NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.

Truth Hunter

Jun 22, 2006, 7:59:44 AM6/22/06
NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.

The Fig Tree

The next day..., Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in
leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he
found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then
he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again."
-- Mark 11:12-14

... In the morning..., they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.
Peter ... said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree ... has withered!"
--Mark 20-21

Facts:
Jesus was hungry.
He looked for fruits to eat on a fig tree.
But it was not fig season, but it was not season.

Questions :
Who except an ignorant fool expect to find fruits in off season?
Is killing a tree for not bearing fruit out of season a rational
response ??
Is killing a tree just on a whim not anti environment act ?? He did not
know "green law" of Manu, prohibiting destruction of trees.
Why did he forget it was passover, springtime, is not fig season (Mk
11:13).
If the NT is as TRUE as Christians claim, then does not Jesus emerge as
a dolt?

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org

Bumper Sticker

DIVINE INSANITY
God killed himself on the cross to save his own creation fro­m his own
wrath! (Author unknown)

One God, father-son-ghost?

Holy Trinity "Me, Myself, and I"

Triune god: "Buy one god, get two free"

There is no copyright to this post or its contents anything can be
taken from this post without permission.

BrentB

Jun 22, 2006, 9:18:34 AM6/22/06

Lets get real these are stories told verbally and handed down
generations until they could be written. To disclaim the wisdom of
Jesus because some line protrays him as an idiot is you wanting to see
what you want to see. btw I also don't believe he popped up physically
after three days. Here's some wisdom from the same chapter. He was NOT
a dolt by any means.

27And they come again to Jerusalem: and as he was walking in the
temple, there come to him the chief priests, and the scribes, and the
elders,

28And say unto him, By what authority doest thou these things? and who
gave thee this authority to do these things?

29And Jesus answered and said unto them, I will also ask of you one
question, and answer me, and I will tell you by what authority I do
these things.

30The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men? answer me.

31And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From
heaven; he will say, Why then did ye not believe him?

32But if we shall say, Of men; they feared the people: for all men
counted John, that he was a prophet indeed.

33And they answered and said unto Jesus, We cannot tell. And Jesus
answering saith unto them, Neither do I tell you by what authority I do
these things.

Mark 11 (King James Version)

hp...@le.ac.uk

Jun 22, 2006, 9:39:02 AM6/22/06

Well, it might not be the season, but Jesus only said 'May no one ever
eat fruit from you again.' which sound like a curse, but it could have
been a sharp observation. Maybe if no fruit at that particular time,
the tree was dying anyway. He was only stating the fact. Like if I
see a chain smoker and I say to him, 'you are going to die of lung
cancer'. Does that mean I curse him? or in your way of
interpretation, kill him?

> http://www.jewsforjudaism.org
>

> Bumper Sticker
>

> DIVINE INSANITY
> God killed himself on the cross to save his own creation fro­m his own
> wrath! (Author unknown)
>
> One God, father-son-ghost?
>

> Holy Trinity "Me, Myself, and I"
>

> Triune god: "Buy one god, get two free"

What is wrong with that?

quibbler

Jun 21, 2006, 11:05:05 PM6/21/06
In article <1150983542....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
hp...@le.ac.uk says...

Nope, because in Matthew's version he says, "No longer shall there ever
be any fruit from you." And at once the fig tree withered. (Mt 21:19)
Mark has it withering by the next day. Certainly there is no fig tree
disease that would wither it "at once" or even in a day.

> Maybe if no fruit at that particular time,
> the tree was dying anyway.

No, the verse in Mark says, "he found nothing but leaves, because it was
not the season for figs." It might have had a disease, but the lack of
figs was not the tell, since no trees should have had figs.
As many people have observed, it would have been far more miraculous for
jesus to make the fig tree magically sprout figs, than to be a fucking
asshole and curse the tree for being "designed" by god (a.k.a himself)
to not bear figs at this particular time of year.

> What is wrong with that?

Too many mouthes to feed. We can't afford one god, much less three.

--
Quibbler (quibbler247atyahoo.com)
"It is fashionable to wax apocalyptic about the

Eric Brze

Jun 22, 2006, 12:00:25 PM6/22/06
On 22 Jun 2006 04:59:44 -0700, "Truth Hunter"
<hunter...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.

It's a good lesson to all of us. To be a man of God, there are serious
responsibilities and consequences about what we say and do. Jesus only
cursed a fig tree. Peter killed two fellow Christians for keeping some
of their own money for themselves. If we are not careful, we risk
doing what we don't intend to do.

>God killed himself on the cross to save his own creation fro-m his own

bam

Jun 22, 2006, 12:31:46 PM6/22/06
You ain't no Jew you phony.

BAM

"Truth Hunter" <hunter...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The Fig Tree

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org

Bumper Sticker

DIVINE INSANITY
God killed himself on the cross to save his own creation froè¡« his own

Greywolf

Jun 22, 2006, 12:48:57 PM6/22/06

"Eric Brze" <br...@no.spam.mail.com> wrote in message

> On 22 Jun 2006 04:59:44 -0700, "Truth Hunter"
> <hunter...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.
>
> It's a good lesson to all of us. To be a man of God, there are serious
> responsibilities and consequences about what we say and do. Jesus only
> cursed a fig tree. Peter killed two fellow Christians for keeping some
> of their own money for themselves. If we are not careful, we risk
> doing what we don't intend to do.
>

>>The Fig Tree
>>
>>The next day..., Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in
>>leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he
>>found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then
>>he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again."
>>-- Mark 11:12-14
>>
>>... In the morning..., they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.
>>Peter ... said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree ... has withered!"
>>--Mark 20-21
>>

>>Facts:
>>Jesus was hungry.
>>He looked for fruits to eat on a fig tree.
>>But it was not fig season, but it was not season.
>>
>>Questions :
>>Who except an ignorant fool expect to find fruits in off season?

You're forgetting that Jesus was 'possessed'. He had multiple
'personalities'. He just couldn't remember *exactly* who he was.

>>Is killing a tree for not bearing fruit out of season a rational
>>response ??

Well, yeeeah. (Duh.) If you're a human possessed by a 'deity' who's crazy as
hell and forgets that you can't defy Mother Nature's 'laws' governing the
seasonal growing and ripening of fruit!

>>Is killing a tree just on a whim not anti environment act ??

Well, wasn't the cutting down of tree or two simply to crucify somebody
'anti-environment', as well? Let us be 'fair' to both sides here. We need to
provide a 'balanced, no-spin answer here.

He did not
>>know "green law" of Manu, prohibiting destruction of trees.
>>Why did he forget it was passover, springtime, is not fig season (Mk
>>11:13).
>>If the NT is as TRUE as Christians claim, then does not Jesus emerge as
>>a dolt?

Well one man's 'dolt' is another man's 'The Greatest (*Perfect*) Man Who
Ever Existed'. It's like beauty: It's in the eye of the beholder. But if
were to ask me, my man Jesus seems to have been having a child-like temper
tantrum here. I wonder if Mary Magdalene was being especially 'undevoted' at
the time.

pba...@worldonline.nl

Jun 22, 2006, 1:29:50 PM6/22/06

Truth Hunter schreef:

> NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.
>

> The Fig Tree
>
> The next day..., Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in
> leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he
> found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then
> he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again."
> -- Mark 11:12-14
>
> ... In the morning..., they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.
> Peter ... said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree ... has withered!"
> --Mark 20-21
>

> Facts:
> Jesus was hungry.
> He looked for fruits to eat on a fig tree.
> But it was not fig season, but it was not season.
>
> Questions :
> Who except an ignorant fool expect to find fruits in off season?
> Is killing a tree for not bearing fruit out of season a rational
> response ??
> Is killing a tree just on a whim not anti environment act ?? He did not
> know "green law" of Manu, prohibiting destruction of trees.
> Why did he forget it was passover, springtime, is not fig season (Mk
> 11:13).
> If the NT is as TRUE as Christians claim, then does not Jesus emerge as
> a dolt?

It's a very strange story indeed. What is it doing there?
It seems to have no connection with anything else in the Gospel.
I suppose it has something to do with his two visits to the temple.

Marc 11 verse 11: Jesus goes to the temple looks around and leaves.
Marc 11 verse 12-14: Jesus curses the fig-tree.
Marc 11 verse 15-18: Jesus sweeps the temple clean.

There must be some connection between the temple and the fig-tree,
but I can't see any!

Marc 11 verse 20 thru 26: The fig-trees is withered.
and jesus says if you act like you get what you pray for, you will
indeed get it.
(remember: In the lord's prayer people ask for forgivess like they
forgive others)

Still the connection with te temple is not clear.
Jesus got what he prayed for, but he doesn't benefit in any way.
Jesus cleaned out the temple
and what did he get: A band of robbers
Would that mean he felt coming what would happen on thursday-evening?

Gloomy stuff.
Actually a good stuff to make a movie from.
Jesus get's what he asks for:
Death.

Think I'll ask some Christians

Peter van Velzen
June 2006
Amstelveen
The Netherlands.

pba...@worldonline.nl

Jun 22, 2006, 1:42:18 PM6/22/06

pba...@worldonline.nl schreef:

<snip my own words>

> Think I'll ask some Christians

I did, this I find on the web:

Quote 1
=======

Why Did the Writers Have Jesus Curse the Fig Tree?

Bible writers believed that events prophesied in Scripture would be
fulfilled with the coming of Jesus, so they had Jesus' disappointment
with the fig tree be a metaphorical parable of his disappointment with
Israel. The prophecy on which the writers based the fig-tree cursing
incident is found in Jeremiah:

"I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no
grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves
will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them."
(Jeremiah 8:13 NIV)

The message from Jesus is, just as Jeremiah predicted, Israel's vine is
not yet ready to bear fruit for the Lord.

Quote 2.
======
1. In the symbolism of the Scriptures, a fruitless, withered tree was
worthy of nothing more than being cut down (cf. Psa. 90:6; Hos. 9:16).
"Withering" was a symbol of imminent death (Joel 1:12). In the
blasting of this fruitless fig tree, the Son of God was suggesting
this:
a. The nation, as a political entity, had become a worthless mechanism
in the sacred scheme of things. It thus was worthy of nothing but
destruction.
b. That destruction would shortly come (within forty years - A.D.
66-70) with the invasion of the land by the Roman armies (cf. Mt.
22:7ff; 24:15ff).
c. The punishment would be complete and final; the "tree" would be
dead from the very "roots" (Mk. 11:20).*

conclusion
========
This is very Gloomy indeed. Appearantly it;s not a fig-tree being
cursed,
but the Jewish nation. And again he get's what he asks for,
and is not happy with it.

(the web-pages conveniantly forget the words in Marc 11 verse 25-26)

David

Jun 22, 2006, 2:33:14 PM6/22/06

Truth Hunter wrote:
> NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.

No, you have simply missed the Messianic reference from earlier
prophets that Jesus is referring to here.

I still don't believe you actually read any replies to you posts Truth
Hunter, but since another of your posts really hit the nail on the head
the other day, I will go ahead and explain this one to you.

> The Fig Tree
>
> The next day..., Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in
> leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he
> found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then
> he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again."
> -- Mark 11:12-14
>
> ... In the morning..., they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.
> Peter ... said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree ... has withered!"
> --Mark 20-21
>

> Facts:
> Jesus was hungry.
> He looked for fruits to eat on a fig tree.
> But it was not fig season, but it was not season.
>
> Questions :
> Who except an ignorant fool expect to find fruits in off season?

I take it you have never raised a fig tree Truth Hunter? I had one for
years. The season to actually pick figs is preceeded by a time when the
leaves and "pre-figs" grow on the tree. These young pre-figs aren't
great, but they are edible. If there are no pre-figs, then the tree is
barren and will not normally produce figs later.

> Is killing a tree for not bearing fruit out of season a rational
> response ??

This is a prophetic sign. Fig trees are a symbol of expectation, and
withering is a symbol of judgement.

> Is killing a tree just on a whim not anti environment act ??

Why would anyone 2000 years ago care about what the Sierra Club thinks
now?

> He did not
> know "green law" of Manu, prohibiting destruction of trees.

Does it prohibit destruction of barrent trees?

> Why did he forget it was passover, springtime, is not fig season (Mk
> 11:13).

As I mentioned above, you would expect the pre-figs to be there.

> If the NT is as TRUE as Christians claim, then does not Jesus emerge as
> a dolt?

He does not, but you do emerge as unknowledgable about the Old
Testament.

Jeremiah 8:13 I will surely consume them, saith the LORD: there shall
be no grapes on the vine, nor figs on the fig tree, and the leaf shall
fade; and the things that I have given them shall pass away from them.

wbarwell

Jun 22, 2006, 3:09:57 PM6/22/06
Greywolf wrote:

> Well one man's 'dolt' is another man's 'The Greatest (Perfect) Man Who

> Ever Existed'. It's like beauty: It's in the eye of the beholder. But if
> were to ask me, my man Jesus seems to have been having a child-like temper
> tantrum here. I wonder if Mary Magdalene was being especially 'undevoted'
> at the time.

Jesus was an idiot.
I would have been more impressed if he had waved his
hand and said "Let there be figs". And had he gotten figs
the next day. Wonder whose fig tree it was?

Do remember that Jesus is supposedly god too,
to trinitarians. That makes god out to be a dolt also.

One of my fave anti-trinitarian observations.
Hey dumbass, make us everbearing figs, alright?
Then you wouldn't have gone hungry! Idiot!

--

Reason is the Devil's greatest whore; by nature and
manner of being she is a noxious whore; she is a

Cheerful Charlie

AnonMoos

Jun 22, 2006, 4:05:42 PM6/22/06
At least he didn't kill anybody, like Muhammad frequently did,
Ya Aba Truthhunter!

--
&#1575;&#1604;&#1605;&#1578;&#1576;&#1585;&#1580;&#1577; &#1582;&#1610;&#1585;
&#1605;&#1606; &#1575;&#1604;&#1573;&#1585;&#1607;&#1575;&#1576;&#1610;

mariner

Jun 22, 2006, 10:50:32 AM6/22/06

[...]

If you were to think a little deeper then you would understand that it was a
parable, Probably referring to the islamic faith.....

jcon

Jun 22, 2006, 6:07:22 PM6/22/06

So when Jesus says something you agree with, he was wise, and
when he says something silly, he was misquoted. Do I have that
about right?

-jc

alt

Jun 22, 2006, 7:20:42 PM6/22/06
"David" <davec...@earthlink.net> wrote in news:1151001194.346901.83760
@r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Truth Hunter wrote:
>> NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.

>> Facts:

>> Jesus was hungry.
>> He looked for fruits to eat on a fig tree.
>> But it was not fig season, but it was not season.
>>
>> Questions :
>> Who except an ignorant fool expect to find fruits in off season?
>
> I take it you have never raised a fig tree Truth Hunter? I had one for
> years. The season to actually pick figs is preceeded by a time when the
> leaves and "pre-figs" grow on the tree. These young pre-figs aren't
> great, but they are edible. If there are no pre-figs, then the tree is
> barren and will not normally produce figs later.

It's always nice to have a real-world reference to something biblical.
Thank you for the insight.

It's like reading "A Shepherd looks at Psalm 23" by W. Phillip Keller. The
insight of an actual shepherd into that psalm is really amazing. Makes
things very clear.

bob young

Jun 23, 2006, 12:25:01 AM6/23/06

Truth Hunter wrote:

> NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.
>
> The Fig Tree
>
> The next day..., Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in
> leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he
> found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then
> he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again."
> -- Mark 11:12-14
>
> ... In the morning..., they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.
> Peter ... said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree ... has withered!"
> --Mark 20-21

Primitive mytholoigy, not worth a momentsfurther consideration.

Try reading Harry Potter,
at least the 'magic' in there is up to date !

bob young

Jun 23, 2006, 12:31:02 AM6/23/06

Eric Brze wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2006 04:59:44 -0700, "Truth Hunter"
> <hunter...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.
>
> It's a good lesson to all of us. To be a man of God, there are serious
> responsibilities and consequences about what we say and do. Jesus only
> cursed a fig tree. Peter killed two fellow Christians for keeping some
> of their own money for themselves. If we are not careful, we risk
> doing what we don't intend to do.

You fools are engrossed in what you consider to be 'facts' whilst a moments
cogent thought plus a tad of common sense will reveal that your are simply
wasting your life groveling to early mythology.

The stories in the bible were written at least a generation later
,therefore any 'verbatim' claims are simply nonsense. What you are
involved in are the imaginings of early humans.

A bit pathetic -what ?

Bob

Gen.7:21-22
God drowns all children (except for Noah's) in
a flood.

Gen.19:24
God kills all the children of Sodom and
Gomorrah.

Gen.22:2
God tells Abraham to kill his son for a burnt
offering.

Stories by early humans FOR early humans
designed to impress.

[Well, some of us anyway!]

BrentB

Jun 23, 2006, 10:04:11 AM6/23/06

I tend to believe many who wrote the NT wanted to give Jesus magical
powers to show he was the messiah and some writers probably even
embellished abit (this sounds like one). His magic was not about
killing trees or bringing dead folks back to life.

BrentB

Jun 23, 2006, 10:10:02 AM6/23/06

bob young wrote:
> Eric Brze wrote:
>
> > On 22 Jun 2006 04:59:44 -0700, "Truth Hunter"
> > <hunter...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.
> >
> > It's a good lesson to all of us. To be a man of God, there are serious
> > responsibilities and consequences about what we say and do. Jesus only
> > cursed a fig tree. Peter killed two fellow Christians for keeping some
> > of their own money for themselves. If we are not careful, we risk
> > doing what we don't intend to do.
>
> You fools are engrossed in what you consider to be 'facts' whilst a moments
> cogent thought plus a tad of common sense will reveal that your are simply
> wasting your life groveling to early mythology.
>
> The stories in the bible were written at least a generation later
> ,therefore any 'verbatim' claims are simply nonsense. What you are
> involved in are the imaginings of early humans.
>
> A bit pathetic -what ?
>
> Bob

so we have nothing to learn from our ancestors and the myths (stories
of life) they wrote?

BrentB

Jun 23, 2006, 10:19:43 AM6/23/06

bob young wrote:
> Truth Hunter wrote:
>
> > NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.
> >
> > The Fig Tree
> >
> > The next day..., Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in
> > leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he
> > found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then
> > he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again."
> > -- Mark 11:12-14
> >
> > ... In the morning..., they saw the fig tree withered from the roots.
> > Peter ... said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree ... has withered!"
> > --Mark 20-21
>
> Primitive mytholoigy, not worth a momentsfurther consideration.
>
> Try reading Harry Potter,
> at least the 'magic' in there is up to date !

Interesting that the myths are very similar.
What killed "he who must not be named"?

the love of his mother...

All myths are worth considering.

bob young

Jun 24, 2006, 1:23:02 AM6/24/06

BrentB wrote:

Oh of course we can learn from our ancestors, we can pick and chose the things
which may be applied today and those that are outdated.

What has this to do with being 'a man of god' ?

The fact we are chock full of instincts that go way back to the time of our
early ancestors is very much glossed over. The 'clubbing' instinct for one
effects us in a similar manner today as it did when we clubbed together in the
forest for safety, a bit like the orangutans do today. They have not got around
to inventing a god yet.

My definition of a religion - a club for like minded people that has an
imaginary Chairman in the sky.

bob
humanist Brit.

bass

Jun 23, 2006, 4:57:01 PM6/23/06

>My definition of a religion - a club for like minded people that has an
>imaginary Chairman in the sky.

At least you had the wisdom to acknowledge that it is indeed YOUR
definition.

bam

Jun 25, 2006, 12:26:42 AM6/25/06

"Truth Hunter" <hunter...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
NT depict Jesus as being very ill-tempered and rude.

And hurtful?

BAM

bob young

Jun 26, 2006, 2:20:01 AM6/26/06

bass wrote:

Indeed 'tis,
do you go along with it though?

bass

Jun 26, 2006, 4:49:19 AM6/26/06
On 26 Jun 2006 01:20:01 -0500, bob young <alasp...@netvigator.com>
wrote:

No :-)

zen gnostic

Jun 26, 2006, 11:41:53 AM6/26/06

bob young wrote:
> BrentB wrote:
>
> > bob young wrote:

> > > You fools are engrossed in what you consider to be 'facts' whilst a moments
> > > cogent thought plus a tad of common sense will reveal that your are simply
> > > wasting your life groveling to early mythology.
> > >
> > > The stories in the bible were written at least a generation later
> > > ,therefore any 'verbatim' claims are simply nonsense. What you are
> > > involved in are the imaginings of early humans.
> > >
> > > A bit pathetic -what ?
> > >
> > > Bob
> > >

> > so we have nothing to learn from our ancestors and the myths (stories
> > of life) they wrote?
>
> Oh of course we can learn from our ancestors, we can pick and chose the things
> which may be applied today and those that are outdated.

The ones I read are as true then as they are today. These are truths
that stand the test of time.

> What has this to do with being 'a man of god' ?

What do you think these stories teach us?

> The fact we are chock full of instincts that go way back to the time of our
> early ancestors is very much glossed over. The 'clubbing' instinct for one
> effects us in a similar manner today as it did when we clubbed together in the
> forest for safety, a bit like the orangutans do today. They have not got around
> to inventing a god yet.

hmmm....god invented man or man invented god. complex and interesting
topic. Can humanity create a *real god*. my guess nope.

> My definition of a religion - a club for like minded people that has an
> imaginary Chairman in the sky.
>
> bob
> humanist Brit.

That imaginary chairman guides them, that's why they are like minded.

bob young

Jun 27, 2006, 1:04:01 AM6/27/06

zen gnostic wrote:

If you mean the Ten commandments - they are primitive rules written by early man, try
using them in todays complicated legal system, as they say "you will be laughed out
of Court"

nothing primitive can even begin to stand the tst of time. examples ?

> > What has this to do with being 'a man of god' ?
>
> What do you think these stories teach us?

to remove our blinkers and look around at today's world

> > The fact we are chock full of instincts that go way back to the time of our
> > early ancestors is very much glossed over. The 'clubbing' instinct for one
> > effects us in a similar manner today as it did when we clubbed together in the
> > forest for safety, a bit like the orangutans do today. They have not got around
> > to inventing a god yet.
>
> hmmm....god invented man or man invented god. complex and interesting
> topic. Can humanity create a *real god*. my guess nope.

Agreed, it cannot and there are no gods

> > My definition of a religion - a club for like minded people that has an
> > imaginary Chairman in the sky.
> >
> > bob
> > humanist Brit.
>
> That imaginary chairman guides them, that's why they are like minded.

I find that rather banal to be lead by something imaginary