Justice Scalia Dies

Tom Keske

Feb 14, 2016, 4:43:13 PM2/14/16
It is really a shame to see his theater career cut so tragically short.
I was really hoping to see his interpretation the Italian opera,
"Pagliacci".

Personally, I would have opted for musical accompaniment by
Spike Jones and the City Slickers.

Summary of “Pagliacci” in 3 Minutes - Opera Synopsi

www.geocities.jp/wakaru_opera/englishpagliacci.html

Prologue Before the opera begins, a member of the small theatrical
road company, Tonio, who looks like a clown, steps before the curtain.
He tells the audience ...
Pal Yat Chee - YouTube

Video for Spike Jones Palyat chee youtube▶ 3:28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYpx2Ib8Zs

Sep 23, 2008 - Uploaded by Astaerius
Recorded in 1950, this is Spike Jones at his best. From the album
Murdering the Classics, a new way to listen ...

Tom Keske

Feb 14, 2016, 9:55:17 PM2/14/16
The conservatives are already abuzz, imagining that
he was "poisoned". They are not rational enough to
realize that he was 1) 79 years old and 2) very overweight.

I remember some wag a couple years ago who remarked
something to the effect that Scalia looked like he was only
one plate of pasta al forno con i fagiolini away from a
major coronary. It is also quite possible that he either
2) died of a broken heart, now that gays not only cannot be
treated like common criminals but can get.. ugh.. married,
or 2) that he got so full of steam and rage that he popped
an artery in his ultra-conservative brain.

Conservatives seem very prone to conspiracy theories
these days, but not sure if they even believe themselves,
because their theories seem mostly like what they are
pulling out of their rear-ends.

Being respectful of the dead is a lovely philosophy, but I cannot
see the virtue in it when it comes to someone that I would have
passionately wanted literally to kill. He was not worth jumping
into the abyss for, though, which would be a self-sacrifice that
almost no one would appreciate as such , but would be necessary
to bring him to his deserved fate.

I wonder though- could it have been the shadowy intrigue to which
I sometimes give voice sometimes in poem, almost as if through
a kind of telepathy? I confess that I searched for "Scalia poison"
before reading any such allegation, and somehow was not surprised
by what I found, which was plenty.

Could it have been the will of a God that really does exist, after all,
and is on our side? Maybe I really should praise God's name for all
eternity. What a mischievous sense of humor He has.

I think we shall never know for sure. I will not pretend to mourn
this. To reach for nice things to say, like the Democrats are
diplomatically
doing, is to deny the more important truth of the situation.

Wexford Eire

Feb 14, 2016, 10:24:18 PM2/14/16
I think Scalia was a egoist and so self-centered he probably ignored his doctor's advice, refused to curb his diet and refused exercise thinking that God was on his side and he'd live until he'd managed to roll back every advance in human rights since the Warren Court.