RCC is Booming!!

Jul 23, 2011, 3:53:07 PM7/23/11

Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on new survey data profiling
Catholicism:

All we ever hear from the wild-eyed critics of the Catholic Church,
including the dissidents within, is that the Church had better "get with it"
and change its teachings on abortion, homosexuality and women's ordination.
Yet it is precisely those religious institutions that are the most liberal
on these issues—the mainline Protestant denominations—that are collapsing.
Not so the Catholic Church. Indeed, its numbers are going north while the
mainline denominations are going south.

The latest findings by the "Emerging Models of Pastoral Leadership" project,
a collaborative effort with Georgetown University's Center for Applied
Research in the Apostolate, are illuminating. In the last 40 years, the
Catholic population has increased by 75 percent; it has grown by 50 percent
since 1990. More important, Catholic attendance at Mass is up 15 percent
since 2000. And in the last five years, contributions have increased by 14
percent. It is also important to note that there has been a 40 percent
increase in Latinos in the Church over the past five years.

Shedding more light on the statistics is a study released a few months ago
by the Pew Research Center's Forum on Religion. Its "Landscape Survey" found
that of those Catholics who have left the Church, roughly half became
unaffiliated while the other half became Protestant. Regarding the latter
half, only 23 percent did so because of the Church's teachings on abortion
and homosexuality; only 16 percent left because of the way women are
treated. Importantly, two-thirds of these Catholics elected to join a
Protestant evangelical church.

In other words, disaffected Catholics who left for another religion opted to
join a more conservative church. That they did not run down the block in
search of a mainline denomination—one that entertains the liberal agenda on
issues governing sexuality and women—is telling.

It's time some people took a hard look at the data and made some hard
choices. This is great news for the Catholic Church.

Copyright © 1997-2011 by Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights.
*Material from this website may be reprinted and disseminated with
accompanying attribution.

--
J Young
Jvis...@live.com

http://tiny.cc/i2mj7

Zacharias Mulletstein

Jul 23, 2011, 4:23:24 PM7/23/11

"J" <jvis...@live.com> wrote in message

> Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on new survey data
> profiling Catholicism:

No, the Pentecostals are booming. We are powerful. We are legion. And we
are taking over. You fox Christians will be killed like the heathen folk
scum that you are. And the person who will kill you is the One lamb virgin
come up to the Kool taste, Jesus Christ. Jesus is gonna git you. And Satan
will finish the job.

--
I am a Fundamentalist Christian Pentecostal Warrior for the One lamb virgin,
Jesus Christ.

Patrick

Jul 23, 2011, 5:10:52 PM7/23/11
"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote

> No, the Pentecostals are booming. We are powerful. We are legion. And
> we are taking over. You fox Christians will be killed like the heathen
> folk scum that you are. And the person who will kill you is the One lamb
> virgin come up to the Kool taste, Jesus Christ. Jesus is gonna git you.
> And Satan will finish the job.

Really?
What makes pentecosta-colas any better than most Christians?

Davej

Jul 23, 2011, 5:33:16 PM7/23/11
On Jul 23, 1:53 pm, "J" <jvisi...@live.com> wrote:
> [...]

> In other words, disaffected Catholics who left for another religion
> opted to join a more conservative church.

Bullshit. Catholics are not "less conservative."

Virgil

Jul 23, 2011, 5:50:14 PM7/23/11
In article <j0fak2$oa4$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote:

> "J" <jvis...@live.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on new survey data
> > profiling Catholicism:
>
> No, the Pentecostals are booming. We are powerful. We are legion. And we
> are taking over. You fox Christians will be killed like the heathen folk
> scum that you are. And the person who will kill you is the One lamb virgin
> come up to the Kool taste, Jesus Christ. Jesus is gonna git you. And Satan
> will finish the job.

Lets let those pentacostals like "Zacharias FishMug", being extremist
faux Xians, and those equally extremist Muslim's kill each other off
until only the sane are left alive.

Doc Smartass

Jul 23, 2011, 7:28:45 PM7/23/11
"J" <jvis...@live.com> wrote in news:4sbuc3....@news.alt.net:

> Subject: RCC is Booming!!

Watch out for shrapnel.

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Aimin' to Misbehave aa # 1939

Kooks! http://kookclearinghouse.blogspot.com/

Books! http://jw-bookblog.blogspot.com/

"Rupert Murdoch" is Australian for F*cked.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Jul 23, 2011, 8:09:05 PM7/23/11

"Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message

Because we have The Truth.

Virgil

Jul 23, 2011, 8:37:39 PM7/23/11
In article <j0fnr8$akr$1...@dont-email.me>,
"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote:

> "Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message
> > "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote
> >> No, the Pentecostals are booming. We are powerful. We are legion. And
> >> we are taking over. You fox Christians will be killed like the heathen
> >> folk scum that you are. And the person who will kill you is the One lamb
> >> virgin come up to the Kool taste, Jesus Christ. Jesus is gonna git you.
> >> And Satan will finish the job.
> >
> > Really?
> > What makes pentecosta-colas any better than most Christians?
>
> Because we have The Truth.

What proof do you have that what you have is any more "THE TRUTH" than
what anyone else has?

Mere faith without facts, which is all you lot have yet shown, doesn't
convince those who respect facts more than faith.

All-Seeing-|

Jul 23, 2011, 8:40:13 PM7/23/11
Virgil wrote:
> In article <j0fnr8$akr$1...@dont-email.me>,
> "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote:
>
>> "Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message
>>> "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote
>>>
>>> Really?
>>> What makes pentecosta-colas any better than most Christians?
>>
>> Because we have The Truth.
>
> What proof do you have that what you have is any more "THE TRUTH" than
> what anyone else has?

english please

W.T.S.

Jul 23, 2011, 11:23:52 PM7/23/11
In article <4sbuc3....@news.alt.net>, jerk...@liar.com says...

> Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on new survey data profiling
> Catholicism:
And we care about what this disinformation mongers says, why again???

<snip> Disinformation of no interest, why repost? </snip>

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/print/14481
http://tinyurl.com/3j3fkch

Virgil

Jul 24, 2011, 12:37:01 AM7/24/11
In article <j0fpld$j44$1...@dont-email.me>,
"All-Seeing-|" <allse...@usa.com> wrote:

> Virgil wrote:
> > In article <j0fnr8$akr$1...@dont-email.me>,
> > "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote:
> >
> >> "Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message

> >> Because we have The Truth.
> >
> > What proof do you have that what you have is any more "THE TRUTH" than
> > what anyone else has?
>
> english please

It is in English. That you cannot parse it is your own personal flaw,
not that of the perfectly correct language in which I expressed myself.

> > Mere faith without facts, which is all you lot have yet shown, doesn't
> > convince those who respect facts more than faith.

Mike Painter

Jul 24, 2011, 12:40:24 AM7/24/11
J wrote:

> The latest findings by the "Emerging Models of Pastoral Leadership"
> project, a collaborative effort with Georgetown University's Center
> for Applied Research in the Apostolate, are illuminating. In the last
> 40 years, the Catholic population has increased by 75 percent; it has
> grown by 50 percent since 1990. More important, Catholic attendance
> at Mass is up 15 percent since 2000. And in the last five years,
> contributions have increased by 14 percent. It is also important to
> note that there has been a 40 percent increase in Latinos in the
> Church over the past five years.

Without doing more work it appears that this "increase" may be based on the
number of people in a parish.

Putting it in a simple model for J.

Number of parishes in 1990 : 100
Average people per parish : 100
Number of parishes in 2010 : 66
Average people per parish : 151

A 50% increase in Catholics.

There are other modles but it is clear that worldwide the percentage of
Catholics is down.

Devils Advocaat

Jul 24, 2011, 2:35:35 AM7/24/11
On Jul 24, 1:40 am, "All-Seeing-|" <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> Virgil wrote:
> > In article <j0fnr8$ak...@dont-email.me>,
> > "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmulletst...@isalwaysright.com> wrote:
>
> >> "Patrick" <barker...@erinot.com> wrote in message

> >> Because we have The Truth.
>
> > What proof do you have that what you have is any more "THE TRUTH" than
> > what anyone else has?
>
> english please

Try reading it again maddy, it is in English.

Les

Jul 24, 2011, 5:26:48 AM7/24/11
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:10:52 -0400, "Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

As atheists we tend to regard anybody who is not ashamed to
call himself Christian as a Christian and invoke the "No true
Scotsman' fallacy when another person on here also claims to be a
Christian, plays Peter, and denies somebody else is a Christian when
they do something they regard as bad. My wife told me that the
Norwegian killer was not a Christians because his, 'gruesome but
necessary' act was not something Christians did.

So are we wrong to make the assumption that a person is
Christian because he says he is? If not how do we distinquish
a true Christian from a false (or 'fox'?) one?

Since each sects claim is based entirely on 'faith' and not fact or
evidence we have no way to distinquish one claim from another.
(one of the reasons we choose none in the same way that there
are many claimed gods and no factual means whereby we
can distinquish true from false)

Each sect tends to regard only themselves as Christian and all
other sects as false thus giving the lie to one another. This seems
to be the only thing about Christianity that they agree on - they
are all false except themselves. So should we accept this collective
agreement and regard all Christians as false and conclude Chrisitanity
no longer exists, never existed as they are or were all fakes?

Of course there is no reliable evidence that there ever was
a Christ as claimed (the gospel writers were also part of a Christian
sect too) and certainly nothing to show there is a god as
claimed.

Les Hellawell
Greetings from:
YORKSHIRE - The White Rose County

duke

Jul 24, 2011, 8:56:49 AM7/24/11
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:26:48 +0100, Les <les-n...@fake-address.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:10:52 -0400, "Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com>
>wrote:
>
>>"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote
>>> No, the Pentecostals are booming. We are powerful. We are legion. And
>>> we are taking over. You fox Christians will be killed like the heathen
>>> folk scum that you are. And the person who will kill you is the One lamb
>>> virgin come up to the Kool taste, Jesus Christ. Jesus is gonna git you.
>>> And Satan will finish the job.
>>
>>Really?
>>What makes pentecosta-colas any better than most Christians?
>
>As atheists we tend to regard anybody who is not ashamed to
>call himself Christian as a Christian and invoke the "No true
>Scotsman' fallacy when another person on here also claims to be a
>Christian, plays Peter, and denies somebody else is a Christian when
>they do something they regard as bad. My wife told me that the
>Norwegian killer was not a Christians because his, 'gruesome but
>necessary' act was not something Christians did.

Say what?

>So are we wrong to make the assumption that a person is
>Christian because he says he is? If not how do we distinquish
>a true Christian from a false (or 'fox'?) one?

Hey, this should be good.

>Since each sects claim is based entirely on 'faith' and not fact or
>evidence we have no way to distinquish one claim from another.
>(one of the reasons we choose none in the same way that there
>are many claimed gods and no factual means whereby we
>can distinquish true from false)

Can you pick a couple of "sects" and show how they vary in their proclamation of
being THE "true Christian"? Now I'm not asking for some deep theological
answer, just something basic. Thanks.

>Each sect tends to regard only themselves as Christian and all
>other sects as false thus giving the lie to one another. This seems
>to be the only thing about Christianity that they agree on - they
>are all false except themselves. So should we accept this collective
>agreement and regard all Christians as false and conclude Chrisitanity
>no longer exists, never existed as they are or were all fakes?

>Of course there is no reliable evidence that there ever was
>a Christ as claimed

He's at least as historical as George Washington. And remember, he kicked your
butt. Heeheehee.

The dukester, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****

duke

Jul 24, 2011, 9:05:15 AM7/24/11
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:23:24 -0500, "Zacharias Mulletstein"
<zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote:

>"J" <jvis...@live.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on new survey data
>> profiling Catholicism:
>
>No, the Pentecostals are booming. We are powerful. We are legion.

Dance for me.

> And we
>are taking over. You fox Christians will be killed like the heathen folk
>scum that you are. And the person who will kill you is the One lamb virgin
>come up to the Kool taste, Jesus Christ. Jesus is gonna git you. And Satan
>will finish the job.

Well, he just flushed any his Christianity down the pentecostal toilet.

duke

Jul 24, 2011, 9:05:46 AM7/24/11
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 19:09:05 -0500, "Zacharias Mulletstein"
<zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote:

>"Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message
>> "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote
>>> No, the Pentecostals are booming. We are powerful. We are legion. And
>>> we are taking over. You fox Christians will be killed like the heathen
>>> folk scum that you are. And the person who will kill you is the One lamb
>>> virgin come up to the Kool taste, Jesus Christ. Jesus is gonna git you.
>>> And Satan will finish the job.
>>
>> Really?
>> What makes pentecosta-colas any better than most Christians?
>
>Because we have The Truth.

What is "the" truth?

duke

Jul 24, 2011, 9:06:25 AM7/24/11
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 22:23:52 -0500, "W.T.S." <m1...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>In article <4sbuc3....@news.alt.net>, jerk...@liar.com says...
>>
>> Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on new survey data profiling
>> Catholicism:
>And we care about what this disinformation mongers says, why again???

Leave this Roman Catholic ng if you don't care.

duke

Jul 24, 2011, 9:08:56 AM7/24/11
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 21:40:24 -0700, "Mike Painter" <md.pa...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

Sounds like our San Fran emt wannabe mikey pushing the idea that a defib unit
does not work on electricity. Don't have an accident in SF. Mikey might come
to your aid.

>There are other modles but it is clear that worldwide the percentage of
>Catholics is down.

The dukester, American-American

default

Jul 24, 2011, 9:14:05 AM7/24/11
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:53:07 -0400, "J" <jvis...@live.com> wrote:

>It's time some people took a hard look at the data and made some hard
>choices. This is great news for the Catholic Church.

Show us the data!

All-Seeing-|

Jul 24, 2011, 10:45:28 AM7/24/11
Devils Advocaat wrote:
> On Jul 24, 1:40 am, "All-Seeing-|" <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
>> Virgil wrote:

>>> What proof do you have that what you have is any more "THE TRUTH"
>>> than what anyone else has?
>>
>> english please
>>
> Try reading it again maddy, it is in English.

grammar --its not just for breakfast anymore

Devils Advocaat

Jul 24, 2011, 10:52:31 AM7/24/11
On Jul 24, 3:45 pm, "All-Seeing-|" <allseei...@usa.com> wrote:
> Devils Advocaat wrote:

> >> english please
>
> > Try reading it again maddy, it is in English.
>
> grammar --its not just for breakfast anymore

Really? If you are so competent in the English language, why don't you
show us all how that sentence would be written? And make sure you
remember to start your sentences with a capital letter, and finish
them with a full stop. :)

Virgil

Jul 24, 2011, 3:36:22 PM7/24/11
In article <j0hb67$5pb$1...@dont-email.me>,
"All-Seeing-|" <allse...@usa.com> wrote:

> Devils Advocaat wrote:

> >> english please
> >>
> > Try reading it again maddy, it is in English.
>
> grammar --its not just for breakfast anymore

At IllSeeing-Id's table, it does not appear for any meal.

And it is not the grammar that irks Ill_seeing, it is the content!

Whenever asked for proofs, IllSeeing always cops out.

Smiler

Jul 24, 2011, 9:31:39 PM7/24/11
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 08:05:46 -0500, duke wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 19:09:05 -0500, "Zacharias Mulletstein"
> <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote:
>

>>"Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote in message
>>> "Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmul...@isalwaysright.com> wrote
>>>
>>> Really?
>>> What makes pentecosta-colas any better than most Christians?
>>
>>Because we have The Truth.
>
> What is "the" truth?

Further evidence, if any where needed, that puke is a stranger to the
truth.

--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

Buddythunder

Jul 24, 2011, 9:57:23 PM7/24/11
On Jul 25, 12:56 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:26:48 +0100, Les <les-not...@fake-address.com> wrote:
> >On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:10:52 -0400, "Patrick" <barker...@erinot.com>
> >wrote:
>
> >>"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachmulletst...@isalwaysright.com> wrote

Simply not true. Trivially false, even someone as rationally broken as
you should be able to tell the difference. We have clear documentary
evidence for George Washington, including thousands of letters. Is
there anything comparable for Jesus? At all?

Patrick

Jul 25, 2011, 8:19:44 AM7/25/11
"Buddythunder" <davida...@gmail.com> wrote in message

We have hundreds of letters about Jesus....

duke

Jul 25, 2011, 1:58:44 PM7/25/11
On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:57:23 -0700 (PDT), Buddythunder <davida...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Can you pick a couple of "sects" and show how they vary in their proclamation of
>> being THE "true Christian"?  Now I'm not asking for some deep theological
>> answer, just something basic.  Thanks.

So you've been showing your ass - again.

>> >Of course there is no reliable evidence that there ever was
>> >a Christ as claimed

>> He's at least as historical as George Washington.  And remember, he kicked your
>> butt.  Heeheehee.

>Simply not true. Trivially false, even someone as rationally broken as
>you should be able to tell the difference. We have clear documentary
>evidence for George Washington, including thousands of letters. Is
>there anything comparable for Jesus? At all?

Your line of thinking means that as soon as we find a person that wrote more
letters than George Washington, GW becomes one who never lived.

But the real question to you is: Did George washington sign or Declaration of
Independence or did his farm foreman sign it for him? And how do you know?

Alan Ferris

Jul 25, 2011, 3:31:00 PM7/25/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:58:44 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>So you've been showing your ass - again.

Why are you so fixated on peoples asses?

"I was talking about a loving family teasingly pinching
nipples (pre breast type) and comparing how that's quite
alright in a family setting but clearly and quickly labeled
as child molestation outside the family setting."
- duke (Earl Webber) Message-ID: <8n7b1e$qn1$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>

Buddythunder

Jul 25, 2011, 8:47:30 PM7/25/11
On Jul 26, 12:19 am, "Patrick" <barker...@erinot.com> wrote:
> "Buddythunder" <davidarthu...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We have hundreds of letters about Jesus....- Hide quoted text -

But none BY Jesus.

Buddythunder

Jul 25, 2011, 8:50:44 PM7/25/11
On Jul 26, 5:58 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:57:23 -0700 (PDT),Buddythunder<davidarthu...@gmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> >> Can you pick a couple of "sects" and show how they vary in their proclamation of
> >> being THE "true Christian"?  Now I'm not asking for some deep theological
> >> answer, just something basic.  Thanks.
>
> So you've been showing your ass - again.

> >> He's at least as historical as George Washington.  And remember, he kicked your
> >> butt.  Heeheehee.
> >Simply not true. Trivially false, even someone as rationally broken as
> >you should be able to tell the difference. We have clear documentary
> >evidence for George Washington, including thousands of letters. Is
> >there anything comparable for Jesus? At all?
>
> Your line of thinking means that as soon as we find a person that wrote more
> letters than George Washington, GW becomes one who never lived.

I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion, could you explain that?
My point is that we have no documentary evidence for Jesus, whereas we
have plenty for GW.

> But the real question to you is:  Did George washington sign or Declaration of
> Independence or did his farm foreman sign it for him?  And how do you know?

I don't know, and I'm not putting the family farm on it, so it's not
particularly important to me to know.

Patrick

Jul 26, 2011, 7:37:06 AM7/26/11
"Buddythunder" <davida...@gmail.com> wrote in message

But none BY Jesus.

+ Jesus never wrote a letter.
+ I suppose you can claim he never existed then?
+ Do you think that Socrates existed?

duke

Jul 28, 2011, 7:37:46 AM7/28/11
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:50:44 -0700 (PDT), Buddythunder <davida...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Jul 26, 5:58嚙窮m, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:

>> So you've been showing your ass - again.

>> >Simply not true. Trivially false, even someone as rationally broken as
>> >you should be able to tell the difference. We have clear documentary
>> >evidence for George Washington, including thousands of letters. Is
>> >there anything comparable for Jesus? At all?
>>
>> Your line of thinking means that as soon as we find a person that wrote more
>> letters than George Washington, GW becomes one who never lived.

>I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion, could you explain that?
>My point is that we have no documentary evidence for Jesus, whereas we
>have plenty for GW.

So you assume.

>> But the real question to you is: 嚙瘩id George washington sign or Declaration of
>> Independence or did his farm foreman sign it for him? 嚙璀nd how do you know?

>I don't know, and I'm not putting the family farm on it, so it's not
>particularly important to me to know.

There you go.

Virgil

Jul 28, 2011, 2:52:54 PM7/28/11
In article <gei2375sv6tnafaig...@4ax.com>,
duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

> >My point is that we have no documentary evidence for Jesus, whereas we
> >have plenty for GW.
>
> So you assume.

Do you question the existence of George Washington?

The documentary, and other, evidence for the existence of George W. is ,
at least to me, much more compelling than that for Jesus of N.

Patrick

Jul 28, 2011, 5:28:07 PM7/28/11

"Virgil" <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote in message

A lot more people had learned to read and write in the 17th century
than in the fist century. Therefore, more readin, writin, and recordin.

Virgil

Jul 28, 2011, 7:00:31 PM7/28/11
In article <RdSdnZ8zCv_6SazT...@posted.localnet>,
"Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com> wrote:

Also several paintings claimed to be drawn from life.
And I have heard that even his false teeth are still extant.