Raised On Taters And Corn Bread

Antti

Feb 8, 2020, 4:57:25 AM2/8/20
Raised On Taters And Corn Bread

I wish I had been a Georgia boy
a redneck through and through.
All of this God dang poetry and
yearning to make shitty music
struck straight out of my head.

Somewhere in the red green heat baked
black asphalt of the great
state of Georgia where Finland it ain´t.
I wish I had been a Georgia boy
shooting bottles in the sand.

Going huntin´ on the weekends
and mud-bogging instead of being a one man band.
But for my great misfortune God made me so
brainless like a firefly
and useless like a tailgate sewn to my hand.

++

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2020, 5:30:42 AM2/8/20
You definitely nailed the image this area projects, Antti... and I mistaken or do I remember you had/have a La Grange connection?

I was born there, you probably know/remember. Here I was with my best friends on February 11 1978, in La Grange:

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/84291682_10158509982554363_2458583539591938048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQm14GEqb1V7W03pb2RpmYY19YllaxIUhUgikmL5px5f7J7sIW-Sy1SGskTi-gmIud0&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=f6291b87e7f9beb70674297d03793521&oe=5ED5342D

L-R: Chris Brown, Jenny Whitley, Kathy Strickland & Will Dockery.

Antti

Feb 8, 2020, 6:59:46 AM2/8/20
Yes I remember you were from there!

The husband of my former sister in law was from La Grange..
We were invited to visit his family, but we never went. I saw them a couple of
times.

It is funny. Now that the pain of the divorce is starting to dull. I realize
I am going to miss GA. I do have a GA licence plate on my wall and countless
pictures and videos.

Antti

Hieronymous Corey

Feb 8, 2020, 7:07:24 AM2/8/20
On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 4:57:25 AM UTC-5, Antti wrote:
That’s a lot of starch. You shouldn’t eat all that starch. It’ll make you fat.

ktell...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2020, 10:31:34 AM2/8/20
On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 4:57:25 AM UTC-5, Antti wrote:
My nephew grew up in Georgia, and he's an intellectual young man. I don't think he's ever shot a gun.

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2020, 12:02:28 PM2/8/20
If this isn't too personal a question, what area of Finland do you live in?

The country seems vast.

Hieronymous Corey

Feb 8, 2020, 12:09:01 PM2/8/20
Finland is about the size of California and half the size of Texas.

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2020, 12:31:24 PM2/8/20
I used to be fascinated with Lapland when I was a child, it seemed such a magical, far away land, so different fro the hardscrabble reality I knew here in the Deep South:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izPcb8etIKU

Antti

Feb 9, 2020, 5:00:42 AM2/9/20
Yes, Georgia is full of educated, smart people. Places like Athens are full of schools and a lot of progressive bands such as R.E.M and Indigo Girls hail from there. Driving through some neighborhoods I felt poor (full of rich people). But that would not have allowed me to write a poem with the redneck theme.

Truthfully if I was under Georgia sun I burnt instantly. So I have been a redneck in Ga. :)

I did serve in military (draft). I think I would have liked shooting guns etc.

Also. I grew up fishing and living on summer cottages at summer time. Georgia has a lot of lakes and pine tree forests that actually remind me of Finland.

Sometimes I wish I had had a simpler life. A good head on my shoulders and America around me. Finland. We are very serious and.. Non American here. I miss the American openness.. The southern hospitality that seemed to be in decline in thr 16 years I travelled between GA and back..

Antti

Antti

Antti

Feb 9, 2020, 5:01:30 AM2/9/20
Vantaa. Part of Metropolitan of Helsinki.

Antti

Antti

Feb 9, 2020, 5:11:04 AM2/9/20
Funny thing is. I like Finland too. I mean in US I could not afford the operation I need (50- 60k here it is 35 euros a day while I am in hospital). Also it is pretty country..

But imagine having Donald Trump for a father. Instead of bouncing from the banktrupcy he stayed in one for 20 years.

Meanwhile my own life got wrecked by a break in our house (masked guy was looking for a safe and held me and my little brother a hostage for hour and half threatening to kill us with a knife, after he did it he left a message "we will meet again - Aristoteles" on my laptop. I quit school and my life took a turn to shit the day after in 1991.)

I guess I began idealizing US after that.

It is blows like that that people who never get struck by something equal, will never understand.

But yes. Finland is beautiful. Sometimes.

Antti

Antti

Feb 9, 2020, 5:17:09 AM2/9/20
Katrina still lives here. She is travelling there in April with her sister who is coming to visit.

We actually had a ski lodge of there when we had money. I visited it once :) I can not imagine now having something like that and never going there.. My dad owned property everywhere..It was a different time.. My childhood.. It is funny I have been cash broke my whole life. But I will always be a rich kid..

I wish I had been a poor kid. Maybe part of the theme of this poem.. It sucks to get used to money and then lose it all.

I also wrote a song partly with this theme:

https://youtu.be/6DlRBfGWn2A

Antti

Will Dockery

Feb 9, 2020, 6:05:16 AM2/9/20
This is excellent, Antti... I'd call it a sort of fusion of progressive rock and country/western.

I Miss You (I Miss Georgia Too) (Country / Rock / Bluegrass) / Antti Luode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlRBfGWn2A&feature=youtu.be

Hieronymous Corey

Feb 9, 2020, 6:12:10 AM2/9/20
You should write some songs together.

Will Dockery

Feb 9, 2020, 6:15:34 AM2/9/20
If Antti was still here in Georgia, I'd be interested in that.

ktell...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2020, 6:21:54 AM2/9/20
On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 5:00:42 AM UTC-5, Antti wrote:
> Yes, Georgia is full of educated, smart people. Places like Athens are full of schools and a lot of progressive bands such as R.E.M and Indigo Girls hail from there. Driving through some neighborhoods I felt poor (full of rich people). But that would not have allowed me to write a poem with the redneck theme.
>
> Truthfully if I was under Georgia sun I burnt instantly. So I have been a redneck in Ga. :)

I used to refer to my nephew as the whitest white boy in Savannah; he's very blond like my sister and sister in law..
Message has been deleted

Hieronymous Corey

Feb 9, 2020, 6:23:29 AM2/9/20
His heart is still there, which is why I think it would be a good fit.
Distance shouldn’t be an issue, with FaceTime, Skype and other
technology today. Seems to me the only thing stopping you from
doing it is the mutual desire to put something together. In any
event, it was just an idea. I think you two would work well together.

Heath...@novabbs.i2p

Feb 9, 2020, 6:31:57 AM2/9/20
Antti wrote on Sun, 09 February 2020 10:17
I cannot play YouTube on this specific gizmo but look forward to it later on today when I get to a better machine.....!

ktell...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2020, 6:46:19 AM2/9/20
You still should. I don't know how musical you are, Will, But if Antti sends a tune, you could collaborate on lyrics.

Hieronymous Corey

Feb 9, 2020, 6:50:06 AM2/9/20
👍

Heath...@novabbs.i2p

Feb 9, 2020, 7:35:54 AM2/9/20
Antti wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 09:57
For quite a while I hated the south and was angry my mother and father dragged us down here, I was a Buffalo New Yorker.....

But after forty years here I find much of value in the land and the people of the Southlands.....

Hector Heathcliff

Feb 9, 2020, 6:39:59 PM2/9/20
Having listen now.... wondrous new take on Americana.....

Via Finland....!

Heath...@novabbs.i2p

Feb 9, 2020, 7:14:47 PM2/9/20
eeling All Right (Cover) / Will Dockery and The Conley Brothers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGxuMiwKMIw&list=UUflMmUS02kudCqe31A-YXzw&index=11

For Antti when you miss some good ole Georgia Soul....!!

Heath...@novabbs.i2p

Feb 9, 2020, 7:15:39 PM2/9/20
Feeling All Right (Cover) / Will Dockery and The Conley Brothers

[url
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGxuMiwKMIw&list=UUflMmUS02kudCqe31A-YXzw&index=11[/url]
>
> For Antti when you miss some good ole Georgia Soul....!!

Typo corrected....!

Will Dockery

Feb 10, 2020, 12:13:47 AM2/10/20
I dabble in music, along with the poetry... here are a few of my songs:

https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/songs

Antti

Feb 10, 2020, 1:54:31 AM2/10/20
I am afflicted in the damnest ways. One of them is that my timing is
off really badly. The more I try to keep timing, the more I have to stress
and that sadly effects my epilepsy. My epilepsy is bothered by long sessions of making music. Yet, even with that handicap, I never gave that up.

I actually would have been interested being in a band if I could overcome
these problems. At the same time, I can produce. Kind of. I am not on pro level. I lack the latest and greatest wizardry. When it comes to engineering
I am not very good. I know to really polish a song you have to first
have that perfect track. Then it has to be mastered damn well. I do wish
I knew someone who is featured on "Pensados place":

https://www.youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

I actually was aware of you being near where I was when I visited Georgia
for long periods of time. But my skills have built through the years. I was
actually only a beginner on the first few years. Then as I got sick. I got
better. But really. The timing problem is what kills me.

Also, making music. It is so damn hard. I have written literally thousands of
pieces and you know what. I would just like to write that one piece that
stops people and makes them say. "Hey that is a good one." That one piece
that they play all through. Then play it again. Then adopt it as part of
their lives.

I have never been able to do that. That is what I am doing. Trying to
write that ONE SONG.

That was my initial reason for beginning to do this. Because I love
music. But making music has made me humble. I realize that starting at age
26 was too late. Also, what hinders me is my voice, my ability to write
shitty lyrics. I can write utter garbage.

Also. Writing songs with someone else. There is instantly the budding of heads. The different visions. To write as equals, to know ones strengths
and weaknesses it is a hard process. Honesty in songwriting process is
emotionally punishing.

That is why I publish everything. Because truthfully, I am my own worst
critic. On some level I hate EVERYTHING I have written. So.
Making music. It is the worst things in the world. It is the best thing in
the world. But right now I am waiting for a brain surgery.

And I wish I had never made music a day in my life. I wish I had been a good
husband to Katrina and we had never divorced. I wish I had had a stable
9 / 5 job. Being a musician, especially a not very good one. It is
a very punishing existence. It is like wearing one of those kick me
t shirts.

Who knows about future though. I have made music with other people. None
of it ever turned out good enough for recognition. That is just the reality of it.

Here is one I did with a guy from Fl Studio forums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRlKKXYSCTs

Deals with God
***************

when you coming on down
like a beggar on the ground
when you coming on down
when you coming on down

when you coming on down
from the high of your life
when you coming on down
when you coming on down

when all you can feel is
the pain inside
when you coming on down
when you coming on down

when all you can see is
the one you miss
when you coming on down
when you coming on down

making deals with God
begging please
fallen down
down on your knees

nothing you can do
can change her mind
you are coming on down
you are coming on down

nothing really matters
when your life is in tatters
you are coming on down
you are coming on down

making deals with God
begging please
fallen down
down on your knees

feeling down
feeling low
you gotta go
on with the show

if beginning was the end
and the end was beginning
what would you do now
would you do

If God came through
with a second chance in life
what would you do now
would you do

Deals with God
begging please
fallen down
down on your knees

making deals with God
begging please
fallen down
down on your knees

making deals with God
begging please
fallen down
down on your knees

--

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=115982&_ga=2.53806432.93431714.1581316958-1465388733.1577782109

It is my original song but he remastered it. (I am not very good with
electronic music, I do not know how to program a synth, so i always just
use presets.). This song was actually about me getting sick.. But now
listening to it. It fits my current situation. (I wrote it to be about
break up, but it actually was about me being sick) Katrina hated that
song because it depicted the really dark feelings I was going through.

I also did something with Gary Yeomans from rec.music.makers.songwriting

There have been others I am sure, but they fade from my mind now.

The epilepsy is like a hit to my Achilles heel. I want to be a musician
and I have a bleeding vein in the part of my brain that deals with emotional
control.. Talk about Shakespearean plot device from hell.

I think originally I set out to want to be Bryan Adams. Rocking out on stage.

Lately the best I have been able to do is background music.

I have had modest success in providing people with free tracks.
Even had one independent movie that used my track. Also a
short movie that won a award at LA Film Festival:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10741424/awards?ref_=tt_awd

Oh and games have used my music. .

But God. Yes. I wish I could Rock my f##¤#ing heart out on the
front of people. But GOD! I suck playing live.

It is a damn curse to love something, yet be unable to deliver.

Antti

Antti

Feb 10, 2020, 1:56:21 AM2/10/20
Beautiful town. I drove through there once, on our way to the Tybee Island.
Really gorgeous area. I would love to live there. My dad actually was building a house to Florida before he went bankrupt. I would not mind dying in US. But I have no clue how I could make a living there..

Antti

Antti

Feb 10, 2020, 2:02:04 AM2/10/20
On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 2:35:54 PM UTC+2, Heath...@novabbs.i2p wrote:

> For quite a while I hated the south and was angry my mother and father dragged us down here, I was a Buffalo New Yorker.....
>
> But after forty years here I find much of value in the land and the people of the Southlands.....

I think my ex would have fit New York. She was a straight talker! :)

The sad thing about South is that while we were married. I could literally
see the Southern spirit die.

At the same time, one dark night we came by KKK burning a cross on a field and that part of it I did not want any part of. Also visiting a old save plantation to see the papers in which they had written down the values of black boy and his mother. .

I understand why the black people are mad there.

Yet. There is a beauty in South I learned to love. The chimneys left standing because a family lived there once. The graveyards on the yards of people, reminding you of the history. The houses left standing instead of razed like here. The churches EVERYWHERE! The history, so close. Yet far.

Antti

Hector Heathcliff

Feb 10, 2020, 3:15:30 AM2/10/20
Listening to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRlKKXYSCTs

Quite mellow down here by the river, sitting by the campfire with my loved ones....

Antti

Feb 10, 2020, 3:56:01 AM2/10/20
On Monday, February 10, 2020 at 7:13:47 AM UTC+2, Will Dockery wrote:

> I dabble in music, along with the poetry... here are a few of my songs:
>
> https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/songs

My thoughts as a musician who is not as good as you guys.

Do not I have a habit of being very straight, to a level people get offended.

(Could be my brain damage) :)

First I am going to say that I listened to your stuff at some point earlier long ago and I think you have evolved. I think people made fun of you at rec.arts.poems But you are no longer that guy. You guys sound better than you used to.

Black Crow:

A lot of potential.

Beautiful guitar.

Love the chorus.

Waiting to explode.

Drums like thunder. Distorted guitars and soaring voice.

Maybe a lift in the chords? Then coming back.

Twilight girl:

I could see that if this was played in a smoky bar. People would love it.

Very chill.. Love the drums. Your voice works. Really love the drums.

Are these played to a click? Or is the drummer playing to a varying tempo? Great guitar work.

Your voice reminds me of Lou Reed here "A smile, for what"

Nice simple bass and flute.

Chattahoochee Sunset:

Love the guitar being wide on the channels. One playing a little
different. Great work.

Love the guitar parts at 3 minute plus, reminds me of Kashmir a little bit.

Under the Radar you sound very Cohenish.

All of this sounds very folk. Very 60'es.

Love the big drum..

Black and Blue night:

Love the drums. GREAT GUITAR WORK!

Good vocals!

I wish the guitars would have a solo. Sixteenth sweep playing
around with the available scale.

Also, I am almost wishing the guitars were not panned to the side.

Maybe there could have been a different chord circle somewhere there.
Taking it away for a bit. Coming back.

I can see why you guys play bars.

At the same time. To push you guys over the edge. What you would need
is a killer producer. Which is not me. I am not that good. Guys
featured from "Pensados Place" who do sound engineering for rock bands:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

Would magically transform these songs into gems.

Listen to these guys talk about what they do! You will learn a thing
or two, there is first a advertisement, but after that they talk about
what they do. There is a lot of EDM / Hip Hop engineers but then there
are people who produce rock too.. Find those guys and listen.
maybe ask your band members to join in.

Shadowville Speedway:

I smell a story that has a link to reality. I just hear Shadowville
Speedway on first listens. The story is a little lost on me.

It sounds good.

But. Your vocals are buried: too quiet and maybe a bit too
much reverb?

Walking:

Early Bruce Springsteen. (I was a super fan as a kid)
Love the big drum.

Love the female addition.

Edge of town tonight..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LpdEyGhNxM

Listen to the song explode at 0:33

You need that moment. Springsteen was made fun of in the eighties for
always using that same old massive snare. But it is what caught attention
of people, along with his looks of course.

If you had written this in 1976. You probably could have had a shot at a
record deal..

Also. As a shitty singer I am going to tell you something. To push it
over the edge. You would have to do multiple takes on those vocals. Push
them further. You know when you sing and you can see what you are singing about and your voice begins to quiver and you have that Springsteen moment,
when he is smiling, dripping sweat. And people are eating from his hand.
Lighters lit up.

Of course old Springsteen can not do that either (he sounds pretty bad now).

If you struggle with pitch. That can be worked on these days. I use pitch
correction shamelessly sometimes. Everyone does these days. It is just another tool.

Do you have instrumental tracks of these? Do you have capability to redo
tracks?

If you do not, if this is all live. It is damn good stuff for live.

I have a recommendation.

Write a song that fits your voice a little better.

A song where you do not have to struggle to hit the note.

Your voice has probably shifted lower with years.

Listen to Cohen:

Late:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AMMb9CiScI

Early:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o6zMPLcXZ8

He shifted his voice down for a reason. He probably struggled
hitting those higher songs of early songs.

Also. Do not bury your vocals in reverb.

You have misfortune of not being Cohen, so your voice does not evoke
instant recognition. You have to say something, that goes through the
heart. Something. Deeply personal.

You can not try to sound like someone else. You have to find your own voice.

Your band is your unit. You are in a war. You have to write something that
is brilliant. You are old as I am. But you have to find from inside you that
place. That place where you guys are real. That place that even people who do not believe or like in you can not deny. Has some truth.

I smell you guys have been doing this a long time and have maybe reached a plateau of some sort. Your throat is worn, the guitarist has a aching back etc.

But I think you have the capability. You just need to talk to the right
guys who can sprinkle some magic dust on your songs.

And. Catch that damn elusive lightning in a bottle.
I know it is hard when you already have pushed yourself to the edge and
you are getting old.

I do not think booze or drugs will help you with that. You need a clear head,
start working the first thing in the morning.

Things that come to mind.

Do you have a vocal coach?

Do your guitarists have more amps?

Access to a decent studio / home studio?

You guys are chasing a song from 1970'es. Which is ok!

Yet.

Do you have a song inside of you that would resonate in 2020
among all?

What could that song be?

You may not even like people from 2020. Your idols can be in 1960'es - 1970'es.

But how could you use all this talent you have, to talk to people now.

I think you need a gimmick.

You need a hook. A very effing strong hook. A very effing strong song that has
power which can not be denied. I do not even know what genre you should write it in.

To gain attention you need something that starts strong, gets attention, stays strong, does not drop a ball and finishes in a way that leaves people grinning and wanting more.

Top songs right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJcWyGRH8Uw

Sex. Heavy pitch correction. Heavy 808 drums. Hip Hop. Strong
electronic elements.

So probably no.

Reddit Music:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/

What is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6-EfveplnA&feature=youtu.be

Very similar stylistically to what you do. What is that? 11900 upvotes.

(This coming from a man who has never been gaining more than few upvotes
for my vocal songs there.)

What are they doing? First of all it is a song featured on
"Scott Pilgrim vs the world" movie.

What are they doing? Once again that heavy amp guitar is doing its magic.

What else?

A scantily clad female dancing on a microphone. Blue hair here and there.

What do you lack?

A scantily clad young woman?

Heavy guitar amps. More explosion on the drums.

ATTITUDE!

HONESTY!

You have to come to the song like a pilgrim. You can not come to it
like a man who drinks. Feeling good, maybe fooled by himself that it is
"Good Enough."

You have to start a single song project. A single song that takes you
and your band to the top of that plateau you have reached. Then you have to
strap rocket engines on your back and press the button.

I think in a world where the stars align right. You can do it.

But you have to open your mind to the possibilities that are open to you.

I would start by getting a good producer. Ask around in reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeAreTheMusicMakers/

If first one does not work. Find another. If you get negative comments, you know it is par on the course.

My reddit handle is https://www.reddit.com/user/Mrloop/

Antti

Antti

Hector Heathcliff

Feb 10, 2020, 4:17:07 AM2/10/20
Fascinating review...… great to see someone here on the groups who gets what's happening with doc's art.....

Will Dockery

Feb 10, 2020, 4:38:30 PM2/10/20
These capsule reviews are great, thanks so much for the n-depth scrutiny.

I would like to re-post a couple of these with he appropriate links to the song/poems reviewed at a later time.

At the moment, there seems to be no time, as I have to go rushing on my run now, quite a few errands for the family await.

;)

ME

Feb 10, 2020, 4:43:18 PM2/10/20
For your mom?

Hector Heathcliff

Feb 10, 2020, 5:22:37 PM2/10/20
I agree, great critiques.....!

Heath...@novabbs.i2p

Feb 10, 2020, 5:58:23 PM2/10/20
Antti wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 09:57
> Raised On Taters And Corn Bread
>
> I wish I had been a Georgia boy
> a redneck through and through.
> All of this God dang poetry and
> yearning to make shitty music
> struck straight out of my head.
>
> Somewhere in the red green heat baked
> black asphalt of the great
> state of Georgia where Finland it ain´t.
> I wish I had been a Georgia boy
> shooting bottles in the sand.
>
> Going huntin´ on the weekends
> and mud-bogging instead of being a one man band.
> But for my great misfortune God made me so
> brainless like a firefly
> and useless like a tailgate sewn to my hand.
>
> ++

Again, enjoyed...

Hector Heathcliff

Feb 11, 2020, 7:48:25 PM2/11/20
On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 5:30:42 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> You definitely nailed the image this area projects, Antti... and I mistaken or do I remember you had/have a La Grange connection?
>
> I was born there, you probably know/remember. Here I was with my best friends on February 11 1978, in La Grange:
>
> https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/84291682_10158509982554363_2458583539591938048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQm14GEqb1V7W03pb2RpmYY19YllaxIUhUgikmL5px5f7J7sIW-Sy1SGskTi-gmIud0&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=f6291b87e7f9beb70674297d03793521&oe=5ED5342D
>
> L-R: Chris Brown, Jenny Whitley, Kathy Strickland & Will Dockery.

Right on, Doc.....

Hector Heathcliff

Feb 12, 2020, 7:48:52 PM2/12/20
I agree....

Heath...@novabbs.i2p

Feb 26, 2020, 9:22:13 PM2/26/20
Will Dockery wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 10:30

Zod-The...@none.i2p

Mar 29, 2020, 11:07:03 PM3/29/20
Antti wrote on Sat, 08 February 2020 09:57
> Raised On Taters And Corn Bread
>
> I wish I had been a Georgia boy
> a redneck through and through.
> All of this God dang poetry and
> yearning to make shitty music
> struck straight out of my head.
>
> Somewhere in the red green heat baked
> black asphalt of the great
> state of Georgia where Finland it ain´t.
> I wish I had been a Georgia boy
> shooting bottles in the sand.
>
> Going huntin´ on the weekends
> and mud-bogging instead of being a one man band.
> But for my great misfortune God made me so
> brainless like a firefly
> and useless like a tailgate sewn to my hand.
>
> ++

An old favorite from A.L.

Zod-The...@none.i2p

Apr 25, 2020, 2:06:40 AM4/25/20
One of my favorite poems of all time.....

Will Dockery

Feb 16, 2021, 9:54:31 AM2/16/21
On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 4:57:25 AM UTC-5, Antti wrote:

> Raised On Taters And Corn Bread
>
> I wish I had been a Georgia boy
> a redneck through and through.
> All of this God dang poetry and
> yearning to make shitty music
> struck straight out of my head.
>
> Somewhere in the red green heat baked
> black asphalt of the great
> state of Georgia where Finland it ain´t.
> I wish I had been a Georgia boy
> shooting bottles in the sand.
>
> Going huntin´ on the weekends
> and mud-bogging instead of being a one man band.
> But for my great misfortune God made me so
> brainless like a firefly
> and useless like a tailgate sewn to my hand.
>
> ++

Antti, another good poet driven away by the thugs.

Usenet Editor

Feb 16, 2021, 10:53:33 AM2/16/21
No, he wasn't driven away by anyone other than you and George Sulzbach. As usual, when he appeared you two clowns pressured him to take your side and it was obvious he couldn't defend you idiots anymore. You recently tried that bullshit with Ash but he was smart enough to see through it. Like the attention whore you are, you have to mine every vague compliment you can get and bump it to the top, usually in the guise of a flame war and you have the nerve to call other people trolls.

W.Dockery

Feb 16, 2021, 11:40:06 AM2/16/21
Usenet Editor wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 9:54:31 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 4:57:25 AM UTC-5, Antti wrote:
>> >
>> > Raised On Taters And Corn Bread
>> >
>> > I wish I had been a Georgia boy
>> > a redneck through and through.
>> > All of this God dang poetry and
>> > yearning to make shitty music
>> > struck straight out of my head.
>> >
>> > Somewhere in the red green heat baked
>> > black asphalt of the great
>> > state of Georgia where Finland it ain´t.
>> > I wish I had been a Georgia boy
>> > shooting bottles in the sand.
>> >
>> > Going huntin´ on the weekends
>> > and mud-bogging instead of being a one man band.
>> > But for my great misfortune God made me so
>> > brainless like a firefly
>> > and useless like a tailgate sewn to my hand.
>> >
>> > ++
>> Antti, another good poet driven away by the thugs.

> No, he wasn't driven away by anyone

Yes he was, lying troll.

:)

Zod

Feb 16, 2021, 8:51:44 PM2/16/21
On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 4:57:25 AM UTC-5, Antti wrote:
> Raised On Taters And Corn Bread
>
> I wish I had been a Georgia boy
> a redneck through and through.
> All of this God dang poetry and
> yearning to make shitty music
> struck straight out of my head.
>
> Somewhere in the red green heat baked
> black asphalt of the great
> state of Georgia where Finland it ain´t.
> I wish I had been a Georgia boy
> shooting bottles in the sand.
>
> Going huntin´ on the weekends
> and mud-bogging instead of being a one man band.
> But for my great misfortune God made me so
> brainless like a firefly
> and useless like a tailgate sewn to my hand.
>
> ++
Antti, you are missed....

W.Dockery

Feb 17, 2021, 3:30:04 AM2/17/21
Yes, a shame that the trolls and wannabe thugs drove him from the group.