UFOs And Other Things.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jun 30, 1993, 9:37:10 AM6/30/93
Dear People Of On Earth and Under The Earth.
I will now attempt to put down some postings that were entered by
another person during my absence from the Net. They will appear
in fast sequence until I catch up so bear with me please.
John Winston.

ava...@csc.canterbury.ac.nz

Jun 30, 1993, 5:24:08 PM6/30/93

Welcome back! It has been extremely boring without you.

Ta Tar
Ian.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 1, 1993, 9:18:06 AM7/1/93
Dear People: It's good to be greeted with a positive response. I'll
see if I can liven up things up around here. I'm still having a problem
problem posting from my floppy D. Jeff P. will probubly come through
with a reposting of some of the material I've put on a different times.
Onward and upwards.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 1, 1993, 8:08:27 PM7/1/93
Dear Earthlings: During the last few months I have been investigating
the story as to whether or not there is a Spacecraft that has been on
Lake Mead near Las Vegas. This craft is called Victor 1 and is 1,000
feet across and 90 feet tall. It has been cloaked on the lake for
the last 11 years. It has also been said that a space lady conducts
classes on different subject 5 days a week. Some of my friends know about
this and want to go to the classes aboard the craft. I have written
Dr. Frank Stranges to see if he can tell me how a person can qualify
to take the classes. I'll keep you informed.
John Winston.

dave budd

Jul 2, 1993, 5:09:49 AM7/2/93
In article <84...@cup.portal.com> John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

Woah! I know that name! Kill file time!

--
Wanted: cheap poker game, or players to start one, reasonably near Stockport
D.B...@mcc.ac.uk (via JANET: D.B...@uk.ac.mcc)

matthew green

Jul 2, 1993, 6:39:03 AM7/2/93
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

yay. john_-_ is back. life is complete again.

phone

(going back to being lame)

A.J. Janschewitz

Jul 2, 1993, 10:04:25 AM7/2/93
Hey, Kibo!

Oh, boy! John_-_Winston is back!! Can we have the apocalypse now?? Can
we, huh?? Please??

==a.j.==

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 2, 1993, 8:31:40 PM7/2/93
Dear Folks: I just got the letter back from Frank Stranges telling how
a person can qualify to go aboard the spaceship that is on Lake Mead
and attend the classes. I try to post it soon.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 3, 1993, 12:31:51 AM7/3/93
Friends Romans and Flamers: Here is the letter from Frank Stranges
telling how a person can go onboard the spaceship that is on Lake Mead
to listen to the classes they are giving....National Investigations
Committee on Unidentified Flying Objects, 14617 Victory Blvd. Suite 4
Van Nuys, CA. 91411, Phone or Fax (818) 989-5942.
Dear Friend John:
Warm Greetings from Van Nuys.
It is good to hear from you again and to learn of your expanded
activities.
I am very happy that you have enjoyed the recent edition (revised)
of STRANGER AT THE PENTAGON.
Yes, you do have my express permission to talk about and otherwise help
get the word out regarding this amazing experience.
I am still in constant communication with Commander Val and his crew.
Anything/everything that you can do to help us get this word out to the
entire world will be deeply appreciated by Him as well as by myself.
Also, please understand that just anyone, cannot hope to be transported
aboard VICTOR ONE because they have a desire to do so. There is a serious
time of preparation. I would advise those who have such asperations to
read the book first, then the book that He wrote called OUTWITTING
TOMORROW, and then learn much, much more by subscribing to our monthly news
letter in which the Commander write and give instruction and higher
teachings called THE INTERSPACE-LINK CONFIDENTIAL NEWSLETTER.
I have taken the liberty of enclosing several forms for your examination.
Many thanks again for your good letter and GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR LOVED
ONES AND ASSOCIATES.
Sincerely, Your Friend,
Dr. Frank E. Stranges.

So that is it, in total.
John Winston

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 3, 1993, 10:03:15 AM7/3/93
Dear Everybody: Lord willin and if the creek don't rise, I will be on
Mt. Shasta for the next 4 days at the second anual Winston Get Together,
with all of my sons and all their wifes and girlfriends plus some more
of my friends. If it were not against the rules I would like to
say hi to the following people; J. of the College Called Penn, Don S.,
Robert S., Paul M. Blondie, Her friend from India, Jeff P. but then I
had better not because you know we must go by the rules.
John Winston.

cvgt...@vmsb.is.csupomona.edu

Jul 3, 1993, 3:55:25 PM7/3/93
> Dear Everybody: Lord willin and if the creek don't rise, I will be on
> Mt. Shasta for the next 4 days at the second anual Winston Get Together,

Kinda makes me glad that I'm livin' down here goin' to college, rather
than back up in the northstate visiting my folx, if you know what I mean?

> John Winston.

(Smirking heavily) Grimm

---
P.K.I. - Hydraulics - Cal Poly Rose Float, Pomona
Email: cvgt...@vmsa.is.csupomona.edu

prince of tildes

Jul 5, 1993, 4:17:36 PM7/5/93
>Also, please understand that just anyone, cannot hope to be transported
>aboard VICTOR ONE because they have a desire to do so. There is a serious
>time of preparation. I would advise those who have such asperations to
>read the book first, then the book that He wrote called OUTWITTING
>TOMORROW, and then learn much, much more by subscribing to our monthly news
>letter in which the Commander write and give instruction and higher
>teachings called THE INTERSPACE-LINK CONFIDENTIAL NEWSLETTER.
>I have taken the liberty of enclosing several forms for your examination.

so *post* the *forms* already!

-mykle-

--
i am undulating with the desire to better myself.

MICHELE M STEVENS

Jul 6, 1993, 10:50:26 PM7/6/93
>Friends Romans and Flamers: Here is the letter from Frank Stranges
>telling how a person can go onboard the spaceship that is on Lake Mead
>to listen to the classes they are giving....National Investigations
>Committee on Unidentified Flying Objects, 14617 Victory Blvd. Suite 4
>Van Nuys, CA. 91411, Phone or Fax (818) 989-5942.
>Dear Friend John:
>Warm Greetings from Van Nuys.
>It is good to hear from you again and to learn of your expanded
>activities.
>I am very happy that you have enjoyed the recent edition (revised)
>of STRANGER AT THE PENTAGON.
>Yes, you do have my express permission to talk about and otherwise help
>get the word out regarding this amazing experience.
>I am still in constant communication with Commander Val and his crew.
>Anything/everything that you can do to help us get this word out to the
>entire world will be deeply appreciated by Him as well as by myself.
>Also, please understand that just anyone, cannot hope to be transported
>aboard VICTOR ONE because they have a desire to do so. There is a serious
>time of preparation. I would advise those who have such asperations to
>read the book first, then the book that He wrote called OUTWITTING

>TOMORROW, and then learn much, much more by subscribing to our monthly news

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>letter in which the Commander write and give instruction and higher

^^^^^^

Somehow, I KNEW one would be required to spend some amount of money....

>teachings called THE INTERSPACE-LINK CONFIDENTIAL NEWSLETTER.
>I have taken the liberty of enclosing several forms for your examination.
>Many thanks again for your good letter and GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR LOVED

>ONES AND >Sincerely, Your Friend,

>Dr. Frank E. Stranges.
>
>So that is it, in total.
>John Winston

Hmm...so what were these "forms"? Ordering information for the above-
mentioned things one must purchase first? It seems to me if this "Valient
Thor" were so desiring that people learn about what he/she/it has to say,
that he/she/it would hold a great number of free conferences, or some
kind of low-cost conferences whereby anyone could come and listen. Then
again, this has me wondering why "just anyone, cannot hope ...." etc.
In other words, why discriminate against people? Is not knowledge for
those who would seek it and who desire it? Eliminating a great majority
of the populace of Earth in favor of a select few to be allowed to seek
this knowledge does not sound like the kind of thing an 'enlightened'
and 'intelligent' being or race of beings would do. I could understand
some information not being allowed out if it were dangerous to Earth,
but then again I highly doubt that we would be allowed to obtain such
information anyway, given our rather long history of condemnations,
persecutions, wars, and other genocidal tendencies...
This has me more than a bit suspicious. I'm a fairly open-minded and
pretty well educated person, and to me this sounds like some sham. Maybe
I'm wrong, but anyone who says I have to buy this, that and the other thing
of theirs before I can do something else(like learn what this "Valient
Thor" has to say that is so important to this world) appears to be less
than believable to me. If I had some important world knowledge(like a cure
for diseases like cancer, AIDS, muscular dystrophy, etc), no amount of
pressure or money would keep me quiet about it, and nothing short of death
would stop me from speaking about it. And even then were someone to try
to silence me with death I'd have already arranged for others to disseminate
the information. :)
If I'm wrong, well, I'd admit it and not be embarassed, but I still think
this sounds like a sham IMHO. I'd like to see what these 'forms' are too,
so please, do post them. And if Dr. Stranges (or even "Valient Thor") cares
to reply to me and explain what all of this is about, my mailbox is waiting
for a letter. :)
Michele

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 7, 1993, 12:33:09 AM7/7/93
All People That On Earth Do Dwell: I just read the posting by Titan and
he or she had better be careful about putting down the truth. People
here (some of them at least) don't go for that old stuff. I just got
back from Mt. Shasta. A couple of friends and I found three ice caves
about 13 miles from Mt. Shasta. One was actually a volcanic vent. We
went down into it with ropes and then walked in it for about one-quarter
mile. We finally turned back and it was still going towards Mt. Shasta.
We also got an A frame house nearly completed and made a shower. Come on
up and see me sometime.
John Winston.
try_again

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 7, 1993, 1:26:15 AM7/7/93
Dear Truth Seekers: As most of you probably already know there is a person
going around the world now from the inside of Mt. Shasta. She is from the
underground city called Telos. Here is some information regarding that;...
..... SECRETS OF THE SUBTERRANEAN CITIES.
If your're reading this chances are you haven't attended a meeting of the
Flat Earth Society lately. Since you know the Earth is round, consider the
possibility that there is something inside of it, Not a sea of moulten
lava, but a network of polite subterraneans who have been waiting for the
surface folk to get a clue. Back in issue #4 we introduced you to wonder of
a world within a world. Following in the footsteps of Plato, Homer and
Jules Verne.. all believers in subterranean culture, we gave an overview
of the social structure of the "Agartha Network". We told of Admiral Byrd's
wing camera documentaion of "holes at the poles," and the U.S. government's
elaborate expeditions and attempts to make contact. Back by popular
demand, we are pleased to bring you a further unveiling of life in the
subterranean cities.
Recently, America watched Stephen Seilberg's TV pilot, a remake of Verne's
Journery to the Center of the Earth." A maverick team of scientists
aboard their melt-proof ship, enter the inner Earth through a bubbling
volcano. When things cool off, they find themselves exploring a vast and
sunny inner landscape.. a magical and inviting world with ample room to
fly.
End Part 1.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 7, 1993, 9:44:10 AM7/7/93
Dear Folk: Here Is Part 2. Of The Lasen Information.
Their adventure resembles the real life account of a Norwegian sailor
named Olaf Jansen. His story, set in the 1880's, is told in Willis
Emerson's biography entitled "The Smoky God." Olaf's little sloop drifted
so far north by storm, that he actualy sailed into a polar entrance, and
lived for two years with one of the colonies of the Agartha Network, called
"Shamballa the Lesser". He describes his hosts as those "of the central seat
of government for the inner continent.. measuring a full 12 feet in height
.. extending courtesies and showing kindness.. laughing heartily when they
had to improvise chairs for my father and I to sit in" Olaf tells of a
"smoky" inner sun, a world comprised of three fourths land and one fourth
water.
End Part 2.
John Winston

Matt Welsh

Jul 7, 1993, 12:12:59 PM7/7/93
>A couple of friends and I found three ice caves
>about 13 miles from Mt. Shasta. One was actually a volcanic vent. We
>went down into it with ropes and then walked in it for about one-quarter
>mile. We finally turned back and it was still going towards Mt. Shasta.

If you had kept going, you would have ended up in CHINA.

>We also got an A frame house nearly completed and made a shower. Come on
>up and see me sometime.

This is a forgery, right?

mdw

Matt Welsh, m...@tc.cornell.edu, wel...@dg-rtp.dg.com
Radioactive decay ain't what it used to be.

Jeff

Jul 7, 1993, 5:35:27 PM7/7/93
In article <21ddli$9...@titan.ucs.umass.edu> cyn...@titan.ucs.umass.edu (MICHELE M STEVENS) writes:

> This has me more than a bit suspicious. I'm a fairly open-minded and
>pretty well educated person, and to me this sounds like some sham. Maybe
>I'm wrong, but anyone who says I have to buy this, that and the other thing
>of theirs before I can do something else(like learn what this "Valient
>Thor" has to say that is so important to this world) appears to be less
>than believable to me. If I had some important world knowledge(like a cure
>for diseases like cancer, AIDS, muscular dystrophy, etc), no amount of
>pressure or money would keep me quiet about it, and nothing short of death
>would stop me from speaking about it. And even then were someone to try
>to silence me with death I'd have already arranged for others to disseminate
>the information. :)
> If I'm wrong, well, I'd admit it and not be embarassed, but I still think
>this sounds like a sham IMHO. I'd like to see what these 'forms' are too,
>so please, do post them. And if Dr. Stranges (or even "Valient Thor") cares
>to reply to me and explain what all of this is about, my mailbox is waiting
>for a letter. :)
> Michele

I can understand how you feel, but the last time I checked, the main
pervayors or knowledge and information in our society did charge for
thier services (universities). So I don't think you can disqualify
a source of wisdom, just because they find it necessary to charge
for services they render...

Knowledge comes to those whom seek it.

Jeff Papineau

cruel and unusual

Jul 7, 1993, 8:13:33 PM7/7/93
>Dear Truth Seekers: As most of you probably already know there is a person
>going around the world now from the inside of Mt. Shasta. She is from the
>underground city called Telos. Here is some information regarding that;...
>..... SECRETS OF THE SUBTERRANEAN CITIES.

hey, these aren't the same subterranean cities that
Richard S. Shaver used to write about in Amazing
Stories back in the 40's, are they? the ones where
the residents aim dream rays at people while they
sleep and they have visions of the subterranean
world? the stories were published as fiction, but
Shaver claimed they were true, and people used to
write in to the magazine and claim they had visited
these cities and brought back souvenirs.

Shaver was my dad's roommate for a time. my dad
says he used to speak in tongues in his sleep, and
that "he was either the genuine article, or a genuine
lunatic." my dad didn't care to find out which.

hey, an ex-roommate of my dad is just as good as your
crummy old FOAF any day.

a large viper must be swallowed with extreme caution. mo...@char.vnet.net

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 7, 1993, 8:49:46 PM7/7/93

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 7, 1993, 9:46:07 PM7/7/93
Dear Deep Thinkers: I believe you will find that volcanic vents go down
into the ground for about 30 feet and then they travel horizontally in
the direction of the original volcano. I will be doing some experimentation
in posting from a disk so please stand by.
John Winston.

Barry Shein

Jul 8, 1993, 12:56:18 AM7/8/93

A president of Boston University in the 1930's wrote a book about how
the earth was hollow and there were beings who lived inside, he
apparently was a believer. I forget his name (tho I could look it up,
Warren something, and I did look up his book in a library card
catalogue and it indeed existed.)

--
-Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die | b...@world.std.com | uunet!world!bzs
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 617-739-0202 | Login: 617-739-WRLD

Andrew Bulhak

Jul 8, 1993, 12:03:18 AM7/8/93
John_-_...@cup.portal.com wrote:
: Dear Folk: Here Is Part 2. Of The Lasen Information.

: Their adventure resembles the real life account of a Norwegian sailor
: named Olaf Jansen. His story, set in the 1880's, is told in Willis
^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey, wasn't he the sailor in Lovecraft's "Call of Cthulhu"?

: John Winston

+--------<Help overthrow Dick Depew's self-appointed government...>---------+
| Andrew Bulhak | This article may not be canceled, |
| a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au | retroactively moderated or tampered with in |
| Monash Uni, Clayton, | any way, except by the original poster and |
| Victoria, Australia | the administrator of his/her machine. |
+---------------<Copy the above disclaimer into your .sig!>-----------------+

Charles Lasner

Jul 8, 1993, 1:24:20 AM7/8/93

>about 13 miles from Mt. Shasta. One was actually a volcanic vent. We

^^^^^^

Do they still make Shasta sodas?

cj "Will drink liquids with food" l

Andrew Bulhak

Jul 8, 1993, 4:07:19 AM7/8/93
Barry Shein (b...@world.std.com) wrote:
:
: A president of Boston University in the 1930's wrote a book about how

: the earth was hollow and there were beings who lived inside, he
: apparently was a believer. I forget his name (tho I could look it up,
: Warren something, and I did look up his book in a library card
: catalogue and it indeed existed.)

Apparently Aleister Crowley once said (after going to the North Pole) that
the Earth was hollow and the inside was populated with green-skinned women.
Well, in a Robert Anton Wilson novel anyway.....

: -Barry Shein

:
: Software Tool & Die | b...@world.std.com | uunet!world!bzs
: Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 617-739-0202 | Login: 617-739-WRLD

| Andrew Bulhak | |
| a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au | "The raytracer of justices recurses slowly, |
| Monash Uni, Clayton, | but it renders exceedingly fine." |
| Victoria, Australia | -- Larry Phillips |

Chris Herborth

Jul 7, 1993, 11:10:40 PM7/7/93
In <zlsiid...@fs1.mcc.ac.uk>, dave budd writes:
> In article <84...@cup.portal.com> John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>
> Woah! I know that name! Kill file time!

John_-_Winston is the ARMM of alt.alien.visitors... you can't KILL him!

I just wanna know what the tuition is like on this space ship...

--
-------------------========================================-------------------
cher...@semprini.tdkcs.waterloo.on.ca

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 8, 1993, 9:32:37 AM7/8/93
Dear Earth People: My thanks to Jeff for helping me with the postings.
I know some people will probably not like for him to help me but maybe
he is a big enough person to take the heat.
John Winston.

Neil Townsend

Jul 8, 1993, 12:40:33 PM7/8/93
In alt.alien.visitors,alt.religion.kibology,alt.folklore.urban John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

[Absolutely nothing]

Zero lines on the subject UFO information. Well, fancy that, no proof
for the existence of ufos today.

Neil `It was a bit like a blurred picture of a lens cap, actually'
--
Neil Townsend | ne...@uk.ac.ox.robots | 'nuff said

John Switzer

Jul 8, 1993, 2:10:59 PM7/8/93
In article <1993Jul8.1...@ulysses.robots.ox.ac.uk> ne...@robots.ox.ac.uk (Neil Townsend) writes:
>In alt.alien.visitors,alt.religion.kibology,alt.folklore.urban John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>
>[Absolutely nothing]
>
>Zero lines on the subject UFO information. Well, fancy that, no proof
>for the existence of ufos today.
>
>Neil `It was a bit like a blurred picture of a lens cap, actually'

Actually that message is proof both of the existence of UFOs and that
aliens are on the net. You see, John Winston probably was providing
proof of this, and the aliens on the net censored the message. You see
how clever they are - they could have just deleted it, but that would
have gotten John thinking. By wasting just the message portion John
would think that the normal net goblins got it and not bother to
resend it.

This is also why you can't get a good photo of UFOs - the blurred photos
are the result of high-intensity radiation emitted by the UFOs precisely
so they can't be photographed. Thus, if you ever see a clear picture
of UFOs, then you know it's been faked.

John "I can rationalize anything - try me" Switzer
--
John Switzer | "I have come to the conclusion that one
| useless man is called a disgrace, two
CompuServe: 74076,1250 | are called a law firm, and three or more
Internet: j...@netcom.com | are a Congress!" - John Adams, c. 1776

Ad absurdum per aspera

Jul 8, 1993, 3:04:30 PM7/8/93
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>Dear Earth People: {deletia}

What makes you think there are any earth people here on
alt.folklore.urban?

Please take this UFO-people-are-living-under-Mt.-Lassen
stuff back to sci.research where it belongs.

Joe "NOT!" Chew

Bruce Ediger

Jul 8, 1993, 6:19:37 PM7/8/93
In article <jrsC9u...@netcom.com> j...@netcom.com (John Switzer) writes:
> John "I can rationalize anything - try me" Switzer

Well, John_-_Switzer, try to rationalize John_-_Winston as a composite
net.personality: that is, he doesn't exist as a single human in real life,
Kibop's GIFs notwithstanding. He's actually 3 or more human units, who
combine to perpetrate a hoax. The reason? It's a bizarre psychological
experiment, same as Alexander Abian, Andrew Bulhakoid and Robert E. McElwaine.

Soon, we will all have names that cause the net to resonate! We won't be
able to tell the Xists from the compound human/AI net.entities spouting
insane gibberish from every conceivable orifice! Microwave Roach-steaks
for $5.99 a pound!

Come to think of it, that's pretty much the situation today.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 8, 1993, 8:35:17 PM7/8/93
Dear Question Askers: It regards to whether Shasta Soda is still sold
in stores, it is on sale at the local Long's Drug Store, and they say
I never talk about anything important. Richard Shaver did write fiction
and he did state that some of his writings were for real. I did write him
some while he was still alive. He did talk about the good and bad people
who are underground. I don't think they charge any tuition to go to the
classes aboard the Victor 1 spacecraft but I could be wrong. So long for
now.
John Winston.

bill nelson

Jul 8, 1993, 10:30:40 PM7/8/93
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
: Dear Question Askers: It regards to whether Shasta Soda is still sold

I nominate this person for the "Braindead of the Month" award.

Bill

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 8, 1993, 10:14:52 PM7/8/93
Dear Folks: Here we go with part 3;...THE AGARTHA NETWORK
Think of Shamballa the Lessor as the United Nations of over 100 subterranean
cities that form the Agartha Network. It is indeed the seat of government
for the inner world. While Shamballa the Lessor is an inner continent, its
satellite colonies are smaller enclosed ecosystems located just beneath the
Earth's crust or discreetly within mountains. All cities in the Agartha
Network are physical, and are of the light, meaning that they are benevolent
spritually based societies who follow te christic teachings of the Order
of Melchizedek. Quite simply, they continue in the tradition of the great
mystery schools of the surface, honoring such beings as Jesus/Sananda,
Buddha, Isis and Osiris..all of the Ascended Masters that we of the surface
know and love, in addition to spiritual teachers of their own longstanding
heritage.
Why did they choose to live underground? Consider the magnitude of the
geological Earth changes that have swept the surface over the past 100,000
years. Consider the lengthly Atlantean Lemurian war, and the power of
thermo-neclear weaponry that eventually sank and destroyed these two
highly advanced civilizations. The Sahara, the Gobi, the Australian Outback,
and the deserts of the U.S., are but a few examples of the devestation that
resulted. The sub-cities were created as refuges for the people, and as
safe havens for sacred records, teachings and technologies that were
cherished by these ancient cultures.
End Part 3.
John Winston.

Droo the Ponderer

Jul 8, 1993, 11:26:34 PM7/8/93
In article <85...@cup.portal.com> John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

[lots and lots deleted]

>years. Consider the lengthly Atlantean Lemurian war, and the power of

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A-*ha*!! Joel, y'all have some 'splainin' to do...

--
Andrew Hackard, BA '93 (and about damn time) I mindlessly parrot UT policy.
Printer Grunt Extraordinaire

"He smiled and said, 'Reality is only just a word.'" -- Harry Chapin

James Kibo Parry

Jul 9, 1993, 12:24:25 AM7/9/93
In article <C9vA0...@csn.org> bed...@teal.csn.org (Bruce Ediger) writes:
> It's a bizarre psychological
> experiment, same as Alexander Abian, Andrew Bulhakoid and Robert E. McElwaine.

Speaking of McElwaine--at the Porter Sq. subway station here there is a
set of bookshelves where commuters are supposed to exchange reading
material with other random people. Today there were a bunch of
cassettes; most were sermons from the seventies or other Christian
topics, but one was labelled "BIOLOGICAL ALCHEMY".

I haven't played it yet; I hope it's the author of McElwaine's favorite
book reading said book aloud. Or Kevran explaining his new atomic
arithmetic, which is almost as silly as Abian's new physics.

Also got one labelled "ASIMOV".
-- K.

Joel Furr

Jul 9, 1993, 12:44:11 AM7/9/93
In article <21ioha$i...@dopey.cc.utexas.edu> an...@dopey.cc.utexas.edu (Droo the Ponderer) writes:
>In article <85...@cup.portal.com> John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>
>[lots and lots deleted]
>
>>years. Consider the lengthly Atlantean Lemurian war, and the power of
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>A-*ha*!! Joel, y'all have some 'splainin' to do...

Lengthy? It was only lengthy when the Atlanteans refused to accept the
defeat they'd been handed by crack squads of Coquerel's Sifakas.

Joel Furr

Jul 9, 1993, 12:48:44 AM7/9/93

Look, alt.folklore.urban-ites, John_-_Winston is not saying all these
things because he's some crank who really believes all that -- he's a
jokester who loves kidding around. Why else do you think he does the
"Dear Folks" stuff? Doesn't this remind you of someone? BGJW, perhaps?

Don't be so hard on him. You just haven't learned to appreciate him yet.

James Kibo Parry

Jul 9, 1993, 2:13:37 AM7/9/93
In article <C9vs1...@polaris.async.vt.edu> jf...@polaris.async.vt.edu (Joel Furr) writes:

> Look, alt.folklore.urban-ites, John_-_Winston is not saying all these
> things because he's some crank who really believes all that -- he's a
> jokester who loves kidding around.

It won't do any good, Joel. You see, Mr. _-_Winston has POWER OVER WEAK
MINDS! You, on the other hand, only have power over intelligent people,
because you do not have the telepathic brain lobe that he does.

Personally, I've seen J_-_W on videotape, and I can vouch that he SMILES
when he talk about the really bizarre stuff, making it very obvious that
he knows it's silly.

Do the people who think John_-_ is serious also think the editors of the
Weekly World News believe all the stories they print?

J_-_W's humor is just too sophisticated for the people in
alt.folklore.urban; I think he needs to either use huge ASCII smileys
or else move to alt.postmodern, the most pretentious group on the net.
(There, he would be compared to Derrida and Joyce...)

-- K.

Norman Hechavarria

Jul 9, 1993, 4:33:28 AM7/9/93

Why do you say it belongs there?

--
INTERNET: mag...@netlink.cts.com (Norman Hechavarria)
UUCP: ...!ryptyde!netlink!magnus

prince of tildes

Jul 9, 1993, 5:56:31 AM7/9/93
>Dear Folks: Here we go with part 3;...THE AGARTHA NETWORK
>Consider the lengthly Atlantean Lemurian war, and the power of
>thermo-neclear weaponry that eventually sank and destroyed these two
>highly advanced civilizations.

ah yes, those were the days. i still have my commemorative coin set.

so, are agatheans who live above ground *branch-agatheans*?

-mykle-
--
i am gyrating with the desire to better myself.

Dave Harris

Jul 8, 1993, 5:27:00 AM7/8/93
John,
Do you have any more information on this subject. I have been looking for a
long time but I have not been able to find anything that is usefull. You can
mail me a list of files you have? If so Please send it to Me at the folowing
internet address <st...@hudlink.hoboken.nj.us> its a uupc site. But is faster
that going threw Fido like this Msg did.

Thanxs and be well

Dave Harris 1:107/816.54
Internet Strat <st...@hudlink.hoboken.nj.us>

--
Dave Harris - via ParaNet node 1:104/422
UUCP: !scicom!paranet!User_Name

D.M.Procida

Jul 9, 1993, 10:41:59 AM7/9/93

>here (some of them at least) don't go for that old stuff. I just got
>back from Mt. Shasta. A couple of friends and I found three ice caves

>about 13 miles from Mt. Shasta. One was actually a volcanic vent. We

>mile. We finally turned back and it was still going towards Mt. Shasta.

Jonathan Richman (my most favourite of all people) has a song called
'The UFO Man':

'The UFO Man is flying around, over my town, etc etc'

which at one point mentions Mt. Shasta. Apparently,

'The UFO man hit a cactus, he was flying upside-down for practice'

and goes to Mt. Shasta to get his saucer fixed.

So, what's with Mt. Shasta (to use a revolting Americanism)?

Daniele "'Bom'nable Snowman in the Market"
--
Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy
An' I feel like a-lovin' you

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 9, 1993, 9:38:08 AM7/9/93
I must say old bean, things are picking up somewhat. We are bringing
in the big guns like T. Knight and never fear Kibo is here. Maybe Jeff
can come through with some rerun postings of mine because you know it is
that time (summer). The other morning I went in to kiss my wife goodbye
prior to going to work and Yogi (my telepathic dog) got between me and my
wife and proceeded to growl and threaten to bite me. I pushed him aside
and kiss my wife anyway. Yogi then started to crying and taking on like
his heart was broken. It may be just my imagination but it appeared that
telepathically he was saying, "Oh what did you have to do that for, you
ruined my entire day."
John Winston.

Sean Barrett

Jul 9, 1993, 11:05:47 AM7/9/93

[lots and lots deleted]

>years. Consider the lengthly Atlantean Lemurian war, and the power of

What do lemurs have against Atlanta?
--
Sean Barrett ``While you are still sane I shall
se...@pugsley.jpl.nasa.gov (fast) take your total knowledge.''

Andrew Bulhak

Jul 9, 1993, 11:16:54 AM7/9/93
John_-_...@cup.portal.com wrote:
: the direction of the original volcano. I will be doing some experimentation

: in posting from a disk so please stand by.

You're posting from a UFO?

-- Andrew_-_Bulhak

: John Winston.

Robert Pohl

Jul 9, 1993, 12:34:13 PM7/9/93
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

[mindless drivel deleted]

Plainitive mode on: How do you make a killfile in rn? Anyone?

Robert Pohl
Global Village Idiot

Jared Dahl

Jul 9, 1993, 12:11:25 PM7/9/93
In article <21k1gb$7...@elroy.jpl.nasa.gov>, se...@gomez.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Sean Barrett) writes:
|> In article <85...@cup.portal.com> John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
|>
|> [lots and lots deleted]
|>
|> >years. Consider the lengthly Atlantean Lemurian war, and the power of
|>
|> What do lemurs have against Atlanta?

They were excluded (some say unfairly) from the
1996 Olympic Games.

Jared Dahl
Opinions are mine, not my employers
Don't send mail - I won't get it.

A.J. Janschewitz

Jul 8, 1993, 1:55:50 PM7/8/93
>DATE: Wed, 7 Jul 93 18:46:07 PDT
>FROM: John_-_...@cup.portal.com

>I will be doing some experimentation
>in posting from a disk so please stand by.

No hard drives in the machines on the ward, eh?

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 9, 1993, 8:43:53 PM7/9/93
Subject: Project Blue
One of the people who it has been my pleasure to meet
personally is Harley A. Byrd a person who knows a lot
about Valient Thor (a space man living here on Earth). Here
are some of his statements in regard to Val;.......During
the winter of 1956-57, the Washington, D.C. area was
extremely cold, but it was a good feeling to be working in
a high security position in the Pentagon. I lived only a
short distance away in Georgetown, the old section of the
Nation's Capital. Senator J.F. Kenedy lived on "O" Street
just a block away from our house on Prospect.
During a successful tour with the U.S. Naval Ceremonial
Honor Guard, we had met with astronauts Glen, Cooper,
Waly Sherrar, who were the first wave of successful space
travelers. Also we had visited the Tomb of the Unkown
Soldier numerous times. It seemed like every time a visiting
dignitary came to Washington, they lay a wreath at the tomb.
We had met the Queen of England several times at the airport,
as these were some of the duties I performed as a young
officier in the Navy. After carrying the 2-Star flag at the
funeral of my late uncle, Rear Admiral Richard E. Byrd, I
was recommended for a security clearance and was granted a
Top Secret Clearance after a lengthy six-month background
study (B1 complete 1957). After being transferred to the
Chief of Naval Information (CHINFO), I worked in the
Security Clearnce section before being indoctrinated into
the branch office of the Air Force called PROJECT BLUE BOOK.
It was a joint service office; that is, two Marines, two
Army, two Navy and three Air Force officiers.
The work was routine, opening incoming mail, sorting
out what was called actual sightings as opposed to many
fake UFO photos. We also acted as a Public Information
Office (PIO), much like a public relations office. Every
publisher's dream was to get the real low down on the UFO s
ituation, which was suppressed by the group that dictated
national policy on the UFO matter.

In mid March, 1957, we received an urgent message from
the Alexandria Police Department. The message indicated
that two of their on-duty police officers ahd picked up
an alien who had landed some 14 miles south of Pentagon
Boulevard, and the occupant was transported to the Pentagon
to meet with the Under Secretary of Defense and then
shuttled underground to meet with President Eisenhower
and Vice President Richard Nixon. The meeting lasted
for nearly an hour and then, the alien visitor was put on
VIP status and was shuttled back to the Pentagon where
he spent the night in the Army reception office on the
first floor near the concourse. This alien's name was
Valiant Thor.

Commander James was on duty at the Security Clearance
and Review for the branch officer of the Project Blue Book.
He oversaw the meeting through official channels and
reported the landing and meeting of the "space emmissary",
as he was labeled by the Department of Defense, to a
governing group of high military officials including
Secretary of Defence F.F. Forestall and other scientific
men of which there were twelve. They in turn made
recommendations to the President and Cabinet members, the
CIA, FBI, NSA, and so on. The landing of Valieant Thor
was perhaps the first documented landing of a human-type
alien by millitary officials. He contacted an individual
in the Pentagon who was an advocate of the UFO alien
situation. "Nancy Warren" in turn contacted a minister, who
was also a private investigator and theologian, a Dr. Frank
E. Stranges, who then met with this individual. Dr.
Stranges had been a guest speaker at the National
Evangelistic Center for two weeks.

Val Thor landed in Alexandria and met with the President
to discuss the world's problems and offer advice and counsel
on how to deal with and eliminate them. He indicated to Mr.
Eisenhower that the world was in a precarious situation and
that if the world continued to proceed on a war footing - it
would cause an economic imbalance throughout the world. Val
Thor stayed on Earth until March 16, 1960, and then
disembarked to his home planet Venus. He indiated that his
race of people lived and dwelled underground and that many
of the planets throughout the universe sustain life in this
same manner. He also mentioned the waves of aliens who
would land around the world to help with the Earth's
seemingly unsurmountable problems. He stated that a group
from a distant planetary system would be coming to give aid
and data to help the Earth's progress. Val Thor spoke of
Christ's presence in the universe and that it was
heartwarming to see Christ's advanced teaching continuing.
This visitation at the Pentagon marks perhaps a new era in
knowledge, wisdon and understanding on our planet.
Harley Andrew Byrd
Nephew to the late
Rear Admiral Richard E. Byrd,
United States Navy

JW It would be interesting to hear what ex-president
Richard Nixon would have to say about all of this information
today.

Source of Information: Stranger At The Pentagon, 4th edition.
by Frank E. Stranges, PHD.
Part 1. Posting Number 2.
John Winston

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 9, 1993, 8:56:58 PM7/9/93
Subject: When Did Some Space People FIRST Visit Earth?

When Frank Stranges talked to Val Thor he found out the people from
Venus came and visited Earth many thousands of years ago. Val explained
it like this;...........................................................
....The story began centuries ago with the first reconnais-
sance exploration voyage which confirmed that there indeed
was life on this third planet from the Sun..
There had been occasions which presented a dilemma
to both the "observed" as well as the "observer". These
included several pilots being "beamed" into the ship in
order to save their lives. This was a far cry from the first
incidents of men throwing rocks in an attempt to repel the
ship. It was during 1945 that the Earth was surrounded
by 100 ships in order to protect the fragil atmosphere
which surrounds it. A chain atomic reaction could eas-
ily have resulted because of the separation of the elements
of the air. Earth could have been destroyed thus creating many
problems , a ripple effect so to speak, thoughout the
universe. After reporting the observations of various voyages, sev-
eral recommendations were made. The first was that an aerial
display be performed in order to provide evidence of the
physical existence of life, as it is known here, on other plan-
ets in the solar system. This happened during Truman's time.
Newspaper reported the occurrence complete with
details of "the chase". What they didn't report was that the
UFO's were not visible below the planes which had been sent
up...they were only visible to those on the ground.

The second recommendation was for physical contact
with world leaders, beginning with the United States.

The First Meeting
March 16, 1957, in Alexandria, Virginia, one of the
finest leaders of the planet Venus, operating under the direc-
tion of the Central Control and who had been chosen to
make the contact as well as direct the project, landed his craft
and was met by two police officers, weapons drawn. A
thought transference quickly convinced them that he meant
no harm and he was ushered into the back seat of their patrol
car. After crossing over into Washington, D.C., they were met
by the secretary of Defence along with six of his staff mem-
bers. Soon police from every conceivable district and agency
had joined in, all trying to claim their right to escort him to
President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Through his own version
of the power of poitive thinking, he was to dismiss them
all and soon passed through the security posts followed by an
Air Force Captain.

Meanwhile, his presence in the area had thrown every-
one into a delemma. The introduction he held from the High
Council worried them because, though not written in any
Earthly language, their minds were given power to properly
translate the inscribed message. Captain Gould (not his real
name) asked him to remain and after downing two plain
bourbons muttered..
"My god, why couldn't this have happened on my day off.

JW So there you have it folks. Our government seems to be able
to keep secrets very well.

Source of Information: Stranger In The Pentagon, by Frank
Stranges, PHD.
Part 2. Posting Number 3.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 9, 1993, 8:59:23 PM7/9/93
Subject: Strange People.

In my investigation of space people many types of strange people
have shown up. There are the reptiliian type people who have scales
on their bodies and they are from Sirius. It was even mentioned
that some people from other planets have feathers, you might call
them the bird people. There are also many people on Earth who are
different from us. Let me tell you about some people who are little
bigger than most of us;...........................................
....A scientist working in the jungles of Africa has made the most
asonishing find in history: a tribe of 18-foot-tall giants!

Anthropologist Dr. Stanley Wistveld discovered the titans in a
remote valley near Lolo in Zaire while studying native tribes in
the area.

"The Zacus are just enormous, three times the size of normal men
and women," says Dr. Wistveld, 52, who is preparing a paper on his
discovery for an international anthropology conference this fall.

"In most other respects they are normal, although they appear to
be slower-moving and a bit more intelligent than average humans.

"Interstingly enough, they are very timid. That may expain why they
have remained hidden for so long. Members of nearby tribes had seen
them but never communicated with them because the Zacus always ran
away."

Dr. Wistveld first made contact with the giants two years ago after
he rescued one of their infants from a raging river.

The year-old baby, as large as most 5-year old children, had been
swept from his mother's arms upstream - and within seconds, a group
of hysterical Zacus rushed to surround the startled scientist.

"I was very frightened at first because these people towered over
me and they were very upset and savage-looking," Dr. Wistveld said.

"But soon I realized that they were scared, too. They were grateful
to have their baby back, but they watched me like they thought I was
going to hurt them. I managed to reassure them with body language and
they permitted me to accompany them to their huts. After that I visited
them two or three times a week for more that a year and gradually gained
their trust."

The towering tribe consists of 17 men, 19 women and 32 children who
live in grass huts, and support themnsleves by hunting, fishing and
gathering nuts and berries.

"They're very mild-mannered and quite intelligent," Dr. Wistveld
said.

"Because of their great size and remote location, they have no en-
emies, so they don't have to be very aggressive."

Dr. Wistveld says he is currently seeking grants to study the tribe
further.

"They are a living miracle and we need to understand much about them,"
he said.

JW I wonder if these dudes know how to play basketball?

Source of Information: WEEKLY WORLD NEWS, June 15, 1993 by Salley
Carrubba, Special correspondent.

John Winston.

Posting Number 2-a.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 9, 1993, 9:01:50 PM7/9/93
Subject: Nixon Meets Man From Space.

There is a book in the Calif. Library System which states that
our former president, Mr. Richard M. Nixon, once carried on a con-
versation with a man from space. I wonder what he would say about
the information stated in the book? Here is the information;....
...At that moment, another gentleman rushed into the
room. It turned out to be Vice President Richard Nixon. He
appeared to Val to be very sharp, quick-witted, with fixed
eyes and an amazing aptitude toward speed and profiency.

"My name is Valiant," he said as the Vice President
thrust his hand without hisitation.

"You have certainly caused a stir...for an out of towner."
The Vice President smiled as he continued, "Of course, we
are not totally convinced of anything just yet. But suffice it to
say we are checking and double checking everything you say
and do. When Sergeant Young from Alexandria radioed in
and stated that you had just landed in a flying saucer, we
though," he continued, "Sergeant Young had flipped. Say,
were you in on that UFO flap over Washington? You cer-
tainly had us all in a dither, if you were."

After assuring them that this planet had been under close
scrutiny for hundreds of years before the 1945 bomb blast and
with his special letter still in the slightly quivering hand of the
President, he was requested to follow the Secret Service back
the way they had come.. to the Pentagon and into a beauti-
fully furnished apartment where he would spend the next
three years. Fortunately, he was prepared for such a lengthy
visit and kept in constant communication with the starship.
There were many occasions during which he teleported him-
self in and out of those quarters often exercising "trans-
imagery" to cause the security guards to visualize his face on
a nonexistent I.D. badge.

Photos Taken

Soom after his arrival, together with three members of
his crew, he joined a "convention" in the back yard of the
home of Mr. Howard Menger in High Bridge, New Jersey.
The month was April, 1957. A certain group of individuals
who were interested in UFOs were meeting that day. Val and
his crew members, Donn, Jill and Tanyia, had changed into
the same type of clothing worn by their Earth friends. The
meeing was very interesting and these people were on the
right track. He was dismayed to learn the undignified manner
in which these people were treated by the press. Neverthe-
less, these people were pursuing their beliefs and is was
good. A curious young photographer, August C. Roberts,
snapped several pictures, thinking he was doing so without
Val's knowledge. The photographer seemed to be greatly
troubled when he attempted to talk to him. Yet, it was those
very photographs which were to bring me together with this
unusual man on that cold December day.

Holding the message from the High Council in his hand,
the President stated that Val's offer to help the human family
would upset the economy of the United States and could
plunge her into the abyss of chaos. In brief, he politely told
Val that the people of this planet were not ready to cope with
such conditions as would come into existence if the recom-
mendations of this unearthly visitor were put into action.
Nevertheless, he was invited to assist a number of scientists
who were out working on medical projects direcly associated
with the space sciences.

JW Val was also asked to help work on an orbital bomb system, but
he told them that he wasn't interested in that sort of thing.

Source of Information: Stanger At The Pentagon, 4th editiion, by
Frank Stranges, PHD.

Part 3. Posting Number 5.

John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 9, 1993, 9:04:20 PM7/9/93
Subject: Why Didn't Ike Take The Spaceman's Offer.

One might wonder why you late President Ike didn't take the offer
that was given to us for help by the people from Venus. Here are some
of the reasons why he didn't take them up on the offer for help......
....His last meeting with the President did not reap any last-
ing results. He wanted to let the world know of Val's pro-
posed plan, but the Secretary of Defense, the head of the
Central Intelligence Agency and the Military Chiefs of Staff
were opposed to his suggestion. The President attempted to
effect a joint meeting before the General Assembly of the
United Nations. But this plan too was rejected. He was
informed that the U.N. would receive a special "press release"
in the form of a memorandum to the Secretary General no
later than February, 1966. These leaders of the U.S. Gov-
ernment argued long into the night, fearing that if the people
of this nation learned of the plan Val was offering, they might
choose to follow him insted of them. When a man feels that
his personal peace and tranquility may be threatened, the
human reaction is always that of swift self-preservation. At
one point, the Vice President insisted that the "pressure boys"
allow the President make te choice. He was vetoed with-
out even a chance complete his statements.

World conditions were not growing any better. Much
international pressure was being brought to bear upon the
administraton. They fought diligently and enforced regid
regulations with stiff penalties for revealing Val's presence.
Even a major newscaster who inadvertently learned of his
visit through one of his paid informants was silenced by none
other than the Central Intelligence Agency, which has con-
sistently disclaimed all knowledge concerning UFOs. Mean-
while, they maintain secret files that could actualy prove the
existence of intelligent life in the universe beyond all doubt.

The morning of March 15, 1960 saw Val meeting with
"Nancy Warren" who would continue to work inside the
Pentatgon and be one of his contacts in the Washingtn, D.C.
area. She would continue communication with others who
would become part of his Earth contacts.

There are still to this day many adversaries to human
freedom. These parasites have imbedded themselves in all
phases of human society and will never be exposed except by
extraterrestrial intervention. There are confused individuals
who have perfected a saucer-type aircraft. Some of these are
the result of an attempt by some to institute a master race.
Remnants of this group still exist. These craft which they
designed are still seen from time to time in areas of South
America where some of those involved in the original plans
still reside. These should not be confused with e spacecraft
originating from other worlds or those coming from the inte-
rior of this planet. Nor should the occupants of craft origi-
nating from other worlds be confused with those "evil
messengers" who do not originae from Earth but were cast
INTO it after the first "war" ever recorded.

JW I feel that I will probably loose a few of you when he
mentioned the interior of the Earth but then some of you may
still believe that the sun comes up in the morning. If you
have any problems in that area just consult the local male
chicken and he will inform you that he made the sun come up
due to his vocalization.

Source of Information: Stranger At The Pentagon, by Frank
Stranges.

Part 4.

John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 9, 1993, 9:06:34 PM7/9/93
Subject: UFO On The Water.

It has been stated in the past that Val Thor has a space craft that
is on the water of Lake Mead near Las Vegas. Here is some information
about that UFO. .....................................................
Then I saw it. An acual, saucer-shaped vehicle was sit-
ting on the water. I noticed a strange phenomena. The waves
were gently rocking a power boat tied to the rough mooring,
causing the boat to rise and fall. However, I noticed that the
space craft DID NOT MOVE. I was to be informed later that
the ship was equipped with a pencil-fine beam that when
fixed on any solid object kept the ship from moving even one
degree from that fixed position. As we neared the ship, it glis-
tend in the light of the sun that was beautifully setting,
rapidly. We sailed close to the craft with the motor cut off.
Then an aperture opened, revealing two smiling faces. One
man and one woman greeted me by name, took my hand,
lifted me into the ship and then reached down for Val. A
short time later, the small power-craft was also raised aboard
and stowed in a compartment where a much larger power
craft was also seen.

My first impression was one of great exhilaration min-
gled with joy and excitement.I had read from time to time
true accounts that had changed the lives of other UFO
researchers and investigators. I have read many books that
carefully outlined the experiences of those who had experi-
enced actual space contact. But now it was different. It was
happening to me. I remembered how my colleagues in the
Christian ministry looked with disdain upon anyone who
would dare relate incidents about "space people", "space
vehicles" and such. But now I found myself caring less what
anyone would possibly think of me because of my own expe-
riences. I was there!!!

Purifying Sensation.

I was ushered by these wonderful people to a room
where I was requested to completely disrobe. I did so with-
out question. I then walked through a compartment that
resembled a shower...only without water. I felt a purify-
ing sensation all over my body. I no longer required my eye-
glasses to see. This is another phenomena on board the ship
that was quite "unscientific". I felt extremely good in body,
soul and spirit.

After walking through the "shower compartment" I was
issued a white outfit that resembled what we would call
"overalls". The fabric was lighweigh just as Val's garment
had been when he showed it to me at the Pentagon. However
it was a different fabric than his.

JW You know this sounds a lot like the TV show Star Trek The
Next Generation.

Source Of Information: Stranger At The Pentagon, by Frank
Stranges.

Part 5.

John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 9, 1993, 9:08:35 PM7/9/93
Subject: The State Of Internet.

The President of the United States usually gives a message to the
people called The State Of The Nation, govenors give speeches called
The State Of the State speeches and last of all heads of companies
give speeches called The State Of (then they put in the name of their
organization. In these talks they let the people know how things are
going and what their plans are for the future. I will now attempt to
put down such a bit of bytes about Interest. Please lend me your ears
and eyes;...........................................................
....Millions of the world's most
plugged-in people spend hours each
week surfing at near-warp speed on a
wave of information called the Inter=net.

Lauched by the U.S. Defense Depart-
ment to promote communications be-
tween the military and industry, and nur-
tured by university researchers, this net-
work of networks - 11,000 in all - links
users, in 200 countries from A (Australia)
to Z (Zambia). They dig into databases
and exchange mail, research and gossip on
topics from aeronautics to zymurgy.

The number of people hooked to the inter-
net has grown exponentially - from about 2,-
000 in 1981 to about 15 million today. About
a million more are linking up each month.

The Internet moves data by relaying traffic
in packets from one computer network to
another. If a particular network or computer is
down or busy, the network is smart enough to
reroute the trafic automatically.

Here are some of the data banks where information
can be obtained; Electronic mail, user sends
e-mail to Internet address at the White House.
(whitehouse.gov). Libraries; User searches Library
of Congress database. (telnet dra.com).

Use of the high-speed (45-mega-
bit-per-second) backbone of the
network is free, because it is fully
subsidized by the U.S. govern-
ment. Users pay for access to the
other, privately operated comput-
er networks tied to the backbone.

Many people who have access
may not realize it. Most universi-
ties provide free Internet access to
every student, and many electron-
ic bulletin-board services, such as
CompuServe and MCI Mail, pro-
vide a gateway for exchange of
elctronic mail with Internet users
throughout the world.

So Many people are signing up for
access to internet that it will run
out of individual computer address by
2003, unless a standards committee
changes the way computers address each
other, according to Susan Calcari, net-
work-information-service specialist for
General Atomics which operates CERFnet.

Computers do so much of the
work that it seems they are in total
control of Internet. That's close to
the truth. There's no central au-
thority, apart from the committee
that sets technical standards and
another that tries to insulate the
network against intruders and
hackers.
JW. Well, friends Romans and flamers, there
you have it in a nutshell. If you so desire
you may find we posting in the Alt. Alien
Vistors of Internet or Usenet or Netnews All
(call it what ever you like). I have been
know in the past to say something about UFOs
ESP and other weird stuff. Please don't tell
anyone I said any of this because I get enough
flames as it is.

Source of Information: Internet Society; "The
Whole Internet," Ed Krol; "Surfing the Internet,"
Jean Armour Polly. San Francisco Chronicle.
Tuesday, June 1, 1993.

John Winston.

Barry Shein

Jul 10, 1993, 1:59:50 AM7/10/93

From: John_-_...@cup.portal.com

> The President of the United States usually gives a message to the
>people called The State Of The Nation

Um, it's usually called the "State of the Union" address.

I can't believe I tried to correct something in a J_-_W post...

The rest of it is pretty much accurate.

--
-Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die | b...@world.std.com | uunet!world!bzs
Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 617-739-0202 | Login: 617-739-WRLD

William Shamblin

Jul 10, 1993, 3:14:00 AM7/10/93
You guys need to spend a little more time on sci.skeptic
-William

Tjames Madison

Jul 10, 1993, 6:31:22 AM7/10/93
D.M.Procida (dm...@ukc.ac.uk) wrote:

>So, what's with Mt. Shasta (to use a revolting Americanism)?

I don't know "what's with" Mt. Shasta, but I wrote a short story three
years ago about people living inside it, inspired by waking up at 3 a.m.
on a train ride back from Seattle and seeing the big snow-capped mountain
in the distance. At the time I had no idea that some people apparently
believed that Shasta was either inhabited or a UFO refueling station. I
just thought it looked neat.

I think it's an intriguing place because it's inaccesible to 90% of
Californians, for one thing. And also because we drink Shasta Cola. For no
good reason at all.

We're crazy, I tell you.

--
RoR tja...@netcom.com RoR

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 10, 1993, 9:24:40 AM7/10/93
Dear People Who Breath Air: I do believe that Barry is correct. The
speech is called The State Of The Nation. Thank you.
John Winston.

Matt Welsh

Jul 10, 1993, 11:47:03 AM7/10/93
>Dear People Who Breath Air: I do believe that Barry is correct. The
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Now, John. Let's not be overly exclusive.

mdw
Matt Welsh, m...@tc.cornell.edu, wel...@dg-rtp.dg.com
Radioactive decay ain't what it used to be.

William Shamblin

Jul 10, 1993, 3:58:53 PM7/10/93

Someone should consult a dictionary, the address is the state of the Union.
-William

Robert Huss

Jul 10, 1993, 4:53:09 PM7/10/93
In article <85...@cup.portal.com>, John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
|> Subject: Strange People.

[Rediculous story about tall folks deleted]

|> JW I wonder if these dudes know how to play basketball?
|>
|> Source of Information: WEEKLY WORLD NEWS, June 15, 1993 by Salley
|> Carrubba, Special correspondent.
|>
|> John Winston.
|>
|> Posting Number 2-a.

Okay, anyone siting Weekly World News as a 'source of information'
should be given the curling iron treatment. Is this guy for real, or
just providing us with some laughs??

Bob "It was printed so it must be true" Huss

Charles Lasner

Jul 10, 1993, 3:57:57 PM7/10/93
>Dear Question Askers: It regards to whether Shasta Soda is still sold

So, you want to take credit for answering where Shasta soda is because you
mentioned Mt. Shasta which prompted the soda question, etc. I guess you
are a fount of really useful information on all subjects bar none?

(Next question: where does bar none originate and where can I buy one of those
candy bars?)

>I never talk about anything important. Richard Shaver did write fiction

Tell me what you know about shavers. Remington will do.

>classes aboard the Victor 1 spacecraft but I could be wrong. So long for

Is that related to the Victor 9000?

cj "Enquiring mind" l

Charles Lasner

Jul 10, 1993, 4:05:25 PM7/10/93
In article <1993Jul9.0...@hpcvaac.cv.hp.com> bi...@hpcvaac.cv.hp.com (bill nelson) writes:
>John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:
>: Dear Question Askers: It regards to whether Shasta Soda is still sold
>: in stores, it is on sale at the local Long's Drug Store, and they say
>: I never talk about anything important. Richard Shaver did write fiction
>: and he did state that some of his writings were for real. I did write him
>: some while he was still alive. He did talk about the good and bad people
>: who are underground. I don't think they charge any tuition to go to the
>: classes aboard the Victor 1 spacecraft but I could be wrong. So long for
>: now.
>: John Winston.
>
>I nominate this person for the "Braindead of the Month" award.
>
>Bill

Not so fast; first prove he *is* a person, instead of a fairly lame 'bot
(as opposed to Ted's lamebot).

cj "not brain-dead for food" l

William VanHorne

Jul 10, 1993, 8:09:02 PM7/10/93
In article <C9yvCq...@cs.cmu.edu> rhu...@EDRC.CMU.EDU (Robert Huss) writes:

> Okay, anyone siting Weekly World News as a 'source of information'
>should be given the curling iron treatment. Is this guy for real, or
>just providing us with some laughs??

I am afraid that the reality of John_-_Winston is a deep and complex
philosophical question that has occupied the greatest minds of the net
for some years. I have a delightful proof of his non-existance, but
unfortunately the margin is too narrow to hold it.

---Bill "although if he is real, I agree about the curling iron" VanHorne

Ryan J Franklin

Jul 10, 1993, 8:02:22 PM7/10/93
In article <1993Jul09.1...@rchland.ibm.com> jd...@rchland.vnet.ibm.com (Jared Dahl) writes:

>|> What do lemurs have against Atlanta?
>
>They were excluded (some say unfairly) from the
>1996 Olympic Games.

Not to mention the long-standing lemur hatred of Ted Turner. First came the
colorization of the classic black-and-white lemur films that our prosimian
pals like to watch late at night on our VCRs. Then came the Goodwill Games,
which offended many a young passionate lemur with its sheer pointlessness
and fakey-media-event atmosphere. The final straw was, of course, the TNT
network.

Surprisingly, most lemurs are ambivalent towards Jane Fonda, and have only
mild contempt for the Atlanta Braves.

--
_ _
Ryan Franklin | Ro shite ko nashi.

Gene Haldeman

Jul 11, 1993, 2:10:50 AM7/11/93
In article <C9yvCq...@cs.cmu.edu> rhu...@EDRC.CMU.EDU (Robert Huss) writes:
> Okay, anyone siting Weekly World News as a 'source of information'
>should be given the curling iron treatment. Is this guy for real, or
>just providing us with some laughs??

I'm sorry so few of you seem to appreciate the Weekly World News as it
deserves yo be appreciated. I only wish I still had the article about the
water-skiing squirrel who died in a tragic boat accident and his manager's
statement: "He lived for thrills; he would have wanted to go this way."

WWN is tops for this kind of reporting. Wish I could get a job there.

ObUL: J_-_W works for the WWN, and just tries it out here first.

Kim Greer

Jul 11, 1993, 9:53:11 AM7/11/93
In article <135...@netnews.upenn.edu> hald...@mail.sas.upenn.edu (Gene Haldeman) writes:
=I'm sorry so few of you seem to appreciate the Weekly World News as it
=deserves yo be appreciated. I only wish I still had the article about the
=water-skiing squirrel who died in a tragic boat accident and his manager's
=statement: "He lived for thrills; he would have wanted to go this way."

Actually, the squirrel didn't die, any more than soap opera actors "die".
The squirrel quit the job, saying "What are you, crazy or something? I'm
not working for peanuts."

K "Yeah, well, nuts to you, too" G

Kim Greer
Duke University Medical Center k...@orion.mc.duke.edu
Div. Nuclear Medicine POB 3949 voice: 919-681-5894
Durham, NC 27710 fax: 919-681-5636

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 11, 1993, 10:14:34 AM7/11/93
Subject: Victor 1 Where Are You?

The space craft that Val Thor has on Lake Mead is parked in a certain
place. Here is some information about it;..............................
Parked near the shore of the western-most reach of Lake
Mead, east of Las Vegas, Nevada, is VICTOR ONE, a space-
craft from an extraterrestrial culture in which the name
Commander Valiant Thor is prominent. This is the craft
which he commands and uses as his "home" on Earth. VIC-
TOR ONE is northwest of Hoover Dam, southeast of Nellis
Air Force Base, northeast of the town of Henderson, Nevada,
and south of the Gypsum Plant. As of early December, 1988,
it was just south of Las Vegas Wash about a mile northeast of
the junction of Highways 147 and 166. It can move about.
VICTOR ONE has been in this vicinity for eleven years.
There are other Victor Class spacecraft which have been
observing Earth for thousands of years. Several thousand peo-
ple of Earth know of VICTOR ONE...approximately 2000
are U.S. Government officials currently in office. A limited
number of people of Earth have visited VICTOR ONE,
including several scientists. No government officials have ever
visited VICTOR ONE.

The "Victor Class" Sector

A space craft of the Victor Class is a 300-foot diameter
discus, twenty-two feet high at the rim, increasing to ninety-
seven feet on the axis. The permanent crew is approximately
200. Its audio-visual-laser-type camera can select and pick up
any person's actions and words as well as record them, all this
up to a distance of 1200 miles from the spacecraft. There are
presently about 450 persons under surveillance by VICTOR
ONE. Only 20% are of a positive nature. The rest present
some kind of threat to the planet.

Approximately 103 victor Class spacecraft are on or near
the surface of the Earth, active between some 287 locations
The first Victor Class ship visited Earth nearly 6,000 years
ago. When Albert Einstein's four papers of technical develop-
ment first appeared in 1905, the need for close scrutiny
incresed. Deployment reached the present level of 103 in
1981 during the peak threat of neclear war.

All of e Victor Class ships were carefuly constructed
on board the Starship. There is a level compartment on the
very bottom of the Starship where these ships are constructed
and housed until they are dispatched. The crews are carefully
chosen with the ranking officers being those who are consid-
ered seasoned to command such a craft. The design of the
Victor Class ships is constant. There are no variations. There
are other scout ships that are smaller (such as the one which
Val used to go to Alexandria, Virginia and visit the Pen-
tagon). These have a capacity of one, two, three, four, six,
eight or ten persons. All of these are also constructed of the
same basic material as the Victor Class ships. The shapes vary.
As a mater of fact they have been built in every shape
known to man. A mini-class ship with an elongated
configuraton in shape of a torpedo is used to transport
supplies. These are those which have been seen coming out
of the sides of mountains in California, Nevada and Arizona.
Bases inside these mountain areas house these craft as well.
You may have heard some of the stories the Indians tell of
these bases.

All of the Victor Class ships have the capability of inter-
planetary travel if and when it's necessary.

JW I would like to go into this craft someday.

Part 7. Posting Number 10.

Source of Information: Stranger At The Pentagon by Frank
Stranges.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 11, 1993, 10:11:17 AM7/11/93
Subject: How To Defecate On A Flying Saucer.ok

In case you go aboard the space craft that is on Lake Mead, I have
some good news and some bad news in case you get a call from nature to
go to the little boy's or girl's room. The good new is that they do
have such a room and the bad news is that they don't have paper that
would normally be used for such a purpose. The following information
will clear up what you have to do;...................................
...Later I was shown to my own guest quarters which were
quite unique. Again no square corners. The color was pale
blue made even softer by the indirect lighting which appeared
to come from the ceiling. Walking across the floor was like
standing in the thichkest, puffiest clouds you can imagine. It
seemed to "fit" the form of your foot as you walked. The
room actually looked quite bare when you first walked in.
Everything to serve your needs was located in the wall and
with the push of a button, it was at your service. The bed, the
desk, all at your fingertips. A viewscreen was visible in the
wall at eye level as you sat in the chair provided for your com-
plete comfort.

One amusing incident occurred when the needs of
nature had to be attended. I went into the bathroom and was
embarrassed to note the obvious absence of toilet tissue.
Then it happened. I heard a voice within my mind which I
immediately recognized as belonging to Val.

He said, "Frank, look to your right. You will find three
butons. Push the first, then the second and then the third, in
that order."

I could hear Teel's laugh as I proceeded to press the first
button. The sensation was that of a rapid warm wind similar
to a jet of air, blowing beneath the seat. the process entirely
crystalized the waste matters and caused it to drop from me.
Then the second button was another jet blast of a different
pressure and temperature. Finally, the third button. This pro-
duced a pleasant, fragrant substance that made me feel as
though I had been washed, cleaned, powdered and perfumed.

As I came out of the bathroom, no one paid any atten-
tion to me although I had a strong feeling that everybody in
the room knew what had happened.

Suddenly Teel (JW a pretty space lady) broke the silence by
saying, "Well, do you want take one home with your?"
A few of them laughed and went on about their business.

After meeting privately with Val, I proceeded to sleep for
a few hours and in the morning, Val drove me back to San
Diego where I again boarded a plane bound for Los
Angeles.
JW So there your have it folks, a manual of defecation.

Source of Information: Stanger At The Pentagon, by Frank
Stranges.

Part 6.

John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 11, 1993, 10:18:33 AM7/11/93
Subject: Where Are All Of These 103 Spaceships Located?

You may be wondering where all of these Victor Series spaceship
are scattered around the Earth. Here is some information that will
let you know a little more about that subject;

Location of the Ships

The 287 locations of the Victor Series ships by land
masses, oceans or countries are as follows:

North & South Pacific Ocean.................................38
Japan.......................................................29
USA (48 States).............................................21
North & South Atlantic Ocean................................18
USSR........................................................17
China & Mongolia............................................17
India, Afghanistan through Viet Nam.........................17
Middle East.................................................17
Africa & Madagascar.........................................17
Europe......................................................15
Indian Ocean................................................13
Philippines & Indonesian Islands............................11
Australia & New Zealand......................................9
South America................................................8
Scandanavia..................................................7
Canada.......................................................6
Korea........................................................5
Arctic Ocean.................................................4
Greenland & Iceland..........................................3
Central America..............................................2
Antarctica...................................................2
Alaska.......................................................1
Others (due to vagueness of boundaries).....................10

The total number of crew on VICTOR ONE, as previ-
ously mentioned, is 200. With Valiant Thor as Commander,
there are four crew members who serve in the capacity of
Vice Commander. These include Donn, Thonn, Teel and
the Medical Officer who is known as "Doc". These com-
manders have been chosen to serve until further advised. The
rest of the compliment are those from the home plnaet Venus
who have elected to serve under the direct command of
Commander Val Thor. From time to time, however, there are
those from other systems who volunteer to serve on VIC-
TOR ONE for short periods to time...about three Earth
months. This is done so that those of the crew members who
wish to return home for a time may do so without disrupting
the vital functions of the ship. Remenber, life is not the same
on their planets as it is here on Earth. No person or job is
looked upon as any more or less important than any other
person or job.

Cosmic Teachings

Three to five crew members directly assist V.C. Teel in
the preparation and teaching of the various classes conducted
aboard VICTOR ONE. Most of these classes are conducted
by her and pertain directy to the following subject:
A. Earth Sciences
B. Earth people and their habits
C. The fall of mankind and the Salvation of Jesus Christ
D. The psychology of the human being

JW Boy I sure would love to be in some of those classes and
bring along my video camera, but what would I plug into
when I need to recharge my batteries?

Source of Material: Stranger At The Pentagon, by Frank
Stranges.

Part 8. Posting Number 11.

John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 11, 1993, 10:22:04 AM7/11/93
Subject: How Busy Is Val Thor?

Many of you might like for Val to come by and teach you all he
knows about space and everything but I don't believe that is going
to happen. Here are his words as to why it probably won't happen;..
...Many have requested that I come and lecture, conduct
classes, teach you what I know. This is quite impossible.
However, through Dr. Stranges, a vehicle has been designed
to fulfill that request.

It would not be practical for you to expect me to come
to teach you individually or collectively at this time as I must
perform the following tasks in my position:

1. Command the starship as well as VICTOR ONE
2. Head the Venusian Council of Twelve
3. Control certain outposts around this planet
4. Oversee the task forces used to contain radiation
around your cities
5. Make regular journeys to and from the planets
6. Conduct seminars on the Starship for the indoctrina-
tion of those visiting from other star systems
7. Monitor discussion and plans by world leaders
8. Prevent atomic holocaust by exercising certain limits
on certain human agencies
9. Work in full harmony with our Heavenly Creator

Please do remember that there are at this time seven per-
sons, of various backgrounds and experience on this Earth
who have been gifted with a keen insight regarding matters
pertaining to the future of this planet. It would do you good
to listen to these four men and three women, one of whom
is Dr. Frank Stranges. The others will make themselves
known to their groups in their respective parts of the globe.

JW Well folks that's all for now on this subject.

Source of information: Stranger At The Pentagon, by Frank
Stranges, PHD

The book Stranger At The Pentagon can be obtained by writing
for a free catalog from INNER LIGHT PUBLICATIONS Box 653-Dept.
Mew Brunswick, N.J. 08903.

The End, part 9, posting number 12.

John Winston.

Warren Burstein

Jul 11, 1993, 7:27:19 AM7/11/93
Well, John_, how was your stay in the institution?
--
/|/-\/-\ The entire hall Jerusalem
|__/__/_/ is a very narrow signature virus.
|warren@ But the chef
/ nysernet.org is not worried at all.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 12, 1993, 9:39:03 AM7/12/93
Dear Food Eaters: It seems that Gary was correct. The name of the speech
given by our President is The State Of The Union. I stand corrected. It is
good to see all of the activity on the Net. It all helps.
John Winston.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 12, 1993, 11:47:04 AM7/12/93
Dear Seekers Of Truth.
A person by the name of Harold Wheaton (reminds me of Will Wheaton
from Star Trek The Next Generation who I have interviewed) requested
that I comment on his recent posting to the Net and add any correction
that I might think are not correct so here goes:......................
UNIFICATION THEORY OF HAROLD WHEATON.

He belives that space people have been around the Earth for many years.
Is it not said that the morning stars shouted with joy when the foundations
of the Earth were made? Angels were here, Job was here and space people were
here. That was 4.7 billion years ago or more. They seeded this place with
us several times. We have a tendency to destroy ourselves about every
5,000 years so we are 5,000 years behind Venus and many years behind the
people on parts of Sirius. Some of the people on Sirius are so far advanced
to us that they would seem like gods to us (Jehovah). I'm serious folks
their are people on Sirius (the Dog Star). Just ask some of the people
in Africa. They will tell you they came from there and tell you the rotational
characteristics of a couple of stars that rotate around eachother on a
50 year basis, but then they are a bunch of ignorant savages so what do they
know?

Harold mentions that the space people monitor us and this is correct. This
is sometimes done by a mechanical device called a chronomonitor. Sort of like
the robot in the show The Day The Earth Stood Still.

It was mentioned that the space people buzz us to watch us. That is correct
they have constant patrols and sometime take people aboard and tell them what
they have been doing for thousands of years, but then these people are then
treated as if they are insane by the people of earth or even worse. They do
have a code of Non-interference that they live by. They believe in letting
civilizations live out their on Karma. They do walk among us and do volunteer
to be born as regualar people by our women. Some of them take the bodies
of earth people who want to give up in their life here on Earth (called
walk-ins).

They do have an organization called a Confederation of Planets. Surface people
on Earth are not members of it now but we will be up for membership when
we straighten out our act.

Some UFOs were seen during World War 2 and were called Foo Fighters. People
in Egypt saw them and drew pictures of them in the pyramids. UFOs are not
only a recent phenomena.

End Part 1.

John Winston.

George Bendo

Jul 11, 1993, 8:21:32 PM7/11/93
In article <1993Jul11.0...@organpipe.uug.arizona.edu> fran...@helium.gas.uug.arizona.edu (Ryan J Franklin ) writes:

>>They were excluded (some say unfairly) from the
>>1996 Olympic Games.
>
>Not to mention the long-standing lemur hatred of Ted Turner. First came the
>colorization of the classic black-and-white lemur films that our prosimian
>pals like to watch late at night on our VCRs. Then came the Goodwill Games,
>which offended many a young passionate lemur with its sheer pointlessness
>and fakey-media-event atmosphere. The final straw was, of course, the TNT
>network.
>
>Surprisingly, most lemurs are ambivalent towards Jane Fonda, and have only
>mild contempt for the Atlanta Braves.

What do lemurs think of other baseball teams (and other sports teams, for that
matter) ? Do they hate the Detroit Tigers and Altanta Hawks, or do they live
in fear of the teams? Does environmentally consciousness create a dislike
of the Edmonton Oilers and Houston Oilers? Do they have a statement on the
political correctness of the Washington Redskins?

Salem

--
| George Bendo | "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men |
| New Mexico Tech | Gang aft a-gley." |

Daniel F

Jul 12, 1993, 2:28:35 PM7/12/93
> Subject: Where Are All Of These 103 Spaceships Located?
>
> You may be wondering where all of these Victor Series spaceship
> are scattered around the Earth. Here is some information that will
> let you know a little more about that subject;
>
> Location of the Ships
>
> The 287 locations of the Victor Series ships by land
> masses, oceans or countries are as follows:

You forgot the one in my back yard!

obri...@meena.cc.uregina.ca

Jul 10, 1993, 6:52:21 PM7/10/93
In a previous article, jd...@rchland.vnet.ibm.com (Jared Dahl) wrote:

>|> [lots and lots deleted]

>|> What do lemurs have against Atlanta?
>
>They were excluded (some say unfairly) from the
>1996 Olympic Games.
>
>Jared Dahl

I believe that "Atlanteans" refers to Atlantis, as opposed to
Atlanta. Of course it is well known that the Lemureans and
Atlanteans warred for several millenia, just prior to the
Dawn of Recorded History. Something to do with professional
soccer, I believe.

Jeff

(PS: Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there several lemurs
on the Sri Lankan Olympic team for '96? Maybe in volleyball?)

Daniel F

Jul 12, 1993, 7:11:52 PM7/12/93
> There are other scout ships that are smaller [...] As a mater of

> fact they have been built in every shape known to man.

Does this mean that there are scout ships in the shape of a frozen
burrito?

If so, is it a beef or a bean&cheese burrito?

> All of the Victor Class ships have the capability of inter-
> planetary travel if and when it's necessary.

Was this trip really necessary?

adam j. smargon

Jul 12, 1993, 8:01:48 PM7/12/93
In article <10JUL93....@meena.cc.uregina.ca>, obri...@meena.cc.uregina.ca
writes:

>I believe that "Atlanteans" refers to Atlantis, as opposed to
>Atlanta. Of course it is well known that the Lemureans and
>Atlanteans warred for several millenia, just prior to the
>Dawn of Recorded History. Something to do with professional
>soccer, I believe.

All residents of Georgia (and specifically of metropolitan Atlanta) are welcome
to this question:

Are you called Atlanteans, Atlantans, or something else?

Me? I'm a Floridian, Miamian, Gainesvillian, Detroiter, Michigander...
but most important of all.... I'M A GATOR!

Sorry to go off on a tangent. We now return you to frink with the lemurs.

* Adam J. Smargon, The University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32612 USA *
* I am the L'orax, I speak for the trees... -Dr. Seuss **** (904)846-8804 ****
* I am an environmental case! * Recycle or die. * It's not easy being green. *
* The warming of the atmosphere is called the Greenhouse Effect. Not doing *
* anything about it is called the White House Effect. Living with it is *
* called the Outhouse Effect. -Pat Hazell *** RECY...@maple.circa.ufl.edu ***

No parking EXCEPT FOR BOB

Jul 12, 1993, 8:30:14 PM7/12/93
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

>Harold mentions that the space people monitor us and this is correct. This
>is sometimes done by a mechanical device called a chronomonitor. Sort of like
>the robot in the show The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Why don't you just show them how to get a newsfeed?
I'm sure they'd grep^H^Hok it right away.

Bob O'Bob

brendon macaraeg

Jul 12, 1993, 9:25:10 PM7/12/93
Hi all...
I'm interested in getting ANY info. (interviews, mailing lists, sources
of info.) on Neil Armstrong's supposed sighting of alien moon bases on
the drak side during his Apollo 11 mission. The story is that on this
mission Armstrong saw alien bases and "huge" ships of some sort while
orbiing the moon's dark side...and supposedly NASA censored his radio
broadcasts back to earth...I read in a book that people in florida
listening in on shortwave radios heard Armstrong say that he saw such
things...in college, via the Freedom Of Information ACt, I tried to get
transcripts of Armstrong's broadcasts back to NASA, and of course NASA
denies any such messages; Armstrong is (was? is he still alive; I'm not
sure) very reclusive and refuses to talk about the subject publicly.
The FOIA request was fruitless; being a college student I couldn't
affordf the humungous search fees.

Please Email me at any of the three addresses below. Thank you.

"Politically Correct? Isn't that an oxymoron?"

Peter Alan Dutton

Jul 12, 1993, 9:23:39 PM7/12/93
In article <10JUL93....@meena.cc.uregina.ca> obri...@meena.cc.uregina.ca writes:

>I believe that "Atlanteans" refers to Atlantis, as opposed to Atlanta.

Both the city and the Lost Continent (tm) are named after the ocean,
though, so you have to admit that it's a bit vague.

There are other similarities. Atlanta is kind of like Hartford, only
slightly bigger. And Atlantis is kind of like Hartford, only slightly
wetter.

Peter "So who would name a landlocked city after an ocean, anyways?" D!

lrud...@vax.clarku.edu

Jul 12, 1993, 11:33:35 PM7/12/93
In a previous article, padu...@bigwpi.WPI.EDU (Peter Alan Dutton) wrote:

>There are other similarities. Atlanta is kind of like Hartford, only
>slightly bigger. And Atlantis is kind of like Hartford, only slightly
>wetter.
>
>Peter "So who would name a landlocked city after an ocean, anyways?" D!

J.E. Thompson, that's who. He built the Western & Atlantic Railroad in 1845,
and named its Georgian terminus "Atlanta" apparently because he thought that
was the feminine form and more appropriate for a city name.

On the other hand, Atlantic, Iowa, was "at the time of naming ... believed to
be halfway between the oceans: a coin was flipped and fell for Pacific, but
that name had to be given up because it had been used too much elsewhere,
and Atlantic was then chosen." [Stewart, American Place Names]

Lee "he should have named it Tbilisi" Rudolph

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 12, 1993, 10:23:36 PM7/12/93
Dear People: I glad all of you are taking this information very
seriously. I am now through with posting reruns so onward and upward.
John Winston.

Andrew Bulhak

Jul 12, 1993, 11:14:07 PM7/12/93
John_-_...@cup.portal.com wrote:
[ Stuff deleted ]
: JW So there your have it folks, a manual of defecation.

:
: Source of Information: Stanger At The Pentagon, by Frank
^^^^^ Was the UFO an Xist pleasure-saucer?

-- Andrew "and shouldn't that be excremeditation?" Bulhak

: John Winston.

| Andrew Bulhak | |
| a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au | "Barney's not only my friend, he's my enema" |
| Monash Uni, Clayton, | (Kibo) |
| Victoria, Australia | |

Harold Wheaton

Jul 13, 1993, 3:35:20 AM7/13/93
brendon macaraeg (bre...@mindvox.phantom.com) wrote:
: Hi all...

: I'm interested in getting ANY info. (interviews, mailing lists, sources
: of info.) on Neil Armstrong's supposed sighting of alien moon bases on
: the drak side during his Apollo 11 mission.

There's a file on ftp.rutgers.edu with the actual communication between
Armstrong and Houston but this will not help with the mystery.

One note: I understand what you mean by "dark side," but we must remember
that sunlight can reach both sides. It's best to call it the "far side."
In fact, it's rather interesting we have a far side because that guarantees
the revolution period=the rotation period. I personally don't see why
they should be that equal and I've speculated the rotation has been
ARTIFICALLY tweaked to match the revolution. (Ooohhh.. Aliens!) :)

Other note: every SINGLE Apollo has seen strange lights near the moon.
On one episode of E.T. Monitor, the host described his arduous task of
getting the video reel of some of that light action. He did at least
get video stills of those lights (from some agency; I forget which) and
I saw them on the show. However, those lights could mean anything and
that reel is probably needed to appreciate what happened.

Regarding FOIA, only mess with this if you really know what you're doing.
It's a slow process and there's rumor you're just not going to get certain
papers no matter what.

Perhaps something did happen at the moon. We'll probably
know in time.

: Please Email me at any of the three addresses below. Thank you.
: "Politically Correct? Isn't that an oxymoron?"

Doesn't look like an address. :) -Harold
--
+--------------------------------------X-------------------------------------+
| Harold Wheaton, N6WUX / \ "Computer, |

Agnes Tomorrow

Jul 13, 1993, 4:02:13 AM7/13/93
recy...@maple.circa.ufl.edu (adam j. smargon) writes:

>All residents of Georgia (and specifically of metropolitan Atlanta) are welcome
>to this question:

>Are you called Atlanteans, Atlantans, or something else?

>Me? I'm a Floridian, Miamian, Gainesvillian, Detroiter, Michigander...
>but most important of all.... I'M A GATOR!

Which brings to mind a question I've always wondered about--does anyone
know how people from Maine refer to themselves? Manians? Maniacs?
Mainish folk? Help me! This keeps my up nights, wondering...
--
Agnes Tomorrow /// "...staring down the barrel of a loaded question..."
agn...@u.washington.edu /// --Electric Bonsai Band

Cousin Ibo

Jul 13, 1993, 8:47:40 AM7/13/93
agn...@carson.u.washington.edu (Agnes Tomorrow) writes:

|Which brings to mind a question I've always wondered about--does anyone
|know how people from Maine refer to themselves? Manians? Maniacs?
|Mainish folk? Help me! This keeps my up nights, wondering...

Officially, the people of Maine are called the rather boring
monicker of Mainer. However, the people of Maine call each other the
much more interesting Nard. However, as anyone who is anyone knows,
the most endearing term for a person of Maine is, of course, Maniac.

-Cousin "Proud Nutmegger" Ibo

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 13, 1993, 9:38:49 AM7/13/93
Dear People In High Places: I believe you will find that Stanger is
Stranger than Stranger in some cases except in California.
Satan was kind enough to send me some more E-mail. I attempted to
reproduce the information and put it on the Net but strange things
started to happen to my computer. It started smoking, making funny a
noise and refused to reproduce the information. I guess my computer
has something against Satan.
John Winston.

Ad absurdum per aspera

Jul 13, 1993, 11:31:36 AM7/13/93

obr...@netcom.com (No parking EXCEPT FOR BOB) wrote:
> Why don't you just show them how to get a newsfeed?

Please, G*d, NO!!! Imagine what would happen to alt.
folklore.urban with every damn fool from Alpha Centauri
to the Pleiades insisting that they've got an indicator
dye that changes color when somebody widdles in the pool,
and taking 500,000 articles to figure out that it doesn't
work here because we swim in water and can't see in the
soft-UV range anyway.

Joe "Followup to alt.sex.risathra" Chew

Gary Hanyzewski

Jul 13, 1993, 12:28:59 PM7/13/93
In article D...@ucdavis.edu, whe...@ece.ucdavis.edu (Harold Wheaton) writes:

">> :"brendon macaraeg (bre...@mindvox.phantom.com) wrote:
">> :": Hi all...
">> :": I'm interested in getting ANY info. (interviews, mailing lists, sources
">> :": of info.) on Neil Armstrong's supposed sighting of alien moon bases on
">> :": the drak side during his Apollo 11 mission.
">> :"
">> :"There's a file on ftp.rutgers.edu with the actual communication between
">> :"Armstrong and Houston but this will not help with the mystery.
">> :"
">> :"One note: I understand what you mean by "dark side," but we must remember
">> :"that sunlight can reach both sides. It's best to call it the "far side."
">> :"In fact, it's rather interesting we have a far side because that guarantees
">> :"the revolution period=the rotation period. I personally don't see why
">> :"they should be that equal and I've speculated the rotation has been
">> :"ARTIFICALLY tweaked to match the revolution. (Ooohhh.. Aliens!) :)
">> :"
">> :" [ Other Stuff Deleted .. ]

Please,, The physics of the earth-moon system is simple and
well understood. The moon is tidal locked with the earth by
the laws of gravity, not through the manipulations of bug-eyed
aliens. I'm not saying that there are no aliens, and there
may be bases on the far-side of the moon.. BUT ALIENS DID NOT
CAUSE THE MOON TO BE TIDAL LOCKED WITH THE EARTH...

---
Gary Hanyzewski | "... There are more things in
ga...@sdsc.edu | heaven and earth than
| are dreamt of in your
>> << | philosophy ...."

Rich Payne

Jul 13, 1993, 1:43:31 PM7/13/93
In article <CA3EE...@ucdavis.edu> whe...@ece.ucdavis.edu (Harold Wheaton) writes:
>brendon macaraeg (bre...@mindvox.phantom.com) wrote:
>: Hi all...
>: I'm interested in getting ANY info. (interviews, mailing lists, sources
>: of info.) on Neil Armstrong's supposed sighting of alien moon bases on
>: the drak side during his Apollo 11 mission.
>
>There's a file on ftp.rutgers.edu with the actual communication between
>Armstrong and Houston but this will not help with the mystery.

Which mystery?

>One note: I understand what you mean by "dark side," but we must remember
>that sunlight can reach both sides.

Are you saying that Pink Floyd is wrong? Of course, the song ends with
the line, "there is no dark side... It's all dark."

> It's best to call it the "far side."

Now you're thinking of Gary Larson.

>In fact, it's rather interesting we have a far side because that guarantees
>the revolution period=the rotation period. I personally don't see why
>they should be that equal and I've speculated the rotation has been
>ARTIFICALLY tweaked to match the revolution. (Ooohhh.. Aliens!) :)

It's called tide locking, and it's a natural phenomena.

Maybe someone can scan them and post them or put them up at phoenix.oulu.fi.

>Regarding FOIA, only mess with this if you really know what you're doing.
>It's a slow process and there's rumor you're just not going to get certain
>papers no matter what.
>
>Perhaps something did happen at the moon. We'll probably know in time.
>
>: Please Email me at any of the three addresses below. Thank you.
>: "Politically Correct? Isn't that an oxymoron?"
>
>Doesn't look like an address. :) -Harold
>--
>+--------------------------------------X-------------------------------------+
>| Harold Wheaton, N6WUX / \ "Computer, |
>| whe...@ece.ucdavis.edu \ / the arch please." |
>+--------------------------------------X-------------------------------------+

Rich

pay...@netcom.com

Jared Dahl

Jul 13, 1993, 1:36:55 PM7/13/93
|> In a previous article, jd...@rchland.vnet.ibm.com (Jared Dahl) wrote:
|> >They were excluded (some say unfairly) from the
|> >1996 Olympic Games.
|> >

|> I believe that "Atlanteans" refers to Atlantis, as opposed to
|> Atlanta. Of course it is well known that the Lemureans and
|> Atlanteans warred for several millenia, just prior to the
|> Dawn of Recorded History. Something to do with professional
|> soccer, I believe.

Where DO you think ATLANTIS went? It was DESTROYED by General
Kang the RING-TAILED, and CONSEQUENTLY sunk deep INTO the mid-
Atlantic RIFT. Atlanta (New ATLANTIS) was THE only SURVIVING
colony of the ONCE great empire, AND the entire CITY has a BLOOD
hatred of lemurs. GO to the Atlanta ZOO, not one single LEMUR!!

IT has also BEEN rumored that UNION GENERAL Phil Sheridan (who
was KNOWN for BEING very short) WAS actually A LEMUR!!! SHERIDAN,
who is BEST known for RUTHLESSLY burning ATLANTA, had thick FACIAL
HAIR and CUTE shiny little EYES(PARTICULARLY lemurish traits)!!!

|> (PS: Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there several lemurs
|> on the Sri Lankan Olympic team for '96? Maybe in volleyball?)

UN-altered REPRODUCTION and DISSEMINATION of this
IMPORTANT information is ENCOURAGED.

Jared Dahl
Opinions are mine, not my employers
Don't send mail - I won't get it.

Peter Alan Dutton

Jul 13, 1993, 2:30:05 PM7/13/93
In article <21tq65$2...@news.u.washington.edu> agn...@carson.u.washington.edu (Agnes Tomorrow) writes:

>Which brings to mind a question I've always wondered about--does anyone
>know how people from Maine refer to themselves? Manians? Maniacs?
>Mainish folk? Help me! This keeps my up nights, wondering...

It's generally Mainers, but if the person has a sense of humor, he'll
call himself a Maine-iac. And up north (St. John Valley), people will refer
to themselves as Acadians.

On a related note - people in the more touristy regions of Maine call
tourists from a certain other New England state "Mass-holes"

Peter "I post from here, but I'm not a Massachusettsian" D!

Paul Tomblin

Jul 13, 1993, 6:01:06 PM7/13/93
John_-_...@cup.portal.com writes:

>Subject: How To Defecate On A Flying Saucer.ok

> He said, "Frank, look to your right. You will find three
>butons. Push the first, then the second and then the third, in
>that order."

But whatever you do, DON'T PUSH THE FOURTH BUTTON.

> I could hear Teel's laugh as I proceeded to press the first
>button. The sensation was that of a rapid warm wind similar
>to a jet of air, blowing beneath the seat. the process entirely
>crystalized the waste matters and caused it to drop from me.
>Then the second button was another jet blast of a different
>pressure and temperature. Finally, the third button. This pro-
>duced a pleasant, fragrant substance that made me feel as
>though I had been washed, cleaned, powdered and perfumed.

I pushed the fourth button, and screamed. When I woke up in the hospital, I
asked what happened. They explained that the fourth button is the tampon
removal button.

Paul "Ah, the old jokes have become UFO jokes" Tomblin
--
Paul Tomblin - formerly {pt{omblin},news}@{geovision.}gvc.com
"Anybody who has spent time in Algonquin Park will likely be disappointed if

Nick Leverton

Jul 13, 1993, 6:47:53 PM7/13/93
> Satan was kind enough to send me some more E-mail. I attempted to
>reproduce the information and put it on the Net but strange things
>started to happen to my computer. It started smoking, making funny a
>noise and refused to reproduce the information. I guess my computer
>has something against Satan.
>John Winston.

Fis, just what *have* you been up to now ?

N.

John_-_...@cup.portal.com

Jul 13, 1993, 9:14:30 PM7/13/93
Dear Water Drinkers: Since the start of this collection (thread) there
has been 100 postings to this group. According to my calculations by
the year 2,000 we will run out of something to say. This collection has
existed to 14 days.
John Winston.

brendon macaraeg

Jul 13, 1993, 10:21:25 PM7/13/93
Sorry folks...I posted earlier about Neil Armstrong's alien moon base
sightings...my email addresses are:

Bre...@mindvox.phantom.com
72241...@compuserve.com
594...@mcimail.com

any info., mailing lists, source of info., about Armstrong's supposed
discovery while on his Apollo 11 mission would be appreciated. please
read my previous post for more. Thanks.

It is loading more messages.