REAL GHOST SEEN IN BRITISH PUB BY CCTV CAMERA

1 view

Emmett Till

Sep 23, 2010, 3:46:35 PM9/23/10
I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video for
your consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you could view
it and tell me your own personal opinion of its validity and
feasibility.
The video in question, claims to show a real ghost spotted by a CCTV
camera descending into a British pub from the ceiling and then turning
into an actual face. If this is fake, how was it done?. How come both
the pub and the other shop next door also confirm to the media that
there has been paranormal activity in their respective businesses. How
exactly do the Atheists and others dismiss such hard evidence of life
after death?.

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-pub/17y065cka

Cheers,
Emmett Till

Emmett Till

Sep 23, 2010, 3:42:22 PM9/23/10
I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video
foryour consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you could

Tim McGaughy

Sep 23, 2010, 4:26:42 PM9/23/10
Emmett Till wrote:
> I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video
> foryour consideration.

Iiiit's baaaaack!

Different name, but identical spiel.

Christopher A. Lee

Sep 23, 2010, 5:21:22 PM9/23/10
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:26:42 -0500, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net>
wrote:

Which "it? I've killfiled so many of these in-your-face loonies.

panam...@hotmail.com

Sep 23, 2010, 5:35:31 PM9/23/10

I can't recall the nym, but it was female and claimed it lived in
Europe. Claimed to be a `weak' atheist and said crap like "Real Ghost
Seen in Automatic Teller Machine" was causing it to doubt it's
atheism.

I thought it was telling the truth, until the fourth or fifth such
post.
-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member, Knights of BAAWA!

panam...@hotmail.com

Sep 23, 2010, 5:36:33 PM9/23/10
On Sep 23, 3:42 pm, Emmett Till <etill1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video

Tell it to Scooby Doo. Nobody in alt.atheism gives a shit.

Larry

Sep 23, 2010, 6:51:41 PM9/23/10
Emmett Till <etil...@gmail.com> wrote in

> http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-
> pub/17y065cka

What hard evidence are you referring to, this doctored video?

Dakota

Sep 23, 2010, 7:37:52 PM9/23/10

Thanks, Emmett. You've convinced all of us. No need to revisit
alt.atheism again. Your work here is done. Bye now.

Hollis Brown

Sep 23, 2010, 7:45:22 PM9/23/10
> http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-britis...
>
> Cheers,
> Emmett Till

Emmett Till? I like it! Why did you quit trolling as a German chick?

HB

Mike Painter

Sep 23, 2010, 8:26:45 PM9/23/10

A vague resembulance to the ghost seen doing similar things in Ghostbusters.
Perhaps it couldn't get another role.

As for an explanation.

All digital images consist of pixels and you can do anything you want with a
pixel.

Clayton in "The Penis Monologues"

Sep 23, 2010, 9:48:09 PM9/23/10

"Emmett Till" <etil...@gmail.com> wrote in message

"This video cannot be viewed from your current location!"

Terrys

Sep 23, 2010, 10:48:25 PM9/23/10
On Sep 24, 6:21 am, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:26:42 -0500, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Emmett Till wrote:
> >> I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video

> >Iiiit's baaaaack!

> >Different name, but identical spiel.
>
> Which "it? I've killfiled so many of these in-your-face loonies.

It's this pathetic waste of space:

On Jun 10, 11:10 pm, Heike Hoffmann <sexyampelf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > This is an amazing photograph of what appears to be a supernatural
> > entity such as an Angel or perhaps

ScienceWins

Sep 24, 2010, 12:11:23 AM9/24/10
Emmett Till <etil...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video
>foryour consideration.

What kind of a stupid fuck would believe that there are ghosts? I mean
how fucking stupid, gullible, and ignorant does someone have to be
before they think that ghosts exist?

---
Does belief in astrology cause stupidity? http://www.skeptictank.org/edm.htm
There is no such thing as a "virgin daughter of a Republican."

Uncle Vic

Sep 24, 2010, 1:59:36 AM9/24/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, "Clayton in \"The Penis Monologues\""
<clay...@spamblock.com.au> wrote:

Yup, me too.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

"Natural selection works when the evolutionist says so."
--AllSeeing-I 9/20/10

panam...@hotmail.com

Sep 24, 2010, 2:21:45 AM9/24/10
On Sep 23, 10:48 pm, Terrys <merryter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 6:21 am, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:26:42 -0500, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net>
> > wrote:

> > >Iiiit's baaaaack!
>
> > >Different name, but identical spiel.
>
> > Which "it? I've killfiled so many of these in-your-face loonies.
>
> It's this pathetic waste of space:
>
>  On Jun 10, 11:10 pm, Heike Hoffmann <sexyampelf...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks, Terrys! "Heike Hoffmann"..that was it!

I also meant to say "claimed to be female", instead of "was female".
Sorry, Chris. I was just too lazy to go looking for it.

-PF, Atl.
#2015/KoBAAWA!

Clayton in "The Penis Monologues"

Sep 24, 2010, 2:45:19 AM9/24/10

"ScienceWins" <Scien...@Apikoros.Org> wrote in message

> Emmett Till <etil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video
>>foryour consideration.
>
> What kind of a stupid fuck would believe that there are ghosts? I mean
> how fucking stupid, gullible, and ignorant does someone have to be
> before they think that ghosts exist?

Boo!

Les Hellawell

Sep 24, 2010, 4:20:38 AM9/24/10
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:37:52 -0500, Dakota <ma...@NOSPAMmail.com>
wrote:

Not far from here two litle girls faked several photographs showing
faries in Cottingley Woods. Experts examined the photographs and
could not work out how it was faked. Conan-Doyle was convinced
they were real.

In later life the girls admitted how they did it. They cut out
drawings of faries and dangled them in front of the camera. Easy peasy
but good enough to fool experts.

--
Les Hellawell
Greetings from:

Tim McGaughy

Sep 24, 2010, 5:45:41 AM9/24/10
Terrys wrote:
> On Sep 24, 6:21 am, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:26:42 -0500, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Iiiit's baaaaack!
>>> Different name, but identical spiel.
>> Which "it? I've killfiled so many of these in-your-face loonies.
>
> It's this pathetic waste of space:
>
> On Jun 10, 11:10 pm, Heike Hoffmann <sexyampelf...@gmail.com> wrote:

YES!!! I just couldn't remember the name.

Christopher A. Lee

Sep 24, 2010, 5:47:16 AM9/24/10

Oh, that loonie - thanks.

Tim McGaughy

Sep 24, 2010, 5:49:20 AM9/24/10
Clayton in "The Penis Monologues" wrote:

> "ScienceWins" <Scien...@Apikoros.Org> wrote in message
>> Emmett Till <etil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video
>>> foryour consideration.
>>
>> What kind of a stupid fuck would believe that there are ghosts? I mean
>> how fucking stupid, gullible, and ignorant does someone have to be
>> before they think that ghosts exist?
>

> Boo!

SHIT!!! A GHOST!!!

Velociraptor

Sep 24, 2010, 9:25:48 AM9/24/10

"We're sorry, this video cannot be played from your current location"

Since my location is in the UK, I have to assume that 'MSN Video' do
not take themselves seriously.

--
velociraptor_nice_reptile @NO_SPAM yahoo.co.uk

archie dux

Sep 24, 2010, 12:35:10 PM9/24/10
On Sep 24, 1:20 am, Les Hellawell <l...@fakeaddress.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:37:52 -0500, Dakota <ma...@NOSPAMmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Thu 9/23/10 14:46, Emmett Till wrote:
> >> I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video for
> >> your consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you could view
> >> it and tell me your own personal opinion of its validity and
> >> feasibility.
> >> The video in question, claims to show a real ghost spotted by a CCTV
> >> camera descending into a British pub from the ceiling and then turning
> >> into an actual face. If this is fake, how was it done?. How come both
> >> the pub and the other shop next door also confirm to the media that
> >> there has been paranormal activity in their respective businesses. How
> >> exactly do the Atheists and others dismiss such hard evidence of life
> >> after death?.
>
> >>http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-britis...

> >> Cheers,
> >> Emmett Till
>
> >Thanks, Emmett. You've convinced all of us. No need to revisit
> >alt.atheism again. Your work here is done. Bye now.
>

> Not far from here two litle girls faked several photographs showing
> faries in Cottingley Woods. Experts examined the photographs and
> could not work out how it was faked. Conan-Doyle was convinced
> they were real.

Conan Doyle had a driving need to believe in the supernatural.
He and Houdini had a long-standing love/hate thing going --
Houdini became a master debunker after the death of his
mother, and he and Conan Doyle clashed reapeatedly
over the like.

To me the ultimate was when Conan Doyle became
incensed over Houdini's refusal to "admit" that Houdini's
escapes were accomplished by dematerializing himself.

archie

Emmett Till

Sep 24, 2010, 2:40:42 PM9/24/10
Well, as per usual, the atheists here are unable to debunk this video
and can only resort to childish, immature, juvenile insults. If you
think its fake, then fine, but explain how you believe the video in
question was faked. Or like most Americans are ya'll just too fat,
lazy, and stupid to debunk this video
using your critical thinking skills and deductive reasoning
abilities?. No wonder most atheists are as
unpleasant and fanatical as most bible thumpers!. Two sides to the
same coin, ect.

PS: Tim McGaughy, I know that as an American you most likely consider
yourself to be a highly assimilated, unilingual, unhyphenated
individual who simply refers to himself as just "American", or perhaps
"White American"; but who is totally disconnected from his original
ethno-cultural roots. With that being said,
like it or not, your aggressive, rude, crude, confrontational, low
class, uncouth, crass, unrefined,
loud mouthed IRISH ancestry shows through very clearly!.

Emmett Till

ScienceWins

Sep 24, 2010, 2:50:32 PM9/24/10
"Clayton in \"The Penis Monologues\"" <clay...@spamblock.com.au> wrote:

>"ScienceWins" <Scien...@Apikoros.Org> wrote in message
>> Emmett Till <etil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video
>>>foryour consideration.
>> What kind of a stupid fuck would believe that there are ghosts? I mean
>> how fucking stupid, gullible, and ignorant does someone have to be
>> before they think that ghosts exist?
>Boo!

Eeeek! It's the Stay-Puff Marshmello Usenet Poster!

DanielSan

Sep 24, 2010, 2:53:04 PM9/24/10

I couldn't watch it from that site so I went to another.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-pub/6bql2xl

Looks like something on the lens, possibly a bug, the crawled down the
lens then moved away. If you watch directly at the end when it moved up
and off screen, it looked like possibly a house fly.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
EAC Warden - Occam Asylum

Christopher A. Lee

Sep 24, 2010, 3:27:37 PM9/24/10
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:40:42 -0700 (PDT), Emmett Till
<etil...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Well, as per usual, the atheists here are unable to debunk this video
>and can only resort to childish, immature, juvenile insults.

Well, as per usual the lying loonie who posted the original bullshit
is too stupid to grasp that we have nothing to debunk - it's up to him
to prove it.

So he dishonestly tries to shift the burden of proof, and when that
fails he nastily resorts to personal lies.

> If you
>think its fake, then fine, but explain how you believe the video in
>question was faked.

BECAUSE IT SHOWS SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN OUTSIDE THE DELUDED
FANTASIES OF THE GULLIBLE.

> Or like most Americans are ya'll just too fat,
>lazy, and stupid to debunk this video
>using your critical thinking skills and deductive reasoning
>abilities?. No wonder most atheists are as
>unpleasant and fanatical as most bible thumpers!. Two sides to the
>same coin, ect.

Why do you feel the need to be such an in-your-face, nastily stupid
liar?

Christopher A. Lee

Sep 24, 2010, 3:28:01 PM9/24/10

Belief in ghosts obviously does.

L J Huntley

Sep 24, 2010, 4:08:29 PM9/24/10
On Sep 23, 6:48 pm, "Clayton in \"The Penis Monologues\""
<clayj...@spamblock.com.au> wrote:
> "Emmett Till" <etill1...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "This video cannot be viewed from your current location!"

Spooky.

george

Sep 24, 2010, 4:48:25 PM9/24/10

it got spirited away to the working site..

Velociraptor

Sep 25, 2010, 12:55:19 AM9/25/10
On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:53:04 -0700, DanielSan
<dani...@speakeasy.net> wrote:

>On 9/23/2010 12:46 PM, Emmett Till wrote:
>> I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video for
>> your consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you could view
>> it and tell me your own personal opinion of its validity and
>> feasibility.
>> The video in question, claims to show a real ghost spotted by a CCTV
>> camera descending into a British pub from the ceiling and then turning
>> into an actual face. If this is fake, how was it done?. How come both
>> the pub and the other shop next door also confirm to the media that
>> there has been paranormal activity in their respective businesses. How
>> exactly do the Atheists and others dismiss such hard evidence of life
>> after death?.
>>
>> http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-pub/17y065cka
>
>I couldn't watch it from that site so I went to another.
>
>http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-pub/6bql2xl
>
>Looks like something on the lens, possibly a bug, the crawled down the
>lens then moved away. If you watch directly at the end when it moved up
>and off screen, it looked like possibly a house fly.

I am wondering it is was caused by a light shining through a gap in a
curtain. That would account for it moving around.

I assume that the 'face' is a result of suggestion. I could not make
it out myself.

--
velociraptor_nice_reptile @NO_SPAM yahoo.co.uk

Velociraptor

Sep 25, 2010, 2:20:57 AM9/25/10
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:42:22 -0700 (PDT), Emmett Till
<etil...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video

>foryour consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you could

>view it and tell me your own personal opinion of its validity and
>feasibility.
>The video in question, claims to show a real ghost spotted by a CCTV
>camera descending into a British pub from the ceiling and then turning
>into an actual face. If this is fake, how was it done?. How come both
>the pub and the other shop next door also confirm to the media that
>there has been paranormal activity in their respective businesses. How
>exactly do the Atheists and others dismiss such hard evidence of life
>after death?.
>
>http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-pub/17y065cka

Despite my skeptical comment elsewhere in this thread, I just could
not get this out of my mind.

So I searched the web - and to my amazement I found a very similar,
though much less spectacular, sighting in another pub, just five
minutes walk from the pub depicted above. You should ignore the
'Stupid Ghost' caption that some idiot added to the film.

One sighting can be explained away. But two sightings just have to be
taken seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtIM0y8kw9E&feature=player_embedded#!

--
velociraptor_nice_reptile @NO_SPAM yahoo.co.uk

Tim McGaughy

Sep 25, 2010, 7:17:11 AM9/25/10
Emmett Till wrote:
> Well, as per usual,

Ah. Been here before, have you, Heike?

> the atheists here are unable to debunk this video

The atheists here don't have time to examine every little bit of trash
you pick up. Your melodramatic "This scares me" routine got tiresome
fast. I don't think any of us even watched your little clip this time
around. And yes, we've been able to explain your past presentations. You
just didn't like the explanations.

A B

Sep 25, 2010, 2:55:25 PM9/25/10
"Christopher A. Lee" <ca...@optonline.net> wrote on 24th September:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:40:42 -0700 (PDT), Emmett Till
> <etil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Well, as per usual, the atheists here are unable to debunk this video
>>and can only resort to childish, immature, juvenile insults.
>
> Well, as per usual the lying loonie who posted the original bullshit
> is too stupid to grasp that we have nothing to debunk - it's up to him
> to prove it.

He's offered what he considers proof. He can't do more than that. Now it's
up to you to find a reason why that "proof" is not valid.

>>If you
>>think its fake, then fine, but explain how you believe the video in
>>question was faked.
>
> BECAUSE IT SHOWS SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN OUTSIDE THE DELUDED
> FANTASIES OF THE GULLIBLE.

HOW, not why. Afraid I can't comment myself, as my computer refuses to have
anything to do with the video.

> Why do you feel the need to be such an in-your-face, nastily stupid
> liar?

Because this is Usenet. Nuff said.

--
A. B.
My e-mail address is zen177395 at zendotcodotuk.

Christopher A. Lee

Sep 25, 2010, 3:01:19 PM9/25/10
On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 19:55:25 +0100, "A B" <a...@a.uk> wrote:

>"Christopher A. Lee" <ca...@optonline.net> wrote on 24th September:
>> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:40:42 -0700 (PDT), Emmett Till
>> <etil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Well, as per usual, the atheists here are unable to debunk this video
>>>and can only resort to childish, immature, juvenile insults.
>>
>> Well, as per usual the lying loonie who posted the original bullshit
>> is too stupid to grasp that we have nothing to debunk - it's up to him
>> to prove it.
>
>He's offered what he considers proof. He can't do more than that. Now it's
>up to you to find a reason why that "proof" is not valid.

No. He's come here, wiped his stupidity in our faces and demanded we
disprove it.

That's not the way the world works.

A B

Sep 25, 2010, 3:02:13 PM9/25/10
"DanielSan" <dani...@speakeasy.net> wrote on 24th September:

> On 9/23/2010 12:46 PM, Emmett Till wrote:
>> I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video for
>> your consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you could view
>> it and tell me your own personal opinion of its validity and
>> feasibility.
>> The video in question, claims to show a real ghost spotted by a CCTV
>> camera descending into a British pub from the ceiling and then turning
>> into an actual face. If this is fake, how was it done?. How come both
>> the pub and the other shop next door also confirm to the media that
>> there has been paranormal activity in their respective businesses. How
>> exactly do the Atheists and others dismiss such hard evidence of life
>> after death?.
>>
>> http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-pub/17y065cka
>
> I couldn't watch it from that site so I went to another.
>
> http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-pub/6bql2xl
>
> Looks like something on the lens, possibly a bug, the crawled down the
> lens then moved away. If you watch directly at the end when it moved up
> and off screen, it looked like possibly a house fly.

Ah, thanks for the link. Yes, it does look a bit like a fly at one point.
It's just a smudge, really. I could probably do one like that with video
editing software, but it could easily be accidental. I can't see the face.
Motive is fairly easy: getting on TV is a bit of publicity for the pub!

Budikka666

Sep 25, 2010, 5:04:56 PM9/25/10
On Sep 23, 2:46 pm, Emmett Till <etill1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video for
> your consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you could view
> it and tell me your own personal opinion of its validity and
> feasibility.
> The video in question, claims to show a real ghost spotted by a CCTV
> camera descending into a British pub from the ceiling and then turning
> into an actual face. If this is fake, how was it done?. How come both
> the pub and the other shop next door also confirm to the media that
> there has been paranormal activity in their respective businesses. How
> exactly do the Atheists and others dismiss such hard evidence of life
> after death?.
>
> http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-britis...
>
> Cheers,
> Emmett Till

Anyone can post any video on You Tube, fake or real. There's no way
to make a definitive assessment from a You Tube video, but judged by
how many supposed pictures and videos of ghosts have been exposed as
fakes, then the chances of this one being anything other than a fake
are pretty much 100%.

The other side to this question is "What is the point?". If there
really are ghosts, then what are they up to? We never hear any
reliable, independently verifiable stories of any ghost passing on
useful information about the "afterlife" or about the future, or even
about the present to their supposed loved ones. Why is that? Why is
it that these ghosts appear doing pointless, repetitive, useless,
meaningless things? Is it because they're faked, hallucinations,
misunderstandings of natural phenomena, or otherwise ordinary,
explicable phenomena? It would certainly seem so.

Budikka

dh

Oct 21, 2010, 5:44:43 PM10/21/10
<etil...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video

>foryour consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you could

>view it and tell me your own personal opinion of its validity and
>feasibility.
>The video in question, claims to show a real ghost spotted by a CCTV
>camera descending into a British pub from the ceiling and then turning
>into an actual face. If this is fake, how was it done?. How come both
>the pub and the other shop next door also confirm to the media that
>there has been paranormal activity in their respective businesses. How
>exactly do the Atheists and others dismiss such hard evidence of life
>after death?.
>

>http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-pub/17y065cka

IF ghosts exist, how could they control when they do and when
they do not reflect light?

Monty Clayton's Flying Python

Oct 22, 2010, 12:26:12 AM10/22/10

<dh@.> wrote in message news:91d1c6h8km4otoo82...@4ax.com...

"This video cannot be viewed from your current location!"

John Locke

Oct 22, 2010, 12:46:03 AM10/22/10

...this has been debunked. It's an insect caught in the lems.

""All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian,
or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to
terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
-- Thomas Paine

DanielSan

Oct 22, 2010, 1:19:46 AM10/22/10

I've already seen said video. Looks like a bug on the camera lens.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226

EAC Warden - Occam Asylum

"There can be but little liberty while men
worship a tyrant in heaven."
--Robert Ingersoll

Freedom Man

Oct 22, 2010, 1:58:47 PM10/22/10
The fact that science has not as yet been able to explain a given phenomenon
does not mean the phenomenon proves the existence of a deity or anything
else.

See what RELIGION does to peoples' minds?

Adults no longer believe in the Tooth Fairy - but they still torture and
kill each other over ancient myths and superstitions.

"We all remember how many religious wars were fought for a religion of love
and gentleness; how many bodies were burned alive with the genuinely kind
intention of saving souls from the eternal fire of hell." --- Karl Popper

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many
people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion."
--- Robert M. Pirsig

Either God wants to abolish evil and cannot, or he can but does not want to.
If he wants to but cannot he is impotent. If he can but does not want to, he
is wicked. If he neither can nor wants to, then he is both powerless and
wicked.
--- Epicurus, Greek philosopher, circa 300 B.C.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and
evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that
takes religion."
--- Steven Weinberg, quoted in The New York Times, April 20, 1999

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false,
and by rulers as useful."
--- Seneca the Younger (4? BC - 65 AD)

"Religion once ruled the world. It was called the Dark Ages." --- Ruth
Green.

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." ---
Victor Stenger.

"I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose." ---
Clarence Darrow

"As my ancestors are free from slavery, I am free from the slavery of
religion." --- Butterfly McQueen

"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." --- Mark Twain

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in
all fiction." --- Richard Dawkins

"Cult today, religion tomorrow."

The Freedom From Religion Foundation: http://ffrf.org/
The Secular Coalition for America: www.secular.org
Secular Student Alliance: www.secularstudents.org
www.infidels.org
www.humaniststudies.org
www.atheistalliance.org
www.americanhumanist.org

Randolf Richardson (Lumber Cartel, local 42)

Oct 23, 2010, 1:05:53 AM10/23/10
On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 21:46:03 -0700, John Locke <johnlo...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:44:43 -0400, dh@. wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:42:22 -0700 (PDT), Emmett Till
>> <etil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have taken the liberty of enclosing a link to a You Tube video
>>> foryour consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you could
>>> view it and tell me your own personal opinion of its validity and
>>> feasibility.
>>> The video in question, claims to show a real ghost spotted by a CCTV
>>> camera descending into a British pub from the ceiling and then turning
>>> into an actual face. If this is fake, how was it done?. How come both
>>> the pub and the other shop next door also confirm to the media that
>>> there has been paranormal activity in their respective businesses. How
>>> exactly do the Atheists and others dismiss such hard evidence of life
>>> after death?.
>>>
>>> http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/is-this-a-ghost-haunting-a-british-pub/17y065cka
>>
>> IF ghosts exist, how could they control when they do and when
>> they do not reflect light?
>>
> ...this has been debunked. It's an insect caught in the lems.

My 8-year-old daughter is going to like this video, especially with Old
Hallow's Eve' coming up in just 9 days. She likes debunking myths, and
I'm going to ask her what could cause something like this to happen before
I tell her it's just a bug -- in other words, thanks for the video, it
will be educational! =)

--
The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Tim McGaughy

Oct 24, 2010, 6:13:35 PM10/24/10
DanielSan wrote:
> On 10/21/2010 9:26 PM, Monty Clayton's Flying Python wrote:
>>

>> <dh@.> wrote in message

>> "This video cannot be viewed from your current location!"
>
> I've already seen said video. Looks like a bug on the camera lens.

That was my impression as well.