Some of Obama's misstatements

Jason

May 9, 2011, 3:28:36 PM5/9/11
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/21/barack-obama-gaffe-machine/

Barack Obama: Gaffe machine
By Michelle Malkin  €  May 21, 2008 07:43 AM

All it takes is one gaffe to taint a Republican for life. The political
establishment never let Dan Quayle live down his fateful misspelling of
łpotatoe.˛ The New York Times distorted and misreported the first
President Bushąs questions about new scanner technology at a grocersą
convention to brand him permanently as out of touch.

But what about Barack Obama? The guyąs a perpetual gaffe machine. Let us
count the ways, large and small, that his tongue has betrayed him
throughout the campaign:

* Last May, he claimed that Kansas tornadoes killed a whopping 10,000
people: łIn case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas.
Ten thousand people died ‹ an entire town destroyed.˛ The actual death
toll: 12.
*Earlier this month in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States:
łOver the last 15 months, weąve traveled to every corner of the United
States. Iąve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.˛
*Last week, in front of a roaring Sioux Falls, South Dakota audience,
Obama exulted: łThank you Sioux CityŠI said it wrong. Iąve been in Iowa
for too long. Iąm sorry.˛
*Explaining last week why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky,
Obama again botched basic geography: łSen. Clinton, I think, is much
better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So itąs not
surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the
middle.˛ On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?
*Obama has as much trouble with numbers as he has with maps. Last March,
on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Alabama, he
claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights
movement:
łThere was something stirring across the country because of what happened
in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a
bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.˛
Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965. His spokesman,
Bill Burton, later explained that Obama was łspeaking metaphorically about
the civil rights movement as a whole.˛
*Earlier this month in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Obama showed off his
knowledge of the war in Afghanistan by honing in on a lack of translators:
łWe only have a certain number of them and if they are all in Iraq, then
itąs harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.˛ The real reason itąs
łharder for us to use them˛ in Afghanistan: Iraqis speak Arabic or
Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.
*Over the weekend in Oregon, Obama pleaded ignorance of the decades-old,
multi-billion-dollar massive Hanford nuclear waste clean-up:
łHereąs something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is
that Iąm not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I donąt know
exactly whatąs going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I
promise you Iąll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back
to the airport.˛
I assume on that ride, a staffer reminded him that heąs voted on at least
one defense authorization bill that addressed the łcosts, schedules, and
technical issues˛ dealing with the nationąs most contaminated nuclear
waste site.
*Last March, the Chicago Tribune reported this little-noticed nugget about
a fake autobiographical detail in Obamaąs łDreams from My Father:˛
łThen, thereąs the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his racial
awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote, was an article and two accompanying
photographs of an African-American man physically and mentally scarred by
his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life article and the
photographs donąt exist, say the magazineąs own historians.˛
* And in perhaps the most seriously troubling set of gaffes of them all,
Obama told a Portland crowd over the weekend that Iran doesnąt łpose a
serious threat to us˛­cluelessly arguing that łtiny countries˛ with small
defense budgets canąt do us harm­ and then promptly flip-flopped the next
day, claiming, łIąve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is
grave.˛
Barack Obama­promoted by the Left and the media as an all-knowing,
articulate, transcendent Messiah­is a walking, talking gaffe machine. How
many more passes does he get? How many more can we afford?

Dakota

May 9, 2011, 3:40:25 PM5/9/11
On Mon 5/9/11 14:28, Jason wrote:
> http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/21/barack-obama-gaffe-machine/
>

> Barack Obama: Gaffe machine
> By Michelle Malkin € May 21, 2008 07:43 AM

I guess with the birther nonsense over, all you've got left is a lame
story from 2008. You even had to stoop low enough to drudge up something
written by the idiot Michelle Malkin.

Jason

May 9, 2011, 3:56:24 PM5/9/11
In article <OYmdnWbb3a6...@giganews.com>, Dakota
<ma...@NOSPAMmail.com> wrote:

Obama is the person that made the misstatements.

Mitchell Holman

May 9, 2011, 5:27:11 PM5/9/11
Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote in

None of which hold a candle to the Grand Master
of Misstatements.........

"The legislature's job is to write law. It's
the executive branch's job to interpret law."
George Bush, 11/22/00

"These budget numbers are not just estimates;
these are the actual results for the fiscal year
that ended February the 30th."
George Bush, Oct 12, 2006

"I was a small oil person for a while in west Texas."
George Bush, Oct 3, 2000

"The slaves who left Africa to go to America, because
of their steadfast and their religion and their belief
in freedom, helped change America"
George Bush, July 18,2003

"You work three jobs? Uniquely American, isn't it? I
mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that."
George Bush talking to Mary Morin, a divorced mother
of three, Omaha Nebraska, Feb 9 2005

"You fucking son of a bitch. I saw what you wrote.
We're not going to forget this."
-George W. Bush to writer and editor Al Hunt, in
front of his wife and kids, 1988

"I want you to know that farmers are not going to
be secondary thoughts to a Bush administration. They
will be in the forethought of our thinking."
George Bush, Salinas, Calif., Aug. 10, 2000

"Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"
George W Bush, Concord, N.H., Jan. 29, 2000

"We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold
this nation hostile or hold our allies hostile.''
George Bush, Aug 21, 2000

"I think we agree, the past is over."
George Bush, May 10, 2000

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's Nelson Mandela?'
Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all
the Mandelas."
George W. Bush, on the former South African
president who is still very much alive, Sept. 20, 2007

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."
George Bush, Sep. 23, 2002

"I would work with Gov. Jeb Bush to support an offshore
drilling ban in Florida."
George Bush, August 1999

"All crimes are hate crimes"
George Bush, 5/12/99. He failed to explain whether
the offenses HE was arrested for were "hate crimes".

"Every judicial nominee deserves an up or down vote."
George Bush, 2005 SOTU, just after bypassing the Senate
and installing William Pryor and Charles Pickering to
federal judgeships via the recess appointment system.

"I believe government cannot provide affordable
health care"
George Bush, July 23, 2007, after having an
operation paid for by the government.

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W Bush, Jan. 27, 2000

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so
are we. They never stop thinking about ways to harm
our country and our people and neither do we."
George Bush, Aug 5 2004

"You teach a child to read and he or
her will be able to pass a literacy test."
George Bush, February 21, 2001 -

"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job."
George Bush, 9/02/05

When asked what was his favorite children's book was when
he was growing up, Bush named "The Very Hungry Catepillar",
by Eric Carle. Which was first published in 1969, a year
after Bush graduated from Yale.

"I feel like God wants me to run for President. I
can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to
need me. Something is going to happen... I know it
won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to
do it."
George Bush to James Robison, 2000

"Do you have blacks, too?"
George Bush, to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso,
Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't
develop weapons of mass destruction."
George Bush, Oct 3 2003

"I trust God speaks through me."
George Bush, July 9, 2004

"If you're sick and tired of the politics of cynicism
and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."
George W Bush, Hilton Head, S.C., Feb. 16, 2000

"I was sitting there, and my Chief of Staff -- well, first
of all, when we walked into the classroom, I had seen this
plane fly into the first building. There was a TV set on..."
George Bush, Jan 5, 2002. In fact there was no coverage of
the first plane hitting the WTC because no one expected it.

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed
one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times."
George Bush, in a history lesson that omits the unpleasant
reality of Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima, and the whole Second
World War. 2/18/02.

"From the day of our founding, we have proclaimed that
every man and woman on this earth has rights, and dignity,
and matchless value, because they bear the image of the
maker of heaven and earth."
George Bush, 1/20/05, ignorant of the history of official
sexism and racism in the US, not to mention slavery.

"Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of "Hop on Pop."
George Bush, Penn. State University, April 2, 2002

Starbuck

May 9, 2011, 5:35:46 PM5/9/11

I could fill an ocean with all the misstatements from GWB like this
beauty:
"Seldom is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

Or how about this one:

Q: But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't
truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?
GWB: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't
necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And,
again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly
am not that concerned about him.
George W. Bush -March 13, 2002

Now go on Jason, tell me all about how GWB deserves credit for OBL's
death.

*$

Syd M.

May 9, 2011, 6:21:16 PM5/9/11
On May 9, 3:56 pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> In article <OYmdnWbb3a6C3lXQ4p2d...@giganews.com>, Dakota

Like we'll believe a bigot like you.

PDW

Dakota

May 9, 2011, 7:05:22 PM5/9/11
Like I said. That's all you've got. And it ain't much. You want some
misstatements?

I searched Amazon for "bushism" and got 112 hits.

Showing 1 - 16 of 112 Results

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bushism&x=0&y=0

I chose Amazon because I didn't want to overload Google.

Davej

May 9, 2011, 7:53:01 PM5/9/11
On May 9, 1:28 pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:

> All it takes is one gaffe to taint a Republican for life.

Yeah, and they never stop at just one.

Jeanne Douglas

May 9, 2011, 8:17:59 PM5/9/11
In article <Jason-09051...@67-150-169-7.lsan.mdsg-pacwest.com>,
Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:

Name we one person in the history of the world that never made verbal
gaffes.

--
JD

"the lybian lier"

James Dale Guckert

May 9, 2011, 9:40:22 PM5/9/11

Three years old, to boot.

--
JDG

Andre Lieven

May 9, 2011, 10:12:46 PM5/9/11
On May 9, 3:28 pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> http://michellemalkin.com/2008/05/21/barack-obama-gaffe-machine/
>
> Barack Obama: Gaffe machine
> By Michelle Malkin  €  May 21, 2008 07:43 AM

Bwahahahah ! Now, JTard is 'citing' the insane and fact
challenged Michelle (Mad) Malkin.

http://www.sadlyno.com/archives/9602.html

JTard, get professional mental health care now. You
clearly need it, in your pathetic and insane attempts to
try to make YOUR racism and bigotry appear OK.

Andre

Jason

May 10, 2011, 3:00:24 AM5/10/11
In article <o5ngs6pa5ugbnsd48...@4ax.com>, Starbuck
<Star...@BogusDomain.com> wrote:

The Navy Seal Team deserves that credit.

The liberal news media told us all about Bush's misstatements but they
always ignore Obama's many misstatements. Obama appears to me to be as
stupid as Bush.

Tim McGaughy

May 10, 2011, 9:21:48 AM5/10/11

And some of those, ferinstance the '57 states, 1 to go' statement, were
obviously jokes.

Andre Lieven

May 10, 2011, 10:16:57 AM5/10/11
On May 10, 3:00 am, JT...@hugebigot.nut (Jason) bullshat:
> In article <o5ngs6pa5ugbnsd48feor38ub74btuj...@4ax.com>, Starbuck

> <Starb...@BogusDomain.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, 09 May 2011 12:56:24 -0700, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:

> > >Obama is the person that made the misstatements.
>
> > I could fill an ocean with all the misstatements from GWB like this
> > beauty:
> > "Seldom is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
>
> > Or how about this one:
>
> > Q: But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't
> > truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?
> >  GWB: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't
> > necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And,
> > again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly
> > am not that concerned about him.
> > George W. Bush -March 13, 2002
>
> > Now go on Jason, tell me all about how GWB deserves credit for OBL's
> > death.
>
> > *$
>
> The Navy Seal Team deserves that credit.

Who approved the plan and gave the order to go in ?

> The liberal news media told us all about Bush's misstatements but they
> always ignore Obama's many misstatements.

-That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed
without evidence.-

Hey moron, there are whole BOOKS of Bush's frequent
verbal shittings:

http://www.amazon.com/George-W-Bushisms-Ways-Country/dp/0743276892/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305036692&sr=1-5

That one's volume FIVE...

> Obama appears to me to be as stupid as Bush.

No one cares, since you appear to be as much of a willfully
ignorant BIGOT as David Duke.

You are a contemptible person in every way. You are a
bigot, you are willfully ignorant, and you insist on making
many claims despite the huge width and breadth of your
ignorance.

You are a fool, of your own making. Your claims and
view count for nothing, save as further examples of your
own insistent foolishness.

Your death would increase the average IQ of your
country...

Andre

MarkA

May 10, 2011, 1:47:36 PM5/10/11

GW had that whole "country bumpkin" thing going. He tried to be as folksy
as Reagan was, but couldn't pull it off.

--
MarkA
Keeper of Things Put There Only Just The Night Before

Colanth

May 10, 2011, 2:33:26 PM5/10/11
On Tue, 10 May 2011 13:47:36 -0400, MarkA <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>GW had that whole "country bumpkin" thing going. He tried to be as folksy
>as Reagan was, but couldn't pull it off.

He actually took lessons to learn to speak "bubba".
--
"The whole religious complexion of the modern world is due to the
absence from Jerusalem of a lunatic asylum." - Henry Havelock Ellis