[First ASCII Art] Nozzles!

TiD91

Feb 28, 2016, 8:46:53 PM2/28/16

/ "._ |
/ "-._|
'-._
'-_
"_
'-.
`.,.,..,.

Help? Suggestions?

PS: But Email posting is not allowed here? Why? It's annoying and ugly to see the ASCII art with the Google Group font!

colone...@yahoo.com

Feb 28, 2016, 10:46:41 PM2/28/16
On Sun, 28 Feb 2016, TiD91 wrote:

> PS: But Email posting is not allowed here? Why? It's annoying and ugly to see the ASCII art with the Google Group font!

Use a newsreader maybe?

paul

Mar 1, 2016, 9:06:36 AM3/1/16
Any suggestions beyond thunderbird? (what I'm using now)
linux support is a must.

Ruben Di Battista

Mar 1, 2016, 1:12:45 PM3/1/16
For Linux I discovered that http://pan.rebelbase.com/ is the one in
general suggested. Did you check on it?

--
_
-. .´ |∞∞∞∞

paul

Mar 1, 2016, 2:46:27 PM3/1/16
On 01/03/16 18:12, Ruben Di Battista wrote:
> On 01/03/16 15:06, paul wrote:

>>> Use a newsreader maybe?
>>
>> Any suggestions beyond thunderbird? (what I'm using now)
>> linux support is a must.
>>

> For Linux I discovered that http://pan.rebelbase.com/ is the one in
> general suggested. Did you check on it?

I forgot I had it installed.

Doesn't work. Probably my fault, but I'm not too sure.

bleak_fire_

Mar 1, 2016, 4:24:03 PM3/1/16
Pan has some issues with crossposting to large amounts of groups (a
common thing with the political groups) which requires one to save the
message through the clipboard and decide which groups to cut off from the
list (more than 3 usually fail and more than 4 or 5 always fail), trial
and error. But other than that Pan is great.

--

bleak_fire_
since nine-seven

colone...@yahoo.com

Mar 1, 2016, 7:12:50 PM3/1/16
I've used (al)pine for many years, a terminal (text) program. Using
eternal september since my isp dropped usenet.

And 'pologies for being rudely terse in that reply.

Ron

paul

Mar 2, 2016, 8:35:32 AM3/2/16
Noted.

Though, right after I saw that, I checked the message source and saw
that you were in fact using alpine.
I'm on open-news. I think they have better retention.
Also some other random one that doesn't allow posting but gives me
binary access.

Ruben Di Battista

Mar 3, 2016, 8:08:42 PM3/3/16
No problem.

I Just discovered that I was answering you privately.

Currently learning how Usenet thing works =)

ThatGrrl

Mar 27, 2016, 12:45:55 AM3/27/16
I found a bookmarklet which I'm testing out here. It works. I don't know where I found it but it is called "Text font to Courier". Likely you could track it down.

elronnd

Apr 24, 2016, 8:02:42 PM4/24/16

On Tue, 1 Mar 2016, paul wrote:

> *snip*
> Any suggestions beyond thunderbird? (what I'm using now)
> linux support is a must.

I recommend alpine. It's a little bit old/out of date, but it still works
great, and since it runs in a terminal, it will definitely have monospaced
font