Feds: Houston man tried to plant bomb near Hermann Park Confederate statue.........Is the Alt-left becoming terrorist?

Mattb.

Aug 21, 2017, 9:40:53 PM8/21/17
Feds: Houston man tried to plant bomb near Hermann Park Confederate
statue

http://abc13.com/live-officials-give-update-after-explosives-detonated-at-home/2330348/

Monday, August 21, 2017 05:18PM
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A Houston man has been arrested after being
accused by authorities of trying to damage or destroy a Confederate
statue at a Houston park with explosives.

Federal prosecutors said Monday 25-year-old Andrew Schneck had been
charged with attempting to maliciously damage or destroy property
receiving federal financial assistance.

The arrest was tied to a weekend raid at a home near Rice Village.

Schneck was taken into custody as investigators discovered hazardous
materials inside a home on Albans, prompted officials to call for
voluntary evacuations. He appeared in court Monday morning.

According to the criminal complaint, on Saturday night a Houston park
ranger spotted Schneck kneeling among the bushes in front of the
statue of Richard Dowling, a lieutenant in the Confederate army,
located in Houston's Hermann Park. Schneck was allegedly holding two
small boxes with various items inside to include what appeared to be
duct tape and wires. After placing the boxes on the ground per the
ranger's request, Schneck then allegedly took a drink from a plastic
bottle but immediately spit it on the ground.

The ranger then noticed a timer and wires in the box and notified the
Houston Police Department, according to the complaint.

Siri Cruise

Aug 22, 2017, 3:52:18 AM8/22/17
In article <cq2npc1jq75077qjf...@4ax.com>,
Mattb. <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Feds: Houston man tried to plant bomb near Hermann Park Confederate

Technically speaking thermite doesn't explode.

Just saying.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
Free the Amos Yee one. This post / \
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha. insults Islam. Mohammed

Malcolm McMahon

Aug 22, 2017, 8:25:23 AM8/22/17
Mattb. <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Feds: Houston man tried to plant bomb near Hermann Park Confederate
>statue
>
>http://abc13.com/live-officials-give-update-after-explosives-detonated-at-home/2330348/
>
>Monday, August 21, 2017 05:18PM
>HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A Houston man has been arrested after being
>accused by authorities of trying to damage or destroy a Confederate
>statue at a Houston park with explosives.

Since when was iconoclasm terrorism?

#BeamMeUpScotty

Aug 22, 2017, 8:33:24 AM8/22/17
Public property is public property be it a Federal Building in Oklahoma
or a statue in Texas...

--
That's Karma

Don Kresch

Aug 22, 2017, 8:37:10 AM8/22/17
Well, it's the same thing the Taliban did in Afghanistan.
So.......

Don
aa#51, Knight of BAAWA, Jedi Slackmaster
Praise "Bob" or burn in Slacklessness trying not to.

Jeanne Douglas

Aug 22, 2017, 10:20:52 AM8/22/17
Once you've graduated to explosives, you've kinda crossed a line.

--
Posted by Mimo Usenet Browser v0.2.5
http://www.mimousenet.com/mimo/post

Rick Johnson

Aug 22, 2017, 10:54:18 AM8/22/17
Jeanne Douglas wrote:
> Malcolm McMahon wrote:
> > Mattb. wrote:
> > > Monday, August 21, 2017 05:18PM HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
> > > A Houston man has been arrested after being accused by
> > > authorities of trying to damage or destroy a Confederate
> > > statue at a Houston park with explosives.
> >
> > Since when was iconoclasm terrorism?

Rhetoric is one thing. Explosive destruction is quite
another. One is free speech. The other is terrorism. Big
difference.

> Once you've graduated to explosives, you've kinda crossed a
> line.

There's no "kinda" about it.

Using explosives for political reasons has eleved this jerk
to the status of political terrorist, and anyone who
supports him -- in any way, shape or form -- is guilty of
supporting terrorism.

The next logical step in this absurd game of out
radicalizing the other side, is to start placing bombs
meant to kill people who do not share a particular political
viewpoint. Where does it end?

Political violence cannot be tolerated from *ANY* side, or
for *ANY* reason. When people resort to terrorism, they align
themselves with the most disgusting figures in all of human
history: the christian crusaders, the muslim jihadist, the
KKK, black september, the weather underground, etc...

Siri Cruise

Aug 22, 2017, 11:57:44 AM8/22/17
In article <-uKdnUsvnsEmoAHE...@giganews.com>,
"Jeanne Douglas" <hlwd...@NOSPAMgoogle.com> wrote:

> On 22 Aug 2017 05:21 AM ,Malcolm McMahon <mal...@theriomorph.me.uk> wrote:
> > Mattb. <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >Feds: Houston man tried to plant bomb near Hermann Park Confederate
> > >statue
> > >
> > >http://abc13.com/live-officials-give-update-after-explosives-detonated-at-h
> > >ome/2330348/
> > >
> > >Monday, August 21, 2017 05:18PM
> > >HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A Houston man has been arrested after being
> > >accused by authorities of trying to damage or destroy a Confederate
> > >statue at a Houston park with explosives.
> > >

> > Since when was iconoclasm terrorism?
> >

> Once you've graduated to explosives, you've kinda crossed a line.

As Bismarck said: Iconoclasm by other means.

Siri Cruise

Aug 22, 2017, 12:01:37 PM8/22/17
In article <6e778279-2689-463d...@googlegroups.com>,
Rick Johnson <rantingri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rhetoric is one thing. Explosive destruction is quite
> another. One is free speech. The other is terrorism. Big
> difference.

It's only terrorism if meants to terrorise. Construction sometimes uses
explosives to safely overcome stubborn obstacles. Exploding a statue when and
where nobody can be harmed or witness it is not terrorism.

So was he hoping to terrorify or just remove an obstinate obstruction?

Siri Cruise

Aug 22, 2017, 12:02:15 PM8/22/17
In article <mwVmB.51692$Pn2....@fx37.iad>,
How about a stop sign with bullet holes?

Rick Johnson

Aug 22, 2017, 1:15:11 PM8/22/17
Siri Cruise wrote:
> Rick Johnson wrote:
>
> > Rhetoric is one thing. Explosive destruction is quite
> > another. One is free speech. The other is terrorism. Big
> > difference.
>
> It's only terrorism if meants to terrorise.

When have bombings _not_ terrorized the public? Where do you
live... "lobotomy land"?

> Construction sometimes uses explosives to safely overcome
> stubborn obstacles.

Sure. But what's so stubborn about a statue that a medium-
sized crane and some cables can't overcome?

In that case of explosives, the first course of action is to
get permission from the owner of said property, and then to
get permission from local officials, and then ensure that no
person or property will be damaged -- which involves
exclusion zones and a hefty insurance policy to cover
potential losses. Do you think the low-life you're
advocating for had obtained these permissions or instituted
any safety protocols?

> Exploding a statue when and where nobody can be harmed or
> witness it is not terrorism.

Sure it is. It will cause the local citizens to be terrified
of going to a park, or perhaps any public place, for fear of
being killed by the bombs of some insane political radical.

> So was he hoping to terrorify or just remove an obstinate
> obstruction?

Even if i entertain such obvious absurdity, it doesn't
matter. In either circumstance, the ass-hat in question has
commited a serious crime, and those who associate themselves
with this movement will be dragged down with him, if they do
not loudly object to this action as intolerable. Protesting
and rhetoric are acceptable forms of resistence that are
protected by the constitution, whereas political violence is
a crime, and it will always be a crime.

The American people are not going to tolerate, for a single
moment, bombs going off in our communities because certain
political movements are too lazy to invest the intellectual
labour required to win hearts and minds. There are right ways
and wrong ways to bring about social change, and blowing
shit up is absolutely the wrong way to do it. Stop being
lazy and put in the work required!

Daryl Davis is the perfect example of a man who is fighting
against the ills of our society in the "right way", by
winning hearts and minds through non-violent methods. And he
is one of my personal heros. You should learn about this
great man, and watch his documentary titled "Accidental
Courtesy: Daryl Davis, Race & America", which you can find
on the American PBS website, or in the following links.

The Man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daryl_Davis

The Documentary:

http://accidentalcourtesy.com/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80105514

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5390430/

If you are not moved and inspired by this man, and his work,
then you are not fit to call yourself reasonable or human.
Only via peaceful methods can we bring true change to our
society.

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus 🐶笛

Aug 22, 2017, 1:17:05 PM8/22/17
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:21:03 -0000 (UTC), LO AND BEHOLD; "Malcolm
McMahon <mal...@theriomorph.me.uk>" determined that the following was
of great importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us
in <part1of1.1.u...@ue.ph>:
they are "terrist"ing his "heritage", tho. <eyeroll>

--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

-

-

-

"I think we should destroy every last fucking mosque in America." - "Checkmate, DoW #1" <Lunatic...@The.Edge> proves for us that white males are violent in Message-ID: <MPG.32c5bfef...@news.altopia.com>

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007

Mattb.

Aug 22, 2017, 2:45:54 PM8/22/17
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 00:52:12 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In article <cq2npc1jq75077qjf...@4ax.com>,
> Mattb. <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Feds: Houston man tried to plant bomb near Hermann Park Confederate
>
>Technically speaking thermite doesn't explode.

That is normally true.

>Just saying.

Smiler

Aug 22, 2017, 3:21:55 PM8/22/17
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:01:32 -0700, Siri Cruise wrote:

> In article <6e778279-2689-463d...@googlegroups.com>,
> Rick Johnson <rantingri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rhetoric is one thing. Explosive destruction is quite another. One is
>> free speech. The other is terrorism. Big difference.
>
> It's only terrorism if meants to terrorise. Construction sometimes uses
> explosives to safely overcome stubborn obstacles. Exploding a statue
> when and where nobody can be harmed or witness it is not terrorism.
>
> So was he hoping to terrorify or just remove an obstinate obstruction?

Maybe he wanted to terrorise the statue, have it quiver in its boots?

--
Smiler, The godless one.
aa #2279

Olrik

Aug 22, 2017, 11:34:40 PM8/22/17
Le 2017-08-22 à 12:02, Siri Cruise a écrit :
> In article <mwVmB.51692$Pn2....@fx37.iad>,
> #BeamMeUpScotty <Not-...@ideocracy.gov> wrote:

>>> Since when was iconoclasm terrorism?
>>>
>> Public property is public property be it a Federal Building in Oklahoma
>> or a statue in Texas...
>
> How about a stop sign with bullet holes?

Hey! Don't mix Beam's inbred hillbilly heritage fun games with terrism!

--
Olrik
aa #1981

Malcolm McMahon

Aug 23, 2017, 5:35:45 AM8/23/17
And how does destroying a statue induce a state of "terror"? It's vandalism, not terrorism. No intent to endanger lives.

The word "terrorism" is one of the most abused terms today.

Malcolm McMahon

Aug 23, 2017, 5:42:41 AM8/23/17
On Tuesday, 22 August 2017 13:37:10 UTC+1, Don Kresch wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 12:21:03 -0000 (UTC), Malcolm McMahon
> <mal...@theriomorph.me.uk> wrote:
>
> >Mattb. <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>Feds: Houston man tried to plant bomb near Hermann Park Confederate
> >>statue
> >>
> >>http://abc13.com/live-officials-give-update-after-explosives-detonated-at-home/2330348/
> >>
> >>Monday, August 21, 2017 05:18PM
> >>HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A Houston man has been arrested after being
> >>accused by authorities of trying to damage or destroy a Confederate
> >>statue at a Houston park with explosives.
> >>

> >Since when was iconoclasm terrorism?
>
> Well, it's the same thing the Taliban did in Afghanistan.

Or American troops helped with in Iraq

Malcolm McMahon

Aug 23, 2017, 5:44:14 AM8/23/17
On Tuesday, 22 August 2017 15:20:52 UTC+1, Jeanne Douglas wrote:
> On 22 Aug 2017 05:21 AM ,Malcolm McMahon <mal...@theriomorph.me.uk> wrote:
> > Mattb. <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >Feds: Houston man tried to plant bomb near Hermann Park Confederate
> > >statue
> > >
> > >http://abc13.com/live-officials-give-update-after-explosives-detonated-at-home/2330348/
> > >
> > >Monday, August 21, 2017 05:18PM
> > >HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A Houston man has been arrested after being
> > >accused by authorities of trying to damage or destroy a Confederate
> > >statue at a Houston park with explosives.
> > >

> > Since when was iconoclasm terrorism?
> >

> Once you've graduated to explosives, you've kinda crossed a line.

Didn't someone say it was thermite? That's equivalent to using a welding torch.

Don Kresch

Aug 23, 2017, 8:20:29 AM8/23/17
Quite so.

Smiler

Aug 23, 2017, 7:00:46 PM8/23/17
Yep. It gets hot enough to melt steel, but it doesn't explode.

Malcolm McMahon

Aug 27, 2017, 4:39:10 AM8/27/17
"Jeanne Douglas" <hlwd...@NOSPAMgoogle.com> wrote:
>On 22 Aug 2017 05:21 AM ,Malcolm McMahon <mal...@theriomorph.me.uk> wrote:
>> Mattb. <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >Feds: Houston man tried to plant bomb near Hermann Park Confederate
>> >statue

>> >Monday, August 21, 2017 05:18PM
>> >HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A Houston man has been arrested after being
>> >accused by authorities of trying to damage or destroy a Confederate
>> >statue at a Houston park with explosives.
>> >

>> Since when was iconoclasm terrorism?
>>

>Once you've graduated to explosives, you've kinda crossed a line.

No, the line that matters is not what technology you use but "intent to
endanger life". Destroying statues terrorises only other statues.

Alex W.

Aug 27, 2017, 9:06:49 PM8/27/17
So by that definition, if I place a bomb in a public building and then
ring the police to warn them so they can evacuate the place, does that
mean my act would not be terrorism?

What about the IRA then? In many of their attacks, they made genuine
efforts to avoid loss of life in the manner I described above. Does
that mean they are not terrorists but merely vandals?

What about the Animal Liberation Front? They invade and destroy private
property. They steal and set free animals. They threaten researcher
and their families, both at the office and at home. But with very rare
exceptions, they do not perpetrate violence against persons. So should
we remove them from the list of terrorist organisations?

In short, I believe that "intent to endanger life" is too narrow a
definition. What matters is the use of fear and violence in general --
against objects as well as people -- with the aim of changing public
perception and behaviour. Blowing up or otherwise destroying symbols of
national and cultural identity would certainly qualify.

Malcolm McMahon

Aug 29, 2017, 10:09:02 AM8/29/17
"Alex W." <ing...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>On 27/08/2017 18:34, Malcolm McMahon wrote:

>>> Once you've graduated to explosives, you've kinda crossed a line.
>>>

>> No, the line that matters is not what technology you use but "intent to
>> endanger life". Destroying statues terrorises only other statues.
>>

>So by that definition, if I place a bomb in a public building and then
>ring the police to warn them so they can evacuate the place, does that
>mean my act would not be terrorism?

No, that would still be endangering life. And, even if the warning is heeded
and nobody is hurt, you would still be coercing people into acting out of fear.

>What about the IRA then? In many of their attacks, they made genuine
>efforts to avoid loss of life in the manner I described above. Does
>that mean they are not terrorists but merely vandals?

As I said, often warnings didn't prove enough, and even if you force an
evacuation that's forcing people to evacuate in fear.

>What about the Animal Liberation Front? They invade and destroy private
>property. They steal and set free animals. They threaten researcher
>and their families, both at the office and at home. But with very rare
>exceptions, they do not perpetrate violence against persons. So should
>we remove them from the list of terrorist organisations?

Yes, they were often engaged in genuine terrorism. They threatened more
violence than the did, but they were still engaged in a campaign to alter
people's behaviour through fear.

>In short, I believe that "intent to endanger life" is too narrow a
>definition. What matters is the use of fear and violence in general --
>against objects as well as people -- with the aim of changing public
>perception and behaviour. Blowing up or otherwise destroying symbols of
>national and cultural identity would certainly qualify.

The word "terrorism" is about fear. What fear does iconoclasm involve? It
doesn't even constitute ecconomic damage. Nobody is intimidated.

Alex W.

Aug 29, 2017, 10:08:59 PM8/29/17
On 30/08/2017 00:04, Malcolm McMahon wrote:
> "Alex W." <ing...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> No, the line that matters is not what technology you use but "intent to
>>> endanger life". Destroying statues terrorises only other statues.
>>>

>> So by that definition, if I place a bomb in a public building and then
>> ring the police to warn them so they can evacuate the place, does that
>> mean my act would not be terrorism?
>>

> No, that would still be endangering life. And, even if the warning is heeded
> and nobody is hurt, you would still be coercing people into acting out of fear.

That statement is of course entirely correct.

But it contradicts your original definition which requires an *intent*
to endanger life. If someone does not intend to endanger life and
indeed goes to some lengths to avoid such an outcome, we have to abandon
intent as a characteristic of the definition.

>> What about the IRA then? In many of their attacks, they made genuine
>> efforts to avoid loss of life in the manner I described above. Does
>> that mean they are not terrorists but merely vandals?
>>

> As I said, often warnings didn't prove enough, and even if you force an
> evacuation that's forcing people to evacuate in fear.
>

>> What about the Animal Liberation Front? They invade and destroy private
>> property. They steal and set free animals. They threaten researcher
>> and their families, both at the office and at home. But with very rare
>> exceptions, they do not perpetrate violence against persons. So should
>> we remove them from the list of terrorist organisations?
>>

> Yes, they were often engaged in genuine terrorism. They threatened more
> violence than the did, but they were still engaged in a campaign to alter
> people's behaviour through fear.

Quite true.

Which does beg the question whether our own governments are not engaged
in terrorism when they push through legislation, define policies and
engage in actions by creating fear in the minds of the voters. For
example, take the invasion of Iraq: we were consistently told by our
government that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction, and that
he is capable of launching them at the UK at a mere 45 minutes' notice.
Or take the Patriot Act in the US: a fear-driven reaction to 9/11, it
was pushed through Congress without due consideration (by all accounts
most members did not even read it before voting it into law) and that
same fear was used to explain away and legitimize the undermining and
active abrogation of civil liberties. In both those cases, our own
governments fomented fear to alter behaviour and the very fabric of our
legal systems. Is that not also terrorism?

>> In short, I believe that "intent to endanger life" is too narrow a
>> definition. What matters is the use of fear and violence in general --
>> against objects as well as people -- with the aim of changing public
>> perception and behaviour. Blowing up or otherwise destroying symbols of
>> national and cultural identity would certainly qualify.
>
> The word "terrorism" is about fear. What fear does iconoclasm involve? It
> doesn't even constitute ecconomic damage. Nobody is intimidated.

Doesn't it?

To attack the symbols of one's belief and/or value system is to attack
these belief and value systems themselves. To my mind, that makes it a
direct attack on individuals and society, and as such is rightly feared.

Cloud Hobbit

Aug 30, 2017, 4:02:57 AM8/30/17
Welding torch is about right.

The military use termite grenades to melt engine blocks of vehicles they are forced to abandon.

Now, white phosphorus is some serious shit.

Malcolm McMahon

Aug 30, 2017, 5:04:09 AM8/30/17
Indeed they are. In fact it seems clear that criminal law enforcement follows the principles of terrorism. At base it requires an irreducible core of violence to hold society together. The trick is to minimise it.

A monopoly on violence is pretty much the definition of the state. But to exclude state actions from the definition of a word like terrorism is hypocritical.

For example calling a bombing campaign "Shock and awe" openly declares it as being terrorist in nature. During WWII the allied bombing campaign against Germany was officially described as "terror bombing".

> example, take the invasion of Iraq: we were consistently told by our
> government that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction, and that
> he is capable of launching them at the UK at a mere 45 minutes' notice.
> Or take the Patriot Act in the US: a fear-driven reaction to 9/11, it
> was pushed through Congress without due consideration (by all accounts
> most members did not even read it before voting it into law) and that
> same fear was used to explain away and legitimize the undermining and
> active abrogation of civil liberties. In both those cases, our own
> governments fomented fear to alter behaviour and the very fabric of our
> legal systems. Is that not also terrorism?

Yes, though it didn't directly put lives at risk.

> >> In short, I believe that "intent to endanger life" is too narrow a
> >> definition. What matters is the use of fear and violence in general --
> >> against objects as well as people -- with the aim of changing public
> >> perception and behaviour. Blowing up or otherwise destroying symbols of
> >> national and cultural identity would certainly qualify.
> >
> > The word "terrorism" is about fear. What fear does iconoclasm involve? It
> > doesn't even constitute ecconomic damage. Nobody is intimidated.
> >

> Doesn't it?
>
> To attack the symbols of one's belief and/or value system is to attack
> these belief and value systems themselves. To my mind, that makes it a
> direct attack on individuals and society, and as such is rightly feared.

Challenging established memes does not produce terror, but anger which is quite another thing. Nobody ever died from being outraged.

Rick Johnson

Sep 1, 2017, 10:17:03 PM9/1/17
Alex W. wrote:
> Malcolm McMahon wrote:
> > Jeanne Douglas wrote:

> > > Once you've graduated to explosives, you've kinda crossed
> > > a line.
> >
> > No, the line that matters is not what technology you use
> > but "intent to endanger life". Destroying statues
> > terrorises only other statues.
> >

> So by that definition, if I place a bomb in a public
> building and then ring the police to warn them so they can
> evacuate the place, does that mean my act would not be
> terrorism? What about the IRA then? In many of their
> attacks, they made genuine efforts to avoid loss of life in
> the manner I described above. Does that mean they are not
> terrorists but merely vandals? What about the Animal
> Liberation Front? They invade and destroy private
> property. They steal and set free animals.

In this case i am conflicted, as what goes on in these
animal testing laboratories is horrendous. And for what?
Many of the tests are studies for superfluous items such as
cosmetics -- crap we can live without. It's absolutely
reprehensible.

> They threaten researcher and their families, both at the
> office and at home. But with very rare exceptions, they do
> not perpetrate violence against persons. So should we
> remove them from the list of terrorist organisations?

I dunno. A gray area perhaps.

The ALF is targeting a very limited and very specific group
of people, not the "general public", and the ALF are only
fighting to protect those creatures from mental and physical
torture, or death, who cannot protect themselves, so i would
say this does not fall within the broader requirements of
terrorism (especially political terrorism). Kudoes to them
for restraining from violence as much as they have. I would
urge them to focus on obtaining video evidence of what goes
on in these places, and then releasing it to the media.

I watched a scientific documentary not long ago concerning
the detrimental effects of solitary confinment on human
beings. And a test was conducted in which a young chimp was
placed into complete isolation until it basically went
insane, and even after returning the chimp to a group
setting, it could no longer socialize in a normal fashion.
It had become aggressive and was easily disturbed by even
the slightest of stimulus.

Look, i understand how these test can reveal great insights
into psychological and physiological conditions, but that
realization doesn't make the process any less cruel. Can
such torture be justified, even in the name of science?

> In short, I believe that "intent to endanger life" is too
> narrow a definition. What matters is the use of fear and
> violence in general -- against objects as well as people --
> with the aim of changing public perception and behaviour.
> Blowing up or otherwise destroying symbols of national and
> cultural identity would certainly qualify.

The sane solution to all this political violence is to use
your freedom of speech to protest. Protest everyday if you
must. Eventually, and if you are on the right side of the
issue, people will support you. One thing is for sure: if
you try to effect social change too quickly, you risk civil
war. These things take time. Patience is the key.

Rick Johnson

Sep 1, 2017, 10:28:52 PM9/1/17
Alex W. wrote:
> Which does beg the question whether our own governments are
> not engaged in terrorism when they push through
> legislation, define policies and engage in actions by
> creating fear in the minds of the voters.

Funny how governments tend to escape the definitions of
their own laws, isn't it?

> For example, take the invasion of Iraq: we were
> consistently told by our government that Saddam Hussein has
> weapons of mass destruction, and that he is capable of
> launching them at the UK at a mere 45 minutes' notice.

And that pig-faced Clapper told us that we were not being
spied on. Oops! But then he had to eat crow! Remind me
again: What is the definition of perjury?

> Or take the Patriot Act in the US: a fear-driven reaction
> to 9/11, it was pushed through Congress without due
> consideration (by all accounts most members did not even
> read it before voting it into law)

Oh, that never happens in the high-minded halls of our
legislatures! Remind me again: how many assistants do these
worthless bags of feces have? Oh, and then remind me: How
many assistants do the _assistants_ have?

> and that same fear was used to explain away and legitimize
> the undermining and active abrogation of civil liberties.
> In both those cases, our own governments fomented fear to
> alter behaviour and the very fabric of our legal systems.
> Is that not also terrorism?

I believe it is.

Mattb.

Sep 1, 2017, 10:37:40 PM9/1/17
On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:01:32 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In article <6e778279-2689-463d...@googlegroups.com>,
> Rick Johnson <rantingri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Rhetoric is one thing. Explosive destruction is quite
>> another. One is free speech. The other is terrorism. Big
>> difference.
>
>It's only terrorism if meants to terrorise. Construction sometimes uses
>explosives to safely overcome stubborn obstacles. Exploding a statue when and
>where nobody can be harmed or witness it is not terrorism.
>
>So was he hoping to terrorify or just remove an obstinate obstruction?

Then you'd have the same reaction if done to a Martin Luther King
monument?

Siri Cruise

Sep 1, 2017, 11:15:57 PM9/1/17
In article <ef6kqc1smgdh54prl...@4ax.com>,
If nobody was endangerred? Sure, vandalism not terrorism. Destroying someone
else's property is still a crime, but you don't have to make a big production
about it.

MattB

Sep 2, 2017, 1:08:24 PM9/2/17
On Fri, 01 Sep 2017 20:15:53 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In article <ef6kqc1smgdh54prl...@4ax.com>,
> Mattb. <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 09:01:32 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:

>> >It's only terrorism if meants to terrorise. Construction sometimes uses
>> >explosives to safely overcome stubborn obstacles. Exploding a statue when
>> >and
>> >where nobody can be harmed or witness it is not terrorism.
>> >
>> >So was he hoping to terrorify or just remove an obstinate obstruction?
>>
>> Then you'd have the same reaction if done to a Martin Luther King
>> monument?
>
>If nobody was endangerred? Sure, vandalism not terrorism. Destroying someone
>else's property is still a crime, but you don't have to make a big production
>about it.

Sorry I an against the individual destroying public property although
do see some MLK monuments destroyed.

Personally I believe if people support these statues they should buy
private land to make into a park and place the statues there. I say
the same about Christian monuments that are moved.

BTW did the Civil war start because of the slavery issue? Was that
the true cause? Also when the progressive mock all whites aren't they
also ridiculing the families whose ancestors fought to remove slavery?

Siri Cruise

Sep 2, 2017, 4:33:40 PM9/2/17
In article <6solqc9dbbthktu4k...@4ax.com>,
MattB <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >If nobody was endangerred? Sure, vandalism not terrorism. Destroying someone
> >else's property is still a crime, but you don't have to make a big
> >production
> >about it.
>
> Sorry I an against the individual destroying public property although
> do see some MLK monuments destroyed.

'Destroying someone else's property is still a crime...'

> BTW did the Civil war start because of the slavery issue? Was that

Yes, idiot. Read their various declarations of independence. The traitors were
explicit and proud of their cause.

> the true cause? Also when the progressive mock all whites aren't they
> also ridiculing the families whose ancestors fought to remove slavery?

See also white guy syndrome.

MattB

Sep 2, 2017, 4:57:55 PM9/2/17
On Sat, 02 Sep 2017 13:33:33 -0700, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In article <6solqc9dbbthktu4k...@4ax.com>,
> MattB <trdel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> >If nobody was endangerred? Sure, vandalism not terrorism. Destroying someone
>> >else's property is still a crime, but you don't have to make a big
>> >production
>> >about it.
>>
>> Sorry I an against the individual destroying public property although
>> do see some MLK monuments destroyed.
>
>'Destroying someone else's property is still a crime...'

Not if you are a Antifa protester/terrorist.

>> BTW did the Civil war start because of the slavery issue? Was that
>
>Yes, idiot. Read their various declarations of independence. The traitors were
>explicit and proud of their cause.

Then the Civil war started after the declaration to free slaves?

>> the true cause? Also when the progressive mock all whites aren't they
>> also ridiculing the families whose ancestors fought to remove slavery?
>
>See also white guy syndrome.

Well Chicago I guess shows Black Guy syndrome. How many murders were
there last weekend?