Re: GOP "Blindsided" By Trump Convention Threat

a322x1n

May 27, 2020, 7:44:49 AM5/27/20
NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote in
news:m9jscfdva0taa8u2r...@4ax.com:

> On Tue, 26 May 2020 10:25:04 -0500, "Lee" <cle...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Trump leaves GOP "completely blindsided" with
>>threat to pull RNC convention out of North
>>Carolina
>>May 26
>>
>>One of President Donald Trump's many targets
>>on Memorial Day Weekend has been North Carolina
>>Gov. Roy Cooper, who he says is moving too
>>slowly on the state's reopening. Railing against
>>Cooper on Twitter, Trump threatened to pull the
>>2020 Republican National Conventional out of
>>Charlotte — and CNN is reporting that Republicans
>>involved in the planning of the convention were
>>"completely blindsided" by Trump's threat.
>>
>>Trump tweeted, "Unfortunately, Democrat Governor,
>>@RoyCooperNC is still in Shutdown mood & unable
>>to guarantee that by August we will be allowed
>>full attendance in the Arena. In other words,
>>we would be spending millions of dollars building
>>the Arena to a very high standard without even
>>knowing if the Democrat Governor would allow the
>>Republican Party to fully occupy the space."
>>
>>The president also asserted that Republicans
>>planning to attend the Republican National
>>Convention "must be immediately given an answer
>>by the Governor as to whether or not the space
>>will be allowed to be fully occupied."
>>
>>"If not, we will be reluctantly forced to find,
>>with all of the jobs and economic development
>>it brings, another Republican National Convention
>>site," Trump tweeted. "This is not something I
>>want to do. Thank you, and I LOVE the people of
>>North Carolina!"
>>
>>https://www.salon.com/2020/05/26/trump-leaves-gop-completely-blindsided
>>- with-threat-to-pull-rnc-convention-out-of-north-carolina/
>>
> Oh look, Lying Lee posts another "sources say" = bs story.

I have no problem with thousands of Republicans on a packed convention
floor for hours on end, with poor air circulation, shouting and singing,
and no masks.

Do you?

NoBody

May 28, 2020, 7:20:57 AM5/28/20
Given how overblown the virus has been, it must scare libs that
Republicans would dare show that it's not terrible to gather. Dems
want people hiding in their basements.

JWS

May 28, 2020, 7:29:33 AM5/28/20
Are you going to be there?

Christopher A. Lee

May 28, 2020, 7:46:45 AM5/28/20
On Thu, 28 May 2020 04:29:31 -0700 (PDT), JWS <jld...@skybeam.com>
wrote:
What is it withese deliberately nasty, button-pushing liars?

Siri Cruise

May 28, 2020, 8:03:16 AM5/28/20
In article
<a462493b-01c0-4142...@googlegroups.com>,
His dog ate his admission ticket.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

a322x1n

May 28, 2020, 1:24:02 PM5/28/20
NoBody <NoB...@nowhere.com> wrote in
Once again, no one has any problem with thousands of Republicans and
conservatives on a packed convention floor, sort of like New Orleans
did during Mardi Gras, remember? It certainly worked out fine for
Louisana, why wouldn't it work out for Republicans and conservatives?
As the saying goes, "Have a nut!"

Note: No kidding, a nice "super carrier" event, it brings tears to
my eyes. Go Republicans!!!

Malcolm McMahon

May 28, 2020, 1:59:21 PM5/28/20
Yes, they are likely to infect real people.

But I can see why Trump is running scared of not being able to hold these
Nuremberg style rallies.

Jack Shit

May 28, 2020, 2:35:48 PM5/28/20
You call them that because people actually show up for them?

Malcolm McMahon

May 29, 2020, 3:41:27 AM5/29/20
Ever seen film of Hitler's rallies? The oratorial techinques, the mood of the
crowd. I think Hitler was better at it, to be honest, but Trump is pretty
effective. He reaches straight past your reason for your animal self.

Siri Cruise

May 29, 2020, 8:29:45 AM5/29/20
In article <part1of1.1.0...@ue.ph>,
Malcolm McMahon <mal...@theriomorph.me.uk> wrote:

> He reaches straight past your reason for your animal self.

No. He doesn't. I know him for what he is.

He owns the souls of a minority of americans, but not the ones,
like military officers, you need to start a successful
dictatorship. Not a Hitler but a Hitler Lite.

Jack Shit

May 29, 2020, 9:37:40 AM5/29/20
On Fri, 29 May 2020 07:41:24 -0000 (UTC), Malcolm McMahon
I see excited people, just like what you see at a democrapper
convention.

Malcolm McMahon

Jun 2, 2020, 5:01:29 AM6/2/20
Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>In article <part1of1.1.0...@ue.ph>,
> Malcolm McMahon <mal...@theriomorph.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> He reaches straight past your reason for your animal self.
>
>No. He doesn't. I know him for what he is.
>
>He owns the souls of a minority of americans, but not the ones,
>like military officers, you need to start a successful
>dictatorship. Not a Hitler but a Hitler Lite.

The saving grace is that he doesn't have Hitler's youth and energy. Becoming
president was just a game to him, an ultimate demostration of salesmanship.

Don't think he really wanted to be elected, he'd rather have been the victim of
conspiricies.

Gronk

Jun 4, 2020, 2:05:26 AM6/4/20
Malcolm McMahon wrote:
> Jack Shit <ne...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 May 2020 17:59:18 -0000 (UTC), Malcolm McMahon
>> <mal...@theriomorph.me.uk> wrote:
http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/07/donald-ivana-trump-divorce-prenup-marie-brenner

Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her
lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of
Hitler’s collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by
his bed. Kennedy now guards a copy of My New Order in a closet at his
office, as if it were a grenade. Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest
days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability
as a master propagandist.

“Did your cousin John give you the Hitler speeches?” I asked Trump.

Trump hesitated. “Who told you that?”

“I don’t remember,” I said.

“Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy
of Mein Kampf, and he’s a Jew.” (“I did give him a book about Hitler,”
Marty Davis said. “But it was My New Order, Hitler’s speeches, not Mein
Kampf. I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I’m
not Jewish.”)

Later, Trump returned to this subject. “If I had these speeches, and I am
not saying that I do, I would never read them.”