Re: Why Do Atheists Loath and Despise Christians?

Message has been deleted

John Baker

Mar 13, 2009, 7:33:14 AM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700 (PDT), "R.S."
<ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

Because the so-called "Christians" we see here in a.a are by and large
a bunch of ignorant, arrogant, self-righteous assholes who think
they're better and smarter than everyone else, and who lack the good
sense and the decency to keep their idiotic beliefs to themselves.

Good enough reason for ya, Sport?

Nomen Publicus

Mar 13, 2009, 7:37:03 AM3/13/09
R.S. <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit (Life
> Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being a dead pile
> of rotting flesh-

Why do you thing you are so important to "hate and despise"?

> Christians believe when you accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior
> and ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil)
> that Spirit is co-mingled (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate
> the two),a Soul (mind - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward
> something, and the actions resulting from that will - this is your essence
> -who you personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this
> essense of you when you die), and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five
> senses, if you exist only to please those five senses thats called living
> in the flesh or living in sin, but is not only limited to Flesh but also
> selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and ego), words, and
> deeds.

That's nice. Please keep it to yourself.

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes selflessness
> and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of others (Jesus
> incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body, but also
> have that above defined Spirit and Soul.

That's nice. Please keep it to yourself.

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.
>
> Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives atheists to
> hate real Christians that practice selfless living (remember no one is
> perfect especially Christians, but true Christians recognized and
> acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)

You do realise how arrogant you sound?

> Does a True Atheist believe in a Real Body of which most of us have five
> senses to please or self deny out of selflessness and do good or evil with
> that body, that that body is either alive (with Spirit) or a pile of dead
> flesh, Do they believe a person creates thoughts, has emotions, and will
> (goal , desire, or self created purpose - be it good or evil) (Christians
> call it a soul and believe it can be saved or kept).

Atheists do not believe in gods until they see some evidence that they
exist.

> Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?
>
> Dare to go further than that?
>
> How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> a chosen nation out of Slaves?
>
> The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling
> evidence?)
> http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-1&oq=#
>
> Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> person.
>
> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.
>
> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the Bible
> said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to Accept What he
> did for you or not.

Rubbish. You are free to believe what you wish. Just don't expect everybody
to agree with you or even respect your belief.

--
1034 gods I don't believe in: http://anya.sighup.org.uk/gods.html

MarkA

Mar 13, 2009, 7:50:06 AM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:

We don't despise ALL Christians; just the despicable ones. Is that a
tautology?

--
MarkA
Keeper of Things Put There Only Just The Night Before

Roger Jolly

Mar 13, 2009, 7:56:23 AM3/13/09

"R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote in message

> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus

> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled
> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),a Soul (mind
> - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward something, and the
> actions resulting from that will - this is your essence -who you
> personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this essense
> of you when you die), and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five
> senses, if you exist only to please those five senses thats called
> living in the flesh or living in sin, but is not only limited to
> Flesh
> but also selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and
> ego), words, and deeds.

That's one huge mess of a sentence.

Try writing something coherent and you might get a reasonable response. You
might like to ask your English teacher to edit it for you before you post
it.

walksalone

Mar 13, 2009, 8:32:59 AM3/13/09
"R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net>

Oh my, we have been other troll on the loose. My apologies to the
audience, but some absurdities must be pointed out.

> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

Hate is too valuable and emotion to waste on people as people as you are
pretending to be, or actually are, as the case may be. It's a bit like,
but my knowledge of the gods, providing for the information and
enlightenment of those of the xian myth, essays on every god the world
has claimed. There are over 25,000 of those gods, and I'm aware of at
least 10,000. What that would mean, is I can literally flood the xian
groups with information that is pertinent to them, and if I was to act
like you, they tend it was for their spiritual good and well being.
Courtesy tells me, I do not have to act like you. And I prefer not to..

> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus

What you believe has nothing to do with reality, or the way people live
their lives. Everybody reacts to situational ethics, and free will as
claimed by the xian mythology is nonexistent. For one thing, that's a
derivative, and irrevocable derivative, based on the claims made on
behalf of the Revealed Gods of the Desert.

> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy

Maybe because most people, or at least most educated or informed people,
realize, but just because it works for you is not mean it will work for
them. Your ignorance on the subject of human requirements for a
fulfilling and spiritual life is phenomenal, and yet extremely common
among those they claim they have a personal pet named god, or in your
case, Jesus the Christ. The one history cannot find even know it has
been heavily searched for. It does not matter to you, your ignorance
will not permit it to matter, it feels your need for a warm spot in a
region of the crotch, and that is all that really matters in your case.

> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled

I see you have more ignorant than is really good for you to demonstrate
in public. A conscience of good and evil, meaningless babble way you
presented. The ability to distinguish between good and evil, as relates
to the individual or society, is an evolutionary leftover from back when
we were just a hair above the animal stage. If you doubt this, try going
on a killing spree. Just because you can, and as a xian, obviously. God
told you to. Society will not buy this, and you know this, unless you
have gone over the deep edge due to your mythology. This does happen, a
specially in societies that are heavily influenced by the mythology known
as xianity. I suspect the truth may be the same for any of the group
that follows the revealed gods of the desert. The original, one known as
él, and his greatest of children, Jesus of Nazareth and Allah. Oh that's
right, you would not be aware of él, for your handlers have not informed
you of the reality for your myth is concerned, the reality that it's
synthetic and syncretic.

> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),a Soul (mind
> - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward something, and the

Unfortunately for you, souls, like gods, are absent from the sphere of
human experience. However, like gods, there are those that claim they
exist even know they can write no evidence in support of the claim. In
other words, you are starting just so much hot air.

> actions resulting from that will - this is your essence -who you
> personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this essense

In a word, bullshit. Xians do not believe in Yahweh, but in Christ, who
supposedly is the son of yahweh and was trained by Yahweh for about 4000
years prior to his grand entrance. Of course, that brings to mind the
old saw, like father like son. Yahweh did in fact strongly resemble the
kings of old, only he was supersized.

> of you when you die), and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five
> senses, if you exist only to please those five senses thats called
> living in the flesh or living in sin, but is not only limited to
> Flesh

I certainly hope you don't babble like this in public, or if you do, you
do it the privacy own bathroom looking in the mirror.

> but also selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and
> ego), words, and deeds.

That would require me to become a xian, something that I cannot ethically
do. Somehow or another, the idea of a pet god is repulsive to me. Maybe
it's because, the result of believing in his pet god, the xian one in
particular, seems to have a corrosive effect on the majority of people
that encounter it. I have yet to meet a xian, who sets the biblical
example. Or, even understands what first Century xianity was. It
certainly is not, what is practiced today. Of course, how many xians
today even understand the foundation of the mythology can probably be
counted on both hands. And then only because they are academics.

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others

Not in the United States, it doesn't.

> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.

It doesn't matter what you believe, but it does matter what you can show.
All you has shown so far as a dog and pony show based on personal desire
for a life you do not deserve. If you're a typical xian. Rather than
getting on with it, and doing the best you can with what you have and
they can life is good possible for others, you wait for a second life.
In one of the worst heavens ever claimed by humanity.

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

So trot it out already, you're not demonstrating it, you're acting like a
typical xian troll whose only concern is growing attention to themselves.
By pretending to be such a good little boy that everyone simply has to
adore them. Care to guess again?

> Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives atheists
> to hate real Christians that practice selfless living (remember no
> one
> is perfect especially Christians, but true Christians recognized and
> acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)

By claiming no one is perfect, you're excusing the flaws in your
character that you could correct. I don't know what perfect is myself,
and neither do you. I do know, when, what around doing is less than
beneficial to society, I need to re-examine it & see if that is what is
really required. I know that when I walk into a store and cashiers to
see me in line, if they frown. I have been doing something injurious to
them, consistently complaining, argue about the prices, telling them I
don't want what they have and they need to get what I want, etc. On the
other hand, if they glanced up and they grin or smile, I'm doing right by
that person.

> Does a True Atheist believe in a Real Body of which most of us have
> five senses to please or self deny out of selflessness and do good or
> evil with that body, that that body is either alive (with Spirit) or
> pile of dead flesh, Do they believe a person creates thoughts, has
> emotions, and will (goal , desire, or self created purpose - be it
> good or evil) (Christians call it a soul and believe it can be saved
> or kept).

I don't know what your definition of a true atheist is, and by the way,
the word is not capitalized unless it's the first word in a sentence. It
is simply a noun, borrowed from the Greek combination of a, to be
without, & theos, belief in gods. Did you notice the plural there,
humanity has many gods, yours is but one of many, and has the least
evidence in spite of the popularity. But then, it appeals to greed,
self-interest, special status, and the majority of the vanities and
humanity. It's very good and stroking egos and telling you you are so
special that god wants you in his company for eternity. Given the
description of Yahweh, your Satan would be a better companion for
eternity. At least, according to mythology, he told the truth to Adam &
Eve & did not lie to them.

> Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?

Atheist, your dog & pony show is just that. Only your case, it's minus
ring, and ringmaster. It does not even have a tent or seats for the
spectators.

> Dare to go further than that?

In spite of your verbosity, and tail chasing, you have nothing to offer
me. It had nothing to offer anybody else, except logical fallacies based
on personal needs. Needs that quite a few people do not have, for they
are busy living their lives and not worrying about, oh, the state of
somebody else's spiritual journey.

> How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> a chosen nation out of Slaves?

The exodus that never happened?

> The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling
> evidence?)

No, as matter of fact, it is not. It is a logical fallacy based
series/program. It starts out stating a fact, that which is not known,
and finding supporting evidence to, surprisingly enough, prove the
validity of the claim.

As enthralled with xianity as Greece is, it's rather hard to believe it's
something that is supposedly so easily recognizable as the Ark of the
covenant, is hidden in plain sight within their building. I have watched
the video, and I am totally unimpressed because I asked questions they
avoid.

> http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-1&
> oq=#

> Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> person.

Smoke and mirrors do not work for me, and the entire promotional film, is
based on what ifs. Rather than what is. I don't call that variety of
film a documentary, rather I call it a work of apologetic nature.

> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.

How always have that option, the option to think for myself, learned for
myself, find information that others deny themselves, and grow mentally,
and on occasion, spiritually. All without the need of an orchestrated
dog and pony show. And you?

> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the

I certainly hope you're seeing a psychiatrist about your current delusion
that you are presenting in fact. This atheist and not care what you
believe in the realm of weird things. Keep those things out of my
schools & my politics, and there will be no problems from me where you
are concerned. Failure to do so, will invoke action, part that you will
probably not find favorable to your cause or your ego.

> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.

The Bible, more properly known as the Hebrew Bible, does not mention a
god man as a messiah. A certainty should know who their messiah is
because they have had messiahs before. The missing King David, as
described in the Hebrew Bible, and the very real Korash, who you may
vaguely be aware of as Cyrus the Great. They have no other messiahs, and
they are waiting on one, or even possibly too according to the latest
thinking. They had to revise because the world has changed so
drastically.

> Whose choice is it anyway?

You have a choice, be a sheep, or be human. The two are not
incompatible, but generally speaking, a sheep have a poor and less
fulfilling life. They claim otherwise, but they have together in flocks
with regularity to have their ego's stroked and told, their pet loves
him. That's the nature of pets, to love their owners. Or your pet, had
been known, according to the Hebrew Bible, to just simply give you a bad
century and the hell with a bad hair day. Of course, the Greek
testaments try to change that all around, and those that are incapable of
understanding that things are too good to be true. Usually are not real,
or require a price that no one can afford, on the recent con men are so
successful with xians. They're greedy, as most humans are. Only their
greed is condoned by a god and therefore, it must be all right to get
something for nothing.

The above circular and confused reasoning is what I see every time one of
the trolls decides to see if it can convince itself, that is a child of
god, a special person, who will get stars in his crown. If he makes it
to Heaven™, after all, if you don't play the game according to the rules,
you don't get to go. And pretending will cut it because, supposedly,
your god knows. Yet the conduct of the average Xian I have encountered
indicates, they think they can fool their gods.

> An informed You, or the Atheist - who tells you they know more than
> you and therefore you should just accept
> their opinion as the Truth.

And who is not? Are they as frequently encountered as people like you?
Or, like a gods, figments of your imagination?

> If you think that little of yourself and your own ability to make up
> your own mind, then I guess you're willing to stake your life on the
> opinion they're right.

Yet, he thinks a little of yourself you're willing to take the word of
others and failed to do the readily available research that would
establish whether or not such an entity could exist, will exist, or, in
case the Hebrew Bible, it's a national saga, which almost every nation
has one of.

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
> choose its your choice to make!

It's quite correct, and for myself, I believe in one less pantheon than
you do. In my atheism, I neglect to believe in your gods, after all, may
suffer from the same disease the other gods do. It's known as lacka, and
is common to any god claim made by a human. Lack of evidence, and lack
of need.

> Bible
> http://www.biblegateway.com/

You've never really read the Bible, have you? When did yahweh go from
being a bad guy to a good guy. According to the Hebrew Bible. And what
is the passage?

> Encouraging Sermons
> http://www.newcreationwoc.com/audio

You do realize, one hopes, his sermons are contradictory to first century
xianity. Which supposedly would be as close to what you're missing a
messiah wants than what you practice today? Probably not, and you
wouldn't be able to believe it if the information was presented to you by
someone you thought you trusted. After all, you believe you are right,
in spite of the evidence against you. And that too is all right, but you
really should learn how to house train yourself to conduct yourself when
you are imposing on others. By presenting your erroneous views in
inappropriate venues. Such is the atheist newsgroup, on the majority
that post from the US have been xians.

walksalone, who has long since understood that there are people who
cannot stand tranquilly among others that do not share their
misconceptions about reality. The leaves but one problem for their
victims, do we shoot them and put them out of misery, forcibly educate
them, or a small dog, cock a leg & pee all over their leg. Personally,
when they include on me, inclination is to cock the leg and let it fly.

All religions are the same: religion is basically guilt, with different
holidays. -Cathy Ladman, comedian, writer, actress (1955- )

jc

Mar 13, 2009, 10:22:08 AM3/13/09

This is a little like the people who call
gays "militant" when they get upset about
being told they're going to hell.

I don't hate people for being Christian and I don't
know too many atheists who do. More particularly,
I can't think of any cases of
atheists sending death threats to outspoken Christians,
their families, judges who rule against their causes,
etc. I had the pleasure of meeting Daniel Dennett
a while back and he told me his university had
forced both him and his secretary to install panic
buttons in their offices because they were so worried,
so don't lecture me about hate.

I've learned there's almost no correlation between a
person's abstract philosophical beliefs and their
behavior, so I judge them entirely on the latter.

So, no, I don't hate "Christians", but I'm guessing
I hate you.

-jc

On Mar 13, 6:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> [...]

> person.
>

> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.
>

> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the

> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.
>

> Whose choice is it anyway?
>

> An informed You, or the Atheist - who tells you they know more than
> you and therefore you should just accept
> their opinion as the Truth.
>

> If you think that little of yourself and your own ability to make up
> your own mind, then I guess you're willing to stake your life on the
> opinion they're right.
>

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You

Syd

Mar 13, 2009, 10:46:04 AM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

Because they do what you are doing, IE, busting into someone else's
space and preaching where it is not welcome or expected. When you can
respect other people's beliefs we'll respect you, but as long as you
keep bullying your way around, we'll call you on it.

PDW

Sanity's Little Helper

Mar 13, 2009, 12:04:14 PM3/13/09
It is an ancient "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net>, and he posteth:

> From: "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.christnet.philosophy,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.messianic,alt.religion.christian.baptist
> Subject: Why Do Atheists Loath and Despise Christians?
> Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700 (PDT)

OrgName: HickoryTech Corporation
OrgID: HICKO
Address: 2730 3rd Avenue
Address: P.O. Box 3288
City: Mankato
StateProv: MN
PostalCode: 56002-3288
Country: US

NetRange: 69.24.160.0 - 69.24.191.255
CIDR: 69.24.160.0/19
NetName: HTCO-BLK-2
NetHandle: NET-69-24-160-0-1
Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.HICKORYTECH.NET
NameServer: NS2.HICKORYTECH.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2003-02-14
Updated: 2003-11-20

OrgAbuseHandle: COPYR-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: DMCA Copyright Notifications
OrgAbusePhone: +1-507-387-1151
OrgAbuseEmail: copy...@hickorytech.net

OrgAbuseHandle: HANS-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: HickoryTech Abuse and Network Security
OrgAbusePhone: +1-507-387-6430
OrgAbuseEmail: ab...@hickorytech.net

Abuse report sent.

--
David Silverman
aa #2208

Not authentic without this signature.

Sanity's Little Helper

Mar 13, 2009, 12:07:24 PM3/13/09
It is an ancient MarkA <to...@nowhere.com>, and he posteth:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:
>
> We don't despise ALL Christians; just the despicable ones. Is that a
> tautology?

The jury's out on that one, Thanks for the evidence R.S.

Twangman

Mar 13, 2009, 12:10:45 PM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:50:06 -0400, MarkA <to...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:
>
>We don't despise ALL Christians; just the despicable ones. Is that a
>tautology?

If it ain't, i'tauta be.

pba...@worldonline.nl

Mar 13, 2009, 1:10:24 PM3/13/09
On 13 mrt, 12:05, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

Dear R.S.,

Your question is making assumptions that are not true. Personally I am
a strong atheist, but I do not loath or despise anyone. I occasionally
loath or despise what someone is doing (like telling lies about
atheists), but as for persons, I believe they are all precious and
rare individuals; even those who act abominably.

Love,

Peter van Velzen
March 2009
Amstelveen
The Netherlands

Mike Painter

Mar 13, 2009, 1:12:23 PM3/13/09
R.S. wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those,
<snip>

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others
> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.

I certainly don't think any of you are wroth hating or despising.
You all make the same basic claim but then attack each other for not having
the One True Belief. You have lost the ability to kill each other over
these beliefs and for the most part have lost the ability to ruin the lives
of those who don't believe as you do.
You ignore the parts of the bible that don't suit your economic status. If
Christians did in fact show such concern for the well being of others this
land would be a much nicer place.

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

Perhaps you and the other two One True Christians practice this "Selfless
Love " but I would be surprised if you did.
The money you spend each month on the Internet could feed someone in Africa
for a month.
Do you have cable TV?
How many hours do you volunteer a month to help others?
Do you own a car? Can you honestly say that your needs can not be met with
public transportation and an occasional cab?

> Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives atheists
> to hate real Christians that practice selfless living (remember no
> one
> is perfect especially Christians, but true Christians recognized and
> acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)

Ther's the get out of jail free card "no one is perfect" may be true but it
does not excuse you from not giving up your toys to help people.
It does not excuse you from working on a soup line, or doing some of teh
otehr community service activities that are needed.

<snip>

> The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling
> evidence?)

No. Read "Who wrote the Bible" if you want a summation of over 100 years of
compelling evidence.

Jim Austin

Mar 13, 2009, 1:26:22 PM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 4:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> a dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus
> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled
> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),a Soul (mind
> - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward something, and the
> actions resulting from that will - this is your essence -who you
> personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this essense
> of you when you die), and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five
> senses, if you exist only to please those five senses thats called
> living in the flesh or living in sin, but is not only limited to
> Flesh
> but also selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and
> ego), words, and deeds.

I don't hate Christians.

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others
> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.
>

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

Selfless Love is a contradiction in terms. True love is selfish. It is
a reaction to certain traits of another person. To love everybody is
to love nobody, to decide nobody deserves any special treatment, as in
treatment reserved for loved ones.

> Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives atheists
> to hate real Christians that practice selfless living (remember no
> one
> is perfect especially  Christians, but true Christians recognized and
> acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)

Christians who claim to love everybody in facts loves nobody, which
explains much of their actions.

> Does a True Atheist believe in a Real Body of which most of us have
> five senses to please or self deny out of selflessness and do good or
> evil with that body, that that body is either alive (with Spirit) or
> a pile of dead flesh, Do they believe a person creates thoughts, has
> emotions, and will (goal , desire, or self created purpose - be it
> good or evil) (Christians call it a soul and believe it can be saved
> or kept).

Christianity is in fact opposed to any and all pleasures, including
that of the mind.

> Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?

Still an atheist.

> Dare to go further than that?

Further than what?

> How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> a chosen nation out of Slaves?

Question assumes facts not in evidence.

> The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling

> evidence?)http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-...

History Channel documentaries on the Exodus seeks rational
explanations on the supposed miracles reported.

> Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> person.

Still an atheist.

> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.

No amount of information supports arbitrary claims of Christians.

> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the
> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.

No. Denying people the right to make decisions about what they think
is strictly a Christian trait.

> Whose choice is it anyway?

Mine.

> An informed You, or the Atheist - who tells you they know more than
> you and therefore you should just accept
> their opinion as the Truth.

I certainly don't accept the irrational drivel from Christians as
truth.

> If you think that little of yourself and your own ability to make up
> your own mind, then I guess you're willing to stake your life on the
> opinion they're right.

No. Christians are the ones who forgo their own observations and
passively go by the opinion of others. Indeed, faith in God starts out
as absolute faith in somebody who asserts there is a God.

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
> choose its your choice to make!

I know of no smart person who accepts the irrational ravings of
Christians.

<Snip> Signature block.

Terry Cross

Mar 13, 2009, 1:34:16 PM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 4:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus
> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled
> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),

The creepy unspoken truth is that most outspoken Atheists are really
Jews who were schooled in Christian-hatred from their earliest
childhood.

Mention the Holocaust and watch how many "Atheists" leap to their feet
to defend Israel.

TCross

chibiabos

Mar 13, 2009, 1:35:27 PM3/13/09
In article
R.S. <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus
> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit

Because you're collectively so in-your-face rude about it. You're
everywhere and you never let us forget it. Can't walk a city block
without seeing one of your temples. Your slogans are on our money. You
make national policy based on Bronze-Age Middle Eastern myths. You
extort money, time and energy from your sheep with no real return on
investment. And you demand that everyone else think the same way you
do.

If you would just keep your foolish ideas and beliefs to yourself,
things would be a lot better for everyone, including atheists.

-chib

--
Member of SMASH
Sarcastic Middle-Aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor

panam...@hotmail.com

Mar 13, 2009, 1:39:54 PM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

snip

Not all of `em. Just the pablum-sucking morons who post their dumbass
fairy tales into alt.atheism as if any of that stupid shit ever
happened.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!

JohnH

Mar 13, 2009, 2:50:00 PM3/13/09
"Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God
must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that
diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Granted, that is a hard saying, but if you never learn anything else
about Christians and our Bibles, at least try understanding this about
us: Christianity is having biblical faith. You don't have to understand
it completely, however. Just understanding it enough to be a little
more sensitive or considerate would be helpful.

Uncle Vic

Mar 13, 2009, 2:51:34 PM3/13/09
One fine day in alt.atheism, "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
> choose its your choice to make!

I already have.

> Bible
> http://www.biblegateway.com/

From your site:

Verse of the day

“[More Than Conquerors] And we know that in all things God works for the
good of those who love him, who have been called according to his
purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Your god sure missed the boat by sending Katrina into New Orleans,
destroying hundreds of churches, but missing the entire French Quarter.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

Terry Cross

Mar 13, 2009, 3:07:27 PM3/13/09

Meditate carefully on that statement. Jesus does not require faith in
the Bible. Jesus requires faith in God. Biblical faith makes you
totally dependent on the authors, translators, and printers of the
Bible. I suggest that where evil and human failings are afoot,
Biblical faith is not sufficient.

TCross

Christopher A. Lee

Mar 13, 2009, 3:07:42 PM3/13/09

What kind of fucking moron rudely and stupidly cites the Bible in the
real world outside his religion to people he knows aren't Christian?

>Granted, that is a hard saying, but if you never learn anything else
>about Christians and our Bibles, at least try understanding this about
>us: Christianity is having biblical faith. You don't have to understand
>it completely, however. Just understanding it enough to be a little
>more sensitive or considerate would be helpful.

Your kind of fuckiing moron.

--

Agent 5 users can filter 90% of Usenet spam using
message-id: {google}

George

Mar 13, 2009, 3:17:50 PM3/13/09

R.S. wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being

I think hate is a too strong a term for the pity I feel for innocents
sucked in by a rapacious belief system.
I have a list of some 5000 deities, each of which was just as
fanatically believed in as is the current crop.
And all of which have faded into history as rational thought grew
amongst the supporting populations.
There are no gods!

Thommadura

Mar 13, 2009, 4:16:10 PM3/13/09

Nonsense

These are not anyone else's space - these are OPEN Usenet discussion
groups. You do not get to decide who is welcome or not.

A discussion group will have persons from ALL sides of an issue - not
just those that agree with your personal delusion. There will be people
who are on the side of PROVABLE truth - of which religion has none.

If YOU want a one sided relgious discussion - join a catholic church -
they will be happy to compeltely ignore you!

Sanity's Little Helper

Mar 13, 2009, 3:20:40 PM3/13/09
It is an ancient Uncle Vic <add...@withheld.com>, and he posteth:

> One fine day in alt.atheism, "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>
>> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
>> choose its your choice to make!
>
> I already have.
>

>> Bible
>> http://www.biblegateway.com/
>
> From your site:
>
> Verse of the day
>
> “[More Than Conquerors] And we know that in all things God works for the
> good of those who love him, who have been called according to his
> purpose.”- Romans 8:28
>
> Your god sure missed the boat by sending Katrina into New Orleans,
> destroying hundreds of churches, but missing the entire French Quarter.

You have to wonder about this God guy, I mean, he did get a homosexual to
commission the first and most popular English version of his Wholly Babble

Christopher A. Lee

Mar 13, 2009, 3:24:55 PM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:16:10 -0500, Thommadura
<tomm...@optonline.net> wrote:

>Syd wrote:
>> On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>>> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

Why are so many theists such dishonest, bigoted liars?

>> Because they do what you are doing, IE, busting into someone else's
>> space and preaching where it is not welcome or expected. When you can
>> respect other people's beliefs we'll respect you, but as long as you
>> keep bullying your way around, we'll call you on it.
>>
>> PDW
>
>Nonsense
>
>These are not anyone else's space - these are OPEN Usenet discussion
>groups. You do not get to decide who is welcome or not.
>
>A discussion group will have persons from ALL sides of an issue - not
>just those that agree with your personal delusion. There will be people
>who are on the side of PROVABLE truth - of which religion has none.
>
>If YOU want a one sided relgious discussion - join a catholic church -
>they will be happy to compeltely ignore you!

Alt.atheism was not set up for religionists to "discuss" their
religion with the presumption that is factual, but for atheists to
discuss our own issues.

The content of somebody else's religion is hardly an issue because it
merely what somebody else believes.

Theists who are prepared to discuss them from our point of view are
welcome.

But the kind of theist we get far too many of here, are themselves
part of the wider issue of the behaviour towards atheists these days.

Syd

Mar 13, 2009, 3:56:11 PM3/13/09

We don't care; Keep it to yourself, and it'll be better for everyone.
But you can't, you have to tell everyone, wether they want to hear it
or not.

PDW

Syd

Mar 13, 2009, 3:57:50 PM3/13/09

Look son- Alt-ATHEISM. Not Alt-PLEASECOMEANDPREACHATUS.
We don't want to hear it. Don't bring it here, and we won't take you
to task.

PDW

L.Roberts

Mar 13, 2009, 4:31:35 PM3/13/09
> [...]

> person.
>
> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.
>
> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the
> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.
>
> Whose choice is it anyway?
>
> An informed You, or the Atheist - who tells you they know more than
> you and therefore you should just accept
> their opinion as the Truth.
>
> If you think that little of yourself and your own ability to make up
> your own mind, then I guess you're willing to stake your life on the
> opinion they're right.
>
> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You

As a former so called believer, for me, it is because most of them, to
me, are loathsome and despicable.

L.Roberts
aa # 2258

John Locke

Mar 13, 2009, 4:43:21 PM3/13/09
<ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

>Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

>(Life Force, i.e. LIFE.....

I don't hate anyone. I just find proselytizing, con jobs, child abuse,
self-righteousness, greed, ignorance, harassment and the complete
rejection of hard scientific evidence to be disgusting and completely
undigestable.

>the difference between being alive and being

>dead pile of rotting flesh....
You're admitting you're a dead pile of rotting fish ?

"The people who are regarded as moral luminaries are those
who forego ordinary pleasures themselves and find
compensation in interfering with the pleasures of others."

Bertrand Russell (1872-1970), British philosopher.

JohnH

Mar 13, 2009, 4:55:06 PM3/13/09
Look, we're all people trying to live together in this world. Mike
mentioned soup lines and doing community services, and that means he's
interested in people. What's wrong with trying to help people see that
Christians are people, too?

> PDW

XaurreauX

Mar 13, 2009, 5:38:54 PM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being
> dead pile of rotting flesh-

Actually, most people I know identify with Christianity and are mature
adults unlike the superstitious, willfull ignoramuses who post in
these forums.

David Canzi

Mar 13, 2009, 5:45:23 PM3/13/09
If you think we hate all Christians, you're probably generalizing
from a sample size of 1.

--
David Canzi

Twangman

Mar 13, 2009, 5:53:53 PM3/13/09
Why Do Atheists Loath and Despise Christians?

Well, generally speaking, we don't.

This whole, "atheists hate us, and persecute us", thing is just a bullshit line that
christian fanatics, tell each other, so that they can feel all tingly in their tightie
whities, because this is what Jesus said would happen.

They need to feel persecuted, so that they can tell them selves how righteous they are,
and if they are not personally being persecuted, then they buy into an urban myth, that
says that 88% of the population, is being persecuted by just 8%.

88%, BTW, who do everything in their power to make sure that the 8%, will never be in a
position to even stand up for their rights, never mind persecute the majority.

It is members of the 88%, who picket the funerals of your soldiers who are killed in
action.
The 8% might disagree with what they are supposedly fighting for, but they honour their
bravery, and their sacrifice.

But according to the 88%, being forced to abide by the laws, and the constitution, is
persecution.

Don Martin

Mar 13, 2009, 7:03:49 PM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:16:10 -0500, Thommadura <tomm...@optonline.net> wrote:

>Syd wrote:
>> On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>>> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
>>
>> Because they do what you are doing, IE, busting into someone else's
>> space and preaching where it is not welcome or expected. When you can
>> respect other people's beliefs we'll respect you, but as long as you
>> keep bullying your way around, we'll call you on it.
>>
>> PDW
>
>Nonsense
>
>These are not anyone else's space - these are OPEN Usenet discussion
>groups. You do not get to decide who is welcome or not.

The name "alt.atheism" might give the sentient a tiny clue regarding whether or
not their preachings might be welcome.

-
aa #2278 If you can't be a dirty old man, what is the point of being an old man?
Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
The Squeeky Wheel: http://home.comcast.net/~drdonmartin/

Don Martin

Mar 13, 2009, 7:03:49 PM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:43:21 -0700, John Locke <johnloc...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700 (PDT), "R.S."
><ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>
>>Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
>>(Life Force, i.e. LIFE.....
>>
>I don't hate anyone. I just find proselytizing, con jobs, child abuse,
>self-righteousness, greed, ignorance, harassment and the complete
>rejection of hard scientific evidence to be disgusting and completely
>undigestable.
>
>>the difference between being alive and being
>>dead pile of rotting flesh....
>You're admitting you're a dead pile of rotting fish ?

Piggybacking:

The offended christbot wonders "Why do you so hate and despise . . . ?"

In his brilliant novel, _Mister Roberts_, Thomas Heggen observed while speaking
of the Captain (paraphrased--over 60 years since I read it), "in hate there is
something of fear and of respect. The men did not hate the Captain. He was
actively disliked or vigorously loathed: they neither feared nor respected him
enough to hate him."

Similarly, I doubt that very many atheists hate christians: christians
habitually over play the fear card (yer gonna burn in hell iff'n yew don't
believe like me!) to the extent that both fear and respect vanish in their
presence. So long as they keep themselves to themselves, I am perfectly willing
for them to continue their nonsense without any trouble from me, and I suspect
that other atheists are pretty much the same in this regard. I have never
subscribed to nor read any religious newsgroup (I have crossposted to them only
when the message to which I was replying was crossposted): so far as I am
concerned, that is _their_, and none of my, business. I stay out of churches,
however tempting it might be to call out, "It's all bullshit, folks!" for
churches are, to my mind, as private as houses.

I have known some decent persons who have been christians; curiously enough,
they rarely turn up on atheist newsgroups (or on my doormat uninvited). The ones
who do show up here are typically more contemptible than hateworthy. Their
ignorance is appalling and their self-assurance revolting: it is not surprising
that they tend to be viewed by the resident atheists in about the same light as
they inspect a mashed dog turd on the sole of a shoe.

One does not hate the dog turd, however much one might be disgusted by it.

Christopher A. Lee

Mar 13, 2009, 6:32:18 PM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:03:49 -0500, Don Martin
<drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:43:21 -0700, John Locke <johnloc...@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700 (PDT), "R.S."
>><ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
>>>(Life Force, i.e. LIFE.....
>>>
>>I don't hate anyone. I just find proselytizing, con jobs, child abuse,
>>self-righteousness, greed, ignorance, harassment and the complete
>>rejection of hard scientific evidence to be disgusting and completely
>>undigestable.
>>
>>>the difference between being alive and being
>>>dead pile of rotting flesh....
>>You're admitting you're a dead pile of rotting fish ?
>
>Piggybacking:
>
>The offended christbot wonders "Why do you so hate and despise . . . ?"

Here's why:

http://www.webs05.com/images/religion/cartoons/atheist-cartoon.gif

Andy W

Mar 13, 2009, 6:50:29 PM3/13/09
On 13 Mar, 11:05, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

That must look really weird to the readers in the Christian
newsgroups...

<snips>

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others
> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.
>

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

Ask a dozen Christians what true Christianity is like and you get a
dozen different answers, all describing how that Christian sees
himself.

<snip>>

> Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?
>
> Dare to go further than that?
>
> How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> a chosen nation out of Slaves?
>

> The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling

> evidence?)http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-...
>
> Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> person.

I thought humility was supposed to be a Christian virtue. But look at
you: first you tell us how we feel instead of asking, then imagine
that a few lines of really badly written drivel will be sufficient to
convert us from atheists to believers just like that. That's not
humility, it's prideful arrogance.

Andy

John Locke

Mar 13, 2009, 6:58:53 PM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:03:49 -0500, Don Martin
<drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:

heh, heh ..I couldn't have said it better.

Liz

Mar 13, 2009, 7:27:55 PM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 7:05 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
> (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and being

> dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept Jesus
> as your personal Lord and Savior and ask to be filled with the Holy
> Spirit (A Conscience of good and evil) that Spirit is co-mingled
> (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),a Soul (mind
> - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward something, and the
> actions resulting from that will - this is your essence -who you
> personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this essense
> of you when you die), and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five
> senses, if you exist only to please those five senses thats called
> living in the flesh or living in sin, but is not only limited to
> Flesh
> but also selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and
> ego), words, and deeds.

Wow! That's a lot to believe without a lick of supporting evidence.

> True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
> selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
> others
> (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their body,
> but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.
>
> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> what real Christianity is.

Hippity Hop to the Barber Shop. See I can capitalize random words,
too. It makes what I say oh so much more meaningful.

Is this post an example of your selfless love? If so, your love is
hard to differentiate from sanctimonious twaddle.

> Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives atheists
> to hate real Christians that practice selfless living (remember no
> one
> is perfect especially  Christians, but true Christians recognized and
> acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)

Christians merely ask God© to forgive them when they do something
wrong. A Christian who asks forgiveness from the real person they
have actually harmed seems exceedingly rare.

BTW, I don't hate you. I merely don't believe your silly notions,
which being the True© Christian that you are, you interpret as
persecution.

> Does a True Atheist believe in a Real Body of which most of us have
> five senses to please or self deny out of selflessness and do good or
> evil with that body, that that body is either alive (with Spirit) or
> pile of dead flesh, Do they believe a person creates thoughts, has
> emotions, and will (goal , desire, or self created purpose - be it
> good or evil) (Christians call it a soul and believe it can be saved
> or kept).

Christians call a lot of things by names that don't have any real
world referent. Naming an imaginary thing does not make it exist.

> Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?

Yes, still an atheist, you silly little person.

FYI: the word atheist is not capitalized unless it is at the
beginning of a sentence. Same for agnostic, but then you capitalize
word like Real and Little, so I guess that the rules aren't that
important to you.

> Dare to go further than that?
>
> How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> a chosen nation out of Slaves?

I don't believe that fairy tales have any validity.

[---]

> Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> person.

Ah, no.

> Don't deny yourself knowledge, find out for yourself. and make an
> informed decision before you no longer have that option.

Ooooooooo. Scary.

> Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision about
> whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the life the
> Bible said he did and who the Bible says he is and the Choice to
> Accept What he did for you or not.

Ah, no.

> Whose choice is it anyway?

I'm pro choice. That means that every individual choses for him/
herself.

[----]

> Be smart enough to at least find out for yourself, either way You
> choose its your choice to make!

I choose reality.

May Lint© show you the way.

Liz #658

Message has been deleted

Ted L

Mar 13, 2009, 7:53:00 PM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 12:26 pm, Jim Austin <b...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Just so you don't die in your own conceit, be not deceived, God is not
mocked. By one man sin entered into the world and death by sin, and
so all men die (for all have sinned). You love the darkness because
your deeds are evil, and you blithely hope you can make a compact with
death and hell in order to avert the coming wrath that will torment
your soul to everlasting. God promises you won't escape his wrath,
and your compact with death and hell isn't just voidable, it shall be
annulled. In your agony and desparation you will pray to the your god
to fall on you, but it won't hear because your wicked heart made it
all up so that you could fulfill the desires of your wicked heart for
a season; but that season is coming to an end and a new one is
approaching. Unless ye repent you will be torn out by the roots and
cast into the fire where your worm shall not die, neither shall your
fire be quenched; and you shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

"What must I do to be Saved?"
http://www.wayoflife.org/whatmust.htm

Message has been deleted

Santolina chamaecyparissus

Mar 13, 2009, 9:17:42 PM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 4:47 pm, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

> I did not intend to upset you, but do you really feel you have
> all the answers on how life works, if you do where did you get it
> from?

I got it from here:

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

Thommadura

Mar 13, 2009, 10:19:06 PM3/13/09

We don't question christians - until they start with the nonsense that
their reigious belief is TRUTH and the ONLY way - and we will not be
saved - and all the other nonsensical claims that have no basis in fact
or truth.

For the most part - we attack the religion - not the people.
As a former long time christian who had the religion convince him that
it is nothing but a fraud - It is just as much my right to discuss the
religion from the side of PROVABLE truth - as it is yours to be deluded
by the nonsense.

Thommadura

Mar 13, 2009, 10:21:43 PM3/13/09

First - I am a great grandfather - Sonny.

Second - if you don't like it - you leave - YOU have no right to ask me to.

I really don't care what YOU want.

Thommadura

Mar 13, 2009, 10:22:10 PM3/13/09

And YOU do the same thing

We are only correcting your errors for you.

Don Martin

Mar 13, 2009, 10:36:07 PM3/13/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:53:00 -0700 (PDT), Ted L <ted...@ymail.com> wrote:

>On Mar 13, 12:26 pm, Jim Austin <b...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
>Just so you don't die in your own conceit, be not deceived, God is not
>mocked.

Well, fuck him, then.

Terry Cross

Mar 13, 2009, 9:40:38 PM3/13/09
On Mar 13, 7:21 pm, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net> wrote:

> I really don't care what YOU want.

And for that attitude, there is a clinical name derived from the Greek
- as all good medical names should be.

TCross

Jim Austin

Mar 13, 2009, 9:45:00 PM3/13/09

Such believers are congenitally incapable to forming an argument that
doesn't presuppose their own conclusion. Problem is, it only works on
those already predisposed to believe.

> "What must I do to be Saved?"

From what?

<Snip> The rest.

Smiler

Mar 13, 2009, 11:17:03 PM3/13/09

Whoa!
First show objective evidence that this god character exists, then we'll
talk.

Smiler,
The godless one
a.a.# 2279

Smiler

Mar 13, 2009, 11:25:34 PM3/13/09
Don Martin wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:43:21 -0700, John Locke
> <johnloc...@comcast.net> wrote:

<Begin nominated portion>

> I have known some decent persons who have been christians; curiously
> enough, they rarely turn up on atheist newsgroups (or on my doormat
> uninvited). The ones who do show up here are typically more
> contemptible than hateworthy. Their ignorance is appalling and their
> self-assurance revolting: it is not surprising that they tend to be
> viewed by the resident atheists in about the same light as they
> inspect a mashed dog turd on the sole of a shoe.
>
> One does not hate the dog turd, however much one might be disgusted
> by it.

<End nominated portion>

Seconds anyone?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mike Painter

Mar 13, 2009, 11:52:32 PM3/13/09
JohnH wrote:
<snip>

as Shown on the History Channel (Is this
>>> compeling evidence?)
>> No. Read "Who wrote the Bible" if you want a summation of over 100
>> years of compelling evidence.
>>

> "Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to
> God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that
> diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).
>
> Granted, that is a hard saying, but if you never learn anything else
> about Christians and our Bibles, at least try understanding this about
> us: Christianity is having biblical faith. You don't have to
> understand it completely, however. Just understanding it enough to
> be a little more sensitive or considerate would be helpful.

There you go, The first response to my post tells me that something elxe is
required to be a True Christian.
Only 28,998 more to be heard from, then the ones who don't belong to one of
those groups can start.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Lars Eighner

Mar 14, 2009, 4:10:46 AM3/14/09
In our last episode,
<1f12ce13-d848-43d6...@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, the
lovely and talented R.S. broadcast on alt.atheism:

> Why do atheists so hate and despise

people who try to use the power of the state to impose their religious
fictions on others?

Could it be centuries of persecution?

--
Lars Eighner *Atheist #1965* use...@larseighner.com <http://larseighner.com/>
52 days since Rick Warren prayed over Bush's third term.

Message has been deleted

walksalone

Mar 14, 2009, 4:49:46 AM3/14/09
"R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> news:559f68f6-580c-4269-b608-22a459a90b51
@h5g2000yqh.googlegroups.com

> On Mar 13, 8:17 pm, Santolina chamaecyparissus <santol...@juno.com>

> So this is where you get all pertenant info on Christians
> (or money grubbing Fake Christians)

Er, no. Real ife provides plenty of examples opf Real Christians™, & a
sad example most of them are. BTW, you don't get to declare who is ior
is not a True Christian. That is up to your imaginary fioend, if the
Greek Testaments are true. Of course, rthere is a conflictiong pasage in
there from Saul. But the Buckoo who never was, AKA Jesus of nazareth,
said that was his chore in Heaven™. Oc course, he didn't say how Adam
felt about that.

> Here's what I say to that!
You say, or someone else doing your thinking again?

> Cash cow
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0QXZHaUdD8

walksalone who accepts the authority of youtube as much as he does
wikipedia. Not at all. They do have some good videos though. The
keyword atheist provides some food for thought for many that can deal
with it.

A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is a
superstition. -Jose Bergamin, author (1895-1983)

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Mar 14, 2009, 4:58:27 AM3/14/09
Morontheist R.S.:

> Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

Why do you arserape 5 little boys a day?

--
"To his friend a man a friend shall prove, and gifts with gifts requite;
But men shall mocking with mockery answer, and fraud with falsehood meet."

My personal judgment of monotheism:
http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus

walksalone

Mar 14, 2009, 5:17:03 AM3/14/09
"Smiler" <Smi...@Joe.King.com> news:WsFul.86462$PT2....@newsfe11.ams2

Yup

walksalone

Robibnikoff

Mar 14, 2009, 5:33:04 AM3/14/09

"R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote in message

> Why do you so hate and despise those,

Oh, fuck you, I don't hate anyone. I just have a low tolerance for stupid.
Now, run along. The adults want to talk.
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Robibnikoff

Mar 14, 2009, 5:36:14 AM3/14/09

On Mar 13, 11:04 am, Sanity's Little Helper <elv...@noshpam.org>
wrote:
> It is an ancient "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net>, and he posteth:

> > From: "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net>
> > Newsgroups:
> > alt.atheism,alt.christnet.philosophy,alt.bible.prophecy,alt.messianic,alt.r苟ligion.christian.baptist
> > Subject: Why Do Atheists Loath and Despise Christians?
> > Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700 (PDT)
> > Organization:http://groups.google.com
> > alt.christnet.philosophy:35659 alt.bible.prophecy:30675349
> > alt.messianic:30580707 alt.religion.christian.baptist:31175088
>
> OrgName: HickoryTech Corporation
> OrgID: HICKO
> Address: 2730 3rd Avenue
> Address: P.O. Box 3288
> City: Mankato
> StateProv: MN
> PostalCode: 56002-3288
> Country: US
>
> NetRange: 69.24.160.0 - 69.24.191.255
> CIDR: 69.24.160.0/19
> NetName: HTCO-BLK-2
> NetHandle: NET-69-24-160-0-1
> Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
> NetType: Direct Allocation
> NameServer: NS1.HICKORYTECH.NET
> NameServer: NS2.HICKORYTECH.NET
> Comment:
> RegDate: 2003-02-14
> Updated: 2003-11-20
>
> OrgAbuseHandle: COPYR-ARIN
> OrgAbuseName: DMCA Copyright Notifications
> OrgAbusePhone: +1-507-387-1151
> OrgAbuseEmail: copyri...@hickorytech.net
>
> OrgAbuseHandle: HANS-ARIN
> OrgAbuseName: HickoryTech Abuse and Network Security
> OrgAbusePhone: +1-507-387-6430
> OrgAbuseEmail: ab...@hickorytech.net
>
> Abuse report sent.
>
> --
> David Silverman
> aa #2208
> Defender of Civilisationhttp://dave-grumpygit.blogspot.com/
>
> Not authentic without this signature.- Hide quoted text -

>Abuse????? Is this not an open group with alt views regarding atheism?

Nope. Now FOAD.

Twangman

Mar 14, 2009, 5:37:08 AM3/14/09

...But I'll bet it isn't as hard to pronounce, as your problem.

Robibnikoff

Mar 14, 2009, 5:38:13 AM3/14/09

On Mar 13, 6:03 pm, Don Martin <drdonmar...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:16:10 -0500, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net>
> wrote:
> >Syd wrote:
>
> >> Because they do what you are doing, IE, busting into someone else's
> >> space and preaching where it is not welcome or expected. When you can
> >> respect other people's beliefs we'll respect you, but as long as you
> >> keep bullying your way around, we'll call you on it.

Bullying and busting into some one's space, you make it sound like,
I'm trying to beat the hell out of you, if you don't agree with me.
I am not, but I am soliciting your opinion on ideas I posted.
Not your opinion of me or my mental state, but about the ideas
I posted and nothing else.

>> PDW
>
> >Nonsense
>
> >These are not anyone else's space - these are OPEN Usenet discussion
> >groups. You do not get to decide who is welcome or not.
>
> The name "alt.atheism" might give the sentient a tiny clue regarding
> whether or
> not their preachings might be welcome.

> -
> aa #2278 If you can't be a dirty old man, what is the point of being an
> old man?
> Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
> The Squeeky Wheel: http://home.comcast.net/~drdonmartin/- Hide quoted
> text -

>Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ the water's cooooooold in here,
>you must be freezin with that cold attitude.

What a douche. PLONK

walksalone

Mar 14, 2009, 5:42:20 AM3/14/09
Santolina chamaecyparissus <sant...@juno.com> news:b38c01c5-78b1-418f-
bb0f-c4f...@q11g2000yqh.googlegroups.com

Interesting site, sometimes I can't tell them from real life according to
xians.

walksalone who prefers not to do one liners, but sometimes, well, excuse me
while I go stand in my corner.

For what is Truth? In matters of religion, it is simply the
opinion that has survived. In matters of science, it is the
ultimate sensation.
—oscar Wilde

walksalone

Mar 14, 2009, 7:33:48 AM3/14/09
"R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net>

> On Mar 13, 7:32 am, walksalone <spamstop...@nerdshack.com> wrote:
>> "R.S."
>> <r...@hickorytech.net>news:99a34ead-286e-4274-813c-92afe468d08e@40
> g2000yqe.googlegroups.com
>>
>> Oh my, we have been other troll on the loose.  My apologies to the
>> audience, but some absurdities must be pointed out.
>>
> Attack the messenger, because the message has struck a nerve?

More on the lines, if it walks like a duck, it quacks like a duck, and it
shits like a duck, the odds imply that it is a duck. In other words,
your actions indicate you are a troll, especially considering your
posting this to a group where it is simply off topic. All.atheism is not
flypaper for fools, and yet with undo frequency they wander in. Case in
point, here you are. Look at the headers. I have trimmed them to the
two groups did I occupy. It's referred to as courtesy, something trolls
or lack.

> Troll implies what? A view other than your own?

Troll does not imply, it states. Among the things it states is a person
does not disturb the bucket has arrived amongst us. In case you missed
the connection, that means you. When you post off topic to a newsgroup,
you are behaving like a troll. There is a way around that, but you don't
care to educate yourself, why should I?

Snip, one of the earmarks of a troll is a disinclination to trim the
message to the portions that it is responding to, and mark those
trimmings.

>> flood the xian groups with information that is pertinent to them, and
>> if I was to act like you, they tend it was for their spiritual good
>> and well being.   Courtesy tells me, I do not have to act like you.
>>  And I prefer not to.
> .

> I did not intend to upset you, but do you really feel you have
> all the answers on how life works, if you do where did you get it
> from?

You haven't, nor can you. A seen your like come and go for close to 65
years. I've seen them in combat situations, I've seen them when they had
the power. At no time was it a pretty sight. And in stark contrast, I
have seen xians who are decent people, accepted the fact that not
everybody had their mythology on their mind, they were quite capable of
accepting it on that basis. Possibly because basically before they
became xians, they were nice people. I say, possibly even know, I
believe probably.

>> > (Life Force, i.e. LIFE- the difference between being alive and
>> > being a
>> > dead pile of rotting flesh- Christians believe when you accept
>> > Jesus
>>
> Do you deny that you exist as a living person, and when you die
> whatever electrical impulses you brain sent to your body to operate it
> cease?

Why would I deny that? After all is what happens. And just as you don't
remember all of the billions of years you supposedly preexisted [as the
Hebrew Bible implies, where were you], there is no reason to assume that
you have any post-existence possible. Not even probable. I realize that
is contrary to your opinion, but I'm quite used in current uninformed
opinions on usenet. Surprisingly, sometimes those uninformed opinions
are mine, and people who know more about the subject and I didn't want me
in the correct direction so I can remove that ignorance from my life.
Sometimes I don't want to, but if they are correct, they are correct and
can provide evidence to support that.
In the case of revealed gods of the Desert, we have an inverse situation.
We have big gate national epic, commonly referred to by xians and others
as the Old Testament. It's not it's the Hebrew Bible. And in that
battle, we find no indication that yahweh will boink a virgin 2000 years
ago and just so you can be saved. In fact, the Hebrew Bible indicates
otherwise. But one must be able to read in context, social and
historical, to begin to understand that. And no, it is not instinctive.
Instinct says just what your elders have said, even if they are wrong.
Because during the evolution of humanity, they were right more than they
were wrong. Such as when they told you, back then, don't pet the
sabertooth tiger. It had to do with the survival of the group. If you
did not survive, you could not contribute to the group's survival. Not
real complicated, but easily overlooked.

>> What you believe has nothing to do with reality, or the way people
>> live their lives.
>>
> Why compells you to think your concept of reality is correct?
> You claim you have the corner on the market of reality, Why?

It could be wrong, but the information to hand indicates. It's a lot
closer to the truth, capitalized or not, at any mythology to date. It's
not complicated, claims made on behalf of the gods of xianity are
contradictory, and the claim of free will for humanity is impossible
under those claims. Not to mention, the Hebrew Bible puts that like the
rest in the book of Exodus, among others.

>>Everybody reacts to situational ethics, and free will as
>> claimed by the xian mythology is nonexistent.
>>
> Are you saying people are so ignorant that they can't

No, but you are. You're making the assumption that your position is the
only possible correct one, thereby totally disregarding all of the 25,000
plus gods of humanity who have an equal possibility of being correct.
Just because they do not have the followers does not mean they are wrong.
Strange how that works, to be true, a thing simply must be true in all
circumstances. Such as the human chest is not designed to stop a large
caliber rifle bullet with impunity. The damage will be done, no god has
been able to prevent this as of yet, which is an indication that prayer
does not work.

> possibly make a choice to agree or disagrree, it appears you are.

Whether or not we agree or disagree is immaterial, what is pertinent is
the evidence you bring to the table for discussion. You invoke logical
fallacies, which discussion of the mythology and claiming it is correct
is a requirement. Among them circular logic, as an example, quoting
biblical scripture, or more actually, Greek Testament Scripture, and
assuming you are correct in doing so. That's not evidence, it's in the
same category of the book of Chtulu being a correction description of the
ultimate god, or more correctly, the entity with godlike powers. After
all, after he consumes you, you will live for ever in his mind. And that
is the one for me, viable alternatives to your position. By the way,
there actually is a cult of that name. Based on what I'm not sure,
possibly is starting to same way xianity did.

>>For one thing, that's a
>> derivative, and irrevocable derivative, based on the claims made on
>> behalf of the Revealed Gods of the Desert.

snip

>> requirements for a fulfilling and spiritual life is phenomenal, and
>> yet extremely common among those they claim they have a personal pet
>> named god, or in your case, Jesus the Christ.
>>
> Yet history is divided by his very existence in B.C. and A.D.

Only in countries that use the Gregorian calendar for anything but
business. This includes what is referred to jokingly as Western
civilization. Talk about arrogance. Do you even know how this came to
pass, who is the culprit behind that particular arrogant assumption, I'll
give you a hint, it was not Pope Gregory. Do you even know when it came
into common usage? If not, & it is so important, why not? No, history
is not divided into the xian snobbery system. It primarily, until
xianity imposed its iron boot across the necks of Europe, was based on
the lunar system. The majority of the world's population still use the
lunar system which has nothing to do with xianity.

> The one history cannot find even know it has
>> been heavily searched for.  It does not matter to you, your ignorance
>> will not permit it to matter, it feels your need for a warm spot in a
>> region of the crotch, and that is all that really matters in your
>> case.
>>
> You really got your hateful venom flowing now don't you?

It may be hateful to you, and it may be venomous to you. But the truth
frequently is at odds with those they claim they know when reality, they
are being turned along by their emotions which have been lied to but
stroked. If you would care to think about it, would you accept as
reality anything that made you totally uncomfortable and caused you
grief. If you do not have to, you won't. That's human nature, sometimes
good, sometimes bad. Have you heard of the Stockholm syndrome, and sums
up the thinking by xianity, and as far as I can tell, any other organized
mythology. What you are being informed of, is reality does not care for
you or I think about it, it just is. The fact remains, the xians act as
if they are above and beyond everybody else. Your current effort being a
case in point. You assume the atheist need to hear what you have to say
in spite of them having heard it, in my case at least, since 1995 on
usenet. You provide no evidence and gave every indication of being on
ego trip. Now, given that perspective, other than personal
gratification, what justification can you give for your presence at this
time. Other than personal self gratification that is?

snip

>> right, you would not be aware of él, for your handlers have not
>> informe
>> you of the reality for your myth is concerned, the reality that it's
>> synthetic and syncretic.
>>
> Ouch, more hate, more venom, you can't stand people who choose to not
> believe what you believe, can you?

More reality 101, now whether or not you like it is beside the point. It
doesn't go away. And as to your snide remark making the assumption I
can't stand people who choose to not believe what I believe, well, that's
simply more xian arrogance. What do I believe, you haven't a clue. You
do know. I don't have an active belief in gods, you don't know the
reasons behind that, nor is it likely you ever will be able to
comprehend. They contrast with your version of reality, and in the
United States, especially, xians cannot deal with that. They believe
they are correct, and everybody else is wrong. They are incapable as a
group of actually studying their mythology. Its foundations, the
foundations of the mythology it was developed on, as well as the
historical and social contexts of its development. This permits them to
remain ignorant of reality and gives them a sense of security. This is
based on interaction with many xians of many different cults.
As to not being able to stand people who do not choose to believe what I
believe, I'll leave that to the xians. You see, one box things about
being an atheist is that you learn, you just might not be correct.
Someone else may have a more accurate interpolation of what you're
looking at. You on the other hand, cannot abide the tranquility and
peace of mind that those who do not follow your mythology have for
themselves. They have a prize beyond any measure of wealth. If you
choose to invoke, and instinctively, I suspect you realize this. If not,
you would not be trying out your dog and pony show trying to commit other
people to follow your lead, a lead based on wishful thinking, and abuse
as a child. Possibly the worst possible variety of abuse no matter which
way it goes. In your case, xianity. Of course you realize, had he been
raised in Saudi Arabia, it would be Islam, or dependent upon the country
you're raised in, the local variation of god.

>> > (mixed) with yours and you no long can seperate the two),

>>>a Soul (mind - thoughts, emotions, will - goal to work toward
>>>something,
> and the
>>
>> Unfortunately for you, souls, like gods, are absent from the sphere
>> of human experience.  However, like gods, there are those that claim
>> they exist even know they can write no evidence in support of the
>> claim.  In other words, you are starting just so much hot air.
>>
> Did you read what I posted or are you just trying to say I said
> something I didn't?

I read what you posted, did you understand what you posted? What part of
souls are absent from the sphere of human experience if you have problems
with? Up to the point, I'm quite willing to help you understand what was
said. Your assumption that souls exist does not make it so, and given
the basis for your argument, indicates the probability that it is not so
to a degree that is not mathematically possible to express. Negative
numbers don't come that large, under normal circumstances.

>> > actions resulting from that will - this is your essence -who you
>> > personally are - Christians believe GOD (Yahweh) retains this
>> > essense
>>
>> In a word, bullshit.  Xians do not believe in Yahweh, but in Christ,
>> wh
>> supposedly is the son of yahweh and was trained by Yahweh for about
>> 4000 years prior to his grand entrance.  Of course, that brings to
>> mind the old saw, like father like son.  Yahweh did in fact strongly
>> resemble th
>> kings of old, only he was supersized.
>>
> Have you read the Bible? Obviously not, if you say christians don't
> believe in Yahweh.

Obviously, you have not read the Hebrew Bible. I have, in case you
haven't noticed, as is typical with people at all gods, the old gods are
being phased out & new gods are being ushered in the same powers the old
gods had. This been going on in the United States since the platform in
1950 when I first noticed the phenomena. Jesus Christ, the missing m
messiah, is being substituted for Yahweh, the missing god. I can't
really blame him, since the spectacle of World War II, one has to
question the advisability of following such a god as Yahweh. After all,
he was a pagan god until given a total respectability got been made, a
national god of a very small group of tribes located in ancient Judea.
Quite possibly, he was a Kennite god, but it's a fairly safe bet that he
was not from Ur as originally thought.
By the way, I do not read the Bible with xian commentary, they've got so
much of the history wrong, how can you trust the theology?

>> > of you when you die),
>>>
>>> and a Body (The Flesh) Denoted by your five senses,
>>> if you exist only to please those five senses ...sight, smell,
>>> touch, he
> aring, taste.
>>> thats called living in the flesh or living in sin,
>>> but is not only limited to Flesh
>>
>> I certainly hope you don't babble like this in public, or if you do,
>> you do it the privacy own bathroom looking in the mirror.
>>
> babble that word comes from the word Babylon now doesn't it>

No, it's even earlier than that.

>> > but also selfish or outright evil thoughts (self-centeredness and
>> > ego), words, and deeds.
>>
>> That would require me to become a xian, something that I cannot
>> ethically do.
>>
> using xian is your way of disrespecting others views, your self
> proclaimed wisdom does not really impress me.

I use xian, because, it's less typing, as well as the original Greek
version of the word. I'm sorry that you education does not include that
type of information, but I never was your teacher. And as to self
proclaimed wisdom, I'll leave that to you. Although I have learned that
some xians are decent people, I've also learned not to trust the
majority. Not because they are inherently evil, but they don't even
understand their own mythology, because, either. They are too lazy to
find out for themselves, or they follow their prohibition that does not
permit them to study it. It's a lazy man's religion, just simply follow
the leader. Don't question, don't ask, simply obey. That might work,
and appears to, for you, but for many it does not. I'm among the
fortunate few, that does not accept blindly, the proclamations of others.

>>Somehow or another, the idea of a pet god is repulsive to me.  Maybe
>> it's because, the result of believing in his pet god, the xian one in
>> particular, seems to have a corrosive effect on the majority of
>> people that encounter it.  I have yet to meet a xian, who sets the
>> biblical example.  Or, even understands what first Century xianity
>> was.  It certainly is not, what is practiced today.
>>
> I can agree with that it is disappointing to see people act that way.

And yet, you act that way without even realizing it.

>> Of course, how many xians
>> today even understand the foundation of the mythology can probably be
>> counted on both hands.  And then only because they are academics.

> This so called Mythology sent early christians to their death in the
> Roman collusium

It's not a so-called mythology, it is a mythology. Calling it religion
to clean up its act and make it more appealing to the uninformed does not
change that fact.
As to early xians going to their death in the Roman Coliseum, how much of
that can we really find historical records for? Why have found, is the
only actual references to these martyrdoms are xian writings. This
brings them into the suspected polluted in formation sources, and without
supporting evidence, I don't accept them as being verbatim and true.
Did some xians go to the Coliseum, undoubtedly. Considering the level of
society that was appealed to initially, the poor, the criminal etc., no
doubt, if you happened to be xian would have been put it off for the
amusement of the general public. And amusement that was continued under
xianity until approximately 500 Gregorian. Then it got just too darn
expensive and was discontinued. Not because of popularity and it was
wrong, but because the church was spending money. Instead of keeping it.
We call it that time, xianity as you know, today did not exist.

> they chose to die rather than deny Jesus, Why? because they lived and
> seen what
> took place and could not deny it.

Just as you do with atheists, you are presupposing your conclusions.
Let's assume for a moment, somebody was willing to be martyred. The
question naturally arises, why.
Life was so miserable that getting to heaven was desirable, true or not.
Life was so miserable that getting anywhere else was desirable.
Life was so miserable that martyrdom was the only way out with honor.

I can continue that line of thought for several pages, but that would be
acting like a xian and being rude without cause. I say like a xian,
because people like you show up with a long drawn out essays. That
should never have been published. I never, because they harm the cause
more than they help it. The only thing they can do is appeal to the
believer and generate discussed among the nonbelievers [read other
mythologies], or those that can't believe. As to why they can't believe
or don't believe, you'll have to learn what they think and why, instead
you prefer to make grandiose statements based on your assumptions.

>> > True Christianity (Living lives like Little Christs) promotes
>> > selflessness and a true heartfelt concern for the well-being of
>> > others
>>

>> Not in the United States, it doesn't.
>>
> Like I said true christianity, not the religion, but the real deal
> lifestyle.
> There is a big difference.

Like I said, not in the United States, it doesn't. You're trying to
redefine xianity to your version, which you cannot with 100% accuracy
state is the same version shared by your gods. Of course, you're free to
assume you are correct and can read the minds of god, but you can't. If
they exist at all, there is no way you can. If they don't exist, again,
there is no way you can.

>> > (Jesus incarnated), believe they are not limited only to their
>> > body, but also have that above defined Spirit and Soul.
>>

>> It doesn't matter what you believe, but it does matter what you can
>> show.
>
>> All you has shown so far as a dog and pony show based on personal
>> desire for a life you do not deserve.  If you're a typical xian.
>>  Rather tha
>> getting on with it, and doing the best you can with what you have and
>> they can life is good possible for others, you wait for a second
>> life.
>
>> In one of the worst heavens ever claimed by humanity.

> Why do you spew hate, so much?

You don't know me very well, in fact, you don't know me at all. Nobody
who knows a personally would accuse me of hatred or spewing hatred. And
the fact that he, if you don't want the answer, don't ask the question.
And if you don't want to errors pointed out, don't make them in front of
me. If you can't deal with that, and you assume this agreement is
hatred, you are to be pitied for, you are a very shallow person indeed.
On the other hand, if you are simply attempting to accumulate martyr
points, you're still not doing a very good job.

> Its seems like it may be a thoughtless self-serving form of
> amusement,

Then you have much to learn, not everyone will agree with anything or
everything you say, that does not mean they hate you. That means they
disagree. The means they use to express the disagreement, verbal or
written, will be dependent upon the individual himself. Many people, use
one-liners. I prefer to expand upon, what I'm thinking, what I'm
observing, and why. You have presented a very shallow dog and pony show
meant to impress people of like mind. Even though you may have thought
otherwise. Why do I phrase it that way, because it's so typical of a
xian troll. Care to prove me wrong, please do. Of course that would
require you to actually learn more about you mythology than you ever
wanted to know. Some is starting to try to prove me wrong have managed
to lose their faith, is that a risk you are willing to take? I can't
recommend it. Your faith has been part and parcel of your life for as
long as you can remember, most likely. Not every believer is capable of
losing their faith without emotional trauma, not something to be wished
on anyone. And yet, you are willing to do that to atheists, people you
do not even know. Ethically speaking, that places you at a lower level
than it does me.

> but than that would be something I would pity if that is its purpose.

That you had not recognized the purpose of a response to start with, is
indicative that English is not a good language for you to tempt your
argument in. That, or you're not really sure what your argument is.
Your song and dance is nothing usenet has not seen before, and it's
something usenet will see again.

>> > Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
>> > what real Christianity is.
>>

>> So trot it out already, you're not demonstrating it, you're acting
>> like a typical xian troll whose only concern is growing attention to
>> themselves.
>
>> By pretending to be such a good little boy that everyone simply has
>> to adore them.  Care to guess again?
>>
> Sorry, how am I not demonstrating it?

How, this is usenet, not a psychological in-depth analysis. One of the
first things you're demonstrating if you lack respect for others,
specially those that do not curry up to those that have given you your
beliefs, as well as those beliefs.
Love, you don't love them. Your arrogance insures that your message is
one of contempt.

Let me put it like this, if I want to know more about xianity and I
already do, I know where the library is. If I want brain washed, I would
join a church for starters. I prefer the library, where the information
I get will be dispassionate and based on the most current information
possible at the time of the writing of the book.
Whereas, you waltz in with your assumptions, the first one being the most
erroneous, you are correct and have the message required to be heard by
those who do not share your mythology, and continue to abuse their
hospitality. Alt.atheism is not a xian message board. It was designed
to be unmoderated, because, moderated boards have a tendency to die out.
Instead of being a location where people such as myself can no and talk
with people of a similar mind and not have to worry about mythology
intruding into every other conversation, we can discuss subjects near and
dear to our cells without having to hear, god did it. If I'm discussing
all want to know about black holes and their formation, I don't need to
hear god did it. I need to hear how it happens. Surprisingly enough,
but a darn good idea how it happens and the circumstances that are
required for it to happen. No gods required, not even yours.

So if you want to show love for your fellow human, start out with
respect. It might be grudging respect, but they are human, and initially
worthy of provisional respect. They can blow that, or you can as you
have this time. But provisionally, respect is not a bad thing.
From respect, mutual affection for individuals, not emotional love, can
develop. Then you're on your way to showing love for others. Without
respect for themselves, most xians have managed to alienate the majority
of those that posted to alt.atheism. Did you catch that most xians
instead of all xians? That's because there had been xians there are
welcome on the atheist newsgroup. They participate in social issues,
political issues, ethical issues in just about any subject under the sun
except, my goddess is correct, & you need to pay attention for the good
of your own soul.
So I'm still even demonstrate respect to start with, don't even tell a
lie what you claim you're working with xian love. That's a phenomena
that has yet to be observed at large.

If you love everybody so much, do what you're supposed to do. And as
long as there is one person on this planet that needs and does not have a
shirt, you have yet to demonstrate that love. A common failing of the
xianity, long one words, short on action. And when action is
forthcoming, it's always with a price.

> And explaining it seems to bug you even more, that wasn't my intent?

I'm sorry that you are incapable of paying attention to the degree
required for usenet communications. I have to phrase it that way, for
you appear to be reading from a script. Instead of actually answering
any questions or points that have been raised, you simply attempt to
divert attention away from the points and make it a shortcoming of the
other individual. The shortcoming is yours and typical of trolls.

>> > Anything else is self-promoting idoltary and is what drives
>> > atheists to hate real Christians that practice selfless living
>> > (remember no one
>> > is perfect especially  Christians, but true Christians recognized
>> > and acknowledge this and seek forgiveness from those they wrong.)
>>

>> By claiming no one is perfect, you're excusing the flaws in your
>> character that you could correct.

> Aw, but you see we all slip, we all get angry (often over stupid
> things),

No, I don't see that. Not as a universal, but as individual failing that
is not necessarily a failing. I don't bother to get angry anymore, it
appears with thinking as well as the joys of life. On the other hand, I
have no problem accepting stupidity or posturing posts. I am not a
regular contributor on any group that I'm associated with. Primarily, I
don't need to. However, when outright nastiness like your original post
shows up in a totally inappropriate group, I will point it out and have
no problem with calling it as I see it. Anger, is for children and
politicians. Neither one can control it well and the results are usually
destructive. More often to others than themselves.

> we all do stupid things we regret after we do them, but do we
> learn from those situations?

Can't and won't try to speak for you, but I'm always found that if
something I've done makes me regret it, apologize and seek forgiveness of
those involved, and then don't do it again.

> Doesn't that very fact that we recognize we could have made
> different ,

No, it's not a fact. Not everyone recognizes it. You are a case in
point. You have made a totally inappropriate post to a group and take
pride in it.

> better choices, which if pursuded will ultimately improve our
> character.

Depends on whether you want to improve your character suppose. I rather
like myself, and when I find things in my character that have distressed
others without cause, I attend to them. Is it seeking to improve my
character, not really. It's called situational ethics.

>>I don't know what perfect is myself,
>> and neither do you.  I do know, when, what around doing is less than
>> beneficial to society, I need to re-examine it & see if that is what
>> is really required.  I know that when I walk into a store and
>> cashiers to see me in line, if they frown.  I have been doing
>> something injurious to
>> them, consistently complaining, argue about the prices, telling them
>> I don't want what they have and they need to get what I want, etc. On
>> the other hand, if they glanced up and they grin or smile, I'm doing
>> right by that person.

> Do we only do the bare minimum to get by in society then, or do we

Can't speak to you, based on your posting, I would have to assume yes in
your case.

> make a proactive effort to be kind, thoughtful, considerate, giving,
> corteous,
> (basically more selfless and less selfish/self-centered).

That only works until you find someone who is more than happy to take
advantage of it. Again, situational ethics of all its that particular
problem. It can't cure it, but it can help keep any resulting damage or
confusion to a minimum.

>> > Does a True Atheist believe in a Real Body of which most of us have
>> > five senses to please or self deny out of selflessness and do good
>> > or evil with that body, that that body is either alive (with
>> > Spirit) or a
>> > pile of dead flesh, Do they believe a person creates thoughts, has
>> > emotions, and will (goal , desire, or self created purpose - be it
>> > good or evil) (Christians call it a soul and believe it can be
>> > saved or kept).
>>
>> I don't know what your definition of a true atheist is, and by the
>> way, the word is not capitalized unless it's the first word in a
>> sentence.
>>
> Thank for the grammar lesson, was its purpose to demean me or to
> actually inform me of my mistake?

It was to point out, that you had made a mistake. A relatively common
one found among xians. I do not understand their confusion, but I'm
happy I do not share it.

>>It is simply a noun, borrowed from the Greek combination of a, to be
>> without, & theos, belief in gods.  Did you notice the plural there,
>> humanity has many gods, yours is but one of many, and has the least
>> evidence in spite of the popularity.  But then, it appeals to greed,
>> self-interest, special status, and the majority of the vanities and
>> humanity.  It's very good and stroking egos and telling you you are
>> so special that god wants you in his company for eternity.

> I am not special and not deserving.

If you work, or do not conceive of yourself as such, you would not be
xian. People do not engage in activities that don't make them feel good
or special. And xianity has a great social base, they work hard at it
and killed the opposition over quite a few centuries. Of course, they
don't like to mention that point, but, it's still there.

> If I am given a very good free gift (undeserved),

If you are given a gift, but are otherwise, & there are strings attached,
it is not a gift. It is a bribe. Maybe you have heard of the old saying
is something appears to be too good to be true, it probably is. This is
applicable to xianity or any of the mythology that promises you a life
after this one that is better than this one.

> and all I have to do is accept it and to thank the giver
> to be allowed to keep it,

Then you have been bribed.

> I think I'll thank the giver and keep it

There's a reason you should not accept a bribe, nor is there any reason
you should. The choice is yours. I for one will not care one way or the
other until such time as you attempt to tell me I need to be bribed as
well. My children would expect much more from me than that.

> Wouldn't you?

Not that bribe. But then, apparently, I'm one of those who's able to get
to say. No thank you, because, I don't believe the bearers of a tale
that attempt to get me to accept that bribe.

>> description of Yahweh, your Satan would be a better companion for
>> eternity.  At least, according to mythology, he told the truth to
>> Adam
> &
>> Eve & did not lie to them.
> Did they die? Yes

Not as claimed, supposedly, Adam lived for 930 or 990 depending on which
makes you want to believe, years after the event. Of course xians
attempt to sidestep this by claiming it was a spiritual death is fine for
them but not necessarily for anybody else.

> Were they punished? Yes

No, for they had never been in a garden. They are fictional characters
the Hebrew Bible indicates. That is if you understand the context
indicates this. It's the beginning of a national saga, one of two
creation stories. And of course, it completely bypasses the question of
what happened to Adam's first wife, the one found in Genesis 1.

> Were they caused this punishment because they allowed temptation
> (selfish desires) to rule thier lives? Yes

Not really, you see, prior to eating the fruit of the tree, they had no
concept of good and evil. The knowledge was totally missing from them.
If you believe the myth, it would be called entrapment today, or as one
of the neighborhood kids said another make-believe story on the same
order of Peter Pan.
You are accounting to justify a punishment far more severe in these
circumstances would warrant today.
You want me to accept as right, punishment, totally out of line with the
supposed crime that they would not have known was a crime. Sorry, not
really, I don't believe you. Nor could I accept as a god any individual
or claim that would be capable of cruelty of that nature. After setting
up the situation and knowing it was going to happen, él didn't just
punish them, he punished the entire Earth, if you buy into the myth that
is.
So thank you. Just the same, I don't believe you and I don't believe you
can justify ethically or morally. Such activity on any part of any
entity.
By the way before you come up with, Mike is not automatically right.

> So is atheism just another word for satanism?

Two you maybe, however, Satan is simply another god that an atheist would
not have an active belief in. Could an atheist believe that others
believe in Satan, yes. And by that warped anticonvulsant thinking, I
suppose you'd say they believe in a god, but it would be a lie if you
said it.

>> > Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?

>> Atheist, your dog & pony show is just that.  Only your case, it's
>> minus ring, and ringmaster.  It does not even have a tent or seats
>> for the spectators.
>>
> Never having answered any of the 3 questions, (which you have avoided
> like the plague), do you agree?

Your questions are not germane and designed to support your point of
view.

Here is a simple question that you will not be able to answer honestly or
intelligently.

Why is any god necessary? It's an open ended question, and any claimed
answer will create even more questions. In other words, you will never
be able to totally satisfactorily answer why a god would be necessary.
This is what you are trying to do, whether you are aware of it or not
does not matter. The pattern is typical troll for usenet.

> 1) There is a difference between being alive (Lets give this state a
> name called Spirit) or being a lifeless dead rotting corpse?

A question based on a presupposition that it is not a question to be
answered trivialy as asked. And by the way, that was no question, it's a
statement. A statement, you cannot support, but only demand a yes or no
answer forgetting, or quite probably ignoring how there's more to it than
that .

> Choices (agree or disagree)

Those are choices, those are demands for concurrence or pretending it's a
serious question worthy of an answer.

> 2) Everyone (awake/conscious that is) is able to create thoughts, has
> emotions, and will (goal , desire, or self created driving purpose -
> be it
> good or evil) (Lets give this aspect of self a name called Soul - the
> name has nothing to do with the existance or non-existance of these
> traits)

Again, presupposed and not a question.

> Choices (agree or disagree)

Again, a demand for a response that is not warranted. There's nothing
there in the way of a question. Confusion on your part, yes, question
no.

> 3) Every Human has a physical body/flesh and most have five working
> senses in which to perceive the world around us (sight, smell,
> hearing, touch, and taste)
> and most of us spend our lives trying to stimulate these senses.

> Choices (agree or disagree)

Again, not a question. A statement of presumptions about the human
condition that has no question about. You're asking for me to agree with
the statement, not answer a question.

> So, Do you have a Spirit, Soul, and Body (using my names for those
> defined states, traits, senses)

As claimed by xianity, I have no evidence for such an animal. Therefore
I do not believe you.

> Choices (agree or disagree)

Again, you attempt to reduce a complex claim to a simple yes or no
forgetting or pretending it does not exist, there's more than two
answers.

>> > Dare to go further than that?

>> In spite of your verbosity, and tail chasing, you have nothing to
>> offer me.

> Obvisously, as you have all ready decided what your choice is, but
> isn't it arrogant to try and make a choice for others?

I have made my decision based on information readily available to anyone.
That decision can be altered or even revoked, should information be
provided, that shows I was in error. This is something you cannot be.
As to being arrogant to try and make a choice for others, what do you
think you are doing little troll? You are attempting to force others to
make a choice that they are not willing to make on their own. Now that's
arrogant. Also ethically wrong.

>>It had nothing to offer anybody else, except logical fallacies based
>> on personal needs.  Needs that quite a few people do not have, for
>> they are busy living their lives and not worrying about, oh, the
>> state of somebody else's spiritual journey.
>>
> Its called living for the world and it is a choice

Maybe you caught that, most sensible people would refer to it as a
delusion on your part. My way, it's not choice. Either you can believe
it or you cannot. Anything that requires me to lie to myself and elude
myself knowingly, I cannot accept for myself.

>> > How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to
>> > create a chosen nation out of Slaves?
>>
>> The exodus that never happened?
>>
> So you were obviously alive then and living in that area of Egypt,

No, nor did I have to be. That is one of the most researched and
searched over areas in the world and the exodus, like the gods, lacks the
evidence to be believed in. You're free to do otherwise, you can ignore
the evidence that has been accumulated by xian as well as non-Christian
archaeologists, or not. If you are willing to remain ignorant of the
history of the region, feel free to do so. But don't pretend that I am
required to share in that ignorance.

> and therefore by experience know it did not happen, otherwise you

The same argument can be forwarded to line 1 of the Hebrew Bible. Nobody
was there. Therefore, etc. etc. etc.. There's a difference between
using evidence and using mythology as evidence. The exodus did not
happen as described within the Hebrew Bible, and he start of the national
epic is based on lies. It's not the only one by the way.

> can't
> justify your opinion as fact you weren't there.

I can justify my opinion as fact, based on evidence. Which is more than
you can do.

>> > The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this
>> > compeling evidence?)

>> No, as matter of fact, it is not.  It is a logical and do fallacy
>> base
>> series/program.  It starts out stating a fact, that which is not
>> known, and finding supporting evidence to, surprisingly enough, prove
>> the validity of the claim.
>>
> Logic is based on what is sensed by the five senses you can only

Logic is based on many things, the world the principles of logic is that
you can pare away the smoke screening and arrive at a basic piece of
information is valid. Even though all logic must be logical, not all
logic must be true.

> perceive (what don't you preceive that still exists), yet you breath
> invisable air.

I take it, science is not one of your strong suits.

> because we don't perceive things does that mean they don't exist?

Air can be perceived, and establishes being factual beyond reasonable
doubt. Without it, you don't exist. Earth as we know it would not
exist. Of course, this is usenet, and a full-blown science course on
basic technology is out of the question.

>> As enthralled with xianity as Greece is, it's rather hard to believe
>> it's something th at is supposedly so easily recognizable as the Ark
>> of the covenant, is hidden in plain sight within their building.  I
>> have watch

snip

>> film a documentary, rather I call it a work of apologetic nature.
>>
> Timing is everything.

Apparently, you have not been exposed to much a reality that conflicts
with your particular warped version of it. And the timing, leaves much
to be desired.

snip

>> > Atheist will deny people the right to make their own descision
>> > about whether or not Jesus (Christ - The Annoited One) Lived the
>> > life the
>>
>> I certainly hope you're seeing a psychiatrist about your current
>> delusion that you are presenting in fact.  This atheist and not care
>> what you believe in the realm of weird things.  Keep those things out
>> of my schools & my politics, and there will be no problems from me
>> where you are concerned.  Failure to do so, will invoke action, part
>> that you wil
>> probably not find favorable to your cause or your ego.
>>
> My ego? Comon its a choice not a forced position, like you would
> impose on everyone.

Your ego. You will find a majority of atheist really don't give a damn
what you believe as long as you keep it to yourself or in the proper
venue. But then, you're still acting like a troll. So what can I
expect. Misdirection, this honesty, assigning your values to others,
which is also known as projecting, pretending to know what others think,
yes, you are here are ego trip. But then, trolls usually are.

snip

>> The above circular and confused reasoning is what I see every time
>> one of the trolls decides to see if it can convince itself, that is a
>> child of god, a special person, who will get stars in his crown.  If
>> he makes it to Heaven™, after all, if you don't play the game
>> according to the rule
> s,
>> you don't get to go.  And pretending will cut it because, supposedly,
>> your god knows.  Yet the conduct of the average Xian I have
>> encountered indicates, they think they can fool their gods.
>>
> Attack the messenger because the message I gave you is my opinion,

You did state it was your opinion, you presented it as uncontestable
fact. You are still trying to pimp your point of view as and are now
pretending it was an opinion all along. Old hands realized it was simply
your ill-informed opinion that you are spouting.

> You just don't want to admit your alive, have thoughts emotions and a
> will,
> and percieve this world with your body's five senses, which you enjoy
> indulging.

I've never doubted I'm alive, nor dependent upon the earth to keep me
that way.

snip

snip

> Religion is a word that denotes rote repetition and memorizing and
> conducting rituals for the sake of rituals sake, dog and pony shows
> for money. real christians are more concerned about other people's
> well-being.
>
> Sorry about your anger issues, I hope your life improves.

Just because I'm not holding year will hand and stroking your fevered and
brow as I explain to you that you are wrong, and you are acting like a
troll, does not mean I have anger issues. It means reality 101 is not
for you, yet. Maybe you will grow out of this need to prance and dance
in front of others, maybe you won't. Either way, you can expect the
treatment you attempt to give others. Don't like it, don't post before I
can observe it and comment on. How do you do that, simply don't post to
the two headers that will show up in this message. Other than that, when
you make ridiculous claims and act like a small untrained house pet,
expect someone to rub your nose in your mess. That someone might well be
me if I'm bored enough, or the subject is interesting enough.

walksalone who is not surprised at the way the OP is attempting to paint
me as a person who does not understand his position and therefore, I'm a
bad boy and I won't get anything for xmas. Or something like that. His
conduct and responses are typical of the small minded individuals that
pretend they have something to say on usenet. But hey, it was meant for
the exchange of information, not propaganda. The two are not synonymous.

Question by a xian
Show me where tax payer dollars are funding any kind of public prayer.

Answers by an atheist
Congress opens with public prayer. Your tax dollars pay the salaries of
congress.
Record of payments for Prayer?
President holds public prayer breakfasts. Your tax dollars pay for the
presidents salary.
Record of payments for Prayer?
School boards open sessions with public prayer. Your tax dollars not
only pay the salaries of the members of the board, but the schools they
meet in and the offices they use for operations.
Record of payments for Prayer?
The three branches of government not only take part in, but endorse the
National Day of Prayer each year. Guess where they get the money to
make the endorsement from? Yup, big chunk of it is your tax dollars at
work.
Record of payments for Prayer?
Public prayers offered at basic training graduations. Tax dollars.
Record of payments for Prayer?
Public prayers offered by any government official for any activity
outside of his home, tax dollars.
Record of payments for Prayer?
Public prayers at the armed forces academies, tax dollars.
Record of payments for Prayer?
There are thousands of other examples sweet cheeks. However, put
bluntly, you are wrong. Tax payer dollars are funding public prayer at
an alarming rate.
PROOF the check or other payment for prayer.
The first amendment means nothing to these bastards, so it's not
surprising that you would fail to see it as well.

Twangman

Mar 14, 2009, 7:36:33 AM3/14/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:33:18 -0700 (PDT), "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

>On Mar 13, 5:50 pm, Andy W <vor...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>> On 13 Mar, 11:05, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

snip

>> Ask a dozen Christians what true Christianity is like and you get a
>> dozen different answers, all describing how that Christian sees
>> himself.
>>
>The whole new testament describes what the character of a christian
>should be like.
>so when in doubt christians or thier accusers should refer to the
>operating instructions (The King James Version Bible)

Which doesn't invalidate Andy's statement, one iota.

I would have gone farther, and suggested that if you ask a dozen christians, you will get
thirteen different answers and at least four fights.

snip

>> I thought humility was supposed to be a Christian virtue. But look at
>> you: first you tell us how we feel instead of asking, then imagine
>> that a few lines of really badly written drivel will be sufficient to
>> convert us from atheists to believers just like that. That's not
>> humility, it's prideful arrogance.
>>
>O.K., if name calling makes you feel better go ahead,
>if this little phase upsets you that much,
>sorry, but you do seem pretty touchy though.

That is more like the christians we are used to, lying at every opportunity

Stating facts, which Andy, was, is not name calling, or insulting.

By the by, it isn't persecution, either.

>> Andy
>
>If you chose not to agree with me thats O.K.
>this is only my expressed opinion

And a very insulting opinion it is.

> not verified facts,

Obviously.

>if I have offended you, sorry,

Yea, right.

>it is your own act of free will choice
>not mine.

Okay: let's test that.

If belief is a free choice, let us see you choosing not to believe, in your godonastick.

Dare you?

I think not.

Sla#s

Mar 14, 2009, 8:36:41 AM3/14/09
R.S. wrote:
<SNIP Nonsense>

Atheists don't hate christians.

They do however hate hypocrites.

They dislike people to lazy to think for themselves, people who regardless
of evidence to the contrary insist their beliefs over rule common sense.

They also condemn people who abuse children, not just physically, mentally
as well, those who would withhold a real education from kids just to
perpetuate their delusions.

And finally they despise those who demand their delusions become the law of
the land, as did the Catholic Church in the middles ages, forcing rational
people into silence on pain of ostracism, torture or even death.

So no we don't hate and loath christians unless of course those christians
are deluded, hypocritical, lazy, despots!

Slatts

Don Martin

Mar 14, 2009, 10:06:44 AM3/14/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:26:36 -0700 (PDT), "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

>On Mar 13, 6:03 pm, Don Martin <drdonmar...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Bullying and busting into some one's space, you make it sound like,
>I'm trying to beat the hell out of you, if you don't agree with me.
>I am not, but I am soliciting your opinion on ideas I posted.
>Not your opinion of me or my mental state, but about the ideas
>I posted and nothing else.

You are replying to the above as though it were my statement; someone else said
it.

>>> PDW
>>
>> >Nonsense
>>
>> >These are not anyone else's space - these are OPEN Usenet discussion
>> >groups. You do not get to decide who is welcome or not.
>>
>> The name "alt.atheism" might give the sentient a tiny clue regarding whether or
>> not their preachings might be welcome.
>>
>> -
>> aa #2278 If you can't be a dirty old man, what is the point of being an old man?
>>             Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
>> The Squeeky Wheel:  http://home.comcast.net/~drdonmartin/- Hide quoted text -

>Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ the water's cooooooold in here,
>you must be freezin with that cold attitude.
>

>BTW this is an open group which means posting
>is open to all, not only closed minded people.

Well, with you here, we have at least met our quota of closed-minded people.

Mark K Bilbo

Mar 14, 2009, 10:48:57 AM3/14/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:

> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is what
> real Christianity is.

Yeah. That explains all the snotty, arrogant, insulting, rude, vicious,
hate spewing Christians who come to alt.atheism...

--
Mark K. Bilbo a.a. #1423
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion

- H. L. Mencken

JohnH

Mar 14, 2009, 11:16:04 AM3/14/09
Terry Cross wrote:
> On Mar 13, 11:50 am, JohnH <jo...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> Mike Painter wrote:

>>> <snip>

>>> I certainly don't think any of you are wroth hating or despising.
>>> You all make the same basic claim but then attack each other for not having
>>> the One True Belief. You have lost the ability to kill each other over
>>> these beliefs and for the most part have lost the ability to ruin the lives
>>> of those who don't believe as you do.
>>> You ignore the parts of the bible that don't suit your economic status. If
>>> Christians did in fact show such concern for the well being of others this
>>> land would be a much nicer place.

>>> Perhaps you and the other two One True Christians practice this "Selfless
>>> Love " but I would be surprised if you did.
>>> The money you spend each month on the Internet could feed someone in Africa
>>> for a month.
>>> Do you have cable TV?
>>> How many hours do you volunteer a month to help others?
>>> Do you own a car? Can you honestly say that your needs can not be met with
>>> public transportation and an occasional cab?

>>> Ther's the get out of jail free card "no one is perfect" may be true but it
>>> does not excuse you from not giving up your toys to help people.
>>> It does not excuse you from working on a soup line, or doing some of teh
>>> otehr community service activities that are needed.
>>> <snip>

>>> No. Read "Who wrote the Bible" if you want a summation of over 100 years of
>>> compelling evidence.
>> "Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God
>> must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that
>> diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6).
>>
>> Granted, that is a hard saying, but if you never learn anything else
>> about Christians and our Bibles, at least try understanding this about
>> us: Christianity is having biblical faith. You don't have to understand
>> it completely, however. Just understanding it enough to be a little
>> more sensitive or considerate would be helpful.
>
> Meditate carefully on that statement. Jesus does not require faith in
> the Bible. Jesus requires faith in God. Biblical faith makes you
> totally dependent on the authors, translators, and printers of the
> Bible. I suggest that where evil and human failings are afoot,
> Biblical faith is not sufficient.

Well, I suggest that you meditate even more carefully upon the following
statements:

Your definition of "biblical faith" is NOT the one that I put forth.

And, next time, ask a person what was meant before forming an entire
theology around an imagination.

> TCross

Syd

Mar 14, 2009, 11:21:32 AM3/14/09
On Mar 13, 4:55 pm, JohnH <jo...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Syd wrote:
> > We don't care; Keep it to yourself, and it'll be better for everyone.
> > But you can't, you have to tell everyone, wether they want to hear it
> > or not.
>
> Look, we're all people trying to live together in this world.  Mike
> mentioned soup lines and doing community services, and that means he's
> interested in people.  What's wrong with trying to help people see that
> Christians are people, too?
>

> > PDW

Can't you do it without shoving your beliefs in our faces? We can
discuss anything you like, but recognize that we don't want bible
verses yelled at us, and it'll be better.

PDW

Syd

Mar 14, 2009, 11:24:52 AM3/14/09
On Mar 13, 7:53 pm, Ted L <tedl...@ymail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 13, 12:26 pm, Jim Austin <b...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> Just so you don't die in your own conceit, be not deceived, God is not
> mocked.

<Unwanted preaching snipped>

> "What must I do to be Saved?"http://www.wayoflife.org/whatmust.htm

Not interested, Godboy.

PDW

Syd

Mar 14, 2009, 11:27:54 AM3/14/09
On Mar 13, 10:21 pm, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net> wrote:
> Syd wrote:
> >> Nonsense
>
> >> These are not anyone else's space - these are OPEN Usenet discussion
> >> groups. You do not get to decide who is welcome or not.
>
> >> A discussion group will have persons from ALL sides of an issue - not
> >> just those that agree with your personal delusion. There will be people
> >> who are on the side of PROVABLE truth  - of which religion has none.
>
> >> If YOU want a one sided relgious discussion - join a catholic church -
> >> they will be happy to compeltely ignore you!
>
> > Look son- Alt-ATHEISM. Not Alt-PLEASECOMEANDPREACHATUS.
> > We don't want to hear it. Don't bring it here, and we won't take you
> > to task.
>
> > PDW
>
> First - I am a great grandfather - Sonny.

Maybe so, but your not wise, asshole.

> Second - if you don't like it - you leave  - YOU have no right to ask me to.

Ah, so you didn't notice where your crossposted this nonsense to, did
you asshole?
<Hint: I'm reading in alt.atheism. And I'm a regular there. YOU are
the invader.>

> I really don't care what YOU want.

Ah, so you have no intention of behaving in our group, eh?
Then, don't complain when you get called on it, old man.

PDW

Syd

Mar 14, 2009, 11:28:40 AM3/14/09
On Mar 13, 10:22 pm, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net> wrote:
> Syd wrote:
> > PDW
>
> And YOU do the same thing
>
> We are only correcting your errors for you.

You are preaching where it is not wanted. We don't want to hear it.

PDW

Syd

Mar 14, 2009, 11:30:26 AM3/14/09
On Mar 14, 3:55 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do atheists so hate and despise those, who believe they have

Repeating your lie will not make it true.

<Snip repost of whining dribble>

PDW

Mitchell Holman

Mar 14, 2009, 12:03:44 PM3/14/09
Mark K Bilbo <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote in news:721ueoFniblpU13
@mid.individual.net:

> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:05:19 -0700, R.S. wrote:
>
>> Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is what
>> real Christianity is.
>
> Yeah. That explains all the snotty, arrogant, insulting, rude, vicious,
> hate spewing Christians who come to alt.atheism...

"I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good.
Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called
on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't
want pluralism."
-- Randall Terry, Republican Candidate for Florida Senate

The Chief Instigator

Mar 14, 2009, 12:18:35 PM3/14/09
On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 09:06:44 -0500, Don Martin <drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:26:36 -0700 (PDT), "R.S." <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

>>Bullying and busting into some one's space, you make it sound like,
>>I'm trying to beat the hell out of you, if you don't agree with me.
>>I am not, but I am soliciting your opinion on ideas I posted.
>>Not your opinion of me or my mental state, but about the ideas
>>I posted and nothing else.
>
> You are replying to the above as though it were my statement; someone else said
> it.

>>> The name "alt.atheism" might give the sentient a tiny clue regarding whether or
>>> not their preachings might be welcome.
>>>
>>> -
>>> aa #2278 If you can't be a dirty old man, what is the point of being an old man?
>>> ? ? ? ? ? ? Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
>>> The Squeeky Wheel: ?http://home.comcast.net/~drdonmartin/- Hide quoted text -

>>Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........ the water's cooooooold in here,
>>you must be freezin with that cold attitude.
>>
>>BTW this is an open group which means posting
>>is open to all, not only closed minded people.
>
> Well, with you here, we have at least met our quota of closed-minded people.

No kidding, and this atheist manages to stay out of the godbot
newsgroups...and we've got a granddaughter not all that far away from him,
up in the Cities. Meanwhile, we'll be getting up to the mid-20s °C tomorrow
while he's still trying to keep from falling on the ice.

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (pat...@io.com) Houston, Texas
www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

The Chief Instigator

Mar 14, 2009, 12:23:58 PM3/14/09
On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:46:38 -0700 (PDT), R.S. <ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> On Mar 13, 8:17?pm, Santolina chamaecyparissus <santol...@juno.com>
> wrote:

>> On Mar 13, 4:47?pm, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>>

>> > I did not intend to upset you, but do you really feel you have
>> > all the answers on how life works, if you do where did you get it
>> > from?
>>
>> I got it from here:
>>
>> http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
>
> So this is where you get all pertenant info on Christians
> (or money grubbing Fake Christians)
>
> Here's what I say to that!
> Cash cow
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0QXZHaUdD8

So, you're the one who tosses dead gophers onto the ice when your local
university scores on their chief rivals in hockey season?

Andy W

Mar 14, 2009, 1:04:00 PM3/14/09
On 14 Mar, 03:33, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> On Mar 13, 5:50 pm, Andy W <vor...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>

> > On 13 Mar, 11:05, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>
> > > Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
>

> > > Sorry, if you loath the Selfless Love for Others Concept, but it is
> > > what real Christianity is.
>
> > Ask a dozen Christians what true Christianity is like and you get a
> > dozen different answers, all describing how that Christian sees
> > himself.
>
> The whole new testament describes what the character of a christian
> should be like.

Even these bits?

Luke 14:26
If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his
wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he
cannot be my disciple.

1 John 3:15
Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no
murderer has eternal life in him.

Is it any wonder Christians can't agree...

> so when in doubt christians or thier accusers should refer to the
> operating instructions (The King James Version Bible)

Well there's how it should be, and how it is, and you have not refuted
my point by this.

> > <snip>>

> > > Still an Atheist, or now an Agnostic?
>

> > > Dare to go further than that?
>

> > > How about perfect timing (GOD and Moses relationship driven) to create
> > > a chosen nation out of Slaves?
>

> > > The Exodus Decoded as Shown on the History Channel (Is this compeling

> > > evidence?)http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Exodus+Decoded&hl=en&emb=1&aq=-...
>
> > > Maybe you're still an Agnostic or now a good news (Gospel) seeking
> > > person.

> > I thought humility was supposed to be a Christian virtue. But look at
> > you: first you tell us how we feel instead of asking, then imagine
> > that a few lines of really badly written drivel will be sufficient to
> > convert us from atheists to believers just like that. That's not
> > humility, it's prideful arrogance.
>
> O.K., if name calling makes you feel better go ahead,
> if this little phase upsets you that much,
> sorry, but you do seem pretty touchy though.

What name have I called you? I thought you would appreciate my
pointing out your shortcomings, it gives you the opportunity to
improve yourself and be a better Christian. Perhaps just a better
person would do.

> > Andy
>
> If you chose not to agree with me thats O.K.

> this is only my expressed opinion not verified facts,
> if I have offended you, sorry, it is your own act of free will choice
> not mine.

Offended? Hardly, it takes more than this to do such a thing to me.
This is just sport. I find it curious that you think taking offence is
a conscious choice though. Did you decide what your favourite food
was, or did it just happen to you?

Andy

Mike Painter

Mar 14, 2009, 1:07:39 PM3/14/09
R.S. wrote:
> On Mar 13, 8:17 pm, Santolina chamaecyparissus <santol...@juno.com>
> wrote:

>> On Mar 13, 4:47 pm, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
>>

>>> I did not intend to upset you, but do you really feel you have
>>> all the answers on how life works, if you do where did you get it
>>> from?
>>
>> I got it from here:
>>
>> http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
>
> So this is where you get all pertenant info on Christians
> (or money grubbing Fake Christians)
>
> Here's what I say to that!
> Cash cow
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0QXZHaUdD8

Why do you think that Landover Baptist people are fake Christians?

Thommadura

Mar 14, 2009, 2:10:17 PM3/14/09

Sorry - but this is not the USSR of 50 years ago
And I do not have to live to a communist who think he is in charge of
who can or cannot post in an open usenet group.

It is NOT your group to begin with - child.

Thommadura

Mar 14, 2009, 2:12:37 PM3/14/09

So - don't read it then

You are the one causing your problem

AS an true Huxley Agnostic -I only believe in what can be proven true
about gods and religion - which was the original meaning of the word.
THere was NO indecision involved.

ANd nothing can be proven.

Thommadura

Mar 14, 2009, 2:19:15 PM3/14/09

This country was NOT formed to be a christian nation - and to this date
- the christian god has yet to be a citizen of it. IT will never
officialy recognize a religion - it is just not going to happen
Religion itself will oppose that.

You forget that the largest christian denomiantion in the USA is
Catholic. However - there are 24,000 other christian denominations
recognized by the US government for tax purposes. There is NO dominant
single religion in the USA.

It is my guess that YOU would not want your children taught that the
POPE is the Supreme Infallible Pontiff of the only true christian church
in the world - and it is unlikely they would allow their children to be
told otherwise.

If there was a god - he wouldn't need humans to conquer anything.

panam...@hotmail.com

Mar 14, 2009, 1:26:11 PM3/14/09
On Mar 14, 3:55 am, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> Why do atheists so hate and despise those, who believe they have

snip

Look, the first time you posted this, we tried to answer you.

Posting this crap again is a perfect example of *why* you people are
treated so derisvely in this newsgroup. I don't care about your bible,
I don't care about your faith, and I don't care that you do-as long as
you keep it to yourself.

Do you really think repeating the same old crap is going to change
anyone's mind here? Buy a clue, idiot. If I didn't believe that stupid
shit when it came out of the mouths of my own parents, what on earth
makes you think I'll believe it coming from the likes of *you*?

Now take your moronic voodoo hoodoo nonsense, shove it up your greasy
little cunt, and get the fuck out of alt.atheism.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Syd

Mar 14, 2009, 1:47:37 PM3/14/09

Ah, so you do not intend to follow the RULES of this group, eh?
Sucks for you.

> It is NOT your group to begin with - child.

It's not yours either, ignorant and nasty old man.

PDW

Syd

Mar 14, 2009, 1:49:22 PM3/14/09

better idea, asshole old man; Don't post it.

> You are the one causing your problem

Projection noted.

> AS an true Huxley Agnostic -I only believe in what can be proven true
> about gods and religion - which was the original meaning of the word.
> THere was NO indecision involved.
>
> ANd nothing can be proven.

PDW

raven1

Mar 14, 2009, 2:18:49 PM3/14/09
<ra...@hickorytech.net> wrote:

>Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit

If you feel people hate you for your beliefs, have you ever considered
that the problem might rest with you being insistently obnoxious in
proclaiming them to people who aren't interested, rather than others
being intolerant?

Evangelicals never cease to amaze me: they're the first to bitch and
whine when people like Richard Dawkins promote atheism, then they
don't understand why people consider them obnoxious pricks when they
do the same for their beliefs. Here's a clue: it's not what you
believe, it's how you express it, and your insistence on doing so to
people who don't care what you believe. Act like an asshole, and
that's how people will treat you.

Mitchell Holman

Mar 14, 2009, 2:42:45 PM3/14/09
Thommadura <tomm...@optonline.net> wrote in

> Mitchell Holman wrote:
>> Mark K Bilbo <gm...@com.mkbilbo> wrote in news:721ueoFniblpU13
>> @mid.individual.net:

>>> Yeah. That explains all the snotty, arrogant, insulting, rude,
>>> vicious, hate spewing Christians who come to alt.atheism...
>>>

>> "I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good.
>> Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are
>> called on by God to conquer this country. We don't want equal time.
>> We don't want pluralism."
>> -- Randall Terry, Republican Candidate for Florida Senate
>

> This country was NOT formed to be a christian nation -

Most rational people know that. Pity we
are surrounded by the irrational.

and to this
> date - the christian god has yet to be a citizen of it. IT will never
> officialy recognize a religion - it is just not going to happen
> Religion itself will oppose that.

Rightwingers hate quotes from their heroes.

"The Constitution established the United States of
America as a Christian nation"
John McCain, June 5 2008. The Constitution in fact
makes no mention of God or of Jesus or any religion
whatsoever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9izhjnaLa3M

> You forget that the largest christian denomiantion in the USA is
> Catholic. However - there are 24,000 other christian denominations
> recognized by the US government for tax purposes. There is NO dominant
> single religion in the USA.

Except on on the Supreme Court, which has been
majority Catholic for years.

> It is my guess that YOU would not want your children taught that the
> POPE is the Supreme Infallible Pontiff of the only true christian
> church in the world - and it is unlikely they would allow their
> children to be told otherwise.
>
> If there was a god - he wouldn't need humans to conquer anything.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true."
Mark Twain

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

panam...@hotmail.com

Mar 14, 2009, 5:45:56 PM3/14/09
On Mar 14, 3:49 pm, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 3:10 am, Lars Eighner <use...@larseighner.com> wrote:> In our last episode,
> > <1f12ce13-d848-43d6-b3e8-e1583800b...@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, the
> > lovely and talented R.S.  broadcast on alt.atheism:

> > > Why do atheists so hate and despise
>
> > people who try to use the power of the state to impose their religious
> > fictions on others?
>
> Isn't that what militant atheists do and are actually achieving it.

Oh, so you're not here looking for understanding at all. You want to
start a fight. OK, I'm in..

First of all, stuff that "militant atheist" crap back down your
diaper. All we're doing is saying we've had enough of your insults,
your lies, and your insistence that what you think your moronic
imaginary friends have to say is somehow "important". Your
superstitious garbage is no more important to the issues of the day
than your opinions upon architecture or your feelings about your
favorite sports team. Your opinions *are* important because you are a
part of the society, but the fact that you believe your imaginary
friends gave you those opinions is IRRELEVENT, and those opinions
should not be immune to commentary or ridicule.

> Is not the religion of an atheist

I have NO religion, you insulting skull-fucked piece of shit.

> (most atheists ,other than
> disgruntled ex-christians)
> actually the religion of self indulgence, satanism without satan?

No, dumbass. There ain't no "satan", either. If I don't believe in
"Batman", what use have I for "The Joker"? They're both parts of the
same fucking fairytale. Is this *really* too difficult for you and
your fellow inbred snake handlers to understand?

> I'm not trying to put down atheists by asking this,

Bullshit! You've done nothing else since you made the mistake of
posting your shit-stinking Bronze Age Witch Doctor crap here as if any
of it is anything other than your crazy-assed delusion.

> but just trying to get to the core of their beliefs / opinions.

Then why don't you try *ASKING NICELY*, instead of running around
trying to see how many people you can insult in a single afternoon,
genius?

> Most atheists perscribe to actively denying the right for citizens to
> practice thier religion in public,
> even when it is not imposed on others,

How about some evidence to support that insult, asshole? `Round here,
we don't accept a wild claim at face value just because some religious
nutter said so. *Especially* if some religious nutter said so.

Mike Painter

Mar 14, 2009, 6:03:19 PM3/14/09
R.S. wrote:
> On Mar 14, 12:07 pm, "Mike Painter" <mddotpain...@sbcglobal.net>
>> Why do you think that Landover Baptist people are fake Christians?-

> you shall be know by your fruits (i.e. what you do)
> Mass Sale Promotion of Things not the promotion
> of Concern for the Well-Being of others
> (i.e.Caring for others not out for money grubing them)

Have you expressed your concerns to any of the ministers at Landover?
They, as many other christians have said, believe that they should live well
becasue of the work they do.

Mike Painter

Mar 14, 2009, 6:05:24 PM3/14/09
Syd wrote:

> Ah, so you do not intend to follow the RULES of this group, eh?
> Sucks for you.
>
>> It is NOT your group to begin with - child.
>
> It's not yours either, ignorant and nasty old man.

And what group would that be?
And if you can figure that out, exactly what are the rules for a group that
starts with alt?

JohnH

Mar 14, 2009, 6:24:27 PM3/14/09
I didn't give you any Bible verses, and the only scripture, which I did
give in this thread, wasn't even addressed to you. It's not my problem
that you're agitated because you had freely decided to see what I was
saying to someone else.

> PDW

Christopher A. Lee

Mar 14, 2009, 6:44:27 PM3/14/09

So why did you cross post it in an atheist newsgroup, whining
imbecile?

--

Agent 5 users can filter 90% of Usenet spam using
message-id: {google}

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Liz

Mar 14, 2009, 9:09:38 PM3/14/09
On Mar 14, 8:50 pm, "R.S." <r...@hickorytech.net> wrote:
> On Mar 14, 3:58 am, "Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian"<MAILTOsecret...@carcosa.de> wrote:
> > Morontheist R.S.:

> > > Why do you so hate and despise those, who believe they have a Spirit
>
> > Why do you arserape 5 little boys a day?
>

> You are a sick person, with no mental capability to answer a few
> simple questions, just sick and perverted.
> And you are definitely off topic.
> Try dealing with or commenting on the post topic, instead of acting
> like a spoiled vulgar child.

Thurisaz replied to a loaded question with a loaded question. Too bad
his lesson went swooshing over your head so hard that the breeze was
felt in China.

Liz #658

It is loading more messages.