ATHEISTS CAN'T PROVE

%

Mar 24, 2018, 4:54:58 PM3/24/18
.

that they are truly atheists ,
they just want you to take their word ,
as proof that atheism is real

Amazing Answers

Mar 24, 2018, 5:13:03 PM3/24/18
Why do they do that?

Yap Honghor

Mar 24, 2018, 10:16:42 PM3/24/18
We need not prove anything to you.
Just as we do not need to prove you are a lifeless troll, you give it away....

Yap Honghor

Mar 24, 2018, 10:18:30 PM3/24/18
Not only you have a donkey brain, you also want to be neighbor to a lifeless troll, one who lives in an ice cave far North....

%

Mar 24, 2018, 10:30:57 PM3/24/18
i'm not allowed to enter the far north i'm banned

%

Mar 24, 2018, 10:32:32 PM3/24/18
On 2018-03-24 7:18 PM, Yap Honghor wrote:
see i told you atheists can't prove they are atheists ,
they can only steal words and info from tim

Yap Honghor

Mar 25, 2018, 6:46:05 AM3/25/18
Great liar....Far North is where you find your ice cave all year round.

Yap Honghor

Mar 25, 2018, 6:47:30 AM3/25/18
Tim is our respected member and he loves his words to be used by fellow sane members, to clobber the trolls and lifeless.

%

Mar 25, 2018, 10:15:05 AM3/25/18
i don't know what you mean

%

Mar 25, 2018, 10:15:44 AM3/25/18
well let me know when this starts i'd love to see it

Malcolm McMahon

Mar 27, 2018, 6:05:50 AM3/27/18
Not being a telepathic species, nobody can really prove what they believe to
anybody. So we're polite enough to take someone's word about what they believe
until we have evidence otherwise.

Maybe it won't be long until computers can read minds and the whole issue can
be settled.

But the question of belief is pretty complex anyway. We're all capable of
entertaining many mutually incompatible beliefs simultaneously and a belief,
once formed, is not easilly got rid of, even if we come to believe its
opposite. A hypothetical mind reading computer might tell you, yes, you hold
the atheist position that the existence of God is extremely improbable, and
yes, you also worry about being condemed to hell.

It's a matter of which belief your conscious self currently favours. The human
mind is like a committee of monomaniacs, but you're the chariman and it's your
job to decide who to listen to and who to ignore.

Alex W.

Mar 27, 2018, 7:07:54 PM3/27/18
On 27/03/2018 21:05, Malcolm McMahon wrote:
> "%" <per...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> .
>>
>> that they are truly atheists ,
>> they just want you to take their word ,
>> as proof that atheism is real
>
> Not being a telepathic species, nobody can really prove what they believe to
> anybody. So we're polite enough to take someone's word about what they believe
> until we have evidence otherwise.

Unless their belief clashes with our belief, in which case politeness
often goes right out the window...

> Maybe it won't be long until computers can read minds and the whole issue can
> be settled.

"Brain corrupted, cannot read. Abort, retry, fail?"

> But the question of belief is pretty complex anyway. We're all capable of
> entertaining many mutually incompatible beliefs simultaneously and a belief,
> once formed, is not easilly got rid of, even if we come to believe its
> opposite. A hypothetical mind reading computer might tell you, yes, you hold
> the atheist position that the existence of God is extremely improbable, and
> yes, you also worry about being condemed to hell.

Or you do not believe in god but you do believe in the devil.

Or you do not believe in a god but you do believe in a substitute like
extremely advanced aliens.

Or you do not believe in a specific deity but your world is peopled by
every other form of supernatural being....

> It's a matter of which belief your conscious self currently favours. The human
> mind is like a committee of monomaniacs, but you're the chariman and it's your
> job to decide who to listen to and who to ignore.

Not to mention the entirely common situation where someone may hold a
belief they rationally know to be false but still cling to with all
their might. Sometimes we just WANT to believe, all evidence to the
contrary.

%

Mar 27, 2018, 7:34:44 PM3/27/18
i think if that's the case atheists should ,
stop denying any proof offered

Kevrob

Mar 27, 2018, 7:43:57 PM3/27/18
On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 7:07:54 PM UTC-4, Alex W. wrote:

> Not to mention the entirely common situation where someone may hold a
> belief they rationally know to be false but still cling to with all
> their might. Sometimes we just WANT to believe, all evidence to the
> contrary.

Here's a problem:

Remember the old, untrue saw: "There are no atheists in foxholes?"
While many people may rationally have adopted the view that belief
in a ghod doesn't match the actual universe we live in, their early
childhood training may have been so effective that, in a crisis, they
revert, however temporarily, to the reflex of calling on the deity
they were indoctrinated to follow. My conscious mind may not be
bothered by the "threat of the flames of hell," but my unconscious
may well be. I was steeped in that junk for some 20 years, and
I still get a dose of it when talking to my extended family. It
wouldn't surprise me if, once senility sets in, I revert to it.

But that isn't my conscious, rational mind. That's just scars
from my childhood upbringing. I don't consider myself suffering
from "religious trauma syndrome," but some people really miss the
crutch when they start trying to walk without the ghod-idea.

Kevin R

%

Mar 27, 2018, 7:45:41 PM3/27/18
so far you haven't proved you're an atheist

Kevrob

Mar 27, 2018, 8:08:56 PM3/27/18
I haven't proved I'm not a ballerina, either.
I haven't proved I'm not a space alien.
I haven't proved I'm not Marie of Romania.

I haven't proved a lot of things, but if I
say "I don't believe in any ghodz," you can
take me at my word, or not. That's all it
takes to be an atheist. One doesn't even
have to declare one is sure there are no ghodz.
I'm as sure about that as I am about the speed
of light, but in both cases new evidence could
change my mind. The currently accepted rate for
"c" in a vacuum is...

[quote]

....186,282 miles per second (299,792 kilometers per second),
and in theory nothing can travel faster than light. In miles
per hour, light speed is, well, a lot: about 670,616,629 mph.
If you could travel at the speed of light, you could go around
the Earth 7.5 times in one second.

[/quote] - https://www.space.com/15830-light-speed.html

As the T-shirts and bumper stickers say,
"It's not just a good idea.
It's the law."

We didn't always know that. The article details how observation
and experiment allowed us to figure that out. If and when
someone comes up with a better measurement, the scientifically
minded and rational will amend their knowledge, or, as some
carelessly call it, belief.

I think the same way about ghodz. Cough up the observable,
measurable, reproducible evidence, then we'll talk.

Not what I would expect from a wiseass troll, though.

Kevin R

%

Mar 27, 2018, 8:32:05 PM3/27/18
i'm glad my original comment holds true ,
atheists can't prove they are truly atheists ,
and if you tell this fact to one of them ,
the regular reaction is like what you see above ,
you get an atheist that can't prove he truly is an atheist

Cloud Hobbit

Mar 27, 2018, 8:36:16 PM3/27/18
It's like saying one is gay, who would do that if it weren't true? Why set yourself up for all the crap that is likely to be thrown at you?

If the evidence given from us doesn't give you the evidence you require to be convinced, then there is no chance there ever will be any evidence that can convince you at least not until somebody figures out a way to read minds.

I was lucky enough to not have much in the way of a religious upbringing and after I stopped going to church at about age 9, I almost never thought about it or god.

I do remember walking into my first Sunday School class and seeing all the pictures on the walls and thinking this can't be real. I always felt there was a lot more nonsense than there was morality or believable stories.

The only time that religion really bothers me now is when people IRL won't shut about it and try and convert me or when it affects my life or the lives of my family members.

I am no longer bothered by people coming to the door and handing out whatever various religious invitations to whatever church or Kingdom Hall.

As long as religious people are not trying to screw with the education system or use public money to display their private religious views, then I do not care what anybody thinks about God.

I made my mind up that the evidence from the Bible is not good enough and not rational enough to pay any attention to.

%

Mar 27, 2018, 8:43:33 PM3/27/18
well that's swell but did you know ,
atheists can't prove they are truly atheists ,
but they expect all others to prove what they say they are ,
and when people tell them they say , prove it ,
knowing full well you can't and if you do find a way they deny you ,
atheists are just as bad as any other religion ,
they believe what they believe faithfully even though ,
they can't prove it

teresita

Mar 27, 2018, 8:49:32 PM3/27/18
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 17:31:54 -0700, % wrote:

> i'm glad my original comment holds true ,
> atheists can't prove they are truly atheists ,
> and if you tell this fact to one of them ,
> the regular reaction is like what you see above ,
> you get an atheist that can't prove he truly is an atheist

I cannot prove I'm an atheist, true, but my responses on alt.atheism are
indistinguishable from those of a person who does not believe in God.

--
https://twitter.com/LinuxGal

StanFast

Mar 27, 2018, 8:58:44 PM3/27/18
You mean your arguments are indistinguishable from arguments from the pretended deceased old Usenet boss jerk troll Robert aka rfgdxm

%

Mar 27, 2018, 9:31:25 PM3/27/18
if you can't prove it its meaningless just like ,
christianity is according to an atheist

%

Mar 27, 2018, 9:32:04 PM3/27/18
On 2018-03-27 5:58 PM, StanFast wrote:
> You mean your arguments are indistinguishable from arguments from the pretended deceased old Usenet boss jerk troll Robert aka rfgdxm

no , that doesn't prove you're an atheist

StanFast

Mar 27, 2018, 9:34:44 PM3/27/18
It would be some evidence towards sockpuppetry

%

Mar 27, 2018, 9:36:24 PM3/27/18
On 2018-03-27 6:34 PM, StanFast wrote:
> It would be some evidence towards sockpuppetry

no that doesn't prove you're an atheist

StanFast

Mar 27, 2018, 9:38:10 PM3/27/18
I was not talking about that

%

Mar 27, 2018, 9:39:38 PM3/27/18
On 2018-03-27 6:38 PM, StanFast wrote:
> I was not talking about that

i was

Cloud Hobbit

Mar 27, 2018, 9:55:08 PM3/27/18
and handing out whatever various religious invitations to whatever church or Kingdom Hall.

> As long as religious people are not trying to screw with the education system or use public money to display their private religious views, then I do not care what anybody thinks about God.
>
> I made my mind up that the evidence from the Bible is not good enough and not rational enough to pay any attention to.

well that's swell but did you know ,
atheists can't prove they are truly atheists ,
but they expect all others to prove what they say they are ,
and when people tell them they
say , prove it ,
knowing full well you can't and if you do find a way they deny you ,
atheists are just as bad as any other religion ,
they believe what they believe faithfully even though ,
they can't prove it
______________________

I don't know that to be true of any atheists here.

Perhaps you could provide some examples?

Don Martin

Mar 27, 2018, 10:05:54 PM3/27/18
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 17:08:53 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob <kev...@my-deja.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 7:45:41 PM UTC-4, % wrote:
>> On 2018-03-27 4:43 PM, Kevrob wrote:
>
>> > But that isn't my conscious, rational mind. That's just scars
>> > from my childhood upbringing. I don't consider myself suffering
>> > from "religious trauma syndrome," but some people really miss the
>> > crutch when they start trying to walk without the ghod-idea.
>> >
>> > Kevin R
>> >

>> so far you haven't proved you're an atheist

What is it with these dipshits that they won't take our word for our
lack of belief in their imaginary superfriends? We take their word
for their belief, but they cannot return that simple trust.

>I haven't proved I'm not a ballerina, either.
>I haven't proved I'm not a space alien.
>I haven't proved I'm not Marie of Romania.

Damn! And I was so hoping you might be.

Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
Je pense, donc je suis Charlie.

%

Mar 27, 2018, 10:08:34 PM3/27/18
tell me your proof

%

Mar 27, 2018, 10:09:45 PM3/27/18
On 2018-03-27 7:05 PM, Don Martin wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 17:08:53 -0700 (PDT), Kevrob <kev...@my-deja.com>
> wrote:

>>> so far you haven't proved you're an atheist
>
> What is it with these dipshits that they won't take our word for our
> lack of belief in their imaginary superfriends? We take their word
> for their belief, but they cannot return that simple trust.
>
>> I haven't proved I'm not a ballerina, either.
>> I haven't proved I'm not a space alien.
>> I haven't proved I'm not Marie of Romania.
>
> Damn! And I was so hoping you might be.

sorry , that doesn't prove you're an atheist

Alex W.

Mar 27, 2018, 11:46:12 PM3/27/18
On 28/03/2018 11:31, % wrote:

> i'm glad my original comment holds true ,
> atheists can't prove they are truly atheists ,
> and if you tell this fact to one of them ,
> the regular reaction is like what you see above ,
> you get an atheist that can't prove he truly is an atheist

Try Matthew 7:20 -- "thus you will know them by their fruits."

In other words, you can prove atheism by your actions just as we can
judge a Christian or other believer by their actions. If something is
very important to you, then you will act in accordance and support of
your belief.

Cloud Hobbit

Mar 28, 2018, 12:35:03 AM3/28/18
Don Martin said: What is it with these dipshits that they won't take our word for our
lack of belief in their imaginary superfriends? We take their word
for their belief, but they cannot return that simple trust.

>I haven't proved I'm not a ballerina, either.
>I haven't proved I'm not a space alien.
>I haven't proved I'm not Marie of Romania.

Damn! And I was so hoping you might be.

>>I guess they figure this is the >>only battle they can win.

>>They can't prove God.
>>They can't prove Jesus.
>>They ant prove Moses.
>>They can't prove the Exodus.
>>They can't prove the Flood.
>>Or Adam and Eve or their
>>creation myth.
>>They can't even get the history >>and they won't be honest about
>>the fact that Judaism and >>Christianity being born from >>previous mythology.

>>They have nothing so they >>figure they can trap us with >>our own words about our beliefs >>or nonbelief.

>>They can't get it that proving >>one's state of mind is >>different than issues >>involving physical evidence.

>>Just as they can't prove they
>>can't prove they are Christian >>they can't prove anything
>>important about their beliefs
>>since none of them are possible.

%

Mar 28, 2018, 8:40:23 AM3/28/18
no , sorry , i'm afraid that doesn't prove you're an atheist

%

Mar 28, 2018, 8:41:20 AM3/28/18
nope , sorry , that doesn't prove you're an atheist

vtand...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2018, 8:46:15 AM3/28/18
On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 7:18:30 PM UTC-7, Yap Honghor wrote:
> On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 5:13:03 AM UTC+8, Amazing Answers wrote:
> > On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 1:54:58 PM UTC-7, % wrote:
> > > .
> > >
> > > that they are truly atheists ,
> > > they just want you to take their word ,
> > > as proof that atheism is real
> >
> > Why do they do that?
>
> Not only you have a donkey brain, you also want to be neighbor to a lifeless troll, one who lives in an ice cave far North....

What the fuck does that mean, you idiot?

vtand...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2018, 8:48:09 AM3/28/18
HORSEDUNG. YOu don't accept any evidence you don't like.

%

Mar 28, 2018, 8:50:27 AM3/28/18
and you can't prove your own claim

Gospel TT

Mar 28, 2018, 10:20:09 AM3/28/18
You don't no what it mean's so your the idiot lol.

Gospel TT

Mar 28, 2018, 10:22:11 AM3/28/18
That's cause all you got is allot of rumdum stuff that's not
evident's lol.

%

Mar 28, 2018, 10:22:51 AM3/28/18
that still doesn't prove anyone here is an atheist

%

Mar 28, 2018, 10:25:55 AM3/28/18
and all you got is crying over what he's got

Richard

Mar 28, 2018, 12:35:28 PM3/28/18
What if I swear on the bible that I am an atheist?

StanFast

Mar 28, 2018, 12:47:51 PM3/28/18
I am certainly not an atheist.

%

Mar 28, 2018, 1:10:56 PM3/28/18
no that won't work there'll be big issues over which bible

%

Mar 28, 2018, 1:11:39 PM3/28/18
i don't think anyone said you are

Gospel TT

Mar 28, 2018, 1:38:48 PM3/28/18
& All you got is rumdum lol

%

Mar 28, 2018, 4:31:59 PM3/28/18
i have no idea what that is

Don Martin

Mar 28, 2018, 6:08:26 PM3/28/18
Swear on a _stack_ of Bibles, or better, upon a stacked bibliophile
(something we do believe in).

Cloud Hobbit

Mar 28, 2018, 6:12:16 PM3/28/18
On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 5:43:33 PM UTC-7, % wrote:
> well that swell but did you know,
> atheists can't prove they are truly atheists,
> but they expect all others to prove what they say they are,
> and when people tell them they say, prove it,
> knowing full well you can't and if you do find a way they deny you,
> atheists are just as bad as any other religion,
> they believe what they believe faithfully even though,
> they can't prove it

I have never seen any atheist here demand someone prove they believe in whatever they claim to believe in.

Please list some examples of this claim of yours, by examples I mean in context quotes.

StanFast

Mar 28, 2018, 6:13:56 PM3/28/18

StanFast

Mar 28, 2018, 6:17:05 PM3/28/18
On Tuesday, March 27, 2018 at 5:36:16 PM UTC-7, Cloud Hobbit wrote:

> If the evidence given from us doesn't give you the evidence you require to be convinced, then there is no chance there ever will be any evidence that can convince you at least not until somebody figures out a way to read minds.

Yap Honghor

Mar 28, 2018, 6:39:58 PM3/28/18
It means this ass wants to live with % so that they can do trolling together, sort of providing comfort to one another....

<Sigh> You lack imagination.

Yap Honghor

Mar 28, 2018, 6:40:59 PM3/28/18
What evidence? Show....................

Kevrob

Mar 28, 2018, 6:41:52 PM3/28/18
Well, we do pull out particularly ridiculous or offensive examples
of commandments in scriptures, or theologians or clergies pronouncements
that members of particular faiths are supposed to accept, and challenge
the theist who put their faith in said scriptures and dogmas with,
"Do you really believe this? As awful as it is? As contradictory
as it is with [this other example]?"

That's pinning the so-called faithful believer to the supposed
doctrines of his denomination. I especially like it when the
Christians get into babble-interpretation spats and we can just
sit, watch, and eat popcorn. Why they would want to wash their
intramural dirty linen here, i have no clue.

Kevin R

%

Mar 28, 2018, 7:15:46 PM3/28/18
i don't give a damn what you mean ,
and i don't take orders to prove your point ,
now you show me an atheist that can prove they are an atheist

%

Mar 28, 2018, 7:16:50 PM3/28/18
sorry , you're not proving that atheists can prove they are atheists

%

Mar 28, 2018, 7:17:49 PM3/28/18
can you prove you are an atheist

%

Mar 28, 2018, 7:19:17 PM3/28/18
you will be single and lonely all of your life

%

Mar 28, 2018, 7:20:15 PM3/28/18
you show , prove you are an atheist or live knowing you are a liar

Smiler

Mar 28, 2018, 7:56:06 PM3/28/18
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 05:40:11 -0700, % wrote:

> On 2018-03-27 8:46 PM, Alex W. wrote:
>> On 28/03/2018 11:31, % wrote:
>>
>>> i'm glad my original comment holds true ,
>>> atheists can't prove they are truly atheists ,
>>> and if you tell this fact to one of them ,
>>> the regular reaction is like what you see above ,
>>> you get an atheist that can't prove he truly is an atheist
>>
>> Try Matthew 7:20 -- "thus you will know them by their fruits."
>>
>> In other words, you can prove atheism by your actions just as we can
>> judge a Christian or other believer by their actions.  If something is
>> very important to you, then you will act in accordance and support of
>> your belief.
>
> no , sorry , i'm afraid that doesn't prove you're an atheist

You cannot prove that I'm not an atheist, therefore, I am an atheist.

--
Smiler, The godless one. a.a.# 2279
All gods are tailored to order. They're made

---

Smiler

Mar 28, 2018, 7:57:44 PM3/28/18
We know, and neither does he.

Gospel TT

Mar 28, 2018, 8:08:21 PM3/28/18
Lol you'd no if you wasn't such a rumdum lol.

Smiler

Mar 28, 2018, 8:09:28 PM3/28/18
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 16:34:33 -0700, % wrote:

> On 2018-03-27 4:07 PM, Alex W. wrote:
>>>
>>> Not being a telepathic species, nobody can really prove what they
>>> believe to anybody. So we're polite enough to take someone's word
>>> about what they believe until we have evidence otherwise.
>>
>> Unless their belief clashes with our belief, in which case politeness
>> often goes right out the window...
>>
>>> Maybe it won't be long until computers can read minds and the whole
>>> issue can be settled.
>>
>> "Brain corrupted, cannot read.  Abort, retry, fail?"
>>
>>> But the question of belief is pretty complex anyway. We're all capable
>>> of entertaining many mutually incompatible beliefs simultaneously and
>>> a belief,
>>> once formed, is not easilly got rid of, even if we come to believe its
>>> opposite. A hypothetical mind reading computer might tell you, yes,
>>> you hold the atheist position that the existence of God is extremely
>>> improbable, and yes, you also worry about being condemed to hell.
>>
>> Or you do not believe in god but you do believe in the devil.
>>
>> Or you do not believe in a god but you do believe in a substitute like
>> extremely advanced aliens.
>>
>> Or you do not believe in a specific deity but your world is peopled by
>> every other form of supernatural being....
>>
>>> It's a matter of which belief your conscious self currently favours.
>>> The human mind is like a committee of monomaniacs, but you're the
>>> chariman and it's your job to decide who to listen to and who to
>>> ignore.
>>>
>> Not to mention the entirely common situation where someone may hold a
>> belief they rationally know to be false but still cling to with all
>> their might.  Sometimes we just WANT to believe, all evidence to the
>> contrary.
>>
> i think if that's the case atheists should ,
> stop denying any proof offered

When has an atheist ever denied any proof?

%

Mar 28, 2018, 8:14:15 PM3/28/18
On 2018-03-28 4:56 PM, Smiler wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 05:40:11 -0700, % wrote:

>>> Try Matthew 7:20 -- "thus you will know them by their fruits."
>>>
>>> In other words, you can prove atheism by your actions just as we can
>>> judge a Christian or other believer by their actions.  If something is
>>> very important to you, then you will act in accordance and support of
>>> your belief.
>>
>> no , sorry , i'm afraid that doesn't prove you're an atheist
>
> You cannot prove that I'm not an atheist, therefore, I am an atheist.

fine , prove it

%

Mar 28, 2018, 8:14:57 PM3/28/18
On 2018-03-28 4:57 PM, Smiler wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 10:11:28 -0700, % wrote:

>>> I am certainly not an atheist.
>>>
>> i don't think
>
> We know, and neither does he.

post editing the true mark of a non atheist

%

Mar 28, 2018, 8:15:47 PM3/28/18
i'm afraid we can't communicate because i can't understand your language

%

Mar 28, 2018, 8:17:04 PM3/28/18
sorry , that doesn't prove you're an atheist

Gospel TT

Mar 28, 2018, 8:34:01 PM3/28/18
Ok

Smiler

Mar 29, 2018, 8:40:01 PM3/29/18

Smiler

Mar 29, 2018, 8:44:04 PM3/29/18
Sorry , that doesn't answer the question.

%

Mar 29, 2018, 8:46:27 PM3/29/18
On 2018-03-29 5:39 PM, Smiler wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 17:14:04 -0700, % wrote:

>>> You cannot prove that I'm not an atheist, therefore, I am an atheist.
>>>
>> fine , prove it
>
> You cannot prove that I'm not an atheist, therefore, I am an atheist.

we aren't talking about what i can do ,
we're talking about what you can't do

%

Mar 29, 2018, 8:47:48 PM3/29/18
i will be happy to answer you right after you prove anyone is an atheist

Cloud Hobbit

Mar 29, 2018, 9:30:44 PM3/29/18
Madjoe said: HORSEDUNG. YOu don't accept any evidence you don't like.

>You have never posted anything that qualified as evidence.

I accept any evidence that is verifiable, repeatable, and in context. In the case of religion that means physical evidence and historical evidence. Since there is no physical evidence of God and because the God in the bible is depicted as a psychopath, there is no reason for me to believe in it.

What little physical evidence there is does not confirm there is a God I have another reason not to believe.

If such evidence is found or when your alleged God should bother to make a personal appearance I might change my mind. If however, it turns out that the bible described what God is accurately it would be my duty to join in killing the psycho fucker because as described he is completely evil and unworthy of respect let alone worship.

YMMV

Gospel TT

Mar 30, 2018, 2:35:25 AM3/30/18
You proved your a rumdum lol.

Malcolm McMahon

Mar 30, 2018, 4:47:49 AM3/30/18
"Alex W." <ing...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>On 27/03/2018 21:05, Malcolm McMahon wrote:
>> "%" <per...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> .
>>>
>>> that they are truly atheists ,
>>> they just want you to take their word ,
>>> as proof that atheism is real
>>
>> Not being a telepathic species, nobody can really prove what they believe to
>> anybody. So we're polite enough to take someone's word about what they
>>believe
>> until we have evidence otherwise.
>
>Unless their belief clashes with our belief, in which case politeness
>often goes right out the window...

Well, personally I don't bring up the religion thing myself. I love a good
phillisophical debate, but realise that some people are easilly hurt. So I let
them come to me. Any theist that posts on AA is clearly fair game. As a kid I
think I upset a lot of people.

>> Maybe it won't be long until computers can read minds and the whole issue can
>> be settled.
>
>"Brain corrupted, cannot read. Abort, retry, fail?"
>

>> But the question of belief is pretty complex anyway. We're all capable of
>> entertaining many mutually incompatible beliefs simultaneously and a belief,
>> once formed, is not easilly got rid of, even if we come to believe its
>> opposite. A hypothetical mind reading computer might tell you, yes, you hold
>> the atheist position that the existence of God is extremely improbable, and
>> yes, you also worry about being condemed to hell.
>
>Or you do not believe in god but you do believe in the devil.
>
>Or you do not believe in a god but you do believe in a substitute like
>extremely advanced aliens.
>
>Or you do not believe in a specific deity but your world is peopled by
>every other form of supernatural being....

These are not the kind of contradictions I'm talking about. It's more like both
believing and disbelieving in God at the same time.

Malcolm McMahon

Mar 30, 2018, 4:50:14 AM3/30/18
Can you _prove_ that you don't believe in the tooth fairy? Of course you can't,
because you still have privacy inside your head.

What you _say_ proves nothing.

%

Mar 30, 2018, 12:01:03 PM3/30/18
that doesn't even exist so no one is one

%

Mar 30, 2018, 12:02:29 PM3/30/18
none of this proves anyone is an atheist

%

Mar 30, 2018, 12:05:32 PM3/30/18
On 2018-03-30 1:50 AM, Malcolm McMahon wrote:
> % <per...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sorry , that doesn't answer the question.
>>>
>> i will be happy to answer you right after you prove anyone is an atheist
>
> Can you _prove_ that you don't believe in the tooth fairy? Of course you can't,
> because you still have privacy inside your head.
>
> What you _say_ proves nothing.

your reply is just a different question ,
lets answer mine me first ,
did you know atheists can't prove they are atheists ,
answering with questions about the tooth fairy isn't working

Smiler

Mar 31, 2018, 12:10:04 AM3/31/18

Smiler

Mar 31, 2018, 12:13:30 AM3/31/18
You answered me, so I must have proved someone is an atheist for you
to do that.

Gospel TT

Mar 31, 2018, 1:07:26 PM3/31/18
On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 04:10:02 +0000 (UTC), Smiler <smi...@jo.king>
wrote:
% can't prove he's not a rumdum so he is a rumdum. QED.

%

Mar 31, 2018, 1:18:19 PM3/31/18
christian

Gospel TT

Mar 31, 2018, 2:44:48 PM3/31/18
Are you Christian?????

Amazing Answers

Mar 31, 2018, 2:46:12 PM3/31/18
There are a lot of things atheists can't prove yet believe.

!! Atheist ------------------------------

Mar 31, 2018, 2:50:11 PM3/31/18
Gospel TT wrote:
> [...]

wtf is rumdum. I like rum. Somtimes it makes me dum. What's the problem, dickhead?

--
There is no verifiable evidence of any god(s). None whatsoever.
Extortion (Believe or Burn) is *THE* foundation of Christianity.

!! Atheist ------------------------------

Mar 31, 2018, 2:59:30 PM3/31/18
Amazing Answers wrote:

> There are a lot of things atheists can't prove yet believe.

A good goal: don't believe (think it true) anything without good evidence.

%

Mar 31, 2018, 3:38:51 PM3/31/18
On 2018-03-31 11:50 AM, !! Atheist ------------------------------ wrote:

> wtf is rumdum.  I like rum.  Somtimes it makes me dum.  What's the
> problem, dickhead?

he has a real psychological disorder when it comes to that word

Sn!pe

Mar 31, 2018, 4:37:33 PM3/31/18
Amazing Answers <Astero...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> There are a lot of things atheists can't prove yet believe.

True, that. Atheism demands blind faith in exactly the
same way that theism does. The only rational standpoint
is agnosticism. You can't know the unknowable and you
can't prove a negative.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <snip...@gmail.com>

My pet rock Gordon just is.

Siri Cruise

Mar 31, 2018, 5:48:47 PM3/31/18
In article <1nmjqlw.1ic0nvh11ewj40N%snip...@gmail.com>,
snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> Amazing Answers <Astero...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > There are a lot of things atheists can't prove yet believe.
>
> True, that. Atheism demands blind faith in exactly the
> same way that theism does. The only rational standpoint
> is agnosticism. You can't know the unknowable and you
> can't prove a negative.

You're assuming on faith some things are unknowable. Perhaps with sufficient
effort everything is knowable: but this is unknowable.

Next up: it's impossible to name the largest cardinal number.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Don Kresch

Mar 31, 2018, 6:39:57 PM3/31/18
On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 21:37:31 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

>True, that. Atheism demands blind faith in exactly the
>same way that theism does. The only rational standpoint
>is agnosticism. You can't know the unknowable and you
>can't prove a negative.

O RLY?

I can prove that there's no such thing as the largest prime
number, i.e. the set of primes is not infinite. Proof's been around
for over 2,300 years.

And agnosticism is not a middle ground. Either someone is an
atheist or a theist; those are jointly exhaustive and mutually
exclusive.

Don
aa#51, Knight of BAAWA, Jedi Slackmaster
Praise "Bob" or burn in Slacklessness trying not to.

%

Mar 31, 2018, 6:43:13 PM3/31/18
i am not a theist or an atheist

Kevrob

Mar 31, 2018, 6:51:40 PM3/31/18
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 4:37:33 PM UTC-4, Sn!pe wrote:
> Amazing Answers <Astero...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > There are a lot of things atheists can't prove yet believe.
>
> True, that. Atheism demands blind faith in exactly the
> same way that theism does. The only rational standpoint
> is agnosticism. You can't know the unknowable

There's "this can't be known," which isn't the same as
"that claim hasn't been proved yet."

By what standard does one declare something unknowable?
My suspicion is that those who hold to that have implicitly
accepted the definition of "ghod" provided by theologians,
based entirely on supposition, not evidence.

Let one of the so-called divine and so-far imaginary creatures
present itself for examination, before we name it and catalogue
its properties.

It is entirely proper to not accept as real any mythological creature,
without having to disprove it. Want me to believe in Nessie, a
yeti, a sasquatch or a chupacabra? Produce an example to be examined.
Until then, I'm an a-nessiest and an a-yetist. Anyone out there
feel the need to demur that they are agnostic on those fronts?

Atheism isn't a faith. It is "not having faith." PRaTT!

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/FAQ_for_the_Newly_Deconverted#Is_atheism_a_religion.3F

> and you can't prove a negative.

You can test positive claims, though, and when they don't hold
up it is completely reasonable to not adopt them as describing
the universe accurately.

Most theists are used to being members of a cultural majority
that accepts the idea of ghodz, so consider belief a default
position, objections to the assumption that they exist to be
novel, and a "belief-position" somehow privileged. Atheism
denies that assumed privilege.

Kevin R

Kevrob

Mar 31, 2018, 6:57:40 PM3/31/18
On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 6:39:57 PM UTC-4, Don Kresch wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 21:37:31 +0100, snip...@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:
>
> >True, that. Atheism demands blind faith in exactly the
> >same way that theism does. The only rational standpoint
> >is agnosticism. You can't know the unknowable and you
> >can't prove a negative.
>
> O RLY?
>
> I can prove that there's no such thing as the largest prime
> number, i.e. the set of primes is not infinite. Proof's been around
> for over 2,300 years.
>
> And agnosticism is not a middle ground. Either someone is an
> atheist or a theist; those are jointly exhaustive and mutually
> exclusive.

I thought I'd learned that primes never end, but they become less
common as they get larger. {googollygoogolly goog...}

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclid%27s_theorem

Now, does changing axioms change the proofs?

Kevin R

%

Mar 31, 2018, 7:12:04 PM3/31/18
this is way off topic and i was wondering ,
can you prove you're an atheist

Gospel TT

Mar 31, 2018, 7:21:47 PM3/31/18
On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 11:50:04 -0700, "!! Atheist
------------------------------" <notnot...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> wtf is rumdum. I like rum. Somtimes it makes me dum. What's the
problem, dickhead?

wtf is dickhead. I got a dick. Beer got a head. What's the problem,
rumdum????

Tim

Apr 1, 2018, 12:57:34 AM4/1/18
You can't prove that, muncho mug.

Olrik

Apr 1, 2018, 2:14:39 AM4/1/18
Le 2018-04-01 à 00:57, Tim a écrit :
> On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 6:43:13 PM UTC-4, % wrote:

>>> O RLY?
>>>
>>> I can prove that there's no such thing as the largest prime
>>> number, i.e. the set of primes is not infinite. Proof's been around
>>> for over 2,300 years.

<piggybacking>

Go at it, "Kresch" :

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euclid%27s_theorem>

>>> And agnosticism is not a middle ground. Either someone is an
>>> atheist or a theist; those are jointly exhaustive and mutually
>>> exclusive.
>>>
>>> Don
>>> aa#51, Knight of BAAWA, Jedi Slackmaster
>>> Praise "Bob" or burn in Slacklessness trying not to.
>>>
>> i am not a theist or an atheist
>
> You can't prove that, muncho mug.

--
Olrik
aa #1981
EAC Chief Food Inspector, Bacon Division

%

Apr 1, 2018, 12:20:43 PM4/1/18
and you can see the type of intellect i'm dealing with
It is loading more messages.