The Atheist Creed

Sound of Trumpet

Aug 21, 2010, 9:14:49 PM8/21/10
http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Atheist Creed

We originated as follows:

Nothing became chemicals.
Chemicals became microbes.
Microbes became worms.
Worms became fish.
Fish became lizards.
Lizards became mice.
Mice became monkeys.
Monkeys became people.

The first two steps occurred through still unknown processes.

The last six steps occurred through a process of Darwinian evolution
and punctuated equilibrium. Basically, what happened is that life on
earth was repeatedly devastated by natural disasters. Then, over the
following several million years, new, more complex life forms would
appear through a process of random genetic mutation and natural
selection.

Judaism originated as follows:

About 2,500 years ago, a charismatic scammer named Ezra the Scribe
ruled the Jewish community in Jerusalem. Using some earlier legends
and myths as sources, he composed the Pentateuch and presented it to
the Jewish people as being the authentic record of their origins. (In
reality the Pentateuch is entirely fictional.) The Jews, not only in
Jerusalem but throughout the Middle East, as well as the Samaritans
who were enemies of the Jews, for some reason unanimously accepted it
as being authentic and completely discarded any earlier historical
records they may have had.

Free will is an illusion. In reality, we are merely soulless bags of
chemicals and our actions are entirely predetermined and controlled by
the laws of nature.

Atheists tend to be very coy and vague when it comes to defining their
beliefs; they almost always talk about the negative - what they do not
believe in. However the above is the clearest picture I have been able
to glean from years of research, reading and dialog with atheists.

I find these beliefs to be clearly false for reasons I have explained
here and here.

Many people nevertheless embrace atheism, either because it allows
them to lead a life of selfishness and hedonism without guilt or
because, if they are scientists, it makes them society's most
important intellectuals while making the clergy completely irrelevant.

DanielSan

Aug 21, 2010, 9:30:57 PM8/21/10
On 8/21/2010 6:14 PM, Sound of Trumpet wrote:
> http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html
>

> Sunday, August 15, 2010
>
> The Atheist Creed
>

> We originated--

Ooops. You're wrong. The only thing in the atheism creed is lack of
belief in deities.

Everything else is extra.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
------------------------------

ilbe...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2010, 10:39:01 PM8/21/10

AND a belief in Naturalism (just as the OP so eloquently pointed
out) . If you dont believe in a Diety then by default you have to
substitute it with something...and that something is the opposite of
Supernaturalism inferring a Person ; that would be Naturalism
inferring absolutely no intelligent input at all in the process. So a
big explosion of material 'naturally' gave us all the incredible
complexity, specified information in the DNA Molecule, over 150 life
enabling Physics Constants ALL working together in unison for no
apparent purpose. That is essential atheism...and the biggest con
game EVER that one is willing to fool himself with because his pride
is just too big to acknowledge and humble himself before the very
obvious personal Creator of the Universe. And one day, you shall.
And willingly too. Only to hear him say 'Depart from me, for, i
never knew you (and you never wanted to know me)' .. Only YOU can
change that course youre currently on.

DanielSan

Aug 21, 2010, 10:40:00 PM8/21/10
On 8/21/2010 7:39 PM, IlBe...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 21, 8:30 pm, DanielSan<daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
>> On 8/21/2010 6:14 PM, Sound of Trumpet wrote:
>>
>>> http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html
>>
>>> Sunday, August 15, 2010
>>
>>> The Atheist Creed
>>
>>> We originated--
>>
>> Ooops. You're wrong. The only thing in the atheism creed is lack of
>> belief in deities.
>>
>> Everything else is extra.
>
> AND a belief in Naturalism

False. That's something different.

ilbe...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2010, 10:53:54 PM8/21/10
On Aug 21, 9:40 pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne- Hide quoted text -

Call it Secular Humanism if you want which every atheist ive ever
talked with has admitted to believing in . How come folks like
yourself who are proclaimed atheists are so reluctant to talk about
what you DO believe in for a worldview ? Is it because it is such an
easy target due to the irrationality of it all ? Atheists seem so
adept at mocking Theism and The CHristian Faith and boldly declaring
it 'silly, without physical evidence, based on faith alone, etc...'
yet many like yourself are willing to just shrink back and say ' We
just dont believe in a Diety' . Its a pretty disengenuous position
to take .

DanielSan

Aug 21, 2010, 10:57:08 PM8/21/10
On 8/21/2010 7:53 PM, IlBe...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 21, 9:40 pm, DanielSan<daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:

>>> AND a belief in Naturalism
>>
>> False. That's something different.
>>

> Call it Secular Humanism if you want which every atheist ive ever
> talked with has admitted to believing in .

Which is SEPARATE from atheism.

> How come folks like
> yourself who are proclaimed atheists are so reluctant to talk about
> what you DO believe in for a worldview ?

We're not. You just can't call something that it's not. Atheism is
simply and always will be the lack of belief in deities.

Secular humanism, rationalism, empiricism, materialism, and other -isms
are separate from atheism.

> Is it because it is such an
> easy target due to the irrationality of it all ?

No.

> Atheists seem so
> adept at mocking Theism and The CHristian Faith and boldly declaring
> it 'silly, without physical evidence, based on faith alone, etc...'
> yet many like yourself are willing to just shrink back and say ' We
> just dont believe in a Diety' . Its a pretty disengenuous position
> to take .

If you want to talk to us about our worldview, ask us about THAT, not
our atheism.

ilbe...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2010, 10:58:51 PM8/21/10
On Aug 21, 8:30 pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:

Quote : "The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism,

agnosticism,
disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever written; it has
emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema,
motor
bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne

REPLY: " What the world now needs is Christian love and compassion' --
atheist Bertrand Russell from his book AntiChrist
"Within 3 decades, The Bible will be extinct" --- atheist
Voltaire. (Today, his very house in France is used as one of the
largest Bible distribution centers to the world) .

marks...@yahoo.com

Aug 21, 2010, 10:59:19 PM8/21/10

The first bit should be that quarks popped into here maybe from
somewhere else maybe not , as quarks are known to do , but these
quarks hung around and joined to form , after some time and effort ,
atoms. Some time later after being in a star these atoms formed bigger
atoms and even bigger atoms . Then they formed a planet,probably some
time after the star exploded, and eventually life arrived, from
somewhere we arent certain about.

Science is not afraid to say huh, what and we dont know for sure.

DanielSan

Aug 21, 2010, 11:01:36 PM8/21/10

If you want to play dueling quotes, that's your prerogative. I won't
join you, though.

ilbe...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2010, 11:22:57 PM8/21/10
On Aug 21, 10:01 pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne- Hide quoted text -

Well then, give answer to this (unless you cant join me on that
too) :

Call it Secular Humanism if you want which every atheist ive ever

talked with has admitted to believing in . How come folks like

yourself who are proclaimed atheists are so reluctant to talk about

what you DO believe in for a worldview ? Is it because it is such
an
easy target due to the irrationality of it all ? Atheists seem so

DanielSan

Aug 21, 2010, 11:28:20 PM8/21/10

Why don't you start a thread called the "secular humanist creed". That
might be more valid.

But if you want to talk about secular humanism, what would you like to know?

W.T.S.

Aug 22, 2010, 12:27:45 AM8/22/10

Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Atheist Creed

<snip> Long spew of lying bull shit, disinformation, and other nonsense.
</snip>

Go dream up new lies. This set of disinformation just shows you don't know
you head from a hole in the ground. Try to put some believability in it
next time.
Bible, lie. Atheism, truth.
-----------------------------
http://folding.stanford.edu
Save lives, visit today!

W.T.S.

Aug 22, 2010, 12:31:59 AM8/22/10
"IlBe...@gmail.com" wrote in message

On Aug 21, 8:30�pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> On 8/21/2010 6:14 PM, Sound of Trumpet wrote:
>
> >http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html
>
> > Sunday, August 15, 2010
>
> > The Atheist Creed
>
> > We originated--
>
> Ooops. �You're wrong. �The only thing in the atheism creed is lack of
> belief in deities.
>
> Everything else is extra.
>

> DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
> ------------------------------
> "The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism, agnosticism,
> disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever written; it has
> emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema, motor
> bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne

<snip> More lies and disinformation trying to prove the existence of "God".
Same failure, "God" still doesn't exist. </snip>

Virgil

Aug 22, 2010, 12:42:33 AM8/22/10
In article
"IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 21, 8:30 pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> > On 8/21/2010 6:14 PM, Sound of Trumpet wrote:
> >
> > >http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html
> >
> > > Sunday, August 15, 2010
> >
> > > The Atheist Creed
> >
> > > We originated--
> >
> > Ooops.  You're wrong.  The only thing in the atheism creed is lack of
> > belief in deities.
> >
> > Everything else is extra.
> >
> > --
> > DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
> > ------------------------------
> > "The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism, agnosticism,
> > disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever written; it has
> > emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema, motor
> > bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne
>
> AND a belief in Naturalism (just as the OP so eloquently pointed
> out) . If you dont believe in a Diety then by default you have to
> substitute it with something...

Not everyone is as addicted to belief as ILLbebauck.

Some of us get along quite nicely without the sort of beliefs that
ILLbebauck is so dependent on and addicted to.

Virgil

Aug 22, 2010, 1:09:57 AM8/22/10
In article
<ce4a3b40-ee69-4a2d...@f6g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
"IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Call it Secular Humanism if you want which every atheist ive ever
> talked with has admitted to believing in .

I don't "believe" in it, though I respect it.
http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php?page=what&section=main
<quote>
What Is Secular Humanism?
Secular Humanism is a term which has come into use in the last thirty
years to describe a world view with the following elements and
principles:
A conviction that dogmas, ideologies and traditions, whether
religious, political or social, must be weighed and tested by each
individual and not simply accepted on faith.
Commitment to the use of critical reason, factual evidence, and
scientific methods of inquiry, rather than faith and mysticism, in
seeking solutions to human problems and answers to important human
questions.
A primary concern with fulfillment, growth, and creativity for
both the individual and humankind in general.
A constant search for objective truth, with the understanding that
new knowledge and experience constantly alter our imperfect perception
of it.
A concern for this life and a commitment to making it meaningful
through better understanding of ourselves, our history, our intellectual
and artistic achievements, and the outlooks of those who differ from us.
A search for viable individual, social and political principles of
ethical conduct, judging them on their ability to enhance human
well-being and individual responsibility.
A conviction that with reason, an open marketplace of ideas, good
will, and tolerance, progress can be made in building a better world for
ourselves and our children
<unquote>

Virgil

Aug 22, 2010, 1:15:46 AM8/22/10
In article
<0ecc8d38-7d75-40c8...@m1g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,
"IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> REPLY: " What the world now needs is Christian love and compassion' --
> atheist Bertrand Russell from his book AntiChrist

Note what Russell really says:
<quote>
When, in a recent book, I said that what the world needs is "love,
Christian love, or compassion," many people thought this showed some
changes in my views, although in fact, I might have said the same thing
at any time. If you mean by a "Christian" a man who loves his neighbor,
who has wide sympathy with suffering, and who ardently desires a world
freed from the cruelties and abominations which at
present disfigure it, then, certainly, you will be justified in calling
me a Christian. And, in this sense, I think you will find more
"Christians" among agnostics than among the orthodox. But, for my part,
I cannot accept such a definition. Apart from other objections to it, it
seems rude to Jews, Buddhists, Mohammedans, and other non-Christians,
who, so far as history shows, have been at least as apt as Christians to
practice the virtues which some modern Christians arrogantly claim as
distinctive of their own religion.
<unquote>
http://nowscape.com/atheism/Russell_What_is_an_Agnostic.htm

Uncle Vic

Aug 22, 2010, 1:20:47 AM8/22/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, Sound of Trumpet <soundof...@post.com>
wrote:

> The Atheist Creed

<snip>

YOu know nothing about atheists. This post proves it. I suggest you get
yourself an education before you make a complete fool of yourself on a
public newsgroup.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

"There’s no greater argument for the existence of God than the truth of His
existence." --AllSeeing-I 8/1/10

Virgil

Aug 22, 2010, 1:21:59 AM8/22/10
In article
<735aeb36-3e11-414c...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
"IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Atheists seem so
> adept at mocking Theism and The CHristian Faith and boldly
> declaring
> it 'silly, without physical evidence, based on faith alone, etc...'
> yet many like yourself are willing to just shrink back and say ' We
> just dont believe in a Diety' . Its a pretty disengenuous position
> to take .

There are lots of people who choose not to believe in unsupported or
poorly supported claims.

No one gets huffy if someone says that s/he does not believe in the many
claims of existence of the Yeti or Bigfoot, and the physical evidence
for their existence is at least as good as for any god.

So why do those like IllBBk get so uptight when someone says that they
do not believe in his particular claims?

Uncle Vic

Aug 22, 2010, 1:25:28 AM8/22/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, "IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> AND

<snip>

No.

You have proven you know NOTHING about atheism. You need to get an
education before you make a complete fool of youself on a public forum.

Unfortunately, you've already made a complete fool of youself on a public
forum. It might take you years to clear youself. In the meantime, we
laugh at you. You're aware of this, right?

Uncle Vic

Aug 22, 2010, 1:26:14 AM8/22/10
wrote:

> Call it

Fuck off, moron.

Uncle Vic

Aug 22, 2010, 1:27:25 AM8/22/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, "IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com>

Syd M.

Aug 22, 2010, 4:05:58 AM8/22/10
On Aug 21, 9:14 pm, Sound of Trumpet <soundoftrum...@post.com> wrote:
> http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html
>
> Sunday, August 15, 2010
>
> The Atheist Creed

Doesn't exist, Sound Of Failure.
Now go away and stop hassling us.

PDW

Syd M.

Aug 22, 2010, 4:06:59 AM8/22/10
On Aug 21, 10:39 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Aug 21, 8:30 pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
>

> > On 8/21/2010 6:14 PM, Sound of Trumpet wrote:
>
> > >http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html
>
> > > Sunday, August 15, 2010
>
> > > The Atheist Creed
>
> > > We originated--
>
> > Ooops.  You're wrong.  The only thing in the atheism creed is lack of
> > belief in deities.
>
> > Everything else is extra.
>
> > --
> > DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
> > ------------------------------
> > "The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism, agnosticism,
> > disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever written; it has
> > emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema, motor
> > bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne
>
> AND  a belief in Naturalism  (just as the OP so eloquently pointed
> out)  .  If you dont believe in a Diety then by default you have to
> substitute it with something..

Nope.
You are still wrong, Davie.
Big surprise.

PDW

Free Lunch

Aug 22, 2010, 10:05:21 AM8/22/10
On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 20:22:57 -0700 (PDT), "IlBe...@gmail.com"
<ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

What's disingenuous about not believing in a deity?

It strikes me that the nontheistic versions of philosophies like
Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, et al. are much more widespread than
Secular Humanism.

DanielSan

Aug 22, 2010, 10:09:21 AM8/22/10
On 8/22/2010 7:05 AM, Free Lunch wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 20:22:57 -0700 (PDT), "IlBe...@gmail.com"
> <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

>>> If you want to play dueling quotes, that's your prerogative. I won't
>>> join you, though.

>> Well then, give answer to this (unless you cant join me on that
>> too) :
>>
>> Call it Secular Humanism if you want which every atheist ive ever
>> talked with has admitted to believing in . How come folks like
>> yourself who are proclaimed atheists are so reluctant to talk about
>> what you DO believe in for a worldview ? Is it because it is such an
>> easy target due to the irrationality of it all ? Atheists seem so
>> adept at mocking Theism and The CHristian Faith and boldly declaring
>> it 'silly, without physical evidence, based on faith alone, etc...'
>> yet many like yourself are willing to just shrink back and say ' We
>> just dont believe in a Diety' . Its a pretty disengenuous position
>> to take .
>
> What's disingenuous about not believing in a deity?
>
> It strikes me that the nontheistic versions of philosophies like
> Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, et al. are much more widespread than
> Secular Humanism.

Not only that, but I'm willing to bet that there are THOUSANDS of
deities that IBB doesn't believe in. Does that make IBB disingenuous? ;-)

Free Lunch

Aug 22, 2010, 10:39:06 AM8/22/10
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 00:20:47 -0500, Uncle Vic <add...@withheld.com>
wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

>One fine day in alt.atheism, Sound of Trumpet <soundof...@post.com>
>wrote:
>
>> The Atheist Creed
>
><snip>
>
>YOu know nothing about atheists. This post proves it. I suggest you get
>yourself an education before you make a complete fool of yourself on a
>public newsgroup.

He just copied and pasted. It was Jacob Stein who wrote the nonsense.

Ken

Aug 22, 2010, 10:56:49 AM8/22/10
On Aug 21, 7:39 pm, "Dicksucker dave" <ilbeba...@gmail.com> wrote:
Only YOU can
> change that course youre currently on.

Only YOU can seek help for your schizophrenic religuous delusions,
unless you're institutionalize for your own safety

Ken

Aug 22, 2010, 11:01:08 AM8/22/10
On Aug 21, 7:53 pm, "Shit4Braibns" <ilbeba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How come folks like
> yourself who are proclaimed atheists are so reluctant to talk about
> what you DO believe in for a worldview ?

How come folks like yourself who are proclaimed bible thumpers are so
reluctant to provide the "proof and evidence" you keep saying you
have???

Where are your "vast evidences"?
Where is your "proof"?
Where is your "supporting evidence"?
Where is all this "proven historical evidence"?
Where is all this "vast evidence of a personal nature"?
Where is all this "very compelling evidence"?
Where is all this "plenty of historical evidence"?
Where is all this "plenty of evidence"

You don't have SHIT, We all know it, just admit it, give up your
goditit delusional thinking and maybe you can live out your few
remaining years on this Earth usefully

Ken

Aug 22, 2010, 11:02:51 AM8/22/10
On Aug 21, 8:22 pm, "Fudgepacker Dave" <ilbeba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well then,  give answers to these:

Where are your "vast evidences"?
Where is your "proof"?
Where is your "supporting evidence"?
Where is all this "proven historical evidence"?
Where is all this "vast evidence of a personal nature"?
Where is all this "very compelling evidence"?
Where is all this "plenty of historical evidence"?
Where is all this "plenty of evidence"

FYI----What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without
proof

Ken

Aug 22, 2010, 11:05:05 AM8/22/10
Have you ever had an original thought, SNOT????

Christopher A. Lee

Aug 22, 2010, 12:11:07 PM8/22/10
wrote:

>One fine day in alt.atheism, Sound of Trumpet <soundof...@post.com>
>wrote:
>
>> The Atheist Creed
>
><snip>
>
>YOu know nothing about atheists. This post proves it. I suggest you get
>yourself an education before you make a complete fool of yourself on a
>public newsgroup.

Too late.

Davej

Aug 22, 2010, 2:20:02 PM8/22/10
On Aug 21, 9:39 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> AND  a belief in Naturalism  (just as the OP so eloquently pointed
> out)  .  If you dont believe in a Diety then by default you have to
> substitute it with something...

Jesus came and Jesus went, and nothing changed, except some baloney.
What was that all about again? GAWD changed his mind about something?
From "An eye for an eye" to "Turn the other cheek?" Why was GAWD
changing his MIND about things?

Atheists can see that was all obviously a bunch of bullshit. It didn't
even convince the Jews.

Christopher A. Lee

Aug 22, 2010, 2:48:06 PM8/22/10
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:20:02 -0700 (PDT), Davej <gal...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Aug 21, 9:39 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> AND  a belief in Naturalism  (just as the OP so eloquently pointed
>> out)  .  If you dont believe in a Diety then by default you have to
>> substitute it with something...
>

>Jesus came and Jesus went, and nothing changed, except some baloney.
>What was that all about again? GAWD changed his mind about something?
>From "An eye for an eye" to "Turn the other cheek?" Why was GAWD
>changing his MIND about things?

There was a young man from Tashkent,
Whose dong was both long and bent.
To save himself trouble,
He put it in double.
So instead of coming, he went.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Doc Smartass

Aug 22, 2010, 5:39:19 PM8/22/10

Just sayin'.

ilbe...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2010, 5:59:05 PM8/22/10
On Aug 21, 10:28 pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> On 8/21/2010 8:22 PM, IlBeBa...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> If you want to play dueling quotes, that's your prerogative.  I won't
> >> join you, though.
>
> >> --
> >> DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
> >> ------------------------------
> >> "The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism, agnosticism,
> >> disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever written; it has
> >> emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema, motor
> >> bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne- Hide quoted text -

> > Well then,  give answer to this (unless you cant join me on that
> > too)  :
>
> > Call it Secular Humanism if you want which every atheist ive ever
> > talked with has admitted to believing in  .   How come folks like

> > yourself who are proclaimed atheists are so reluctant to talk about
> > what you DO believe in for a worldview ?
>
> Why don't you start a thread called the "secular humanist creed".  That
> might be more valid.
>
> But if you want to talk about secular humanism, what would you like to know?

> --
> DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
> ------------------------------
> "The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism, agnosticism,
> disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever written; it has
> emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema, motor
> bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne- Hide quoted text -

Id like you to start a new thread and give it the title of : My
Worldview beliefs as a proclaimed atheist . Then write about it
honestly. I would greatly enjoy reading that and scrutinizing it to
determine its level of rationality and reason. Ill be looking for it
coming up....

@tampabay.rr.com Pastor Dave

Aug 22, 2010, 6:15:08 PM8/22/10
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:59:05 -0700 (PDT), "IlBe...@gmail.com"
<ilbe...@gmail.com> spake thusly:

> I'd like you to start a new thread and give it the title of:
> "My Worldview Beliefs As A Proclaimed Atheist".

> Then write about it honestly.

That'd be a tough thing! You'd deserve some credit,
if you could do that. Ironically, you'd have to admit
to being religious. :)

> I would greatly enjoy reading that and scrutinizing it
> to determine its level of rationality and reason.

So would I. :)

> Ill be looking for it coming up....

Won't we all. :)

--

Pastor Dave

"Fortune favors the bold." - Virgil - The Aeneid

Message has been deleted

Free Lunch

Aug 22, 2010, 6:35:57 PM8/22/10
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:15:08 -0400, Pastor Dave <newsgroup-mail @
tampabay.rr.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:

>On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:59:05 -0700 (PDT), "IlBe...@gmail.com"
><ilbe...@gmail.com> spake thusly:
>

>> I'd like you to start a new thread and give it the title of:
>> "My Worldview Beliefs As A Proclaimed Atheist".
>>
>> Then write about it honestly.
>
>That'd be a tough thing! You'd deserve some credit,
>if you could do that. Ironically, you'd have to admit
>to being religious. :)
>

>> I would greatly enjoy reading that and scrutinizing it
>> to determine its level of rationality and reason.
>
>So would I. :)
>

>> Ill be looking for it coming up....
>
>Won't we all. :)

It's nice to see that even Pastor Dave doesn't think that IlBeBauck is a
believer.

DanielSan

Aug 22, 2010, 6:01:15 PM8/22/10
> Id like you to start a new thread and give it the title of : My
> Worldview beliefs as a proclaimed atheist . Then write about it
> honestly. I would greatly enjoy reading that and scrutinizing it to
> determine its level of rationality and reason. Ill be looking for it
> coming up....

I have no interest in starting a new thread.

Davej

Aug 23, 2010, 1:28:50 AM8/23/10
> The Atheist Creed
> We originated as follows:
>
> Nothing became chemicals.
> Chemicals became microbes.
> Microbes became worms.
> Worms became fish.
> Fish became lizards.
> Lizards became mice.
> Mice became monkeys.
> Monkeys became people.
>
> The first two steps occurred through still unknown processes.

The Creationist Creed
We originated as follows:

GAWD created the planet earth
GAWD created light (maybe it radiated from GAWD's eyeballs? No stars
yet.)
GAWD created water
GAWD created land (so wtf was earth made of before this step?)
GAWD created plants (no Venus flytraps)
GAWD created the sun
GAWD created the moon
GAWD created the stars
GAWD created fish
GAWD created birds (what did they eat? Hawks and eagles?)
GAWD created land animals (which were all vegetarians and lived
together in peace)
GAWD created man (who ate vegetables)
GAWD created woman (as an afterthought, since human sex was considered
too disgusting)

All of these steps occurred through still unknown processes... GAWD-
DID-IT

SortingItOut

Aug 23, 2010, 2:27:09 AM8/23/10
> Sunday, August 15, 2010

> The Atheist Creed
>
> We originated as follows:
>
> Nothing became chemicals.
> Chemicals became microbes.
> Microbes became worms.
> Worms became fish.
> Fish became lizards.
> Lizards became mice.
> Mice became monkeys.
> Monkeys became people.
>
> The first two steps occurred through still unknown processes.
>
> The last six steps occurred through a process of Darwinian evolution
> and punctuated equilibrium. Basically, what happened is that life on
> earth was repeatedly devastated by natural disasters. Then, over the
> following several million years, new, more complex life forms would
> appear through a process of random genetic mutation and natural
> selection.
>
> Judaism originated as follows:
>
> About 2,500 years ago, a charismatic scammer named Ezra the Scribe
> ruled the Jewish community in Jerusalem. Using some earlier legends
> and myths as sources, he composed the Pentateuch and presented it to
> the Jewish people as being the authentic record of their origins. (In
> reality the Pentateuch is entirely fictional.) The Jews, not only in
> Jerusalem but throughout the Middle East, as well as the Samaritans
> who were enemies of the Jews, for some reason unanimously accepted it
> as being authentic and completely discarded any earlier historical
> records they may have had.
>
> Free will is an illusion. In reality, we are merely soulless bags of
> chemicals and our actions are entirely predetermined and controlled by
> the laws of nature.
>
> Atheists tend to be very coy and vague when it comes to defining their
> beliefs; they almost always talk about the negative - what they do not
> believe in. However the above is the clearest picture I have been able
> to glean from years of research, reading and dialog with atheists.
>
> I find these beliefs to be clearly false for reasons I have explained
> here and here.
>
> Many people nevertheless embrace atheism, either because it allows
> them to lead a life of selfishness and hedonism without guilt

Do you have any evidence that this is the reason atheists take the
stance that they do? Is this what they have told you?

> or
> because, if they are scientists, it makes them society's most
> important intellectuals while making the clergy completely irrelevant.

Message has been deleted

Ralph

Aug 24, 2010, 3:49:49 PM8/24/10

ROTFLMAO!! ROTFLMAO!! Dickhead Dave is going to review a piece for
rationality and reason:-)))))))))))))).

DD don't forget to let all of us read your comments on rationality and
reason:-)))))))).

Mickey

Aug 24, 2010, 4:59:00 PM8/24/10
On Aug 21, 10:58 pm, "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com>

wrote:
> On Aug 21, 8:30 pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
>

> > On 8/21/2010 6:14 PM, Sound of Trumpet wrote:
>
> > >http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html
>
> > > Sunday, August 15, 2010
>
> > > The Atheist Creed
>
> > > We originated--
>
> > Ooops.  You're wrong.  The only thing in the atheism creed is lack of
> > belief in deities.
>
> > Everything else is extra.
>

> Quote : "The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism,
> agnosticism, disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever
> written; it has emptied more churches than all the counterattr
> actions of cinema, motor bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne
>
> REPLY: " What the world now needs is Christian love and compassion' --
> atheist Bertrand Russell from his book AntiChrist

See below for many not out of context Russell quotes.

>              "Within 3 decades, The Bible will be extinct" --- atheist
> Voltaire.  (Today, his very house in France is used as one of the
> largest Bible distribution centers to the world)

No respect. How Christian.

Actual Bertrand Russell quotes not taken out of context:

As a philosopher, if I were speaking to a purely philosophic audience
I should say that I ought to describe myself as an Agnostic,
because I do not think that there is a conclusive argument by which
one prove that there is not a God. On the other hand, if I am
to convey the right impression to the ordinary man in the street I
think that I ought to say that I am an Atheist, because, when I say
that I cannot prove that there is not a God, I ought to add equally
that I cannot prove that there are not the Homeric gods.
Bertrand Russell

The demand for certainty is one which is natural to man, but is
nevertheless an intellectual vice. So long as men are not
trained to withhold judgment in the absence of evidence, they will be
led astray by cocksure prophets, and it is likely that
their leaders will be either ignorant fanatics or dishonest charlatans
Bertrand Russell

In a man whose reasoning powers are good, fallacious arguments are
evidence of bias
Bertrand Russell

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in
praise of intelligence.
Bertrand Russell
British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

The people who are regarded as moral luminaries are those who forego
ordinary pleasures themselves
and find compensation in interfering with the pleasures of others.
Bertrand Russell
British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
Bertrand Russell
British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

Passive acceptance of the teacher's wisdom is easy to most boys and
girls. It involves no effort of independent
thought, and seems rational because the teacher knows more than his
pupils; it is moreover the way to win the
favour of the teacher unless he is a very exceptional man. Yet the
habit of passive acceptance is a disastrous
one in later life. It causes man to seek and to accept a leader, and
to accept as a leader whoever is established
in that position.
Bertrand Russell
British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970

What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out,
which is the exact opposite.
Bertrand Russell

One should respect public opinion in so far as is necessary to avoid
starvation and to keep out of prison, but
anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an
unnecessary tyranny.
Bertrand Russell

Spinoza (1634–77) is the noblest and most lovable of the great
philosophers. Intellectually, some have
surpassed him, but ethically he is supreme. As a natural consequence,
he was considered, during his
lifetime and for a century after his death, a man of appalling
wickedness.
Bertrand Russell

Mickey

Aug 24, 2010, 5:12:14 PM8/24/10
On Aug 21, 11:01 pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> On 8/21/2010 7:58 PM, IlBeBa...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Ooops.  You're wrong.  The only thing in the atheism creed is lack of
> >> belief in deities.
>
> >> Everything else is extra.
>
> >> --
> >> DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
> >> ------------------------------
> >> "The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism, agnosticism,
> >> disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever written; it has
> >> emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema, motor

> >> bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne
>
> > Quote : "The Old Testament is responsible for more atheism,
> > agnosticism,
> > disbelief-call it what you will-than any book ever written; it has
> > emptied more churches than all the counterattractions of cinema,

> > motor
> > bicycle and golf course." -- a.a. milne
>
> > REPLY: " What the world now needs is Christian love and compassion' --
> > atheist Bertrand Russell from his book AntiChrist
>
> If you want to play dueling quotes, that's your prerogative.  I won't
> join you, though.

That's all right. I just sent him enough Bertrand Russell
quotes to shut him up on that point. He should know better
than to take things out of context. Of course, he doesn't.
And, if he doesn't shut up, he'll only show himself to be an
even bigger fool.

Mickey

Aug 24, 2010, 5:35:36 PM8/24/10
On Aug 22, 1:21 am, Virgil <Vir...@home.esc> wrote:
> In article
> <735aeb36-3e11-414c-a10d-7e9cee096...@a36g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,

>  "IlBeBa...@gmail.com" <ilbeba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Atheists seem so
> > adept at mocking Theism and The CHristian Faith  and boldly
> > declaring
> > it  'silly, without physical evidence, based on faith alone, etc...'
> > yet many like yourself are willing to just shrink back and say ' We
> > just dont believe in a Diety'  .   Its a pretty disengenuous position
> > to take .
>
> There are lots of people who choose not to believe in unsupported or
> poorly supported claims.
>
> No one gets huffy if someone says that s/he does not believe in the many
> claims of existence of the Yeti or Bigfoot, and the physical evidence
> for their existence is at least as good as for any god.
>
> So why do those like IllBBk get so uptight when someone says that they
> do not believe in his particular claims?

Davey is a 'True Believer', dinchaknow?

Mickey

Aug 24, 2010, 5:44:57 PM8/24/10

Some of them were the original Christians. Just enough
to get the damned thing going until the pagans took over.
That's why Christianity is so pagan.

Mickey

Aug 24, 2010, 6:08:40 PM8/24/10
On Aug 22, 6:15 pm, Pastor Dave <newsgroup-mail @ tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:59:05 -0700 (PDT), "IlBeBa...@gmail.com"
> <ilbeba...@gmail.com> spake thusly:

> > I'd like you to start a new thread and give it the title of:
> > "My Worldview Beliefs As A Proclaimed Atheist".
>
> > Then write about it honestly.
>
> That'd be a tough thing!  You'd deserve some credit,
> if you could do that.  Ironically, you'd have to admit
> to being religious. :)
>
> > I would greatly enjoy reading that and scrutinizing it
> > to determine its level of rationality and reason.
>
> So would I. :)
>
> > Ill be looking for it coming up....
>
> Won't we all. :)

I'll do it right here. Atheism is a lack of belief in a god or gods.
That's it. Nothing more. An atheist may follow a philosophy or
different world view or none at all, but that has nothing to do
with their atheism.

Fundamentalists constantly lie about our lack of belief
and try to twist it into something that they can accept.
We've come to expect this. I doubt that your request
will end up any differently. The fact is that many
Christians simply cannot accept or understand how
anyone can believe in something else or not believe
at all as they do. Their minds are so entrapped by their
own beliefs that they can only believe that others are
lying and just denying their personal beliefs. Not so.
To an atheist, religious beliefs are simply nonsense
and not important, except as far as some believers
can affect their lives - at times dangerously, other
times just annoyingly.

Mickey

Aug 24, 2010, 6:29:26 PM8/24/10
On Aug 22, 6:35 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:15:08 -0400, Pastor Dave <newsgroup-mail @
> tampabay.rr.com> wrote in alt.talk.creationism:
>

> >On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:59:05 -0700 (PDT), "IlBeBa...@gmail.com"
> ><ilbeba...@gmail.com> spake thusly:

> >> I'd like you to start a new thread and give it the title of:
> >> "My Worldview Beliefs As A Proclaimed Atheist".
>
> >> Then write about it honestly.
>
> >That'd be a tough thing!  You'd deserve some credit,
> >if you could do that.  Ironically, you'd have to admit
> >to being religious. :)
>
> >> I would greatly enjoy reading that and scrutinizing it
> >> to determine its level of rationality and reason.
>
> >So would I. :)
>
> >> Ill be looking for it coming up....
>
> >Won't we all. :)
>
> It's nice to see that even Pastor Dave doesn't think that IlBeBauck is a
> believer

Considering that there are at least 38,000 different Christian
Churches, that is no surprise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations

No squawking about this being from Wikipedia, please.
It's just a list.

I am expecting, however, a bunch of 'But they're not
really Christians!" squawks.

Terry Cross

Aug 25, 2010, 2:37:25 AM8/25/10

By the same magic that Atheists know
a) what happened millions of years ago,
b) how god was "invented" and why,
c) why Christians believe as they do, and
c) how many Jews were killed in the Holocaust

By that magic do Christians know what Atheists think and why.

TCross

Yap

Aug 25, 2010, 2:48:56 AM8/25/10
As if any one including a loon would know?

> b) how god was "invented" and why,
The god was invented by human for the consumption of human (certain
weak human).

> c) why Christians believe as they do, and
Christians are irrational people. They like to have the comfort of a
sky pixie.

> c) how many Jews were killed in the Holocaust
Beats me, and there was no holocaust...I guess a few thousand?
But we have to find out the reason behind the event. Also, we know
most European never like the Jews today as well.

> By that magic do Christians know what Atheists think and why.
Except that you know atheists are rational human, unlike the bigots,
right?

> TCross

W.T.S.

Aug 25, 2010, 4:07:49 AM8/25/10
In article <13ec143c-670f-4d78-ac42-
7ac452...@l38g2000pro.googlegroups.com>, tcro...@hotmail.com says...

> On Aug 22, 11:27 pm, SortingItOut <eri...@home.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 21, 8:14 pm, Sound of Strumpet <soundofstrum...@post.com>
wrote:

<snip> Another spew of disinformation and lying bull shit by someone who
knows zero about anything. </snip>

> By that magic do Christians know what Atheists think and why.
>
> TCross

Start over and dream up new disinformation, everyone knows the old
disinformation is pure bull shit.
--
http://folding.stanford.edu
Save lives, visit today!

Terry Cross

Aug 25, 2010, 4:10:12 AM8/25/10

You have just proved that you are not rational. You invent with no
basis, you speculate with no foundation, and you judge with no
evidence. Given the source of the boast, I should now doubt whether
you are human!

TCross

Devils Advocaat

Aug 25, 2010, 7:42:40 AM8/25/10
On 22 Aug, 02:14, Sound of Trumpet <soundoftrum...@post.com> wrote:
> http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html
>
> Sunday, August 15, 2010
>
> The Atheist Creed
>
> We originated as follows:

Hold it right there, the only creed that all atheists I know agree on
is that there is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of any deity
or deities.

And if you are going to copy and paste someone else's opinion on such
matters shouldn't you make sure that you are both singing from the
same hymn sheet?

Terry Cross

Aug 25, 2010, 12:05:23 PM8/25/10

Auguste Comte wrote the Atheist hymnal, and you all sing from the same
page. Positivism was an abortion from the day it was born, but
Atheism nurses it like a living child.

TCross

Ray Fischer

Aug 26, 2010, 1:13:20 AM8/26/10
Terry Cross <tcro...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>On Aug 25, 4:42 am, Devils Advocaat <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 22 Aug, 02:14, Sound of Trumpet <soundoftrum...@post.com>
>wrote:>http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html
>>
>> > Sunday, August 15, 2010
>>
>> > The Atheist Creed
>>
>> > We originated as follows:
>>
>> Hold it right there, the only creed that all atheists I know agree on
>> is that there is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of any deity
>> or deities.
>>
>> And if you are going to copy and paste someone else's opinion on such
>> matters shouldn't you make sure that you are both singing from the
>> same hymn sheet?
>
>Auguste Comte wrote the Atheist hymnal,

You don't impress anybody with such transparent lying and prejudice.

--
Ray Fischer
rfis...@sonic.net

Devils Advocaat

Aug 26, 2010, 1:26:29 AM8/26/10

My point was that SOT is quoting from a website that is intended to
"promote Orthodox Judaism and to critique other ideologies".

So unless SOT is an Orthodox Jew then s/he cannot possibly be singing
from the same hymn sheet as Jacob Stein.

Positivism refers to a set of epistemological perspectives and
philosophies of science which hold that the scientific method is the
best approach to uncovering the processes by which both physical and
human events occur.

Since you reject Comte's work on positivism, this means you are
effectively rejecting the whole of science, yet you use the products
of science in your everyday life.

How can you live with such hypocrisy?

Terry Cross

Aug 27, 2010, 4:39:30 AM8/27/10
On Aug 25, 10:26 pm, Devils Advocaat <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 25 Aug, 17:05, Terry Cross <tcros...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 25, 4:42 am, Devils Advocaat <mankyg...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > > On 22 Aug, 02:14, Sound of Trumpet <soundoftrum...@post.com> wrote:>http://jewishphilosopher.blogspot.com/2010/08/atheist-creed.html

> > > Hold it right there, the only creed that all atheists I know agree on
> > > is that there is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of any deity
> > > or deities.
>
> > > And if you are going to copy and paste someone else's opinion on such
> > > matters shouldn't you make sure that you are both singing from the
> > > same hymn sheet?
>
> > Auguste Comte wrote the Atheist hymnal, and you all sing from the same
> > page.  Positivism was an abortion from the day it was born, but
> > Atheism nurses it like a living child.
>
> > TCross
>
> My point was that SOT is quoting from a website that is intended to
> "promote Orthodox Judaism and to critique other ideologies".
>
> So unless SOT is an Orthodox Jew then s/he cannot possibly be singing
> from the same hymn sheet as Jacob Stein.

Are you arguing that because SoT and Stein disagree on some things,
they cannot agree on others? That is a mighty strange line of logic.

> Positivism refers to a set of epistemological perspectives and
> philosophies of science which hold that the scientific method is the
> best approach to uncovering the processes by which both physical and
> human events occur.

The word "Positivism" was invented by Auguste Comte. The meaning of
Positivism is the the meaning that Comte gave it. To Comte, the
purpose of all science was sociology -- evaluating and ordering
society. Comte had no interest in science for its own sake.

Positivism asserts that the only authentic knowledge is that which is
based on sense experience and positive verification. But that is an
entirely hollow and unworkable approach to knowledge. It is also an
unworkable approach to science.

None of us have time to verify the Atomic Theory in depth. We get a
few glimpses of the its workability, and the rest we accept it on
faith. So it is with most science. It has very little to do with
"sense experience," and more with a satisfaction of our sense of order
and rightness.

> Since you reject Comte's work on positivism, this means you are
> effectively rejecting the whole of science, yet you use the products
> of science in your everyday life.

No, silly. Comte was but one philosopher of science, and not
necessarily the best. Science existed long before his birth. But
even if he were the only one, we have no money-back-guarantee that
another would not be born who would put him in the shade.

> How can you live with such hypocrisy?

I meet hypocrites like you every day and I am not troubled -- I guess
I learned my tolerance while young.

TCross