Dine-In Restaurants Are An Unnecessary And Insane Luxury During COVID

Intelligent Party

May 30, 2020, 2:38:15 AM5/30/20
Why not just eat it in the car?

A total forbearance/stay on all debt and rent during COVID and + one year after
COVID is over, is a far better plan to ensure businesses do not fold, nor perish
from the face of America.

Intelligent Party

May 30, 2020, 2:46:28 AM5/30/20

New debt and rent ought not be subject to such forbearance.

Every man, woman, and child, also deserve, desire, and demand $1,250 per month
during COVID, and for one year after COVID is over.

The above is necessary that the American people, and the U.S. economy survive.

Dependents ought to get their payments directly, akin to child support.

This will be $5 Trillion into the National Debt, yearly. This does not matter. A
Fiscal Expansion is in order. When Congress sells the Bonds to spend, it would be
effecting a countering equal monetary contraction. But the Fed will buy the
bonds, and lend to Congress, keeping the interest rate low. The other side of an
expansion (fiscal or monetary), is inflation, which is not the problem/concern
right now. An economic boom, and coincident inflation of the Consumer Price Index
and Stock Market (inflation of Price to Book Values), is not our concern right now.

This ought merely be an "Economic Pause," and not become a Great Depression. It's
not going to be a Recession. It's going to be one of the other two. We want an
Economic Pause. We don't want a Great Depression.

A clear and present danger is obvious. COVID has claimed 100,000 lives in 2
months. This is annualized to 600,000 deaths per year, if not more. This is more
than the 400,000 who die to cigarettes yearly.

A clear and present danger is obvious. Congress cannot buy the Stealth Bomber,
and let they U.S. economy collapse and the American people loose their homes and
livelihoods, and say it has any business protecting America.

COVID may last several more months, or persist into perpetuity until a vaccine or
cure comes to be. This is likely to be 1-2 years. For analysis, it all depends
on how many days it takes to recover and stop being contagious. The quarantine
either reduces the number of cases daily, if the daily infection rate is lower
than the daily recovery rate, or it holds them steady, or merely tempers the
spread if the daily infection rate is higher than the daily recovery rate. The
U.S. total daily infection rate is about 2% (% New Cases of Active Cases = 20,000
new cases daily on 1,000,000 active cases). Before the quarantine the daily
infection rate was 25%. If it takes 30 days to recover, the recovery rate is
100/30 = 3.33%. Texas' infection rate is currently about 6%. The number of cases
will only grow. New York's infection rate is currently about .60%, the disease
will be beat in several or many months. And California, and the U.S. as a whole's
infection rate are both currently about 2%, - closer to holding the total number
of Active Cases steady, but ultimately declining. If it takes 60 days to recover,
the daily recovery rate is 100/60 = 1.67%, and we're more screwed. If it takes 15
days to recover, the daily recovery rate is 100/15 = 6.67%, and even Texas may
prevail. We haven't seen so many reported recoveries. Greenland was 100% clean
of the virus as 11 cases recovered 6 weeks ago. On Saturday, May 23rd Greenland
just got one new case. Del Norte County, California's most North West County had
all 4 cases recovered one week ago, and in the last week had 15 new cases.

Let me remind everyone, that without the quarantine but everyone just doing their
normal activities, the Daily New Infection Rate was 25%. At 25%, in three days
the total number of cases doubles. In seven days it quintuples. In 10 days it is
times 10. In 20 days, times 100, in 30 days times 1,000, and in two months times
1,000,000, or terminal. 333 cases becomes 333,000,000 cases in 60 days at a 25%
daily infection rate, and this is what was going on before the Quarantine. We
don't want to return to anything like this and overwhelm our hospitals. Even with
more personal protective equipment, testing, and awareness, an increase to 10%-15%
with States supposedly opening would be disastrous. It's time for Congress to
step in.

JWS

May 30, 2020, 2:57:51 AM5/30/20
Restaurants are the gas chambers of the 21st century.

Ivan The Terrible

May 30, 2020, 10:27:21 AM5/30/20
Mind your own business.

Phantom_View

May 30, 2020, 9:49:07 PM5/30/20
On Fri, 29 May 2020 23:38:24 -0700, Intelligent Party
<Intel...@savetheworldmsn.com> wrote:

>Why not just eat it in the car?

Ummmmmm ... kind of lacks something .........

>A total forbearance/stay on all debt and rent during COVID and + one year after
>COVID is over, is a far better plan to ensure businesses do not fold, nor perish
>from the face of America.

There is NO way to support that, not even close. Even
the 30 days broke a LOT of businesses and used up
the rainy-day cash reserves for even a lot of the largest
businesses. And the USA in general ... look up "national
debt" why don't you ?

I think you are hoping for some kind of communism -
which in this case would entail govt thugs forcing
slave labor at gunpoint. Piss on that Stalinist bullshit.

Oh, the slave labor means you do NOT get to hide
in your house - you will be ordered to the mines or
whatever and who cares if you get a virus. Nobody
sues the state in a commie system, you do what
the State TELLS you to do, WHEN they tell you to
do it, HOW they tell you to do it ... and if you bitch
you just disappear in the night.

Hey, maybe you imagine you will be selected for the
well-fed ruling elite ? Sorry, but if you are posting here
you are NOT "elite" material. Off to the coal mine
with you ........

Byker

May 31, 2020, 9:46:01 PM5/31/20
"Phantom_View" wrote in message

On Fri, 29 May 2020 23:38:24 -0700, Intelligent Party
<Intel...@savetheworldmsn.com> wrote:

>>Why not just eat it in the car?
>
> Ummmmmm ... kind of lacks something .........

Just think of all the millions of gallons of gas being burned up in
drive-thru lines.

I went past a Starbucks the other day and I noticed their drive-thru line
went around the building, out of the parking lot, and halfway down the
block. 37 cars total...

Phantom_View

Jun 1, 2020, 10:59:07 PM6/1/20
On Sun, 31 May 2020 20:45:54 -0500, "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

>"Phantom_View" wrote in message
>
>On Fri, 29 May 2020 23:38:24 -0700, Intelligent Party
><Intel...@savetheworldmsn.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Why not just eat it in the car?
>>
>> Ummmmmm ... kind of lacks something .........
>
>Just think of all the millions of gallons of gas being burned up in
>drive-thru lines.
>
>I went past a Starbucks the other day and I noticed their drive-thru line
>went around the building, out of the parking lot, and halfway down the
>block. 37 cars total...

Interesting perspective ... lockdowns = global warming ! :-)

Oh well, looks like the lockdowns are history, for better
or worse. The public has rebelled against them. There
are only a few smallish places where lockdowns are
still the better way to go for the next couple of weeks.

An odd thing about this virus ... while the national new-infection
rate remains fairly constant the DEATHS have nosed sharply
down. There are several possible explainations but I am not
really sure why.

Byker

Jun 2, 2020, 5:53:33 PM6/2/20

> An odd thing about this virus ... while the national new-infection
> rate remains fairly constant the DEATHS have nosed sharply
> down. There are several possible explainations but I am not
> really sure why.

Maybe the virus has mutated into a more benign form...

LinuxGal

Jun 2, 2020, 8:25:59 PM6/2/20
That's what Italy is saying. Then again, review 1918.
Three waves. We just had the first one.

--
Linux Geeks: Smart. Single. Sexy.
Well, two out of three ain't bad!