What do atheists believe?

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 7:53:22 AM3/6/10
What do atheists believe?

For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
props; "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.

The atheist's "magical prop" arguments are grounded on a gloomy,
supernatural kitsch that is taken straight from Christian Halloween and
modern western stage magic.

That is why we find atheism's arguments abound with mocking references
to "pixies", "tooth-fairies", "unicorns", "lies", "deceptions", "smoke
and mirrors" and other magical references that tiresomely track
Christian Halloween and the efforts of Houdini and David Blaine.

Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda should bring some welcome news to
the Christian. But until that empty Christian agenda is rejected, the
atheist who claims to set himself against Christianity cannot be taken
seriously.

Zinnic

Mar 6, 2010, 8:38:50 AM3/6/10

A more difficult question to answer is "What does John Jones believe?
He uses words as smoke and mirrors props to disguise his abiding
cynicism. Cynicism, I suspect, that extends to his own philosophical
non-position! :-)

Enkidu

Mar 6, 2010, 10:33:34 AM3/6/10
John Jones wrote:

> What do atheists believe?

Who the fuck are you to tell me or the world what I believe?
--
Enkidu

Shrikeback

Mar 6, 2010, 10:54:15 AM3/6/10
On Mar 6, 4:53 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> What do atheists believe?

Nothing in particular.

> For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
> props; "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
> make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.
>
> The atheist's "magical prop" arguments are grounded on a gloomy,
> supernatural kitsch that is taken straight from Christian Halloween and
> modern western stage magic.

A rather superficial resemblence, don't you think?
I mean Thor's mighty hammer and his gigantic
phallic snake nemesis don't sound much different
than Christianized Pagan Halloween.

> That is why we find atheism's arguments abound with mocking references
> to "pixies", "tooth-fairies", "unicorns", "lies", "deceptions", "smoke
> and mirrors" and other magical references that tiresomely track
> Christian Halloween and the efforts of Houdini and David Blaine.

> Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda should bring some welcome news to
> the Christian. But until that empty Christian agenda is rejected, the
> atheist who claims to set himself against Christianity cannot be taken
> seriously.

So, in order to be taken seriously as, "anti-Christian,"
atheist have to leave the pagan emo gothtard wearers-
of-black alone?

David Canzi

Mar 6, 2010, 1:10:55 PM3/6/10
In article <hmtj80$4fh$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>What do atheists believe?

Grass grows, rivers flow, and bears shit in the woods. There's
more, of course, but too much to try to list it all.

--
David Canzi

Kevin

Mar 6, 2010, 6:22:23 PM3/6/10

If atheists and believers in God believe in the same antichrist then
they are the same thing.

SkyEyes

Mar 6, 2010, 6:29:11 PM3/6/10

You have real trouble with the concept of "irony," don't you?

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net

Christopher A. Lee

Mar 6, 2010, 6:44:38 PM3/6/10
On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:53:22 +0000, John Jones
<jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>What do atheists believe?

Nothing that is contingent on atheism because as you already know it
is no different than not believing in leprechauns.

So why do you keep lying about us to us?

>For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
>props; "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
>make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.

Liar.

>The atheist's "magical prop" arguments are grounded on a gloomy,
>supernatural kitsch that is taken straight from Christian Halloween and
>modern western stage magic.

Liar.

>That is why we find atheism's arguments abound with mocking references
>to "pixies", "tooth-fairies", "unicorns",

Because there's no difference OUTSIDE YOUR RELIGION, imbecile. They're
BOTH somebody else's belief.

> "lies",

Because that's all you do.

> "deceptions", "smoke
>and mirrors" and other magical references that tiresomely track
>Christian Halloween and the efforts of Houdini and David Blaine.

Liar.

>Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda

Liar.

> should bring some welcome news to
>the Christian. But until that empty Christian agenda is rejected, the
>atheist who claims to set himself against Christianity cannot be taken
>seriously.

Nobody would give a flying fuck about Christianity if you sociopaths
could only live and let live, liar.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 7:44:10 PM3/6/10

Who can say. Who should challenge the King and hope to make his own
position more secure?

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 7:44:40 PM3/6/10

Me. I just did. Enjoy.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 7:46:20 PM3/6/10
Shrikeback wrote:
> On Mar 6, 4:53 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> What do atheists believe?
>
> Nothing in particular.
>
>> For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
>> props; "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
>> make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.
>>
>> The atheist's "magical prop" arguments are grounded on a gloomy,
>> supernatural kitsch that is taken straight from Christian Halloween and
>> modern western stage magic.
>
> A rather superficial resemblence, don't you think?
> I mean Thor's mighty hammer and his gigantic
> phallic snake nemesis don't sound much different
> than Christianized Pagan Halloween.

Er... Norse is pagan? yes?

>> That is why we find atheism's arguments abound with mocking references
>> to "pixies", "tooth-fairies", "unicorns", "lies", "deceptions", "smoke
>> and mirrors" and other magical references that tiresomely track
>> Christian Halloween and the efforts of Houdini and David Blaine.
>
>> Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda should bring some welcome news to
>> the Christian. But until that empty Christian agenda is rejected, the
>> atheist who claims to set himself against Christianity cannot be taken
>> seriously.
>
> So, in order to be taken seriously as, "anti-Christian,"
> atheist have to leave the pagan emo gothtard wearers-
> of-black alone?

Of course, unless they want to support the Christian cause.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 7:46:47 PM3/6/10

I can make life easier for you.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 7:47:23 PM3/6/10

They don't both believe in it, they both use it as an argument.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 7:48:43 PM3/6/10

No. I like irony. My friends like irony too. Me and all my friends say
that we all like irony.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 7:50:47 PM3/6/10

HoHo. My point proved I think.

Virgil

Mar 6, 2010, 8:30:20 PM3/6/10
In article <hmtj80$4fh$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> What do atheists believe?
>
> For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
> props;

On the contrary, the non-theist has no need of any of the stage magic
that every theist religion depends on.

> "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
> make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.
>
> The atheist's "magical prop"

Is actually theism's "magical props", like bread and wine becoming flesh
and blood, without which no theist religion could sell itself to anyone.

Virgil

Mar 6, 2010, 8:36:19 PM3/6/10
In article
<cd3806fc-20f8-4636...@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
Kevin <barry...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Why should someone who lacks belief in a thing ever believe in an anti-
of that thing?

panam...@hotmail.com

Mar 6, 2010, 8:37:34 PM3/6/10
On Mar 6, 7:53 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> What do atheists believe?

Oh, good grief. You *still* haven't discovered that atheists need no
replacement for the ridiculous myths held by, and the neurotic
gymnastics performed by theists?

"I tell you to rid yourselves of this beast, and you ask me what you
shall put in its place?"
-Voltaire

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!

Virgil

Mar 6, 2010, 8:42:15 PM3/6/10
In article <hmut57$laf$6...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> No. I like irony. My friends like irony too. Me and all my friends say
> that we all like irony.

What a shame that you have so little talent for it.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 9:09:24 PM3/6/10

No. I have talent for irony. My friends have talent for irony too. Me
and all my friends say that we all have talent for irony.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 9:10:08 PM3/6/10

erg... didn't I just say all that?!

Kadaitcha Man

Mar 6, 2010, 9:20:59 PM3/6/10
"John Jones", thou greasy-haired new tuners of accent. Fiend, thou
torments me ere I come to hell. Ye hullabalooed:

> Virgil wrote:

>> In article <hmtj80$4fh$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
>> John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> The atheist's "magical prop"
>>
>> Is actually theism's "magical props"

> erg... didn't I just say all that?!

Apparently not.

bigfl...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2010, 9:26:56 PM3/6/10

Who the fuck are you to ask, and who the fuck am I to make comment?

So much for the questions. How about some answers?

BOfL

bigfl...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2010, 9:32:01 PM3/6/10
On Mar 7, 7:44 am, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:53:22 +0000, John Jones

Are you an example of a more enlightened individual, who, when
encounters different pov's from your own, you cry 'liar..liar'?

Such behaviour actually encourages the missionary cast, in the belief
that you need help.

BOfL

bigfl...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2010, 9:33:42 PM3/6/10
> > skyeyes nine at cox dot net- Hide quoted text -

No irony deficiency in your village. Good to know :-)

BOfL

Smiler

Mar 6, 2010, 10:40:03 PM3/6/10

You're going to stop posting your crap to a.a.?

--
Smiler
The godless one

Smiler

Mar 6, 2010, 10:42:55 PM3/6/10

No you don't. Liar

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 11:02:20 PM3/6/10
panam...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 6, 7:53 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> What do atheists believe?
>
> Oh, good grief. You *still* haven't discovered that atheists need no
> replacement for the ridiculous myths held by, and the neurotic
> gymnastics performed by theists?

That's a new twist. The reliance of atheist argument on psychology. But
then psychology and Christianity are bedfellows.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 11:04:10 PM3/6/10

Adorable. Encore! Encore!

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 11:05:19 PM3/6/10

That's because of Vitamin B12 and ascorbic acid.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 11:06:15 PM3/6/10

But they do though. Don't they.

John Jones

Mar 6, 2010, 11:07:21 PM3/6/10
Smiler wrote:
> John Jones wrote:
>> David Canzi wrote:
>>> Grass grows, rivers flow, and bears shit in the woods. There's
>>> more, of course, but too much to try to list it all.
>>>
>> I can make life easier for you.
>
> You're going to stop posting your crap to a.a.?

You mean you haven't got your own?

Virgil

Mar 6, 2010, 11:53:03 PM3/6/10
In article <hmv1sg$ehr$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

You irony is rusty.

Virgil

Mar 6, 2010, 11:53:59 PM3/6/10
In article <hmv1ts$ehr$2...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

No.

Virgil

Mar 6, 2010, 11:56:34 PM3/6/10
In article <hmv8g7$baf$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

You are saying Freud and Jesus are in bed together?

Virgil

Mar 6, 2010, 11:59:56 PM3/6/10
In article <hmv8jm$baf$2...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

"Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda" needs extensive explaining.

Virgil

Mar 7, 2010, 12:06:36 AM3/7/10
In article <hmv8nj$baf$4...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

I know of no one who does, so I presume you are speaking for yourself or
that coterie of rusty ironists you call your friends.

Christopher A. Lee

Mar 7, 2010, 3:36:20 AM3/7/10
On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 03:42:55 -0000, "Smiler" <Smi...@joe.king.com>
wrote:

Jones mode: Even though I lie it doesn't make me a liar.

Les Hellawell

Mar 7, 2010, 6:24:07 AM3/7/10

So what's all this about?

Well you are clearly here to show how clever you think you are. Wakes
up one morning and thinks. "Nice morning suns shining, I don't
have the the intelligence to think of something useful to do,
what shall I do to show the world how clever I am? [Thinks,
Thinks ]- ow that hursts. Oh I know, why not go bait the atheists,
I am so clever I will run rings round them"

And so, here you are here. It does not matter what you say,
the glibber the better. It matters not that you come across as an
arrogant twit. It matters not that you lie or insult, all that matters
is that you satisfy you adolescent ego that you are' oh so superior'.

How about time we start to show you what you really are for
a change?

Already a picture has emerged:

Your arrogance is now clear.
You adolescence is now clear.
Your lack of morality and respect for others is now
clear. A clear sign of Christianity.
That you are willing to lie like a Christian is now clear.
That you are willing to mock and scorn like a Christian
is now clear.
That you are quick witted in an unimaginative way is now
clear (there is nothing original here we have seen it
all before)

Since you act like a Christian I will treat you as
one. True considering someone as a Christian is not
a nice thing to say about anybody but hey a Tit-for-tat
responce is fully justified now.

If you are not a Christian, and I have read you incorrectly I
apologise for the obvious slur. If you are too embarrassed
to explain what you actually believe I will understand your
reluctance to admit it.

Havibg made clear some of your repulsive character
traits All we need do now is test your intellgence and we will
have a fully rounded picture of your worth.

So intellgence test 1:

Please explan how you came to abandon your natural
absence of belief (as born with) that there was something
others call 'god' and started to share their wierd beliefs
and became a repulsive Christian?

--
Les Hellawell
Greetings from: YORKSHIRE

Zerkon

Mar 7, 2010, 7:58:09 AM3/7/10
On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:53:22 +0000, John Jones wrote:

> What do atheists believe?

Self-defining.

Moving on...

Don Martin

Mar 7, 2010, 9:59:06 AM3/7/10
On 6 Mar 2010 15:33:34 GMT, Enkidu <enk...@nogodhere.net> wrote:

>John Jones wrote:
>
>> What do atheists believe?
>

>Who the fuck are you to tell me or the world what I believe?

The same drizzling shit he hath ever been. Next question?

-

Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
The Squeeky Wheel: http://home.comcast.net/~drdonmartin/

Enkidu

Mar 7, 2010, 11:35:22 AM3/7/10
John Jones wrote:

Sigmund would disagree with you.
--
Enkidu

Smiler

Mar 7, 2010, 9:24:19 PM3/7/10

I flush mine away. You, OTOH, post yours to a.a.

Smiler

Mar 7, 2010, 9:27:50 PM3/7/10

Standard OP for theists.

Smiler

Mar 7, 2010, 9:30:46 PM3/7/10

Vehemently.

panam...@hotmail.com

Mar 8, 2010, 3:21:11 AM3/8/10
On Mar 6, 11:02 pm, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> panamfl...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > On Mar 6, 7:53 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >> What do atheists believe?
>
> > Oh, good grief. You *still* haven't discovered that atheists need no
> > replacement for the ridiculous myths held by, and the neurotic
> > gymnastics performed by theists?
>
> That's a new twist.

Not as new as your failure to see *all* theistic beliefs as equal.

Example:

> The reliance of atheist argument on psychology. But
> then psychology and Christianity are bedfellows.

I said nothing about Xianity in particular. I only mentioned theism in
general.

I care not whether the cancer is of the spleen, or of the spine. I
only care that a cure can be found.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Errol

Mar 8, 2010, 4:06:46 AM3/8/10

Is it standard procedure for you to first rim c lee's ass before
inserting your tongue or are you just returning the favour? Does
scribbling liar liar work you guys up into a sexual frenzy?

John Jones

Mar 8, 2010, 5:14:08 AM3/8/10

Magnificent performance. See me wipe away the tears.

John Jones

Mar 8, 2010, 5:26:22 AM3/8/10
Les Hellawell wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 04:02:20 +0000, John Jones
> <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> panam...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> Oh, good grief. You *still* haven't discovered that atheists need no
>>> replacement for the ridiculous myths held by, and the neurotic
>>> gymnastics performed by theists?
>> That's a new twist. The reliance of atheist argument on psychology. But
>> then psychology and Christianity are bedfellows.
>

> So what's all this about?

Truly, it is about me.

> Well you are clearly here to show how clever you think you are.

I return to my audience what I receive from their tumultuous admiration.

> Wakes
> up one morning and thinks. "Nice morning suns shining, I don't
> have the the intelligence to think of something useful to do,
> what shall I do to show the world how clever I am?

Every day, in every way, my intellect, insight and bardic spirit grow
anew. I am a river to my people.

> [Thinks,
> Thinks ]- ow that hursts. Oh I know, why not go bait the atheists,
> I am so clever I will run rings round them"

I am the King and I revel in the sports and conquests of Kings.

> And so, here you are here. It does not matter what you say,
> the glibber the better. It matters not that you come across as an
> arrogant twit. It matters not that you lie or insult, all that matters
> is that you satisfy you adolescent ego that you are' oh so superior'.
>
> How about time we start to show you what you really are for
> a change?
>
> Already a picture has emerged:
>
> Your arrogance is now clear.
> You adolescence

My subjects babble harmlessly and know their place.

Yap

Mar 8, 2010, 5:32:11 AM3/8/10
On Mar 6, 7:53 pm, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> What do atheists believe?
Atheists believe in laws, reality and science.
That must be terrible for you?

> For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
> props; "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
> make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.
Oh, you mean your god has no such ability?

> The atheist's "magical prop" arguments are grounded on a gloomy,
> supernatural kitsch that is taken straight from Christian Halloween and
> modern western stage magic.
But that is exactly what has been preached.

> That is why we find atheism's arguments abound with mocking references
> to "pixies", "tooth-fairies", "unicorns", "lies", "deceptions", "smoke

> and mirrors" and other magical references that tiresomely track
> Christian Halloween and the efforts of Houdini and David Blaine.
Blaine is just doing magic, and he will confirm to you.
He uses illusion and fast movement....but he can repeat all the time.
The x'ian magics were storied thousands of years ago, and in no
position to repeat even a second time, let alone on and on.
From this, we know they were manmade, to fool people.

> Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda should bring some welcome news to
> the Christian. But until that empty Christian agenda is rejected, the
> atheist who claims to set himself against Christianity cannot be taken
> seriously.
Christianity inherited from pagan culture and all you guys wanted are
those bronze age tales, as if they could do anything good for modern
people.
If you don't wake up from the dark, the dark is not going to desert
you.

Yap

Mar 8, 2010, 5:47:17 AM3/8/10
On Mar 7, 7:44 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Zinnic wrote:

> > On Mar 6, 6:53 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >> What do atheists believe?
>
> >> For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
> >> props; "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
> >> make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.
>
> >> The atheist's "magical prop" arguments are grounded on a gloomy,
> >> supernatural kitsch that is taken straight from Christian Halloween and
> >> modern western stage magic.
>
> >> That is why we find atheism's arguments abound with mocking references
> >> to "pixies", "tooth-fairies", "unicorns", "lies", "deceptions", "smoke
> >> and mirrors" and other magical references that tiresomely track
> >> Christian Halloween and the efforts of Houdini and David Blaine.
>
> >> Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda should bring some welcome news to
> >> the Christian. But until that empty Christian agenda is rejected, the
> >> atheist who claims to set himself against Christianity cannot be taken
> >> seriously.
>
> > A more difficult question to answer is "What does John Jones believe?
> > He uses  words as  smoke and mirrors props to disguise his abiding
> > cynicism. Cynicism, I suspect, that extends to his own philosophical
> > non-position!  :-)
>
> Who can say. Who should challenge the King and hope to make his own
> position more secure?- Hide quoted text -

There is no more King to be challenged.
The kings all have their wings clipped, as if you don't know?

Yap

Mar 8, 2010, 5:48:48 AM3/8/10
On Mar 7, 7:48 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> SkyEyes wrote:
> > On Mar 6, 5:53 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >> What do atheists believe?
>
> >> For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
> >> props; "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
> >> make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.
>
> >> The atheist's "magical prop" arguments are grounded on a gloomy,
> >> supernatural kitsch that is taken straight from Christian Halloween and
> >> modern western stage magic.
>
> >> That is why we find atheism's arguments abound with mocking references
> >> to "pixies", "tooth-fairies", "unicorns", "lies", "deceptions", "smoke
> >> and mirrors" and other magical references that tiresomely track
> >> Christian Halloween and the efforts of Houdini and David Blaine.
>
> >> Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda should bring some welcome news to
> >> the Christian. But until that empty Christian agenda is rejected, the
> >> atheist who claims to set himself against Christianity cannot be taken
> >> seriously.
>
> > You have real trouble with the concept of "irony," don't you?
>
> No. I like irony. My friends like irony too. Me and all my friends say
> that we all like irony.
>

> > Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
> > BAAWA Knight
> > EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
> > skyeyes nine at cox dot net- Hide quoted text -

So, you speak for your friends, just like to wish to speak for your
god?

Les Hellawell

Mar 8, 2010, 12:07:34 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 10:26:22 +0000, John Jones
<jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>You adolescence is now clear.

>>So intellgence test 1:

>My subjects babble harmlessly and know their place.

Thank you for you responce to my intelligence test you have told
me all I need to know.

I have no need to put to you test 2

Smiler

Mar 8, 2010, 6:21:53 PM3/8/10

GFY.

Smiler

Mar 8, 2010, 6:23:57 PM3/8/10

My diagnosis....He has elephantitis of the ego.

John Jones

Mar 8, 2010, 6:45:53 PM3/8/10

A good, solid performance. Well done.

John Jones

Mar 8, 2010, 6:57:49 PM3/8/10
Yap wrote:
> On Mar 6, 7:53 pm, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> What do atheists believe?
> Atheists believe in laws, reality and science.
> That must be terrible for you?

That's what I said. Read my second sentence.

>> For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
>> props; "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
>> make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.
> Oh, you mean your god has no such ability?

"Ability"? Then you believe in magic. How do you square that with being
an atheist?

>> The atheist's "magical prop" arguments are grounded on a gloomy,
>> supernatural kitsch that is taken straight from Christian Halloween and
>> modern western stage magic.
> But that is exactly what has been preached.
>> That is why we find atheism's arguments abound with mocking references
>> to "pixies", "tooth-fairies", "unicorns", "lies", "deceptions", "smoke
>> and mirrors" and other magical references that tiresomely track
>> Christian Halloween and the efforts of Houdini and David Blaine.
> Blaine is just doing magic, and he will confirm to you.
> He uses illusion and fast movement....but he can repeat all the time.
> The x'ian magics were storied thousands of years ago, and in no
> position to repeat even a second time, let alone on and on.

So you are an atheist because you miss being entertained by Christians.

> From this, we know they were manmade, to fool people.

Oh god. Haven't I been saying that? Do you "read" or do you just tease
out key words to fit your agenda?

>> Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda should bring some welcome news to
>> the Christian. But until that empty Christian agenda is rejected, the
>> atheist who claims to set himself against Christianity cannot be taken
>> seriously.
> Christianity inherited from pagan culture and all you guys wanted are
> those bronze age tales, as if they could do anything good for modern
> people.
> If you don't wake up from the dark, the dark is not going to desert
> you.

Atheism's naff Christian-Halloween anti-pagan fixation and the
commitment to conceptual props of modern, tired stage magic is well
illustrated in your response.

Richo

Mar 8, 2010, 7:10:09 PM3/8/10
On Mar 6, 11:53 pm, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> What do atheists believe?

Lots of differnt things - they are individuals not a group with a
common philosphy.

<snip imaginings>

Mark.

Virgil

Mar 8, 2010, 7:12:14 PM3/8/10
In article <hn42tl$ekt$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> So you are an atheist because you miss being entertained by Christians.

On the contrary, it is only since becoming an atheist that I have come
to realize just how funny xains really are.

Christopher A. Lee

Mar 8, 2010, 7:20:58 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 23:21:53 -0000, "Smiler" <Smi...@joe.king.com>
wrote:

Notice that neither liar could acknowledge this fact.

> [...]

Actually, mine was.

>>> Standard OP for theists.
>>
>> Is it standard procedure for you to first rim c lee's ass before
>> inserting your tongue or are you just returning the favour? Does
>> scribbling liar liar work you guys up into a sexual frenzy?
>
>GFY.

Somebody tell the liar that I only call people liars when they lie.

As Jones did. Every place I called him a liar he had just lied.

As "Errol" now does in support of Jones' lies about us, to us in our
own newsgroup.

The Chief Instigator

Mar 9, 2010, 7:15:22 PM3/9/10
On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:44:40 +0000, John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Enkidu wrote:

>> John Jones wrote:
>>
>>> What do atheists believe?
>>
>> Who the fuck are you to tell me or the world what I believe?
>
> Me. I just did. Enjoy.

Enjoy your doomed fantasy, then. I ditched your invisible pixies 45 years
ago, thanks to one Oral Roberts, who made my state of residence at the time
the State of Religious Idiocy.

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (pat...@io.com) Houston, Texas
www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2009-10 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

John Jones

Mar 9, 2010, 7:21:56 PM3/9/10
The Chief Instigator wrote:
> On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 00:44:40 +0000, John Jones <jonesc...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> Who the fuck are you to tell me or the world what I believe?
>> Me. I just did. Enjoy.
>
> Enjoy your doomed fantasy, then. I ditched your invisible pixies 45 years
> ago, thanks to one Oral Roberts, who made my state of residence at the time
> the State of Religious Idiocy.

Don't split your knickers though.

John Jones

Mar 9, 2010, 7:23:52 PM3/9/10

I honestly wouldn't know.

John Jones

Mar 9, 2010, 7:24:27 PM3/9/10
Richo wrote:
> On Mar 6, 11:53 pm, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> What do atheists believe?

Sorry. Must stop you there.

Frito Pendejo

Mar 9, 2010, 10:22:15 PM3/9/10
John Jones wrote:
> What do atheists believe?

Atheists believe that there is no God, and that Barack Obama is their
personal Prophet and Savior.

Virgil

Mar 9, 2010, 11:34:55 PM3/9/10
In article <zeednX1iDePxjQrW...@earthlink.com>,
Frito Pendejo <fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:

Wrong on all counts.

To be atheist only requires that one NOT believe in any gods, but does
not require any belief about any god.

And most atheists, not being residents of the USA, care very little
about Barack Obama.

So Frito Pendejo again demonstrates his total incompetence.

Frito Pendejo

Mar 9, 2010, 11:48:24 PM3/9/10
Virgil wrote:
> In article <zeednX1iDePxjQrW...@earthlink.com>,
> Frito Pendejo <fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:
>
>> John Jones wrote:
>>> What do atheists believe?
>> Atheists believe that there is no God, and that Barack Obama is their
>> personal Prophet and Savior.
>
> Wrong on all counts.
>
> To be atheist only requires that one NOT believe in any gods, but does
> not require any belief about any god.

Belief in No God is the same as disbelief in God. Since belief is not
based on scientific evidence, it is a religion.

> And most atheists, not being residents of the USA, care very little
> about Barack Obama.

Could have fooled me, with the throngs of Berliners greeting The Obama
as if he were the Second Coming of Adolf.

The Chief Instigator

Mar 10, 2010, 12:36:37 AM3/10/10

Follow your own advice...and I haven't lived in Oklahoma since 1965. I've
been a resident of Texas since then. I have no need of gods.

Shrikeback

Mar 10, 2010, 12:46:25 AM3/10/10
On Mar 6, 4:46 pm, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Shrikeback wrote:

> > On Mar 6, 4:53 am, John Jones <jonescard...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >> What do atheists believe?
>
> > Nothing in particular.

> >> For the atheist, the world is composed of real objects and stage magic
> >> props; "God" is the name of a stage magic prop that some people use to
> >> make real objects seem to vanish, suddenly appear, or behave oddly.
>
> >> The atheist's "magical prop" arguments are grounded on a gloomy,
> >> supernatural kitsch that is taken straight from Christian Halloween and
> >> modern western stage magic.
>
> > A rather superficial resemblence, don't you think?
> > I mean Thor's mighty hammer and his gigantic
> > phallic snake nemesis don't sound much different
> > than Christianized Pagan Halloween.
>
> Er... Norse is pagan? yes?

Yeah, sure. Dead pagan. I guess it's more apt
to say Norse _was_ pagan.

> >> That is why we find atheism's arguments abound with mocking references

> >> to "pixies", "tooth-fairies", "unicorns", "lies", "deceptions", "smoke

> >> and mirrors" and other magical references that tiresomely track
> >> Christian Halloween and the efforts of Houdini and David Blaine.
>

> >> Atheism's Christian anti-pagan agenda should bring some welcome news to
> >> the Christian. But until that empty Christian agenda is rejected, the
> >> atheist who claims to set himself against Christianity cannot be taken
> >> seriously.
>

> > So, in order to be taken seriously as, "anti-Christian,"
> > atheist have to leave the pagan emo gothtard wearers-
> > of-black alone?
>
> Of course, unless they want to support the Christian cause.

That's absurd. He who is against us is not with us,
hence it's necessary for we atheists to eschew the
bias you want for your particular brand of hokem.
Marlboro, Camel -- all are the same to a non-smoker.

Virgil

Mar 10, 2010, 12:58:58 AM3/10/10
In article <q6udnVDtM7cBuQrW...@earthlink.com>,
Frito Pendejo <fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:

> Virgil wrote:
> > In article <zeednX1iDePxjQrW...@earthlink.com>,
> > Frito Pendejo <fr...@pendejo.com> wrote:

> >> Atheists believe that there is no God, and that Barack Obama is their
> >> personal Prophet and Savior.
> >
> > Wrong on all counts.
> >
> > To be atheist only requires that one NOT believe in any gods, but does
> > not require any belief about any god.

> Belief in No God is the same as disbelief in God.

WRONG! Lack of belief does not imply any sort of belief.

Belief in No god implies disbelief in any god, but
disbelief in any god does not imply belief in no god.

> Since belief is not
> based on scientific evidence, it is a religion.

It is scientific in that it is based on the lack of scientific evidence,
so is as non-religious as it is possible t be.

> > And most atheists, not being residents of the USA, care very little
> > about Barack Obama.
>
> Could have fooled me, with the throngs of Berliners greeting The Obama
> as if he were the Second Coming of Adolf.

How about all those Chinese who didn't.