing" - what are you
>> >doing in an atheist newsgroup if you don't want
>> >to hear about atheism or deal with atheists?
>>
>> I wonder if he also wanders into Christian churches
>> and stands up an moans about proselytizing when the
>> preacher start talking about Christianity?

My curiosity remains

>> I also wonder what the reaction would be if I
>> went into a Jewish temple and similarly moaned
>> about proselytizing when their priest starts talking
>> about his religion

My curiosity remains

>> Actually I would not for one second consider walking
>> into a place of religion to tell  them why
>> I am atheist or to moan about them proselytizing
>> in a place where I would expect them to talk
>> about and practise their religion
>>
>> The signs are on the doors, if you do not like
>> the messages expresed within do not enter.
>> We did not ask him to come here and he is
>> free to leave beliefs intact whenever he wishes.
>>
>> I care not for his beliefs or whether he changes
>> them or not  but he does not get to come here and
>> expect us to keep quiet lest we be accused of
>> proselytizing or expect to lecture us in silence.
>

>I never ever expected you to keep silent.
>I expected exactly what happened-the atheists try to make me one of
>their own by badmouthing religion with their usual ignorant claims
>about it.

Stay and we will tell you more about why we are atheist. Like
it or like it not that's what we do here. We are not going to stop
because some stranger does not like it. I happen to live in a
country where I am free to express my views freely. I choose
to confine my remarks to this newsgroup where I believe I
am welcome.

Stay or go it is immaterial to me.

>The fact is you atheists are constantly proselytizing on the one hand
>and condemning the practice on the other.You are apparently
>so stupid you can't recognize the contradiction.

A Christian is not proselytizing his religion when he expresses
it in his church nor is a Jew in his temple Why should our explaining
why we are atheist in a newsgroup for atheists be regarded as any
different? If you do not like it then tough. L

It is when the Christian and the jews comes here and starts
telling us about his religion and/or bad mouthing us here for
not sharing it they are proselytizing. When I come to a
jewish newsgroup and start telling them about why I am atheist
then you can accuse me about proselytizing.

>> His moaning is another example of the
>> hypocracy we have come to expect
>
>Show proof of this "moaning".
>You need remedial English.

Personal bad mouthing noted.

panam...@hotmail.com

Feb 6, 2011, 1:47:21 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 6:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.

Okay, so far, so good.

> All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> irrelevant,They
> indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly

Well, if that dumb-assed believer would stop insisting I *join* his
religion, the subject would never come up. Once again, there'd be no
problem if you morons could just keep that shit to yourselves..

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!

Don Martin

Feb 6, 2011, 3:32:26 PM2/6/11
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 07:16:25 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net> wrote:

>here you are trying to convert me
>to atheism

And here you are in an atheist news group. Who dragged your sorry arse in here?
Please name the wretch, so we can cast him out into the darkness of theism.

-

Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
The Squeeky Wheel: http://home.comcast.net/~drdonmartin/

Don Martin

Feb 6, 2011, 3:32:26 PM2/6/11
On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 07:21:21 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net> wrote:

> [...]

It _is_ silly in view of the fact that the believer is as unlikely to be able to
come up with a rational answer as a turd is to grow wings and fly away. It is
also silly in that atheists generally ask for evidence and not proof. "Proof"
is what dishonest people twist the request for evidence into, so that they can
bleat that the request is impossible.

So you are, for a change, correct on two counts.

>> > � � True. Religion is such BS that anyone who actually

>> >THINKS about know it is a fantasy. Ergo the religious
>> >assault on thinking.
>>
>> Bruno was lying through his teeth because it's all about "put up or
>> shut up"
>
>You don't know me

Who would care to? And why are you prancing about on alt.atheism?

David Canzi

Feb 6, 2011, 3:39:31 PM2/6/11
In article <c1053a98-e5b4-4585...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,

The conclusion that follows from what you're saying here is that
religion is not about truth.

--
David Canzi | Life is too short to point out every mistake. |

Syd M.

Feb 6, 2011, 3:42:10 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 6:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:

Well, too bad, because we will, Joe Dumbo. If you want us to join your
ignorant faith, you need to cough up evidence.
'Nuff said.

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 6, 2011, 3:46:38 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 10:16 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 5:36 am, Mitchell Holman <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
> > 03f23e000...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:
>
> > > You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> > > If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
> > > All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> > > irrelevant,They
> > > indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> > > The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> > > Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>
> >      True. Religion is such BS that anyone who actually
> > THINKS about know it is a fantasy. Ergo the religious
> > assault on thinking.
>
> > "Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never
> > comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently
> > than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with
> > contempt all that emanates from God"
> > Martin Luther, 1533
>
> You say you abhor proselytizing.Yet here you are trying to convert me
> to atheism.

Just refuse to stop lying, eh, Joe?
I guess demanding evidence is the same as attempting to convert you,
at least to the little minded Joe.

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 6, 2011, 3:47:08 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 10:21 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 5:53 am, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 07:36:37 -0600, Mitchell Holman
>
> > <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > >Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
> > >03f23e000...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

> > >     True. Religion is such BS that anyone who actually
> > >THINKS about know it is a fantasy. Ergo the religious
> > >assault on thinking.
>
> > Bruno was lying through his teeth because it's all about "put up or
> > shut up"
>
> You don't know me and you have absolutely no idea of what I think.
> Nobody has ever pressured me to accept Judaism, since proselytizing is
> forbidden to Jews and has been since 300 AD.
>
> You're just an ignorant fool who thinks everybody has to think like
> you do.

Stop projecting, Joe.

PDW

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 4:25:31 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 10:47 am, "panamfl...@hotmail.com" <panamfl...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

None of those believers are Jews.Proselytizing has been forbidden
us since 300.AD.I have certainly not asked you to join us and I cannot
control the Christians or Moslems.

This is what I mean about generalizing about all religions.
There are 13 million Jews worldwide who are forbidden to proselytize.

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 4:27:57 PM2/6/11

Already told you I do not want you to join and the evidence thing is
silly.

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 4:28:50 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 12:42 pm, "Syd M." <pauldavidwri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Since you insist on insulting my relgion, you are KILLFILED.

MarkA

Feb 6, 2011, 5:12:47 PM2/6/11
On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 03:46:42 -0800, Joe Bruno wrote:

> You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
> All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> irrelevant,They
> indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.

No, they indicate a frustration with people who do not distinguish between
believing in a proposition because there is compelling evidence, versus an
implausible and arbitrary belief backed only by tradition, with no
supporting evidence.

If two physicists disagree on the mass of an electron, they can review
each other's evidence, and how it was obtained, to find the source of
their disagreement. If a Jew and a Muslim disagree on who has a
legitimate claim to a city in the Middle East, they only way to resolve
the dispute is for one side to exterminate the other.

See the difference?

> The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly

It is understandable that people believe the stories they were told as
children. It is unforgivable that many people never seriously examine
those beliefs.

--
MarkA

If you can read this, you can stop reading now.

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 5:23:08 PM2/6/11

....and your evidence that many people do this?
How do you know they don't examine their beliefs?
Do you have poll results that prove this?

Listen up:People are free to believe anything they want to and you
have no say in the matter.Try reading the first amendment to the
constitution on religion.Now you are proselytizing, the thing you
claim you hate.Can you spell "hypocrisy"

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 5:25:55 PM2/6/11

Here is what the Founding Fathers thought about religion:

The following are the Amendments to the Constitution. The first ten
Amendments collectively are commonly known as the Bill of Rights.
History

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified
12/15/1791. Note

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Buddythunder

Feb 6, 2011, 6:20:15 PM2/6/11
On Feb 7, 12:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.

Well then... why would anyone accept it? Just askin'. I really cannot
believe things without reason.

<snip>

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 6:29:03 PM2/6/11

That is your way of dealing with everything and in most cases, I work
that way.I make an exception in the case of my religion.
Judaism comforts me.

REally?When you were a child, did you question everything your parents
told you?

If a cop stops you on the street, do you question everything he says?
Do you demand an explanation from a judge or a policeman?

What if a good friend of yours gives you information or makes a
suggestion do you demand an explanation?

Richo

Feb 6, 2011, 6:34:34 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 10:46 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.

And if you dont accept it - people should respect that and leave you
the hell alone.
But that isnt going to happen is it?

> All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> irrelevant,They
> indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.

Sometimes, perhaps.
More usually they are a *reaction* to being proselytized.

> The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly

It is if you actually expect an answer - but that not usually the
reason its asked for.
The usual reason its asked for its to highlight that the person
telling you you "should" believe in God has nothing objective to back
that up with.

And it works a treat!

Mark.

thomas p.

Feb 6, 2011, 6:41:47 PM2/6/11
"Joe Bruno" <ajt...@att.net> skrev i meddelelsen

> You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
> All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> irrelevant,They
> indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly

No, it is only silly if one actually expects evidence to be provided. That
is not the point of asking, and, of course, you know that very well. The
above comes close to a clever attempt to hide the fact that the atheist
makes a valid point when he asks for evidence, but it ends up as an
admission that there is no evidence. Thank you for that.

thomas p.

Feb 6, 2011, 6:43:27 PM2/6/11

"Joe Bruno" wrote:

You don't know me and you have absolutely no idea of what I think.
Nobody has ever pressured me to accept Judaism, since proselytizing is
forbidden to Jews and has been since 300 AD.

You're just an ignorant fool who thinks everybody has to think like
you do.

thomas p wrote:

In other words you have no evidence.

panam...@hotmail.com

Feb 6, 2011, 7:03:11 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 4:25 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 10:47 am, "panamfl...@hotmail.com" <panamfl...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 6, 6:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > > You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> > > If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
>
> > Okay, so far, so good.
>
> > > All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> > > irrelevant,They
> > > indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> > > The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> > > Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>
> > Well, if that dumb-assed believer would stop insisting I *join* his
> > religion, the subject would never come up. Once again, there'd be no
> > problem if you morons could just keep that shit to yourselves..
>
> > -Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
> > aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!
>
> None of those believers are Jews.

So what? I can't tell one group of you kooks from another.

> Proselytizing has been forbidden
> us since 300.AD.I have certainly not asked you to join us

Then why are you posting to alt.atheism, idiot?

> and I cannot
> control the Christians or Moslems.

Or even yourself, apparently..

> This is what I mean about generalizing about all religions.

The only reason to distinguish between diseases is the need to
administer proper treatment.

> There are 13 million Jews worldwide who are forbidden to proselytize.

Irrelevant to the behavior you exibit here.

Doc Smartass

Feb 6, 2011, 7:06:40 PM2/6/11
Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
03f23e...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

> Subject: Asking For Proof of Religion or G-d is Foolish

NOT asking for proof is stupid.

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Aimin' to Misbehave aa # 1939

Kooks! http://kookclearinghouse.blogspot.com/

Books! http://jw-bookblog.blogspot.com/

A Christian has to be Adolf Hitler to be called militant.
All an atheist has to do is write a book. -- Tommy Holland

John Locke

Feb 6, 2011, 7:58:18 PM2/6/11
wrote:

>You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
>If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.

>All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
>irrelevant,They
>indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
>The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
>Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly

..you put forth a doctrine that is full of holes..
redundant, contradictory, hypocritical, perverted and based
on the existence of spooks, demons and zombies and then
proselyte it in public and expect us NOT to ask for a bit
of proof to back up your outrageous claims ???? ...you're dreaming.

""All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian,
or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to
terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
-- Thomas Paine

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 8:11:41 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 4:03 pm, "panamfl...@hotmail.com" <panamfl...@hotmail.com>

wrote:
> On Feb 6, 4:25 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 6, 10:47 am, "panamfl...@hotmail.com" <panamfl...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Okay, so far, so good.

> > > Well, if that dumb-assed believer would stop insisting I *join* his
> > > religion, the subject would never come up. Once again, there'd be no
> > > problem if you morons could just keep that shit to yourselves..
>
> > > -Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
> > > aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!
>
> > None of those believers are Jews.
>
> So what? I can't tell one group of you kooks from another.

Irrelevant.

> > Proselytizing has been forbidden
> > us since 300.AD.I have certainly not asked you to join us
>
> Then why are you posting to alt.atheism, idiot?

Because I fucking feel like it and you have no say in the matter.

> > and I cannot
> > control the Christians or Moslems.
>

> > This is what I mean about generalizing about all religions.
>
> The only reason to distinguish between diseases is the need to
> administer proper treatment.

There it is.You hate religion and want to get rid of it.Guess what=

YOU NEVER WILL.

> > There are 13 million Jews worldwide who are forbidden to proselytize.
>
> Irrelevant to the behavior you exibit here.

TRANSLATION:HE'S NOT INTERESTED IN THE TRUTH,

Buddythunder

Feb 6, 2011, 8:17:50 PM2/6/11
On Feb 7, 12:29 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 3:20 pm, Buddythunder <davidarthu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 7, 12:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > > You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> > > If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
>
> > Well then... why would anyone accept it? Just askin'. I really cannot
> > believe things without reason.

> That is your way of dealing with everything and in most cases, I work
> that way.I make an exception in the case of my religion.
> Judaism comforts me.

This speaks only to the utility of religion, not its truth. Would you
respect my position if I held to the tenets of National Socialism
because I found them comforting? I couldn't prostitute my intellectual
integrity this way, give me a cold truth, not a comforting lie. I want
to deal with the universe the way it actually is, not how I'd like it
to be.

> REally?When you were a child, did you question everything your parents
> told you?

Not much, most kids don't. Not until they find out that Santa and the
Tooth Fairy aren't real! Valuable lesson in that. This is an adult
stance, I don't expect kids to have reasoned arguments on much of
anything, I think they should be busy being kids.

> If a cop stops you on the street, do you question everything he says?
> Do you demand an explanation from a judge or a policeman?

I haven't ever been stopped by a cop in the street. If I was and had
reason to question his claims then yes, I would indeed question them.

> What if a good friend of yours gives you information or makes a
> suggestion do you demand an explanation?

If I have good reason to suspect that the information is faulty then
yes. How else do you stop yourself getting suckered in by b*llshit?
It's important that I have a set of tools to separate the wheat claims
from the chaff.

Joe Bruno

Feb 6, 2011, 8:32:20 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 5:17 pm, Buddythunder <davidarthu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 12:29 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:

> > > Well then... why would anyone accept it? Just askin'. I really cannot
> > > believe things without reason.
> > That is your way of dealing with everything and in most cases, I work
> > that way.I make an exception in the case of my religion.
> > Judaism comforts me.
>
> This speaks only to the utility of religion, not its truth.

Who ever said it was true????????????????It's a belief, not a fact.

Would you
> respect my position if I held to the tenets of National Socialism
> because I found them comforting?

Why not?You can accept anything you want,as long as it does not affect
me.

I couldn't prostitute my intellectual
> integrity this way, give me a cold truth, not a comforting lie. I want
> to deal with the universe the way it actually is, not how I'd like it
> to be.

But religion has not been proven a lie.If it had been, millions of
people would have abandoned it.Why do you atheist idiots keep
repeating the same silly mantra of religion is a lie, when you cannot
prove it is one?

And you jackasses say you are smarter than the believers?
You are dumber than all the theists I know.

Buddythunder

Feb 6, 2011, 8:46:05 PM2/6/11
On Feb 7, 2:32 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 5:17 pm, Buddythunder <davidarthu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > That is your way of dealing with everything and in most cases, I work
> > > that way.I make an exception in the case of my religion.
> > > Judaism comforts me.
>
> > This speaks only to the utility of religion, not its truth.
>
> Who ever said it was true????????????????It's a belief, not a fact.

My point is that I am unable to believe things for which there is no
evidence. It's how I stop myself from believing all sorts of silly
things.

>  Would you
>
> > respect my position if I held to the tenets of National Socialism
> > because I found them comforting?
>
> Why not?You can accept anything you want,as long as it does not affect
> me.

That's all very accommodationist, but not really an answer. I asked
if it was an intellectually respectable position. I prefer to know
what's true, even if I wish it were some other way.

> I couldn't prostitute my intellectual
>
> > integrity this way, give me a cold truth, not a comforting lie. I want
> > to deal with the universe the way it actually is, not how I'd like it
> > to be.
>
> But religion has not been proven a lie.If it had been, millions of
> people would have abandoned it.Why do you atheist idiots keep
> repeating the same silly mantra of religion is a lie, when you cannot
> prove it is one?

Many religious claims have indeed been exposed as lies, but I think I
understand your point. Religious claims tend to simply be untestable.
You cannot prove that god doesn't exist (for the same reason you
cannot prove that Superman doesn't exist). All I can say is that I can
see no compelling reason at all to accept any extraordinary religious
claims.

> And you jackasses say you are smarter than the believers?
> You are dumber than all the theists I know.

I'm not sure what brought that bit of vitriol on, perhaps you could
enlighten me?

panam...@hotmail.com

Feb 6, 2011, 9:18:30 PM2/6/11
On Feb 6, 8:11 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 4:03 pm, "panamfl...@hotmail.com" <panamfl...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 6, 4:25 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:

> > > None of those believers are Jews.
>
> > So what? I can't tell one group of you kooks from another.
>
> Irrelevant.

Oh, look at that. I taught a moron a new word!

> > > Proselytizing has been forbidden
> > > us since 300.AD.I have certainly not asked you to join us
>
> > Then why are you posting to alt.atheism, idiot?
>
> Because I fucking feel like it and you have no say in the matter.

So you admit you're just doing it to be a jerk?

> > > and I cannot
> > > control the Christians or Moslems.
>
> > > This is what I mean about generalizing about all religions.
>
> > The only reason to distinguish between diseases is the need to
> > administer proper treatment.
>
> There it is.You hate religion and want to get rid of it.Guess what=
>
> YOU NEVER WILL.

Well, we may never cure HIV, either..but we can certainly try to make
it more benign.

> > > There are 13 million Jews worldwide who are forbidden to proselytize.
>
> > Irrelevant to the behavior you exibit here.
>
> TRANSLATION:HE'S NOT INTERESTED IN THE TRUTH

You have yet to demonstrate it's actually true. Your attempts have
been met with evidence that it is not.

Translation: I'm not interested in your moronic fairy tales.

Mitchell Holman

Feb 6, 2011, 10:23:38 PM2/6/11

> On Feb 6, 5:17 pm, Buddythunder <davidarthu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > That is your way of dealing with everything and in most cases, I
>> > work that way.I make an exception in the case of my religion.
>> > Judaism comforts me.
>>
>> This speaks only to the utility of religion, not its truth.
>
> Who ever said it was true????????????????It's a belief, not a fact.

Just like astrology. Is it true just because
lots of people believe in it?

> But religion has not been proven a lie.

Neither has astrology. Does that make it true?

Olrik

Feb 7, 2011, 1:14:11 AM2/7/11
On 2011-02-06 10:25, Joe Bruno wrote:

> You say you abhor proselytizing, yet here you are trying to convert me
> to atheism.That is hypocrisy.

Stop posting here, non-jewish troll.

Olrik

Feb 7, 2011, 1:15:08 AM2/7/11

You don't have any religion. You're just a defective moron.

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 2:57:31 AM2/7/11
On Feb 6, 10:06 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:

> On Feb 6, 4:56 am, Mickey <hypati...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 6, 6:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > > You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> > > If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
> > > All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> > > irrelevant,They
> > > indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> > > The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> > > Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>
> > No, it's a way the Church came up with (telling believers not to
> > question their faith) tht cripples them mentally.Islam does the
> > same thing. And, Orthodox Judaism isn't far behind.
>
> Well, I'm not any church and no Jew has ever toild me not to question
> any thing,Matter of fact, Jews are encouraged to ask questions. We do
> it all the time.We all know we are taking things on faith.As
> usual,your generalizations about religion are flawed.

Most Jews are told to question everything. I know this
because I was raised as a Jew. But, I realized that I
was an atheist at the age of twelve and nothing since
has convinced me that I was wrong. Quite the contrary,
in fact. You, on the other hand, sound exactly like a
Christian more than a Jew. I wonder if you belong to
the Messaianic Blight.

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 2:59:27 AM2/7/11
On Feb 6, 10:16 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:

> On Feb 6, 5:36 am, Mitchell Holman <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
> > 03f23e000...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:
>
> > > You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> > > If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
> > > All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> > > irrelevant,They
> > > indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> > > The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> > > Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>
> >      True. Religion is such BS that anyone who actually
> > THINKS about know it is a fantasy. Ergo the religious
> > assault on thinking.
>
> > "Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has; it never
> > comes to the aid of spiritual things, but - more frequently
> > than not - struggles against the divine Word, treating with
> > contempt all that emanates from God"
> > Martin Luther, 1533
>
> You say you abhor proselytizing.Yet here you are trying to convert me
> to atheism.I choose to believe the basics of Judaism and it is my
> right to do so, I will continue to believe in it despite your claims
> It's time to mind your own business,I'll do as I please with my life
> and you have no say in the matter..

How do you convert someone to non-belief? You either
believe or you don't. You still don't understand what
atheism is, though it's been explained to you many times.

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 3:00:05 AM2/7/11

Well, if you want to be taken seriously, evidence is only thing that
will work.

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 3:00:41 AM2/7/11

Aw, Joe can dish it out but can't take it.
Typical.

PDW

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 3:06:42 AM2/7/11
On Feb 6, 12:35 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 9:12 am, Les Hellawell <l...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 09:55:44 -0600, Mitchell Holman
>
> > <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > >Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote in news:4d42b842-fd4e-41b1-9eee-
> > >1db09f37d...@q2g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

> > >1)  YOU are the one who started a topic about
> > >how religion requires faith alone. The quote
> > >from Martin Luther was AGREEING WITH YOU.
>
> > >2)  And as for "proselytizing" - what are you
> > >doing in an atheist newsgroup if you don't want
> > >to hear about atheism or deal with atheists?
>
> > I wonder if he also wanders into Christian churches
> > and stands up an moans about proselytizing when the
> > preacher start talking about Christianity?
>
> > I also wonder what the reaction would be if I
> > went into a Jewish temple and similarly moaned
> > about proselytizing when their priest starts talking
> > about his religion
>
> > Actually I would not for one second consider walking
> > into a place of religion to tell  them why
> > I am atheist or to moan about them proselytizing
> > in a place where I would expect them to talk
> > about and practise their religion
>
> > The signs are on the doors, if you do not like
> > the messages expresed within do not enter.
> > We did not ask him to come here and he is
> > free to leave beliefs intact whenever he wishes.
>
> > I care not for his beliefs or whether he changes
> > them or not  but he does not get to come here and
> > expect us to keep quiet lest we be accused of
> > proselytizing or expect to lecture us in silence.
>
> I never ever expected you to keep silent.
> I expected exactly what happened-the atheists try to make me one of
> their own by badmouthing religion with their usual ignorant claims
> about it.
>
> The fact is you atheists are constantly proselytizing on the one hand
> and condemning the practice on the other.You are apparently
> so stupid you can't recognize the contradiction.

If you don't want to see atheists discussing atheism in an
atheist newsgroup, go somewhere else. You are sounding
like a troll again, Joe/Art, making foolish statements meant
to deliberately upset people.

> > His moaning is another example of the
> > hypocracy we have come to expect
>
> Show proof of this "moaning".
> You need remedial English.

Do you ever read the nonsense you post here?

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 3:11:39 AM2/7/11
On Feb 6, 4:25 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 10:47 am, "panamfl...@hotmail.com" <panamfl...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 6, 6:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > > You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> > > If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
>
> > Okay, so far, so good.
>
> > > All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> > > irrelevant,They
> > > indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> > > The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> > > Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>
> > Well, if that dumb-assed believer would stop insisting I *join* his
> > religion, the subject would never come up. Once again, there'd be no
> > problem if you morons could just keep that shit to yourselves..
>
> > -Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
> > aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!
>
> None of those believers are Jews.Proselytizing has been forbidden
> us since 300.AD.I have certainly not asked you to join us and I cannot

> control the Christians or Moslems.
>
> This is what I mean about generalizing about all religions.
> There are 13 million Jews worldwide who are forbidden to proselytize.

I guess you don't know what proselytising is, since you do it here
all the time. Why is is that so many theists are so abysmally
ignorant about their own religions? You are a prime example of this.

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 3:13:39 AM2/7/11
On Feb 6, 4:27 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:

> On Feb 6, 12:42 pm, "Syd M." <pauldavidwri...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Feb 6, 6:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > > You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> > > If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
> > > All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> > > irrelevant,They
> > > indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> > > The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> > > Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>
> > Well, too bad, because we will, Joe Dumbo. If you want us to join your
> > ignorant faith, you need to cough up evidence.
> > 'Nuff said.
>
> > PDW
>
> Already told you I do not want you to join and the evidence thing is
> silly.

No, it is not silly. And, when you say it is, you are merely
showing that you are unable to provide the needed evidence.
As long as you say that, anything you have to say about your
religion is totally meaningless.

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 3:24:03 AM2/7/11
believe, as long as those beliefs do not harm
anyone mentally or physically. And, I call forcing
a religion on a child who is not old enough to
make their own decision cruelty to children. They
are being brainwashed before they are old enough
to know how to think on their own. If you disagree
with this, then screw you.

Feel free to killfile me, since you really are a
self-righteous little turd and getting very boring.

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 3:31:23 AM2/7/11
On Feb 6, 6:29 pm, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 3:20 pm, Buddythunder <davidarthu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 7, 12:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
>
> > > You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> > > If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
>
> > Well then... why would anyone accept it? Just askin'. I really cannot
> > believe things without reason.
>
> That is your way of dealing with everything and in most cases, I work
> that way.I make an exception in the case of my religion.
> Judaism comforts me.
>
> REally?When you were a child, did you question everything your parents
> told you?

Once I realized that parents didn't know everything, yes.

> If a cop stops you on the street, do you question everything he says?
> Do you demand an explanation from a judge or a policeman?

I would ask why he or she was questioning me.

> What if a good friend of yours gives you information or makes a
> suggestion do you demand an explanation?

Why not? It would depend on the friend and how sensible
the suggestion or information sounds.

Your examples are really poor ones. Don't you question
anything?

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 3:33:28 AM2/7/11
> TRANSLATION:HE'S NOT INTERESTED IN THE TRUTH.

Of course he is. You're just unable to deliver it.

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 3:39:14 AM2/7/11

When we can trace the origins of your religion back to
earlier religions and that it was changed merely to suit
the culture at that time, yes, we know it's a lie. A big lie.
When the Psalms can be traced back to ancient
Egyptian hymns, poetry and erotic poems that were
changed to fit the culture at that time, yes, we know
it is a lie. A huge lie.

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 3:41:14 AM2/7/11
> Do you ever read the nonsense you post here?- Hide quoted text -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO3w9KbhVqo

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 3:41:46 AM2/7/11
> enlighten me.

Joe/Art always gets angry when he realizes that
we aren't swallowing his nonsense. He has a
bit of an ego problem.

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 3:44:27 AM2/7/11
> atheism is, though it's been explained to you many times.- Hide quoted text -

I understand exactly what it is.You hate religion and you want
everybody to hate it like you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO3w9KbhVqo

I'm an educated man. Don't try and redefine the
English language for me.I'll simply laugh in your face.

Mickey

Feb 7, 2011, 3:47:41 AM2/7/11

I study that old time religion. It's nonsense, but I
study it to understand why it makes believers
behave the way many of them do.

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 3:48:00 AM2/7/11
It would matter if I gave a damn what you think-

I don't.
Matter of fact, if I were a rabbi and you asked me to convert you to
Judaism, I would refuse.
Rabbis have the heavy responsibility of making sure converts give us a
good name and I know from your stupid posts that you would be an
embarrassment to Judaism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO3w9KbhVqo

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 3:48:36 AM2/7/11

EVIDENCE????????????????????

Les Hellawell

Feb 7, 2011, 5:16:53 AM2/7/11

Especially when he effectively told us himself religion
is ignorant faith right from the start.

If he regards it as silly to ask for evidence then he
is saying he has no evidence to offer to show that
his claim there is a god is true.

So where did this god notion come from in the
first place if it is not based on observation (evidence)?

So, he effectively admits it is an argument from ignorance
dressing it up as faith which you either reject or accept.
No matter how much he tries to dress it up it is
still an argument from ignorance, a logical fallacy which
is no basis for acceptance.

Les Hellawell
Greetings from:
Yorkshire -The White Rose County

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 5:25:19 AM2/7/11
> the Messaianic Blight.- Hide quoted text -

Baruch atoh adonai eloheinu Melech haolum.
I am a conservative Jew and have been for 60 years.

How on Earth did you reach that idiotic conclusion?

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 5:27:03 AM2/7/11
> self-righteous little turd and getting very boring.- Hide quoted text -

Don't read my posts, asshole.Rest assured I will NEVER do anything you
want.

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 5:28:11 AM2/7/11
> behave the way many of them do.- Hide quoted text -

I actually don't give a shit why you study it.

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 5:29:43 AM2/7/11
On Feb 7, 2:16 am, Les Hellawell <l...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 00:00:41 -0800 (PST), "Syd M."
>

> Yorkshire -The White Rose County- Hide quoted text -

Keep telling yourself that.If you say it long enough and loud enough,
you might start believing it.ROTFL.

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:04:10 AM2/7/11

And Joe Dumbo lies yet again.

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:05:48 AM2/7/11
On Feb 7, 3:48 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 12:00 am, "Syd M." <pauldavidwri...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Already told you I do not want you to join and the evidence thing is
> > > silly.
>
> > Well, if you want to be taken seriously, evidence is only thing that
> > will work.
>
> It would matter if I gave a damn what you think-

Yes, Joe, we know.
Your just here to cause trouble. You don't give a shit about
conversations, you want noise, and by Azototh, your going to have it.
BTW, I thought you plonked me. Another one of your lies?

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:06:46 AM2/7/11

Yes, Joe Dumbo, let's see some. Your posting history here seems to
support Mickie's point.

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:07:38 AM2/7/11
On Feb 7, 5:16 am, Les Hellawell <l...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 00:00:41 -0800 (PST), "Syd M."

You said it far better then I could.
Thanks.

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:08:28 AM2/7/11

How about if you get the fuck off AltATHEISM, asshole?
You are clearly not wanted here.

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:09:03 AM2/7/11

So, fuck off them, gate-crashing trouble maker.

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:10:29 AM2/7/11

We just want you to understand it, asshole.
It's a perfect summation of your posting history; Arrogance, insults,
ignorance, and more arrogance.

PDW

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 11:15:28 AM2/7/11
> PDW- Hide quoted text -

My neighbor's dog could say it better than you could.

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 11:25:36 AM2/7/11
> .
I already told you I don't give a damn what you want.

You've made that suggestion several times and I refused every time.I
guess someone with an IQ of 37 has a poor memory.

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 11:32:53 AM2/7/11

<Yawn> More insults from the number one troublemaker on AA.

PDW

Les Hellawell

Feb 7, 2011, 11:32:32 AM2/7/11
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 02:29:43 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net>
wrote:

No answer to this question I note.

>> So, he effectively admits it is an argument from ignorance
>> dressing it up as faith which you either reject or accept.
>> No matter how much he tries to dress it up it is
>> still an argument from ignorance, a logical fallacy which
>> is no basis for acceptance.

>Keep telling yourself that.If you say it long enough and loud enough,

>you might start believing it.ROTFL.

Sorry but ignorant mockery will not help you out of this hole
you have dug for yoursellf.

If you knew that you belief was not based on ignorance you
would be back soon enough to show I was wrong. If your
feeble mockery is the best you can offer, I have no need
to convince myself as you have further confirmed I am right.

We have been asking the relgious for years to provide
sufficient evidence to justify belief. You failure adds
further weight to our claim their beliefs are arguments
from ignorance.

Thank you for helping convince people to become
atheist. We just love it when the religious proselytize
for us :-)

Christopher A. Lee

Feb 7, 2011, 12:21:04 PM2/7/11

It's a standard lie from theists who can't understand the place of
their religion and its god in the real world where is merely one of
hundreds of competing beliefs.

Remember the Iranian Ayatollahs executing people who believed
differently for "waging war on God on Earth"?

It's the same mentality as when stupid Christians who can't think
outside the box accuse us of hating it.

In their minds it is real and everybody knows this so they can't have
honest reasons for objecting so the rationalise all sorts of lies
about them. And worse they imagine these lies are true even though
they obviously aren't.

>PDW

Les Hellawell

Feb 7, 2011, 1:17:29 PM2/7/11
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 02:28:11 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net>
wrote:

This is a newsgroup debate not a private conversation
with him. It is also our newsgroup not his and
it is noe of his business what we choose to talk about

Does he think we post here just for
his benefit as if somehow we care what he
thinks? So he does not give an <expletive
not repeated> about your views. So what?
Since when did we need his approval?
Chris is right they are so narcisstic
they think the world revolves around them.

I found your views interesting, it helped
enrich a debate about his feeble attempts to
dismiss our demand that the theist put
up evidence to justify their beliefs or
shut up. They know we are right to ask and
it frustrates and annoys them no end that
they have no answer. This was no answer either.
t was an admission they have no evidence and is just
an argument from ignorance or faith which you either
accept or do not (perhaps on the toss of a coin
or accident of birth)

Fine, if he chooses to accept a religion on that basis
wthout anything to justify it that is his lookout and
none of our business. He choose to make it our
business by bringing here. If does not like
our comments maybe he will think twice before
exposing them here.

Don Martin

Feb 7, 2011, 2:44:16 PM2/7/11

Can you think of any group who _would_ want him in it?

John Baker

Feb 7, 2011, 3:28:06 PM2/7/11
wrote:

>You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.

>If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
>All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
>irrelevant,They
>indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
>The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
>Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly

If believers would keep their beliefs to themselves and stop trying to
force them onto everyone else, perhaps we'd stop asking them for
proof. Ever think of that, Joe/Art?

John Baker

Feb 7, 2011, 3:29:57 PM2/7/11
wrote:

>On Feb 6, 5:53 am, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 07:36:37 -0600, Mitchell Holman
>>

>> <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> >Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote in news:c1053a98-e5b4-4585-8e1c-
>> >03f23e000...@t19g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

>> >     True. Religion is such BS that anyone who actually
>> >THINKS about know it is a fantasy. Ergo the religious
>> >assault on thinking.
>>

>> Bruno was lying through his teeth because it's all about "put up or
>> shut up"
>
>You don't know me and you have absolutely no idea of what I think.

Why would I want to?

Buddythunder

Feb 7, 2011, 3:42:51 PM2/7/11
On Feb 7, 9:41 pm, Mickey <hypati...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 8:46 pm, Buddythunder <davidarthu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Who ever said it was true????????????????It's a belief, not a fact.
>
> > My point is that I am unable to believe things for which there is no
> > evidence. It's how I stop myself from believing all sorts of silly
> > things.
>
> > >  Would you

> > > Why not?You can accept anything you want,as long as it does not affect
> > > me.
>
> > That's all very accommodationist, but  not really an answer. I asked
> > if it was an intellectually respectable position. I prefer to know
> > what's true, even if I wish it were some other way.
>
> > > I couldn't prostitute my intellectual

> > > But religion has not been proven a lie.If it had been, millions of
> > > people would have abandoned it.Why do you atheist idiots keep
> > > repeating the same silly mantra of religion is a lie, when you cannot
> > > prove it is one?
>
> > Many religious claims have indeed been exposed as lies, but I think I
> > understand your point. Religious claims tend to simply be untestable.
> > You cannot prove that god doesn't exist (for the same reason you
> > cannot prove that Superman doesn't exist). All I can say is that I can
> > see no compelling reason at all to accept any extraordinary religious
> > claims.
>
> > > And you jackasses say you are smarter than the believers?
> > > You are dumber than all the theists I know.
>
> > I'm not sure what brought that bit of vitriol on, perhaps you could
> > enlighten me.
>
> Joe/Art always gets angry when he realizes that
> we aren't swallowing his nonsense. He has a
> bit of an ego problem.

It's a shame, I was hoping for a reply. If he has the answers...

Christopher A. Lee

Feb 7, 2011, 3:46:18 PM2/7/11
On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 15:28:06 -0500, John Baker <nu...@bizniz.net>
wrote:

Joe? Think?

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 4:23:03 PM2/7/11

I recognize a trouble maker when I see one, asshole, and I'm currently
replieng to one.
We know your here to cause trouble; You admitted it above.

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 4:25:12 PM2/7/11

Well, you've got a point there...

PDW

Syd M.

Feb 7, 2011, 4:26:20 PM2/7/11
On Feb 7, 3:46 pm, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2011 15:28:06 -0500, John Baker <nu...@bizniz.net>
> wrote:
>

> >On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 03:46:42 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net>

> >wrote:
>
> >>You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> >>If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
> >>All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> >>irrelevant,They
> >>indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> >>The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> >>Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly
>
> >If believers would keep their beliefs to themselves and stop trying to
> >force them onto everyone else, perhaps we'd stop asking them for
> >proof. Ever think of that, Joe/Art?
>
> Joe? Think?

Two words that do not go together.
Except with a 'not' in between.

PDW

Apostate

Feb 7, 2011, 5:26:23 PM2/7/11

Sure.

alt.assholes
soc.lawschool-flunkouts
rec.tum-heads
alt.anger-management.crybabies
soc.iopaths
aus.Glas.der-Kiefer
can.talk.horseshit
chillnet.chillout.washouts
chip.shoulder.arty
comp.lete.assholes
crazy-net.misc.fuseblown
dartmouth.lagmind

. . . just off the top of the list.

--
Apostate alt.atheist #1931 I've found it!
BAAWA Knife AND SMASHer freelance Minion #'e'

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt." -- Bertrand Russell

"Mr. Worf, set phasers on "Fuck You" and fire at will."
-- Doc Smartass

"Nature has a dark sense of humor, but life is certainly
one of the things it laughs at."
-- Rinaldo of Capadoccia

e-mail to %mynick%periodaaperiod%myAA#%@gee!mail!dottedcommie

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 5:27:05 PM2/7/11
On Feb 7, 12:28 pm, John Baker <nu...@bizniz.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 03:46:42 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net>

Some religions encourage proselytizing and some don't.
Judaism forbids us to do it and has since 300AD.
The truth is in the details.

PD

Feb 7, 2011, 5:54:41 PM2/7/11
On Feb 6, 5:46 am, Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net> wrote:
> You have been told this before.Christianity is a religion, a FAITH.
> If you accept it, you do so without requiring proof.
> All these demands that it be proved are just silly and
> irrelevant,They
> indicate ignorance of what religion is all about.
>
> The same is true for Judaism and Islam.
>
> Asking a believer for proof G-d exists is silly

I would qualify that some.
Faith, by definition, is the belief in something without extant and in-
hand objective evidence or formal proof.
However, there are lots of nonreligious things that follow this very
same description.

- Believing that events occurred or in the manner described on the
basis of testimony of a trusted individual.
- Believing in mathematical or formal axioms, and by extension, all
those things that can be derived formally from them -- hence
mathematics.
- Metaphysical conclusions, including the fairly detailed work of some
noted philosophers.
- Historical accounts, where the corroborating evidence are reducibly
accounts of eyewitnesses or contemporary record-keepers.
- Subjective conclusions, such as personal morality or political
views, that stem from judgment following numerous and varied
interactions with others.
- Scientific hypotheses that are not driven by experimental indicators
(and yes there are lots of examples of this).

Given that this description covers a lot of secular thoughts, most of
which I would venture are taken to be both reasonable and rational by
most people, there are usually added qualifiers that mark how theism
is to be separated from these.

Joe Bruno

Feb 7, 2011, 6:06:39 PM2/7/11
On Feb 7, 10:17 am, Les Hellawell <l...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 02:28:11 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajta...@att.net>
> Yorkshire -The White Rose County- Hide quoted text -

Let's get a few legalities out of the way.
This may be the newsgroup that you frequent, but it's not your
property.
That means that legally, you have no more control over who posts here
and what they post than I do, and I have none.

There are no squatters rights on USENET.You don't acquire title or
control
just by being here.

No matter how offensive you find my posts, there is NOTHING you can do
to stop me from posting here and NOTHING you can do to influence the
content of my posts.

You can badmouth me and tell me to leave, but I'll simply do my thing
and killfile you if you get too nasty as I've already done to several
posters here.

It should also be obvious to everyone here that I don't give a damn
about being popular.I don't care if you like me, hate me, or are
completely neutral to me.

Frankly, I am astounded that it is necessary to tell a grown man these
simple fundamental facts.

YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY HERE.

Buddythunder

Feb 7, 2011, 7:18:06 PM2/7/11

All this is well within your rights, and I have no problem with you. I
often enjoy your posts - very rarely agree with them, but still enjoy
the exercise.

You say you're not here to proselytise, you're clearly not here to be
liked, no-one's buying what you're selling, so... why post here? I'm
not trying to get you to stop, I'd just like to know what you're here
to achieve. Is it just the ol' desire to troll as others have
suggested?

Don Martin

Feb 7, 2011, 7:30:12 PM2/7/11
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 02:27:03 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net> wrote:

>Don't read my posts, asshole.Rest assured I will NEVER do anything you
>want.

Oh, but you DO. You keep providing waddling fat juicy targets for insult.

Keep up the good work!

-

Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
The Squeeky Wheel: http://home.comcast.net/~drdonmartin/

Don Martin

Feb 7, 2011, 7:30:12 PM2/7/11
On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:15:28 -0800 (PST), Joe Bruno <ajt...@att.net> wrote:

>My neighbor's dog could say it better than you could.

And you two sons and heirs of mongrel bitches obviously see eye to eye (and nose
to arse, come to that).

It is loading more messages.