Roger Craig as a reliable witness ?

David Ark bazet

Oct 1, 2017, 2:01:50 PM10/1/17
Hi , thanks for stopping by !

I'm doing an essay on Roger Craig and whether he was or wasn't a reliable
witness in the JFK affair.I need two POV , John MacAdams' one and one of a
conspiracist.What do they think ? And what do you think !?

Thank you , Its for school btw

Jonny Mayer

Oct 1, 2017, 6:33:05 PM10/1/17
Roger Craig believed what he said. I beleive him to be incorrect when
stating he saw Mauser stamped on the barrel of the gun found in the
sniper's nest.

I do beleive he saw Lee getting into a station wagon and leaving via Elm
st. underpass.

His daughter has posted online about his unreliability especially towards
the end of his life.

He was known to have mental issues.

There may have been some work done to slur his name by the cover up. For
example Fritz denied Craig had been in his office that day and instead
said he may have been outside of his office at one point. Then years
later, a photo surfaced with Craig in Fritz's office proving Craig right
all along.

John McAdams

Oct 1, 2017, 6:37:14 PM10/1/17
On 1 Oct 2017 18:33:03 -0400, Jonny Mayer <jonal...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
No, the photo shows Craig in Fritz' *outer office* (the Homicide and
Robbery Bureau) along with a bunch of cops and a secretary. Oswald
was not being questioned there.

Also, the supposed exchange between Fritz and Oswald that Craig
described assumed that Mrs. Paine owned a Ramber.

But she did not.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/paine_wagon.pdf

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1140#relPageId=714

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Robert Harris

Oct 2, 2017, 4:46:15 PM10/2/17
Craig was not an honest witnesss.

He claimed to have identified the rifle found on the 6th
floor as a Mauser, but in an earlier interview, said he
didn't see it and had no idea what it was.

That rifle ironically, probably was a Mauser, but Craig
couldn't have known that.

Robert Harris

David Ark bazet

Oct 2, 2017, 4:46:55 PM10/2/17
so do you think craig was a reliable witness ?

John McAdams

Oct 2, 2017, 4:48:33 PM10/2/17
On 2 Oct 2017 16:46:52 -0400, David Ark bazet <dav....@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>so do you think craig was a reliable witness ?

I think your teacher wants you to sort through the evidence.

But see:

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/craig.htm

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

claviger

Oct 2, 2017, 8:35:11 PM10/2/17
A Carcano rifle belonging to LHO was the only weapon
found inside the TSBD that day. No Mauser shells were
found on any floor. Two officers searching the 6th floor
made a mistake calling the rifle found a Mauser because
the magazine housing on the Carcano M38 resembles a
certain type of Mauser .
http://candrsenal.com/rifle-italian-carcano-m1891/
https://i.imgur.com/30ws11v.gif

Go to this website to find several military rifles having
the same type and design of magazine housing as the
Carcano, including Mauser and Mosin-Nagant:
Antique Military Firearms for sale
https://www.empirearms.com/antique.htm

BOZ

Oct 3, 2017, 4:38:42 PM10/3/17
On Monday, October 2, 2017 at 5:46:55 PM UTC-3, David Ark bazet wrote:
> so do you think craig was a reliable witness ?

Roger Craig was a liar.

bigdog

Oct 3, 2017, 4:46:39 PM10/3/17
One of the most distinguishing characteristics of the Carcano is the fixed
magazine forward of the trigger guard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcano#/media/File:Carcano_M1891.jpg

The Belgian Mauser which was adopted by the Argentine army has the same
characteristic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_Model_1889#/media/File:1891_Argentine_Mauser.jpg

Other makes of rifles also have a similar fixed magazine but the Belgian
Mauser is the one that most resembles the Carcano.

Comparing the two rifles, it would be quite easy to confuse one for the
other at a glance.

Anthony Marsh

Oct 3, 2017, 6:35:11 PM10/3/17
On 10/2/2017 8:35 PM, claviger wrote:
> On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 1:01:50 PM UTC-5, David Ark bazet wrote:
>> Hi , thanks for stopping by !
>> I'm doing an essay on Roger Craig and whether he was or wasn't a reliable
>> witness in the JFK affair.I need two POV , John MacAdams' one and one of a
>> conspiracist.What do they think ? And what do you think !?
>> Thank you , Its for school btw
>
> A Carcano rifle belonging to LHO was the only weapon
> found inside the TSBD that day. No Mauser shells were
> found on any floor. Two officers searching the 6th floor

I like where you are going, but you make a simple mistake. You don't
have to find a shell to prove that a rifle was fired. With a bolt action
rifle you do not have to eject that empty shell if you don't need to
reload because you don't intend to shoot another shot.

> made a mistake calling the rifle found a Mauser because
> the magazine housing on the Carcano M38 resembles a
> certain type of Mauser .

Something like that, but they do look very similar.

> http://candrsenal.com/rifle-italian-carcano-m1891/
> https://i.imgur.com/30ws11v.gif
>
> Go to this website to find several military rifles having
> the same type and design of magazine housing as the
> Carcano, including Mauser and Mosin-Nagant:

My God, man, Weitzman wouldn't know a big word like that.

claviger

Oct 4, 2017, 7:51:14 AM10/4/17
On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 1:01:50 PM UTC-5, David Ark bazet wrote:
Deputy Sheriff Eugene Boone discovered the rifle between boxes on the 6th
floor.

TESTIMONY OF EUGENE BOONE
Mr. BALL - I show you a rifle which is Commission Exhibit 139. Can you tell
us whether or not that looks like the rifle you saw on the floor that day?
Mr. BOONE - It looks like the same rifle. I have no way of being positive.
Mr. BALL - You never handled it?
Mr. BOONE - I did not touch the weapon at all.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/boone.htm

Deputy Constable Seymour Weitzman
TESTIMONY OF SEYMOUR WEITZMAN
Mr. BALL - In the statement that you made to the Dallas Police Department
that afternoon, you referred to the rifle as a 7.65 Mauser bolt action?
Mr. WEITZMAN - In a glance, that's what it looked like.
Mr. BALL - That's what it looked like did you say that or someone else say
that?
Mr. WEITZMAN - No; I said that. I thought it was one.
Mr. BALL - Are you fairly familiar with rifles?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Fairly familiar because I was in the sporting goods business
awhile.
Mr. BALL - What branch of service were you in?
Mr. WEITZMAN - U.S. Air Force.
Mr. BALL - Did you handle rifles?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Mostly Thompson machine guns and pistols.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/weitzman.htm

Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig
TESTIMONY Of ROGER D CRAIG
Mr. CRAIG - They wanted to search the building for the weapon, so I went to
the---I went to the northeast corner of the building and began to search
west.
Mr. BELIN - Uh-huh.
Mr. CRAIG - Uh---everybody else took a different spot. And as I got nearly
to the west end of the building, Officer Boone---Eugene Boone with the
sheriff's office---hollered that here was the rifle.
Mr. BELIN - How far were you from Officer Boone when he hollered?
Mr. CRAIG - About 8-foot.
Mr. BELIN - What did you do then?
Mr. CRAIG - I went over to the--uh--luster of boxes where he was standing
and looked down between the boxes and saw the rifle lying on the floor.
Mr. BELIN - When you say "between the cluster of boxes," could you describe
which way the boxes were?
Mr. CRAIG - There was a row going east to west on the north side of the
weapon, and a box going east to west on the south side of the weapon,
and--uh--if I remember, uh--as you'd look down, you had to look kinda back
under the north stack of boxes to see the rifle. It was pushed kinda
under---uh---or up tight against 'em---you know, where it would be hard to
see. And, of course, both ends of the rows were closed off where you
couldn't see through 'em. You had to get up and look in 'em.
Mr. BELIN - You are gesturing with your hand there---would you say that
the boxes, then, as you gestured, were in the shape of what I would call a
rectangular "O", so to speak?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes, yes, uh-huh.
Mr. BELIN - And about how high were the walls of this enclosure, so to speak?
Mr. CRAIG - Well, it-it was different heights. Now, the part where I looked
in particularly was about---uh---oh, was about 5-foot.
Mr. BELIN - All right. And you gestured there in such a way that you had to
lean over and look straight down? Would that be a fair statement of your
gestures?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes; yes. You had to lean over the boxes and look down.
Mr. BELIN - All right. Then what happened? After you found this, did people
come over---or what?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes; several other people came over.
Mr. BELIN - Do you remember about what time this was?
Mr. CRAIG - No; I had no idea then how long it had been.
Mr. BELIN - All right. Do you remember who else came over?
Mr. CRAIG - Oh, Officer Mooney and--uh--several of the city officers; Will
Fritz came over--Capt. Will Fritz, with the city of Dallas; some of his
investigators, I didn't know them; and a criminal identification man, I
believe, from the city of Dallas, then came over there to take pictures of
the weapon.
Mr. BELIN - The weapon was moved by the time the pictures were taken?
Mr. CRAIG - No; no. The pictures were taken as the weapon was found lying
here.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/craig.htm

They all saw the same rifle between boxes on the 6th floor. That rifle
was later identified as a 6.5mm Carcano M38 SR.

Mark OBLAZNEY

Oct 8, 2017, 8:17:58 PM10/8/17
So i guess that was the rifle that shot Kennedy. Why do so many people
disagree?

Anthony Marsh

Oct 9, 2017, 8:34:22 PM10/9/17
Because they get tired of the government ALWAYS lying to us.
It started with Watergate.

claviger

Oct 10, 2017, 10:31:31 AM10/10/17
Good question. I don't know since ALL evidence confirms it was the only
rifle discovered in the TSBD building that day. The guessing from a
distance it was a Mauser soon proved to be incorrect. The Carcano M38 SR
did resemble a Mauser carbine due to similarity in shape of the clip
housing. No Mauser shells were found anywhere in the building. This is
an example of CTs grasping at straws to nurture a conspiracy theory
alternative.

claviger

Oct 10, 2017, 10:30:13 PM10/10/17
On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 7:17:58 PM UTC-5, Mark OBLAZNEY wrote:
Conspiracy has sex appeal, reality is boring.

Simple basic facts lack the obscurity, mystique, and allure of conspiracy.
Facts are like your Aunt Bertha, she is what she is. Conspiracy is a
mysterious, seductive, bewitching siren of mythology. Aunt Bertha can't
compete with devious Madam X or the menace of Dragon Lady.

Conspiracy is the opiate of imagination. CTs believe they can summon the
genie of conspiracy into existence with incantations like "back and to the
left, back and to the left," as a self-fulfilling prophecy. They truly
believe it can be actualized into existence, no evidence necessary.
Conspiracy is an addiction, the answer to all mysteries.

The antidote is HANLON’S RAZOR:

Classic:

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
stupidity.

Modern:

Never attribute to conspiracy that which is adequately explained by
boring old fashioned incompetence.

Anthony Marsh

Oct 11, 2017, 11:16:02 AM10/11/17
Very good. I would prefer that you refer to it as the 91/38.

claviger

Oct 12, 2017, 7:17:58 PM10/12/17
None of these 3 members on the search team who called it a Mauser held
it in their hands to inspect closely on the day it was found.