DNS-325 Not accessible (WEB, PING, FTP, SMB, SSH, Telnet... nothing)

Josep Vila Regàs

Sep 4, 2016, 4:27:40 PM9/4/16
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I've been using alt-f for more than 1 year without any issue but...
Few days ago WEB, SSH and SMB started failing but minidlna was running well then i though there was some kind of issue the it's going to be resolved by power supply cut off... :'(
After that nothing is working, is see HDD1, HDD2 and USB leds shine in red and POWER LED in white. I tried to push reset button in different ways but i only see that leds starts blinking (I've seen different blink sequences)and nothing else. Finally I've just found that Telnet could be accessible if I push Reset for more than 10s but less than 20s but nothing happens...

Can anybody help me?

Thank you very much

UPDATE: I've checked LED behavior against button presses and seems normal that means ALT-F is Running but my device is not detected by router neither answers ping broadcasts. (My network is 192.168.1.xxx)

Josep Vila Regàs

Sep 12, 2016, 3:20:49 PM9/12/16
to Alt-F
New update:

I've tried to run without HD and using other HD but DNS325 still not accessible.

I'm still working on it but no progress at all.

El diumenge, 4 setembre de 2016 22:27:40 UTC+2, Josep Vila Regàs va escriure:

João Cardoso

Sep 16, 2016, 1:43:49 PM9/16/16
to Alt-F
If the orange leds blinks as expected (read the About Buttons and LEDS wiki)  in response to pressing the power, USB or Reset buttons, then Alt-F is working and you have a network problem.
It might be as simple as a faulty network cable. You can also try a direct network connection to a PC, the procedure has already been addressed in the forum.