Re: Target Rate Limit Reached??

Message has been deleted

marcy

Jun 22, 2008, 7:39:40 AM6/22/08
On Jun 21, 7:08 pm, Animated GIF Man <abp...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 04:55:21 -0700 (PDT), marcy
>
> > I cannot seem to get AIM to work this morning.
>
> > I keep getting a message saying "target rate limit reached".
>
> > Any idea what's happening, or is it just another temporary AOL glitch
> > that will fix itself?
>
> > Thanks.

> Howdy Marcy ...
>
> I have never updated beyond AIM v4.8
> (last one to work with free DeadAIM).
> I am not seeing the same in AIM 4.8
>
> --
> Bob Hare Jr aka Animated GIF Man

Great hearing from you again, Bob.

I have not upgraded and use the AIM that comes automatically when I go
to webmail at www.aol.com. I have not added any new software, nor
done anything unusual on my PC.

AIM worked sporadically yesterday, but will not work today. The
message I am getting now is:

Timeout for action
aim/startSession

I did some searching online and found that I am not alone with this
problem:

From messageboards.aol.com

CatarinaLore posted on 6/18/08
> When I sign on to www.webmail.aol.com I am always able to check mail and chat on AIM. Now it can not log me in to aim. It
> says "Your connection to the AIM system has been lost. Please try signing in again.
> Timeout for action: aim/startSession"
>
>I can not get on to aim.com because it is blocked at work - is there a reason why its timing out now. I have been accessing AIM >via my mail for a long time. Did something recently change?!?!

SAIZ76 posted on 6/19/08
> me too

mouseybuu1 posted on 6/20/08
> everytime I try to sign in it says "your connection to the system has been lost and i seem to can't go to my friends to chat
> is there anyway you can try to get me in?

marcy

Jun 23, 2008, 7:08:20 AM6/23/08

Re: Error message and unable to load AIM

> Your connection to the AIM system has been lost. Please try signing in again

Apparently this is some kind of AOL glitch as other people are having
the same problem.

Solution - when I get the error message, right click on where the
error message is and where the Buddy List would be. Then go to
REFRESH and click.

It does the trick.

Just wanted to share this with anyone else who has this problem.

Mr Sunshine!

Jul 1, 2008, 5:55:02 PM7/1/08
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 04:55:21 -0700 (PDT), marcy wrote:

> I cannot seem to get AIM to work this morning.
>
> I keep getting a message saying "target rate limit reached".
>
> Any idea what's happening, or is it just another temporary AOL glitch
> that will fix itself?
>
> Thanks.

You damn communist! AOL is infalluable !!!

Mr Sunshine!!

Message has been deleted

VFDCo...@aol.com

Jul 21, 2008, 1:03:26 AM7/21/08
On Jun 22, 7:39 am, marcy <ngtybtn...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 7:08 pm, Animated GIF Man <abp...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 04:55:21 -0700 (PDT), marcy
>
> > > I cannot seem to get AIM to work this morning.
>
> > > I keep getting a message saying "target rate limit reached".
>
> > > Any idea what's happening, or is it just another temporary AOL glitch
> > > that will fix itself?
>
> > > Thanks.
> > Howdy Marcy ...
>
> > I have never updated beyond AIM v4.8
> > (last one to work with free DeadAIM).
> > I am not seeing the same in AIM 4.8
>
> > --
> > Bob Hare Jr aka Animated GIF Man
>
> Great hearing from you again, Bob.
>
> I have not upgraded and use the AIM that comes automatically when I go
> to webmail atwww.aol.com.  I have not added any new software, nor

> done anything unusual on my PC.
>
> AIM worked sporadically yesterday, but will not work today.  The
> message I am getting now is:
>
> Timeout for action
> aim/startSession
>
> I did some searching online and found that I am not alone with this
> problem:
>
> From messageboards.aol.com
>
> CatarinaLore posted on 6/18/08
>
> > When I sign on towww.webmail.aol.comI am always able to check mail and chat on AIM.  Now it can not log me in to aim.  It

> > says  "Your connection to the AIM system has been lost. Please try signing in again.
> > Timeout for action: aim/startSession"
>
> >I can not get on to aim.com because it is blocked at work - is there a reason why its timing out now.  I have been accessing AIM >via my mail for a long time.  Did something recently change?!?!
>
> SAIZ76 posted on 6/19/08
>
> > me too
>
> mouseybuu1 posted on 6/20/08
>

> > everytime I try to sign in it says "your connection to the system has been lost and i seem to can't go to my friends to chat
> > is there anyway you can try to get me in?- Hide quoted text -

If you right click twice in the message seems to work it reloads and
teh buddy list will appear again