6th and 12th house empty - what does it mean?

heat...@delphi.com

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96

I guess the subject line says it all. I've always been curious about past
lives and had read on here to look in the 12th house for information
about them. My 12th house is empty, the opposition (6th house?) is empty
and the 1st and 11th houses are empty so there aren't any conjunctions.
Can anyone tell me what this means, or interpret this for me?

Thanks, Heather

Kevin Burk

Sep 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/9/96
to heat...@delphi.com

Heather,

When working with "empty" houses, look at the ruler of the sign on the
cusp of the house for information about the concerns about that house.
Personally, I find that working with the Traditional (Classical)
rulerships is far more effective than using the more modern system which
attempts to assign rulers to Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Try working
with them both and see which seems the more valid system to you.

Peace,

Kevin
<<kb...@astro-horoscopes.com http://www.astro-horoscopes.com/~kburk>>

Hugh E. Jeffcoat

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96
to heat...@delphi.com

HEATHER: Empty houses are not especially significant in the
reading of a natal horoscope. Certainly nothing in any house
can tell you the slightest iota about your past lives, or even
whether you had any or not. Post your complete birth data and
let us have a look at your chart. Maby we can tell you
something significant about the life you are leading now.

Hugh Jeffcoat
PO Box 170
Sparks, NV 89432

Jim Marshall

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96
to kb...@astro-horoscopes.com

I agree with Kevin,

Jim

Thomas Seers

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96
to Hugh E. Jeffcoat
Hey Sparkie,
I knew if pisces was here gemini couldn't be far away. So the choas
team is on board, what a loss for Prodigy. Have you learned any
astrology yet???????? If people are smart they'll keep their birth data
to themself as far as you guys are concerned.
Ya know I still have the post you guys put up on Prodigy, think
I should re-post them here?? Well, just so people around here could get
an idea of what the CHAOS team is really like. Na, I think I'll wait and
just produce quotes from youse guys great post on Prodigy. Feel free to
re-post mine if you have them.
I guess I'll have to check back here on alt.astrology more often
just to see what scam you guys are really up to, you do take your time
at it.
I see your still up there in the working girls country, guess
Pluto in sag. is brining out all the dirty old men. That's what Pluto
in Sag. does you know. Look in the papers and see all the children that
are being taken advantage of or abused. A father here in LA just shot
his wife and two children.
Well sparkie I'll be watching, Thomas
--
Thomas Seers AMAFA
Northridge, CA 91324

heat...@delphi.com

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

"Hugh E. Jeffcoat" <jef...@accutek.com> writes:

>HEATHER: Empty houses are not especially significant in the
>reading of a natal horoscope. Certainly nothing in any house
>can tell you the slightest iota about your past lives, or even
>whether you had any or not. Post your complete birth data and
>let us have a look at your chart. Maby we can tell you
>something significant about the life you are leading now.

Ok, my birth data is 9/20/75 3:46pm EST Montgomery, Alabama.

Here's the data written out:
Moon 01 Aries 19
Jupiter 22 Aries 32 (R)
Vesta 24 Pisces 15 (R)
Pallas Athene 27 Pisces 25 (R)
Chiron 27 Aries 07 (R)
Ceres 13 Gemini 53
Mars 20 Gemini 19
Saturn 00 Leo 20
Juno 16 Leo 07
Venus 25 Leo 35
Sun 27 Virgo 16
Pluto 08 Libra 40
Mercury 22 Libra 34
Uranus 00 Scorpio 39
Node M. 24 Scorpio 40
Neptune 09 Sagittarius 16

*I can write out the aspects if anyone really wants me to. Anyway, thanks
again for your help!

Heather

toni telo

Sep 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/10/96

>Subject: Re: 6th and 12th house empty - what does it mean?
> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 17:28:49 -0700
> From: Thomas Seers <bel...@westworld.com>
> To: "Hugh E. Jeffcoat" <jef...@accutek.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.astrology

>Hugh E. Jeffcoat wrote:
>
> HEATHER: Empty houses are not especially significant in the
> reading of a natal horoscope. Certainly nothing in any house
> can tell you the slightest iota about your past lives, or even
> whether you had any or not. Post your complete birth data and
> let us have a look at your chart. Maby we can tell you
> something significant about the life you are leading now.
>

> Hugh Jeffcoat
> PO Box 170

> Sparks, NV 89432Thomas Seers wrote:

>Hey Sparkie,
> I knew if pisces was here gemini couldn't be far away. So the
>choas team is on board, what a loss for Prodigy. Have you learned any
>astrology yet???????? If people are smart they'll keep their birth data
>to themself as far as you guys are concerned.
> Ya know I still have the post you guys put up on Prodigy, think
>I should re-post them here?? Well, just so people around here could get
>an idea of what the CHAOS team is really like. Na, I think I'll wait and
>just produce quotes from youse guys great post on Prodigy. Feel free to
>re-post mine if you have them.
> I guess I'll have to check back here on alt.astrology more often
>just to see what scam you guys are really up to, you do take your time
>at it.
> I see your still up there in the working girls country, guess
>Pluto in sag. is brining out all the dirty old men. That's what Pluto
>in Sag. does you know. Look in the papers and see all the children that
>are being taken advantage of or abused. A father here in LA just shot
>his wife and two children.
> Well sparkie I'll be watching, Thomas--
>Thomas Seers AMAFA
>Northridge, CA 91324
>tel/(818) 993-3318/Fax/(818) 773-9346
>Web Page-http://www.westworld.com/~belzar

Thanks Thomas Seers, you are truly an awesome astrologer and now
everyone can see what and how Mr. Seers enlightens us on astrology. I
don't know where these guys, Pete Stapleton and Hugh Jeffcoat came from
but they sure don't know their astrology. Thank you Thomas for giving us
the info on these people who profess to know astrology and even sell
their service. Heather beware your chart may need to be rectified. But
does Hugh say so -- of course not. i have been to astrologers like the
likes of Pete and Hugh -- take your money and don't know what to make out
of the readings they give. I had my chart rectified by Mr. Seers.
Finally my life makes sense, because of Mr. Seers rectification, as the
moon and other planets transit thru the houses in my chart. Do your self
a favor Heather take their advice with a grain of salt.

--
T Tela
c/o SCCL

Webpage: http://www.westworld.com/~nile/

paul fletcher

Sep 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/12/96

Sept. 3 :::::::: I predictedhere that Sept. 11 is the day when we would have follow-up
action on the first 33 cruise missiles that were fired onto Iraq. Yesterday, the 11th as
predicted Clinton was required to call in air firepower resources from New Mexico, Guam,
Saudi Arabia, etc. as Hussein fired a missile at U.S. jets and declared it would be an act of
war if U.S. jets used Kuwait airbases for further attacks.
People on this newsgroup have in the past: 1. Asked for something to research in all of the
discussions; 2. Used profanity towards astrologers who dealt with anecdotal evidence; 3.
Refused to discuss actual predictions as astrologers are often reluctant to predict anything
here. Well, I did this one, is is pretty simple; it could have been a lot more specific - I just
wanted to show it could be done. I've predicted when news would show up before after
sensational murder cases etc. Nothing special. I could teach regular astrologers the simple
formula in only a few sentences. But for sceptics who deny all realities except their own
fears it will be denied and will only earn their profanities. Anyway, you decide. Also there
were new headlines on CNN about other suspects in the Atlanta bombing that surfaced at
this same degree as when the Sun went over the degree! I made a second hit with that one!
Maybe those guys over at CIA Remote Viewing should ask me how its really done. Ha.
Following is the posting from last week: Tues. Sept. 3/96: Public affairs predictions that I
have done successfully: That when Mars and Venus get to 25 degrees Cancer there will be
fiery news to do with airplanes. Previously TWA flight 800 went down as the Sun transitted
that degree in opposition to Uranus and Neptune. This time it was 30 cruise missiles from
U.S. planes in Iraq. Last time when the TWA flight went down I predicted another explosive
event for the U.S. when The Sun went on to oppose Uranus directly at 1 degree of Leo. A
news-making bomb did go off on my predicted schedule in Atlanta at the Olympics. (Lots of
other documentation on how I got these predictions
available for those who are serious). This time we will wait for Mars/Venus to move to that
next transit degree of the Atlanta disaster which will happen around Sept. 11 as its takes
longer for Mars and Venus to travel there than the Sun. I don't make 500 predictions a day.
I make predictions rarely. However, I have an excellent hit rating.

Paul Schlyter

Sep 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/16/96

In article <3238E7...@sympatico.ca>,

paul fletcher <vpf...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Sept. 3 :::::::: I predictedhere that Sept. 11 is the day when we
> would have follow-up action on the first 33 cruise missiles that were

So you made a lucky guess. It was fairly easy for anyone to guess
there would be some continuation. Out of several astrologers
guessing various dates, some of them would happen to be right. So
this is the lottery effect: you happened to be right, so you brag
about it. If you'd happened to be wrong, you would have kept VERY
silent about it -- right?

Now, try to make a non-trivial prediction instead! For instance: until
what date will Saddam Hussein remain in power in Iraq? What will be
the name of his successor? Until what date will that successur rule
Iraq? If you get those three right, then you will impress me.

But trivial lucky guesses will NOT impress me....

Paul Schlyter, Swedish Amateur Astronomer's Society (SAAF)
Grev Turegatan 40, S-114 38 Stockholm, SWEDEN
e-mail: pau...@saaf.se p...@home.ausys.se

EPowell103

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96

Heather- Think of it this way. There are always twelve houses, there are
only ten planets (ish) Something is always going to be vacant. It's not
possible to have every house tenanted. Besides, as has been said, it's
not what planet is where, it's what the planetary ruler of the cusp is
doing, and it's essental dignity or lack thereof, that matters. I have
everything within the space of a trine- 7 Leo to 7 Sag. That's IT. So 7
houses are completely vacant. And yet, I function, well at least kinda.
:-)
Elizabeth

Kevin Burk

Sep 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/20/96
to EPowell103

EPowell103 wrote:

> Heather- Think of it this way. There are always twelve houses, there are
> only ten planets (ish) Something is always going to be vacant.

<<SNIP>>

Elizabeth,

Something that I've recently learned and find fascinating (and that
makes the question of empty houses almost moot) is that the ancients
looked at the PLANETS as filters for the SIGNS, not the SIGNS as filters
for the PLANETS. (And the ancients used whole sign houses, so if you
have Gemini rising, /ALL/ of the sign of Gemini is your 1st 'house').

When a sign (=house) had no tenants, it meant that the energy of that
sign can be expressed without hindrance, in its purest form. A planet
in a sign (again, = house in this context) gives form to the expression
of the sign's energy - it limits it in some way, regardless of what
dignity a planet may have in a sign. If you have Mars in Aries, no
matter how happy Mars may be, the Aries energy will always be filtered
through Mars, whereas if you have no planets in Aries, you can express
the Aries energy without any constraints.

Certainly food for thought, isn't it?

Peace,

Kevin
mailto:kb...@astro-horoscopes.com
http://www.astro-horoscopes.com/~kburk
Astrological Horoscopes & Forecasts
P. O. Box 16098 San Diego, CA 92176 (619) 221-5534

Jim Marshall

Sep 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/21/96
to epowe...@aol.com

epowe...@aol.com (EPowell103) wrote:
>Heather- Think of it this way. There are always twelve houses, there are
>only ten planets (ish) Something is always going to be vacant. It's not
>possible to have every house tenanted. Besides, as has been said, it's
>not what planet is where, it's what the planetary ruler of the cusp is
>doing, and it's essental dignity or lack thereof, that matters. I have
>everything within the space of a trine- 7 Leo to 7 Sag. That's IT. So 7
>houses are completely vacant. And yet, I function, well at least kinda.
>:-)
>Elizabeth

The ruler of the sign on the cusp of any emty house dominates
the events pertaining to that house.
The position of the ruler and it's aspects to it, of the 6th
house, tells you your working conditions as well as sicknesses.
The 12th house ruler and it's aspects tells you what you bring
into this life subconsciously.

Jim
To all beginers in astrology see
my page. http://www.webbuild.com/~jhm1
Astrol knowledge!

Jim Marshall

Sep 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/21/96
to epowe...@aol.com

Jim Marshall

Sep 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/21/96

Stacy Marvelous

Sep 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/22/96

Heather-

The absence of planets posited in a house may mean that the matters of
that house are not an issue for you to work on specifically in this
lifetime.

Stacy

Susan Santomieri

Sep 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/23/96

<kb...@astro-horoscopes.com> wrote:
>Something that I've recently learned and find fascinating (and that
>makes the question of empty houses almost moot) is that the ancients
>looked at the PLANETS as filters for the SIGNS, not the SIGNS as filters
>for the PLANETS. (And the ancients used whole sign houses, so if you
>have Gemini rising, /ALL/ of the sign of Gemini is your 1st 'house').
>
>When a sign (=house) had no tenants, it meant that the energy of that
>sign can be expressed without hindrance, in its purest form. . . . .

Kevin, the theory is interesting but after some reflection, I don’t
think I agree. In my experience an empty sign expresses a blend of
that sign and the placement of its ruler. For example an empty Aries
on the 7th cusp with Mars in Pisces would express both Aries and
Pisces. The Aries expression may be more immediate but the Pisces
Mars energy and house is a contributing influence in 7th house
affairs. In fact I’d consider the placement of Venus, as natural
ruler of the Libra 7th house, as an influence too. It seems to me the
purest Aries expression would be as a rising sign with Mars therein.

My own chart has an untenanted Sagittarius on the 7th cusp, and
although I express many of the sign’s characteristics in my
relationships (ethnic diversity, freedom to roam, even a twelve year
involvement with a teacher) the emotional needs of my Scorpio Jupiter
are definite motivating factors.

--Susan

***
Susan Santomieri
susa...@ix.netcom.com susa...@aol.com
http://www.netcom.com/~susansan/astrology.html

Kevin Ehmka

Sep 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/24/96
to kb...@astro-horoscopes.com, eh...@frontiernet.net

Kevin Burk wrote:

> Something that I've recently learned and find fascinating (and that
> makes the question of empty houses almost moot) is that the ancients
> looked at the PLANETS as filters for the SIGNS, not the SIGNS as filters
> for the PLANETS. (And the ancients used whole sign houses, so if you
> have Gemini rising, /ALL/ of the sign of Gemini is your 1st 'house').
>
> When a sign (=house) had no tenants, it meant that the energy of that

> sign can be expressed without hindrance, in its purest form. A planet
> in a sign (again, = house in this context) gives form to the expression
> of the sign's energy - it limits it in some way, regardless of what
> dignity a planet may have in a sign. If you have Mars in Aries, no
> matter how happy Mars may be, the Aries energy will always be filtered
> through Mars, whereas if you have no planets in Aries, you can express
> the Aries energy without any constraints.

Kevin,

I agree with you. A planet constrains the sign's energy according to
that planet's level of development.

But notice that interesting phrase - "express the Aries energy". See how
the meaning of the zodiac signs shift from behavioral patterns to
energy. This is one area where textbook astrology needs adjustment, I
think.

Replacing the perspective that currently ties behavior/personality to
zodiac signs with the fluidity of energy dynamics is the key. Yet, what
is Aries if its energy and is formless? What do we say to someone that
says "I'm an Aries, tell me about myself?" And how we can possibly
comprehend all 12 zodiac/energy signs in one Now?

all the best,
Kevin

P.S. Hey, nice name!

Kevin Burk

Sep 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/25/96
to eh...@kodak.com

Kevin Ehmka wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> I agree with you. A planet constrains the sign's energy according to
> that planet's level of development.
>
> But notice that interesting phrase - "express the Aries energy". See how
> the meaning of the zodiac signs shift from behavioral patterns to
> energy. This is one area where textbook astrology needs adjustment, I
> think.
>
> Replacing the perspective that currently ties behavior/personality to
> zodiac signs with the fluidity of energy dynamics is the key. Yet, what
> is Aries if its energy and is formless? What do we say to someone that
> says "I'm an Aries, tell me about myself?" And how we can possibly
> comprehend all 12 zodiac/energy signs in one Now?
>
> all the best,
> Kevin
>
> P.S. Hey, nice name!

Kevin

(Boy, is this post going to be confusing to follow!)

I tend to view the signs as motivations and the planets as functions.
The Aries motivation is to be, to express the self, to initiate. Taking
the traditional view that the planets are filters for the signs, if
Aries is the 6th sign and there are no planets in Aries, that person
would be able to freely express their motivation to initiate, to take
action, to simply /be/, when they were involved in 6th house matters
such as daily routine, work, and health.

(I should not here, that I don't entirely work with this theory - when I
first posted it, I meant it as an interesting comment on the question of
empty houses. But then again, I guess that I do subscribe to it
somewhat...)

Now, in the above case, whenever a planet transits the sign of Aries,
the individual's 6th house Aries expression is given form by that planet
(or planets).

As to how we can comprehend all 12 zodiac signs in one Now...I'm not
sure how to answer that. We've all had experience with all 12 signs
either natally or by transit. Granted, these experiences are not
necessarily 'pure' since they are brought into focus by the cycles of
the planets as we experience the mundane transits and cycles. By the
age of 30, we've experienced all of the 7 visible planets in all 12
signs at least once.

I don't think this really answered your question (which may have been
rhetorical for that matter) but I'm still not thinking 100%
clearly...give me a few days until Mercury goes direct...and the eclipse
is over... ;-)

Peace,

Kevin (Burk)

Kevin Fry

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

Kevin Ehmka wrote:

> Kevin Burk wrote:
>

> > Something that I've recently learned and find fascinating (and that
> > makes the question of empty houses almost moot) is that the ancients
> > looked at the PLANETS as filters for the SIGNS, not the SIGNS as filters
> > for the PLANETS. (And the ancients used whole sign houses, so if you
> > have Gemini rising, /ALL/ of the sign of Gemini is your 1st 'house').
> >
> > When a sign (=house) had no tenants, it meant that the energy of that
> > sign can be expressed without hindrance, in its purest form. A planet
> > in a sign (again, = house in this context) gives form to the expression
> > of the sign's energy - it limits it in some way, regardless of what
> > dignity a planet may have in a sign. If you have Mars in Aries, no
> > matter how happy Mars may be, the Aries energy will always be filtered
> > through Mars, whereas if you have no planets in Aries, you can express
> > the Aries energy without any constraints.
> >

> Kevin,
>
> I agree with you. A planet constrains the sign's energy according to
> that planet's level of development.
>
> But notice that interesting phrase - "express the Aries energy". See how
> the meaning of the zodiac signs shift from behavioral patterns to
> energy. This is one area where textbook astrology needs adjustment, I
> think.
>
> Replacing the perspective that currently ties behavior/personality to
> zodiac signs with the fluidity of energy dynamics is the key. Yet, what
> is Aries if its energy and is formless? What do we say to someone that
> says "I'm an Aries, tell me about myself?" And how we can possibly
> comprehend all 12 zodiac/energy signs in one Now?
>
> all the best,
> Kevin
>
> P.S. Hey, nice name!

I'm extremely fascinated by this thread. Is it possible to
communicate
the idea of a specific energy pattern without losing something in the
translation? This seems akin to proving a belief. As an astologer, I
think
in terms of energy, but I express in terms of form. Where do Gemini and
Sag
meet? Burk, you said '...the energy of that sign can be expressed
without
hindrance, in its purest form.' Is this an example of expressing in
form?
Since learning astrology, I've learned to experience life as energy. I
see
one's dad undergoing surgery and having your career transformed as one
thing.
So thinking in 'energetics' is less separative and, I believe, a step in
the
right direction. What are your opinions?

--I've think I've been here before...
Kevin Fry